Demand for tennis DVD's?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Demand for tennis DVD's??

Roger The Great
04-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Ok, I've come across web sites and people here on the forums selling tennis DVD's and I definitely think there might be interest in those. My question is, how much demand is there and at what price?? I have tons of VHS matches from '04 but just recently bought an expensive DVR/DVD recorder. I have several '05 Monte Carlo matches on DVD in high quality, including Fed-Gasquet and I'm wondering if people would buy at the $10 Canadian ($8 US approx.) price.

It's awesome that guys like JustmeUK are turning matches into torrents but I know for myself I like watching matches in high quality on a big tv instead of a small section of my computer.

I love having them for myself to watch but I'd like to provide a service for the tennis fan community as well. I'd love some feedback from others. Thanks!! :)

Roger The Great
04-16-2005, 10:30 PM
I forgot to add that I know others are offering matches as well, but I'd like to do it in a less expensive manner than what others are doing. $15-$20 US seems like much to me.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 10:35 PM
:) Ok, I've come across web sites and people here on the forums selling tennis DVD's and I definitely think there might be interest in those. My question is, how much demand is there and at what price?? I have tons of VHS matches from '04 but just recently bought an expensive DVR/DVD recorder. I have several '05 Monte Carlo matches on DVD in high quality, including Fed-Gasquet and I'm wondering if people would buy at the $10 Canadian ($8 US approx.) price.

It's awesome that guys like JustmeUK are turning matches into torrents but I know for myself I like watching matches in high quality on a big tv instead of a small section of my computer.

I love having them for myself to watch but I'd like to provide a service for the tennis fan community as well. I'd love some feedback from others. Thanks!! :)

hi!

nice thread!

i've got about 100 matches on dvd!

www.sportdvd-shop.ch.vu
i would like to trade with you! i'm interested in roger-richard:)

i just recorded the MC's SF richard-rafa and the 2. set of the coria-jcf! amazing matches!
only sad that richard lost:(:(:(

ae wowww
04-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Any doubles matches, RTG?

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 10:37 PM

everytime the same;)

Roger The Great
04-16-2005, 10:40 PM

Unfortunately, no. Only what TSN is willing to show here, and doubles is usually not included. :)

ae wowww
04-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Everytime the same? Not necessarily. The variety of a vendor's produce usually reflects his work. Thus, if he had singles, doubles and mixed, I'd be more inclined to look at his collection overall. :D

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Why did you buyed an expensive 1?
i got 1 for about 300$ with a hard disc(120gb)

and your 1?

Roger The Great
04-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Why did you buyed an expensive 1?
i got 1 for about 300$ with a hard disc(120gb)

and your 1?

$600 w/ 80GB HD. It's the best I could do here in Winnipeg. :)

What bitrate do you record matches in??

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 11:05 PM
$600 w/ 80GB HD. It's the best I could do here in Winnipeg. :)

What bitrate do you record matches in??

don't know exactly :confused: have to check, will do now!

you?

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 11:07 PM
do you like to trade?

Roger The Great
04-16-2005, 11:21 PM
do you like to trade?

Sure I would. :) And I record video at a 6.4 bitrate on my machine. Not sure if it would be the same kind of rating on yours. *shrug*

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Sure I would. :) And I record video at a 6.4 bitrate on my machine. Not sure if it would be the same kind of rating on yours. *shrug*

:o i can't find it!

in which match are you interested?

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 11:32 PM
have you got msn? we could trade over that:D:D:D better no shipping;)
you can pm me your address.....
if you don't have then download it :D :D :worship:

it's easy but it takes some time.......

ae wowww
04-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Federer_Express, you're sig says you will deliver my DVD by hand. I live in England, how will you travel here?

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Federer_Express, you're sig says you will deliver my DVD by hand. I live in England, how will you travel here?

that doesn't mean that ;) ;) ;)

ae wowww
04-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Doesn't make sense then, what does it mean?

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Doesn't make sense then, what does it mean?

ok

ae wowww
04-16-2005, 11:45 PM
okThats not a valid response... What DOES it mean?

JustmeUK
04-16-2005, 11:46 PM

No offense but have u actually downloaded a match and tried playing it on your PC or TV? I assure u it's definitely not on a small section of your computer. The matches have a resolution of 560x420. Believe me when I say a lot of people I know watch it on 42 inch or bigger TVs with no problems.

If u truly want to provide a service then provide DVDs at cost. Otherwise, (again meaning no offense) u're just looking to make a quick buck off others. A DVD these days costs nowhere close to the $8 u're looking for.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Thats not a valid response... What DOES it mean?

i don't know :lol:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-16-2005, 11:51 PM
No offense but have u actually downloaded a match and tried playing it on your PC or TV? I assure u it's definitely not on a small section of your computer. The matches have a resolution of 560x420. Believe me when I say a lot of people I know watch it on 42 inch or bigger TVs with no problems.

If u truly want to provide a service then provide DVDs at cost. Otherwise, (again meaning no offense) u're just looking to make a quick buck off others. A DVD these days costs nowhere close to the $8 u're looking for.

i can't watch it on tv:(

ae wowww
04-16-2005, 11:59 PM
lmao Fed Ex you removed it :lol: Funny..

JustmeUK
04-17-2005, 12:04 AM
i can't watch it on tv:(

and why is that?

BHH1988
04-17-2005, 12:13 AM
How do i watch it on a tv?

joeb_uk
04-17-2005, 12:14 AM
everytime the same;)
lol, andy cant you buy any singles matches man? all i see is you asking for doubles everytime

Roger The Great
04-17-2005, 12:18 AM

JustmeUK, every company in the world provides a service to it's customers and yet does it well in order to make money. I don't dispute that I would be pocketing a few dollars, however that doesn't mean I'm not providing a service. If you check out prices at DVD Warehouse or even Lorenzo's prices on his site, $10 Canadian (for example) is far cheaper than others. So that would be a service.

Besides, the objective to this was not to discredit what you do or even turn this into a business discussion. I have downloaded a few of your matches and they are excellent, thank you. :) I'm simply trying to get feedback on what the demand would be and at what price a demand would be there. Thank you for your feedback.

JustmeUK
04-17-2005, 12:19 AM
How do i watch it on a tv?

If your graphics card has a TV output (most modern ones have S-Video out) then u can patch it in that way into your TV. Some newer graphics card actually support component out - that gives better quality. I use S-Video out myself and I do check the reencoded DivX avis before I release them and to be honest there is a difference but it's not as big as Roger infers there is which is why I even posted here.

JustmeUK
04-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Besides, the objective to this was not to discredit what you do or even turn this into a business discussion. I have downloaded a few of your matches and they are excellent, thank you. :) I'm simply trying to get feedback on what the demand would be and at what price a demand would be there. Thank you for your feedback.

Frankly I don't care who charges what. I merely posted simply because I took exception to your saying that the matches I release can only be watched on a small part of your PC screen. I assure u they are better than that. When I made the decision to seed them I went to some lengths to experiment with resolution and bit rates.

Roger The Great
04-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Frankly I don't care who charges what. I merely posted simply because I took exception to your saying that the matches I release can only be watched on a small part of your PC screen. I assure u they are better than that. When I made the decision to seed them I went to some lengths to experiment with resolution and bit rates.

Fair enough. My apologies, I meant no offense. :)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-17-2005, 01:23 AM
JustmeUK, every company in the world provides a service to it's customers and yet does it well in order to make money. I don't dispute that I would be pocketing a few dollars, however that doesn't mean I'm not providing a service. If you check out prices at DVD Warehouse or even Lorenzo's prices on his site, $10 Canadian (for example) is far cheaper than others. So that would be a service.

hi, yes you're right!

i know my prices aren't that cheap...... but i work hard for the money;)
just to buy dvd's.... do you know what a dvd coasts? here in switzerland almost 2-3$ then imagine i'm 14,..... i like to make persons happy with my collection and i try everytime to make a good price..... the prices are not fix.
the work with the dvd's is hard,.... may you laugh at me but it is!
a day from my side: get up on 6:30 go to school 7:00 come home at 12:00 then eat go back to school on 13:00 then i come back home 17:30 then do school work then at 19:00 i can start finish the dvd's......... so you can see...
it's not that easy! i i "like" to make money with the dvd's....... i have to buy also dvd's for me and that coasts too......

:lol:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-17-2005, 01:37 AM
justmeuk but how can i get from my pc to my tv? i've got only on the side of my laptop green,red,yellow holes. something with that?

Maxpowers
04-17-2005, 05:39 AM
What type of recorder did you get? I'm using a hauppauge wintv usb and 1 hour takes up 1.05 GB in fair quality. You're going to run out of space on that 80GB HD very quickly.

Auscon
04-17-2005, 07:23 AM
The only dvd's I've bought are from a guy in Aus, and I get them for about $8Aus each (about $6U.S.)

even though theres plenty of matches I want that he doesnt have, I wont buy from anywhere else, because everywhere else is more expensive, and it'd have the added cost of international postage

BHH1988
04-17-2005, 07:27 AM
ok my tv is very far away from my computer, and I dont' know how to tamper with my graphics card. Is there any other way i can watch it on my tv? Burn on a disc maybe somehow?

JustmeUK
04-17-2005, 08:44 AM
justmeuk but how can i get from my pc to my tv? i've got only on the side of my laptop green,red,yellow holes. something with that?

dunno but your manual should tell you something about it. component video (and s-video) can be routed through a variety of outputs as I understand it.

JustmeUK
04-17-2005, 08:45 AM
ok my tv is very far away from my computer, and I dont' know how to tamper with my graphics card. Is there any other way i can watch it on my tv? Burn on a disc maybe somehow?

well the easiest would be if u had a Divx compatible DVD player. failing that u'd need to reencode into Mpeg-2 before burning.

Roger The Great
04-17-2005, 03:07 PM
What type of recorder did you get? I'm using a hauppauge wintv usb and 1 hour takes up 1.05 GB in fair quality. You're going to run out of space on that 80GB HD very quickly.

I don't record anything in fair quality. If I wanted to do that I would have continued to record on VHS. :) I record with quality that is pretty much identical to the broadcast. I can fit around 1.5 hours of video on a DVD. And the 80GB is more than enough as I burn to DVD immediately or delete the file if I don't want to burn it.

Roger The Great
04-17-2005, 03:11 PM
The only dvd's I've bought are from a guy in Aus, and I get them for about $8Aus each (about $6U.S.)

even though theres plenty of matches I want that he doesnt have, I wont buy from anywhere else, because everywhere else is more expensive, and it'd have the added cost of international postage

That's cool. :) And maybe around $6 US would be a better price?? Honestly, I record my matches for my own personal enjoyment first and foremost. I guess I'm a collector. But, I thought maybe I could further benefit myself and others through my collection.

Roger-No.1
04-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Great thread!

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-17-2005, 03:19 PM
That's cool. :) And maybe around $6 US would be a better price?? Honestly, I record my matches for my own personal enjoyment first and foremost. I guess I'm a collector. But, I thought maybe I could further benefit myself and others through my collection.
cool:D:D:D:D
hope it will work;)msn;);););)

Roger The Great
04-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Hmmmmm... Coria making a comeback in the third set?? Up 3-0. Been an interesting match to watch....

Roger The Great
04-18-2005, 05:53 AM
Ok, here's a website for anyone interested. :)

rtg.broadphase.com (http://rtg.broadphase.com)

misyou25
04-18-2005, 04:52 PM
any1 has magnus norman tapes? or dvd

tennisphan
04-18-2005, 06:40 PM
does no one here know how to make a DVD out of a torrent themselves?

if not, then nice business plan!

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-20-2005, 08:42 PM
up

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-20-2005, 10:33 PM
I made a Forum:)
there we can talk;)
go and check out,...... then register;););)
It's not finished yet but I'm working on it!