When will Marat win again? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

When will Marat win again?

Bibir
04-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Acasuso defeated Marat 6-4 6-4

Congrats Jose! :worship:

Acasuso was obviously the better player...But what happened to Marat?

They're almost all better than him those days.

another early exit. :sad:

El Legenda
04-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Whats with him...Does he only try at GS?!?!?

Exodus
04-20-2005, 05:32 PM
maybe at RG but nothing it's for sure maybe he will play like shit for the rest of the year

roisin
04-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Acasuso defeated Marat 6-4 6-4
...............................i dunno whether to be shocked at that or not :shrug:

marat :banghead:

makro120
04-20-2005, 05:35 PM
USopen he will go to final against Federer and I don't dare to predict what will happen thereafter....

Auscon
04-20-2005, 05:37 PM
he'll face Wayno in the first or 2nd round of RG and get belted

Kip
04-20-2005, 05:37 PM
He'll win again when he decides
that he wants to play.

henree
04-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Whats with him...Does he only try at GS?!?!?

Ha right. He only tries at Roland Garros & Austrailian Open. He lost 1st rd at Wimby & U.S. Open last year.

:eek:

KCVH
04-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Very soon.

Bibir
04-20-2005, 05:44 PM
I don't understand. He wants to win RG so badly...

Billabong
04-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Marat:(:sad:

Armada~121
04-20-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't understand. He wants to win RG so badly...

Well, who understands Marat anyway? :p

RogiFan88
04-20-2005, 05:51 PM
when you least expect it...

acasuso is a decent claycourter and is choosing NOW to show his game!!! ;)

Bibir
04-20-2005, 05:59 PM
when you least expect it...

acasuso is a decent claycourter and is choosing NOW to show his game!!! ;)
I know, there are many decent claycourters around..But Safin is supposed to be a TOP player.

He always rises from ashes, but really....It's hard to handle sometimes.

Will the real Marat Safin please stand up?

joeb_uk
04-20-2005, 06:00 PM
I was in no doubt that he would lose, its a shame he is so inconsistent. But maybe he will have a run like last year later on in the season.

uNIVERSE mAN
04-20-2005, 06:02 PM
You need a degree in Oafism to understand it.

justClaudia
04-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Marat :sad: :smash: :banghead:

jmp
04-20-2005, 08:03 PM
It's good to read everyone's opinions.

My answer: :shrug: :crazy:

Bibir
04-20-2005, 08:08 PM
And Marat's opinion:

Frustrated Safin admits crisis of confidence

BARCELONA, April 20 (Reuters) - World number three Marat Safin has admitted facing a crisis of confidence after being dumped out of the Barcelona Open by Argentine Jose Acasuso on Wednesday.

The Russian, who started the year by winning the Australian Open, has lost form in recent months, losing to Juan Carlos Ferrero in Monte Carlo last week and suffering a surprise 6-4 6-4 defeat in his first match in Barcelona.

"I've had a poor two months after Australia and it's very frustrating to be in this position," said the 25-year-old.

"I've gradually lost all my confidence and that is why I lost today. My opponents know that I'm struggling and they obviously take advantage.

"I'm feeling a combination of frustration and pressure. I want to come back as fast as possible especially with the tournaments in Rome and Hamburg coming up, but there's no strategy to solve the problem it's just a question of running hard, fighting and waiting for my opportunity."

Acasuso, who beat Safin in their only previous meeting in the World Team Cup in Germany in 2002, edged the first set and made the crucial breakthrough in the fifth game of the second when he came to the net to earn a third break point.

Safin, a winner in Barcelona in 2000 and finalist in 2003, lost the game to trail 3-2 and began to lose his temper as he struggled to cope with Acasuso's heavy ground strokes and the partisan crowd got on his back.

The Argentine set up three match points when he caught Safin out with a delicate drop shot and won the match after the Russian netted a backhand return.

"He surprised me a little," Safin said. "He was lucky on a lot of points, but was very solid, he served quite well and made no serious errors."

The Russian was also forthright in his comments about the reception he received from the Barcelona crowd.

"I wasn't angry with the crowd, they were angry with me. But if they don't like what I do then I won't come, the tournament can save some money and I can save some time and everyone will be happy."

Despite his evident frustration, however, Safin remained philosophical about recovering his form before next month's French Open.

"It's only a sport, so I don't want to get carried away about it," he said. "But it's clear that no one likes to be in this position. I'm experiencing a low at the moment, but it can only get better -- when is the question though.

"If I continue fighting my opportunity will come and I'm sure that will be before French Open. Maybe I just need that little bit of luck to give me that extra push."

Bibir
04-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Disconsolate Safin said he had been worried by his form for weeks
Safin admitted that he had been worried by his form for weeks. "I just knew I'd be losing match after match. It's frustrating, it's difficult to come back.

"It's so much tougher than when you're playing well. It's all frustration and pressure for me. I'm under pressure to come back as fast as I can with the important tournaments coming up."

Safin said that Swedish coach Peter Lundgren could not offer any magic advice. He had to try and get his game - and his head - back on track.

"There is no strategy, you just have to fight through it," he said.

MariaV
04-20-2005, 08:24 PM
he'll face Wayno in the first or 2nd round of RG and get belted

Yeah, whatever. I mean you might actually be right. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And his big announcements about RG as a big goal might end as the USO last year. I already said that after his Monte Carlo exit press conference. Not that I want to jinx him or anything. Maybe it will have a reverse effect.

Turkeyballs Paco
04-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Maybe this year, he'll just win all the slams ;)

Go Marat!

foul_dwimmerlaik
04-20-2005, 09:22 PM
acasuso is a decent claycourter and is choosing NOW to show his game!!! ;)They're all choosing to show their games against Marat, cause they all know that he SUCKS now. Simple.

As for the thread's quiestion, I don't think anyone has a faintest clue, least of all Marat himself.

LuCaS@ro
04-20-2005, 10:06 PM
These poor tourneys don't deserve Marat's attention :yawn: he's gonna win RG anyway :tennis:

NYCtennisfan
04-21-2005, 03:29 AM
Probably at the Paris Indoors :) He's just been hitting way too many erros and not serving well at all to win and it gets worse and worse with every loss.

Allure
04-21-2005, 04:12 AM
The thing about Marat is he is inconsistent. He can play great (AO 2005 against Federer) or very poorly and have an early exit. So who knows.

Experimentee
04-21-2005, 04:14 AM
I thought he would start to play again in the clay season, but obviously that isnt so.

It would be so funny if Marat won all 4 Slams playing amazing tennis, but lost early in every other tournament :lol:

switz
04-21-2005, 04:20 AM
he'll make the semis or something probably in Hamburg and then the quarters at RG.

i think he might actually do better at wimbledon this year for some reason - maybe lundgren will be able to get him ready for it. grass really should be a good surface for him.

WyveN
04-21-2005, 04:31 AM
when the high risk shots he goes for time and time again go in, instead of out. It happened in Australia and it will happen again eventually.

Action Jackson
04-21-2005, 04:33 AM
You never know with Marat, he could turn it around very soon, then again he might not.

Allure
04-21-2005, 05:47 AM
He can win any tournament if he wants it bad enough. It's all about effort and confidence.

willie
04-21-2005, 06:22 AM
he will win a tournament again if in the way to the title he defeats federer.

fleur137
04-21-2005, 06:54 AM
marat is so unpredictable and so volatile...
don't get me wrong. i'm a safin fan but i'm just pissed and disappointed at his lack of form.

oh and when will he win again? this just struck me. wouldn't it be funny if he actually started winning a few matches on grass, namely on wimbledon?

Tennis Fool
04-21-2005, 07:42 AM
I thought he would start to play again in the clay season, but obviously that isnt so.

It would be so funny if Marat won all 4 Slams playing amazing tennis, but lost early in every other tournament :lol:
If he does the opposite of Moya, that's fine with me. :yeah:

syd
04-21-2005, 08:02 AM
don' t forget, he lost all his hopmancup match before winning the AO !
i stay confident til RG !

safinaferrero
04-21-2005, 08:23 AM
At RG i think it's his dream tournement

WyveN
04-21-2005, 08:31 AM
All those expecting Safin to "wake up" at the FO just because its a grand slam shouldnt forget there was more then a 4 year gap between his first 2 slams.

Bibir
04-21-2005, 09:29 AM
He can win any tournament if he wants it bad enough. It's all about effort and confidence.
I don't know how he can be confident about RG if he loses all his matches on clay.

syd
04-21-2005, 09:32 AM
All those expecting Safin to "wake up" at the FO just because its a grand slam shouldnt forget there was more then a 4 year gap between his first 2 slams Prefer not thinking about it !
I've been patient enough waiting 4 years !

Dirk
04-21-2005, 09:44 AM
There is always Rome and Hamburg. He plays very well at Hamburg. He needs to win a few titles this year to back up his newly discovered good press.

Bibir
04-21-2005, 10:06 AM
There is always Rome and Hamburg. He plays very well at Hamburg. He needs to win a few titles this year to back up his newly discovered good press.
I don't know how but the guy lost all his confidence, he's struggling and wants to come back fast before RG...That's not a good sign for me.
But who knows?

"I've gradually lost all my confidence and that is why I lost today. My opponents know that I'm struggling and they obviously take advantage.

"I'm feeling a combination of frustration and pressure. I want to come back as fast as possible especially with the tournaments in Rome and Hamburg coming up, but there's no strategy to solve the problem it's just a question of running hard, fighting and waiting for my opportunity."

Puschkin
04-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Marat Safin, a mystery as always: The only player who loses confidence after winning a grand slam event ;)

TheBoiledEgg
04-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Marat's brain works in two seasons (well maybe just the once but in a calendar yr we'll call it twice)

January-Brain works fine.
Feb-September (US Open)is :cuckoo: and brainfarting all the time.
After US Open, Marat wakes up ........

happens every yr :o

raphael
04-22-2005, 01:24 AM
i dont get it. whenever marat loses a tourment, he is just oafing. but when other players like roddick or coria or federer loses, its a big deal. other ven suggest retirement. it double standard right?