Surbiton Grounds Passes + Queens questions [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Surbiton Grounds Passes + Queens questions

joeb_uk
04-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Ok i have just got my exam timetable from uni i have exams on the following:
tuesday 31
wed 1
friday 3

So this leaves me monday and thursday to go to surbiton, i would like to get a grounds pass (but are there still singles matches on thursday on the outside courts?). I may try to go to qualies on the saturday or sunday (but i need to revise also :D). does anyone know of the prices for grounds passes and showcourt tickets roughly?

It means i have the second week free also, which means i can go to queens for a day or two and get a grounds pass which i think are only 15£

joeb_uk
04-14-2005, 10:50 AM
It seems queens is 12£ plus 2.50 fee which is good, although i have to pay alot for travel. i expect it will be around 20-25£ for the train a day. They dont sell tickets to qualies, so maybe its free at queens? also does anyone know when singles matches are stopped on outside courts here too?

PinkFeatherBoa
04-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Queens: I think the qualies are free from what I remember. The last singles matches last year on outside courts , I think were on the Thursday. I particularly like to go Tuesday/Wednesday when the seeds start to play- 2nd round- as then there is a chance of some good names on the outside courts (last year I saw Coria on Court 1 on the Tuesday).

Can't help you on Surbiton, never been there. On the official website www.surbiton.lta.org.uk they say that ticket price hasn't been confirmed yet, so you might have to wait or phone the number on the site.

joeb_uk
04-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks pinky! i was thinking of going monday but marty told me it would be crap matches and the oop did look shit. so maybe ill go on tuesday/weds (but players like hewitt, roddick, henman im not really interested in seeing) so a grounds pass will be great. i will try to go to qualies also, but if the train is costing me 20£-25 its not really worth it, ill see if i can get a weekly train/tube ticket! any ideas how much one of those would cost?

Wulfram
04-14-2005, 05:03 PM
look here

http://www.lta.org.uk/News/BritishNews/050414TennisSurbitonTrophy.htm

The most relevant part

Ticket prices range from £8 on Tuesday 31 May to £16 for the finals on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 June. Concessions and discounts are available for each day.

Admission is FREE from Saturday 28 to Monday 30 June.

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 09:48 PM
It seems queens is 12£ plus 2.50 fee which is good, although i have to pay alot for travel. i expect it will be around 20-25£ for the train a day. They dont sell tickets to qualies, so maybe its free at queens? also does anyone know when singles matches are stopped on outside courts here too?

if the train is gonna cost you that mcuh you may find it cheaper to stay in london! there are some hotels around from as little as £15 per night

joeb_uk
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Éowyn - your a legend dude! thanks alot.
I dont suppose you know any sites/names of hotels near queens, if i can get them that cheap then maybe i am better holding surbiton and trying to go to queens for 4/5 days

ae wowww
04-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Queens, train will be expensive yeah-but tube is a couple of quid in Zone 1, and the mainline is a bit more expensive still, where will you be travelling from?
Surbiton quallies and Monday are free, and ticket prices are low throughout. I think outside courts are only stopped being used on Saturday and Sunday, but guys still practice on them.
Queens quallies are free also, yes. May be better off finding an F1 or some kind of cheap hotel, there are some in London which would save on travel costs (and effort).

joeb_uk
04-14-2005, 10:09 PM
I would be travelling from eastbourne every day, ill look into the hotels. cheers

ae wowww
04-14-2005, 10:23 PM
1hr30 from Eastbourne-->London Victoria. 19.50GBP for single, standard...

joeb_uk
04-15-2005, 12:20 AM
when does queens grounds open up in the morning ?

joeb_uk
04-19-2005, 05:50 PM
hmmm i just checked queens and you cant order 3 days at the same time lol! so you have to order separately which means 2.50 each time (but it allows you to buy multiple tickets for one day and its only 2.50 for how many you buy)!

Aleksa's Laydee
04-19-2005, 07:32 PM
when does queens grounds open up in the morning ?
its usually 10.30 :)

Aleksa's Laydee
04-19-2005, 07:34 PM
hmmm i just checked queens and you cant order 3 days at the same time lol! so you have to order separately which means 2.50 each time (but it allows you to buy multiple tickets for one day and its only 2.50 for how many you buy)!

ir u can just queue in the morning?

joeb_uk
04-19-2005, 09:54 PM
ir u can just queue in the morning?
not possible, i wont get there to about 11, earliest train from eastbourne to victoria 8.15 (2 hours) and then a 10-15 minute tube ride from there. maybe if im lucky, i can get there just after grounds open! thanks for the info, i have decided i will go saturday-weds(including weds) 5 days
whats the seating like on the outside courts? foldaway/moveable chairs or stands?

Thanks again :kiss:

joeb_uk
04-20-2005, 09:43 PM
i just ask about the seats because the stands make it more difficult for photo opportunities

Aleksa's Laydee
04-22-2005, 06:21 PM
not possible, i wont get there to about 11, earliest train from eastbourne to victoria 8.15 (2 hours) and then a 10-15 minute tube ride from there. maybe if im lucky, i can get there just after grounds open! thanks for the info, i have decided i will go saturday-weds(including weds) 5 days
whats the seating like on the outside courts? foldaway/moveable chairs or stands?

Thanks again :kiss:

moveable stands! photo oppotunities are really good...great views from the stands etc!

i might see you there on the tuesday ;)