If Federer loose in RG, I promise to disappear from these forums.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If Federer loose in RG, I promise to disappear from these forums....

Pages : [1] 2 3

makro120
04-12-2005, 07:42 PM
I seem to be more hunted than the duck in these forums, even by some fans of Federer. I see no reason to stay on a forum where so much anger is directed against me, so I will do a bet against the haters, if Federer doesn't win RG this year I will never post again in these forums and if he wins I want you all to stopp attacking me. I really don't like beeing labeled a troll and I hope this all to end once and for all. I am an optimistic fan and I really say what I think and am not moderated about how much I think someone like Federer can accomplish. Anyway, if that is a crime here I better get away from these forums as soon as possible, if Federer wins RG please change the rules (maybe you could turn your anger against the pessimists)...

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry, but Fed could win everything for the next 5 years and I would still call you FedTroll120. That's just how it's going to be.

makro120
04-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Yeah, but you don't have the guts to bet against me. No wonder you have Coria as your "hero".. :rolleyes:

tennischick
04-12-2005, 07:50 PM
I seem to be more hunted than the duck in these forums...
:lol: stop being dramatic. people are entitled to their opinions. ;)

Hendu
04-12-2005, 07:51 PM
I seem to be more hunted than the duck in these forums, even by some fans of Federer. I see no reason to stay on a forum where so much anger is directed against me, so I will do a bet against the haters, if Federer doesn't win RG this year I will never post again in these forums and if he wins I want you all to stopp attacking me. I really don't like beeing labeled a troll and I hope this all to end once and for all. I am an optimistic fan and I really say what I think and am not moderated about how much I think someone like Federer can accomplish. Anyway, if that is a crime here I better get away from these forums as soon as possible, if Federer wins RG please change the rules (maybe you could turn your anger against the pessimists)...

bye :wavey:

:devil: ;)

makro120
04-12-2005, 07:53 PM
:lol: stop being dramatic. people are entitled to their opinions. ;)

Sure, but having 10 people calling me a moron makes you wonder what you are doing in these forums.

makro120
04-12-2005, 07:54 PM
bye :wavey:

:devil: ;)

We'll see. :)

tennischick
04-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Sure, but having 10 people calling me a moron makes you wonder what you are doing in these forums.
i think that one of the norms of this board is that folks don't like gloating. you can celebrate your fave's win but you're expected to be sensitive to the fans of the loser. i have problems with that myself sometimes bec i feel restrained from showing how happy i am. then again that's what the fan forums are for -- you're allowed to gloat there as much as you want. although i have seen Becca threaten to bad rep people (on her board) for comments they made in their private fan forums. so there's just no winning this one. just accept that as long as you celebrate the awesomeness that is Federer you're going to piss off hordes of people on this board and end up feeling as hunted as the Duck :lol:

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 07:59 PM
I don't mind people talking about how awesome Fed is. Fed is awesome. If makro can't distinguish between talking about how awesome Fed is and .. whatever the heck it is he's been doing in the other thread.... then there isn't much I can do to help him/her out ;)

Sjengster
04-12-2005, 08:00 PM
It's funny how "celebrate the awesomeness that is Federer" seems to be a synonym for "trash every other player on tour" so much of the time. Some Federer fans have a line 'em up, knock 'em down approach to his opponents, and makro is easily the worst example of this attitude.

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 08:03 PM
It's funny how "celebrate the awesomeness that is Federer" seems to be a synonym for "trash every other player on tour" so much of the time. Some Federer fans have a line 'em up, knock 'em down approach to his opponents, and makro is easily the worst example of this attitude.
Mmm hm. It's perfectly easy to celebrate Federer's awesomeness without needing to rip into his opponents and write endless rants about how inferior they are to him, how they shouldn't even bother to turn up on court, how their gigantic lead which they eventually lost only ever occured because Federer wasn't really trying... blah blah and blah. If people don't like being called trolls, they won't do that. If they dont' mind being called a troll, then great. I don't mind sayind it ;)

NATAS81
04-12-2005, 08:08 PM
There are plenty of people who acknowledge Fed's brilliance, so as the man in my avatar would say "Adios, amigo!"

sigmagirl91
04-12-2005, 08:09 PM

If Federer loose in RG? Try lose, partner.... ;)
We don't want people getting the wrong idea.

Aguante_el_Gato
04-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Respect to the bet:
frankly, I didn't know anything of the rivalry that they have with you by your Federer's support.
I haven't visited much those forums, but I applaud your bet. I love that attitude.
Respect to the result of the bet:
I don't believe that you are going to win. But anyway, Good luck!

tennischick
04-12-2005, 08:11 PM
the problem i have with your position is that such fans are hopelessly outnumbered by nice fans like moi ;). but do y'all notice that? nooooooo...you're too busy tracking down and killing trolls. gimme a break yes. you guys are happy for the odd troll bec it gives you an outlet for your frustration over the fact that once again, Fed spanked your fave. admit it.

Dirk
04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Tennischick bravo. :bigclap: :smooch:

Dirk
04-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Sjengster I would like to know which players we trash?

Sjengster
04-12-2005, 08:26 PM
the problem i have with your position is that such fans are hopelessly outnumbered by nice fans like moi ;). but do y'all notice that? nooooooo...you're too busy tracking down and killing trolls. gimme a break yes. you guys are happy for the odd troll bec it gives you an outlet for your frustration over the fact that once again, Fed spanked your fave. admit it.

I'm afraid that's inevitable - it's always the extreme minority that attracts the most attention and colours one's perception of a certain group. "Nice fans" like toi are the ones defending these idiots, and using the old "You're just jealous because player X beat your fave" argument is a distinctly trollish thing to do. I've only rooted against Federer in one match this year, so don't try pulling that one on me. I don't have to be bitter about Federer's dominance to see that some of his fans on here behave in a ridiculous and indefensible manner.

Sjengster
04-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Sjengster I would like to know which players we trash?

The last and next opponent, usually. It's not a comprehensive trashing, but a disdainful dismissal of anyone below the level of Federer, in the same way that Williams fans on WTAWorld seem to ignore the existence of anyone else besides the sisters.

Blaze
04-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Everyday we are preaching that the players are becoming too boring in their efforts to be politically correct but yet such diversity by fans is being frown on in this forum.

As much as I may not agree with all the Fed fans, I believe we need people like Makro to spice this forum which is becoming as boring and politically correct as the US Congress.

Dirk
04-12-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm afraid that's inevitable - it's always the extreme minority that attracts the most attention and colours one's perception of a certain group. "Nice fans" like toi are the ones defending these idiots, and using the old "You're just jealous because player X beat your fave" argument is a distinctly trollish thing to do. I've only rooted against Federer in one match this year, so don't try pulling that one on me. I don't have to be bitter about Federer's dominance to see that some of his fans on here behave in a ridiculous and indefensible manner.

I undestand your problem with Marko. I do think his over the top goals for Roger are annoying but they are harmless. If you can tell me when he has trashed opponents I would be open to your side but I seriously have not seen that. He just is a rabid Rogi fan. Maybe a little too rabid but not a trasher of other players from what I have seen but maybe I have not seen it all.

Dirk
04-12-2005, 08:33 PM
The last and next opponent, usually. It's not a comprehensive trashing, but a disdainful dismissal of anyone below the level of Federer, in the same way that Williams fans on WTAWorld seem to ignore the existence of anyone else besides the sisters.

That is not fair. We don't trash them we just believe for the most part that they are the big underdog and don't have much of a chance unless Roger plays crappy. When he plays top players this behavior is not seen so much because they tend to be a bigger threat. The commentators and former players do the same so are they trolls too? The only match we can really feel bad about doing this is the Safin Semi at Oz, but then again could you blame us for feeling Safin had no chance. Roger didn't drop a set and was 6-1 over Marat. We had logical reasons for our position at the time.

shaoyu
04-12-2005, 08:36 PM
I am with Blaze and Dirk here. Makro, win or lose, we want you to stay :)

PaulieM
04-12-2005, 08:42 PM
a lot of the really hardcore rogi fans don't even post in GM, and those that visit the federer forum know that it is nothing but a very pleasant friendly place. unfortunetly a larger group gets hated because of a few over the top people. most rogi fans probably do feel that if rogi is playing his best he can beat anyone, but a lot of fanbases feel that way about their favorite players so there's really nothing terribly wrong witht that. i find it interesting that not many people complain about the recent onslaught of unwarranted federer bashing that has occured in GM, sometimes it's to the point where people get pissed when his name gets mentioned for any reason. i feel like some of the over the top stuff has been in response to that. :shrug:

sigmagirl91
04-12-2005, 08:44 PM
No, it's almost GS time, and the trolls come out in droves to see Federer lose, Coria win, blah blah blah....

tennischick
04-12-2005, 08:48 PM
i am actually not defending makro. i'm asking for a bit of perspective here. it's unfair to paint an entire fanbase by the behavior of one or two fans. that is just stupid. and i am suggesting that you get caught up in the antics of a troll or two bec it gives you an outlet for your frustration. be honest -- you're glad that there are fans like makro that you can attack and piss on. they make your day.

Angle Queen
04-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Isn't "fan" short for "fanatic"? As long as the curse words stay bleeped out, trash talk is OK by me. If it gets too bad, I'll use the ignore (which I've yet to do).

I admire Makro's attitude to put his money where his mouth is...so to speak. ;)

Sjengster
04-12-2005, 08:57 PM
I don't believe for one moment that the extreme fans represent the entire Federer fanbase, I never said they did. But that is how it can appear to some people, and when you see someone posting in the Federer forum that they hope Nadal develops a career-ending shoulder injury so that his "nasty, brutish" tennis doesn't take over from Federer's artistry, it doesn't help this perception one bit.

Actually, Federer winning his first round made my day, as well as Puerta's and Costa's victories. Attacking fans like makro on here is just a way of putting off the exam revision that I should be doing right now.

Dirk
04-12-2005, 08:59 PM
That Federer fan sjengster was trashed in the forum who posted that "Nadal I hope he gets hurt comment".

Sjengster
04-12-2005, 09:06 PM
I know that, I'm not suggesting that you all lined up to support him, but you get comments of that nature every so often from certain people. As I said once in another thread, it's probably wrong to call them Federer fans - they're Federer bandwagoners who can use him as a vehicle to put down other players they don't like, the most obvious being Roddick. You and makro are certainly not bandwagoners, and I know you've never wished injury on any Federer opponent, but makro's posts are an insult to common sense and the fans of every other player who is supported on here.

BlackSilver
04-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Makro is just a lunatic Federer Fan, but I don't think he is really bad, his crazy predictions don't hurt anyone and I don't see him being disrespectful with other players, the exception being Safin in AO this year. And if this case it's only an exception, he don't deserve to be treated so badly. But everytime he says that Federer will ein 6 or 7 Masters Series this year, he should be prepared to support lots of sarcasm

Dirk
04-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I know that, I'm not suggesting that you all lined up to support him, but you get comments of that nature every so often from certain people. As I said once in another thread, it's probably wrong to call them Federer fans - they're Federer bandwagoners who can use him as a vehicle to put down other players they don't like, the most obvious being Roddick. You and makro are certainly not bandwagoners, and I know you've never wished injury on any Federer opponent, but makro's posts are an insult to common sense and the fans of every other player who is supported on here.

Then Marko will have to defend himself a lot when he looks bad from Roger not doing what he thinks Roger will do. Marko knows that and better be prepared to admit that he overdid it and move on.

Scotso
04-12-2005, 09:20 PM
I didn't even know Fed took it up the ass.

bad gambler
04-12-2005, 09:26 PM
nice knowing makro

Sjengster
04-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Then Marko will have to defend himself a lot when he looks bad from Roger not doing what he thinks Roger will do. Marko knows that and better be prepared to admit that he overdid it and move on.

I'm looking forward to it; I hope he's right about RG, I really do, but the idea of Federer dominating the whole clay season is silly and undesirable, and I severely doubt it will happen. What I would really like is Gaudio and perhaps another Argentinean or a veteran Spaniard to produce something special, like stopping Coria from defending here, for instance.

It's not like I'm trying to get makro banned for his posts, they don't contravene any guidelines for this board or anything, but I can't let some of the stuff he suggests go unchallenged. Someone in this thread said we should be addressing the unfair amount of Federer bashing in GM of late; well, makro's posts only contribute to that bashing.

wimbledonfan
04-12-2005, 09:36 PM
I personally think Makro is on some serious drugs . This guy predicted that Federer will go the rest of his career without losing another match . How can you take this guy seriously ?

Makro , I really hope you understand that every players dominance comes to an end at some point . Relish these years because tennis is a sport that evolves year after year and inevitably a new player will come around and make Federer look very weak on the court . It might not happen soon , but as soon as he's around 30 years old ,he won't have this aura of invincibility surrounding him .

RogiFan88
04-12-2005, 09:39 PM
no sense arguing w the guy -- he's seriously deluded... living in his own little Fedfantasy world...

BlackSilver
04-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Hum, I hadn't read the topic of Coria talking about his biggest opponents on RG before what I wrote. I take back all what I said. All

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 09:53 PM
although i have seen Becca threaten to bad rep people (on her board) for comments they made in their private fan forums.

Person. At least, I can only remember doing that once, and it was recently. It was in the Fed forum and some troll said something about hoping Nadal gets a permanent injury that ends his career. I don't condone that brand of nastiness - in any forum. Or about any player.

And it wasn't a threat. I did bad rep him. I doubt he lost too much sleep over it.

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 09:58 PM
the problem i have with your position is that such fans are hopelessly outnumbered by nice fans like moi ;). but do y'all notice that? nooooooo...you're too busy tracking down and killing trolls.

I am unsure if this was a general comment or specifically for Sjengster.

I can say with certainty that I can count the number of obnoxious Fed trolls on one hand. Consider the number of Fed fans on this forum and well... you do the math ;)

you guys are happy for the odd troll bec it gives you an outlet for your frustration over the fact that once again, Fed spanked your fave. admit it.

Personally, I even make fun of the Coria trolls when I'm in the mood. And I like Coria. So oops, there goes that theory. At least in my case. I'm sure it's true for some people.

Ignore me if this was not a general observation, but it did sound like one ;)

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 10:00 PM
As much as I may not agree with all the Fed fans, I believe we need people like Makro to spice this forum which is becoming as boring and politically correct as the US Congress.

I don't entirely disagree. If not for Makro, what else would I have had to supplement my piss boring final exam paper that I just finished writing 15 minutes ago? :p

I'd hardly say that Makro makes this forum any better, but most of us don't. Myself included. And I don't plan on leaving, until my eventual banning (wait for it!), sooo..... :)

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't believe for one moment that the extreme fans represent the entire Federer fanbase, I never said they did. But that is how it can appear to some people, and when you see someone posting in the Federer forum that they hope Nadal develops a career-ending shoulder injury so that his "nasty, brutish" tennis doesn't take over from Federer's artistry, it doesn't help this perception one bit.

Yeah, see, this is the post that I bad repped. I'd do the same if I saw similar rubbish in any of the fan forums that I bother to read (nadal's, roddick's, etc).

And I hear ya on the exam revision. Blech. Blech. BLECH.

makro120
04-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Respect to the bet:
frankly, I didn't know anything of the rivalry that they have with you by your Federer's support.
I haven't visited much those forums, but I applaud your bet. I love that attitude.
Respect to the result of the bet:
I don't believe that you are going to win. But anyway, Good luck!

Thank you. :)

CassL
04-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Good riddance. One less troll and the board gets cleaner.

lucashg
04-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Marko seems so clueless about his attitudes that annoys me a bit. He obviously should know why he is hunted more than anyone else predicting Federer's illusional career accomplishments and gloating about his latest results the way he does.

As much as you can classify it is as harmless (and I kinda believe it is), it's still annoying for most people. He seems to be like a true Federer fan, but all the gloating is so typical of bandwagoners that makes me wonder for a second everytime I see him bursting as to how good Federer is and how bad he is gonna destroy his opponent.

He is however, no example of the general status of the Federer fanbase. In fact, trolls never really are a true example of some player's fanbase. If they were, can you imagine how bad I'd be thinking about Ljubicic's one because some croats? Hm. Not to mention Roddick, Safin, Hewitt, Gaudio, Moya. They all have trolls jumping on their bandwagon every now and then. But I have to agree with Sjengster that unfortunately, these people are the ones who stand out the most, but then again... it's probably because it's an outlet to most to bash the players who are beating their favorites, as tennischick said. But good sense says that we should be able to see that.

Regarding Marko's bet - I'd like for you to be around after RG, then. But I can see that - if you lose the bet, you won't stay because people will hunt you down and make you the joke of the year, and if Federer manages to win, then you'll stay to gloat about this magnificent accomplishment. :rolleyes:

makro120
04-12-2005, 10:23 PM
The only players I have not respect for is Coria and Roddick, but with time I seem to like Roddick more and more. Coria is the only player I really hate, becasue of so many things. The 1st is that he is a cheater, many of his fans are just as arrogant about how little chanse Federer has on RG, as I may seem about his chanses. Also I don't like Coria's attitude on the pitch, overall I expect to get attack from Coria fans from attacking him. But this is not about them, but about all people who have attacked me. That is ok, attack me but atleast have the guts to stand against me in my bet.

If Federer wins RG, just stop it. IF Federer wins 2 TMC clay titles and 1 RG, if you really think I am nuts thinking this and that pigs will fly maybe you should make pigs fly!

I can take the attack, I am not saying you are wrong attacking me. But I will in the end either be right or wrong or somewhere between. I think you are are really scared I might be right and don't dare to take the bet seriously.

federer express
04-12-2005, 10:25 PM
I can take the attack, I am not saying you are wrong attacking me. But I will in the end either be right or wrong or somewhere between. I think you are are really scared I might be right and don't dare to take the bet seriously.

decent bet. and in my opinion federer is one of the three or four men most likely to win the french this year. will he?....we'll soon know!

Sjengster
04-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Fine. It's a win-win situation for me, if you're wrong then I can mock the stupidity of your prediction, if you're right then I'll be so happy about Federer winning RG that I won't even care about you, or indeed this forum for a little while.

makro120
04-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Regarding Marko's bet - I'd like for you to be around after RG, then. But I can see that - if you lose the bet, you won't stay because people will hunt you down and make you the joke of the year, and if Federer manages to win, then you'll stay to gloat about this magnificent accomplishment. :rolleyes:

Ok, I can stay until wimbledon to make my bet even more daring. I agree with you there is something cowardly about just leaving and not standing for what you have said, so I will be here and be the joke of the year for all of you.

If Federer wins 2 TMC clay titles and RG I expect official excuses from some of you anyway.

AND I WANT TO SEE PIGS FLYING! :devil:

federer express
04-12-2005, 10:30 PM
edberg came so close to winning the french, as did mcenroe. becker and sampras both made the semis. leconte made the final. and noah did win it. so...does federer have a good chance of winning there? hell yeah!! :)

makro120
04-12-2005, 10:37 PM
and if Federer manages to win, then you'll stay to gloat about this magnificent accomplishment. :rolleyes:

You know what, the greatest pleasure will be to just be around here not saying anything, just hearing all the excuses from the losers. I don't know if there will be any words worthy Federer's accomplishment.

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 10:55 PM
many of his fans are just as arrogant about how little chanse Federer has on RG

Provide clear, specific examples of this.

Or sit down and shut the fuck up.

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 10:56 PM
I've come to the conclusion that makro lives in his/her own delusional world, which is full of Federer haters who are out to get her/him. *sniff*

Don't worry, you share this delusional with about two other posters around here.

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 10:57 PM
And before I lay into Makro any further... how old are you, dear?

sigmagirl91
04-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Makro is approximately 5 1/2 years old.

makro120
04-12-2005, 11:17 PM
I will not sit and argue with you people anymore, I just did my bet and please atleast insult me after I have lost.

soonha
04-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Provide clear, specific examples of this.

Or sit down and shut the fuck up.

Would you please watch your language? Thank you :) .

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 11:20 PM
I will not sit and argue with you people anymore, I just did my bet and please atleast insult me after I have lost.
Your bet makes no sense because you're a creature of delusions.

If you truly are about 5 years old, as sigma suggested, I shouldn't be bothering you in the first place. Now, you can save us both a lot of trouble by simply answering the question.

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Would you please watch your language? Thank you :) .
No. But thanks or asking so politely.

soonha
04-12-2005, 11:25 PM
No. But thanks or asking so politely.

Why not, may I ask?

Fedex
04-12-2005, 11:25 PM
No, it's almost GS time, and the trolls come out in droves to see Federer lose, Coria win, blah blah blah....
I'll be ready for it when the time comes. :) :)

makro120
04-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Your bet makes no sense because you're a creature of delusions.

If you truly are about 5 years old, as sigma suggested, I shouldn't be bothering you in the first place. Now, you can save us both a lot of trouble by simply answering the question.

A beam of length 30 feet stands against a wall. The upper end has slipped down a distance of 6 feet. How far did the lower end move?

If you are old enought to answer this very, very simple problem you will know how old I am.

sigmagirl91
04-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Oh...zero....you're less than a year old!!! Omigosh, Chloe, you need to stop posting NOW!!!!

makro120
04-12-2005, 11:41 PM
Oh...zero....you're less than a year old!!! Omigosh, Chloe, you need to stop posting NOW!!!!

Right.... :rolleyes:

How old are you?

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 11:46 PM
makro, I could have solved that problem ten years ago. Why you are taking this as an insult, I have no clue. I merely asked how old you were as a reference point.

That, and why you think being able to solve a basic highschool math problem would give any indication or your age or mine is beyond me.

Rogiman
04-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Why not, may I ask?

Because we're not in a fucking church, we're in a fucking tennis forum, we're here to have fun - there's a whole fucking world outside where we can pretend to be different from what we really are :)

makro120
04-12-2005, 11:49 PM
makro, I could have solved that problem ten years ago. Why you are taking this as an insult, I have no clue. I merely asked how old you were as a reference point.

That, and why you think being able to solve a basic highschool math problem would give any indication or your age or mine is beyond me.

Why? Because I doubted you could solve a simple high school problem, but now when you can you atleast know my age. Yeah, then insult me the hardest way...

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Because we're not in a fucking church, we're in a fucking tennis forum, we're here to have fun - there's a whole fucking world outside where we can pretend to be different from what we really are :)

Heh. I was going to put it a little nicer than this ;)

My answer:

Frankly, I don't see the fuss over the word "fuck". Words are just word. They only carry the meaning that we allow them to. If you find the word "fuck" deeply upsetting, then I suggest you just put me on ignore. I will use the word as occasionally and freely as I use "bloody", "damn" or whatever other word I feel like throwing into a sentence for emphasis.

Granted, I won't be doing this at any job interview in the near future, but I think that Rogiman pretty much got that part covered.

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Why? Because I doubted you could solve a simple high school problem, but now when you can you atleast know my age. Yeah, then insult me the hardest way...
makro, I don't think that you're understanding me. It's probably an english issue.

makro120
04-12-2005, 11:51 PM
makro, I don't think that you're understanding me. It's probably an english issue.

I don't think you understood the problem, if you would understand you should know my age by now.

Rogiman
04-12-2005, 11:53 PM
I don't think you understood the problem, if you would understand you should know my age by now.

Was the beam perpendicular to the floor in the first place?

makro120
04-12-2005, 11:54 PM

In the 1st place the beam was standing with both the lower and upper end against the wall.

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Details.

Even with adequate details I'm not going to solve a problem simply because a poster is too stupid to answer the question asked. If it make makro feel better to think that this is because I can't solve a basic pythagorean theorum problem, I'm not losing too much sleep over the matter ;)

Much like marko won't lose any more sleep over my calling her FedTroll120. I can hardly wait until the illiterate one rolls up to RG and is still going on about how I'm a Coria-Loving-Fed-Hater who thinks that Fed has no chance to win.

Talk about a complete failure to rub two brain cells together.

Nap time ;)

NYCtennisfan
04-12-2005, 11:58 PM
makro120, don't take things so personally. This is a public forum and it allows people to act in ways and say things they wouldn't say to other people. You say outlandish things but hey, they're entertaining. I like having all sorts of characters on the board. The people that aren't fun to have around are the holier-than-thous who constantly call others morons and what not. If you don't like what this guy has to say, ignore it! Or call him out on it and discuss it without calling him a moron.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:01 AM
He's 18 becca...

Chloe le Bopper
NYCtennisfan - I'll call people whatever I deem suitable. Funny that you make reference to the "holier than thous" while barking your own instructions about how one ought to behave.

Chloe le Bopper
He's 18 becca...
Thank you captain obvious. Check your rep comment and remember what my minor is and you'd realize that I don't need help subtracting 576 from 900 and taking the square root for it. :retard:

The point was that instead of simply answering the question, makro decided to be a complete fucking tool and try to impress us with his stunning knowledge of grade 9 math. Forgive me for not wanting to bother with it ;)

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:02 AM
It does explain though why he's a bit childish

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Thank you captain obvious. Check your rep comment and remember what my minor is and you'd realize that I don't need help subtracting 576 from 900 and taking the square root for it. :retard:

I thought you just wouldn't bother...

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:06 AM
Details.

Even with adequate details I'm not going to solve a problem simply because a poster is too stupid to answer the question asked. If it make makro feel better to think that this is because I can't solve a basic math problem, I'm not losing too much sleep over the matter ;)

Much like marko won't lose any more sleep over my calling her FedTroll120. I can hardly wait until the illiterate one rolls up to RG and is still going on about how I'm a Coria-Loving-Fed-Hater who thinks that Fed has no chance to win.

Talk about a complete failure to rub two brain cells together.

Nap time ;)

Take it easy, I have seen worse than you around here...

But do you think I am stupid enought to give you a simple answer to your question about my age after all joking about my age?

Why? Why do you want my age if not for something to insult (is there anything else you can do than insulting)? I gave you the chanse but I agree, it is better to go to sleep than finding new ways to insult me.

Have sweet dreams about your hero Coria.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 12:06 AM
I thought you just wouldn't bother...
I wouldn't have, but your posted made it sound as if I didn't know how to do it. I'm sure that wasn't your intent, but that is sure how it came off.

Hopefully next year makro will impress us by demonstrating that he knows how to take a basic derrivative.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Why? Why do you want my age if not for something to insult (is there anything else you can do than insulting)? I gave you the chanse but I agree, it is better to go to sleep than finding new ways to insult me.

I think she actually wanted to make sure she wasn't insulting someone really young.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Take it easy, I have seen worse than you around here...

But do you think I am stupid enought to give you a simple answer to your question about my age after all joking about my age?

Have sweet dreams about your hero Coria.
I asked you your age because if you were actually 12 years old - as I had suspected- I shouldn't be procrastinating bickering with you. Even I have limits.

Yes, Coria my hero. I'm glad you noticed. Hopefully PIMP makes an appearance too.

Now I go ;)

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 12:08 AM
I think she actually wanted to make sure she wasn't insulting someone really young.
Thank you, that was why.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Hopefully next year makro will impress us by demonstrating that he knows how to take a basic derrivative.

Now, makro, if you're really into it explain why the path created by the
beam's center of mass is a circle :)

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't have, but your posted made it sound as if I didn't know how to do it. I'm sure that wasn't your intent, but that is sure how it came off.

Just for you to know I have just started maths in the university and I really like it. I wanted to give you a problem everyone who went to school should know, not a problem with requires a maths genius. Also inventing problems isn't as easy as solving them, try it yourself.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Just for you to know I have just started maths in the university and I really like it.

Glad to hear.

What kind of math do you like most?

Skyward
04-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Is this thread considered to be tennis related? :D

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Is this thread considered to be tennis related? :D

Nevertheless it's a good one ;)

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Glad to here.

What kind of math do you like most?

algebra

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:15 AM
you?

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah I agree with tennischick and Dirk, we by (we) I mean most of Roger fans are just so proud to be his fans thats something that musnt be confused for arrogance or demeaning attitudes towards other players. Yes I will always support Federer over any other player unless that other player is Hewitt, then I become partial because he was my favorite from 2000-2002 during Sampras', decline those two were my favorite players on the atp tour prior to Federer durning this period (Pete being my all time favorite). I always admired and appreciated Safins vast talents and can be partial with him but will always favor Roger over him. Now my point being, as much love and pride I have for Federer I still remain as a tennisfan, most importantly and hence can appreciate the talents which dont include those of my favorite player's repertoir. I mean I really like Ferreros game, love his backhand and passing shots, I find Nalbandian to be a great player, I also find Corias game on clay so graceful and so accurate, Moyas all court abilities are always refreshing unfortunately his mental fortitude disdains all this.

In my opinion I just think Makro is just an overly optimistic Federer fan, furthermore I believe he's just a very optimistic person by nature, I mean I couldnt be even that optimistic with myself let alone for my favorite tennis player, besides theres always reality to contend with and perfection is unattainable. I've yet to see Makro downplay another player or diminish their accomplishments, if he has I am not aware of them. Nonetheless I dont agree with his overly optimistic views, its just my view of things.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:17 AM
algebra

I take it you're refering to non-linear Algebra 'cause linear Algebra isn't really what Algebra turns out to be....

I'm not a great fan of Algebra (groups, rings, moduls, fields etc...), I use it every once in a while because I'm forced to though.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:19 AM
you?

I'm the Analytic type of guy :p

Banach and Hilbert spaces, Measure Theory and Topology, everything that isn't Computer Science-related...

alfonsojose
04-13-2005, 12:21 AM
:yawn: any pics of Roger's bulge. It looks small. That's a better topic ;)

PaulieM
04-13-2005, 12:23 AM
:yawn: any pics of Roger's bulge. It looks small. That's a better topic ;)
:nerner: it has to be huge, i refuse to believe otherwise

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:25 AM
I take it you're refering to non-linear Algebra 'cause linear Algebra isn't really what Algebra turns out to be....

I'm not a great fan of Algebra (groups, rings, moduls, fields etc...), I use it every once in a while because I'm forced to though.

Yeah, I am right now doing algebra 5p, analyse 10p (which is really hard) and computer programming 5p. Next season I will do linear algebra 5p, but this one is simply named algebra.

alfonsojose
04-13-2005, 12:26 AM

I hated groups, rings and fields at college :p

Bibir
04-13-2005, 12:27 AM
:nerner: it has to be huge, i refuse to believe otherwise

If Safin loses this contest, I promise to disappear from these forums....

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:30 AM
I hated groups, rings and fields at college :p

Me too, funny how I had my best success in algebraic courses (Number-Theory included...).

I must admit some of Galois' theory concerning field-extensions is nice though.

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Well, will go to sleep now. Just awake this thread when I have lost my bet or when I hopefuly have won it. Somehow it still feels I am betting against myself and that I have nothing to win, everything to lose. I still hold to my bet.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:31 AM

Let's commit suicide together! :p

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Makro dont you worry your self, Algebraic topology only gets more fun, and cyclotomic fields are just hilarious, if you get what I mean lol ;) :rolleyes: lol. Numbers were so fun until Hilbert spaces came along and it was no longer an x-y coordinate, however R^n space is pretty fun and toros, topological fields and homology was fun after 6 weeks of some struggle.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:32 AM
Makro dont you worry your self, Algebraic topology only gets more fun, and cyclotomic fields are just hilarious, if you get what I mean lol ;) :rolleyes: lol. Numbers were so fun until Hilbert spaces came along and it was no longer an x-y coordinate, however R^n space is pretty fun and toros, topological fields and homology was fun after 6 weeks of some struggle.

Algebraic Topology is flat-out disgusting...

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:34 AM

:D

Good luck. I envy your courage. ;)

Bibir
04-13-2005, 12:36 AM
Let's commit suicide together! :p
NO WAY!!!! my guy has the biggest one. :drool:

Who cares about titles, tennis history, blah blah....? ;)

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:39 AM

:confused:

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:39 AM
NO WAY!!!! my guy has the biggest one. :drool:

Your'e embarrassing me :devil:

Bibir
04-13-2005, 12:40 AM

Good luck. I envy your courage. ;)
I'm just like you...an OVER optimistic. :hug:

The only difference is that I have pics. :drool:

alfonsojose
04-13-2005, 12:41 AM
In the 1st place the beam was standing with both the lower and upper end against the wall.
"standing against the wall", "upper" .. "beam" :drool:

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:43 AM
"standing against the wall", "upper" .. "beam" :drool:

Is it the spring that makes you so horny...?

(Or there's hardly a difference to those who live near the equator...? :confused: )

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:45 AM
The only difference is that I have pics. :drool:

Do you have pics of the big one at his height?

Bibir
04-13-2005, 12:49 AM
Your'e embarrassing me :devil:
as usual! :angel:

flmmkrz
04-13-2005, 12:49 AM
Hell if Jimmy connors doesn't come out of retirement and win this years french open consider me gone too. :p

soonha
04-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Heh. I was going to put it a little nicer than this ;)

My answer:

Frankly, I don't see the fuss over the word "fuck". Words are just word. They only carry the meaning that we allow them to. If you find the word "fuck" deeply upsetting, then I suggest you just put me on ignore. I will use the word as occasionally and freely as I use "bloody", "damn" or whatever other word I feel like throwing into a sentence for emphasis.

Granted, I won't be doing this at any job interview in the near future, but I think that Rogiman pretty much got that part covered.

I just wanted to tell you that your posts and language in them are getting me uncomfortable while I was following this thread. I'm not here trying to protect makro and don't think s/he's reasonable or realistic about Federer's career. But it seems to me that you were just driving him/her personal by calling him a moron or treating like a delusional psycho or an immature child without any acceptable answer to his first post(your first post was not reasonable to me). Or why don't you just ignore and let him keep on dreaming? Don't get me wrong. I have nothing personal to you. It might be a boiling point when you said 'shut the f**k up' thing to makro.

Hmm. Maybe I'm just a little tired of recent sarcasm and disrespect to each other and got a feeling that this forum(esp. GM) has been turning into a personal emotional toilet or a dogfight ground. OK, OK, let's chill out and move on.

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Hell if Jimmy connors doesn't come out of retirement and win this years french open consider me gone too. :p

Now my bet has become a joke, great! If I am lucky not that many will remember this some months from now.

Bibir
04-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Do you have pics of the big one at his height?
I already posted them several times. :o

OK, for you...

SAFIN UNLIMITED!

http://space.danev.com/image/Space/SpaceStations/ROCKET.jpg

makro120
04-13-2005, 12:56 AM
I already posted them several times. :o

OK, for you...

SAFIN UNLIMITED!

http://space.danev.com/image/Space/SpaceStations/ROCKET.jpg

Hadn't actualy seen it before, how could I miss?

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 12:58 AM

Hadn't actualy seen it before, how could I miss?

You should ask her for the 'baby version' that is mine :o

star
04-13-2005, 01:03 AM
I've yet to see Makro downplay another player or diminish their accomplishments, if he has I am not aware of them. Nonetheless I dont agree with his overly optimistic views, its just my view of things.

You must have missed his posts about Coria. Even in this thread he's insulted Coria. :hatoff:

soonha
04-13-2005, 01:04 AM

I didn't ask you, man.

BTW, I'm an atheist. I knew and know how to have fun. But tell me how funny it is to use f**k in conversation with someone who you have never met and hardly know.

makro120
04-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Sometimes you should not write what you think because it might upset people. I like beeing honest about how I feel about different players, but maybe I was wrong to downplay Coria, even if I really hate cheaters. Mainly because there is no reason to insult a player but not always people remembers to be so political correct about everything.

World Beater
04-13-2005, 01:08 AM
I just wanted to tell you that your posts and language in them are getting me uncomfortable while I'm following this thread. I'm not here trying to protect makro and don't think s/he's reasonable or realistic about Federer's career. But it seems to me that you were just driving him/her personal by calling him a moron or treating like a delusional psycho or an immature child without any acceptable answer to his first post(your first post was not reasonable to me). Or why don't you just ignore and let him keep on dreaming? Don't get me wrong. I don't have nothing personal to you. It might be a boiling point when you said 'shut the f**k up' to makro.

Hmm. Maybe I'm just a little tired of recent sarcasm and disrespect to each other and got a feeling that this forum(esp. GM) has been turning into a personal emotional toilet or a dogfight ground. OK, let's chill out and move on.

yes, i agree. Words are not just "words", they convey meaning. Just like when someone says they hope player "x" gets injured. Will this player get injured? Just because you said it, does not mean it will happen. After all they are just "words".

This behavior in my experience has not been condoned in any fan forum because we all have certain sensibilities and respect as people. It is the same way with swearing. Swearing implies a general disrespect especially when it is done occasionally. By doing it occasionally, one is inherently attaching meaning to these words. If one uses the word "sh^t" often enough, it will lose meaning.

There is a reason people most people on this board shy away from swearing. It is no different than wishing harm on someone.

We all have different interpretations of religion, race and life etc. In general, people respect each other's race, color and religion on this board even if we may not agree. We should extend this awareness to the words we choose to use.

star
04-13-2005, 01:11 AM

Now my bet has become a joke, great! If I am lucky not that many will remember this some months from now.

My suggestion to you is that you forget about the bet. No one will hold it against you. Well, no one reasonable, that is. You'll take some flack about it for awhile and then people will move on.

Really, I also think Federer has a good chance to win RG. A very good chance. That doesn't mean he will win it, but it's a reasonable prediction/hope/desire.

However, even if Federer does win RG, you can't expect anyone here who disagrees with you to stop disagreeing with you.

And yes, I think personal insults, insulting one about one's presumed age or intelligence, or cursing at them is tiresome, and perhaps is indicative of the emotional age of those persons too, but it isn't going to change. You have to make a decision either to ignore those persons or not to post here anymore.

World Beater
04-13-2005, 01:12 AM
You must have missed his posts about Coria. Even in this thread he's insulted Coria. :hatoff:

Yes, but he is not wrong about certain coria fans who downplay roger's skills as much as makro seems to be disparaging coria here. Fortunately, these particular fans have not entered this thread yet.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 01:13 AM
yes, i agree. Words are not just "words", they convey meaning. Just like when someone says they hope player "x" gets injured. Will this player get injured? Just because you said it, does not mean it will happen. After all they are just "words".

This behavior in my experience has not been condoned in any fan forum because we all have certain sensibilities and respect as people. It is the same way with swearing. Swearing implies a general disrespect especially when it is done occasionally. By doing it occasionally, one is inherently attaching meaning to these words. If one uses the word "sh^t" often enough, it will lose meaning.

There is a reason people most people on this board shy away from swearing. It is no different than wishing harm on someone.

We all have different interpretations of religion, race and life etc. In general, people respect each other's race, color and religion on this board even if we may not agree. We should extend this awareness to the words we choose to use.

One word: Ignore.
If you don't like it - ignore it.

star
04-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Sometimes you should not write what you think because it might upset people. I like beeing honest about how I feel about different players, but maybe I was wrong to downplay Coria, even if I really hate cheaters. Mainly because there is no reason to insult a player but not always people remembers to be so political correct about everything.

Oh, you are perfectly free to insult any player you want. I'm not even saying you shouldn't. It simply lowers my opinion of you when you call Coria a cheater.

I was only responding to the person who defended you by saying that you didn't put down other players. :)

star
04-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Yes, but he is not wrong about certain coria fans who downplay roger's skills as much as makro seems to be disparaging coria here. Fortunately, these particular fans have not entered this thread yet.

I just haven't seen those posts, I guess. I don't read every thread religiously. I also haven't noticed any Roger bashing that others are saying goes on in GM.

I mean, I like Coria, Lleyton, and Roddick, so, probably, I'm a little more enured to actual bashing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

World Beater
04-13-2005, 01:17 AM

Two words : Screw you

Take your own advice and ignore what i wrote above. Don't take my sentence above seriously. I was merely trying to illustate what i mean.

There is a reason why we continue to shun certain people for their posts, and why we have a moderator to control this board. Explain that please? :)

star
04-13-2005, 01:19 AM

I don't see why it is necessary for those of us who don't appreciate cursing at other posters to keep quiet about our dislike of it when the people who are cursing don't really keep quiet about their displeasure with just about anything at all.

Fair's fair. If it's ok to express opinions about everything else, it seems ok to express an opinion about cursing as well. :)

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 01:25 AM
Two words : Screw you

Take your own advice and ignore what i wrote above. Don't take my sentence above seriously. I was merely trying to illustate what i mean.

There is a reason why we continue to shun certain people for their posts, and why we have a moderator to control this board. Explain that please? :)

My explanation is that using certain words doesn't mean one's intention is to hurt other's feelings, it just means one's comfortable with those expressions and sees no reason not to use them - it's a cultural thing, really - when you told me 'screw you' it wasn't any worse to me than 'back off' for instance.

If you don't like someone's language why don't you just ignore his/her posts instead of trying to change him/her?

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 01:26 AM
I don't see why it is necessary for those of us who don't appreciate cursing at other posters to keep quiet about our dislike of it when the people who are cursing don't really keep quiet about their displeasure with just about anything at all.

Fair's fair. If it's ok to express opinions about everything else, it seems ok to express an opinion about cursing as well. :)

Post all you like :cool:

Smankyou
04-13-2005, 01:30 AM
Best. Thread. Ever.

star
04-13-2005, 01:31 AM
My explanation is that using certain words doesn't mean one's intention is to hurt other's feelings, it just means one's comfortable with those expressions and sees no reason not to use them - it's a cultural thing, really - when you told me 'screw you' it wasn't any worse to me than 'back off' for instance.

If you don't like someone's language why don't you just ignore his/her posts instead of trying to change him/her?

Now, you might take your own advice then. Why bother trying to change the person who doesn't like the cursing?

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Now, you might take your own advice then. Why bother trying to change the person who doesn't like the cursing?

Fair enough - Let me curse and I'll let you complain ;)

soonha
04-13-2005, 01:44 AM

Your explanation is just ridiculous. It's nothing about culture, but about common sense. In what kind of culture or country or civilization on earth people swear and curse freely? In Israel?

How do you know if someone is comfortable with that kind of expressions before saying that? What if not? You are saying that if only intention is good, swearing at anybody anytime anywhere is OK?

BTW, answer my previous post, please?

-ernie-
04-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Yeah, but you don't have the guts to bet against me. No wonder you have Coria as your "hero".. :rolleyes:
its easy to have a fave that wins EVERYTHING, roger is a great guy in all, but my faves arent exactly gurrenteed a win, especially on the womans side :unsure: :lol:

Smankyou
04-13-2005, 01:49 AM
In what kind of culture or country or civilization on earth people swear and curse freely? In Israel?
Um, Australia?

How do you know if someone is comfortable with those expressions before saying that? What if not? You are saying that if only intention is good, swearing to anybody anytime anywhere is OK?
He's a grown man. He can curse if he likes. It was just said in conversation, it wasn't directed at anyone.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 01:57 AM
Your explanation is just ridiculous. It's nothing about culture, but about common sense. In what kind of culture or country or civilization on earth people swear and curse freely? In Israel?

How do you know if someone is comfortable with those expressions before saying that? What if not? You are saying that if only intention is good, swearing to anybody anytime anywhere is OK?

BTW, answer my post, please?

Sure I will.

I guess it's my fault being unclear.
By 'cultural' I wasn't pointing out specific nations but most likely difference of generations - even you might use every now and then words your parents find rude, whereas for me saying to a friend 'you son of a bitch' means nothing nasty - just an alternative way of saying 'how are you?' :)
Of course I wouldn't turn to you the same way.

By 'one's comfortable with' I meant the one who uses the so called "forbidden words", who doesn't see any problem with using 'fuck' as a way to express his feelings.

In the end of the day I find it all rather silly - if you know what I'm trying to say what difference does it make what words I use?
I mean, if I like you then it's all good, and if I hate you I'd rather be direct and tell you to 'fuck off' than act like a hypocrite.

Then again - that's my style of doing things, you may disagree ;)

WyveN
04-13-2005, 01:58 AM
I havent read one post but I cant even imagine what could have driven this thread to so many responces. Then again some of hitchhikers threads went to twice this size. Only on MTF.

Sjengster
04-13-2005, 01:59 AM
It's only words... and words are all I have... to take the page count up...

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 02:00 AM
It's only words... and words are all I have... to take the page count up...

You're doing great with words, to be honest :o

Sjengster
04-13-2005, 02:03 AM
You're doing great with words, to be honest :o

Please ignore my hamfisted musical parody (only intelligible to connoisseurs of British boy bands, really).

It is rather depressing to think that there are academics out there who could create an entire thesis on the sociology of internet communities entirely through reading this thread.

soonha
04-13-2005, 02:04 AM
Sure I will.

I guess it's my fault being unclear.
By 'cultural' I wasn't pointing out specific nations but most likely difference of generations - even you might use every now and then words your parents find rude, whereas for me saying to a friend 'you son of a bitch' means nothing nasty - just an alternative way of saying 'how are you?' :)
Of course I wouldn't turn to you the same way.

By 'one's comfortable with' I meant the one who uses the so called "forbidden words", who doesn't see any problem with using 'fuck' as a way to express his feelings.

In the end of the day I find it all rather silly - if you know what I'm trying to say what difference does it make what words I use?
I mean, if I like you then it's all good, and if I hate you I'd rather be direct and tell you to 'fuck off' than act like a hypocrite.

Then again - that's my style of doing things, you may disagree ;)

OK, quite understandable.
Yet I want your answer my previous post(#121).

sigmagirl91
04-13-2005, 02:06 AM

That's why I said "zero" He didn't specify the angle or location of the beam. Not the brightest "beam" in the sky, huh?

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 02:08 AM
I didn't ask you, man.

BTW, I'm an atheist. I knew and know how to have fun. But tell me how funny it is to use f**k in conversation with someone who you have never met and hardly know.

It's not about having fun, it's about freedom of speech, and just as much as you find it rude I find it odd that people could actually be offended by a (widely used) word whose roll is usually to express dissatisfaction.

World Beater
04-13-2005, 02:08 AM
Post all you like :cool:

Ignorance is a big reason why the world is the way it is. People use curse words at certain points in a conversation because they felt offended etc. If a person used it all the time, it would lose meaning. But here it has a distinct meaning and people are selective in its use. Why did someone choose say something that they wouldnt normally.

Just because someone curses, doesnt mean we have to tolerate it.

Blaze
04-13-2005, 02:09 AM
where would we be in these lonely times with out Makro?

Seeing that heya and HH haven't made an appearance in quite a while.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 02:13 AM
Just because someone curses, doesnt mean we have to tolerate it.

What are you going to do about it, take it to the parliament?

Sure, you can raise your children to be as polite as they come, but remember: That wouldn't necessarily prevent them from becoming serial killers :p

Seriously, being restrained isn't such a good thing too ;)

Blaze
04-13-2005, 02:14 AM
What are you going to do about it, take it to the parliament?

Sure, you can raise your children to be as polite as they come, but remember: That wouldn't necessarily prevent them from becoming serial killers :p

Seriously, being restrained isn't such a good thing too ;)

Then why all the fuss with Makro.

Is it a crime to be overly optimistic?

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 02:15 AM
Then why all the fuss with Makro.

Is it a crime to be overly optimistic?

Dude, you're out of the element...

What has that got to do with our fucking conversation...? :lol:

Blaze
04-13-2005, 02:20 AM
Dude, you're out of the element...

What has that got to do with our fucking conversation...? :lol:

Dudette

This whole thread in the first place was started by Makro comments.

He/she was later call certain names which some people felt comfortable with and others didn't and there in came your argument about when and where to curse.

that's why I asked that if you fell comfortable with curse while posting why can't Makro post what he like and you just ignore it as you told us to do your cursing?

World Beater
04-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Misconception.

I am not in any way restraining myself from cursing. Its not that I want to curse, but feel guilty about it. Its more like why bother. Its not going to bring me anything.

If i said i wanted to kill someone, and didnt that would be restraining myself. Here on this board, the majority of us dont know each other, so to use curse words is a sign of belligerence. If I knew you personally it would be different.

We dont know what to expect here. People have to be respectful, therefore we take things at face value

World Beater
04-13-2005, 02:25 AM
Dudette

He/she was later call certain names which some people felt comfortable with and others didn't and there in came your argument about when and where to curse.

that's why I asked that if you fell comfortable with curse while posting why can't Makro post what he like and you just ignore it as you told us to do your cursing?

No i dont think rogiman paid much attention to makro's comments. It was more chloe and makro and few others who were joining in the "stoning".

star
04-13-2005, 02:27 AM
It's not about having fun, it's about freedom of speech, and just as much as you find it rude I find it odd that people could actually be offended by a (widely used) word whose roll is usually to express dissatisfaction.

Actually, freedom of speech has limits. You aren't allowed to say anything to anybody at anytime without consequesces or reprecusions.

I think you are willfully missing the point. I'm not offended by the simple utterance of a curse word, but I am offended by cursing at someone. I'm sure you know the difference.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 02:28 AM
Dudette :hatoff:

Fair enough.

Let's just say that no one has to ignore anything, Makro can post his utterly sick predictions, we can tell him what we think about them (utterly sick) using all sorts of phrases, and you well educated people can criticize us for using dirty language.
All in all a discussion will begin and this forum will justify its existence :)

Blaze
04-13-2005, 02:28 AM
:hatoff:

Fair enough.

Let's just say that no one has to ignore anything, Makro can post his utterly sick predictions, we can tell him what we think about them (utterly sick) using all sorts of phrases, and you well educated people can criticize us for using dirty language.
All in all a discussion will begin and this forum will justify its existence :)

Fine by me :)

WyveN
04-13-2005, 02:29 AM
No i dont think rogiman paid much attention to makro's comments. It was more chloe and makro and few others who were joining in the "stoning".

thank you for summarising the thread, i thought i might have missed something interesting but its same old.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 02:32 AM
Misconception.

Here on this board, the majority of us dont know each other, so to use curse words is a sign of belligerence. If I knew you personally it would be different.

We dont know what to expect here. People have to be respectful, therefore we take things at face value

Here on this board people come to be silly for a hour after a long day at the office, not thinking about every single word that comes out of their mouth, including the occasional 'fuck' that pops up.

star
04-13-2005, 02:35 AM
It's not the occasional 'fuck' that pops up that is offensive.

It's cursing at someone that is offensive.

Other insults are equally annoying in my book. Calling someone an idiot or a moron is also uncalled for, as well as unimaginative and tiresome.

soonha
04-13-2005, 02:36 AM

Hey, every freedom is accompanied to a responsibility. Odd or not, majority of people find that word offensive, even if it is widely used as you said. People have a right not to be offended. Imagine if a chair umpire during Wimbledon final says to crowd "shut the f**k up" because he wants to express 'dissatisfaction' with crowd's noise? Is that about freedom of speech?

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 02:37 AM
Actually, freedom of speech has limits.
If you were to draw the line - where would it pass?
You aren't allowed to say anything to anybody at anytime without consequesces or reprecusions.

I think you are willfully missing the point. I'm not offended by the simple utterance of a curse word, but I am offended by cursing at someone. I'm sure you know the difference.

Let's just say that I find it totally fine that Becca tells him he's a 'moron' when she really thinks so.
At least she's honest, can you say the same thing about yourself?

Just to remind you, when Leena the bitch posted that infamous post she hardly used any curse-words, but the purpose of her post was very clear.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 02:39 AM

It's cursing at someone that is offensive.

Other insults are equally annoying in my book. Calling someone an idiot or a moron is also uncalled for, as well as unimaginative and tiresome.

If it were up to you people would only be kissing each other's asses here whether they like each other or not :)

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 02:40 AM
. Odd or not, majority of people find that word offensive, even if it is widely used as you said.

Have you got any numbers to back yourself up with?

'Majority' is a dangerous word.

sigmagirl91
04-13-2005, 02:44 AM

I didn't think people did this occasionally. Isn't that why all of us are here? :devil:

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 02:48 AM
I didn't think people did this occasionally. Isn't that why all of us are here? :devil:

Be quiet, Tif, some people here could freak out only from the idea we're talking about sex...Heaven forbids!

sigmagirl91
04-13-2005, 02:49 AM
Oh, yeah, you're right. Then again, when have I ever been "goody two-shoes"?

World Beater
04-13-2005, 02:55 AM
When the discussion concerns non-tennis issues. Oddly enough, thats when things are at their most intense. I dont see people being silly about tennis. Instead i see verbal abuse from two who despise each other.

Chloe used curse words and her intent was clear as well. Whats your point?

If people were genuinely annoyed by makro, they would ignore him. But this is not the case. I personally dont see the fuss abt makro. There have been many on this board to totally disrespect the other players while championing their own.

Is this any different to using curse words to disrespect someone?

World Beater
04-13-2005, 02:56 AM
Be quiet, Tif, some people here could freak out only from the idea we're talking about sex...Heaven forbids!

Daddy? What is sex?

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 03:03 AM
When the discussion concerns non-tennis issues. Oddly enough, thats when things are at their most intense. I dont see people being silly about tennis. Instead i see verbal abuse from two who despise each other.

Chloe used curse words and her intent was clear as well. Whats your point?

If people were genuinely annoyed by makro, they would ignore him. But this is not the case. I personally dont see the fuss abt makro. There have been many on this board to totally disrespect the other players while championing their own.

Is this any different to using curse words to disrespect someone?

I told makro myself to stop talking like a complete idiot, simply because I thought he was talking like an idiot - nothing to do with him respecting or disrespecting other players or not.
My guess is that Becca (or Chloe, if you will) has similar problems with him, only that she took it a step further and called him 'moron'.

Please, go briefly through his posts and tell me she has no point whatsoever :shrug:

BTW he could be an intelligent kid, but whenever he turns up on MTF he turns into a moron :) , perhaps taking a break from the board will do him some good!

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 03:07 AM
Daddy? What is sex?

Sex is what happens when mom is away and the neighbour's wife comes to ask daddy to *fix her pipe system* :devil:

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:14 AM
And yes, I think personal insults, insulting one about one's presumed age or intelligence, or cursing at them is tiresome, and perhaps is indicative of the emotional age of those persons too, but it isn't going to change.

Hee hee hee. Pots and kettles, star. Pots and kettles.

Regardless, I'm glad to see that this thread hasn't died :hearts:

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Just for you to know I have just started maths in the university and I really like it. I wanted to give you a problem everyone who went to school should know, not a problem with requires a maths genius. Also inventing problems isn't as easy as solving them, try it yourself.
My father is a math teacher. I have no interest in doing his job for him ;)

I'm glad you like university math. I don't. I just take it because it's practical ;)

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:17 AM
algebra

That was always my favourite as well. I won't get to take any more though, since I finish this fall and only stats courses are available for me to finish my minor with. Boo stats! Oh well. Stats are also practical.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 03:19 AM
I'm glad you like university math. I don't. I just take it because it's practical ;)

Is it...? :confused:

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Well, will go to sleep now. Just awake this thread when I have lost my bet or when I hopefuly have won it. Somehow it still feels I am betting against myself and that I have nothing to win, everything to lose. I still hold to my bet.

I wouldn't worry too much about your bet. I'm not going to hold it against you, it was silly in the first place :p

Blaze
04-13-2005, 03:21 AM
Is it...? :confused:

I think it is far from practical. I did most math courses up to calculus and I'm about to do D.E and I have yet to find a use for them.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:24 AM
I just wanted to tell you that your posts and language in them are getting me uncomfortable while I was following this thread.

And as I've said, that is what ignore is for. I have no intention of curbing the style of my posts to suit certain individuals. I do what I can to keep them within the rules, and that is about it.

I'm not here trying to protect makro and don't think s/he's reasonable or realistic about Federer's career.

I don't have that big of a problem with makro either, as evidenced by my last few posts to him. A couple disagreements and nasty comments does not one big issue make. At least not to me.

Something that absolutely everybody, makro included, as failed to grasp is that i originally got on makro ... not for raving about Fed, but for foaming at the mouth over Coria at the same time. He's more than welcome to do that, and I'm more than welcome to comment on it.

But it seems to me that you were just driving him/her personal by calling him a moron or treating like a delusional psycho or an immature child without any acceptable answer to his first post(your first post was not reasonable to me). Or why don't you just ignore and let him keep on dreaming? Don't get me wrong. I have nothing personal to you. It might be a boiling point when you said 'shut the f**k up' thing to makro.

I asked for evidence of something, and was rather snooty about it because I know for a fact that there is absolutely no evidence to support the claims which I cursed at. And I happen to know this because makro was talking about me after completely perverting and misunderstanding what I had said. I appreciate that english is probably not his or her first language, so I refrained from snarking on that or calling him/her "stupid". Instead I got irritated because there is nothing more irritating than people who accuse you of saying things that you never said. At least in speech they have an excuse. When the conversation occurs in writing there is absolutely no excuse.

Hmm. Maybe I'm just a little tired of recent sarcasm and disrespect to each other and got a feeling that this forum(esp. GM) has been turning into a personal emotional toilet or a dogfight ground. OK, OK, let's chill out and move on.

GM has always been like this. And always will be like this. And you picking me out of the crowd and giving me a mommy lecture on when it is okay to use the word "fuck" isn't going to change that.

Rogiman
That was always my favourite as well.
Which part of it?
I've always thought some of the concepts were strong, but representing finitely-created moduls as a direct sum of cyclic moduls was just too much...

Boo stats! Oh well. Stats are also practical.

Stats is actually nice from the mathematical point of view (weaker and stronger convergences of random variables).
I agree that dealing with BS like finding a medion might be boring though.

NATAS81
Can makro do the math on how many days until RG?

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:26 AM
I think it is far from practical. I did most math courses up to calculus and I'm about to do D.E and I have yet to find a use for them.
It's practical in the sense that it gives me more opportunity that I would have if I had strictly a BA.

I didn't mean that it's pratical for direct application to reali-life problems that one is likely to encounter.

However, stats IS practical to me, since I read a lot of psychological literature.... for shits and giggles, not just for class. If you dont' understand the statistics used, you can't understand if their conclusions are of any use or not. Pratical.

I should clarify here that my minor is joint Math/Stats, which is why I'm interchanging the two ;)

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 03:27 AM

ODE's and PDE's are actually very much in use in the fields of Physics and Electrical Engineering, now - whether these two are of any use is a different question... :)

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:28 AM
I didn't ask you, man.

I don't do it because it's funny. I do it because I feel like it. You are welcome to piss and moan about this for the next 30 years, btw. If you get your pants into such a twist over the word "fuck", I would hate to think how you get over things that actually matter.

Certain words do carry a lot of meaning. However, I said a basic curse word. I didnt' call him a "Nazi". In fact, I didn't even call him a "fuck". I merely threw "fuck" in because I felt like it.

And I can't believe this bothers you so much. Again, ignore me. Because I will never, ever change the way I post for a faceless name.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:30 AM

:yeah:

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 03:30 AM
Nazi, lol

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:33 AM
Sigh. My final thought on the "cursing" matter. Go outside, people. People CURSE. If you don't like it, too bloody bad. I don't like that some people wear their pants so low that you can see their thongs sticking out. I also don't like that some people can get away with yellow and I can't. These are things I deal with. There are lots of things in life that we deal with that we don't like. The fact that people are upset that "shut up" because "shut the fuck up" says a lot about the people who are upset.

Some of you don't like me, and that's fine. I'm not always very nice. However, of all the things i do on here, you pick THIS to pick on? :rolleyes:

I've never been anything short of honest about myself and my conduct on these boards, which is more than can be said for most of you.

:kiss:

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 03:34 AM
Sigh. My final thought on the "cursing" matter. Go outside, people. People CURSE. If you don't like it, too bloody bad.

Yeah, if you don't like it there's always the ignore feature.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 03:34 AM
You edited the part with the 'Nazi' Becca, did you do it because you were afraid to hurt my jewish feelings? :lol:

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Nazi, lol
Can you believe the self righteous garbage that these hypocrites are spewing? I know that I'm obnoxious and rude. They should try buying a clue for themselves. I feel like it's fifth grade and I'm on the recess field again.

That "Nazi" shout out to people who ahve used that was highly unintentional, btw. It was jsut the first thing that I could think of that might be totally inappropriate to call somebody. A better example might have been a derrogatory word for homsexual, or a racist term.

By the way, for anybody who watches... grrrr @ the Amazing race :fiery:

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 03:36 AM
Can you believe the self righteous garbage that these hypocrites are spewing? I know that I'm obnoxious and rude. They should try buying a clue for themselves. I feel like it's fifth grade and I'm on the recess field again.
It's all good.

You bring a unique viewpoint refreshing from the HATAS.

BTW :yawn: @ Amazing Race

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:37 AM
You edited the part with the 'Nazi' Becca, did you do it because you were afraid to hurt my jewish feelings? :lol:
I editted to point out that I didn't call the poster a "fuck". I used the word for emphasis.

This is really about a few posters who don't like me very much wanting to get their licks in. I'm totally okay with this. I just think that their choice of topic is absolutely pitiful.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:38 AM
It's all good.

You bring a unique viewpoint refreshing from the HATAS.

BTW :yawn: @ Amazing Race
I like to think that I am one of the HATAS! I'm a HATA HATA.

How can you yawn at the Amazing Race!

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 03:39 AM
I editted to point out that I didn't call the poster a "fuck". I used the word for emphasis.

This is really about a few posters who don't like me very much wanting to get their licks in. I'm totally okay with this. I just think that their choice of topic is absolutely pitiful.
Makro is how he is. Boys will be boys. He probably played Rafa in a juniors tourney somewhere.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:40 AM
Makro is how he is. Boys will be boys. He probably played Rafa in a juniors tourney somewhere.
I don't really have a problem with makro, now that I realize I wasn't bickering with somebody that I shouldn't be bickering with (ie: somebody much younger than myself).

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 03:40 AM
I like to think that I am one of the HATAS! I'm a HATA HATA.

How can you yawn at the Amazing Race!
I don't watch it, ok? I'd rather see Iverson's amazing all-out effort lead to the Philly 76ers downfall because they refuse to play as a team.

I'm sure it's a great ratings grabber in favor of the Apprentice.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:41 AM
Boo to the apprentice.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 03:41 AM
I don't really have a problem with makro, now that I realize I wasn't bickering with somebody that I shouldn't be bickering with (ie: somebody much younger than myself).
I'm sure he knows that, though I can't promise he'll keep his word with the Federer RG thing.

At least he's getting first hand help with his uni math.

Rogiman
04-13-2005, 03:43 AM

Looks like the ass-kissing industry is prosperous these days, perhaps we should start another one of those "Who is the poster whose ass is most to my liking" threads where posters repeatedly post stuff like:
"Oh, how could I forget:
Poopy :hug: you're the best
Shmoopy :hug: you're the greatest
Zoopy :hug: I wish I could kiss your ass all day long"

And so on :zzz:

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:44 AM
I'm sure he knows that, though I can't promise he'll keep his word with the Federer RG thing.

At least he's getting first hand help with his uni math.
I won't be of much help to him. I didn't know what the other two were talking about either ;) Most of my math courses have been second year. I'm barely going to fill my upper year requirement. Hey, I never claimed I was a math MAJOR ;)

Btw, to demonstrate all the different ways that "fuck" is used on this forum, try this link out Rebecca HATAS: http://www.menstennisforums.com/search.php?searchid=181747

Assuming it works. If it doesn't work, then do the search yourself.

I think you'll find lots of other people using it in a manner very similar to myself. But funny, i don't see anybody putting up a fuss over those people using it. Lending to my theory :) You've been exposed :yeah:

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 03:44 AM
Looks like the ass-kissing industry is prosperous these days, perhaps we should start another one of those "Who is the poster whose ass is most to my liking" threads where posters repeatedly post stuff like:
"Oh, how could I forget:

We should create a forum devoted to who's tennis player's ass is worth kissing. Oh wait, we already have that. It's called Player Forums.

Funny how GM always seems to leak those feelings out in itself.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:45 AM
"Oh, how could I forget:

Don't we already have a thread like that? I haven't visitted in a while :D I've been too busy to make an attempt at serious conversation, hence my garbage posts :D

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 03:46 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/search.php?searchid=181747

Assuming it works. If it doesn't work, then do the search yourself.

I think you'll find lots of other people using it in a manner very similar to myself. But funny, i don't see anybody putting up a fuss over those people using it. Lending to my theory :) You've been exposed :yeah:
Great! Another link to add to my back pocket! :D

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:48 AM
Great! Another link to add to my back pocket! :D
I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I hope that star, world beater, and soonha enjoy it at least half as much as you did. I also hope that they take their great campaign against the word "fuck" and spread it against the many other individuals who used it. Afterall, we'd all hate for me to be totally right. Again. Wouldn't we?

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 03:49 AM
Afterall, we'd all hate for me to be totally right. Again. Wouldn't we?
We just wouldn't know how to P I M P a suit like Spadea if not for you!

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 03:50 AM
We just wouldn't know how to P I M P a suit like Spadea if not for you!
Mmmm PIMP Spadea.

tennischick
04-13-2005, 04:15 AM
"Oh, how could I forget:

:lol: the awesomeness of Rogiman. :worship:

tennischick
04-13-2005, 04:17 AM
Daddy? What is sex?
sex is what some people here clearly haven't had in a while. :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 04:20 AM
sex is what some people here clearly haven't had in a while. :rolleyes:
Some of us have chosen absintence and don't like having comments like this thrown in our faces.

You might not have meant it for me anyways. I'm just saying. It's a fairly tacky comment to make seeing as you don't know the religious or personal beliefs of the individuals whom you seek to criticize.

Or maybe you do, in which case I will stand corrected.

Sex is not the solution to all things for everybody, nor is it a requirement for psychological well being.

tennischick
04-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Some of us have chosen absintence and don't like having comments like this thrown in our faces.

You might not have meant it for me anyways. I'm just saying. It's a fairly tacky comment to make seeing as you don't know the religious or personal beliefs of the individuals whom you seek to criticize.

Or maybe you do, in which case I will stand corrected.

Sex is not the solution to all things for everybody, nor is it a requirement for psychological well being.
i have no idea what the heck you are talking about. :shrug: i know nothing aout your personal choices and therefore wasn't commenting on them.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 04:26 AM
i have no idea what the heck you are talking about. :shrug: i know nothing aout your personal choices and therefore wasn't commenting on them.
I was just pointing out that passing comments like that are fairly inconsiderate given that you don't know the personal decisions of anybody here :shrug:

That's all. I don't actually expect you to stop doing it just because I said so. I am making pretty good sense here, however.

tennischick
04-13-2005, 04:31 AM
I was just pointing out that passing comments like that are fairly inconsiderate given that you don't know the personal decisions of anybody here :shrug:

That's all. I don't actually expect you to stop doing it just because I said so. I am making pretty good sense here, however.
once again, i have NO idea what you are talking about bec i know nothing about your personal decisions. if you choose to personalize my comment and direct it at yourself, well that's your choice isn't it? but try not to keep belaboring this bec it's fast becoming a pointless exchange.

moving on............

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 04:32 AM
once again, i have NO idea what you are talking about bec i know nothing about your personal decisions. if you choose to personalize my comment and direct it at yourself, well that's your choice isn't it? but try not to keep belaboring this bec it's fast becoming a pointless exchange.

moving on............
I wasn't personalizing it. I was generalizing it based on a general understanding of beliefs that might oppose the comment. That's all.

Regardless, fine. Lets move on.

Lets talk about algebra again.

tennischick
04-13-2005, 04:33 AM
I wasn't personalizing it. I was generalizing it based on a general understanding of beliefs that might oppose the comment. That's all.

Regardless, fine. Lets move on.

Lets talk about algebra again.
sheesh. whatever :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 04:39 AM
Or we could not move on and talk about algebra. Whatever floats your boat.

Seleshfan
04-13-2005, 05:12 AM
catfight! catfight! meow! :)

WyveN
04-13-2005, 05:14 AM
Sex, swearing and algebra :worship:

MissMoJo
04-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Sex and swearing i can deal with, but all this talk about algebra is highly offensive

tennischick
04-13-2005, 05:19 AM
catfight! catfight! meow! :)
i'm a lover, not a fighter ;)

WyveN
04-13-2005, 05:20 AM
but all this talk about algebra is highly offensive

its bringing up dark memories that I buried deep inside of me.

MissMoJo
04-13-2005, 05:35 AM
its bringing up dark memories that I buried deep inside of me.
I'm having quadratic equation flashbacks as we speak. I thought i'd worked through all that in therapy *sigh*

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 05:40 AM
Chloe I am not one to bash or any of that nonsense, however I believe I did learn in one of my prereq Psych classes that having sex does have an effect on psychological well being. In fact its been empirically discussed how married couples who have great sexual lives live happier longer lives and live to be older. Nonetheless I do see where your point is coming from, Its not a biological need, we can survive without it, thats perfectly understood, however if you want to take an evolutionary perspective in order to continue your life sort of speak by passing on your genes you need to have sex in order to reproduce. :wavey:

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 05:42 AM
lol lol lol lol, If only algebra were just about quadratic equations, many would remain math majors. However mathematics especially higher level mathematics can get very tedious and less numerical abstract mathematics can get very cumbersome and perplexing.

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 05:44 AM
Bring on the astrophysics and aeronautical engineering fun topics.

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 05:48 AM
GWH, I would say Celestial Mechanics is much more interesting! However the concept of drag in aeronautical mechanics can become quite interesting and those derivatives can get a bit tricky!

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 05:49 AM
Chloe I am not one to bash or any of that nonsense, however I believe I did learn in one of my prereq Psych classes that having sex does have an effect on psychological well being. In fact its been empirically discussed how married couples who have great sexual lives live happier longer lives and live to be older. Nonetheless I do see where your point is coming from, Its not a biological need, we can survive without it, thats perfectly understood, however if you want to take an evolutionary perspective in order to continue your life sort of speak by passing on your genes you need to have sex in order to reproduce. :wavey:

I don't deny any of this. I've done the reading, I'm perfectly aware of all of this. My point - which I would gladly have never discussed again had you not brought it up :p - was not that it is just a biological need that can be survived without. It was that that people who are not having sex are not necessarily worse off than those who do. All these points which you discuss here are relevant to those with healthy sex lives. Not everybody with a sex life has a healthy one. Furthermore, not everybody who is lacking a sex life at the matter would necessarily be immediately better off if they decided to take one up. In fact, I imagine that it would be detrimental to some individuals to partake in an active sexual lifestyle depending on what point they are at in their lives.

This is why I have, and always will, object to using "some people need to get laid" as an insult. It's a lazy insult, imo, and one that has little reasonable meaning behind it. But hey, neither did my "go outside" comment.

tennischick
04-13-2005, 05:50 AM
i think it's important to keep your personal offline choices separate and apart from this e-world that we all enter to discuss tennis, sex, and algebra. now that Becca has informed this tennis community that she has decided to give up sex (if i am understanding and deducing correctly), are we now supposed to stop making sex jokes bec they would be offensive to her? this blending of worlds is mighty scary IMO. frankly i don't think any of us needed to know about Becca's personal sexual choices (TMI???). my comment could and should have been ignored. i think it's kind of sad that i am now expected to walk on egg-shells around this issue. for the record i am not going to. and regarding any future sex cracks (ha!) that i make, i want to go on record that they are not directed at Becca.

now back to the algebra. ;)

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 05:55 AM
GWH, I would say Celestial Mechanics is much more interesting! However the concept of drag in aeronautical mechanics can become quite interesting and those derivatives can get a bit tricky!

Since I allegedly such an argumentative prick I should try and debate this, but in your eyes Celestial Mechanics is more interesting and this maybe very true. Then again it would have to be more interesting that going into the reasons that AMS and how high altitude effects or benefits the individual in a sporting sense or reading about the great effects of EPO or NESP and the harmful side issues and which people should be taking this.

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 05:57 AM
Absolutely and that was not my point either, you do not need sex to be healthy, a healthy diet and excercise can guarantee this, warranted you have good genes. Sparing a weak immune system too, but this all depends on ones biology. However I completely agree if you dont consider sex detrimental in your life, then dont have it, cause in that case the treatment can be worse than the cause. Unwanted sex is simply atrocious and very hindering indeed! Getting laid doesnt make you better than those that dont get laid, it just means you've reduced this sexual drive thats all.

Not all are intrinsically motivated to have sex!!!!!

tennischick
04-13-2005, 06:00 AM
no but i am. and so are throngs of others just like me. ;)

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 06:02 AM
i think it's important to keep your personal offline choices separate and apart from this e-world that we all enter to discuss tennis, sex, and algebra. now that Becca has informed this tennis community that she has decided to give up sex (if i am understanding and deducing correctly), are we now supposed to stop making sex jokes bec they would be offensive to her? this blending of worlds is mighty scary IMO. frankly i don't think any of us needed to know about Becca's personal sexual choices (TMI???). my comment could and should have been ignored. i think it's kind of sad that i am now expected to walk on egg-shells around this issue. for the record i am not going to. and regarding any future sex cracks (ha!) that i make, i want to go on record that they are not directed at Becca.

This is really not what I was saying at all. And if you read what I wrote, you'd realize that I know full well that you are going to continue to make the lazy "get laid" comments when you feel it suitable, and I would never expect anything that I say to change that. Frankly, I'm really not that self important, despite what some of you might like to think.

I don't really see why my being sensitive on the topic differs from my being sensitive on a topic like feminism.. and I don't see how my being sensitive on a topic like feminism differs from being sensitive on topics of discrimination in general. I suppose we should ask people to remove their personal experience or feelings from absolutely all issues ever discussed on this board, because we'd hate for them to reveal too much information.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 06:04 AM
Absolutely and that was not my point either, you do not need sex to be healthy, a healthy diet and excercise can guarantee this, warranted you have good genes. Sparing a weak immune system too, but this all depends on ones biology. However I completely agree if you dont consider sex detrimental in your life, then dont have it, cause in that case the treatment can be worse than the cause. Unwanted sex is simply atrocious and very hindering indeed! Getting laid doesnt make you better than those that dont get laid, it just means you've reduced this sexual drive thats all.

Nope. But some are. Viva la diversity, says I.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 06:06 AM
When it's impossible to have formal informative conversations without revealing too much personal information on the internet, then it's time to realize that you aren't good at conveying your point without resorting to personal attacks, and/or lack the maturity to do so in a concise professional manner.

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 06:07 AM
You go girl, theres nothing better than knowing you're going to have great sex when you are internally yearning for it, expending those endorphins oh my thats such a great stress releaser. Very few things are better than the joint commitment of two souls charing not only their biology but their senses of self. :wavey:

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 06:07 AM
When it's impossible to have formal informative conversations without revealing too much personal information on the internet, then it's time to realize that you aren't good at conveying your point without resorting to personal attacks, and/or lack the maturity to do so in a concise professional manner.
Huh?

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 06:08 AM
Huh what? It seems too many people on here are too sensitive to delve into topics without knowing exactly how to go about it.

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 06:09 AM
oops me and my homonym confusions "sharing"

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Huh what? It seems too many people on here are too sensitive to delve into topics without knowing exactly how to go about it.
I was just seeking clarity, since I was confused as to what you were criticizing. Thanks.

tennischick
04-13-2005, 06:10 AM
or that you seriously lack boundaries.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 06:10 AM
That's my job. To lend a helping hand to those who are unclear on any particular subject.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 06:11 AM
no but i am. and so are throngs of others just like me. ;)
Okay. I so totally don't expect you to give me a serious response to this, if one at all... but I'll bite.

Why did you lecture me on how I was giving our "too much information", and then you turned around a couple posts late to comment on your own sexual decisions? Why is it not okay to talk about abstaining, but it's okay to talk about actively participating?

I think I smell a double standard. Or maybe I'm just struggling with those damn boundaries again *sniff*

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 06:12 AM
or that you seriously lack boundaries.
Boundaries isn't the issue here. We're talking about people taking things out of context and trying to promote points that aren't there.

I've seen way too many threads turned into racial slandering and whatnot over nothing. People want something to complain about. It never ceases to amaze me, and it's about time somebody stepped up to the plate and provided optional recourse.

tennischick
04-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Okay. I so totally don't expect you to give me a serious response to this, if one at all... but I'll bite.

Why did you lecture me on how I was giving our "too much information", and then you turned around a couple posts late to comment on your own sexual decisions? Why is it not okay to talk about abstaining, but it's okay to talk about actively participating?

I think I smell a double standard.
i'm not asking anyone to walk on eggshells around my decision to have sex, or to be sensitive to the fact that i love sex.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 06:17 AM
i'm not asking anyone to walk on eggshells around my decision to have sex, or to be sensitive to the fact that i love sex.
True. But what does that have to do with my declaration being "too much information"? And when did I ask you to walk on eggshells? I voiced my opinion on the matter and that was basically it. I even said - TWICE NOW! - that there was no expectation on my part that you would change your ways. In which case what I said was the complete OPPOSITE of expecting you to walk on eggshells. So where exactly are is this breakdown in communication occuring? :confused:

I've already said in this thread that I myself will not change my ways simply because of a few whiney protesters, so what on earth makes you think I would demand the same of you? I'm a little more subtle in my hypcracy than that.

Although I don't take back anything that I said, I think I can concede that I probably could have left the original post on the matter alone. But I'm bored. So i didn't.

tennischick
04-13-2005, 06:18 AM
dig your pimp avatar. it's even funnier now.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 06:19 AM
I've already said in this thread that I myself will not change my ways simply because of a few whiney protesters, so what on earth makes you think I would demand the same of you?
You've been known to flip flop on the Rafa fence. Then again, that could stem from negative reactions by the so-called HATAS.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 06:20 AM
dig your pimp avatar. it's even funnier now.
Classy.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 06:20 AM
You've been known to flip flop on the Rafa fence. Then again, that could stem from negative reactions by the so-called HATAS.
How have I flipflopped on the Rafa fence?

I flip flop on the JCF fence, but he occasionally bugs. Rafa doesn't.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 06:23 AM
How have I flipflopped on the Rafa fence?

I flip flop on the JCF fence, but he occasionally bugs. Rafa doesn't.
I just recall you making various statements about Nadal that would lead the normal poster to think you're siding against Rafael. You know what I'm talking about.

I shouldn't have to pull a post of yours out just to prove that point.

It doesn't really matter. I'm well aware that sarcasm is one of your strongsuits.

Chloe le Bopper
04-13-2005, 06:27 AM
I just recall you making various statements about Nadal that would lead the normal poster to think you're siding against Rafael. You know what I'm talking about.

I shouldn't have to pull a post of yours out just to prove that point.

It doesn't really matter. I'm well aware that sarcasm is one of your strongsuits.
That's just reverse trolling. No need to pull up a post, it's all in my signature. I just get tired of the asinine things that people say and have a little fun with it. Which doesn't make me much better than any other trolls, but hey, I haven't claimed otherwise.... recently, at least.

I never truly flip flop with Rafa, and anybody who reads my board knows that. Not that I expect people to read my board.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 06:30 AM
That's just reverse trolling. No need to pull up a post, it's all in my signature. I just get tired of the asinine things that people say and have a little fun with it. Which doesn't make me much better than any other trolls, but hey, I haven't claimed otherwise.... recently, at least.

I never truly flip flop with Rafa, and anybody who reads my board knows that. Not that I expect people to read my board.
Trolling isn't trolling unless you don't give reasons to backup your posts. You've done that quite well. I'm not labelling anybody here. I point out my opinions and post my marry way.

I'm aware of your sig and find your sarcastic hatred of Nadal quite refreshing and respectfully ingenius.