What will happen to Andrew Murray?! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What will happen to Andrew Murray?!

In_Disguise
04-17-2005, 04:53 PM
With the british public, expecting him to be the new star of british tennis after Henman, will he succeed and become a future top 10 player and possible Grandslam champion? Or, will he fail like so many British hopefuls before him? The question is whether he has the game, and weapons to be a top player and compete at the highest level....

federer express
04-17-2005, 04:54 PM
With the british public, expecting him to be the new star of british tennis after Henman, will he succeed and become a future top 10 player and possible Grandslam champion? Or, will he fail like so many British hopefuls before him? The question is whether he has the game, and weapons to be a top player and compete at the highest level....

he will either be a success or a failure. or somewhere in between :p

Horatio Caine
04-17-2005, 04:58 PM

I have seen playing in the Nottingham challenger 18 months ago and he was brilliant then. He has the right attitude to do well...and since then he has been awesome. He has the game to be top 100...any higher than that is anybody's guess. I'd like to think he can get his first ATP singles win next week over Hernych...

In_Disguise
04-17-2005, 05:01 PM
I certainly feel he has a better game than the past british hopefuls like Palmer, Lee Childs, Bogdanovic...for one thing, he can actually rally from the back consistantly and knows that tennis isn't just wimbledon

ae wowww
04-17-2005, 07:16 PM
R1 Loss in his WC Debut this week, without doubt.

jole
04-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Never seen him play, but apparently he is somewhat proficient on clay? Obviously this comparatively speaking, but perhaps it's a step in the right direction.

joeb_uk
04-17-2005, 07:39 PM
R1 Loss in his WC Debut this week, without doubt.
lol :D

Billy Moonshine
04-17-2005, 07:46 PM
I think it will all be down to luck. He clearly has the talent, and will work hard, but I reckon it will all come down to good draws and lucky breaks. I hope he does well :)

TennisLurker
04-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Would being a top 30 floater be considered a success or a failure?

federer express
04-17-2005, 08:41 PM

success...in my opinion.

but depends on how much talent he has really. if he has the talent to be a top 10 player, then it would be a bit of a failure. who knows.... :shrug:

RainerShuttle
04-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Apparently he's beaten Coria and taken a set off Moya in practice matches on clay but I suppose you can't read too much into that.......

Horatio Caine
04-17-2005, 09:32 PM
I'll be surprised if he doesn't make top 100. He is tipped to be top 20/10 but in all honesty we get these things hopelessly wrong. Delgado, Childs and Lee were surposed to be our big players and only 1 made it to the top 100, just. Who was Henman in 1993? Nobody mentioned him.

Domino
04-17-2005, 10:42 PM

I wouldn't mind having that. A damn good career if you ask me.

FanTsonga
09-20-2013, 12:15 PM

What a prediction.

Illusive Man
09-20-2013, 01:45 PM
What a prediction.

It was disingenuous, not a prediction. Let me try. Kuznetsov could be a success or a failure.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

duarte_a
09-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Never seen him play, but apparently he is somewhat proficient on clay? Obviously this comparatively speaking, but perhaps it's a step in the right direction.

:haha:

xcom
09-20-2013, 02:26 PM
What a prediction.

Epic thread bump :eek:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

TigerTim
09-20-2013, 02:46 PM
:haha:

I think reaching French Open semis, Masters semis and being a game from beating 2011 Nole would qualify as proficient on the surface......