Ginepri vs Fish & Carlsen vs Srichaphan. Who will win these two matches? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ginepri vs Fish & Carlsen vs Srichaphan. Who will win these two matches?

Action Jackson
04-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Sure the Nadal vs Coria match at Monte Carlo has the potential to be a huge match and the prospect of seeing these two play on clay consistently in the future is one that should be appreciated.

Next week in 2 continents Barcelona and Houston will be the centre stage for 2 battles where will see giants of the claycourt game come together, where an understanding of the movement, tactics and artistry on the surface will be at the full fore.

In Barcelona the match will be between Kenneth Carlsen and Paradorn Srichaphan. For this one use 1 or 2

In Houston the other battle will between Robby Ginepri and Mardy Fish, for this 3 and 4. The others are there as well and feel free to use them.

The question is who will win these battles or will tennis be the winner?

Deivid23
04-17-2005, 09:59 AM
I´ve found some prop bets for these exciting matches:

Number of dropshots: Over/Under 0.5 (I see no value on under, odds slashed, now -300, maybe Srichaphan can make one)

Maximum number of strokes during a rally: Over/Under 6.5 (tough one also)

Number of unforced errors: Over/Under 70.5 (I took over, looks reasonable line to me)

Attendance: Over/Under 10.5 people (Note: excluding linesmen, umpire, coaching teams included), I´m leaning on under here, but who knows, Fish´s girl fans are a very loyal fans...

TheBoiledEgg
04-17-2005, 10:04 AM
hardly matters when the next win on clay wont happen until they play another total incompetent on the clay (or maybe not :rolls: )

Action Jackson
04-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I mean Juan Monaco gets Andreev in the 1st round orr Verdasco gets Ferrer, yet Carlsen and Srichaphan will show the Spanish how to play claycourt tennis.

Action Jackson
04-17-2005, 11:51 AM
I´ve found some prop bets for these exciting matches:

Number of dropshots: Over/Under 0.5 (I see no value on under, odds slashed, now -300, maybe Srichaphan can make one)

Maximum number of strokes during a rally: Over/Under 6.5 (tough one also)

Number of unforced errors: Over/Under 70.5 (I took over, looks reasonable line to me)

Attendance: Over/Under 10.5 people (Note: excluding linesmen, umpire, coaching teams included), I´m leaning on under here, but who knows, Fish´s girl fans are a very loyal fans...

After the Monte Carlo final I'll come back to you and check the odds.

Neely
04-17-2005, 01:33 PM
I mean Juan Monaco gets Andreev in the 1st round orr Verdasco gets Ferrer, yet Carlsen and Srichaphan will show the Spanish how to play claycourt tennis.
I think Srichaphan vs Carlsen and Ginepri vs Fish on clay can't be much worse than a few horror matchups I've seen at Wimbledon the last years ago, such as Puentes vs Puerta, Frana vs Herrera or Aguilera vs Strelba.

I should mention that the two latter ones were still clearly(!!) better than the first one (and that Aguilera won more than one match on grass), which should really be difficult to beat all-time as I've never seen two players matching up each other who have such a non-clue how to play on grass like Puentes and Puerta.

federer express
04-17-2005, 01:36 PM
you couldn't resist the thread any longer could you? the clash of the titans ginepri/fish could not be allowed to pass unnoticed! :)

CooCooCachoo
04-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Tennis wins :D

Maxpowers
04-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Are these the matchups? When I try to see the draw it says it isn't avaliable yet.

Neely
04-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Are these the matchups? When I try to see the draw it says it isn't avaliable yet.
It's available for me right now... did you try these links?

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/425/MDS.pdf
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/717/MDS.pdf

Maxpowers
04-17-2005, 05:52 PM
It's available for me right now... did you try these links?

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/425/MDS.pdf
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/717/MDS.pdf

For some reason the Houston draw didn't load with Mozilla, but it works with Internet Explorer. Thanks for the links.

A month ago I would have heavily favored Ginepri against Fish, but after watching both of them in person during the NASDAQ I'm going to go with Fish. Ginepri looked like a shadow of his former self in his loss to Spadea. No consistency, power, or anything. On the other hand Fished looked great against Tommy Haas, and probably would have won if he didn't get some terrible calls at key moments.

If Ginepri plays the way he used to he will win, but if he plays like he did in Key Biscayne he will lose badly.

TennisLurker
04-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey, Frana was quite good on grass actually

DanEd
04-17-2005, 06:56 PM
What a thrillers! I hope to get both matches on tv. at least the clash between paradorn-carlsen.

jole
04-17-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm currently en route to Houston so I can get an up close and personal glimpse at superb clay court footwork.

Neely
04-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Hey, Frana was quite good on grass actually
Very well spotted, the match Frana vs Herrera is far too good to be named here alongside the others. My fault.

Frana deserves a lot of credit for giving attention to grass, for playing preparation tournaments on this surface and for winning a grasscourt title beating two or three grasscourt players of the likes Rusedski, Sampras and/or Rafter on the way to this.

Neely
04-17-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm currently en route to Houston so I can get an up close and personal glimpse at superb clay court footwork.
Watching Mardy and Robby sliding on clay should be pure eye-candy :kiss: ;)
:angel:

buddyholly
04-18-2005, 01:09 AM
Option 5 is somewhat redundant. I am pretty sure TWO of them will get a clay win this season.

jole
04-18-2005, 02:12 AM
It's pretty damn feasible that a multitude of these players could get blanked on clay, going by their 2004 results.

bad gambler
04-18-2005, 04:55 AM
ginepri and the thai tiger, that's my final answer, lock it in

NATAS81
04-18-2005, 05:36 AM
I'm sure the press is chomping at the bit to accumulate documented transcripts of this epic battle.

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 06:05 AM
I think Srichaphan vs Carlsen and Ginepri vs Fish on clay can't be much worse than a few horror matchups I've seen at Wimbledon the last years ago, such as Puentes vs Puerta, Frana vs Herrera or Aguilera vs Strelba.

Ah! Neely I love you, do you know that? Yes, these matches will be very funny and since you might be surprised that I don't have a sense of humour. It's just as funny when seeing guys returning serves 5 m behind the baseline on grass, but for different reasons.

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 09:49 AM

Please I want reports of how great this match was.

Becarina
04-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Mardy, he lived with Andy once, that should do it ;)

Horatio Caine
04-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Mardy will play like a Fish out of water, and will get stuck to the surface. :lol:

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 04:59 PM
6-2 to Srichaphan in the first match in the battle of Claycourt Giants.

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Srichaphan won 6-2 6-1, only getting 3 games on clay against the Srich, that calls for desperate measures.

buddyholly
04-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I am sure that somewhere else in MTF you have a thread that is derisive of players who avoid tournaments on their weak surfaces.
At least they didn't say ''Clay is for crackpots'' and stay home.

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 06:23 PM
buddy, stop trying to pick a fight. I laugh at the clay guys who stand 5 metres behind the baseline when they return on grass, it's just as amusing.

TheBoiledEgg
04-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Srichaphan won 6-2 6-1, only getting 3 games on clay against the Srich, that calls for desperate measures.

Carlsen might be as old as some fossils but thats a pathetic effort :rolls:
3 games on clay vs Paradorn :haha: :tape:

Paradorn must have had all his chrismases at once.

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Carlsen might be as old as some fossils but thats a pathetic effort :rolls:
3 games on clay vs Paradorn :haha: :tape:

Paradorn must have had all his chrismases at once.

There is going to be a massive surge of interest in tennis in Catalunya.

Paradorn is now the favourite for Roland Garros.

Deboogle!.
04-19-2005, 05:04 AM
Ginepri d. Fish 6-1 6-4 :o

Action Jackson
04-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Ginepri d. Fish 6-1 6-4 :o

It looks like I better get the pigeon thread for Andy vs Ginepri as 6-0 to Andy looks very good now.

Deboogle!.
04-19-2005, 03:41 PM
It looks like I better get the pigeon thread for Andy vs Ginepri as 6-0 to Andy looks very good now. sure ;)

Action Jackson
04-19-2005, 03:58 PM
sure ;)

I love that pigeon thread and it'll be a straight set job as well.

Deboogle!.
04-19-2005, 04:00 PM
I love that pigeon thread and it'll be a straight set job as well. I like it too ;) One more time and you'll be able to add the Ginepri-Fish h2h, he's 4-0 now.

if it's not straight sets, there will be cause for concern :)

Oh, I forgot to express how impressed I am with Paradorn's claycourt prowess. Carlsen even got 6 games off Andy in Houston last year ;) P-Dorn for RG champ :rocker: :lol:

Action Jackson
04-19-2005, 04:07 PM
The Srich has showed some huge improvement and the kids of Barcelona will be rushing to the clubs in awe of that performance.

TheBoiledEgg
04-19-2005, 08:38 PM
thats says it all........ Mardy Fish :rolls: :tape:

we now have the two finalists for RG

Ginepri vs Srichaphan :lol:

In_Disguise
04-19-2005, 11:00 PM
sad to see Srichaphan's career going downhill these days! the guy has the potential to win grand slams, and has the game to match anyone...

DanEd
04-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Two new favorites for roland garros:
W. Arthurs def. Ramirez Hidalgo 6-4 6-3
Dupuis def. Massu 6-4 6-0

DanEd
04-20-2005, 01:48 AM
sad to see Srichaphan's career going downhill these days! the guy has the potential to win grand slams, and has the game to match anyone...

I think srichaphan is so overrated,It is only my opinion.

DanEd
04-20-2005, 01:51 AM
We can add Max Mirnyi (but this is not a joke :scared: )
first alberta and now he defeat Monaco 7-6 (3) 6-2.