RED ALERT...REEBOK and ANDY RODDICK part ways... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RED ALERT...REEBOK and ANDY RODDICK part ways...

Pages : [1] 2

sagroove
04-13-2005, 11:26 PM
I just got the word moments ago...after weeks of negotiations Andy Roddick and Reebok are parting ways effective immediately. My sources have confired Andy Roddick will be endorsing Lacoste Apparel. i am also told he will continue to wear the Match Day Pump (but not endorse it) until Lacoste developes a shoe Andy Roddick can wear.

Trust me this is not rubbish, it is all factual and confirmed.

sagroove

blosson
04-13-2005, 11:30 PM
where did you get this info from? you should post the source if it's a fact.

Tytta!.
04-13-2005, 11:34 PM

Ditto

sagroove
04-13-2005, 11:35 PM

My sourse is Jeff Priske, National Sales Manager of Reebok Tennis Specialty Division. Thank you.

surfpinky
04-13-2005, 11:39 PM
My sourse is Jeff Priske, National Sales Manager of Reebok Tennis Specialty Division. Thank you.

where is the actual article?

sagroove
04-13-2005, 11:42 PM
where is the actual article?

Not an article -- this just happened . It was a personal call from Jeff Priske. If you elect not to believe me - then don't. It will become public knowleadge most likely tomorrow - you'll see or read or hear.

Deboogle!.
04-13-2005, 11:55 PM
We'll find out for sure when things become official and news is released. Til then, sagroove, you're far from the most reliable of sources.

There have rumors about this for months and months so if it turns out to be true, it won't exactly be a shocking surprise.

Carito_90
04-13-2005, 11:57 PM
If it's true I will cry.

Deboogle!.
04-13-2005, 11:59 PM
If it's true, I'm glad it's Lacoste.

Carito_90
04-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Well I am happy it is not Nike indeed but... Reebok :sad:

surfpinky
04-14-2005, 12:06 AM
but, they gave him a line of clothing...

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 12:06 AM
sagroove says it i therefore doubt it! i aslo doubt it being lacoste i love lacoste but i don't know if they can afford andy! still we'll wait and see! i won't believe till i have proof

sagroove
04-14-2005, 12:07 AM
We'll find out for sure when things become official and news is released. Til then, sagroove, you're far from the most reliable of sources.

There have rumors about this for months and months so if it turns out to be true, it won't exactly be a shocking surprise.

Erm... I would think that Mr. Jeff Priske who sat in on every meeting with Andy Roddick's agents and Reebok would be "reliable" enough. But whatever....if it makes u feel better to attempt to make me appear to be "unreliable" then enjoy ....But you are going to owe me an engraved apology within the next 24-36 hours.

PS Don't be mad because I know more than you do.

BiancaUL
04-14-2005, 12:09 AM
I seriously doubt Lacoste would shell out the bucks that it would take to sign Andy and then let him play in Reeboks, even if it was just till they developed him something else.

They'd stick him in one of their already established shoes.

surfpinky
04-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Erm... I would think that Mr. Jeff Priske who sat in on every meeting with Andy Roddick's agents and Reebok would be "reliable" enough. But whatever....if it makes u feel better to attempt to make me appear to be "unreliable" then enjoy ....But you are going to owe me an engraved apology within the next 24-36 hours.

not to sound rude but, it's not Mr. Jeff Priske that we doubt, it's you, we don't really know who you are, and I'm not saying that you know him or don't know him, it's just that it's the internet...I could just come out and say that I'm Britney Spears, and maybe I am... :) ...

Carito_90
04-14-2005, 12:16 AM

Oh I wouldn't doubt it coming from Mr. Priske but as far as I know you aren't him, right? No, therefore you can be lying about knowing him, right? Yep But, then again, why'd you do it? I dont know, so many weirdos out there nowadays.
And no, I'm not saying you're lying, you might just as well as you might not be.
Yeah thanks for your help :)

and, apology for what? No one said you were lying, we just want official news.

snaillyyy
04-14-2005, 12:16 AM

I dont see anyone being mad here :shrug: We have been hearing these rumors for months, so until something is released from Andy, Reebok, or if it is true Lacoste, we will continue to wait and see.

Deboogle!.
04-14-2005, 12:17 AM
It has nothing to do with anyone knowing any more information than anyone else. It has to do with the fact that you have said bullshit "information" on here before. That's not my fault or anyone else's fault.

If it turns out to be true, then it turns out to be true. As you said, the "truth" will come out soon enough anyway, so we can hold off on the speculation til then. No harm, no foul. I will owe you no such apology because I haven't said anything wrong, just that I will choose to wait until it becomes official to really talk about it. If you're right, then you're right, but it seems like many of us are just going to wait til the information becomes official and if it comes as soon as you say, then it won't really matter, now will it?

Bianca, I would have difficulty believing that Lacoste would shell out that kind of cash as well, but of course stranger things have happened. Once again, we'll find out soon enough. If nothing else, Andy starts a tournament next week so we will certainly now by then.

As I said, it's not like this is earth-shattering news anyway. And as you can see from the replies in this thread, it's not like I'm the only one saying this. I'm just one of the few that remembers other ridiculous things you have said.

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 12:18 AM
and even if it is true we would not owe you anything sagroove! if would like to check back to when andy parted ways with brad you'll see that then too we waited for OFFICIAL proof and surfice to say you are NOT OFFICIAL

blosson
04-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Sagroove, no one is trying to make you look unreliable. We are chating in a forum where users are anonymous. We don't know your relations with Mr Priske, Reebok or Andy, therefore it's difficult to trust the news right now. As you said, we will all know tomorrow or anytime soon. Until then, they are rumous for us. If you are a lucky close person to Andy or anyone else close to him, that's all good.
Thanks for the 'exclusive news' anyway.

Deboogle!.
04-14-2005, 12:20 AM
guys, may I suggest you search for sagroove's old posts and read some of the drivel that he/she has posted before...

Some of my personal favorites:

http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=841327&postcount=1720

which is in direct contradiction of this:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=761423&postcount=26

And this is for sure someone who's mature enough to be getting calls from a major exec at Reebok: http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=703010&postcount=64

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 12:21 AM
is it just me that finds it interesting that sagroove has chosen to post this just after andy was caught out in the lacoste teeshirt band aid incident :|

would reebok really dumb andy haveing just forked out millions of bucks for the "what i am campaign" of which andy is one of the major stars involved.

could lacoste who's big stars are all french really fork out that much money for andy?

Deboogle!.
04-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Apparently, sagroove also knows Lauren Bedford's old boyfriend, the golfer: http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=677712&postcount=24

And he also knows all about where Andy goes in Austin... stalker much? http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=673198&postcount=20

Anyway, I think I've demonstrated why sagroove is far from the most reliable person. When news comes out, then we'll know what's going on. And really, as long as he's not with Nike or Adidas, I don't care that much.

Sjengster
04-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Don't be so harsh on the man, he speaks for the sartorially conscious element in all of us by wanting to believe that Roddick has changed clothing sponsors.

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 12:28 AM
nike were clearing out their players (mardy etc) coz they couldn't afford them so they'd never afford andy! and adidas just do boring stuff same for everybody andy likes being individual! so if he does switch lacoste woudl be the way to go! but still till i see something official!

Deboogle!.
04-14-2005, 12:31 AM
actually, JJ, the rumors were that Nike was clearing out some of their players to MAKE ROOM for Andy lol.. but once again, all rumors. rumors rumors rumors.

we'll know for sure soon enough. everyone just breathe :) :p

blosson
04-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Well, the good side of this rumor is that Andy might be Lacostes new poster boy, can you imagine him in those nice ads? hehe

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 12:39 AM
yeah i know but they didn't clear out many! and they then signed up some very big footballers in the uk that they said they ahd to clear other sports stars out for so who knows.. and i don't know if reebok would be that dumb he's been with them like what since he was 11? and they're only other big name tennis star they have is venus!

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Well, the good side of this rumor is that Andy might be Lacostes new poster boy, can you imagine him in those nice ads? hehe

but then i'd never see arnaud on tv :rolleyes: :sad:

Deboogle!.
04-14-2005, 12:41 AM
JJ, I've heard that Venus is not actually signed with them and that she just wears their clothes but receives no money. I don't know if that's true. Again, another rumor. lol.

I agree, though, that Reebok would be stupid not to offer Andy a lot of money, especially since they've pretty successfully used him in ad campaigns in the past, including very recently as someone mentioned. It also is hard to believe that Lacoste would offer him as much/more than Reebok would. But like I've said 2048209482094 times, we'll see :)

blosson
04-14-2005, 12:45 AM
but then i'd never see arnaud on tv :rolleyes: :sad:

eurosport pulls out that ad from time to time when they show some tennis. WHEN they show some tennis = almost never
:sad:

But i've seen loads of magazine ads with Arnaud. Haven't you seen those?

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 12:49 AM
yes i do thats my point but if lacoste signed andy they'd never show arnaud!

blosson
04-14-2005, 12:51 AM
ohhh isn't pandy a little better than arny?

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 12:52 AM
JJ, I've heard that Venus is not actually signed with them and that she just wears their clothes but receives no money. I don't know if that's true. Again, another rumor. lol.

I agree, though, that Reebok would be stupid not to offer Andy a lot of money, especially since they've pretty successfully used him in ad campaigns in the past, including very recently as someone mentioned. It also is hard to believe that Lacoste would offer him as much/more than Reebok would. But like I've said 2048209482094 times, we'll see :)

they sell the dresses with venus' name etc so i find it hard to believe she's not signed.

and it was me who said about the new campaign the what i am campaign only started a few weeks ago!. i think it'll be dead interesting if he does switch! *would pray for the return of the visor* it'll never happen but i can dream right?

PaulieM
04-14-2005, 12:53 AM
yes i do thats my point but if lacoste signed andy they'd never show arnaud!
but those arnaud ads are so hot! i feel your pain eowyn :hug:

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 12:54 AM
ohhh isn't pandy a little better than arny?

yes and no! obviously andy rates highest, as he is my #1 player, but as rare as it is i can see andy on tv when he plays they show at least some of his matches, arnaud is rarely shown unless he's playing henman, fed or safin (rare) so the only time i get to see arnaud is in the ads etc.

so it would be very sad to not see arnaud anymore

partygirl
04-14-2005, 12:56 AM
this is interesting but andy doesnt strike me as the type of guy only motivated by money ( but i dont know him personally) id think if another company made a great proposal he'd be up for the change, but the guy does seem pretty loyal...then again a lot in his life has been changing latley as he matures.

i think my point is reebok is good and i do like lacoste, no matter what andy wears hell make it look good and rep it with style like the superstar he is, I think he's that kinda guy-the clothes don't make the man! ( :eek: i cant believe a lable/fashion whore like myself just said that but it seems appropriate)

blosson
04-14-2005, 12:57 AM
see the bright side, Lacoste might do an ad with andy and arny together.. what a feast heh? mardy will be jealouseous.

PaulieM
04-14-2005, 12:57 AM

i've heard this too.

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 12:58 AM
but those arnaud ads are so hot! i feel your pain eowyn :hug:

i knew you'd understand

PaulieM
04-14-2005, 01:00 AM
i knew you'd understand
i was sad when tmc ended because there were no more arnaud ads. have you seen the extended version that's on their site, there's more half naked arnaud. by the way that *cough* download *cough* can you send that to me??

aceit
04-14-2005, 01:01 AM
I think that's right. I got this thing in the mail from Reebok (I have no idea how...maybe because of a USTA ranking? Hm.) And I was wondering a lot why they wouldn't include Venus's name, but that just answered my question.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/lbr11/reebok.bmp

Deboogle!.
04-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Hey!! That's superawesomecool, Lauren! You'd look uber-cute in that Reebok pink dress :p

star
04-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Since Reebok is using Venus's name on their site, I'd say they are paying Venus. They have a Venus dress or something like that, and it's a new one. Someone posted it on WTAW.

Anyway, Thanks Sagroove for bringing us that information. I'll hold off slaging you until it's proven to be untrue. :hatoff: Nice to see that you are still one of the most hated posters on Andy's forum. :lol:

I do SO hope this is correct. I've been praying for Andy in Lacoste ever since I heard the rumor he was splitting with Reebok. Time to grow up and look like a man, Andy.

aceit
04-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey!! That's superawesomecool, Lauren! You'd look uber-cute in that Reebok pink dress :p
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. no.

Thank you. I was quite amazed that I got anything in the mail that wasn't junk. The other side is a picture of Andy. Wooo.

Too bad I don't like their clothing because I get a discount now.

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 01:13 AM
see the bright side, Lacoste might do an ad with andy and arny together.. what a feast heh? mardy will be jealouseous.

aww that' be heaven!

PinkFeatherBoa
04-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Anyway, Thanks Sagroove for bringing us that information. I'll hold off slaging you until it's proven to be untrue. :hatoff: Nice to see that you are still one of the most hated posters on Andy's forum. :lol:

I do SO hope this is correct. I've been praying for Andy in Lacoste ever since I heard the rumor he was splitting with Reebok. Time to grow up and look like a man, Andy.

He's the poster you love to hate. ;)

I think Lacoste would be a great choice for Andy, so I'm not going to mind too much either way, the result of this news.

"superawesomecool" is oficially the best word ever Deb. :lol:

nb. i know i said i was leaving here- long story-anyway couldn't stay away from you lovely people and there's nowhere else on this forum where i can talk andyandyandy (;

Carito_90
04-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Too bad I don't like their clothing because I get a discount now.

Damn, let me use it for you if you :sobbing:

Golfnduck
04-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Hmmmm....I would be disappointed if he left Reebok, but at least he's not going to Nike or Adidas. Lacoste would be nice, reminds me of Clement commercial :drool:

star
04-14-2005, 01:18 AM
Clement :drool:

star
04-14-2005, 01:18 AM
At least Lacoste has COLORS!

Golfnduck
04-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Clement :drool:
Very hot commercial :hearts: :drool:

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 01:21 AM
i was sad when tmc ended because there were no more arnaud ads. have you seen the extended version that's on their site, there's more half naked arnaud. by the way that *cough* download *cough* can you send that to me??

*cough* i'll cap it *cough* hehe

Deboogle!.
04-14-2005, 01:21 AM
There's a difference between hating someone and not trusting what they post because they have posted ridiculous and contradictory things in the past. Especially since he/she only comes around to talk junk almost all the time. I'm just saying sagroove's record here speaks for itself. And that doesn't mean what he/she said isn't true, but it makes me want to get corroboration from somewhere else.

It also doesn't add up with the whole thing at the party in Miami - if he were going to leave Reebok, why would he have cared so much about getting photographed in Lacoste? Sure, it's possible that things were ok with Reebok and negotiations just went sour... but ANYTHING's possible. Which is why I'd rather wait til it comes out in the media. Which, if it's true, it will soon enough.

What, Jenny????? Leaving??????? Why?!!! You better not!!

and aw, too bad Lauren. :p

I agree, of all the available options, Lacoste is the best... but Reebok makes colors too, Andy just doesn't WEAR them.

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 01:23 AM
OMG pinkfeatherboa i just saw your av :haha:

star
04-14-2005, 01:25 AM

um.... yeah. I could use that too. For...... uh.... archival purposes. yeah.

PinkFeatherBoa
04-14-2005, 01:27 AM

Glad you like it. :) You can me Jenny if you like, saves typing out my long username. ;)

star
04-14-2005, 01:27 AM

*runs back to look*

:haha: :haha:

Breaking into a chorus of

Home home on the Clay
Where the matches seldom last less than a day....

Golfnduck
04-14-2005, 01:28 AM
I could use a copy too :)

aceit
04-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Glad you like it. :) You can me Jenny if you like, saves typing out my long username. ;)
I love it too. I don't know if I've said that but I must say it now. :)

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 01:34 AM
k i'll dig out my AO vids tomorrow and cap the ad and try and uplaod it somewhere. :)

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 01:38 AM

i shall try to remember that i forget peoples names quite easily

tangerine_dream
04-14-2005, 01:55 AM
If it's true, I'm glad it's Lacoste.

Ditto. If he must part with Reebok (noooooo :sad: ) then I'm glad he didn't sign up with Nike or Addidas or some other ugly outfitter. Lacoste is decent looking and not many players wear the stuff.

smucav
04-14-2005, 01:59 AM
JJ, I've heard that Venus is not actually signed with them and that she just wears their clothes but receives no money. I don't know if that's true. Again, another rumor. lol.This is not a rumor; it was in all the trade publications last August:Copyright 2004 Gale Group, Inc. ASAP
Copyright 2004 Fairchild Publications, Inc.
WWD
August 25, 2004
Pg. 2 ; ISSN: 0149-5380
REEBOK PUMPS RODDICK, DUMPS VENUS.
Byline: Melanie Kletter

NEW YORK -- While Reebok was touting its new Andy Roddick apparel line and marketing campaign in New York on Tuesday, one of the company's other sponsored players, Venus Williams, was noticeably absent. Williams, a Reebok-backed athlete for nearly a decade who often appeared in its ads and commercials, and Reebok have ended their contract, which was for a reported $ 40 million.

"Venus Williams is no longer under contract; however, we are proud that she has continued to wear Reebok," John Lynch, Reebok's vice president of sports marketing, told WWD via e-mail. "We have had a long and wonderful relationship with Venus that Reebok looks at proudly and warmly."

Venus Williams entered into a contract with Reebok in 1995, and renegotiated the deal in 2000. Williams' agent, Carlos Fleming of IMG, could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Marc Ganis, president of sports marketing agency Sportscorp Ltd., said it may be difficult for Williams to find a new sponsor at the price tag she is used to since she has been less focused on tennis and hasn't been playing at the level she did in the past. Nonetheless, Williams has continued to wear Reebok attire at recent events, including the Olympics in Athens, where she lost to France's Mary Pierce.

Meanwhile, Roddick took a romp through New York to launch his line of retro-inspired apparel and accessories developed in conjunction with Reebok. Roddick is the centerpiece of Reebok's global marketing campaign, which includes billboards, magazines ads and the clothing collection.

Fresh off his loss to Chile's Fernando Gonzalez at the Olympics, the 21-year-old Roddick hit the Reebok store and then moved on to Macy's Herald Square to sign autographs. Roddick said he helped develop the designs for the new collection, and especially liked the retro-inspired T-shirts and air-compression pump sneakers, which were first introduced by Reebok in the Eighties and are now making a comeback.

"I wore these pump sneakers in the Eighties the first time around," said Roddick, sporting the new looks. As he fielded questions about his loss in Athens and his prospects for the U.S. Open, Roddick looked calm and relaxed, although his hair seemed slightly more tousled than usual. "I don't use any products," he said regarding his tresses. "This is just my natural look -- maybe it's sleep hair."

The apparel line, which has just started hitting stores, includes trucker hats, retro T-shirts and cargo shorts. It is primarily for men, although there are a number of unisex items and a few products specifically for girls, such as T-shirts that say "Mrs. Roddick" and "I love Roddick." T-shirts retail for $ 38, while cargo shorts are $ 45 and the sneakers sell for $ 125. While some items are made of performance fabrics, many of the looks, such as the vintage style Ts, easily can be worn for off-court activities.

Roddick's visit is the first in a slew of events around town this week in anticipation of the Open, which kicks off Monday at the U.S. Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, N.Y.

star
04-14-2005, 02:21 AM
They are using her name to sell dresses..... I think some money must be exchanging hands.

http://store.reebok.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1415798&cp=1320286.1153208.1110274&parentPage=family

star
04-14-2005, 02:31 AM
If you go to www.lacoste.com/usa/ and go to clothing... and then to the Spring Summer fashion show, there is a video of Lacoste's new york show. Hunky men and some really cute clothes too. :)

Oh, and click on the "watches" section because there's a really great picture of Lacoste playing tennis.

partygirl
04-14-2005, 02:33 AM
Roddick looked calm and relaxed, although his hair seemed slightly more tousled than usual. "I don't use any products," he said regarding his tresses. "This is just my natural look -- maybe it's sleep hair

i refuse to believe that his hair stand naturally up just like that!!

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 02:37 AM
actually i've been with a few guys who's hair does do that naturally!

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 02:39 AM
i just realised that last comment made me sound like a slut didn't it!

andyroxmysox12191
04-14-2005, 02:40 AM
Like everyone else said....I'll just wait for it to come out before I believe anything :)

PinkFeatherBoa
04-14-2005, 02:45 AM
actually i've been with a few guys who's hair does do that naturally!

yeah, my best friend has hair that does just that.

adelaide
04-14-2005, 02:48 AM
ahhh the fond memories of the USO shirt & the hat. I really liked them.......

partygirl
04-14-2005, 02:53 AM
well however its done its a good thing!!! :devil:

smucav
04-14-2005, 02:59 AM
They are using her name to sell dresses..... I think some money must be exchanging hands.
http://store.reebok.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1415798&cp=1320286.1153208.1110274&parentPage=familyThe DVF line came out several seasons ago (early 2004) & didn't sell very well so there is still plenty of it in stock. Every store that sells it has had it on markdown since last summer/fall. Venus has been wearing those same designs since Australian Open 2004. (She briefly switched to the pink/navy ensemble the other RBK women were wearing at the 2004 U.S. Open, but had a lot of problems on the court because her dresses didn't fit since they were off the rack & hadn't been tailored to her.) She went back to the old DVF line again right after.

All the turquoise Reebok clothing that is new is currently being worn by Vaidisova.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-WAREEBOK.html

There have been many other articles since then (& she was asked about it at the 2005 Australian Open) about her trying to get a new clothing sponsor, but there is a wide gap between her asking price & what any company is willing to pay (which was the reason for the parting to start with: Reebok dropped her original option, but was willing to offer her a lower-paying contract & they could never meet in the middle.)

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 03:35 AM
smucav out of curiosity have you ever made a post that doesn't involve an article?

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 03:36 AM
ahhh the fond memories of the USO shirt & the hat. I really liked them.......

glad i'm not alone in that! :)

Havok
04-14-2005, 04:00 AM
Since Reebok is using Venus's name on their site, I'd say they are paying Venus. They have a Venus dress or something like that, and it's a new one. Someone posted it on WTAW.

No that Venus dress is not new. That's just tennisilove09 being weird and having to post every damn thing Venus does. It's her regular stupid black/white RBK dress she's been wearing for the past what 16 months now, just wearing her warm up jacket over it. As for the potential of Andy going to Lacoste, glad its that other than Fila/Adidas/Nike so he wont be a clone, but BLAH Lacoste has some REALLY shit clothes for men. Hopefully if this is true, they'll give him his own line of clothing and they'll have 2 power houses on both tours, with Roddick and Golovin.:)

J. Corwin
04-14-2005, 04:32 AM
REEBOK PUMPS RODDICK, DUMPS VENUS.

Just reading that line makes me :sad:

Venus come back :cool:

Becarina
04-14-2005, 07:02 AM
im thinking this stemmed from the band aid incident...as stated before. But either way, as long as he doesn't look like everyone else.

BTW, it is Roppolos pizza place in austin and I don't believe they serve beer. ;)

blosson
04-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Roddick looked calm and relaxed, although his hair seemed slightly more tousled than usual. "I don't use any products," he said regarding his tresses. "This is just my natural look -- maybe it's sleep hair

i refuse to believe that his hair stand naturally up just like that!!

My hair stands like that naturally and there is no hair product that can pull it down!

star
04-14-2005, 12:53 PM
No that Venus dress is not new. That's just tennisilove09 being weird and having to post every damn thing Venus does. It's her regular stupid black/white RBK dress she's been wearing for the past what 16 months now, just wearing her warm up jacket over it. As for the potential of Andy going to Lacoste, glad its that other than Fila/Adidas/Nike so he wont be a clone, but BLAH Lacoste has some REALLY shit clothes for men. Hopefully if this is true, they'll give him his own line of clothing and they'll have 2 power houses on both tours, with Roddick and Golovin.:)

I just hope he'll wear something that fits him. Plus usually the Lacoste shorts are actually shorts instead of skorts. :lol: But then look at Grosjean... he manages to have terrible shorts and he wears Lacoste. I think Clement is the standard for shorts.

Even if the dress isn't new, Reebok is still using Venus's name to promote it. I suppose there could be something in her old contract that allows them to use her name even after they aren't paying her if the dress was developed under contract, but that seems a bit unusual. Or I suppose there could have been a flat fee paid for the continued use of her name.

euroka1
04-14-2005, 01:19 PM
world-shaking tennis stuff

star
04-14-2005, 02:20 PM
It might realign the rankings. ;)

adelaide
04-14-2005, 02:47 PM
glad i'm not alone in that! :)
:angel: so much better than 2005 AO clothes, dont you think?

Deboogle!.
04-14-2005, 03:03 PM
BTW, it is Roppolos pizza place in austin and I don't believe they serve beer. ;) :haha: Thank you Becky... gives even more creedence to the "inside info" that sagroove is privy to.

gorgeous
04-14-2005, 03:38 PM
:haha: Thank you Becky... gives even more creedence to the "inside info" that sagroove is privy to.
:lol:
oh, and I'm still waiting for the BIG NEWS on ar.com or any other news source :rolleyes:

Havok
04-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I just hope he'll wear something that fits him. Plus usually the Lacoste shorts are actually shorts instead of skorts. :lol: But then look at Grosjean... he manages to have terrible shorts and he wears Lacoste. I think Clement is the standard for shorts.

Even if the dress isn't new, Reebok is still using Venus's name to promote it. I suppose there could be something in her old contract that allows them to use her name even after they aren't paying her if the dress was developed under contract, but that seems a bit unusual. Or I suppose there could have been a flat fee paid for the continued use of her name.
Well of course they're using her name to promote that dress. She and Diane created it, who do you think they'll push to promote that dress? Nicole Vaidisova who looks like a sort of mini-man? I'm sure they're still playing Venus something, but venus should just suck it up and resign with them for whatever amount of money they give her for the contract. She makes enough money as it is, lets start to wear new outfits because this one is getting oh so boring.:zzz: She's been wearing the same exact style of outfit for well over 14 months now, lame.

zoltan83
04-14-2005, 11:09 PM
As you said all, it's rumour. But if it's true, Lacoste is a good choice. :)

Éowyn
04-14-2005, 11:09 PM
so has this huge red alert exclusive news been announced yet? oh no thats right still no "major press release"

partygirl
04-15-2005, 01:34 AM
this "info" is beggining to look like a big :nerner:

Deboogle!.
04-15-2005, 03:07 AM
someone from austin on another message board says she saw Andy at the UT Gym working out in Reebok clothes today :)

Golfnduck
04-15-2005, 03:29 AM
YEAH!!!!! :woohoo:

Deboogle!.
04-15-2005, 03:46 AM
It's just a rumor, too, and it doesn't quite jive with the Houston Chronicle placing James, Andy, and Mardy at the hotel in Houston, but hey, it's just as plausible a rumor as our buddy sagroove's :p

snaillyyy
04-15-2005, 03:58 AM
Carole randomness for the night...almost 100 posts about a rumor :lol:

Golfnduck
04-15-2005, 04:41 AM
I love Carole's random comments :hearts:

Fumus
04-15-2005, 04:58 PM
This all cuz of the stupid band-aid on the shirt incident. Lets all move on.

snaillyyy
04-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Ok here we go folks-offical now :( :shrug:
Reebok and Roddick Seperate
Reebok Announces End of Roddick Contract

Reebok announced today that they are not continuing their endorsement arrangement with Andy Roddick when the current contract expires at the end of this month.

This announcement was not unexpected. Trade sources tell Daily Tennis that Roddick’s representatives are seeking a huge amount of money for his endorsement. So much, in fact, that both Reebok and Nike are not likely to step forward and pay the requested amount.

Now that Reebok has decided not to proceed with Roddick, it will likely be in a position to negotiate an endorsement contract with Venus Williams, whose endorsement contract with Reebok expired last year.

Speculation about Roddick’s contract is now centering on Lacoste as the likely suitor.

Oh and just incase it is asked..saw it on Bob Larson Tennis

blosson
04-15-2005, 07:50 PM
so he has not clothing sponsor confirmed yet. Andy better play naked then :)

Tytta!.
04-15-2005, 07:52 PM
No words

kiwifan80
04-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the info, Carly :)
Didn't know the same thing may happen to Venus

Wonder what the outfits gonna look like. The only player I think of with Lacoste is Clement, but he wears pretty short shorts. Can't really imagine ANdy in anything else, but Reebok. I guess, we just have to wait and see

kiwifan80
04-15-2005, 07:56 PM

snaillyyy
04-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Reebok response :rolleyes:
Reebok International Ltd. on Friday dropped tennis star Andy Roddick of Austin as a spokesman for its athletic shoes, apparel and accessories.

The Reebok-Roddick relationship dates back to May 2000. But effective May 1, Roddick no longer will endorse Reebok products.

"Throughout our relationship, Andy has always been a loyal ambassador for the brand and has continuously proven himself to be a player capable of bringing intense energy and excitement back into the sport of tennis, with a talent and charisma to forever change the game," Reebok (NYSE: RBK), based in Canton, Mass., says in a statement.

"As our contract came to a close, and after carefully considering what is in the best interest of our business, Reebok has elected to not continue this partnership."

A representative of Washington, D.C.-based SFX Sports Group Inc., which manages Roddick's career, couldn't be reached for comment.

Blosson :haha: :haha: nice image

Tytta!.
04-15-2005, 07:58 PM
blosson :rolls:

surfpinky
04-15-2005, 08:00 PM
that must have been a lot of money they were asking for since even Nike wouldn't pay that...

tangerine_dream
04-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Carly.

Blosson :yeah: Right on! :lol:

kiwifan80
04-15-2005, 08:02 PM
that must have been a lot of money they were asking for since even Nike wouldn't pay that...

I know, something tells me they were being a little too greety(sp) :rolleyes:

blosson
04-15-2005, 08:07 PM
one of the articles smucav posted earlier said that Venus was asking for $40million when she was dropped. the amount of money Andy is asking for could be similar...

i bet smucav will have the details and facts later. :)

surfpinky
04-15-2005, 08:11 PM
another news article, from forbes...
http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2005/04/15/ap1950787.html

kiwifan80
04-15-2005, 08:11 PM
one of the articles smucav posted earlier said that Venus was asking for $40million when she was dropped. the amount of money Andy is asking for could be similar...

i bet smucav will have the details and facts later. :)

Because she doesn't have enough as it is :rolleyes: Please, to me this shouldn't even be about money. It should be about weather he likes the clothes or not. But obviously that's not what it's about

tangerine_dream
04-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Ah crap, I should have thought before posting the news in GM. Now the obsessed haters will just accuse Andy of being greedy. :banghead: me.

thanks for the updates, guys. :hug:

surfpinky
04-15-2005, 08:21 PM
maybe Andy wasn't being greedy, but his team was :shrug:

Deboogle!.
04-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Erm... Andy makes his own decisions. But his management team may have advised him on what to ask. But the ultimate decision rests with Andy, I would say, and if he were that dedicated to Reebok, he might have said "it's ok I'll take a little less" etc. But he's a 22 year old male... if he thinks he can get that kind of ridiculous amount of money elsewhere, he's gonna go for it?

It's awfully surprising that not even Nike would pay what he's asking but Lacoste might, however.

It's too bad, but maybe he'll dress better from now on.

Edit: I just had to post this from AR.com.... :haha:

"OMG-WOW! WELL, lacoste is hotter anyway!! Rebok is stupid! Now im gonna never buy anything rebook again!"

Tytta!.
04-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Oh death :rolls:

snaillyyy
04-15-2005, 10:41 PM
holycrapola! typical ar.com language !! :lol:

smucav
04-15-2005, 10:41 PM
one of the articles smucav posted earlier said that Venus was asking for $40million when she was dropped. the amount of money Andy is asking for could be similar...That's not exactly right. In late 2000, she signed a five-year/$40 million deal where she got a certain portion of that upfront (a signing bonus) & had options for each of the remaining years (similiar to the deals that a lot of NFL/NBA players have). In 2004, Reebok decided not to pick up the remaining options (most likely because of her declining results from mid-2003 on), but was willing to offer her a new (lower-paying) contract which she declined (so she never collected on the full $40M). If she got 25% ($10M) upfront, she was making around $6M per year after that & probably asked for around the same in the negotiations with Reebok & the other companies she talked to later (which was reportedly about twice as much as any of them were willing to offer).

i bet smucav will have the details and facts later. :)I'm looking into it, but since I'm on sabbatical from work I don't have access to a lot of the resources I normally do. I have a sports agent acquaintance, but considering he works for one of the competitors, I doubt he knows the details & would only be speculating himself (he's kind of a sleaze anyway so I wouldn't want to call in a favor for something that will probably play out in the media eventually).

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/stories/2005/04/11/daily45.htmlAustin Business Journal - April 15, 2005
Austin Business Journal - 2:46 PM CDT Friday
Reebok ends endorsement deal with Roddick
Reebok International Ltd. on Friday dropped tennis star Andy Roddick of Austin as a spokesman for its athletic shoes, apparel and accessories. However, a deal with the Lacoste apparel brand may be in the wings.

In next week's issue, Street & Smith's SportsBusiness Journal reports Roddick could sign a major endorsement contract with Lacoste as early as next week.

Tennis sources say the multiyear deal would pay Roddick about $5 million annually, although other sources dispute those figures. At Lacoste, Roddick would become "the centerpiece of its efforts to promote its brand" in the United States, according to the SportsBusiness Journal.

The Reebok-Roddick relationship dates back to May 2000. But effective May 1, Roddick no longer will endorse Reebok products.

"Throughout our relationship, Andy has always been a loyal ambassador for the brand and has continuously proven himself to be a player capable of bringing intense energy and excitement back into the sport of tennis, with a talent and charisma to forever change the game," Reebok (NYSE: RBK), based in Canton, Mass., says in a statement.

"As our contract came to a close, and after carefully considering what is in the best interest of our business, Reebok has elected to not continue this partnership."

A representative of Washington, D.C.-based SFX Sports Group Inc., which manages Roddick's career, couldn't be reached for comment.
© 2005 American City Business Journals Inc.If this is true (& I have no reason to doubt something that comes from the Sports Business Journal), then Andy is getting a raise by switching companies & Reebok just put out that preemptory press release to save face.

Jennay
04-15-2005, 10:47 PM
I don't care what Andy wears. Just win. Kthanks.

PaulieM
04-15-2005, 10:50 PM
bring back the visor!

euroka1
04-15-2005, 10:51 PM
bring back the tennis!

NATAS81
04-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Bring back the Subway map!

Havok
04-15-2005, 11:03 PM
PLease sign with Lacoste now and have your own line with Tatiana Golovin.:drool: That would own.:)

BiancaUL
04-15-2005, 11:05 PM
I worked at a Reebok outlet part time last summer/fall and it shocked me how many people actually bought those hideous subway map shirts. Good times trying to pretend like I agreed with folks who were all "Isn't this a cool design?" when I really thought it was the fugliest thing that's ever fugged.

And $5 million a year from Lacoste? Wow. I still don't see them letting him wear Reebok shoes for any length of time, especially at that money.

blosson
04-15-2005, 11:13 PM
this is how Lacoste like to do their ads... :drool:

ps. is this picture allowed here?

http://www.quadrantcosmetics.com/brands/lacoste_pourhomme.jpg

Jennay
04-15-2005, 11:14 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!!!! :bolt: HAAAAAAIRY!

smucav
04-15-2005, 11:23 PM
And $5 million a year from Lacoste? Wow. I still don't see them letting him wear Reebok shoes for any length of time, especially at that money.They're already planning on coming out without a new line for Tatiana in May/June so they may already have a new men's line in the works as well.Ah crap, I should have thought before posting the news in GM. Now the obsessed haters will just accuse Andy of being greedy. :banghead: me.They're already accusing him of getting in a fistfight with Lapentti in 2002 so it really can't get much worse than that: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=33998

andyroxmysox12191
04-15-2005, 11:48 PM
eehh..I liked Reebok better (considering they were also my first shoes d: ) but okay....choose whatever you want Andy :) Just win and possibly look good (:

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 12:00 AM
I don't care what Andy wears. Just win. Kthanks.

Amen, sista!

And here's the earthshatteringly informative article from AR.com
-------
Andy’s Endorsement Update
By Staff
2005-04-15
As many of you have now seen, The Roddick/Reebok story is being picked up on the wires:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Althletic shoemaker Reebok International Ltd. (RBK.N: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Friday it will not renew its five-year contract with tennis player Andy Roddick.

Roddick, who teamed up with the company in May of 2000, will no longer be a Reebok endorsed athlete as of May 1, 2005.

As our contract came to a close, and after carefully considering what is in the best interest of our business, Reebok has elected to not continue this partnership," the company said in a statement.

Ar.com is not so sure about the business part of that decision. The latest report has Reebok stock down 2.5 points. (Ummmmm the stock market had one of its worst days in recent history today, methinks Reebok didn't drop b/c of dropping Andy HAHA)

The Roddick camp will announce Andy’s new partner next week.

Stay tuned for the latest breaking news.

kiwifan80
04-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Ah crap, I should have thought before posting the news in GM. Now the obsessed haters will just accuse Andy of being greedy. :banghead: me.

thanks for the updates, guys. :hug:

Uuhh. Not a hater at all. I luv Andy, but it seems like his team is. U don't think so? I'm just going by the article :wavey:

kiwifan80
04-16-2005, 12:06 AM
Anybody have samples of what he may wear?

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 12:10 AM
nope, we have absolutely no clue.

kiwifan80
04-16-2005, 12:16 AM
nope, we have absolutely no clue.

I guess, it will just be a surprise, then :)

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Yep :) Couldn't be too bad, I don't think. Lacoste's clothes are pretty nice. But I bet that a nice upstanding French company is not going to make him a trucker hat :lol:

on their site, they list who they sponsor. for the men, it's: Clement, Corretja, Costa, El-Aynaoui, Forget, Gasquet, Grosjean, Kendrick, Leconte, Llodra, Santoro, Stich, and Zabaleta...

Gasquet's been wearing solid (but nice and bright) colors in Monte Carlo. My guess is Andy would get his own line, if the Austin Biz Journal article is correct and they plan on making him a big deal part of their marketing like they do with Tatiana on the women's side.

PinkFeatherBoa
04-16-2005, 12:25 AM
So its official. Oh well, whatever he wants to wear is cool with me.

nb. This is me speaking before he has played any clay court tournaments, so i'm still optimistic. this is subject to change according to performances in said clay tournies. (;

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 12:32 AM
nb. This is me speaking before he has played any clay court tournaments, so i'm still optimistic. this is subject to change according to performances in said clay tournies. (;:spit: :haha: :haha: :rolls:

kiwifan80
04-16-2005, 12:32 AM
Yep :) Couldn't be too bad, I don't think. Lacoste's clothes are pretty nice. But I bet that a nice upstanding French company is not going to make him a trucker hat :lol:

No I think that's a strictly American thing:p It wil be a nice change(even though that's become his trademark)

on their site, they list who they sponsor. for the men, it's: Clement, Corretja, Costa, El-Aynaoui, Forget, Gasquet, Grosjean, Kendrick, Leconte, Llodra, Santoro, Stich, and Zabaleta...

Gasquet's been wearing solid (but nice and bright) colors in Monte Carlo. My guess is Andy would get his own line, if the Austin Biz Journal article is correct and they plan on making him a big deal part of their marketing like they do with Tatiana on the women's side.

That would be a nice color to see Andy in. I get sick of all the dark stuff.

Hope eventually Tatiana and Andy will do a commercial together :)

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 12:57 AM
No I think that's a strictly American thing:p It wil be a nice change(even though that's become his trademark) Yea, a very nice change indeed. I much prefer a backwards cap type look than the big trucker hat ;)

That would be a nice color to see Andy in. I get sick of all the dark stuff.

Hope eventually Tatiana and Andy will do a commercial together :) Yea, COLOR!!!!!!! :rocker2: Don't tease Naldo with thoughts of an Andy/Tatiana commercial :lol:

tangerine_dream
04-16-2005, 12:57 AM
Bring back the Subway map!

:yeah: I don't care what anybody says, that outfit was awesome :rocker2:

star
04-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Ok here we go folks-offical now :( :shrug:
Reebok and Roddick Seperate
Reebok Announces End of Roddick Contract

Reebok announced today that they are not continuing their endorsement arrangement with Andy Roddick when the current contract expires at the end of this month.

This announcement was not unexpected. Trade sources tell Daily Tennis that Roddick’s representatives are seeking a huge amount of money for his endorsement. So much, in fact, that both Reebok and Nike are not likely to step forward and pay the requested amount.

Now that Reebok has decided not to proceed with Roddick, it will likely be in a position to negotiate an endorsement contract with Venus Williams, whose endorsement contract with Reebok expired last year.

Speculation about Roddick’s contract is now centering on Lacoste as the likely suitor.

Oh and just incase it is asked..saw it on Bob Larson Tennis

So Sagroove had the scoop after all!! :haha: :haha:

He sure took a ration of shit here for it too. :)

This is excellent news. :)

partygirl
04-16-2005, 01:45 AM
is there a smiley with egg on its face available ?

does lacoste makes visors? :devil:

kiwifan80
04-16-2005, 01:50 AM
is there a smiley with egg on its face available ?

does lacoste makes visors? :devil:

I hope, I think they do for women. Tatiana wore won last Wimbledon, but Andy should seriously look into that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

kiwifan80
04-16-2005, 01:53 AM
Yea, a very nice change indeed. I much prefer a backwards cap type look than the big trucker hat ;)

Yea, COLOR!!!!!!! :rocker2: Don't tease Naldo with thoughts of an Andy/Tatiana commercial :lol:

Oh he's a big Tati fan too? As am I. I luv her:)
(sorry I'm new here)

kiwifan80
04-16-2005, 01:57 AM
:yeah: I don't care what anybody says, that outfit was awesome :rocker2:

I totally agree:) I miss that outfit so much. It was different(original) :worship:

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 01:59 AM
oh no, I really hope Andy doesn't go back to visors... no no no too immature for him.

There's no egg on anyone's faces. There's nothing wrong with questioning a post from someone who rarely posts and has some "inside information" and just waiting til it to become official. It's not like anyone called him/her a liar or said it wasn't true.

Perhaps we can only act based upon our own personal experiences, I've had tons of message board experiences where people pretend to have connections and make up all kinds of wild stuff and I've seen it get really bad and tear boards apart. Last I checked, there was nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution in believing rumors. :) And it's not like waiting a couple days hurt anyone.

yea, kiwifan, Naldo looooooooooves Tatiana ;) I don't think I ever properly welcomed you, so :wavey: WELCOME to our crazy place :)

Éowyn
04-16-2005, 02:07 AM
And $5 million a year from Lacoste? Wow. I still don't see them letting him wear Reebok shoes for any length of time, especially at that money.

andy has flat feet! so they have to make him special trainers! so until they specialise some for him they won't have a choice!

tangerine_dream
04-16-2005, 02:09 AM
I totally agree:) I miss that outfit so much. It was different(original) :worship:

I think there's only a handful of us who really liked the outfit.

btw, I wasn't referring to you personally as being a hater, I know you're not. sorry for the misunderstanding. :hug:

Éowyn
04-16-2005, 02:15 AM

well i'm sure he'd win something then! he'd distract the opposition somuch with that thing waving around they'd just give him the trophy to get him to cover up!

partygirl
04-16-2005, 02:16 AM
i really hope its lacoste anyway, check out the site it's good, really cute stuff for guys and girls, but the guys stuff is full of COLOR, lets hope that theme prevails with what andy chooses to wear. :p

kiwifan80
04-16-2005, 02:17 AM
I think there's only a handful of us who really liked the outfit.

btw, I wasn't referring to you personally as being a hater, I know you're not. sorry for the misunderstanding. :hug:

No problem, I'm just going by the way it seemed in the article. I'm sure it was Andy's "people" who wouldn't settle for less
:wavey:

Éowyn
04-16-2005, 02:29 AM
okay so i had a lil play and heres what i think andy could look like in lacoste

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/thewhiteladyofrohan/arodpics/hehe/10861195326.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/thewhiteladyofrohan/arodpics/hehe/Image1.jpg (well ya said ya wanted him in colours)

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 02:38 AM
I'm sure it was Andy's "people" who wouldn't settle for less I'm sure you're right, but either Andy is letting his people make all these decisions for him without even asking him, or he agreed to this hefty price. My guess is he agreed to it. If he'd been THAT loyal to reebok or REALLY wanted to stay with them or whatever and was willing to take less $ than his people thought he could get, I doubt his people would've gone against his wishes and demanded more than they were willing to pay

Éowyn
04-16-2005, 02:43 AM
the question is did reebok still want him! it could be nothing to do with the money! fact is it loks like reebok are abadoning tennis, they dumped venus they dumpes andy! which big name (or even half decent name) do they still have on their books?

Éowyn
04-16-2005, 02:44 AM
maybe he'll go all out lacoste and add the bandana too
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/thewhiteladyofrohan/arodpics/hehe/bandana.jpg

kiwifan80
04-16-2005, 02:47 AM
maybe he'll go all out lacoste and add the bandana too
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/thewhiteladyofrohan/arodpics/hehe/bandana.jpg

Oh God no :eek: :unsure:

Golfnduck
04-16-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm excited to see who Andy signs with. I hope he signs with Lacoste.

partygirl
04-16-2005, 03:32 AM
okay so i had a lil play and heres what i think andy could look like in lacoste

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/thewhiteladyofrohan/arodpics/hehe/10861195326.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/thewhiteladyofrohan/arodpics/hehe/Image1.jpg (well ya said ya wanted him in colours)

GORGEOUS!

Éowyn
04-16-2005, 03:45 AM
i think the blue would look lovely on him really! but i do like the orange! and i like my new visor i shoudl be a fashion designer don't ya think!
i could make a new brand called laduck
*wonders if she could replace all crocodiles with ducks*

star
04-16-2005, 03:48 AM
the duck for a croc is inspired. :)

Maybe a duck in the croc's mouth???? :lol:

Anyway...... I'd like to see Andy more crocodile like. :devil:

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 03:48 AM
A-Rod, Reebok set to part ways

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Darren Rovell
ESPN.com

The most marketable star in men's tennis is about to switch teams.

Sources tell ESPN.com that Andy Roddick is close to signing a deal with Lacoste. Terms of the possible deal are unknown, but the SportsBusiness Journal reported on Friday that a multi-year deal could be worth $5 million per year.

The 22-year-old American has been associated with Reebok since he was 10 years old. He most recently signed a five-year deal with the shoe and apparel company in May 2000.

But Reebok announced on Friday that the two decided to go their separate ways.

"As our contract came to a close, and after carefully considering what is in the best interest of our business, Reebok has elected not to continue this partnership," Dennis Baldwin, Reebok's chief marketing officer, said in a statement.

Although Lacoste has its roots in tennis, its endorsers in the sport have slipped in recent years.

The French company recently focused its efforts on signing European players to deals. Its lead endorser, Sebastien Grosjean, finished five straight years in the top 20 but is now ranked No. 32 and has not won a title in more than two years. Arnaud Clement is ranked No. 107, with a losing record this year, and Spaniard Alex Corretja is currently ranked No. 132 and coming off his worst year in more than a decade.

For those paying close attention, Roddick might have hinted at the future deal when he reportedly showed up at a party last week in a Lacoste shirt. So as not to compromise his current apparel deal, Roddick covered the familiar Lacoste crocodile with a Band-Aid.

Lacoste executives seem to be interested in spending more money to associate the brand with the tennis world. The company recently lost out in the bidding to competitor Polo Ralph Lauren to become the official apparel sponsor of the U.S. Open.

Jean Rene Lacoste, the brand's founder who, in 1926 and 1927, was the top-ranked tennis player in the world, founded the company in 1933. The crocodile that appears on the company's products was Lacoste's nickname.

The company not only makes clothing but also designer shoes, cologne, eyewear, underwear and watches.

Éowyn
04-16-2005, 04:58 AM
the duck for a croc is inspired. :)

Maybe a duck in the croc's mouth???? :lol:

Anyway...... I'd like to see Andy more crocodile like. :devil:

ooh ooh i could do that! infact i think i will

andywhobies i was looking for duck piccies and i found this
i found it hysterical. i'm sure no one else will but still gonna post it andyways

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/thewhiteladyofrohan/duckroflmao.gif

Éowyn
04-16-2005, 05:02 AM
The company not only makes clothing but also designer shoes, cologne, eyewear, underwear and watches.

demands andy models underwear :drool:

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 05:05 AM
Someone on another message board made an interesting comment... Reebok and Andy are both marketed as sort of "Regular guy" and regular person type clothes.... I wonder, if Andy does go with Lacoste, if they make a line for him.... if that line would be more affordable and more accessible to a lot of Andy's fans.

just food for thought :)

Éowyn
04-16-2005, 05:11 AM
quite possible debs!

personally i like the idea of lacoste coz theres a lacoste store (huge one) in london :) so may actually be able to get some stuff! strangely despite the fact there are flagship stores for adidas and nike in london there is no reebok store anywhere weird!

MisterQ
04-16-2005, 05:50 AM
ooh ooh i could do that! infact i think i will

andywhobies i was looking for duck piccies and i found this
i found it hysterical. i'm sure no one else will but still gonna post it andyways

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/thewhiteladyofrohan/duckroflmao.gif

:lol: that's great!

MisterQ
04-16-2005, 05:53 AM
I like the Lacoste idea. Our Andy is becoming a cosmopolitan wonder. :hatoff:

They should make him a trucker hat beret. :cool:

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 05:56 AM
They should make him a trucker hat beret. :cool::haha: :haha: I'm trying to picture that... and it's only sparking very funny thoughts :rolls:

Richie_Roddick
04-16-2005, 06:12 AM
I am very sorry about this, I really like Andy's Reebok outfit, those trucker hats, the cammo clothing, or what about the Figjam DMX tennis he wore last year, very cool all of them.

About Lacoste, they do cool clothing as well (not as Reebok do, but it's ok). The bad thing is that here, their apparel is too expensive, for example they want like $95 dls. for a Polo-Shirt!!! :eek: :eek: that's too much don't you think??

I hope they do a special apparel for Andy and keep their prices like Reebok used to do but a better thing would be that Reebok continue being his main sponsor.

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 06:17 AM
About Lacoste, they do cool clothing as well (not as Reebok do, but it's ok). The bad thing is that here, their apparel is too expensive, for example they want like $95 dls. for a Polo-Shirt!!! :eek: :eek: that's too much don't you think??

I hope they do a special apparel for Andy and keep their prices like Reebok used to do but a better thing would be that Reebok continue being his main sponsor. Yea this is what I was talking about... I hope they do this. From reading what people are saying on a couple other message boards, there are a lot of people that are actually concerned about it - maybe they like to wear what Andy wears and they can afford the Reebok stuff now at $30 or $40 but the Lacoste stuff as it's currently priced would not be feasible. I hope they, and Andy, keep that in mind if/when they design a new line for him.

Richie_Roddick
04-16-2005, 06:27 AM
And if you carefully see, Lacoste is only sponsoring "not so good" players, I think the better one could be Mariano Zabaleta or Albert Costa and their ranking is like 50 or 60.

NATAS81
04-16-2005, 06:29 AM
Those are two good players to admire for their passion of the game.

Richie_Roddick
04-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Yeah I totally agree with that, but compare them with Andy.

Current ATP position:
5.- Roddick
45.- Costa
54.- Zabaleta

You decide which one is actually the best.

Becarina
04-16-2005, 08:34 AM
now, just curious here, does this outcome change what your are going to wear? I mean, I love Andy, but I will not dress like him. I have some Reebok shoes, bit only because they are pink and are comfy. The clothes I have seen from Reebok leave much to be desired...in the womens department that is.

MissFairy
04-16-2005, 10:51 AM
from ar.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Althletic shoemaker Reebok International Ltd. (RBK.N: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Friday it will not renew its five-year contract with tennis player Andy Roddick.

Roddick, who teamed up with the company in May of 2000, will no longer be a Reebok endorsed athlete as of May 1, 2005.

As our contract came to a close, and after carefully considering what is in the best interest of our business, Reebok has elected to not continue this partnership," the company said in a statement.

Ar.com is not so sure about the business part of that decision. The latest report has Reebok stock down 2.5 points.

he Roddick camp will announce Andy’s new partner next week.

Stay tuned for the latest breaking news.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

roisin
04-16-2005, 11:25 AM
reebok! :eek: :sobbing:
awh but those clothes were so cool.....and unique cos andy was the only one who had 'em... :sad:

MissFairy
04-16-2005, 11:28 AM
THE GREEEEEEEN KIT IS NO MORE.

IM OFFICIALLY IN MOURNING :sad:

blosson
04-16-2005, 11:31 AM
I like the Lacoste idea. Our Andy is becoming a cosmopolitan wonder. :hatoff:

They should make him a trucker hat beret. :cool:

like these?

MissFairy
04-16-2005, 11:34 AM
like these?
ooo la la, Lacoste is a good choice i think.

there was an Article on it on ESPN saying he was cose to signing? It said it was worth $5 million per year for 5 years, is that alot..? I have no idea about the figures, but i think its a good option compared to Nike or Adidas.

Rbk :sad: (i wont get over it for a while, give me time)

k-rod83
04-16-2005, 12:19 PM
dont do it andy....dont go for lacoste.

you will become a chav and scally....next thing he'll get a deal with rockport and wear huge gold chains and tuck his tracky bottoms in his socks....for the love of god andy sign with nike...they give serena a clothing range they can do it for you....or get serena to do a range for you....a nice tight black leather all in one with holes in the butt cheeks....lol..

MissFairy
04-16-2005, 12:23 PM
dont do it andy....dont go for lacoste.

you will become a chav and scally....next thing he'll get a deal with rockport and wear huge gold chains and tuck his tracky bottoms in his socks....for the love of god andy sign with nike...they give serena a clothing range they can do it for you....or get serena to do a range for you....a nice tight black leather all in one with holes in the butt cheeks....lol..
:haha: Andy won't become a scally :sad: he won't be ultra cool anymore, but Lacoste tennis clothing is far from Chav-ish :)

and please, that image just made me nearly cry (with laughter lol)

sagroove
04-16-2005, 02:27 PM
So Sagroove had the scoop after all!! :haha: :haha:

He sure took a ration of shit here for it too. :)

This is excellent news. :)

Thank you Star. Just because in the past i have been a bit critical of Andy Roddick's eating habbits and training, I have never lied on this site - just offered my opinion which people like Deb do not agree with and elect to attack me in regard to it. I broke this story to the people here BEFORE the ap wire or espn. My information came DIRECTLY from the National Sales Manager of Reebok in the tennis specialty division who happens to be a personal friend of mine.

Thanks for the kind words Star.

Tytta!.
04-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Wait, I think we did not attack you, we just said we wanted to read about it to make sure it was true. We don't know you, we don't know whether you're saying the truth or not.

I wasn't going to post it but as you mentioned the name of my friend there I just had to say this.

euroka1
04-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Just because in the past i have been a bit critical of Andy Roddick's eating habbits and training, I have never lied on this site - just offered my opinion which people like Deb do not agree with and elect to attack me in regard to it. I broke this story to the people here BEFORE the ap wire or espn. My information came DIRECTLY from the National Sales Manager of Reebok in the tennis specialty division who happens to be a personal friend of mine.

Things can get rough in this forum if an opinion deviates from the party line.

surfpinky
04-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Thank you Star. Just because in the past i have been a bit critical of Andy Roddick's eating habbits and training, I have never lied on this site - just offered my opinion which people like Deb do not agree with and elect to attack me in regard to it. I broke this story to the people here BEFORE the ap wire or espn. My information came DIRECTLY from the National Sales Manager of Reebok in the tennis specialty division who happens to be a personal friend of mine.

but no one attacked you, we just wanted to see the news officially, you attacked first... I'm not saying that you do or don't know the National Sales Manager of Reebok, but you have to undertstand this is the Internet, people can say whatever they want. Like I could say I'm Andy Roddick...and I just might be ;)

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 03:38 PM
but no one attacked you, we just wanted to see the news officially, you attacked first... I'm not saying that you do or don't know the National Sales Manager of Reebok, but you have to undertstand this is the Internet, people can say whatever they want. Exactly. Thank you. :yawn: Some people need to get over themselves. Go ahead and attack me for being someone who waits for official announcements before I 100% believe them. Surely, there are worse qualities I could possess :o

Becky, it sounds like Reebok really did sell a lot of Andy's clothes. All I'm throwing out there is that it'd be nice - if Lacoste makes a special line for Andy, it would be cool if it were more affordable than the rest of their stuff. Besides that, it just seems "Un-Andy" to wear a swanky line that his fans can't afford.

Sounds like the AP spoke with someone from SFX.... battle of the words as to who ended the deal :p
-------
BREAKING AWAY: Andy Roddick, the world's third-ranked men's tennis player, won't extend his endorsement contract with Reebok International Ltd., and will announce a new agreement with Devanlay SA's Lacoste clothing company, his agent said.

Roddick, 22, signed a 5-year endorsement contract with Reebok in 2000. His agent, Donald Dell, said Roddick ended the affiliation because the company didn't offer enough in a new contract.

star
04-16-2005, 04:36 PM

:hatoff:

Welcome. :)

I know what it's like to be the dissenting opinion on this board. :lol:

It was nice of you to think about us, and hopefully you will get a better reception here in the future when you post. It's not pleasant to be called "unreliable" and basically be called a poseur and a liar. I hope you continue to bring us news and the sort of inside information that interests a fan. :)

star
04-16-2005, 04:37 PM

:lol: So true. :)

smucav
04-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Sounds like the AP spoke with someone from SFXDonald Dell is not just any someone, he heads SFX's whole operation in the U.S. He's the founder of ProServ, one of the pioneer sports agencies which he ultimately sold to SFX (which was subsequently bought by Clear Channel). Clear Channel asked him to stay on to oversee SFX in the U.S. He also is the founder of the Legg Mason ATP event & was the captain of two champion U.S. Davis Cup teams in the late 60s. He also still does some t.v. commentary for Fox Sports Net & The Tennis Channel.

Carito_90
04-16-2005, 05:16 PM

Okay now seriously, can you get out of this forum if you don't like what we talk about instead of complaining and complaining please?
You know tennis is played by ACTUAL PEOPLE with real lives. We sometimes like to talk about for example Andy Roddick the PERSON instead of Andy Roddick the PLAYER. Please sue us.

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Okay now seriously, can you get out of this forum if you don't like what we talk about instead of complaining and complaining please?He loves us too much, Caro! :hearts:
You know tennis is played by ACTUAL PEOPLE with real lives. We sometimes like to talk about for example Andy Roddick the PERSON instead of Andy Roddick the PLAYER. Please sue us.OMG! You mean they're not robots!!! :eek: wow, I had no idea. Euroka has obviously missed the concept that there's not much tennis to talk about when Andy's not PLAYING. It's not like we're ignoring the news out of Houston and whatnot. But we talk about it in that thread, not this one.

As for "the party line".... :haha: there is no such thing. Caro, you and I ALWAYS agree on EVERYTHING, right? :p

MissFairy
04-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Okay now seriously, can you get out of this forum if you don't like what we talk about instead of complaining and complaining please?
You know tennis is played by ACTUAL PEOPLE with real lives. We sometimes like to talk about for example Andy Roddick the PERSON instead of Andy Roddick the PLAYER. Please sue us.
:hug: Well said :)

For someone who so dissapproves of the way we run this forum, you sure do spend alot of time reading it/posting here. And that statement is totally false too, bonza ;) Free speech is encouraged as far as I know, as long as you're respectful.
We don't ask for much :angel:

tangerine_dream
04-16-2005, 07:36 PM
As for "the party line".... :haha: there is no such thing. Caro, you and I ALWAYS agree on EVERYTHING, right? :p

I know for a fact that you and I don't agree on a lot but we wuv and respect each other anyway. :hug: The same goes for all of the regular posters here. :kiss:

As for the useless whiny trolls who insist on posting their verbal excrement here . . .
http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_2_25.gif

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 07:37 PM
I know for a fact that you and I don't agree on a lot but we wuv and respect each other anyway. :hug: The same goes for all of the regular posters here. :kiss: Exactly my point :) :hug: it's all about the respect.

Carito_90
04-16-2005, 07:39 PM
He loves us too much, Caro! :hearts:

Must be so :p

OMG! You mean they're not robots!!! :eek: wow, I had no idea. Euroka has obviously missed the concept that there's not much tennis to talk about when Andy's not PLAYING. It's not like we're ignoring the news out of Houston and whatnot. But we talk about it in that thread, not this one.

Yes! Impressive indeed.
Exactly :lol:

OBVIOUSLY. Duh.

tangerine_dream
04-16-2005, 08:10 PM
I couldn't find a link to Lacoste at Tennis Warehouse, can anyone post pics of what the men's line looks like?

And I wonder if they have trucker hats? That's Andy signature look, he's gotta have the trucker hat! :bigcry:

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 08:12 PM
I'd bet almost everything I own on Lacoste not making trucker hats. It's a nice upstanding French company and trucker hats are decidedly American lmao!! Maybe they'll make something for Andy if he asks them to, but as of right now I don't think so lol!

Tangy, for pics, look up some of the players - Grosjean, Clement, and Gasquet all wear Lacoste - I'm sure there are pics at Getty.

I love Tatiana's outfit, I hope Andy gets a cool special line like that :D

superpinkone37
04-16-2005, 08:38 PM
wow, I just saw all this today. Not that it was unexpected, but still. I always liked Andy with reebok just because he wasnt wearing the same clothes as everyone else, but with Lacoste, it will be kinda similar so I guess I'll be fine. Like Jen said a billion pages ago...just as long as he wins, I dont care what he wears :)

Okay, so Andy has a new coach, new clothes....is the new found clay game comiong next? please?

roisin
04-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Okay, so Andy has a new coach, new clothes....is the new found clay game comiong next? please?
ahhh wouldn't that be the icing on the cake? with any luck ;)

star
04-16-2005, 09:12 PM
And I wonder if they have trucker hats? That's Andy signature look, he's gotta have the trucker hat! :bigcry:

Trucker beret, man. Trucker beret!

:banana: :banana:

star
04-16-2005, 09:16 PM

With French clothing, can a clay game be far behind? :)

aceit
04-16-2005, 09:18 PM
My theory is that Lacoste clothing can give him magical powers to win so let's see...

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 09:19 PM
My theory is that Lacoste clothing can give him magical powers to win so let's see...

:dance: let's hope! Maybe Carlos will help :p

roisin
04-16-2005, 09:20 PM
carlos is always so helpful and genorous ;)

Golfnduck
04-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Trucker beret, man. Trucker beret!

:banana: :banana:
That would hot :yeah:

Golfnduck
04-16-2005, 10:01 PM
That goes for any forum, duckies, hippos, fed express, etc.

blosson
04-16-2005, 10:03 PM
I couldn't find a link to Lacoste at Tennis Warehouse, can anyone post pics of what the men's line looks like?

try

http://www.lacoste.com

zoltan83
04-16-2005, 10:03 PM

It's the the official website of Lacoste http://www.lacoste.com/france/ (http://www.lacoste.com/france/)
Contrary to the USA version of the website, there is a link to the sport section but barely few pics now. :sad:

star
04-16-2005, 10:37 PM
The only thing I saw was a section that gave pictures and biographies of the players Lacoste sponsors.

But is the Lacoste thing a done deal?

Éowyn
04-17-2005, 01:54 AM
And if you carefully see, Lacoste is only sponsoring "not so good" players, I think the better one could be Mariano Zabaleta or Albert Costa and their ranking is like 50 or 60.

as a clement fan i feel the need i must object to that comment! he is a good player :smash:

Éowyn
04-17-2005, 01:55 AM

if you can't stand the ducks get out of the pond!

Éowyn
04-17-2005, 01:57 AM

thats a great theory dear :hug:

Dinkie
04-17-2005, 11:03 PM
I completely understand why someone like Andy Roddick would like to get more money out of a clothing deal. He is the number one American tennis player, he's young, he's popular with the boys and girls, he has an exciting powerful game, he has charisma, a good sense of humour and common sense. He needs to get paid for that, he's not a mediocre player.

And I am glad he left Reebok because the clothes were BORING! Although Lacoste is the other end of the spectrum. In The Netherlands Lacoste is still associated with Golf (the sport, not the car), 60-year old swank men and old frumps. But maybe I'm biased and the clothes are also fun for youngsters....
It's just that the Lacoste image is not something I see matching with Andy's personality. He should be wearing something like Quick shoes and clothes, that would be so cool!!!!! Check out www.fcquick.com !!

Deboogle!.
04-17-2005, 11:09 PM
It's just that the Lacoste image is not something I see matching with Andy's personality. Well I like the line they made for Tatiana - who's 17! It's classy but fun and youthful. I'm hoping that they do something like that for Andy, that he gets his own line and that it's fun and young :)

star
04-17-2005, 11:32 PM
I completely understand why someone like Andy Roddick would like to get more money out of a clothing deal. He is the number one American tennis player, he's young, he's popular with the boys and girls, he has an exciting powerful game, he has charisma, a good sense of humour and common sense. He needs to get paid for that, he's not a mediocre player.

And I am glad he left Reebok because the clothes were BORING! Although Lacoste is the other end of the spectrum. In The Netherlands Lacoste is still associated with Golf (the sport, not the car), 60-year old swank men and old frumps. But maybe I'm biased and the clothes are also fun for youngsters....
It's just that the Lacoste image is not something I see matching with Andy's personality. He should be wearing something like Quick shoes and clothes, that would be so cool!!!!! Check out www.fcquick.com !!

:wavey: It's funny that Lacoste is associated with golf when the founder was a tennis player. :D

If you go to the Lacoste website and look at the New York Spring/sumer show, you'll see that there are a lot of really cute clothes there.... nothing that an old frump could wear either. :)

I like the Lacoste tennis clothes for women -- minus those dreadful Golovin skirts. The ones for men are so so, but great shorts and I love that color of blue. I think Andy would look nice in blue. He could use something fresh and clean looking. The Reebok clothing is blech.

btw, did I see that Vaidisova is now going to be wearing Reebok?

blosson
04-17-2005, 11:33 PM
these are some of the existent lacoste tennis gear. we could well see andy in one of these next week. :cool:

star
04-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Love the hats, Blosson

Of course they need to be made of mesh to be true trucker berets. :lol:

Thanks for the pictures. :kiss: :kiss:

Deboogle!.
04-17-2005, 11:37 PM
I like the first one blosson :) Not next week, though.... Andy's still technically with Reebok til May 1 so he should still be wearing it in Houston.

star, Vaidisova has been wearing reebok for a while, they're using her in that "I Am what I Am" campaign and there's that new line of white and turquoise clothes for her, it's cute. Much cuter than any of the stuff Andy got from them recently :o

Melvins
04-17-2005, 11:41 PM
these are some of the existent lacoste tennis gear. we could well see andy in one of these next week. :cool:

I hope that with another clothes.

star
04-17-2005, 11:43 PM
you don't like those, huh?

I like the old ones with the blue on the shoulders.

We'll just have to wait and see. :)

Havok
04-18-2005, 03:30 AM
I love those Golovin skirts.:drool:

star
04-18-2005, 03:35 AM
I'd like them better if she had a cute bottom, but she's nearly flat, and when she is leaning over to recieve a serve I have a flashbacks to "plumber's crack" :lol: :lol:

Becarina
04-18-2005, 07:54 AM
I love those Golovin skirts.:drool:

I don't like, look more like Paris Hilton skirts to me. And you can get them at Walmart for $5.99. Yuck.

BTW< don't you think whom ever Andy signs with would have to make a trucker hat for him? That really is his sig. to me. And, as was stated before, is he really signing with Lacoste?

blosson
04-18-2005, 10:42 AM
no one knows for sure if andy has signed with Lacoste. my avy is just for a laught :)

Becarina
04-18-2005, 11:25 AM
no one knows for sure if andy has signed with Lacoste. my avy is just for a laught :)

and it is funny

Becarina
04-18-2005, 11:27 AM
does anyone else have 2 pillowcases with a dominate Andy/Reebok figure?

Deboogle!.
04-18-2005, 03:40 PM
It sounds pretty much secure that he's gonna sign with Lacoste, that's what the AP quoted as sounding pretty much like a done deal. I can't picture them making him a Lacoste trucker hat, but since I don't really like the trucker hat, I'm ok with that ;)

Carito_90
04-18-2005, 04:24 PM

uh.... I want Reebok back :bigcry:

blosson
04-18-2005, 04:46 PM
uh.... I want Reebok back :bigcry:

Don't cry. Lacoste is not that bad. But I wonder what he will put on his head. I hope it's not a bandana like JCF's. It looks like hospital bandage.

blosson
04-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Lacoste does hats...aww it worries me now!

http://www.paragonsports.com/Paragon/images/medium/770-04rk0777_pennantblue_pd.jpg

http://www.paragonsports.com/Paragon/images/medium/770-04rk0777_peach_pd.jpg

http://www.threebunt.com/2_fashon_img/img1015654386.gif

http://www.jalana.co.jp/lacoste/hat/img/t2.jpg

http://www.retailtherapyonline.co.uk/bbpics/lc4rb2295mkf_a.jpg

MissFairy
04-18-2005, 04:57 PM
ohhh Andy is so going to wear the Fisherman one :o

I like the Trucker Hat more than those hats, they don't look great on Santoro anyway :p

k-rod83
04-18-2005, 05:00 PM
the bucket hat....u just know he is gonna have to have that one lol

Carito_90
04-18-2005, 05:03 PM
But I wonder what he will put on his head. I hope it's not a bandana like JCF's. It looks like hospital bandage.

uh... OH GOD :bigcry: :bigcry:

Deboogle!.
04-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Andy's just not a bandana type. I'm hoping to see more backwards caps/fun stuff :)

Tennis Week joins the rumor parade :)
--------
Roddick Reportedly Nears New Deal With Lacoste
By Tennis Week
04/18/2005

The crocodile may sink its sporting teeth into the nation's top-ranked player. Andy Roddick, whose five-year shoe and clothing contract with Reebok will not be renewed when it expires on May 1st, is reportedly nearing a lucrative endorsement deal with French sportswear company Lacoste.

The fourth-ranked Roddick is expected to announce a new deal this week, according to his official web site Andy Roddick.com.

On Friday, Reebok officially announced it was ending its five-pact with Roddick, confirming rumors that began when Roddick was spotted with a band-aid strategically placed over a rival company's logo during the Nasdaq-100 Open player party in Miami.

"As our contract came to a close and after carefully considering what is in the best interest of our business, Reebok has elected not to continue this partnership," Reebok announced in a statement.

Should Roddick sign with Lacoste he will join a tennis roster that includes Arnaud Clement, Alex Corretja, Albert Costa, Younes El Aynaoui, Richard Gasquet, Sebastien Grosjean, Nathalie Dechy, Gisela Dulko, Tatiana Golovin and Jelena Jankovic.

smucav
04-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Lacoste does hats...aww it worries me now!I think those baseball caps might be for women. Tatiana was wearing black baseball caps like those last week in Charleston. Hers only had the alligator on the back strap, not on the front of the cap.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls=2=22==111593&nbc1=2

blosson
04-18-2005, 08:01 PM
i hope they are. i was worried about those candy colours on andy.

Éowyn
04-19-2005, 12:46 AM
i still say bring back the visor

robinhood
04-19-2005, 03:58 AM
Going from Ugh to Ugher

kiwifan80
04-19-2005, 04:06 AM
i still say bring back the visor

I second that. I don't see it as imature, at all. I just luv the look:)

superpinkone37
04-19-2005, 04:58 AM
the visor coming back? god I hope not..

but whatever... Andy, win on European clay and you can wear whatever you want

*Viva Chile*
04-19-2005, 05:22 AM
The Crocodile and the duck... what a society!!!! :lol:

star
04-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Looking at pictures of Gasquet from last week, I see the Lascoste things he was wearing were red and black. He wore white shorts but he had on a black shirt and then a red shirt. :ras: I'm not fond of the red and black combo for tennis. Federer had that beautiful blue shirt and now he's wearing some fuguly red and black number. :rolleyes:

But, the deal isn't even announced yet. I wonder what Andy will find to wear in Houston. ;)

Fumus
04-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Andy will wear RBK in houston he's under contract until May1st...silly poo poo star!! ;)

tangerine_dream
04-19-2005, 04:18 PM
If there's gonna be an alligator on Andy's hat, then I hope he flips it backwards. :o

I already miss Reebok. It was so "him". :bigcry:

Fumus
04-19-2005, 04:44 PM
If there's gonna be an alligator on Andy's hat, then I hope he flips it backwards. :o

I already miss Reebok. It was so "him". :bigcry:

I agree Tangy, it was like unique. Reebok...Roddick it just sounded right, and the clothes changed with his game. All flash and spunk when he was younger and then a more mature look as he grew into his game. I suppose Lacoste is the ultimate in that mature grow up look, maybe that's why Andy went with them?

Deboogle!.
04-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Why don't we wait and see what kind of stuff Lacoste makes for him before we trash it :p Maybe it'll be wickedawesomecool!

J. Corwin
04-19-2005, 05:10 PM
That's what I'm saying Deb! :D A fresh change for Andy...just anything new...maybe that's what he needs to get out of his mini-slump. :p

Fumus
04-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Why don't we wait and see what kind of stuff Lacoste makes for him before we trash it :p Maybe it'll be wickedawesomecool!

GOSH!

They couldn't possibly be as cool as this... :o

http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/RMRRVT-WH-big.jpg

http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/RMIPMGT-NV-big.jpg

http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/R155TS-GY-big.jpg

http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/ProductImages/RMDPC.JPG

http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/RMDNB-big.jpg

The lacoste crocodile saw that and was like....

Deboogle!.
04-19-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm sure they'll come up with something snappy :) If they're gonna put that much money behind Andy, I'm sure they'll get his input on it and I don't think he'll help design old fuddy-duddy type stuff :p

blosson
04-19-2005, 06:03 PM
georgewhitler kindly posted the new hat option for andy:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1537916&postcount=1556

tangerine_dream
04-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Oh how original coming from GWJerkoff :rolleyes:

Richie_Roddick
04-19-2005, 08:11 PM
I think Lacoste is much better than Nike or Adidas cuz they make the same clothing for all their players. For example look Federer's and Hewitt's apparel and its the same! as well as Moya's and Nadal's, the same clothing but in different colours.

What about Safin and Dent? they wear the same but in different colours.

All of them are GREAT players but their clothes are too boring don´t you think??

That was the Roddick's advantage with RBK, he was the only one. :)

Deboogle!.
04-19-2005, 08:30 PM
According to Tennis Week, Babolat is starting a shoe line and Andy will wear that.
------------
Roddick Reportedly Nears New Deals With Babolat, Lacoste
By Tennis Week
04/18/2005

Andy Roddick may put his feet in the hands of a familiar partner. Sources have told Tennis Week that Roddick, whose five-year shoe and clothing contract with Reebok will not be renewed when it expires on May 1st, will sign a shoe deal with his racquet company, Babolat.

Babolat is launching a new shoe line and Roddick is the company's most recognizable racquet endorser.

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Hey, I know I haven't posted in a while everyone!

Anyway, just curious--is Andy going to now be sponsored by Lacoste? If so, that's awesome. Lacoste rocks!! Very random though