I just watched Fed-Nadal again and i noticed [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I just watched Fed-Nadal again and i noticed

ugotlobbed
04-11-2005, 05:19 AM
So i had a little spare time in my evening, and i decided to watch the newly downloaded federer vs nadal torrent video. Heres what i found out:

1. at 4-1 down in the 3rd set, someone yelled out clearly, "wake up" to roger, i was sure of this b/c i turned the speaker to full volume which probably had awoken my black neighbor.

2. at 4-3 down 0-30, nadal gets a bad call that could've gotten him to 0-40, the replay shows this, but bad calls are everywhere these days, unfortunate but maybe that kept the match going.

3. at 4-4 in the 3rd set, at the start of nadal's serve, the crowd starts chanting "roger, roger, roger" i almost cried like a baby in joy.

4. In the end, when federer won, he not only threw his wristband to the crowd, but he actually threw his racket into the crowd, wow, if he had done that in the masters 2004, i would've been in the hospital.

HAHA LUCKY US ROGER FANS!!!!!! CHEERS!!!!

MissMoJo
04-11-2005, 05:32 AM
Was there a point to this?

NATAS81
04-11-2005, 05:39 AM
About the crowd shouting, they wanted to see more brilliant spinning shots landing perfectly inside the lines from Federer.

As for Federer's racquet toss, he's very generous and wants everyone to join the ATP tour because he's bored with the current competition.

ugotlobbed
04-11-2005, 05:49 AM
i was just really happy

Chloe le Bopper
04-11-2005, 06:07 AM
Well, my first inkling was that it was unneccesary gloating way after the fact. *shrug*

LOL @ your avatar caption, btw.

El Legenda
04-11-2005, 06:35 AM
When u watched that...did u notice Nadal semi-choke :)

Chloe le Bopper
04-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Nadal was there too?

El Legenda
04-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Nadal was there too?

dont know...the post didnt mation Nadal.

ca1houn
04-11-2005, 07:03 AM
1. at 4-1 down in the 3rd set, someone yelled out clearly, "wake up" to roger, i was sure of this b/c i turned the speaker to full volume which probably had awoken my black neighbor.

did you need to list the color of your neighbor is there some subliminal message you are trying to convey.

Becarina
04-11-2005, 07:08 AM

did you need to list the color of your neighbor is there some subliminal message you are trying to convey.

I was wondering that also.... :confused:

robinhood
04-11-2005, 07:09 AM

I know. What's that about??

MissMoJo
04-11-2005, 07:12 AM
i was just really happy
Just now? 'Delayed reaction', look it up

Yes, as everyone wants to know. What does your neighbor's race have to do with anything?

Peoples
04-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Why is everyone being so aggressive? He was just sharing the details he noticed with you and everyone just wants to start a fight? 'Delayed reaction' ? Why is it necessary to say something like that, just to be unfriendly and disrespectful?

Becarina
04-11-2005, 09:08 AM
fact that he said "Black neighbor" not just neighbor....

Lady
04-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Actually I noticed that too, and wondered why his neighbour's race was important!

federer_roar
04-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Maybe is because there're a white one and a yellow one?

robinhood
04-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Why is everyone being so aggressive? He was just sharing the details he noticed with you and everyone just wants to start a fight? 'Delayed reaction' ? Why is it necessary to say something like that, just to be unfriendly and disrespectful?

You are right, Peoples. No need to be unfriendly. But I am thinking that these somewhat "hostile" reactions stem from how ugotlobbed has described his/her neighbor.

"Black" is a simple little word, and he/she maybe didn't mean anything by it, but in this day and age, we all are overly sensitive about this type of stuff, aren't we?
Since especially that infamous Leena has got kicked out of the board for pulling racist comments, I think the people on the board are on extra alert, me included.

robinhood
04-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Maybe is because there're a white one and a yellow one?

:) That might be it.

sigmagirl91
04-11-2005, 11:32 AM
So i had a little spare time in my evening, and i decided to watch the newly downloaded federer vs nadal torrent video. Heres what i found out:

This was TMI.

2. at 4-3 down 0-30, nadal gets a bad call that could've gotten him to 0-40, the replay shows this, but bad calls are everywhere these days, unfortunate but maybe that kept the match going.

Maybe, but who can be sure?

3. at 4-4 in the 3rd set, at the start of nadal's serve, the crowd starts chanting "roger, roger, roger" i almost cried like a baby in joy.

Really? Then why didn't you post it then instead of now?

4. In the end, when federer won, he not only threw his wristband to the crowd, but he actually threw his racket into the crowd, wow, if he had done that in the masters 2004, i would've been in the hospital.

HAHA LUCKY US ROGER FANS!!!!!! CHEERS!!!!

*yawn* Way to go, Roger.

Peoples
04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
You are right, Peoples. No need to be unfriendly. But I am thinking that these somewhat "hostile" reactions stem from how ugotlobbed has described his/her neighbor.

"Black" is a simple little word, and he/she maybe didn't mean anything by it, but in this day and age, we all are overly sensitive about this type of stuff, aren't we?
Since especially that infamous Leena has got kicked out of the board for pulling racist comments, I think the people on the board are on extra alert, me included.
Exactly, that's just a little off-topic detail and has nothing to do with racism :) In my opinion racism should be reported using the button and never replied to.

When you have different neighbours you just shortly describe them I guess. Ugotlobbed said nothing wrong there and there's nothing to discuss about that little detail or else you're being much more off-topic yourself.

CooCooCachoo
04-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Troll.

Smankyou
04-11-2005, 01:24 PM
My neighbours are all white and old.

How's that for pointless information?

I'm such a 'tard. Goodnight.

FrogBurger
04-11-2005, 02:21 PM
i was sure of this b/c i turned the speaker to full volume which probably had awoken my black neighbor.

Black neighbour? ;) :p ;)

avocadoe
04-11-2005, 02:49 PM
i thought it was probably a typo, ie "back neighbor", neighbor in the apartment back of mine...

ca1houn
04-11-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't think it was a racist comment I just was wondering what would be the point of stating that fact, I just curious to why.

ugotlobbed
04-11-2005, 04:38 PM

ok shut up already

tennischick
04-11-2005, 04:49 PM
did ya have to be a Fed fan :rolleyes:

tangerine_dream
04-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Yet another knee-jerk reaction to a non-issue. Since when was calling somebody black racist? :rolleyes: And no, maybe that little detail isn't necessary to add to any story but I doubt it had any racist underlining to it. After all, blacks are the first ones to point out what color you/they/their neighbor are and if you think I'm racist for pointing this fact out, come live in NYC where I am and say that again with a straight face.

Chloe le Bopper
04-11-2005, 05:51 PM
I didn't even notice that he called his neighbour black. Now that I have... so what?

Lady
04-11-2005, 06:02 PM
I don't think it was a racist comment I just was wondering what would be the point of stating that fact, I just curious to why.

Yes, me too! ;)
I was just wondering if that just meant something! ;)

I never accused anyone on being a racist on these boards, and I'm not going to start now! ;)

Pea
04-11-2005, 06:45 PM
:o Please bring on Monte Carlo ASAP!

ca1houn
04-12-2005, 05:16 AM
[Yet another knee-jerk reaction to a non-issue. Since when was calling somebody black racist? :rolleyes:

what the fuck are you talking about no one said he was racist.

MissMoJo
04-12-2005, 06:04 AM
I also don't know where this 'Stop crying racism' thing came from, who accused him? I would have asked about it if he'd said his white neighbor, his gay neighbor or his neighbor with the peg leg. Only that person knows what his state of mind is and he has a right to it, and i have a right to question his post if he chooses to share.

niko
04-12-2005, 06:16 AM
Some blacks are jewish, I think he is anti-semite. :p

niko
04-12-2005, 06:23 AM
But to be serious I think Nadal lost because he just got sick and tired of pulling caprice out of his ass.