Roddick and Reebok: No More [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick and Reebok: No More

tangerine_dream
04-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Reebok and Roddick Seperate
Reebok Announces End of Roddick Contract

Reebok announced today that they are not continuing their endorsement arrangement with Andy Roddick when the current contract expires at the end of this month.

This announcement was not unexpected. Trade sources tell Daily Tennis that Roddick’s representatives are seeking a huge amount of money for his endorsement. So much, in fact, that both Reebok and Nike are not likely to step forward and pay the requested amount.

Now that Reebok has decided not to proceed with Roddick, it will likely be in a position to negotiate an endorsement contract with Venus Williams, whose endorsement contract with Reebok expired last year.

Speculation about Roddick’s contract is now centering on Lacoste as the likely suitor.

- - - - - - - - -
Reebok response

Reebok International Ltd. on Friday dropped tennis star Andy Roddick of Austin as a spokesman for its athletic shoes, apparel and accessories.

The Reebok-Roddick relationship dates back to May 2000. But effective May 1, Roddick no longer will endorse Reebok products.

"Throughout our relationship, Andy has always been a loyal ambassador for the brand and has continuously proven himself to be a player capable of bringing intense energy and excitement back into the sport of tennis, with a talent and charisma to forever change the game," Reebok (NYSE: RBK), based in Canton, Mass., says in a statement.

"As our contract came to a close, and after carefully considering what is in the best interest of our business, Reebok has elected to not continue this partnership."

A representative of Washington, D.C.-based SFX Sports Group Inc., which manages Roddick's career, couldn't be reached for comment.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2005/04/15/ap1950787.html

J. Corwin
04-15-2005, 08:16 PM
About time I say. :banana:

tangerine_dream
04-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Booo, I say. :ras: Reebok made him different from most of the others. His style was unique in a sea of ugly Addidas and Nike clothes.

Oh Andy, please sign up with Lacoste and stay a million miles away from Addidas and Nike. please please please.... *begs* :bolt:

onewoman74
04-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Very interesting...

Clara Bow
04-15-2005, 08:22 PM
His style was unique in a sea of ugly Addidas and Nike clothes.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Roddick's US Open outfit will go down in my memory as one of the ugliest tennis outfits I have ever seen.

On to new and better threads Andy!

Skyward
04-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Sorry, but I have to disagree. Roddick's US Open outfit will go down in my memory as one of the ugliest tennis outfits I have ever seen.

No, the ugliest should be Rafter's outfit with white hibiscus flowers on red shorts. :eek:

Sjengster
04-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Ha ha, now the Ducklings have egg on their faces for slamming the poster who first revealed this news in the Roddick forum several days ago.

I agree with the poster above, Roddick's US Open outfit was an aesthetic eyesore that we should never see the likes of again. I think he will look so much better when he signs with Nike and breaks out the orange sleeveless shirt and clam-diggers. Find a headband and work on that grunt, Andrew!

RichardParker
04-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Speculation about Roddick’s contract is now centering on Lacoste as the likely suitor.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2005/04/15/ap1950787.html
I want to see Andy with santoro-pants Vs. Nadal with too-ass-tight capri.
Interesting view.

jole
04-15-2005, 08:46 PM
http://www.gotennis.com/Images/Content/Protour/atp/profiles/Player_312/1.JPG

:sad:

euroka1
04-15-2005, 08:51 PM
[b]Reebok and Roddick This announcement was not unexpected. Trade sources tell Daily Tennis that Roddick’s representatives are seeking a huge amount of money for his endorsement. So much, in fact, that both Reebok and Nike are not likely to step forward and pay the requested amount.

Money drives all, unfortunately, to the detriment of the game and of the players.

Dirk
04-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Andy is not worth that money Euroka. They should deny him.

gooner88
04-15-2005, 09:04 PM
I bet A-rod will be with Nike.
With Agassi coming to the end of his career, Nike needs a new high profile male tennis player from America to promote it's brand in the American Market; and that is A-rod.

lucashg
04-15-2005, 09:38 PM
I think he will look so much better when he signs with Nike and breaks out the orange sleeveless shirt and clam-diggers. Find a headband and work on that grunt, Andrew!

It probably has a lot of sarcasm in your post but it would actually look quite good on him, though so not him at the same time.

By the way, can he pull off sleeveless shirts like Hewitt, Nadal and Moya? Hmm.

Exodus
04-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Andy isn't no.1 anymore he isn't even close and haven't won any slams since USO 03, so it's quite natural to replace him, not worth the money anymore...

ae wowww
04-15-2005, 10:04 PM
:sad: I loved the Reebok aparell too..

World Beater
04-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Andy is not worth that money Euroka. They should deny him.

This is funny, coming from you.

He probably isnt worth the money. But considering he is the lone american tennis player. Companies can be sure to capture the male tennis market in America

-ernie-
04-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Locoste? :o Go with nike andy...

PaulieM
04-15-2005, 10:26 PM
the reebok clothes were ugly. hopefully he'll get some better looking clothes with whatever company he signs with. i'd like to see the visor back though! :)

alfonsojose
04-15-2005, 10:35 PM
I think "Le Coq" it's the obvious choice for him. "Le Coq is very pleased to introduce u .. the Duck oufit" :o

Dirk
04-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Beater he isn't. He is not doing as well to demand more money. If he wasn't asking for an increase they would probably keep him on. He is over playing his hand.

euroka1
04-15-2005, 10:44 PM
But considering he is the lone american tennis player. Companies can be sure to capture the male tennis market in America

But doesn't that in itself say that there is something wrong with the sport of tennis in the US? Those companies haven't done very well at said capture. It is a poor state of affairs when the money, clothes, and endorsements become more important than the game.

martirogi
04-15-2005, 10:45 PM
lacoste is classy they shouldnt sponsor roddick. but i dont him to be an adidas or nike clone either.

Havok
04-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Considering that he's just about ALL they have in regards to tennis clothing, he could have been getting a crapload more money than he currently is. They have no other big name (Venus isn't signed with them anymore. Although she still wears their clothes since she has no sponsor, they don't pay her). To say that he doesn't deserve more because he hasn't won a slam, blah blah blah is complete crap. Kournikova never won a single tournament title, and she didn't get scrap money for her contract.;) Anyways now that Reebok will part ways with Andy, their tennis career is now officially DEAD. Vaidfosova and Andreev won't do absolutely nothing to sell their products. They better pray they can find other huge stars to even come close to Roddick and venus. My bet is they won't for a while.

smucav
04-15-2005, 10:57 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/stories/2005/04/11/daily45.htmlAustin Business Journal - April 15, 2005
Austin Business Journal - 2:46 PM CDT Friday
Reebok ends endorsement deal with Roddick
Reebok International Ltd. on Friday dropped tennis star Andy Roddick of Austin as a spokesman for its athletic shoes, apparel and accessories. However, a deal with the Lacoste apparel brand may be in the wings.

In next week's issue, Street & Smith's SportsBusiness Journal reports Roddick could sign a major endorsement contract with Lacoste as early as next week.

Tennis sources say the multiyear deal would pay Roddick about $5 million annually, although other sources dispute those figures. At Lacoste, Roddick would become "the centerpiece of its efforts to promote its brand" in the United States, according to the SportsBusiness Journal.

The Reebok-Roddick relationship dates back to May 2000. But effective May 1, Roddick no longer will endorse Reebok products.

"Throughout our relationship, Andy has always been a loyal ambassador for the brand and has continuously proven himself to be a player capable of bringing intense energy and excitement back into the sport of tennis, with a talent and charisma to forever change the game," Reebok (NYSE: RBK), based in Canton, Mass., says in a statement.

"As our contract came to a close, and after carefully considering what is in the best interest of our business, Reebok has elected to not continue this partnership."

A representative of Washington, D.C.-based SFX Sports Group Inc., which manages Roddick's career, couldn't be reached for comment.
© 2005 American City Business Journals Inc.

NATAS81
04-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Long live USO 04

jole
04-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Long live USO 04

I want to personally thank you for keeping the dream alive.

Becarina
04-15-2005, 11:15 PM
the reebok clothes were ugly. hopefully he'll get some better looking clothes with whatever company he signs with. i'd like to see the visor back though! :)

Now maybe he will get some clothes that fit! :)

Carito_90
04-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Sad news indeed. I liked Andy's appearel :sad:

I guess Lacoste would be the best choice... though it'll be kinda odd seeing an American like Andy wearing a french brand instead of an American one.

Oh well, I'll get over it :p

blosson
04-15-2005, 11:42 PM
It's probably more likely that Lacoste wants an American to wear their gear to expand their brand in the US, after all the US is a hell of a big market.

star
04-16-2005, 01:25 AM

I guess Lacoste would be the best choice... though it'll be kinda odd seeing an American like Andy wearing a french brand instead of an American one.

We'll just call them "Freedom" clothes. :haha: :haha:

Socket
04-16-2005, 02:53 AM

Just go to any American country club on Sunday, and you'll see lots of people wearing Lacoste. :) Most of them are playing golf, though. :D

Golfnduck
04-16-2005, 03:03 AM
Just go to any American country club on Sunday, and you'll see lots of people wearing Lascoste. :) Most of them are playing golf, though. :D
That is true, I see a ton of golfers wearing Lascoste.

tennis4eva
04-16-2005, 03:37 AM
This outfit was the best ever :sad:
http://www.rbk.ro/images/upload/stire_34.jpg

Becarina
04-16-2005, 07:16 AM
except for the balck hat with blue clothes.....

Jeff
04-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Good to see Andy get a slap in the face. He clearly has a big ego now, and he needs to be brought back to earth. I'm not trying to diss him and I don't dislike him, but the fact that his representatives are requesting an unacceptable amount of endorsement money is not surprising at all. Does La Coste have the resources to pay out as much as Reebok was?

Becarina
04-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Good to see Andy get a slap in the face. He clearly has a big ego now, and he needs to be brought back to earth. I'm not trying to diss him and I don't dislike him, but the fact that his representatives are requesting an unacceptable amount of endorsement money is not surprising at all. Does La Coste have the resources to pay out as much as Reebok was?

He has no ego. He is deflated. He probably told Reebok he would work for free but they could no longer be disgraced by him and kicked him to the curb. Poor Lacoste...they now will go down in flames.

euroka1
04-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Judging from the announcement itself, the way it was announced, and the subsequent spin by the parties concerned, there must be an interesting story behind all this. But it has nothing to do with tennis, I'm afraid, only money and greed.

Angle Queen
04-16-2005, 12:42 PM
I can see Lacoste's first advert now. Picture of Andy and bandaid with a tag line of something like: Even without our logo, our clothes are unmistakable.

Hope it works out for all parties involved.

MissFairy
04-16-2005, 12:48 PM
I can see Lacoste's first advert now. Picture of Andy and bandaid with a tag line of something like: Even without our logo, our clothes are unmistakable.

Hope it works out for all parties involved.
:lol: AQ maybe you should go into advertising? :p

I wish that Rbk stuck with him :sad: :sad: but i suppose the gears not that important, and maybe his new sponsor will give him something other than an XL shirt? ;)

euroka1
04-16-2005, 02:09 PM

Can't help but wonder if the whole "band aid" story is linked to the Roddick-Reebok negotiations. Did Andy do it in resentment that the negotiations were not going well or was he just dumb? Whose were the lawyers who sprung into action to precipitate the "cover-up"? From all reports, Roddick was very agitated, to say the least. I doubt that tsunami relief had much to do with it. Good story here somewhere.

TennisLurker
04-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Please, Andy in Santoro shorts

blosson
04-16-2005, 06:18 PM

well if we see Andy wearing Lacosted very soon, it means that Lacoste is prepared to foot the expensive bill and Andy is worth the money for their business plans.

TennisLurker
04-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Lacoste is for classy people

tennis4eva
04-16-2005, 06:31 PM
IMO Fila would be better on Andy. Remember some of the outfits Flip wore over the years? :worship: They were just great, perfect for a hunky guy like Mark. Somehow Lacoste seems too stylized for Andy, he would look better in Fila...something a little less "chichi" is way better :cool:

MissFairy
04-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Nice statement there Lurker.

Nike is a sports company.

there i did the same.

mitalidas
04-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh Andy, please sign up with Lacoste and stay a million miles away from Addidas and Nike. please please please.... *begs* :bolt:

sounds like your wish will be granted, given that the trade papers say that the only one interested in him is Lacoste

didn't know andy / andy's reps were so aggressive about money, though

Kiara
04-16-2005, 06:34 PM
No more subway map monstrosities, thank god..Roddick doesnt go with the lacoste image though, but europeans like Andy so this is a good deal for them..

mickymouse
04-16-2005, 06:47 PM
I just cannot imagine what kind of outfit Lacoste can come up for Andy in a tennis match. Think Lacoste and the crocodile comes to mind followed by the image of golfers. I actually thought it was a good thing that he was with Reebok 'cos it sets him apart from the sea of Nike and Adidas outfits.

tennischick
04-16-2005, 06:58 PM
We'll just call them "Freedom" clothes. :haha: :haha:
:lol: good one

so when the Duck appeared in public recently with a bandaid over the Lacoste t-shirt, it was no accident then?

Dirk
04-16-2005, 07:45 PM
No TC he did it out of grief for the tsunami victims. :rolleyes:

Dirk
04-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Considering that he's just about ALL they have in regards to tennis clothing, he could have been getting a crapload more money than he currently is. They have no other big name (Venus isn't signed with them anymore. Although she still wears their clothes since she has no sponsor, they don't pay her). To say that he doesn't deserve more because he hasn't won a slam, blah blah blah is complete crap. Kournikova never won a single tournament title, and she didn't get scrap money for her contract.;) Anyways now that Reebok will part ways with Andy, their tennis career is now officially DEAD. Vaidfosova and Andreev won't do absolutely nothing to sell their products. They better pray they can find other huge stars to even come close to Roddick and venus. My bet is they won't for a while.

Andy is not Anna in terms of media drawing power. Yeah they do have more money to spread around now that Venus is gone but they are looking at Andy's results and saying "Is he really worth a big increase and another long contract when his results are sliding". I don't know the details none of us do but if he just asked for the same rate as his previous contract or just a slight increase then he would have no problem most likely staying with them. He is asking for too much and doesn't have the results to back up his star power.

Rex
04-16-2005, 08:08 PM
reebok get a lot of advertising from roddick, i dont see how they would want to back down. Venus is another player- but for the mens side, that only leaves andreev.

Saumon
04-16-2005, 08:10 PM

he had a french coach... he plays with a french racket...
why not? ;)

SanTaureau Fan
04-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Why do people, like... CARE? Lol. That's just clothes.

Havok
04-16-2005, 08:13 PM
True, his results are 'sliding" in comparison to his 2003 results, but the fact still remains that Roddick WAS Reebok, along with Venus (not anymore, but now who knows) so I have no idea why they wouldn't fork over more money to pay pretty much their olny star they have. If Reebok had many other top names then I would agree with your statement, but the fact that they have absolutely nobody as of yet who they bay big bucks to, this sounds a bit weird. Who knows maybe Andy as well as his entourage asked for a bit too much, or maybe Reebok just can't afford to have big names anymore (weren't they losing money resently and stuff? might explain why they dropped Venus and why they couldn't give andy an increase in pay.) By the looks of things, if Lacoste made an offer of 5 million $ a year over several years, I'm guessing that Andy's price he asked for is within range of the 5 M a year basis, and it just boggles my mind that a company as big as Reebok wouldn't be able to afford something like that. I mean it isn't even THAT much. I would really like to know the story behind this one, it's quite intruiging.

Oh and please note that I'm not posting to argue the fact that I'm right and you're wrong, just trying to make sense of this whole thing.:p

euroka1
04-16-2005, 08:41 PM
I would really like to know the story behind this one, it's quite intruiging.
:p
:
so when the Duck appeared in public recently with a bandaid over the Lacoste t-shirt, it was no accident then?

Yes indeed, there's more to it than we've been told, I'm sure.

MisterQ
04-16-2005, 08:47 PM
The trucker hat beret will win over fans of both continents. :hatoff:

Katdiva7
04-16-2005, 09:02 PM

:haha:

nkhera1
04-16-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm surprised Reebok or Nike couldn't afford $5 million a year for one of the most marketable tennis players.

misyou25
04-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Booo, I say. :ras: Reebok made him different from most of the others. His style was unique in a sea of ugly Addidas and Nike clothes.

that's what i say...reebok was sooooooooo cool

misyou25
04-16-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm surprised Reebok or Nike couldn't afford $5 million a year for one of the most marketable tennis players.
yeah...

misyou25
04-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Why do people, like... CARE? Lol. That's just clothes.
good point...

tennischick
04-17-2005, 04:05 AM
maybe he was asking for way more than that :shrug:

*SKYE*
04-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Yeh....who knows???

Auscon
04-17-2005, 08:11 AM
And just 2 days ago my Roddick Reebok gear arrived from Tenniswarehouse :)

not that I want to wear the stuff because Roddick wears it....looks like good stuff, and its fairly cheap....and for some reason you cant get international orders for Nike gear through TW

Peta Pan
04-17-2005, 08:33 AM

:haha::haha: Hilarious image!

As for the clothes... I couldn't really give a crap what he wears, I just want him to win games.

YoursTruly
04-17-2005, 03:54 PM

On to new and better threads Andy!

Exactly! TACKY! Anyways, I think Adidas is the best, very nice and simple but striking designs yet still classy. As for Lacoste, that would be weird because it's usually a European player wearing it, mostly French players. No, I think it doesn't match Andy's style and personality. I see him more like Nike. Actually, when Andy turned pro, I did think he was Nike from the start.

blosson
04-17-2005, 04:48 PM

lacoste beret!! :)

mitalidas
04-17-2005, 05:26 PM

that's because I think camp roddick is asking for a lot more than 5 mil
he is probably not worth a lot more

sure he has star power as a tennis player, but there are many more baseball, NFL, NBA, NHL and gymnasts and other such things with as much or more power

uNIVERSE mAN
04-17-2005, 06:05 PM
anything that stops the idiot from doing that irritating shirt picking

euroka1
04-17-2005, 07:56 PM
that's because I think camp roddick is asking for a lot more than 5 mil
he is probably not worth a lot more

I bet you're right.
Tennis game goes up, endorsement kick-back goes up. Tennis game levels off, so does endorsement money, particularly when they have to bet on several years down the line.

Adman
04-17-2005, 08:25 PM
I wasn't expecting that but who will have him now I wonder?

Whistleway
04-17-2005, 08:30 PM
>>that irritating shirt picking

Amen !!

Socket
04-17-2005, 08:53 PM
And just 2 days ago my Roddick Reebok gear arrived from Tenniswarehouse :)

not that I want to wear the stuff because Roddick wears it....looks like good stuff, and its fairly cheap....and for some reason you cant get international orders for Nike gear through TW
Send it back and ask for a refund. Tell 'em you want the Nike stuff Hewitt wears. ;) :p

euroka1
04-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Send it back and ask for a refund. Tell 'em you want the Nike stuff Hewitt wears. ;) :p

I'd want a refund too!

Socket
04-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Actually, I like the Peter Max-esque New York City subway map shirt. It's about the only Reebok shirt I do like, though.

euroka1
04-18-2005, 12:39 AM
Actually, I like the Peter Max-esque New York City subway map shirt. It's about the only Reebok shirt I do like, though.

I often wonder if it would have helped me when I was trying to find my way around NYC. It might have been a good investment, just in itself.

star
04-18-2005, 12:40 AM
ohmygod. And I always thought you a sensible person. :)

euroka1
04-18-2005, 01:26 AM
ohmygod. And I always thought you a sensible person. :)

Well, it might have steered me out to Flushing Meadows but I'm not sure I'd want to go there! :(

Socket
04-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Oh, the US Open is just great. The crowds on Saturday nights are fantastic. Watching on television cannot compare to being there in person. Just an electric atmosphere.

But if you use the Reebok shirt as a map, you'll probably end up somewhere in Brooklyn. :)

euroka1
04-18-2005, 03:08 AM
Oh, the US Open is just great. The crowds on Saturday nights are fantastic. Watching on television cannot compare to being there in person. Just an electric atmosphere.

But if you use the Reebok shirt as a map, you'll probably end up somewhere in Brooklyn. :)

It looks like that sort of a map! :(

But if LLeyton turns up, maybe I will find my way! :)

switz
04-18-2005, 01:09 PM
the all american boy in the most well known french clothing labels?? i find it hard to believe but certainly hope it's true as they are by far and away the best label on tour.

tennischick
04-18-2005, 03:10 PM
anything that stops the idiot from doing that irritating shirt picking
surely the shirt picking can't be worse than Nadal's capri-picking? :lol:

so is Lacoste gonna show him the money or is he settling for less?

*typo error edit

onewoman74
04-18-2005, 03:17 PM
I just love the Lacoste ad w Clement and Natasha Thomas(is that her name)?...I can hum that tune all day...pls don't f*** it up w/ Andy Roddick.

DAA DDAAA DAAA and it's over now...La LA LA LA

something like that...who knows the words?

Eve83
04-18-2005, 05:13 PM
the all american boy in the most well known french clothing labels?? i find it hard to believe but certainly hope it's true as they are by far and away the best label on tour.

LOL...yep, when I first heard about the rumour, I thought he would go with Nike, but apparently there´s something french about him...which is weird, but well, raquet, former coach. Who knows? Maybe Andy will even get Tarik back. He used to have better results on bad, bad, bad european clay :lol:

star
04-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Well, it might have steered me out to Flushing Meadows but I'm not sure I'd want to go there! :(

:lol: I was talking to Marlene there, and not you. Sorry. I should have quoted. :)

I just can't believe she likes the subway map. :eek:

Socket
04-18-2005, 05:33 PM
:lol: I was talking to Marlene there, and not you. Sorry. I should have quoted. :)

I just can't believe she likes the subway map. :eek:
I thought you were talking to Euroka, too! Anyway, I do like the subway map-shirt. I thought it was a nice way to tie in the tournament and the venue. And I liked the fact that so few non-New Yorkers knew what the hell it was. You know how arrogant and superior we New Yorkers are. Almost as bad as the French. ;) ;)

euroka1
04-18-2005, 05:40 PM
I thought you were talking to Euroka, too! Anyway, I do like the subway map-shirt. I thought it was a nice way to tie in the tournament and the venue. And I liked the fact that so few non-New Yorkers knew what the hell it was. You know how arrogant and superior we New Yorkers are. Almost as bad as the French. ;) ;)

No worries. We don't really take you seriously.

star
04-18-2005, 05:48 PM

worse than :p

tennischick
04-18-2005, 05:51 PM
... You know how arrogant and superior we New Yorkers are. Almost as bad as the French. ;) ;)
truth! ;)

sigmagirl91
04-18-2005, 05:59 PM
So, who's gonna be his apparel sponsor, Duckhead? :o

Socket
04-18-2005, 06:18 PM
No worries. We don't really take you seriously.
:sad: :bigcry: :tears: :sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric:

euroka1
04-18-2005, 06:44 PM
:sad: :bigcry: :tears: :sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric:

Aw gee, I didn't mean you to take it that badly. I should have known that New Yorkers are sensitive people. :)

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 07:01 PM
The new hat that Andy will be wearing.

http://www.uncommonhats.com/hats/duck.jpg

tangerine_dream
04-18-2005, 07:12 PM
So, who's gonna be his apparel sponsor, Duckhead? :o

I don't know but I hope it won't be the Taco Bell outfit that sponsors Nalbandian.

sigmagirl91
04-18-2005, 07:22 PM
The new hat that Andy will be wearing.

http://www.uncommonhats.com/hats/duck.jpg

ROFL!!! Makes Taco Bell look appealing.....they may put fried duck on the menu.....

Socket
04-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Aw gee, I didn't mean you to take it that badly. I should have known that New Yorkers are sensitive people. :)
We're not. We just know how to manipulate people. :devil:

;) ;)

euroka1
04-18-2005, 09:41 PM
We're not. We just know how to manipulate people. :devil:

;) ;)

No more sympathy!!

Socket
04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
No more sympathy!!
:kiss: If you ever decide to come to the US Open, I owe you a drink. :kiss:

euroka1
04-18-2005, 10:20 PM
:kiss: If you ever decide to come to the US Open, I owe you a drink. :kiss:
I'll be in touch! :sport:

Leo
04-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Lacoste is very cool and classy. Would be a nice choice on his part.

Melvins
04-21-2005, 10:58 PM
It's Official: Lacoste Signs Top Tennis Superstar Andy Roddick (AR.com)

Tennis Fool
04-26-2005, 06:01 PM
"As our contract came to a close, and after carefully considering what is in the best interest of our business, Reebok has elected not to continue this partnership."
-- Dennis Baldwin, Reebok's chief marketing officer, said in a statement on their decision to dump Andy Roddick. From Tennis-X.

Ok...Who dumped who?

Deboogle!.
04-26-2005, 09:26 PM
each side is gonna say it was the other side - duh. Typical PR Spin. Each side is probably a little bit right. I did read one place, though, that there was a "bidding war" between Nike, Reebok, and Lacoste, in which case would lend itself to being Andy (through SFX) simply picking the best deal and no one really "dumping" anyone. But I don't know if that was true and I don't even remember where I read it.

Fee
04-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Just like when he and Mandy broke up, whoever does the press release first wins.

Deboogle!.
04-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Well yea, except there are more facts with this instance, both "sides" "agree" on stuff - they asked Reebok for more than Reebok was willing to pay. Whether it was Reebok that said "screw you we'll pay you $X a year and nothing more" or Andy/SFX saying "screw you, we want $Y a year and nothing less" OR "Nike: We'll give you $A a year, Reebok: We'll give you $B a year, and Lacoste: We'll give you $C a year" - the end result in all three instances is the same. Reebok's press release says that "for business reasons" they chose not to continue the deal - to me that means "We were not willing to pay him what he asked" - if Lacoste was, he goes to Lacoste. It's pretty cut and dried. It's not like a relationship, where there might be bad blood and someone more "at fault" than the other.

But whatever :p it doesn't matter. Andy doesn't have to wear ugly pukey-colored tents anymore - that's really all that's important :lol:

euroka1
04-26-2005, 09:59 PM
It looked as if for a while, even Andy was confused as to what he was supposed to be wearing. Fortunately, someone had a bandaid! :D