Will Nadal be Number 1 in the race by the end of clay season? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Nadal be Number 1 in the race by the end of clay season?

Fumus
04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
With 313 points under his belt Nadal is is the closest competitor to Federer. If he picks up a few more tournies(maybe a certain French grandslam :D ), he could be number 1 in the indesit race by the end of the Clay season.

Furthermore, Nadal is not defending hardly any points from 2004's clay court season so he could be number 2 in the world by the end of the year... :eek: :eek: or if Federer plunges off the deepend in his results could Nadal be the number 1 player in the world by the end of the year?!?:explode:

GO NADAL!!

TheMightyFed
04-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Stop smoking Wimbledon herb, it's the one that will allow Fed to remain Number 1 ;)

Puschkin
04-19-2005, 02:19 PM
This reminds me of some posts predicting the same for Marat two months ago ;) Beating Roger is not immediately followed by becoming nr. 1.

TheMightyFed
04-19-2005, 02:20 PM
This reminds me of some posts predicting the same for Marat two months ago ;) Beating Roger is not immediately followed by becoming nr. 1.
And by the way, Nadal did NOT beat JesusFed ! ;)

Puschkin
04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
And by the way, Nadal did NOT beat JesusFed ! ;)
:worship: forgive me ;)

RogiFan88
04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
No he only beat the teenager who beat Rogi then went on to beat the would-be "king of clay" to win the title.

TheMightyFed
04-19-2005, 02:56 PM
No he only beat the teenager who beat Rogi then went on to beat the would-be "king of clay" to win the title.
But with the "beat who beat" logic you generally don't go too far. It's not because Nadal beat Gasquet that he's superior to Roger.

intikab
04-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Brad Gilbert agrees:
I can’t see anything stopping Nadal from reaching the first hard-court Masters Series final of his career; certainly not David Fererr whose 5-8 record on the year will be the equal as his height after the match. If Nadal can continue to scoop up points outside of the clay court events then he can finish the year in the number two spot. With no points to defend in the upcoming clay court season Nadal should crack the top five by the end of Roland Garrors. I expect big things from this kid.
http://www.bradgilberttennis.com/asp/bgnation.asp

TheMightyFed
04-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Brad Gilbert agrees:
I can’t see anything stopping Nadal from reaching the first hard-court Masters Series final of his career; certainly not David Fererr whose 5-8 record on the year will be the equal as his height after the match. If Nadal can continue to scoop up points outside of the clay court events then he can finish the year in the number two spot. With no points to defend in the upcoming clay court season Nadal should crack the top five by the end of Roland Garrors. I expect big things from this kid.
BG still looking for a job ? :devil: :devil:

willie
04-19-2005, 04:03 PM
jajajaja, no way, impossible.

Fumus
04-19-2005, 04:08 PM
anytime anyone talks about another player becoming number 1, the Roger fans come out of the wood work. lol...I think he will be in the top 10 by the end of the clay season.

babsi
04-19-2005, 05:41 PM
The future has to become the past, before anybody will know.

You might want to wait just a tat bit longer before you start speculating - like, when he is one victorie away, of it possibly happening!

These threads are like allergie season - they come and go and they are countless.

I agree with every word that you say

Call it as I see it even if I was
born deaf,blind and dumb
(Billie Joe Armstrong)

federer express
04-19-2005, 05:42 PM
With 313 points under his belt Nadal is is the closest competitor to Federer. If he picks up a few more tournies(maybe a certain French grandslam :D ), he could be number 1 in the indesit race by the end of the Clay season.

Furthermore, Nadal is not defending hardly any points from 2004's clay court season so he could be number 2 in the world by the end of the year... :eek: :eek: or if Federer plunges off the deepend in his results could Nadal be the number 1 player in the world by the end of the year?!?:explode:

GO NADAL!!

serious question?

onewoman74
04-19-2005, 05:54 PM

very funny!! bd has been quiet as of late...i'm not surprised he resurfaces after nadal wins his 1st shield...lol :D

NYCtennisfan
04-19-2005, 06:43 PM
anytime anyone talks about another player becoming number 1, the Roger fans come out of the wood work. lol..

Isn't this the reason you made this post in the first place? Perhaps a little fishing?

I think Nadal will be at least #7 i the world by the end of the clay season and that is a conservative estimate. If he stays hot like he is right now, top 5 is not out of the question. As for end of year stuff, he will have to really step up his fast hardcourt game to finish ahead of LH, Marat and Roddick.

Chloe le Bopper
04-19-2005, 06:57 PM
anytime anyone talks about another player becoming number 1, the Roger fans come out of the wood work. lol...I think he will be in the top 10 by the end of the clay season.

He could be top ten by this time next week.

Chloe le Bopper
04-19-2005, 06:59 PM
As for end of year stuff, he will have to really step up his fast hardcourt game to finish ahead of LH, Marat and Roddick.

Agreed. Nadal has shown that he can consistently perform on the main surfaces during the first half of the season. There isn't a doubt in my mind that he'll learn to do it on slightly faster surfaces as well - whether or not he does that this year remains to be seen. His level during the second half of the year will probably dip.

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Nadal is amazing. He is going to take over the world... and he will succeed where Andy and Lleyton can not :devil:

Roger The Great
04-19-2005, 11:58 PM

GO NADAL!!

Could Rafa hit #1 in the race by the end of Roland Garros?? Sure he could... He's proving he's a terror on the dirt although I think he'll have one or two suprise losses during this season. The problem is that Fed is pretty solid on the clay as well and I think he'll accumulate enough points to stay ahead of Rafa... Even if he doesn't win many of the events.

I do agree that Rafa may be in the top 5 by the end of the year... He's pretty damn good.

Lalitha
04-20-2005, 12:31 AM

:lol:

euroka1
04-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Watching those last two finals one felt one was feeling a much needed fresh breeze in the game. I hope he can keep it up.

RogiFan88
04-20-2005, 12:53 AM
But with the "beat who beat" logic you generally don't go too far. It's not because Nadal beat Gasquet that he's superior to Roger.

Did I say that Nadal is superior to Roger?? I'm very happy that Rafa won MCarlo after his tough loss to Rogi in Miami -- he earned the title! :worship:

Roger The Great
04-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Watching those last two finals one felt one was feeling a much needed fresh breeze in the game. I hope he can keep it up.

You know... I have to say that's right on. As much as I love Roger's game and appreciate him, men's tennis needed some variety. It seems like every week since June of last year it's been Fed.... Roddick.... Hewitt.... Safin.... Agassi. And with very few exceptions you know who will win all the matches when that group plays each other. Nadal and even Gasquet have added some variety and definitely some spice to the tour. I'm going to really enjoy this clay season.

RogiFan88
04-20-2005, 01:06 AM
And here I was thinking, good, no Rogi in the final so I can relax and just watch the match... yeah, right! I was a wreck after the MCarlo final... :p

alexito
04-20-2005, 01:14 AM
stop with much stupid idea, nadal don't want be number 1, he want top ten.
nobody stole number 1 to federer.

uNIVERSE mAN
04-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Rogi rules the universe!

bad gambler
04-20-2005, 01:51 AM
no

ugotlobbed
04-20-2005, 03:59 AM
hewitt agassi roddick safin henman have not been playing their best....federer wants to win french....wat im saying is ........there is a lot of opponents out there.....especailly hewitt...i dont think nadal can actually beat hewitt...even on clay....he prob has to work hard to beat hewitt....safin can win the french too..

WyveN
04-20-2005, 04:20 AM
its possible but with roddick in the draw of the other big clay events nadal wont have it all his own way.

Art&Soul
04-20-2005, 04:37 AM
its possible but with roddick in the draw of the other big clay events nadal wont have it all his own way.
YUP :D :D :D :devil:

Federerhingis
04-20-2005, 04:45 AM
Could Rafa hit #1 in the race by the end of Roland Garros?? Sure he could... He's proving he's a terror on the dirt although I think he'll have one or two suprise losses during this season. The problem is that Fed is pretty solid on the clay as well and I think he'll accumulate enough points to stay ahead of Rafa... Even if he doesn't win many of the events.

I do agree that Rafa may be in the top 5 by the end of the year... He's pretty damn good.

Precisely its not like Federer is going to disappear out of this planet because its the clay season. Yes he will not have the same winning percentage as in other surfaces because more players can compete with him on clay and a few can beat him consistently on it. However he's no chopped liver on clay, he held his own against decent clay courters like Gonzalez, now you may say what you wish he's a headcase, what have you but he still is very dangerous on clay and Federer had a very good win against him. Besides he can only gain points at Rome all he needs to do is make a Semifinal at Rome and at least the quarters at Hamburg, by the way he too can pick up points at Rolland garros where winning one match counts even more, so should he make a qf at Rolland he would remain a solid holder of the race #1, nonetheless his Hamburg points may make the difference, should he defend his title or make the final he's almost guaranteed to keep a hold of the race #1 for another while.

I also agree with your comments about Nadals season this year if he continues his good form.

Scotso
04-20-2005, 04:59 AM
I'd say it's possible. Of course it is. Especially if Federer goes out early in the French.

Dirk
04-20-2005, 05:29 AM
Nadal replacing Federer as number one is wishful thinking on Fumus's part. Since his horse Andy hasn't worked out he seems to have found another. Federerhingis..DITTO.

kabuki
04-20-2005, 05:36 AM
Brad Gilbert agrees:

BG is so full of crap. Not that long ago while coaching Andy, Brad said that he didn't see anything much special about Nadal. :rolleyes:

Scotso
04-20-2005, 05:39 AM
Nadal replacing Federer as number one is wishful thinking on Fumus's part. Since his horse Andy hasn't worked out he seems to have found another. Federerhingis..DITTO.

Learn to read.

Allure
04-20-2005, 05:49 AM
I'm not sure about #1 but probably top 5. This kid's too good. :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-20-2005, 06:03 AM
With Nadal's luck, he will fall down a flight of stairs right before the French Open. But even if he doesn't, even though he probably will, he won't dethrone Rogi as much as I would love to see that

GO NADAL!!

Dirk
04-20-2005, 06:14 AM
KarolBeckFan read the last line in Fumus's post. That is where my point was coming from. Looks like someone else needs to brush up on their reading skills or memory ones. :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
04-20-2005, 06:19 AM
Or maybe he just *gasp* likes Nadal, and it isn't a big obsession overall Federer afterall.

Why can't you chat with Fumus or a few others on here without bringing Andy up? It's sort of totally lame.

Me thinks that somebody is in need of a new schtick.

Dirk
04-20-2005, 06:23 AM
Or maybe he just *gasp* likes Nadal, and it isn't a big obsession overall Federer afterall.

Why can't you chat with Fumus or a few others on here without bringing Andy up? It's sort of totally lame.

Me thinks that somebody is in need of a new schtick.

If he wasn't obsessed with Roger then that last line or two from his first post wouldn't be there. Stating the truth is never a tiresome schtick and that is exactly what I did.

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-20-2005, 06:25 AM
BG is so full of crap. Not that long ago while coaching Andy, Brad said that he didn't see anything much special about Nadal. :rolleyes:

LOL! Well, I am sure he had to say that when he was coaching Andy! Now I am sure he can admit a lot of things

Chloe le Bopper
04-20-2005, 06:28 AM
If he wasn't obsessed with Roger then that last line or two from his first post wouldn't be there.

Roger is the bar right now. Talking about him doesn't indicate obsession.

Stating the truth is never a tiresome schtick and that is exactly what I did.

LOL. "Stating the truth".. is that what you call it? Here I thought it was you were just tirelessly baiting Roddick fans in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with Roddick.

Dirk
04-20-2005, 06:32 AM
It was not the first line in his post that caused me to respond but the last two lines about Nadal being number 2 or 1 if Roger falls off the earth in terms of results. You can call it bait for me to bring up Andy but the truth as bait is still the truth. You can just call it "the bait of truth".

Chloe le Bopper
04-20-2005, 06:36 AM
It was not the first line in his post that caused me to respond but the last two lines about Nadal being number 2 or 1 if Roger falls off the earth in terms of results. You can call it bait for me to bring up Andy but the truth as bait is still the truth. You can just call it "the bait of truth".
"A bait of truth"? :rolleyes: I think that I just puked. And I thought that *I* was good at twisting things. Me thinks you've just won yourself the horseshit of the year award for that one :yeah:

Why don't you just admit to having an unhealthy obsession with Fumus?

Dirk
04-20-2005, 06:45 AM
I can't admit to having an obession with him because it would be untrue but I do like him and do enjoying chatting with him. He is a good guy. You know him quite well too Becca. Perhaps I can ask if he has an obession with wanting to see Federer fail? Afterall with his track record, it's only a fair question. To his credit he did apologize for some of his actions (posts) otherwise I wouldn't waste any time on him.

Nothing wrong with Fumus wanting to see Nadal be very successful and take the number one spot away from Roger this year even. Then again, there is nothing wrong with saying he wants Roger to lose the number one spot and if not to Roddick then to someone else like Nadal.

WyveN
04-20-2005, 06:47 AM
Why don't you just admit to having an unhealthy obsession with Fumus?

because he doesnt?

Chloe le Bopper
04-20-2005, 06:48 AM
because he doesnt?
By his logic he does :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-20-2005, 06:49 AM
I think people in general like to see other people fail. We can't help it and there's nothing wrong with it because it's an innate human characteristic to be bitter. I wish good things on my favorite players. But of course it feels even better when they succeed at the expense of someone else "failing" :devil:

WyveN
04-20-2005, 06:49 AM
By his logic he does :)

as fas as i know he gets along well with fumus so i doubt there is any logic there.

Chloe le Bopper
04-20-2005, 06:51 AM
as fas as i know he gets along well with fumus so i doubt there is any logic there.
Well he seems to go out of his way to "toy" with him, make comments at him, etc. Which is fine. But seeing as Fumus so much as mentioning Roger is worth of an "obsession" accusation, then surely Dirk deserves one in return?

And yes, by this logic I have an unhealthy obession with both of them.

Don't blame me, it's not my logic. I'm just abusing it :)

Good night :cool:

Dirk
04-20-2005, 06:57 AM
Becca you bullshitted yourself out of another hole. Congrats. :yeah: You didn't even address the main evidence I have for knowing what Fumus is up to with this post. You know Fumus's history full well so I think we both can safetly say he doesn't like Roger's success and wants him out of the top spot as soon as possible. There is nothing wrong with that but don't go after someone who brings up that subtext in his threads.

Chloe le Bopper
04-20-2005, 07:01 AM
Becca you bullshitted yourself out of another hole. Congrats. :yeah:

I was in a hole? I think you failed to follow along. If you think I was full of shit, great. That was the whole point. Your logic is bullshit, and it's still bullshit when I apply it. :bigclap:

You didn't even address the main evidence I have for knowing what Fumus is up to with this post.

Funny, I thought he was just talking about Nadal and brought up Federer since Federer is the bar these days. I didn't realize that you had a tigh intimate connection with him that would allow you to feel what his true motivations are for things. :worship:

You know Fumus's history full well so I think we both can safetly say he doesn't like Roger's success and wants him out of the top spot as soon as possible.

Actually, based on my interactions with him he doesn't curse Federer nightly, so you're on your own with that one.

There is nothing wrong with that but don't go after someone who brings up that subtext in his threads.

And don't get pissy with me when I decide to apply bullshit to your bullshit :yeah:

Now I'm actually going to bed. I promised myself I'd go at 3 am ;)

Dirk
04-20-2005, 07:10 AM
I was in a hole? I think you failed to follow along. If you think I was full of shit, great. That was the whole point. Your logic is bullshit, and it's still bullshit when I apply it. :bigclap:

Funny, I thought he was just talking about Nadal and brought up Federer since Federer is the bar these days. I didn't realize that you had a tigh intimate connection with him that would allow you to feel what his true motivations are for things. :worship:

You don't even need to know Fumus to know what his motivations are. You simply need to know that he was RealityRyan. You know that poster that posted the "Federer was killed in a plane crash over Holland" thread in the federer forum along with another Roger bashing one to know he doesn't like seeing Federer successful. I am not sure you knew that he told you that information when you chat with him.

Actually, based on my interactions with him he doesn't curse Federer nightly, so you're on your own with that one.

And don't get pissy with me when I decide to apply bullshit to your bullshit :yeah:

Now I'm actually going to bed. I promised myself I'd go at 3 am ;)

Becca you used self deprecating humor to completely escape from the point in the prior post of yours. You said I have an obsession with both so it's ok if I abuse my logic. Meaning "I can say whatever shit I want because I am a fat ass who thinks I run circles around everyone with my posts that are full of intelligence and wit".

You don't even need to know Fumus to know what his motivations are. You simply need to know that he was RealityRyan. You know that poster that posted the "Federer was killed in a plane crash over Holland" thread in the federer forum along with another Roger bashing one to know he doesn't like seeing Federer successful. I am not sure you knew that or he told you that information when you chat with him. You applied Bullshit to a freaky wall or prehaps just that head of yours which could probably hold it all inside but sadly your not smart enough to know that you are NOT THAT SMART.

Good Night Piggy. :kiss:

Fumus
04-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Well gosh, what do I have to say...Rebecca said it all. MUAH!!

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-20-2005, 07:27 AM
You know that poster that posted the "Federer was killed in a plane crash over Holland" thread in the federer forum along with another Roger bashing one to know he doesn't like seeing Federer successful.

"Federer dies in plane crash" ??? Woowww. That's a horrible joke. Now "Federer injured in car accident" would be more believable :D

Becarina
04-20-2005, 07:29 AM
"Federer dies in plane crash" ??? Woowww. That's a horrible joke. Now "Federer injured in car accident" would be more believable :D
mean :sad:

Gogo123
04-20-2005, 09:50 AM
This may be a little off-topic but can someone tell me why the entry rankings sometimes only include the best of 4 international tournaments? Like if you check tenniscorner they are including only the best of 4 this week but in next weeks rankings they are including the best of five?

jtipson
04-20-2005, 09:56 AM
It's usually 5 optionals; this week it's only 4 because they have 10 TMS on instead of the normal 9. Monte Carlo was played a week earlier this year so currently there are two Monte Carlo results on the rankings. Next week MC 04 will fall off, so it's back to the normal 4 GS + 9 TMS + 5 optionals (+ TMC).

Skyward
04-20-2005, 03:55 PM

http://sk8ting.fastbb.ru/img/sm241.gif

Fumus
04-20-2005, 05:38 PM
You don't even need to know Fumus to know what his motivations are. You simply need to know that he was RealityRyan. You know that poster that posted the "Federer was killed in a plane crash over Holland" thread in the federer forum along with another Roger bashing one to know he doesn't like seeing Federer successful. I am not sure you knew that or he told you that information when you chat with him.

Fumus never posted that, who's RealityRyan? ;)

That said I don't hate Roger, nor do I want him to be unsuccesful. I admire, respect, and :worship: his game. I like watching him play, especially in big matches and watching him has tought me alot about tennis. I would however, like to see other people compete for the number 1 spot, I would like to see closer matches between Federer and others top players.

Now that you have taken this thread way off topic, which was probably your intention in the first place as you hate to see threads about such things(ie. other players that could be number 1). I think Nadal has a great chance to win back to back masters, going into RG steamin' hot take the title and become number 1 in the race. :D

Hurley
04-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway it seems that the thread title and, therefore, the topic to be discussed, is "Will Nadal be Number 1 in the race by the end of clay season?" A perfectly valid question, given the math, and I would say his chances are 50/50 if he keeps up his current form.

Skyward
04-20-2005, 07:37 PM
It's similar to Coria scenario last year. If he had won the FO, he would have overcome Federer in the race.

mitalidas
04-20-2005, 07:39 PM
It's similar to Coria scenario last year. If he had won the FO, he would have overcome Federer in the race.
and lost it shortly thereafter for the rest of the non-clay year

Chloe le Bopper
04-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Becca you used self deprecating humor to completely escape from the point in the prior post of yours. You said I have an obsession with both so it's ok if I abuse my logic. Meaning "I can say whatever shit I want because I am a fat ass who thinks I run circles around everyone with my posts that are full of intelligence and wit".

You don't even need to know Fumus to know what his motivations are. You simply need to know that he was RealityRyan. You know that poster that posted the "Federer was killed in a plane crash over Holland" thread in the federer forum along with another Roger bashing one to know he doesn't like seeing Federer successful. I am not sure you knew that or he told you that information when you chat with him. You applied Bullshit to a freaky wall or prehaps just that head of yours which could probably hold it all inside but sadly your not smart enough to know that you are NOT THAT SMART.

Good Night Piggy. :kiss:
Okay, I think that you win insult of the year for "fat ass". Wow. Good one! There was no way that the rest of the post could top that comment, so it almost wasn't worth reading.

Until I saw you ranting about my intelligence. You'd know about that almost as well as you'd know about my "fat ass".

Anybody who uses "fat ass" as an insult during an argument on the internet immediately loses. That's about as awesome as saying "you're ugly". Either way, you've just thrown in the towel. Which is more than just a little dissapointing. I had been giving you way more credit than you deserved apparently :D

Dirk
04-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Never took this off topic, just pointing the subtext of this thread. Nothing wrong with Fumus's motives and nothing wrong with someone pointing them out. I proved Fumus has or maybe accurately saying had an obsession with wanting Federer to fail under his old name Reality Ryan. I still believe Fumus wants nothing more than Federer to not be number one as soon as possible and for Nadal to replace him. That was the whole point to him starting this thread. I think even my detractors can see that now.

Becca what is the difference between calling you a fat ass and you calling others retards or other names? I guess that means you have lost far more arguments than you have won in that case. I can use your own bullshit to nullify you as well only in my case I hit a bullseye where as you didn't even comment on the content of my comments regarding Fumus's motives. You avoided it because I was winning and you just can't say "ok you are right Dirk".

Chloe le Bopper
04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Becca what is the difference between calling you a fat ass and you calling others retards or other names? I guess that means you have lost far more arguments than you have won in that case. I can use your own bullshit to nullify you as well only in my case I hit a bullseye where as you didn't even comment on the content of my comments regarding Fumus's motives. You avoided it because I was winning and you just can't say "ok you are right Dirk".

I don't remember calling anybody a "retard" recently. I have used the "retard" smiley, but I don't consider that calling somebody a "retard". Although it is not necessarily below me to do so, I don't like to call people that. I use the smiley to represent "this is such ridiculous trite that I can't be bothered to come up with a wordy response to it". And yes, it is lazy of me to do that. However, it is different than insulting somebody for their physical appearance. While I may act lazy at times, my insults tend to stick to my impressions of the poster that have formed as a result of their words. If you can't distinguish how this differs from "fat ass" then I guess you're NOT AS SMART AS YOU THOUGHT :D

Dirk, I'm sorry, but you weren't winning anything here. If you were, I would have stepped back and said "my bad", as I always do when I realize I have erred. Here it seems that you're completely delusional and nothing more. I suppose it's possible in your mind that I have lost to your delusions, but it's certainly not possible in mine :)

For the record, I did comment on the "content". If you failed to notice, I guess that you're NOT AS SMART AS YOU THOUGHT :D Or you're being delusional. Again ;)

Dirk
04-20-2005, 08:54 PM

Me thinks that somebody is in need of a new schtick. First reply quote from you to me.

You didn't comment on Fumus's track record of prior posts and threads under his old name. You avoided that and said he doesn't have an obsession with him. You went on to say by my logic (which you didn't even know what I based my post to him on) that I had an obsession with him. I based my first post in this thread on what his wrote for the thread post and his past actions. That was my logic not him just mentioning Federer in his first post here. If you followed the conversation then you would have known that. I will give you a pass on one matter. Maybe just maybe you didn't see my post detailing his past actions and name because it was the last post on page 3. Sometimes people don't see them because the thread gets refreshed and starts on page 4. If you didn't see that post then I will apologize for the insult. I just hope you will be honest in your answer and not just lie so I have to apologize.

Chloe le Bopper
04-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Dirk - I did see your post. I will restate my position by quoting myself for you later. For now I have to finish eating and then have a nap. I'm just writing this so that you don't think you have me cornered and that I'm skipping out :lol:

Dirk
04-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Ok see you later but it will be very hard for you do reinstate your position and win because you didn't comment on Fumus's prior posts and actions. I proved he had an obsession with Federer specifically wanting to see Federer fail. I do appreciate you not lying and saying you saw that post before you went on to make comments on page 4. You could have lied and end this conversation by making me apologize.

Enjoy your nap and I hope it inspires some creativity because you are going to need it.

Federerhingis
04-20-2005, 09:47 PM
and lost it shortly thereafter for the rest of the non-clay year

pretty much!

Chloe le Bopper
04-21-2005, 06:39 AM
Ok see you later but it will be very hard for you do reinstate your position and win because you didn't comment on Fumus's prior posts and actions.

Frankly, I'm not trying to "win. I can't prove that you have some weird kinky obession with Fumus and Roddick fans anymore than you can prove what Fumus' intentions were. I'm pretty certain that I am correct, based on your own history of bringing up Roddick when it makes absolutely no sense to do so, simply because you don't like something that a particular Roddick fan said (be it Fumus, or Deb, or whoever). However, I realize that I can't prove what your motivation is anymore than you can prove what Fumus 's is. I do think I'm far more logical than you, but that's purely subjective and adds little substance to the argument.

I proved he had an obsession with Federer specifically wanting to see Federer fail.

In my opinion you have not done so adequately. I am aware that Federer is not his favourite player. I am aware of what he has posted here there and everywhere about him. None of this proves that he has an obession with wanting to see Federer fail. It indicates that he enjoys a good troll from time to time, but I don't see much of the way in proof to support your claims.

I do appreciate you not lying and saying you saw that post before you went on to make comments on page 4. You could have lied and end this conversation by making me apologize.

It would have been totally unnecessary to do that.

Enjoy your nap and I hope it inspires some creativity because you are going to need it.

lol. Dirk, I try to save my creativity for things that matter. While I'm sure that you matter to many, I'm certainly not one of them. ;)

Now, back to the intial matter at hand: that I apparently failed to acknowledge Fumus' background which is apparently the source of your accusations against him. You said:

You know Fumus's history full well so I think we both can safetly say he doesn't like Roger's success and wants him out of the top spot as soon as possible.

To which I responded:

Now, if by "Fumus' history" you did not mean his history of posting particular things about Federer, than what, pray tell, were you talking about?

Action Jackson
04-21-2005, 06:46 AM
Nadal can do it, but it's not that important as being # 1 in the Entry is the bigger deal.

As much as I like Koubek he was # 1 in the Champs Race once.

Dirk
04-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Becca bringing up Roddick is crucial when it comes to Fumus saying things about Federer because Roddick failing to create a rivarly with Federer is the reason Fumus doesn't like seeing Federer successful. Other posters have to know otherwise my replies to his such statements wouldn't make sense. I have no problem with what Fumus posted and I don't see why you had a problem with what I posted but since you took the issue up I tried to spell it out for you, but you went off topic to my having a obsession with Fumus instead of addressing the content of my reply to his thread. I think this is because you are chummy with him so you are defending him more so than you really should. Once I posted why Fumus has an obsession with wanting to see Federer fail you still went stayed off topic unfazed. Again maybe it's because you were making an emotional decison and not a logical one. I can only guess. Becca I was talking about his history of posting things as a Federer hater and Roddick troll under the name RealityRyan. You fully know all about that and know that it does prove he has an obsession with wanting to see Federer fail you just want to whitewash it so you don't have to agree with my point.

I am just glad you got the content of my replies and if you disagree then there is nothing I can do about it but now you know why I posted my first post here.

Daniel
04-22-2005, 02:39 AM
No

jacobhiggins
04-22-2005, 05:00 AM
People are starting to doubt King Federer. I think people are using there jumping to conclusions mats!

Fumus
04-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Oh, gosh all this talk about me and I missed it. Rebecca you did a very lovely job of defending me but, taking on a passionate Dirk is a great feat for anyone but it's useless to bother in this situation.

Dirk has his perceptions of me which are engraved into his mind like it was stone. He cannot see me as a person who likes other players besides Roddick. I am a single minded robot rooting for players to take out other players because I am secretly wishing my player can sneak in some where and be number 1. That's all well and grand and it makes sense, if I was a robot...but seeing as I am not your logic fails.

I am just as complicated as everyone else who posts at MTF. I like and dislike what players I choose on any given day for no particular reason at all. No, sadly I have no obsession with any player, least of all Federer(but maybe Jelena Dokic :drool: ).

Case and point being, why can't I make any thread without it being somehow related to Roddick or Federer? So I suppose, according to your logic if I made a thread about Andre Agassi being #1, Guga Keurten being #1, or Nic Almagro being #1...it would all be because of secret plot to see Federer fail? Can you see how illogical that sounds?

Dirk you are a banana head, and you are no longer allowed to post about Federer or Roddick in any thread I am present in, unless I ok it first…that should remedy this situation I think. ;)

Dirk
04-22-2005, 08:01 PM

GO NADAL!!

Just be reading your first post one can see that you are wishfully thinking about Nadal replacing Roger as number one this year. Nothing wrong with implying that and nothing wrong with making a note (which I did) of it either. Becca said she didn't think your post was doing that so I tried to convince her as to why I was thinking that and brought up some of your history (which I didn't want to do) because she wasn't taking any subtle hints. By my last post I realized she was just refusing to accept my information because she is a good friend of yours and will hopelessly defend you on this matter.

NadalsBoyToy
04-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Nadal will be #1 in less than 3 years and will have @ least 3 slams under his belt when he becomes #1. He should win the French relatively easily this year and who knows, the way he played Miami, he could make some noise @ the USO.

Dirk
04-22-2005, 10:45 PM
USO court is too fast for him to contend for. Miami is a slower court so he can contend for those titles in the spring but the summer ones are faster. Oz he could contend for since it's clay courter friendly. Has to make other changes and improvements in his game to do great on the faster hard courts, grass, and indoors. Saying he will be number one after Federer isn't a day dream. It could happen.

rue
04-23-2005, 12:00 AM
I think that Nadal is the kind of person who, even if he is not that good on fast Hard courts or on Grass will make sure that he plays well on them. His game is so different from a lot of players and I think his mentality will help him get into top five by the end of Roland Garros. I think that if he wins Barcelona and perhaps one of the other Masters Series titles coming up and then Roland Garros and Federer does not do as well, he has got a great chance.

safdem
04-23-2005, 03:04 AM
hopefully.
i do feel that hes better than federer on clay. :)

jacobhiggins
04-23-2005, 04:10 AM
I think Federer is going to figure him out, Federer usually has losing records against new opposition. He turns it around though!

williaer
04-23-2005, 05:20 AM
all i can say is GO RAFA!!!!!!

he's gonna rake in some clay court points, but will prob slip a lil in the rankings during the grass and american hard court season... so i hope he does really well in what's left of barcelona and the rest of the cc season!

meanwhile... the silent clay court achiever is andy at the moment, doing really well at houston. - i love seeing him do well on clay. hopefully he'll continue with this momentum @ RG and will get deep into the 2nd week!!!

Rogiman
04-23-2005, 11:16 AM
meanwhile... the silent clay court achiever is andy at the moment, doing really well at houston. - i love seeing him do well on clay. hopefully he'll continue with this momentum @ RG and will get deep into the 2nd week!!!

WyveN
04-23-2005, 12:33 PM
hopefully he'll continue with this momentum @ RG and will get deep into the 2nd week!!!

2nd week or 2nd round? ;)

williaer
04-23-2005, 12:45 PM
let me dream....

Rogiman
04-23-2005, 12:53 PM
let me dream....

In case you haven't noticed yet, Roddick made it to the finals of Houston for four successive years, so there's (at most) zero correlation between going far in Houston and doing well on clay.

In fact, these two words (Houston, clay) shouldn't be put in the same sentence.

Chloe le Bopper
04-23-2005, 02:54 PM
I guess I'll respond to the topic for the first time ever. Roger will probably win one of the clay MS, so no, Nadal won't pass him ;)

mangoes
04-23-2005, 03:44 PM
I agree chleo, I also believe Federer will win one of the clay MS. Nevertheless, I think there is a very good chance Nadal can finish 2nd in the world.

tennischick
04-23-2005, 03:46 PM
In case you haven't noticed yet, Roddick made it to the finals of Houston for four successive years, so there's (at most) zero correlation between going far in Houston and doing well on clay.

In fact, these two words (Houston, clay) shouldn't be put in the same sentence.
:worship:

that attempt at red clay is so awful. the sound of the ball is disturbing. and the bounces! :rolleyes: that court is a travesty. Andre looked as if he would have personally kicked Mattress Mack to the curb last night. :mad:

Raul-Lopez
04-23-2005, 04:16 PM
IMPOSIBLE IS NOTHING

misyou25
04-23-2005, 05:38 PM
as if...go federer..go hewitt...go andy :haha:, go Gaudio, go Juancho

Fedex
04-23-2005, 06:08 PM
He has a job; commentary for ESPN. :lol:

Fedex
04-23-2005, 06:20 PM
No. I think Federer will be able to pick up enough points during the clay season to stay ahead of Nadal.

NATAS81
04-23-2005, 06:35 PM
You'd have to show me the breakdown of Standings thus far.

If Nadal isn't even in the top 3 already, I'd have to say Federer will finish #1.

If Nadal is in the top 2, he has a terrific chance of surpassing everyone and completing the jugular.

I'm going on a limb and saying Nadal #1 if already top 2.

Federer is beginning to become overcome with fear when having to play Rafa Ninja Turtle (THE REAL NINJA) NADAL!

ugotlobbed
07-05-2005, 11:07 PM
vote!

mitalidas
07-05-2005, 11:11 PM
lobbed, Roger's ranking points differential is so large that he would have to lose in early rounds of all the remaining tournaments he was in last year and nadal would simultaneously have to go deep and perhaps win those for nadal to end #1. short answer: no he won't surpass Roger

if you are speaking about race points, it is possible

uNIVERSE mAN
07-05-2005, 11:13 PM
If they dig up all surfaces to every tournament and replace it with the red crap then maybe.

David Kenzie
07-05-2005, 11:26 PM
lobbed, Roger's ranking points differential is so large that he would have to lose in early rounds of all the remaining tournaments he was in last year and nadal would simultaneously have to go deep and perhaps win those for nadal to end #1. short answer: no he won't surpass Roger

Year-end Entry Ranking and Year-end Race rankings are the same (exept for challenger results but neither Nadal or Federer have played challengers this year).

To answer this question it makes sense to look at the Race Ranking, and that is it's only purpose really.

mitalidas
07-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Year-end Entry Ranking and Year-end Race rankings are the same (exept for challenger results but neither Nadal or Federer have played challengers this year).
sorry?
I am talking about indesit race points versus ATP ranking points
lobbed didn't specify where nadal might surpass
so my point is that in the ATP ranking it is very unlikely nadal would pass Federer but that it is possible he would in the points race

tennisman.
07-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Nadal is never gonna be #1

Rogiman
07-05-2005, 11:41 PM
sorry?
I am talking about indesit race points versus ATP ranking points
lobbed didn't specify where nadal might surpass
so my point is that in the ATP ranking it is very unlikely nadal would pass Federer but that it is possible he would in the points race
What I think you haven't figured out is that the year-end entry ranking points are in a one-to-one relation with the Indesit ATP race points in the end of the year (Entry=race x 5, precisely), so the race winner is also the year-end #1.

sigmagirl91
07-05-2005, 11:44 PM
I don't think Nadal will surpass Roger in the entry rankings this year-and maybe not the next. Roger would practically have to be on his deathbed for that to happen.

Sjengster
07-06-2005, 12:15 AM
If they dig up all surfaces to every tournament and replace it with the red crap then maybe.

:haha:

You're becoming quite the troll these days, aren't you? Keep up the good work.

Fergie
07-06-2005, 12:17 AM
No ;)

sigmagirl91
07-06-2005, 12:21 AM

Trouble is, he's not even funny or, at the very least, witty.

Sjengster
07-06-2005, 12:24 AM
He tried to tell me during Miami that Gaudio didn't deserve to be in the Top 10, that was good for a few laughs.

NYCtennisfan
07-06-2005, 12:26 AM
No.

PamV
07-06-2005, 12:28 AM

If Nadal won the US OPen and Roger lost in the first round.....Roger would still lead Nadal by some 1,400 points. I am not sure how many Entry points the other tournaments like Toronto and Cincinnati bring. Roger lost early last year at Cincinnati so that one can't really hurt him.

willie
07-06-2005, 12:29 AM
i hope....but i really dont think so...

MissMoJo
07-06-2005, 12:31 AM
nope

DanEd
07-06-2005, 12:38 AM
no but he has a great chance to finish #2

Iheartandy&roger
07-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Nope Nadal isn't close to Federer yet but he can become Fedi very soon he's great.

guinevere_79
07-06-2005, 04:26 AM
I highly doubt it. Roger has to lose early in the remaining tournaments for this to happen.

Besides, Roger can also maintain a safe distance by performing well in the remaining TMS events. He lost in the first round of Cincy last year, and didn't enter the last two TMS events. So he has no points to defend from those points-heavy tournaments.

lucashg
07-06-2005, 05:22 AM
Besides, Roger can also maintain a safe distance by performing well in the remaining TMS events. He lost in the first round of Cincy last year, and didn't enter the last two TMS events. So he has no points to defend from those points-heavy tournaments.

:yeah:

People remember Nadal has practically nothing to defend until the end of the year, but seem to forget that even though Roger has the most points from this part of the season, he still has three big tournaments to exclusively gain points. Cincinnati, Madrid and Paris, not to mention Basel.

And the chances he will lose early in all those tournaments he has to defend are slim, at best. I'm just not sure if he's scheduled to play Bangkok this year.

El Legenda
07-06-2005, 05:39 AM
I got a better chance of becaming President of USA.....i was not even born here

PS: to run for Pres of USA..u need to be born here

Seleshfan
07-06-2005, 05:43 AM
I got a better chance of becaming President of USA.....i was not even born here

PS: to run for Pres of USA..u need to be born here

mickymouse
07-06-2005, 05:47 AM
A more realistic question should be whether he will be able to get a #2 ranking at the end of the year.

Art&Soul
07-06-2005, 06:21 AM
A more realistic question should be whether he will be able to get a #2 ranking at the end of the year.
RIGHT :yeah:

Castafiore
07-06-2005, 06:26 AM
Another Nadal/Federer topic?

Anyway, I agree, it would be simply fantastic if he can take the number two position: won't be easy to do.

In 2004, I believe that he said that his aim was to enter the top 20 by the end of 2005 so he has already surpassed his own goals and what most people were expecting of him.

jtipson
07-06-2005, 09:06 AM
In theory, it's possible for Nadal to pass Federer before the US Open in the race, and be number one in the entry immediately after the the US Open.

In practice, it's not likely as he'd have to have a hardcourt season like Roddick's in 2003, and also win the clay tournaments he's playing in the next 3 weeks and Federer would not have to do very much at all in that period.

I don't think he'll do it this year. Perhaps next year though.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
07-06-2005, 09:10 AM
I don't think so,unless all matches are played on clay court.

Shabazza
07-06-2005, 10:44 AM
voted No

Action Jackson
07-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Only if Federer suffers a major injury and doesn't play another match for the year.

Saturn66
07-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Nope

Purple Rainbow
07-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Of course Nadal won't surpass Federer this year. :rolleyes:

PamV
07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
In theory, it's possible for Nadal to pass Federer before the US Open in the race, and be number one in the entry immediately after the the US Open.

In practice, it's not likely as he'd have to have a hardcourt season like Roddick's in 2003, and also win the clay tournaments he's playing in the next 3 weeks and Federer would not have to do very much at all in that period.

I don't think he'll do it this year. Perhaps next year though.

How is it possible in theory for Nadal to pass Federer in the Entry Rank points?

Nadal has 3635 points & Federer has 6980 points. If Federer lost early at the US Open and lost 1000 from his tally he would be at 5980. If Nadal won the tournament he would gain about 1000 points and then have 4635 points. Federer would still have a 1,345 point lead over Nadal. What would Nadal have to win in order to obtain that many points? I just ask because I don't know how many entry rank points they give for the other tournaments.

So far Nadal hasn't won even one non-clay tournament.....so it seems premature to guess that he would dominate the hardcourt season. Remember aside from Federer, there is Hewitt, Roddick and Safin who are probably ALL better than Nadal on hard court.

avocadoe
07-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Nadal's not bad on hardcourt...but NO he won't surpass Roger this year or even next year if Roger's health is good...I'd like to see him at #2 though before the French Open next year :)

guinevere_79
07-06-2005, 01:44 PM
:yeah:

People remember Nadal has practically nothing to defend until the end of the year, but seem to forget that even though Roger has the most points from this part of the season, he still has three big tournaments to exclusively gain points. Cincinnati, Madrid and Paris, not to mention Basel.

And the chances he will lose early in all those tournaments he has to defend are slim, at best. I'm just not sure if he's scheduled to play Bangkok this year.

He is scheduled to play the following tournaments for the remainder of the year:

TMS Toronto (defending champ)
TMS Cincinnati (lost first round last year)
US Open (defending champ)
Bangkok Open (defending Champ)
TMS Madrid (did not join last year)
Basel (did not join last year)
TMS Paris (did not join last year)
Masters Cup (defending champ)

So Roger has four more titles to defend, but he also has four more events where he can pile on the points.

jtipson
07-06-2005, 02:12 PM
How is it possible in theory for Nadal to pass Federer in the Entry Rank points?

Nadal has 3635 points & Federer has 6980 points. If Federer lost early at the US Open and lost 1000 from his tally he would be at 5980. If Nadal won the tournament he would gain about 1000 points and then have 4635 points. Federer would still have a 1,345 point lead over Nadal. What would Nadal have to win in order to obtain that many points? I just ask because I don't know how many entry rank points they give for the other tournaments.

So far Nadal hasn't won even one non-clay tournament.....so it seems premature to guess that he would dominate the hardcourt season. Remember aside from Federer, there is Hewitt, Roddick and Safin who are probably ALL better than Nadal on hard court.

As you say, the difference currently is 3345. If Federer didn't play the hardcourt season for some reason, he'd lose 1505 (don't forget he won the Canadian Open last year). If Nadal managed to "do a Roddick" and win both the TMS tourneys and USO (he only won one match across those tournaments last year) then he'd gain 1955. That's enough to overtake Federer by 115 points after the USO, even ignoring the clay tournaments Nadal is playing in the next few weeks which he's likely to win (and drop some from Sopot as he's not defending).

Unlikely I agree, but theoretically possible.

connectolove
07-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Nadal is going to have to win it ALL, and I mean, ALL.

It is not impossible, just difficult if he doesn't improve the areas in his game that he has to and that we all now know what they are.

Good luck to Rafa. He is a great athlete, but I think Fed has a very special talent. We will see what happens.

uNIVERSE mAN
07-06-2005, 03:20 PM

now come on, that's very harsh, have a sense of humour ;)

uNIVERSE mAN
07-06-2005, 03:26 PM
If Nadal ever defeats Roddick or Hewitt on hardcourt I'll change my tune completely, that's a promise, until then he's a clay courter. (I'd put Safin in there but he could lose to a woman or beat God on a given day).

Rex
07-06-2005, 03:26 PM
i think federer is little to anxious to keep his place to let it go. I mean how many of us actually believe nadal will get further in the USO than federer.
There is not many clay tournys left, so i dont think so, but maybe in the future.

jtipson
07-06-2005, 03:46 PM
If Nadal ever defeats Roddick or Hewitt on hardcourt I'll change my tune completely, that's a promise, until then he's a clay courter. (I'd put Safin in there but he could lose to a woman or beat God on a given day).

He ran Hewitt very close the last couple of times on hardcourt. I'd expect Nadal to beat him next time, seriously. He would have a good chance against Federer, but not much against Roddick on DecoTurf.

Problem for Nadal is that now he's going to be seeded top 4 for the rest of the year, so his chances of beating one of these guys is more remote as he is less likely to meet them.

Jessie_Sophie
07-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Don't think it's possible..but in two years...who knowsss....

NATAS81
07-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Not until at least 2007.

It starts with RG next year.

nermo
07-06-2005, 09:32 PM
No he won't , at least not for this year..cuz Nadal still has a lot to improve in his game to be number one, , and Federer still has a lot of talent to show while being number one...but it would be fun to see Nadal as number one some day..

uNIVERSE mAN
07-06-2005, 10:37 PM
No he won't , at least not for this year..cuz Nadal still has a lot to improve in his game to be number one, , and Federer still has a lot of talent to show while being number one...but it would be fun to see Nadal as number one some day..

never going to happen.

ugotlobbed
07-06-2005, 10:38 PM
i meant race points just to clarify

mitalidas
07-06-2005, 10:43 PM
i meant race points just to clarify
ah yes i did comment in my first few responses that in entry ranking it would be difficult, but in race points it is possible (also difficult but much more likely than in entry)
there are still some clay tourneys left but the meat of the race points will now come from hard courts. he has a mixed record there. lets see what happens (GO ROGER GO GO)

QuicKyMonSter
07-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Noway! :D

Puschkin
07-07-2005, 05:54 AM
No, unless there is an injury involved.

Paialii
07-07-2005, 04:30 PM
This year? Not happening.

The kid is what, 19? His game has so much more developing to do; we haven't seen even half of what he's capable of, because he's just not there yet. I think Federer, Roddick and perhaps Hewitt will be the dominant players this summer on the hardcourts. Nadal isn't quite reay to beat those three on a regular basis, not on hardcourt.

jacobhiggins
07-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Federer is a better all court player then Nadal and will always be better all around player. Rafa showed he's good on other surfaces besdies clay, but clay will always be his bread and butter! I know he's getting a lot of press and was on fire on clay, but it reminds me a lot of all the Roddick talk when Roddick went on his hardcourt run. Unless Federe gets injured or takes a break from tennis, I don't think Rafa will ever end the year as number 1!

Rogiman
07-07-2005, 05:26 PM
I can't see why people are having such a hard time with the numeric stuff :retard:

Again, at the year's end the Champions Race and the Entry Ranking become one (using the key of 1 C.R. point = 5 Entry ranking points), thus should Nadal surpass Federer in the Champions Race by the time the year ends he will also take over the Entry Ranking as world #1, for instance: should Federer stop playing now, and Nadal win a TMS plus the USO (hypothetically of course) Nadal will have 972 C.R. points (=4860 Entry Ranking points) while Federer will only have his current 910 C.R. points (=4550 E.R. points).

In fact, right now the C.R. points are more telling than the E.R. points about a player's real state.

Once again :retard:

rue
07-07-2005, 06:54 PM
I don't think so, I think that Nadal will one day become the world number one, but not anytime soon. He is still improving and needs to really develop his game in order for him to then be the world number one. Federer is just too good right now. No one will take over him this year and you never know with next year.

disturb3d
07-07-2005, 07:00 PM
I don't think so, I think that Nadal will one day become the world number one, but not anytime soon. He is still improving and needs to really develop his game in order for him to then be the world number one. Federer is just too good right now. No one will take over him this year and you never know with next year.If Fed were to get injured. Nadal could potentially take the no.1 spot in a matter of 2 months.

People need to realise that the gap between Nadal and Fed is extremely close.

Sjengster
07-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Nadal would need to imitate Roddick's 2003 summer for that to happen, and even then he would only just pip Federer for the no. 1 spot. The gap is not extremely close at the moment, but I'm fairly certain it will be smaller after the US Open and at the end of the year. Nadal will gain substantial points on hardcourt, Federer will probably lose some here and there (although a US Open defence would be just about enough to assure him year-end no. 1).

Rogiman
07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
The gap is not extremely close at the moment, but I'm fairly certain it will be smaller after the US Open and at the end of the year.

You're talking about the Entry Ranking I take it, because it's only likely to grow bigger in the Champions Race.

Sjengster
07-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Yes, the ranking. Geez, this Race thing is a bit of a waste of time, isn't it? Certainly up until the autumn.

Rogiman
07-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Yes, the ranking. Geez, this Race thing is a bit of a waste of time, isn't it? Certainly up until the autumn.
Actually right now it gives a pretty reliable information as for the top dogs' realistic position.

For instance, it shows most of Safin's 3000 something points are mainly speculative at the moment.

Sjengster
07-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Well that's the thing, isn't it - the Entry Ranking dates from the last 52 weeks, the CR from the start of this year. That's why Federer's lead over Nadal in the rankings is far bigger than his lead in the Race.

Melissa10
07-07-2005, 07:51 PM
OK, back to the poll. Answer: No. ;)

Rogiman
07-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Well that's the thing, isn't it - the Entry Ranking dates from the last 52 weeks, the CR from the start of this year. That's why Federer's lead over Nadal in the rankings is far bigger than his lead in the Race.
Sure, but 238 race points (or 1190 ranking points, for that matter) is a pretty convincing lead, considering Federer's chances to gather race points are much higher than Nadal's until the end of the season.

robinhood
07-07-2005, 08:34 PM
no, no?

guinevere_79
07-08-2005, 04:05 AM
Nadal would need to imitate Roddick's 2003 summer for that to happen, and even then he would only just pip Federer for the no. 1 spot. The gap is not extremely close at the moment, but I'm fairly certain it will be smaller after the US Open and at the end of the year. Nadal will gain substantial points on hardcourt, Federer will probably lose some here and there (although a US Open defence would be just about enough to assure him year-end no. 1).

This I don't understand. Why is everyone almost sure that Nadal will gain substantial points on the hardcourts? Except for the Miami final, he has not yet proven that he can beat the top players consistently on this surface.

And in contrast, everyone seems to be sure that Roger will lose some points here and there. Again, this I don't understand. Even if Roger doesn't win the US Open, and fails to defend his Toronto title... I don't think that he will lose early in those tournaments this year to make a significant difference. Even if he fails to defend, I still think he will perform better than Nadal in those tournaments, so he still gets more champions race points.

mp3junkie
07-08-2005, 04:25 AM
Nadal is never gonna be #1

You are a complete idiot. Nadal will be #1. Just wait and see you shit for brains.