Elena Dementieva vs. ATP (exchaging serves) - Hamburg [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Elena Dementieva vs. ATP (exchaging serves) - Hamburg

alfonsojose
04-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Elena exchanges only the serve with ATP player. They will play on really slow clay (Hamburg, 50F, and rainy). Who would win? .. and please tell the score
Elena vs. Ivo
Elena vs. Paradorn
Elena vs. Andy
Elena vs. Feliciano
Elena vs. Pim Pim

Peoples
04-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Elena exchanes only the serve with ATP player. They will play on really slow clay (Hamburg, 50F, and rainy). Who would win? .. and please tell the score
Elena vs. Ivo
Elena vs. Paradorn
Elena vs. Andy
Elena vs. Feliciano
Elena vs. Pim Pim
I think the ATP level is too high, so maybe only Ivo without his serve (and having to return it) would lose but guys like Roddick would definitely win big.

L.J.
04-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Go Elena ;) I'll think with my heart rather than my head and predict Dementieva wins them all :) hehehe!

TennisLurker
04-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Ivo

jole
04-12-2005, 11:59 PM
All I know is Lena has nothing on the backhand wing of Feliciano.

Mlashtok
04-13-2005, 06:03 AM
Elena vs. Ivo - Elena wins, 6-0, 6-0

Elena vs. Paradorn - Elena wins, 6-0, 0-6, 6-0

Elena vs. Andy - Elena wins, 7-6 (10), 7-6 (0)

Elena vs. Feliciano - Elena wins, 6-4, 1-6, 7-6 (0)

Elena vs. Pim Pim - Elena wins, 7-6 (5), 6-4

This is a pretty funny scenario. I doubt that she would win any of them to tell you the truth. But it would sure be awesome if she did.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 06:07 AM
You are fooling yourself if you think any woman can go toe to toe with an ATP player.

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 06:35 AM
Of course no woman no matter how fit or how big a serve shes got couldnt beat any of the top 250 players and this is if the woman is a top 10 female player. However I could see a healthy Elena carrying some good rhythm taking it to Ivo if rallies were neutral and he didnt have his serve, she could certainly take a few games if starting from a neutral rally.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 06:36 AM
So you're saying Karlovic are the wimpiest ground game?

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 06:44 AM
I would say Karlovic indeed has the weakest ground game of the top 100 ranked male players. I mean who was it that he played I can't quite recollect what tournament, once he loses his serve he rarely wins a game. I mean how can a guy with his serve lose to Olivier? Yes Olivier is an awesome feisty little player but come on, when you can hit aces on your sleep and still lose, it says something about your ground game.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Thank you for your expert insight! :D

Perhaps I was a little too harsh on the women. I know that Dementieva's volleys have been clocked in the high 80s, and Kuznetsova's in the high 80s to low 90s.

Dementieva was quoted as saying Sveta could compete on the ATP taking into account the pace of her groundstrokes. :)

Federerhingis
04-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Natas, I never said I was an expert, I doubt I would be posting here if I were an expert, I am just calling as I see it! ;)

oz_boz
04-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Elena would lose them all big time, probably even against Ivo.

I reckon that the biggest problem for WTA players if they would play an ATP round wouldn't be the sheer pace of their groundstrokes. Rather it would be

1) their considerably lower court speed. The ATP players can play long rallies exchanging fairly fast groundstrokes, whereas a ball ends when a female player hits a big one.

2) the fact that their control of the ball is not good enough when they hit the ball hard.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Natas, I never said I was an expert, I doubt I would be posting here if I were an expert, I am just calling as I see it! ;)
Anytime someone can bring something worthy to the table, then I'm more than happy with them.

Anything. Anything at all. Just say the words. Speak the truth to the world. Preach the WTA gospel.