Seppi (and me) laughs at López, 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Seppi (and me) laughs at López, 6-3 6-4

Deivid23
04-12-2005, 06:36 PM
After this hell of a performance by López I would like to share one thought:

We all know that, for instance, Feli wouldn´t be a pro if he hadn´t such a big serve, but I´m going far beyond... I don´t know if two rankings for slow and fast surfaces is a realistic possibility, but I don´t think it would be a bad idea. There are a lot of players much more capable on clay courts than López that for sure would give us more interesting first round matches. I´m not only talking about this player, the same goes to Montañes on fast courts, for example. Does López deserve to play on big tourneys played on clay?. My answer is NO. Feel free to discuss. ;)

Golfnduck
04-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Damn you Feli :smash: I thought he'd win this match easily.
But a good win for Seppi :yeah:

Sjengster
04-12-2005, 06:40 PM
He did manage to get a round further than Federer at RG last year... by beating great claycourters like Kucera and Hyung-Taik Lee, but it was still a notable result. BTW, I'm glad to see you've stepped up to the challenge of being the resident Lopez hater - no, seriously. We need posters who can make an amusing art form out of disliking certain players, and hopefully you can follow in the footsteps of KarstenBraasch#1 with his loathing of Kiefer.

Raquel
04-12-2005, 06:44 PM
So you're suggesting he doesn't deserve to play on clay if there are players out there below the ranking cut off who can provide more entertaining matches? Mansour Bahrami would suddenly find himself in main draws all over the place if that ever happened :lol:

Neely
04-12-2005, 06:52 PM
okay, he lost to Seppi, but at least Lopez is cuter ;) :angel: :p

Alvarillo
04-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Feli On Clay

def Gaudio Kitzbuhel 03
def Mantilla Stuttgart 03
def El Aynaoui Stuttgart 03
def Corretja Monte-Carlo 03
def Schuettler Estoril 03
def Sanchez Barcelona 04
def Lapentti RG 04

good victories against clay-court players

feli isn't playing good tennis since his defeat in Davis Cup :(

PaulieM
04-12-2005, 09:03 PM
there's no need to laugh at him :sad:

Sjengster
04-12-2005, 09:11 PM
I knew in the back of my mind that Lopez had good clay results some time in the past, but I'd forgotten when - now I recall those clay SFs he made back in the summer of 03, and he definitely beat good quality opposition in those events. The trouble is, both times he ran into Coria, and you have never seen a more hopelessly one-sided match-up than Lopez v Coria. F-Lo's only win is a retirement, and that'll probably stand as his only victory over the Argentinian; the rest of the time he manages to lose 1 and 2, not only on clay but on indoor carpet (!).

Deivid23
04-12-2005, 09:35 PM
you have never seen a more hopelessly one-sided match-up than Lopez v Coria. F-Lo's only win is a retirement, and that'll probably stand as his only victory over the Argentinian; the rest of the time he manages to lose 1 and 2, not only on clay but on indoor carpet (!).

Big truth. That retirement was a shame, Coria would have had a great chance to break all records of domination.

croat123
04-12-2005, 10:42 PM
i can't believe i put all of my vcash on feli lol. i saw seppi play in miami and though lopez had way too much game for him :tape:

federer express
04-12-2005, 10:45 PM
We all know that, for instance, Feli wouldn´t be a pro if he hadn´t such a big serve

the huge forehand might have something to do with it too! and if u gonna remove players who have 'just' two massive weapons then u can add a lot more....roddick, pim pim to name just two

Deivid23
04-12-2005, 11:19 PM
the huge forehand might have something to do with it too! and if u gonna remove players who have 'just' two massive weapons then u can add a lot more....roddick, pim pim to name just two

Huge what????? ;)

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 04:49 AM
Huge what????? ;)

I thought you would like this match. Do you have any footage of it? I actually don't mind Seppi too much, but a friend of mine won quite a lot of money on this, so Lopez is a favourite of his.

Deivid23
04-13-2005, 08:18 AM
I thought you would like this match. Do you have any footage of it? I actually don't mind Seppi too much, but a friend of mine won quite a lot of money on this, so Lopez is a favourite of his.

Yes, Seppi was priced at +255 and López is one of my favourite players concerning bets, he´s highly kind with me ;)

Springy
04-13-2005, 08:19 AM
give him a break please.
A player can have bad months ..look at SAFIN OR MOYA

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 08:21 AM
As always, Deivid bringing outstanding commentary of his fellow Spanish hopefuls.

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Yes, Seppi was priced at +255 and López is one of my favourite players concerning bets, he´s highly kind with me ;)

This guy isn't too keen on Lopez, though he doesn't dislike him as much as you do.

I told him Seppi played a couple of qualies and it's his best surface and if you can afford it, why not and he did.

Too bad I have to have a tight budget at the moment Mantilla and Zabaleta were dead certs in the 1st round.

Did you see the match at all?

Deivid23
04-13-2005, 08:35 AM
This guy isn't too keen on Lopez, though he doesn't dislike him as much as you do.

I told him Seppi played a couple of qualies and it's his best surface and if you can afford it, why not and he did.

Too bad I have to have a tight budget at the moment Mantilla and Zabaleta were dead certs in the 1st round.

Did you see the match at all?

Yes I watched the whole match, it was really one hell of a performance by López, I´ve seen many amateur players playing better than that, he was hopeless since 2nd game of the match.

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Yes I watched the whole match, it was really one hell of a performance by López, I´ve seen many amateur players playing better than that, he was hopeless since 2nd game of the match.

I am jealous I wish I could see it, though Lopez couldn't have been as funny as Ginepri in Rome when he lost 12 games in a row to Mantilla to lose the match that was :haha: :haha: :haha:

Deivid23
04-13-2005, 08:41 AM
I am jealous I wish I could see it, though Lopez couldn't have been as funny as Ginepri in Rome when he lost 12 games in a row to Mantilla to lose the match that was :haha: :haha: :haha:

Seriously, if López would have met a more capable player than Seppi, he would have run the risk of being double-bagelled

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Seriously, if López would have met a more capable player than Seppi, he would have run the risk of being double-bagelled

You are a fan of Feli's aren't you?

Ferrero Forever
04-13-2005, 09:50 AM
poor feli:(

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Forget LOPEZ!! MARTIN is the MAN at the MO!!!

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Forget LOPEZ!! MARTIN is the MAN at the MO!!!

You'll be off him like sour milk when he loses a match that you have bet on.

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 09:57 AM
He's #1 now!!!

CORIA and MARTIN are racing to win their match first!! Guy who wins 2nd pays @ MCDONALDS!

Nacho
04-13-2005, 10:11 AM
After this hell of a performance by López I would like to share one thought:

We all know that, for instance, Feli wouldn´t be a pro if he hadn´t such a big serve

the same could be said about dozens of players, including some top tenners...

NATAS81
04-13-2005, 10:16 AM
He's #1 now!!!

CORIA and MARTIN are racing to win their match first!! Guy who wins 2nd pays @ MCDONALDS!
ONE TREE FALLS!! CORIA 6-2 6-1 over ASCIONE!!

Adios, Amigo!

propi
04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Vamos Feli, you rock :worship: