Jose "Chucho" Acasuso Room [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Jose "Chucho" Acasuso Room

Pages : [1] 2

bad gambler
04-18-2005, 07:10 AM
Didn't see a thread for him so thought of creating one. Hopefully there are some fans out there for this young talented argentinian

He plays Vicente today in Barcelona

For god's sake acasuso, please win :sad:

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 07:14 AM
Good man gambler and I am still surprised by your fandom of "Chucho" Acasuso. It's hard because Vicente and Chucho are not in the best of form and why couldn't they draw Srichaphan.

bad gambler
04-18-2005, 07:18 AM
i'm trying to confirm whether he is fully fit, his past results really are uncharacteristic, losing to players on clay that he really should be beating

it's probably just a confidence thing, and hopefully stringing some wins together will help him regain his touch

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 07:35 AM
That Gilles Simon loss is one that still sits very poorly with me. He seems to struggle at this time of year, though he has been injured a lot at this time.

He is a very relaxed and a cool guy, and I want to see him further up the rankings.

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 02:35 PM
http://joseacasuso.homestead.com/files/aus02party-gattiker.JPG
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/03uso/03usaga.jpg

bad gambler
04-18-2005, 10:34 PM
lol thanks for the pics...

good win by acasuso over vicente :yeah:

next round should be very very interesting......

jazz_girl
04-19-2005, 12:15 PM
:lol: Nice pics George!
Who's he playing in the next round?

Fergie
04-19-2005, 02:05 PM
:lol: Nice pics George!
Who's he playing in the next round?
Marat Safin :awww:

Vamos Chucho! :yeah:

Action Jackson
04-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Time to make a mark again Chucho and big Safin is vulnerable early.

bad gambler
04-19-2005, 11:44 PM
very good, fergie and jazz girl are posting here, i knew he had more than 2 fans on this board :yippee:

i actually think he has a very good chance to beat marat - with two masters tournamnets coming up, you have to question safin's mind set and effort level for this match and as geroge said he is always vulnerable in the early rounds

jazz_girl
04-20-2005, 01:53 AM
He can make it for sure. It all depends on how he is and where Marat's head is, we have to see what combination there will be tomorrow...

bad gambler
04-20-2005, 09:27 AM
not long now until chucho takes safin to school :)

Denaon
04-20-2005, 04:34 PM
:woohoo: damned good work Jose!!!!!! :wavey: badgambler, happy bday btw ;)

bad gambler
04-20-2005, 08:17 PM
yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy, gotta run but must talk about this great win later :)

Action Jackson
04-21-2005, 06:16 AM
Great win by Chucho, the man does have potential to do well in the big tournaments and it's the first time for a while that he has won 2 matches in a row.

Hopefully he can come back down to earth and beat Wawrinka today.

bad gambler
04-21-2005, 06:18 AM
based on the way wawrinka struggled against the claycourt king srichaphan I would be extremely disappointed if he didn't dispatch with him easily

Action Jackson
04-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Congrats bg, you believed in Chucho when many others didn't, but don't forget he did manage to lose to Simon.

Action Jackson
04-21-2005, 06:42 AM
Here is a photo of the victor against Safin.

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/04/21/thumb/t058dh01.jpg

Denaon
04-21-2005, 07:45 PM
based on the way wawrinka struggled against the claycourt king srichaphan I would be extremely disappointed if he didn't dispatch with him easily
*chucho reads and...*:bolt:

Fergie
04-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Oh Chucho :rolleyes:

gravity
04-21-2005, 10:19 PM
I would be extremely disappointed if he didn't dispatch with him easily

I know I am disappointed after seeing today's result. :eek:

bad gambler
04-22-2005, 04:30 AM
how do you manage to lose chucho :rolleyes:

well there goes the momentum

bad gambler
04-26-2005, 06:50 AM
good luck to chucho later today against super mario

i have a feeling he may need it :tape:

Action Jackson
04-26-2005, 06:51 AM
Chucho needs to build up his confidence, but at least he has direct entry into RG.

bad gambler
04-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Acasuso lost in straight sets to Ancic, can't say I am suprised.

Just need to ride out this slump in form and get ready for the french open

Action Jackson
05-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Acasuso is back after some problems he is playing Andreev in St Pölten.

Vamos Chucho.

bad gambler
05-17-2005, 12:52 AM
well i didnt bother staying up for the chuco match against andreev because it was pretty late over here, so am extremely suprised to see the great sresult, especially coming back from a set down

Acauso d Andreev 3-6 6-3 6-2

It is important now to string some wins together, so go and kick almagros ass :banana:

Action Jackson
05-18-2005, 12:53 PM
No play today for Chucho and he has to back up tomorrow, he beat Almagro before and maybe the heavy court will help him.

bad gambler
05-19-2005, 01:04 AM
yep good point, i'm hoping the rain has done him a favour with respect to the court speed or lack thereof

though should he win I hope he does it quickly as it looks like he will have to back up

Eugenia
05-19-2005, 05:22 PM
2nd Round: Acasuso d. Almagro 6-4 6-4 :bounce:
QF: Acasuso d. Kohlmann 6-2 7-6 :worship:

Well done Chucho!!! :woohoo:

bad gambler
05-19-2005, 11:16 PM
LOL thanks for that pic :wavey:

yeah pleasing to see he had a solid day yesterday, two relatively comfortable wins from what I saw following the scoreboard, from memory he faced a few bp\'s in teh first set against almagro but otherwise it was smooth sailing.

Even more pleasing given his biggest tournament of the year is next week so this should hopefully help his confidence as well.

Hope he can finsih the job this week in style by taking out Davydenko and then winning the title, which i believe he has a massive chance of doing.

good luck chucho against davydenko :rocker2:

bad gambler
05-24-2005, 04:07 AM
Chucho plays the best first up in the French Open - this is very tricky first round

good

bad gambler
05-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Great stuff by Chucho against the Beast, a slight hiccup in the 2nd set but came through nicely :D

Next on the list is Roddick, man have I been licking my lips for this match up :banana:

DanEd
05-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Good Chucho against Roddick!!!!!!!

Here you have a Jose Chucho Acasuso site:

http://joseacasuso.homestead.com/

Eugenia
05-25-2005, 10:54 PM
I can't wait for that match!!! Go Chucho!!! :D

DanEd
05-25-2005, 11:12 PM
of course he has many fans. look at these two ones:

:scared:

http://joseacasuso.homestead.com/frtennis2002.html

very good, fergie and jazz girl are posting here, i knew he had more than 2 fans on this board :yippee:

i actually think he has a very good chance to beat marat - with two masters tournamnets coming up, you have to question safin's mind set and effort level for this match and as geroge said he is always vulnerable in the early rounds

bad gambler
05-26-2005, 12:01 AM
DanEd :wavey:

today is the day, i'm really confident of a good result here :)

go chucho :rocker:

Mount Goddess
05-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Hmmm I just discovered your man today, while watching him beat Roddick at RG.
What a cool guy!!
Well done on your win.

Denaon
05-26-2005, 06:54 PM
DanEd :wavey:

today is the day, i'm really confident of a good result here :)

go chucho :rocker:
:cool: you were totally right :banana:

gravity
05-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks for making my day Chucho :lol:

Eugenia
05-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Beautiful match Chucho!!! :worship:

Pics from today's match!!! :D

jazz_girl
05-27-2005, 12:58 AM
After today he'll have many more fans :lol: :yeah:
Well done! :)

bad gambler
05-27-2005, 02:30 AM
many thanks eugenia for the pics :yeah:

i loved his reaction afterwards :)

he is one cool customer :smoke:

Action Jackson
05-27-2005, 09:58 AM
many thanks eugenia for the pics :yeah:

i loved his reaction afterwards :)

he is one cool customer :smoke:

High 5s to the India's most famous Chucho fan and it's good to see that there are a few of them here.

Agassi Fan
05-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Beautiful match Chucho!!! :worship:

Pics from today's match!!! :D

He played great tennis! I saw him first time, so I will support for him in the next round too. :)

Action Jackson
05-27-2005, 01:22 PM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/coberturaespecial/canaltenis/nota.asp?nota_id=707662

If someone could translate this it would be appreciated.

La explosión
El misionero José Acasuso, que conoce como nadie en el circuito la tierra roja, logró ayer una de las victorias más importantes de su carrera y alcanzó por primera vez la tercera vuelta en el Abierto de Francia, segundo Grand Slam del año: venció al norteamericano Andy Roddick, N° 3 del mundo, por 3-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 y 8-6, en 3 horas y 21 minutos

PARIS.– Hay postales que se proyectan, pero que tardan mucho en concretarse. Son esos instantes de gloria, que se sueñan y que a veces en toda una carrera no pueden consumarse. Algo de eso sintió José Acasuso, en ese rato en el que se acostó sobre el polvo de ladrillo del court Suzanne Lenglen, de cara al cielo. Después de 3h21, el misionero, de 22 años, que conoce la tierra roja como nadie en el mundo del tenis, había consumado la mejor victoria de su carrera. Andy Roddick, el poderoso sacador norteamericano, sufría una nueva frustración al tiempo que Chucho, el del andar cansino y el tranco aletargado, que en sus tiempos de juniors creció detrás de Guillermo Coria y de David Nalbandian se daba el gusto de ser la estrella de la tarde parisiense.

El argentino llegó a estar dos sets abajo, 4-4 y break-point y, posteriormente, en desventaja por 1-3 en el quinto set. Roddick, el ex N° 1 del mundo, el campeón del US Open 2003, el actual N° 5 de la Carrera de los Campeones, 3° en el Ranking de Acceso y segundo cabeza de serie en el abierto francés, estuvo cerca de la victoria. Era casi un hecho, si el norteamericano nunca suele perdonar. Pero no sabía, en medio del pegajoso calor y la humedad, que enfrente tenía a alguien que sabe jugar como pocos con ese clima. Y así, Acasuso dio vuelta la historia y con un 3-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 y 8-6 logró su mejor actuación en un torneo de Grand Slam, pues por primera vez tendrá la oportunidad de pelear por un lugar en los octavos de final en una prueba de estas características, que dicho sea de paso, después de cuatro días ya no cuenta con jugadores de los Estados Unidos, Australia y Gran Bretaña, los países que organizan los otros tres torneos más importantes del circuito.

“Me siento cansado, pero feliz. Cuando logré quebrarle en el tercer set, me di cuenta que ganarle no era imposible. Después, cuando recuperé el break en el quinto supe que la victoria estaba cerca. Pensar que venía desganado y decidí volver a Buenos Aires a fines de abril porque no conseguía resultados. Hoy puedo decir que esos duros días de entrenamiento sirvieron para darme confianza y lograr la mejor victoria de mi carrera”, contaba, sin levantar la voz, sin euforias, con suma tranquilidad.

Nunca antes había disfrutado algo así. Si bien llevaba en sus alforjas dos títulos en el circuito (Sopot 2002 y Bucarest 2004), Acasuso cargaba con la cuenta pendiente de conseguir una explosión de este tipo. Ante más de 10.000 personas que conocían al Bombardero de Nebraska y poco sabían del misionero que machacó durante toda la tarde con el revés paralelo y los passings cruzados. Para construir una victoria épica, para sacar toda la fuerza que tenía dentro y para demostrarse de una vez que es capaz de estabilizarse y tener un rendimiento contundente. Y lograr su segunda victoria en cinco sets sobre tres partidos que disputó en toda su carrera con esa cantidad de parciales. Para dar vuelta, al igual que en la primera rueda de Australia 2002 un partido en el que lo tenía en desventaja por 0-2.

Acasuso, el más silencioso de la Legión, 60° en la Carrera y 69° en el Ranking del Acceso, fue el mismo que sorprendió en el ATP de Buenos Aires, en 2001, al convertirse en finalista tras superar la etapa clasificatoria. En esos tiempos de pelo largo, tipo rasta, el hoy pupilo de Daniel Orsanic, cayó ante Gustavo Kuerten, por entonces N° 1 del mundo.

Hincha fanático de Racing, el futuro rival del italiano Filippo Volandri tomó por primera vez una raqueta a los dos años, en Iporá, en el club que Juan Rubén, su abuelo y primer profesor, tenía en Posadas. Abrazó el deporte como pocos y un poco más grande se inclinó por el básquetbol hasta los 12 años, cuando el tenis se convirtió en su deporte para siempre.

Fue campeón sudamericano juvenil en 1996 y también recibió premios por su gran conducta deportiva, esa que provocó que el propio Roddick –que una vez más mostró sus cualidades de caballero– lo fuera a buscar del otro lado de la red para felicitarlo por el gran trabajo que había realizado. Mientras el noble Chucho se acordaba de su entrenador, su preparador físico, su psicólogo y su familia. Su gente, la que lo apoyó siempre. Los que aparecieron como en un flash después de ese drive que selló la victoria y dio vida a esa postal que grabará para siempre. Y que ocurrió nada menos que en Roland Garros. Justo sobre la tierra roja que Acasuso tanto caminó y conoce como pocos.

El prestigio de Ginóbili
La admiración por el jugador de basquetbol argentino Emanuel Ginóbili llegó hasta Roland Garros gracias a su colega francés Boris Diaw, de Atlanta Hawks, que, de paso en el Bois de Boulogne, dijo: "Manu es increíble, talentoso y luchador. No hay muchos como él, por eso es uno de mis preferidos".

Por Alfredo Bernardi
Enviado especial

bad gambler
05-28-2005, 02:30 AM
hmmm, ok well ill make a fool of myself here, my spanish is a little rusty but paraphrasing basically it says the following:

Yesterday Acasuso achieved on of his most important victories in his career and reached the third round of the French Open for the first time in his career by beating world number 3 Andy Roddick 3-6 4-6 6-4 6-3 8-6 in 3 hours and 21 minutes. This was a moment that someone can dream of in his career. This was something that Jose Acasuso must have felt as he lay on the red clay and faced skyward on the Suzanne Lenglen court. After 3 hours and 21 min the 22 year old let the world know he had completed one of his best victories in his career.

It goes on to say that Roddick was frustrated towards the end of the match and that Acauso is in a line of many young Argentinan players behind Nalbandian and Coria.

But of course I would appreciate it as well if someone could translate fully as well :)

bad gambler
05-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Today Chucho comes up Volandri, who obviously will be his stiffest opposition so far.

H2h chucho leads 2-1 with both victories coming last year but it is fair to say that Pipo has improved significantly since last year.

good luck chucho, he can definitely do it :rocker2:

DanEd
05-28-2005, 03:38 AM
This is a translation but i do not know if right. sorry my english is not so good
the little i know i learn by myself.

The explosion
The misionero José Acasuso that knows as nobody the red clay in the atp, achieved yesterday one of the most important victories in his career and reached the third round for the first time in the Open of France, second Grand Slam of the year:He Defetead the North American Andy Roddick, N° 3 of the world, for 3-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 and 8-6, in 3 hours and 21 minutes

PARIS.–there are postcards that are projected, but that they take a lot in being summed up. They are those instants of glory that one dreams and that sometimes in an entire career they cannot be consummated. Something of that felt José Acasuso, in that while in the one that layed down on the clay of the court Suzanne Lenglen, face to the sky. After 3h21, the misionero, 22 years old, that knows the red clay as nobody in the world of the tennis, had consummated the best victory in his career. Andy Roddick, the powerful American server suffered a new frustration at the time that chucho, the one of walking weary and the drowsy stride that grew behind Guillermo Coria and David Nalbandian in his junior times got the pleasure of being the star of the Parisian afternoon.

The Argentinean ended up two sets being down 4-4 and break-point and, later on, in disadvantage for 1-3 in the fifth set. Roddick, the former N° 1 of the world, the champion of the US Open 2003, the current N° 5 of the Champions Race, 3° in the Entry Ranking and second seed in the French Open, he was near the victory. It was almost a fact, if the American usually forgives never. But he didn't know, amid the sticky heat and the humidity that it faces he had somebody that knows how to play as few with that weather. And this way, Acasuso gave turn the history and with a 3-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 and 8-6 achieved his best performance in Grand Slam's tournament, because for the first time he will have the opportunity to fight for a place in the eighth of final in a test of these characteristics that said it is in passing, after four days no longer bill with players from the United States, Australia and Great Britain, the countries that organize the other three more important tournaments of the ATP tour.

“I feel tired, but happy. When I was able to break him in the third Set, I realized that to win him was not impossible. Then, when I recovered the break in the fifth set I knew that the victory was close. To think that he came without appetite and I decided to return to Buenos Aires at the end of April because it didn't get results. Today I can say that those hard days of training they were good to give me trust and to achieve the best victory in my career”, He counted, without lifting the voice, without euphorias, with supreme tranquility.

He had never before enjoyed something like that. Although it took in their saddlebags two titles in the Atp (Sopot 2002 and Bucarest 2004), Acasuso loaded with the pending bill of getting an explosion of this type. Before more than 10.000 people that knew the Bombardier from Nebraska and little knew about the misionero who mashed during the whole afternoon with the dtl backhand and the crosscourt passing shots. To build an epic victory, to take out all the force that he had inside and to be demonstrated once and for all that it is able to be stabilized and to have an overwhelming yield. And to achieve their second victory in five sets in three matches that he disputed in all their career with that quantity of sets. To give turn, the same as in the first round of Australia 2002 a match in which had it in disadvantage for 0-2.

Acasuso, the most silent in the Legion, 60° in the Champion Race and 69° in the Entry Ranking was the same one that surprised in the ATP of Buenos Aires, in 2001, when becoming finalist after overcoming the qualy. In those times of long hair, type rasta ?, the today pupil of Daniel Orsanic,lost to Gustavo Kuerten, for then N° 1 of the world.

fan of Racing Club (a football/soccer team), the future rival of the Italian Filippo Volandri took a racket for the first time at two years old, in Iporá, in the club that Juan Rubén, his grandfather and first professor, had in Inns. He hugged the sport like few and a little bigger he resolved for the basketball until the 12 years, when the tennis became his sport forever.

He was a junior South American champion in 1996 and he also received prizes for their great sport behavior - sportsmanship, that that caused that the own Roddick – that once again showed his gentleman qualities– will look for it of the other side of the net to congratulate him for the great work that he had carried out. While the noble Noble Chucho remembered his trainer, his physical coach, his psychologist and his family. his people, the one that always supported him. Those that appeared like in a flash after that forehand winner that sealed the victory and he gave life to that postcard that will record forever. And that it happened anything less than in Roland Garros. Fair on the red clay that Acasuso so much walked and he knows as few.

Action Jackson
05-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Chucho is in the 4th round and will play the winner of Puerta and Wawrinka.

Too bad that Volandri defaulted at 3-0 in the 1st set, at least it gives Acasuso a bit more time and he can be ready for his next match.

DanEd
05-31-2005, 01:33 AM
Chucho lost to Puerta but anyway a good run for him.

he will play in the ordina open in two weeks.

DanEd
06-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Acasuso se tiene fe para Wimbledon

Ayer, José Acasuso viajó rumbo a Londres, en donde a partir del próximo lunes, participará en Wimbledon (20.000.000 de dólares en premios), el tercer Grand Slam de la temporada. “Quiero seguir mejorando mi juego”, dijo el vencedor de Andy Roddick.

(1'49")

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

A los 22 años de edad, el misionero José Acasuso viene de cumplir su mejor actuación en Roland Garros, tras haber alcanzado los octavos de final en donde cayó con Mariano Puerta, finalista del Abierto Francés, después de eliminar al estadounidense Andy Roddick, tercer jugador del mundo.

Chucho (47° en el ranking mundial) afrontará su debut en Londres ante el checo Tomas Zib (61°). “Lo que sucedió en París fue muy bueno para mí, porque significó la primera vez que llego a la segunda semana de un Grand Slam. Además, me sirvió para darme cuenta que puedo jugar partidos largos y levantarlos, aún con jugadores que tienen un ranking mucho mejor que el mío, como sucedió ante Roddick”, dijo.

Acasuso también se dio un tiempo para el balance sobre los sucedido en el primer semestre del año y se mostró conforme con su rendimiento. “En líneas generales, fue bueno. Llegué hasta los cuartos en Viña del Mar y las semifinales en Buenos Aires y Saint Polten. Además, le gané a Safin, en Barcelona. Aunque tenía planeado jugar en Roma y Hamburgo, decidí volver a la Argentina, durante dos semanas, para entrenarme mejor. Y regresé al circuito en Saint Polten con un mejor nivel de juego”.

“Después de Wimbledon, jugaré lo que resta de la temporada en canchas lentas e iré hasta Sopot para defender la final del año pasado y Bucarest en donde gané el torneo, en 2004. En la segunda parte del año quiero seguir mejorando mi juego, conseguir un poco más de regularidad y jugar sin lesiones, porque hace tiempo que no puedo hacerlo durante un año entero”, sentenció.

A poco menos de un mes de que la Argentina juegue su pasaje a las semifinales de la Copa Davis, ante Australia, el misionero no olvidó su ilusión de jugar. Y le dio pie a su sueño. “En la Davis todo puede cambiar de un día para el otro. O sea, si uno gana un torneo de los grandes o se mantiene en buen nivel, durante un par de semanas, puede estar en el equipo. Aparte, la realidad dice que el circuito está muy difícil y hay muchos contratiempos. Entonces, hay jugadores que se pueden lesionar cuando hay una serie y se puede generar un hueco. De todas formas, no me desespero, porque sé que tengo tiempo para jugarla. Hoy hay un muy buen equipo, con muchos jugadores y soy consciente que hay varios que están delante de mí. En Roland Garros hablé con Mancini, como lo hicieron los demás jugadores. Y eso es muy bueno, porque te hace sentir parte del equipo, aunque uno no juegue”, afirmó.

DanEd
07-03-2005, 03:46 AM
Jose will play Nicolas Almagro in bastaad first round
Head To Head
Acasuso leads 2-0
2005 St. Poelten, Clay, R16
Austria Clay R16 Acasuso 6 4 6 4
2005 Buenos Aires, Clay, Q
Argentina Clay Q Acasuso 6 3 6 4

so if he plays well then he has a very good chance to win :D

Action Jackson
07-03-2005, 06:10 AM
This is the section of the draw for him in Båstad, good to see him there.

(8) ACASUSO Jose ARG v ALMAGRO Nicolas ESP
BERDYCH Tomas CZE v KIM Kevin USA
SLUITER Raemon NED v ZABALETA Mariano ARG
CALATRAVA Alex ESP v (4) MOYA Carlos ESP

That is not a bad section and has a good chance to make the quarter finals.

Action Jackson
08-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Chucho had a match against Vanek, but got through and now plays the Polish Super Stud Chadaj in what will be a tough match.

bad gambler
08-03-2005, 02:29 PM
good luck to chucho against chadaj :yeah:

joeb_uk
08-03-2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.ideaprokomopen.pl/en/galeria/galeria.php?pozycja=2&rok=05

Some nice photos of chuco :D playing chess

DanEd
08-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Jose with his coach Daniel Orsanic :eek: won in doubles today :worship:
6-3 6-4

Jose is good doubles player :yeah: He won a title with Sebastian Prieto two weeks ago :)

Action Jackson
08-04-2005, 06:02 AM
Dangerous Daniel Orsanic playing doubles how cool is that and that they won is even better.

The big match against Chadaj today and if he wins he'd play the winner out of Moya and Starace. Time for Chucho to win Sopot again.

Nathaliia
08-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Haaaaa!!!!! Orsaaaa!!!!!!! But today Chucho was playing so crappy this doubles match... that Orsa told him: "Whatever I manage to serve on the second side of the net you have to fuck up". I wish you could see Daniel's service. Once he hit his own head with his 1st serve. He practised it during the breaks of the games. He's definitely the nicest person participating in this tournament. And I loved when he was debating about going out in the evening with chair umpire Manu Messina (actually sitting on his chair) on Acasuso's match. Then Chucho started losing (we thought because he doesn't like being locked in the hotel room while Orsa goes out to the disco with us and dances until... the dawn) but he finally won. Chucho also got a warining from Manu because Vanek said it's scandalous to not to give him one through the whole match. Jose threw his racquet time after time (once I said: "Replay!", he threw it once again and then I said "thanks"), broke one, ohh simply behaved like a child in the sand! Today against Chadaj he didn't show anything special. I'll be cheering him like crazy in his next match, he's my favourite since I don't like my ex-friend and ex-starlet Juan Mónaco (who lost to cheri Monfils anyway) after what he did with 2 girls (at once) and a drink at the disco straight on my eyes (maybe even it was on purpose, I don't know and I am not curious).

Chucho doesn't go to the disco. That's why we think he can really win here.... however Coria is looking smooth on court, I hope cheri Gael can play his best again (please Gael.... don't lose vs Hanescu !!!!!!!!!!) and Jarkko Nieminen won't lose too fast especially after I cheered for him with his coaches today.

That's why we all love Sopot tournament but I hate it so much this time :( Everything goes just not this way it should... :(

Action Jackson
08-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Here are some photos when Chucho won in Sopot 02.

Effka
08-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Chucho used to be on my black list before coming to Sopot. When he beat Roddick at RG I promised I’d throw some tomatoes on him when he arrives to Sopot. But from the moment I saw him, I started to support him. I spied him throughout the whole tournament, I don't think I missed even one training session. I really hoped that he could win in Sopot since he has a great potential. Sadly, I don't think he'll ever develop it, since he seems so lazy and acts like a 5 yo. baby at times. I still cannot forget that he ran away from me when I wanted to take a photo with him (remember: don't try to take a photo with a player who's just lost against Starace in qf), but I forgive him. I hope one day he'll achieve the results he's predisposed to.

DanEd
08-17-2005, 03:49 AM
jose when his first match since roland garros :o :worship:
6-3 6-2 against Younes ElAyanaoui

bad gambler
08-17-2005, 03:50 AM
about time chucho :lol:

good win against a guy who showed some form last week in montreal :)

Effka
08-17-2005, 10:22 AM
jose when his first match since roland garros :o :worship:
6-3 6-2 against Younes ElAyanaoui

He was in qf in Sopot two weeks ago! :) I know, I've been there! :devil:

He played quite solid match against Younes, good for him, if he had not, then i would've thought that he's really :cuckoo: by not taking his chances against that kind of players. Robredo's up next. And i think the second round is Jose's last :sad:

Action Jackson
08-17-2005, 08:30 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:

He beat Boredo 7-6 6-2, he tried hard to lose the 1st set, by blowing 6 set points, but he came through in the end and has a very good chance against Horna in the next round. I doubt whether there will be many photos around, hopefully yes.

Bratzo
08-17-2005, 09:18 PM
excelent...so it's gonna be another southamerican match!! may the best win but also i hope that they both make a great match!

Effka
08-17-2005, 09:26 PM
praise the lord :bowdown:

Honestly, I didn’t think he'd make it, but I was just blown away seeing him going through this match quite comfortably. And my scoreboard died just before the tie break so i was like :confused: . It takes some guts to be Chucho's fan :devil:

He does have a great chance against Horna. He played him 7 times and won 5.
5 times on clay but still counts :p Kick some ass you loco hombre!

PS. What a great revenge for Gaudio it was to me :)

alexito
08-17-2005, 10:12 PM
yes chuchooooooooo
congratulations

oneandonlyhsn
08-17-2005, 10:15 PM
I didnt know there was a Chucho forum :wavey:, vamos Chucho vamos

I'm wondering if I should make room for Chucho in my siggy, I dont want to jinx him

DanEd
08-18-2005, 02:45 AM
make it please, chucho needs u ;) :wavey:
I didnt know there was a Chucho forum :wavey:, vamos Chucho vamos

I'm wondering if I should make room for Chucho in my siggy, I dont want to jinx him

oneandonlyhsn
08-18-2005, 08:19 AM
make it please, chucho needs u ;) :wavey:

Okay consider it done :hug: I dont get to see any Chucho matches in Cincy :sad:

Action Jackson
08-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Okay consider it done :hug:

Don't put a cross through him when he loses, if you feel like that about a player then you're not a true fan or remove them from the signature.

oneandonlyhsn
08-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Don't put a cross through him when he loses, if you feel like that about a player then you're not a true fan or remove them from the signature.

I'm just mad, I never get rid of them from my siggy though. Maybe I should consider a smash instead.

Edited my siggy just for you GeorgeWHitler, no more crossing them out

Action Jackson
08-18-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm just mad, I never get rid of them from my siggy though. Maybe I should consider a smash instead.

Edited my siggy just for you GeorgeWHitler, no more crossing them out

If you want to follow winners just stick to Federer and Nadal, it's easier that way. If you look at the Chucho fans around, they accept him for what he is and what he isn't and that's why the whole thing irritated me.

oneandonlyhsn
08-18-2005, 08:33 AM
If you want to follow winners just stick to Federer and Nadal, it's easier that way. If you look at the Chucho fans around, they accept him for what he is and what he isn't and that's why the whole thing irritated me.

Its not about winners, I dont care whether they win or lose as long as they try. Gaudio :smash: I swear at times I think his mind has left his body and I know he can do so much better, but I love him, I love him so much I dont care whether he never wins anything again. I do but just seeing him makes it all better. The same can be said for Chucho I saw him play Fed in 2003 at the US Open and I've liked him ever since, dont get much coverage of him though

Action Jackson
08-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Its not about winners, I dont care whether they win or lose as long as they try. Gaudio :smash: I swear at times I think his mind has left his body and I know he can do so much better, but I love him, I love him so much I dont care whether he never wins anything again. I do but just seeing him makes it all better. The same can be said for Chucho I saw him play Fed in 2003 at the US Open and I've liked him ever since, dont get much coverage of him though

It's the same with Gaudio deal with it and that smash over the head icon isn't going to improve anything. If Chucho was like Hewitt or Gaudio like Muster then they'd be totally different people, but they are not. Some people can do better, but even that's not good enough, you haven't suffered long enough to be a Gaudio fan and yes it's just another episode and Acasuso is the same, he can play brilliantly or be awful.

bad gambler
08-18-2005, 09:29 AM
great result for the big man :woohoo:

consecutive wins on HC, that's a great achievement for chucho :worship:

Action Jackson
08-18-2005, 09:31 AM
great result for the big man :woohoo:

consecutive wins on HC, that's a great achievement for chucho :worship:

I have some news that Chucho will be the night match on Court 1.

Hopefully they will show some of it tomorrow morning.

bad gambler
08-18-2005, 09:34 AM
I have some news that Chucho will be the night match on Court 1.

Hopefully they will show some of it tomorrow morning.

night match in US?? :eek:

more exposure the better, let the public get a glimpse of the guy who is on his way to tennis domination ;)

bad gambler
08-18-2005, 09:36 AM
you should have seen the "crowd" on the outside court for the clement match in montreal, it was pathetic, i could count the number in one hand :rolleyes:

but then again most people I came across in Montreal hadn't heard of nadal let alone acasuso

Action Jackson
08-18-2005, 09:38 AM
night match in US?? :eek:

more exposure the better, let the public get a glimpse of the guy who is on his way to tennis domination ;)

I thought it would be on Court 30 somewhere in the swamp, but it's a night match.

It'll be hard for me as I like them both for different reasons, but at least someone I like will make the quarters.

As for Chucho domination, well I am not sure how the Chucho charm will radiate among the US public.

Action Jackson
08-18-2005, 09:40 AM
you should have seen the "crowd" on the outside court for the clement match in montreal, it was pathetic, i could count the number in one hand :rolleyes:

but then again most people I came across in Montreal hadn't heard of nadal let alone acasuso

Acasuso did manage of the greatest chokes in Montreal history. He was playing Quebecois Simon Larose and managed to throw away a match that he had no business of throwing away.

I saw Chucho's match against Gonzo at the AO this year and there was plenty of atmosphere. Then again a Chilean vs Argentinian should have that.

bad gambler
08-18-2005, 09:41 AM

so true - it's very easy being a tennis fan when you have guys like federer and nadal as your favourites

the real test is when these guys have form slumps in the future, which inevitably will happen, I wonder how many of the fans will still be on the bandwagon then?

DanEd
08-18-2005, 01:15 PM
I will support chucho forever :yeah: :wavey: :)
i am a fan of his since 2001 when he played the buenos aires final :D
so true - it's very easy being a tennis fan when you have guys like federer and nadal as your favourites

the real test is when these guys have form slumps in the future, which inevitably will happen, I wonder how many of the fans will still be on the bandwagon then?

Action Jackson
08-18-2005, 01:19 PM

I know what it's like and I mentioned it earlier in my frustration thread on GM. That's the thing it takes more to follow and stick with a guy when he is down, yes the bad losses as well are just as important as the wins. Well the 2004 RG winner is an example of the above statement.

Effka
08-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Chucho beat Lucho 7-6 (5) 7-5 and will play his first ever TMS qf. And that's on ..... *big eyes*.... hcourt! It's not like he totally sucks on hc but who would've thought!!!

He almost choked in the breaker, he was up 6-2 and had two services. But all's good that ends up good.

:woohoo: :rocker: :banana: :smoke: :bowdown:

yes, it really feels THIS great :cool:

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 05:55 AM
this room has breathed some life over the last few days :lol:

Action Jackson
08-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Chucho was breathing fire with that serving, especially that backhand down the line return of an excellent Horna serve that landed in the corner. I don't think Fed will underestimate him this time.

bad gambler
08-19-2005, 12:45 PM
yeah that bh at such a time was first class :cool:

if he serves well, he can hopefully trouble federer

Bratzo
08-19-2005, 04:08 PM
well it's jsut my opinion...but i think it was an ugly match...and horna as usual screaming and throwing his racket....wel is cool to have chucho on the quarters, but i really spected a match more fun to watch :) CONGRATULATIONS CHUCHO!

Eugenia
08-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Well done Chucho!!! I watched the second set of the match and his serve was just awesome! I'm really happy for him and congratulations Chucho for your very first QF in a Masters Series Tournament and your first 3 wins in a row in hardcourts! :banana:
Here is a pic of him when he was playing against Lucho Horna. :)

Effka
08-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Guys, just remember to support our man today! He really needs us :unsure:

Vamos Chucho, just do it :devil:

*Ljubica*
08-19-2005, 05:21 PM
They didn't show the match with Horna on TV here in England, - but just wanted to say congrats to Chucho for reaching the quarter finals - and good luck tonight.

oneandonlyhsn
08-19-2005, 05:23 PM
What a horrible match this is for me, Chucho vs Fed :crying2:

DanEd
08-19-2005, 09:50 PM
chucho lost 6-4 6-3 against fed no so bad.
he had a better score than hewitt :lol: at least he was not bageled.

Effka
08-19-2005, 10:39 PM
It wasn't that bad, was it? ;)

Kinda pity that he didn't break Fed to be up 5-3 in the first set, then it could've gone ANY way. Fed wasn’t at his best today, to beat him, you have to convert that kind of chances. Chucho was a lazy ass in the second after he got broken.
But he showed two top class bh down the line :eek: .
I'm glad i finally saw his match because i've kinda missed him since Sopot. And Orsa too :p

Either way, great tournament for Jose. :bigclap:

Action Jackson
08-20-2005, 08:06 AM
It wasn't a great match and Chucho played some very good tennis from 0-3 down to get back it to 4-5, then he couldn't do it from there. He seemed to me to have the I can't beat Roger feeling and tried not to lose badly, he had some good shots, but he wasn't serving as well as he can and got punished because of it.

Good week Chucho and back into the top 50 with that performance.

Action Jackson
08-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Some pics from his match against Federer.

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-08-19T213055Z_01_CIN11D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-08-19T212918Z_01_CIN010D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg

tommytennis84
08-20-2005, 08:52 AM
yesssss there ARE chucho fans out there. :D none of my friends around here even know who he is. but then again i do live in kansas.

thanks for the pics. they decided not to air the chucho-federer match here. :(

i need to get some of his matches on dvd

and remember everyone next time youre playing, wear blue socks :D

bad gambler
08-20-2005, 08:53 AM
and remember everyone next time youre playing, wear blue socks :D

:lol:

only chucho can look like a clown on court ;)

Action Jackson
08-20-2005, 08:57 AM
:lol:

only chucho can look like a clown on court ;)

Chucho likes Gaudio and that's not a bad thing. :)

tommytennis84
08-20-2005, 08:59 AM
haha i'm man enough to admit that i wore them when i played yesterday

sigmagirl91
08-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Some pics from his match against Federer.

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-08-19T213055Z_01_CIN11D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-08-19T212918Z_01_CIN010D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg

The blue socks are a no-no in professional sport and anywhere else. :o

Effka
08-20-2005, 02:50 PM
I love his socks. They're god damned hilarious. You should see him wearing them and a matching blue headband haha :cool:

tommytennis84
08-20-2005, 07:36 PM
yesss blue socks

my first attempt to attach a photo happens to be of me wearing my blue socks just before starting my match the other day haha

let me know if it works out

oneandonlyhsn
08-21-2005, 07:55 PM
yesss blue socks

my first attempt to attach a photo happens to be of me wearing my blue socks just before starting my match the other day haha

let me know if it works out

So cute, I love blue socks makes Gaudio stand out

Nathaliia
08-22-2005, 10:56 PM
congratulations to Chucho for his quaterfinal. Effka and I are the true fans, we often get angry with players but never leave them in need. Good luck in some next tournaments... I have no doubt Chucho is a very talented player since I saw him on TV in Sopot final in 2002. Plus he has a nice coach, doesn't he? :) I hope one day he can repeat Gaudio's way. Geez, would be fantastic. By the time that guy is invited to Szczecin challenger.

Nathaliia
08-22-2005, 10:59 PM
I love his socks. They're god damned hilarious. You should see him wearing them and a matching blue headband haha :cool:he doesn't change his socks moving from singles match to doubles match on the second court. they are still blue and clay-dirty!

DanEd
08-23-2005, 12:50 AM
I am a true fan too :(
congratulations to Chucho for his quaterfinal. Effka and I are the true fans, we often get angry with players but never leave them in need. Good luck in some next tournaments... I have no doubt Chucho is a very talented player since I saw him on TV in Sopot final in 2002. Plus he has a nice coach, doesn't he? :) I hope one day he can repeat Gaudio's way. Geez, would be fantastic. By the time that guy is invited to Szczecin challenger.

Action Jackson
08-23-2005, 05:18 AM
I am a true fan too :(

Now you know why I said what I said beforehand and as for yourself, I know where you stand on this.

Nathaliia
08-23-2005, 08:15 AM
I am a true fan too :(i didn't say YOU are not. i only said MY FRIEND and I are. :) just read the discussion is about it

anyway it takes lots of nerves to support him. i've got a feeling even his coach has some problems with it at times lol :angel: anyway i have this bad habit to cheer for low-ranked players, somehow i don't like almost anyone from the top, they all drive me mad (oh i like Nalbandian for his game.. and Gaudio.. loved to call him "a loser" but i had to stop hahaha and Puerta - he's a background guy in the top10. plus i like Safin and respect Federer, never been a fan of Nadal for few reasons) kindest greetings

Action Jackson
08-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Chucho is ranked # 43 now and has a good chance to finish the year within the top 50 and that is something he can achieve and be proud of. As for the US Open whatever happens happens and at least there are Palermo and Bucharest where he can get some good performances on his best surface.

Action Jackson
08-23-2005, 08:26 AM
of course he has many fans. look at these two ones:

:scared:

http://joseacasuso.homestead.com/frtennis2002.html

Well it could be distracting for some people to have these types of fans, but we know Chucho is cool.

Nathaliia
08-23-2005, 08:52 AM
he defends points in Bucharest. But lost in 2nd round in Palermo and 1st round in Szczecin at this claycourt period. Let's see. i suppose he can reach his career high the next year... hopefully this year somehow :)

Effka
08-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Oh damn it, Chucho plays Lucho in the 1st round of US Open, and then (maybe) Hewitt.
Jose, at least make it to the 2nd round, give your best there, and immediately catch a plane to Szczecin :)

Nathaliia
08-24-2005, 09:23 PM
should win against Lucho but Hewitt? bad, bad draw.

lol and what's this?
http://nathaliia.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album02&id=f21

Action Jackson
08-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Wow we have another version of the Chucho and Lucho show and then the winner plays Hewitt, well it's not like that Hewitt has been in great form, but these guys would have to lift their games to take him out.

He can only do his best.

kataanna
08-25-2005, 10:30 AM
I hope Chucho will beat Lucho at the US Open... Though I like both of them, I seem to like Chucho more, for a couple of reasons... I'm afraid he has no chances against Hewitt, but I'm a hopeless dreamer, so I still believe (oh stupid me!). Anyways, maybe it's gonna be the time of his life ;)

Effka
08-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Chucho beating Hewitt's ass... that'd be the best us open ever :devil:
But I'm still doubtful even about his match against Horna, it will all depend whether Jose is in the mood for playing or not :cool:

Nathaliia
08-25-2005, 11:31 AM
The last US Open wasn't good for Latin guys as far as I remember, maybe it's time to change it? I remember I watched Chucho's match against Federer at US Open few years ago. Jose took the first set, but got an injury. Anyway, his results are still improving, especially on hardcourts, what gives the ray of hope.

Bratzo
08-27-2005, 04:25 PM
should win against Lucho but Hewitt? bad, bad draw.

lol and what's this?
http://nathaliia.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album02&id=f21
nathaliia....i'm hurt.... :sad:

:devil:

i really think it will be a tough match for both of them...honnestly don't know who will win....but i'm more scared about hewitt hehe

Nathaliia
08-27-2005, 06:26 PM
nathaliia....i'm hurt.... :sad:

don't cry mate... it's not my fault i'm a die-hard Chuchoholic :worship:

just tell Lucho to finally come to Poland cause i have a strange feeling since Szczecin 2003 he keeps on avoiding us and that's not fair. they gave him such a big birthday cake then :sad:

DanEd
08-28-2005, 02:52 AM
here u have a new english-spanish acasuso forum http://elforo.de/chuchoacasuso :wavey:

Bratzo
08-28-2005, 06:19 AM
don't cry mate... it's not my fault i'm a die-hard Chuchoholic :worship:

just tell Lucho to finally come to Poland cause i have a strange feeling since Szczecin 2003 he keeps on avoiding us and that's not fair. they gave him such a big birthday cake then :sad:
ok i forgive you....but it better be the last time eh!!!! =P

i didn't know about that....mmmi'll tell him when i get the chance ;) don't worry

Action Jackson
08-28-2005, 06:21 AM
here u have a new english-spanish acasuso forum http://elforo.de/chuchoacasuso :wavey:

Thanks for that señor Dan and I will check it out for sure.

Effka
08-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Thank God! It must've been one hell of a tie break. Well done to both players. Hopefully Chucho will beat some crap out of Hewitt !

Nathaliia
08-31-2005, 08:50 PM
well done, Chucho :) pity they didn't show more of his match on Eurosport

*Ljubica*
08-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Thank God! It must've been one hell of a tie break. Well done to both players. Hopefully Chucho will beat some crap out of Hewitt !

It was a great match - even though I admit I was switching between this one and Agustin Calleri/Ferrer on the other court. Congrats Jose - now go and beat Hewitt :devil:

Fergie
09-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Well done Chucho! :bounce:

bad gambler
09-01-2005, 03:34 AM
nice one chucho :bounce:

i'm hoping for a cracking match now between two of my favs :)

Action Jackson
09-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Good win Chucho and better serve up a storm against Hewitt to have a chance of doing well here.

oneandonlyhsn
09-02-2005, 08:49 AM
The last US Open wasn't good for Latin guys as far as I remember, maybe it's time to change it? I remember I watched Chucho's match against Federer at US Open few years ago. Jose took the first set, but got an injury. Anyway, his results are still improving, especially on hardcourts, what gives the ray of hope.

That was the 1st match I saw of Chucho :woohoo:

Good luck against Hewitt tomorrow, def. the most exciting match of the day

~EMiLiTA~
09-02-2005, 01:05 PM
vamos chucho contra hewitt!!!! dale!!! :bounce:

Action Jackson
09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
He is 2nd match on the Armstrong court against Hewitt.

Vamos Chucho, serve bloody well and just do yout best. Hopefully he can play this match in good manner, but he wouldn't think of hitting heavy shots to Hewitt's backhand side making them jump.

*Ljubica*
09-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Good Luck tonight Chucho! I hope I can celebrate a win in this match just like I did for the famous one at Roland Garros this year ;)

Effka
09-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Vamos Chucho.
We believe!!!

*Ljubica*
09-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Well he lost :sad: .....but what a great match he played. He matched Hewitt all the way in the first 2 sets - this loss was no disgrace - Chucho should be very proud of himself.

sophia_c
09-02-2005, 09:32 PM
He did so well...am not so sure about the blue socks...but thats a minor thing....he has some amazing shots....I hope to see him being given a chance for the DC....

Effka
09-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Well i think that Chucho's loss to Hewitt after match that included two tie breaks is almost like winning ;) It's a real pity that he had such tough draw because it seems that he's been on a roll for the past few weeks. I only saw couple of rallies, but those Chucho's backhands made me go whoo-hooo :)
That'd be great if he played DC but it would be even better if he played in Szczecin challenger. Zabaleta and Chela are playing there, i hope to see Chucho there as well. Wishful thinking :)

Action Jackson
09-03-2005, 06:29 AM
Unlike some people I don't give a monkeys about his blue socks or not. He did quite well here on this surface, it would have been good if he could have taken 1 of the breakers, but this was a good result for Chucho and not disgraced at all.

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-09-02T222610Z_01_TEN51D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS-OPEN.jpg
http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-09-02T222715Z_01_TEN56D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS-OPEN.jpg

Nathaliia
09-03-2005, 08:03 PM
don't worry Chucho, bring on the clay :)

yeah, some backhands were yummy :)

ae wowww
09-03-2005, 08:45 PM
'Sorry' to be the bearer, and you probably all know anyway:

But: Goldstein/Thomas d Acasuso/Prieto 60 63

;) Ciao!

Effka
09-03-2005, 09:21 PM
^ I saw in person Chucho playing doubles before, and believe me, this score isn't that surprising :)

And yes, bring on the clay :D

Nathaliia
09-03-2005, 09:59 PM
haha was Prieto serving like Orsa in their first match? Or was Prieto longing for his warm bed already? Or was it Chucho walking around with his head down, smiling after 3 metres missed shots or sometimes feeling too bored to smile even? :) It's difficult to not to like him.

*Ljubica*
09-04-2005, 11:25 AM
don't worry Chucho, bring on the clay :)

yeah, some backhands were yummy :)

I honestly think Chucho could do really well on the hard courts if he only believed in himself a bit more. He has a brilliant serve - and I'm sure if he practised a lot more on hard courts and played more hard court tourneys like Coria and Nalbandian have recently - he could be just as successul as them - if not more so ;) Much as I love clay court tennis (see my signature!) - it's hard just to be a "clay court specialist" and make it as a successful Top 10 player :sad: Chucho is young and I'm sure he wants to the BEST he can be - so get out there on the hard courts Chucho :devil:

Nathaliia
09-04-2005, 03:42 PM
I honestly think Chucho could do really well on the hard courts if he only believed in himself a bit more. He has a brilliant serve - and I'm sure if he practised a lot more on hard courts and played more hard court tourneys like Coria and Nalbandian have recently - he could be just as successul as them - if not more so ;) Much as I love clay court tennis (see my signature!) - it's hard just to be a "clay court specialist" and make it as a successful Top 10 player :sad: Chucho is young and I'm sure he wants to the BEST he can be - so get out there on the hard courts Chucho :devil:
Remember that anything can't come too easy for Chucho because it would just bore him. He has already improved so much on hardcourts this year. Just compare his achievements. I believe he's on his best way to get some good results in next year and so.

*Ljubica*
09-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Remember that anything can't come too easy for Chucho because it would just bore him. He has already improved so much on hardcourts this year. Just compare his achievements. I believe he's on his best way to get some good results in next year and so.

Hope so :)

*Ljubica*
09-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Here is the draw for the Romanian Open that starts on Monday 12th. Such a shame that Jose has to play another Argentine in the 1st round :sad: Should be a good match though..........

1WC) PUERTA, Mariano ARG v TIPSAREVIC, Janko SCG
HORNA, Luis PER v GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
WASKE, Alexander GER v ANDREEV, Igor RUS
MONTANES, Albert ESP v (5) MONFILS, Gael FRA

(4) HANESCU, Victor ROM v STARACE, Potito ITA
SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA v SABAU, Razvan ROM
ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP v Qualifier
CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG v (6) ACASUSO, Jose ARG

(8) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP v ZABALETA, Mariano ARG
MAYER, Florian GER v HERNANDEZ, Oscar ESP
Qualifier v Qualifier
MARTIN, Alberto ESP v (3WC) PAVEL, Andrei ROM

(7) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA v SANCHEZ, David ESP
Qualifier v ROCHUS, Christophe BEL
SERRA, Florent FRA v (WC) CRIVOI, Victor ROM
BEHREND, Tomas GER v (2) VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA

Nathaliia
09-10-2005, 02:57 PM
vamos Chucho :p

Effka
09-10-2005, 07:25 PM
The draw is just horrible. He'll have to beat a lot of his team mates en route to the trophy :P VAMOS CHUCHO! YAY FOR CLAY!

*Ljubica*
09-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Tomorrow's Order of Play:-

Central Court
Matches Start At:
12:00 NOON

Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA) vs David SANCHEZ (ESP)

NOT BEFORE 1:45 PM
Oliver MARACH (AUT) vs Victor IONITA (ROM)

followed by
Juan Ignacio CHELA (ARG) vs Jose ACASUSO (ARG)

NOT BEFORE 6:00 PM
Florent SERRA (FRA) vs Victor CRIVOI (ROM)

NOT BEFORE 8:00 PM
Davide SANGUINETTI (ITA) vs Razvan SABAU (ROM)

Action Jackson
09-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Good luck to Chucho, though he and Chubby Chela haven't played against each other for sometime, maybe Bucharest can bring him back some happy memories and he can produce a good result here.

*Ljubica*
09-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Good luck to Chucho, though he and Chubby Chela haven't played against each other for sometime, maybe Bucharest can bring him back some happy memories and he can produce a good result here.

"Chubby Chela".......... :p

Nathaliia
09-12-2005, 02:37 PM
congrats Chucho, keep going, keep on defending pts.

Action Jackson
09-12-2005, 02:45 PM
"Chubby Chela".......... :p

Yes, the Chubby one wasn't good enough today and good to see Chucho win 6-2 6-4 and I bet he looked stoned as well.

Fergie
09-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Well done Chucho! :bounce:

Effka
09-12-2005, 02:56 PM
This guy never ceases to amaze me!!! Way to go Jose :]

*Ljubica*
09-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Here is Thursday's OOP. Good Luck Chucho :)

Central Court
Matches Start At: 12:00 NOON
Fernando VERDASCO (ESP) vs. Florian MAYER (GER)

NOT BEFORE 1:45 PM
Ruben RAMIREZ HIDALGO (ESP) vs. Jose ACASUSO (ARG)

NOT BEFORE 4:00 PM
Oliver MARACH (AUT) vs. Andrei PAVEL (ROM)

NOT BEFORE 6:00 PM
Victor HANESCU (ROM) vs. Davide SANGUINETTI (ITA)

followed by
Martin GARCIA (ARG)/Mariano HOOD (ARG) vs. Juan Ignacio CHELA (ARG)/Luis HORNA (PER)

Action Jackson
09-15-2005, 08:45 AM
This is a very winnable match for Chucho and he has to be ready and take out Ramirez-Hidalgo and progress onto the quarter finals.

Nathaliia
09-15-2005, 05:30 PM
bad, bad stuff Chucho :(
he still can take Palermo though ;)

Effka
09-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Oh yes, bad, bad Chucho :slapking:
I though that Hanescu would be a challenge, but who the hell is Hidalgo? Oh wait, that famous guy who had played seven (3:4) atp matches this year before coming to Romania.

Anyway, Chucho, you gotta love him, and hate him at the same time. I got used to that.
He needs to go to a tournament where there won't be any Giorgio di Palermo. Him and Orsa means partyyyyy. Now, let's get back to work Chucho!

Action Jackson
09-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Well Acasuso you have done it with this performance, maybe it was too much time off in between matches, chasing the ladies or looking stoned. Chucho leading a break in the 2nd set at 5-4 and don't win another game. It's not the consistency that makes me a fan.

Action Jackson
09-15-2005, 06:40 PM
He had 2 days off before his 2nd round match, maybe Tiriac tried to use his mafioso tactics before he played Hanescu in the next round, and distracted him, but he had enough chances to do well in this match.

P.S I am joking about Tiriac.

Effka
09-15-2005, 07:18 PM
It's not the consistency that makes me a fan.

How true ;)

*Ljubica*
09-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Well Acasuso you have done it with this performance, maybe it was too much time off in between matches, chasing the ladies or looking stoned. Chucho leading a break in the 2nd set at 5-4 and don't win another game. It's not the consistency that makes me a fan.

Maybe the ladies were chasing him :angel: And anyway - who wants consistency? :p

Nathaliia
09-16-2005, 12:55 AM
but who the hell is Hidalgo?
The guy who defeated there Matka, Urbi, Vinciguerra, now Chucho and guess what, he's likely to enter Szczecin from the ALT list and he may look straight up in our eyes at the press conference !!!

He reached a semifinal in Sopot in 2003, lost after a close match to Ferrer and never repeated this result again.

RogiFan88
09-17-2005, 01:52 AM
:) Hi guys, I only have one sorry pic of Chucho from Montreal05...

Effka
09-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Whooo, thanks!
Gotta love those blue socks :)

*Ljubica*
09-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Whooo, thanks!
Gotta love those blue socks :)

Blue socks rule :yeah: I often wondered if Chucho bought his own or just borrowed Gaston's................... :p Thanks for the pic RogiFan.

Effka
09-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Blue socks rule :yeah: I often wondered if Chucho bought his own or just borrowed Gaston's................... :p

That is scary... oh wait... i thought about it too :eek: At US Open Gaston lost in the first round and i'm 100% sure that he wasn't wearing them. I thought that those must be lucky socks and probably Chucho will wear them playing against Horna... and he did... and he won lol. Ok, i'm kidding but the truth is i thought the same about the socks and that's funny :p

*Ljubica*
09-17-2005, 07:14 PM
That is scary... oh wait... i thought about it too :eek: At US Open Gaston lost in the first round and i'm 100% sure that he wasn't wearing them. I thought that those must be lucky socks and probably Chucho will wear them playing against Horna... and he did... and he won lol. Ok, i'm kidding but the truth is i thought the same about the socks and that's funny :p

Here in England we have a saying that "great minds always think alike!" - so guess you and I must have great minds :angel:

Nathaliia
09-17-2005, 09:12 PM
lol no doubt about it knowing you both

Action Jackson
09-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Big Chucho and Prieto won the doubles against Hanescu and Pavel.

Too bad Chucho wasn't good enough for the singles this year, good luck for Palermo.

*Ljubica*
09-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Well done boys :clap2:

*Ljubica*
09-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Here are a couple of photos of Chucho during TV interviews in Romania last week.

Effka
09-18-2005, 08:52 PM
i was keeping my fingers crossed throughout the whole match and i'm glad it was worth it! I've already came out of shock that Chucho lost to Hidalgo so the doubles title was something really really nice! Good luck in Palermo! I hope he'll finally kick some ass on clay.

alexito
09-24-2005, 02:20 AM
some capture tv show zabaleta argentina tenis pro

Action Jackson
09-24-2005, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the pics Alexito and as for Chucho he will not be playing at Palermo.

Effka
09-24-2005, 10:27 AM
What? Why isn't he playing there? :(

*Ljubica*
09-24-2005, 12:13 PM
What? Why isn't he playing there? :(

I would love to know too Effka, and I've been scanning the Argentine Press for more details this morning - but sadly they seem to think the only thing that matters in this world is Davis Cup :rolleyes: so there is no news of Chucho or any other players or tournaments at all. :devil:

Effka
09-24-2005, 02:03 PM
I reckon he somehow found Slovakia on his way from Romania to Italy and decided to stay there with his team mates. You should know that alcohol in Slovakia is cheap as chips. I think that might've been the main factor :devil:

Anyway, i haven't found any official info about this. He's still listed on the official site of thetourney :shrug:

*Ljubica*
09-24-2005, 02:08 PM
I reckon he somehow found Slovakia on his way from Romania to Italy and decided to stay there with his team mates. You should know that alcohol in Slovakia is cheap as chips. I think that might've been the main factor :devil:

Anyway, i haven't found any official info about this. He's still listed on the official site of thetourney :shrug:

And of course the Slovak women are meant to be very beautiful ;)

Nathaliia
09-24-2005, 02:16 PM
not as much as Polish ones, of course. Even Calleri confirmed at press conf.

*Ljubica*
09-24-2005, 02:34 PM
not as much as Polish ones, of course. Even Calleri confirmed at press conf.

You wait til I next see him.............he should have said English ones were the best :devil:

alexito
09-25-2005, 12:34 AM
video tenis pro , chucho in shower

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7X4MNSM6

Effka
09-25-2005, 11:13 PM
^God bless you! :bowdown: :devil:

bad gambler
09-25-2005, 11:59 PM
what is the reason he will not be playing palermo??

Effka
09-26-2005, 12:27 PM
I wish i knew. I suppose he got kidnapped by UFO or simply decided that he had played enough tennis this year and decided to go home ;)

seriously... I just hope he's not injured :|

Action Jackson
09-26-2005, 12:35 PM
You wait til I next see him.............he should have said English ones were the best :devil:

Then Chucho wouldn't be telling the truth.

*Ljubica*
09-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Then Chucho wouldn't be telling the truth.

:bigcry: How about the half English/half Belarussian ones?

Effka
09-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Hold on, what did Chucho say? :scratch:

*Ljubica*
09-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Hold on, what did Chucho say? :scratch:

He didn't say anything! It was Calleri who said Polish girls were the prettiest (see Nathaliia's post ealier in this thread) - so I simply replied that I would tell Calleri off because he didn't sing the praises of English girls like myself!!!!

On a serious note though - I do wish we could find out why Chucho withdrew from Palermo :confused:

Effka
09-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Lol i didn't get it probably because i'm getting crazy here trying to figure out why he withdrew. I also read somewhere that he withdrew from the alt list in madrid (i forgot where i read it though). But i'm mad because i thought i could finally see him on tv - es2 will be showing Palermo tourney. Anyway, please come back Chucho, and PLEASE get an official site of yours.

*Ljubica*
09-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Lol i didn't get it probably because i'm getting crazy here trying to figure out why he withdrew. I also read somewhere that he withdrew from the alt list in madrid (i forgot where i read it though). But i'm mad because i thought i could finally see him on tv - es2 will be showing Palermo tourney. Anyway, please come back Chucho, and PLEASE get an official site of yours.

Madrid :bigcry: That seems strange................he is still on the alternates list here and over in Steveg's tennis forum :confused: Really hope he does play there as I may go to Madrid for a few days.

*Ljubica*
10-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Here is the draw for Metz next week - it's really tough - Ljubo 1st round :bigcry: Good Luck Chucho - you are surely going to need it!

(1) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS v. MELLO, Ricardo BRA
LLODRA, Michael FRA v. qualifier
SABAU, Razvan ROM v. SEPPI, Andreas ITA
PAVEL, Andrei ROM v. (7) SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA

(3) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO v. ACASUSO, Jose ARG
SANTORO, Fabrice FRA v. MELZER, Jurgen AUT
qualifier v. qualifier
ZIB, Tomas CZE v. (5) SODERLING, Robin SWE

(8) MASSU, Nicolas CHI v. CALLERI, Agustin ARG
(WC) PHILIPPOUSSIS, Mark AUS v. (SE) BEHREND, Tomas GER
EL AYNAOUI, Younes MAR v. MAYER, Florian GER
(WC) ASCIONE, Thierry FRA v. (4) HRBATY, Dominik SVK

(6) MONFILS, Gael FRA v. CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG
(WC) CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA v. qualifier
ANDREEV, Igor RUS v. MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
BECK, Karol SVK v. (2) GASQUET, Richard FRA

Nathaliia
10-01-2005, 08:48 PM
i wouldn't say it's a good draw for him :lol: but the best thing about supporting Chucho is that he's unpredictable.

Effka
10-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Nooo the best thing about supporting Chucho is that he hates you for all your support. No matter hom much you are for him, he's always like :ras:.
Gotta love that guy.

Anyway, i've seen easier draws, for sure ;) Die, die Ljubo! :devil:

Nathaliia
10-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Nooo the best thing about supporting Chucho is that he hates you for all your support. No matter hom much you are for him, he's always like :ras:.
Gotta love that guy.

Anyway, i've seen easier draws, for sure ;) Die, die Ljubo! :devil:
oh yes... how much true you are at this moment... you remember that match against Vanek, where he was losing in the last set and we somehow lost concentration in clapping 'cause we were laughing out at Messina? He started playing then. You're my #1 Chuchoholic :kiss:

Effka
10-02-2005, 04:38 PM
oh yes... how much true you are at this moment... you remember that match against Vanek, where he was losing in the last set and we somehow lost concentration in clapping 'cause we were laughing out at Messina? He started playing then. You're my #1 Chuchoholic :kiss:

Match against Vanek was one of the most amusing things I’d ever seen. You're right Nathii. I think he was just jealous over Messina. He wanted our (or mine :devil: ) attention back and that's why he began to play well at that time.

I admit, I’m kind of good at being a Chuchoholic. It’s tough job, but hey, someone has to do it :angel:

*Ljubica*
10-02-2005, 05:11 PM
I needed you Chuchoholics for company at RG this year when he beat Roddick - that was a nail biter for sure!!!!

Effka
10-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Rosie, I bet you wouldn't have needed my company at that match if you'd known that I was a Roddick fan back then. I mean, I still support Andy, but that's a different story. Anyway, after that 2rd match Jose made it to my black list and he was about to get killed in Sopot, and my hands were supposed to be the crime tool. It all changed during the draw ceremony, when I first saw him. So I'm a Chuchoholic with a short practice, but it’s the intensity that makes me a great one.

I hope Chucho will be able to play a match like that one next time, let's say against Federer or Nadal. I could sell my house then, just to be able to see it and go crazy with you :cool:

And i just wanted to say one more time, that the Metz draw sux really hard. But he's seeded with Prieto in the doubles :eek:

Action Jackson
10-02-2005, 05:35 PM
I needed you Chuchoholics for company at RG this year when he beat Roddick - that was a nail biter for sure!!!!

How were you worried? I mean it was never in doubt. It seems like the crazy women have taken over the thread that gambler and myself laid the foundation for.

*Ljubica*
10-02-2005, 05:37 PM
How were you worried? I mean it was never in doubt. It seems like the crazy women have taken over the thread that gambler and myself laid the foundation for.

How can you call me a crazy woman GWH :angel:

Action Jackson
10-02-2005, 05:42 PM
How can you call me a crazy woman GWH :angel:

It's plural actually and you know it's true. I think I am just going to sit back and watch people trying to claim who the bigger fan of Chucho is. :)

Effka
10-02-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't think that we're bidding here for who is bigger Chucho's fan and I think it takes some real guts to be even a small one :p

And I don't know how about you Rosie, but I would call myself a crazy woman :angel:

Action Jackson
10-02-2005, 06:02 PM
I don't think that we're bidding here for who is bigger Chucho's fan and I think it takes some real guts to be even a small one :p

And I don't know how about you Rosie, but I would call myself a crazy woman :angel:

Your revolutionary zeal for Chucho is scary, can't hold it against you like Roddick, everyone has imperfections.

It doesn't take courage to be a Chucho fan, it's more courageous to like Spadea, Chucho has some talent.

Effka
10-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Your revolutionary zeal for Chucho is scary, can't hold it against you like Roddick, everyone has imperfections.

It doesn't take courage to be a Chucho fan, it's more courageous to like Spadea, Chucho has some talent.

I wonder what is so scary about my 'revolutionary zeal' for Chucho.

All I wanted to say is that supporting Chucho, from my point of view, can be hard because of his huge potential. I truly like that guy but he does appear like a sad waste of talent. He's somewhere around 50 in rankings, and he could be much more than that.

Action Jackson
10-02-2005, 06:40 PM
I wonder what is so scary about my 'revolutionary zeal' for Chucho.

All I wanted to say is that supporting Chucho, from my point of view, can be hard because of his huge potential. I truly like that guy but he does appear like a sad waste of talent. He's somewhere around 50 in rankings, and he could be much more than that.

Didn't you only like Acasuso recently? I tend to be sceptical about someone being embraced so quickly after a short time.

Chucho is the way he is, if he was driven like Davydenko would you like him? His ranking will look after itself, irrespective of how he plays.

Effka
10-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't really think there's any point in judging my loyalty to Chucho and I'm not going to try to prove, that it's bigger than you probably think (you just should see me clapping my hands in Sopot or staying awake till morning just to follow the scoreboard during Montreal or Cincinnati) . Don’t be sceptical about me. I’m not his supporter for like 3 years or something, I know it’s only couple of months, but going strong.

Nathaliia
10-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I don't really think there's any point in judging my loyalty to Chucho and I'm not going to try to prove, that it's bigger than you probably think (you just should see me clapping my hands in Sopot or staying awake till morning just to follow the scoreboard during Montreal or Cincinnati) . Don’t be sceptical about me. I’m not his supporter for like 3 years or something, I know it’s only couple of months, but going strong.
and i am his supporter since i saw him first against Squillari in Sopot 2002 :angel: when I saw that guy for the first time I was just spellbounded you know... (however we nomen omen SPELL it), comparing his style to Squillari's it had to make an impression. He was playing in that match differently to what we see nowadays in his game (at least matches of his i've seen last months)... attacking at the net a lot (!), and his forehand was simply a killer's one.

and as about 'revolutionary zeals' ... i made one for Rios. Reading about this guy in the newspapers (interviews, articles and stuff) I was all about to hate his behavior. But when I saw him in 1999 on TV after they installed me cable TV and I had posiibility to see tennis for the first time, I changed my mind 180 degrees. I didn't know anything about tennis technic and such... but it was just difficult to not to see his maestry... I even started liking his specific behaviour. Till now I consider myself as one of his biggest fans in Europe, and at the beginning I was a hater.

I'm a crazy teen myself at times - like posting for fun things on MTF. There's no need to treat everything seriously... but it's just my humble opinion.

Nathaliia
10-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't join you, because I chose preparations for Economy exam over it. But I saw 2 last sets of that match - pretty entertaining ;) :wavey:

*Ljubica*
10-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Peace please guys :hug:

Chucho plays tomorrow - first match. Here is the OOP - Vamos :)

CENTRE COURT

Matches Start At: 11:00 AM
Ivan LJUBICIC (CRO) vs Jose ACASUSO (ARG)
followed by
Tomas ZIB (CZE) vs Robin SODERLING (SWE)
followed by
Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)/Gael MONFILS (FRA) vs Younes EL AYNAOUI (MAR)/Alex LOPEZ MORON (ESP)
followed by
Nicolas MASSU (CHI) vs Agustin CALLERI (ARG)
NOT BEFORE 5:30 PM
Michael LLODRA (FRA)/Fabrice SANTORO (FRA) vs Julian KNOWLE (AUT)/Jurgen MELZER (AUT)
followed by
Nikolay DAVYDENKO (RUS) vs Ricardo MELLO (BRA)
followed by
Thierry ASCIONE (FRA) vs Dominik HRBATY (SVK)

Nathaliia
10-02-2005, 08:59 PM
You're right Rosie, this brings nothing fresh to the thread about the player we all like ;)
Actually, I wanted to say "bye" in some threads, including this one, because I'm leaving tomorrow and perhaps will be seeing you around Christmas or maybe middle of November ;) take care everybody!!! good luck Chucho tomorrow!

*Ljubica*
10-02-2005, 09:05 PM
You're right Rosie, this brings nothing fresh to the thread about the player we all like ;)
Actually, I wanted to say "bye" in some threads, including this one, because I'm leaving tomorrow and perhaps will be seeing you around Christmas or maybe middle of November ;) take care everybody!!! good luck Chucho tomorrow!

Take care Nathi - we will miss you :hug: Enjoy your time at Uni - be safe and be happy and talk to you later in the year.

Effka
10-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Unfortunately my uni also kicks off tomorrow and I'll miss this match, but I hope that Jose will do his best.

Bye-bye Nathii. Be sure that I'll send you some interesting scores via sms. :kiss:

*Ljubica*
10-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Chucho lost to Ljubicic 6-7(2), 3-6 :sad:

Effka
10-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Poor Chucho. Bad things always happen when I'm not able to follow the scoreboard. I hope he'll make a good result in doubled then.

WinterDreams
10-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Here some pics of Acasuso.
The 1st to 4th one from the match in Metz on Monday, the 5th at the match Calleri vs Massu in Metz, and the 6th and 7th from the doubles final match in Stuttgart.

Action Jackson
10-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Thank you very much winter for the pictures of Chucho they are appreciated.

*Ljubica*
10-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks so much WinterDreams :hug:

Effka
10-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks WinterDreams! :worship:

Chucho and Prieto defeated Hood/Garcia! Great news! They seem to get along pretty well.

alexito
10-10-2005, 05:55 AM
acasuso with jose luis clerc in espn

http://rapidshare.de/files/6095847/tcacasuso.wmv.html

Effka
10-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Cool Alexito!
The only problem is that i only know few words in Spanish. So, if there's anyone who could write a short summary of this interview i'd be very greateful!

Choupi
10-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Those are some of the pics I've taken yesterday, during the doubles final in Metz.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/Choupi/Metz%2005/01bfbc67.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/Choupi/Metz%2005/f30a4d52.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/Choupi/Metz%2005/f0f7ff0f.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/Choupi/Metz%2005/dafc327a.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/Choupi/Metz%2005/8a4a2486.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/Choupi/Metz%2005/8c5550b8.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/Choupi/Metz%2005/33e743fd.jpg

bad gambler
10-10-2005, 01:14 PM
thanks for the pics choupster :)

the big man should win against rochus tomorrow :D

Action Jackson
10-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Choupi, thanks for the pics these are appreciated for sure.

I hope the big man hasn't drunk too much of that champagne and if he serves well, he should beat Rochus.

Choupi
10-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Choupi, thanks for the pics these are appreciated for sure.
I have more. I'll email them to you later.

I hope the big man hasn't drunk too much of that champagne and if he serves well, he should beat Rochus.
Well, I have offered my help for the Champagne, you know, for their own sake, but it hasn't been accepted! ;) Chucho was in a hurry to leave the court. Just have a look at the last pic I've posted.

Action Jackson
10-10-2005, 01:33 PM
I have more. I'll email them to you later.

Well, I have offered my help for the Champagne, you know, for their own sake, but it hasn't been accepted! ;) Chucho was in a hurry to leave the court. Just have a look at the last pic I've posted.

Chucho might have got the last flight out that night, though I wonder if they flew from Metz or Strasbourg.

Effka
10-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Great pics Choupi!!!

alexito
10-11-2005, 01:43 PM
acasuso now play in double with david ferrer in stockholm

*Ljubica*
10-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Well he is safely here in Stockholm - I watched part of the doubles match this afternoon and also Chucho´s practice session with Juan Monaco tonight. Sadly I couldn´t take pictures because of the damned netting they had erected around the practice court :devil: He is fine though - and - on a sartorial note..........no blue socks in Stockholm. Bye for now :wavey:

Effka
10-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Rosie! You lucky girl! I wish i was in Stockholm, maybe with our loud support he wouldn't have lost to Christophe Rochus in the first round :rolleyes:

Anyway, have a great time!

Action Jackson
10-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Well Chucho is in Madrid or off to Madrid, he might be lucky and make the main draw for this event, hope he can qualify.

katica
10-15-2005, 05:37 PM
some pic from romania open ... hope you'll enjoy it :cool:
sorry the pictures haven't been attached ..i'll try again
:mad: i can attach just one pic...don't know why dosen't work this :mad:
i'll show you the other photos another time

Effka
10-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the pic Katica! If you don't manage to upload those pics, let me know, maybe you could send me them via e-mail cause i'm really willing to see some more ;)

Jose made it to the main draw in Madrid, i just hope he won't have to play somebody like Roddick in the first round, but on the other hand, even Chris Rochus was too much for him lately :( fingers crossed anyway.

katica
10-16-2005, 04:23 PM
he will play with Mikhail Youzhny in the 1st round...
goodluck Chucho!!!

http://www.masters-series-madrid.com/draws/17/MDS.pdf

*Ljubica*
10-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Well Chucho is in Madrid or off to Madrid, he might be lucky and make the main draw for this event, hope he can qualify.

Yes he is here in Madrid - I was talking to him briefly this afternoon - he seems fine. Sadly I lost my camera here in Madrid :sad: so all my Stockholm photos have been lost with it :sad: but it has been a great experience. I have to go home tomorrow night or first thing Tuesday morning (work on Wednesday :sad: ), so I don't know whether I will see him play or not here in Madrid - but Vamos Chucho anyway.

Action Jackson
10-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes he is here in Madrid - I was talking to him briefly this afternoon - he seems fine. Sadly I lost my camera here in Madrid :sad: so all my Stockholm photos have been lost with it :sad: but it has been a great experience. I have to go home tomorrow night or first thing Tuesday morning (work on Wednesday :sad: ), so I don't know whether I will see him play or not here in Madrid - but Vamos Chucho anyway.

Thanks for the Chucho information and hope he can play early, so you can see him. Should be plenty of Madrid-London flights, vamos Chucho.

katica
10-16-2005, 04:33 PM
such a badluck to lose your camera with the precious photos...sorry:hug:
i think i would going crazy if i'd ever lose my camera with memory full from a tournament :sad:

*Ljubica*
10-16-2005, 04:39 PM
such a badluck to lose your camera with the precious photos...sorry:hug:
i think i would going crazy if i'd ever lose my camera with memory full from a tournament :sad:

Thanks - well I wasn't happy as my friends on Gaston's Forum yesterday will vouch - but it was my own stupid fault - I was tired and distracted and careless and have no one but myself to blame. As I said on GG's Forum, while I was reporting the loss, I met an American girl who had lost her bag containing money, credit cards and passport and didn't speak a word of Spanish - made me realise a camera was not so important.

bad gambler
10-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Chucho beat Gaudio 7-6 6-2 :woohoo:

Nathaliia
10-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Chucho :yeah:

Fergie
10-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Well done Chucho!!! :D

Effka
10-19-2005, 02:26 PM
:worship: I never doubted :cool:

*Ljubica*
10-19-2005, 05:28 PM
I really love Gaston - but I'm glad that if he had to lose it was to Chucho if that makes sense :) Good Luck in the next round.

Effka
10-19-2005, 10:10 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUCHO! :kiss:

Just don't drink to much and make beautiful Radek sweat in the III round. Good luck!

Action Jackson
10-20-2005, 04:21 AM
Chucho beat Gaudio 7-6 6-2 :woohoo:

Just hope Chucho can follow up against Stepanek, though I can see Stepanek hitting drop volleys and short balls trying to move the big man forward and frustrate him.

Sure, not happy Gaudio lost, but at least it was to someone decent and that's good by me.

katica
10-20-2005, 05:34 AM
:aparty: el feliz cumpleaños, Chucho!!! :music:

make the sf ...so i can see a good match at madrid...between you and Puerta ...would be great ;)

GOODLUCK!!!

*Ljubica*
10-20-2005, 05:36 AM
Happy Birthday Chucho from me too :)