Main Draw [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Main Draw

Wojtek
04-09-2005, 04:03 PM
http://www.atptennis.atponline.net/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/410/MDS.pdf

gravity
04-09-2005, 04:04 PM
No Nalbandian :(

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Gaudio has to play a qualifier.
Guga plays Ancic
Federer gets to bitchslap Rusedski around for 2 sets.

Tytta!.
04-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Guga :sad:

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Nadal vs Monfils is a good one as well.

Wojtek
Federer (1) vs. Rusedcki
El Aynaoui vs. Montanes
Verdasco vs. Gonzalez
Kuerten vs. Ancic (13)

Davydenko (10) vs. Melzner
Llodra vs. Costa
q vs. q
q vs. J.Johansson (7)

Gaudio (4) vs. q
Schuttler vs. Kiefer
q. vs. Calleri
Spedea vs. Stepanek (15)

Nadal (11) vs. Monflis :eek:
Chela vs. Malisse
Berdych vs. Horna
O.Rochus vs. Ljubicic (8)

Coria (6) vs. MAthieu
q vs. Beck
Starace vs. Martin
Lisnard vs. T.Johansson (12)

Hrbaty (14) vs. Ferrer
q vs. Lopez
Soderling vs. Santoro
Zabaleta vs. Henman (3)

Moya (6) vs. Puerta
q. Mayer
Arthus vs. Volandri
Andreev vs. Canas (9)

Novak (15) vs. Myrnyi
Ferrero vs. Karlovic
Saunier vs. Srichaphan
Lee vs. Safin (2)

renatoal
GOOO GUGAAAA !! GOO FEDEX ! Possible third round ...

gravity
I'm not so sure GWH. Rusedski has been working very hard at his clay court game, he could surprise a few here........

... and take a game off Federer :)

RickDaStick
Ljubicic-Nadal rematch 3rd round.

gravity
04-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Zabaleta against Henman. Can the gutless British choker build on RG2004? I hope not. :D

gravity
Ljubicic-Nadal rematch 3rd round.

Ljubicic is losing in the first round :yeah:

Action Jackson
Zabaleta to beat Henman again as he always has on clay.

RickDaStick
04-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Ljubicic is losing in the first round :yeah:

yea.............

gravity
04-09-2005, 04:13 PM
I think so too GWH. Hopefully Zaba is a good price so I can make some early money next week. I wonder how this will be priced?

Deboogle!.
:eek: What a nice looking draw!

bad gambler
ljuby will take out rochus

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Marat would have to be laughing at that draw he should be able to handle the first 2 matches.

Puerta against Moya, can Mariano do him again.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:15 PM
:eek: What a nice looking draw!

Barcelona is actually a stronger field than this one unfortunately.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:16 PM
I think so too GWH. Hopefully Zaba is a good price so I can make some early money next week. I wonder how this will be priced?

I think I am going to have some on both the Marianos.

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I meant nice in terms of the matchups and potential matchups - the way the draw ended up :)

bad gambler
04-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Marat would have to be laughing at that draw he should be able to handle the first 2 matches.

"should" being the operative word

User id 7816
04-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Juan Carlos has Karlovic and then Mirnyi or Novak.
well....JC if you do not make the 3rd round with this draw I will so :smash: you!!.....:p

Gaston seems good looking, seeing a Gaston - Rafa quarter from here :devil:

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:20 PM
I meant nice in terms of the matchups and potential matchups - the way the draw ended up :)

Coria definitely couldn't have asked for a better section of the draw, btw isn't the real clay tournament beginning on the 18th? :)

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:21 PM

If he can't beat Lee on a claycourt or either Saulnier or the Srich. Even by Marat standards those would be poor losses.

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 04:21 PM
You bet it is :p

Agree with your assessment of Safin's draw. He should roll early on.

bad gambler
04-09-2005, 04:23 PM
houston all the way :rocker2:

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi BG :smooch: ;) Isn't it some god-awful time of day for you?

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:25 PM
You bet it is :p

Agree with your assessment of Safin's draw. He should roll early on.

See I am not such a lowlife degenerate all the time.

I am just disappointed with the way the tournament is actually, it doesn't mean I won't watch it. Well there are some good matches, but some dog ones as well.

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 04:27 PM
See I am not such a lowlife degenerate all the time.I'm quite sure I never said such a thing!

I am just disappointed with the way the tournament is actually, it doesn't mean I won't watch it. Well there are some good matches, but some dog ones as well.At least you get to watch it :sad:

CooCooCachoo
Gooooo:

Roger
Albert [Sorry Younes]
Mika
Radek
Tomas
Oli <---> Ivan
Potito

Tojo cause he plays Lisnard
Fabrice
Filippo
Jiri

junekidd
Marat vs JC 3rd round :shrug:
Guga vs Roger 3rd round.... :banghead:

wish Marat and Guga could get there first...

Luna
Juan Carlos has Karlovic and then Mirnyi or Novak.
well....JC if you do not make the 3rd round with this draw I will so :smash: you!!.....:p

But we know he sicks of big serve and Karlovic is the kind of...thank god that's clay.

bad gambler
04-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Hi BG :smooch: ;) Isn't it some god-awful time of day for you?

yer, 2:30am, my cue to catch some :zzz:

i'd be lying if i said i was waiting for this draw with baited breath but having a look at some of the matchups i may actually watch some matches in the first week :p

CooCooCachoo
04-09-2005, 04:28 PM

Yes. I won't be surprised if Lee takes him out in three, first round.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm quite sure I never said such a thing!

Just a general perception.

At least you get to watch it :sad:

I am surprised you have the 2nd greatest clay tournament coming up and you are sad not to watch Monte Carlo?

Deboogle!.
yer, 2:30am, my cue to catch some :zzz:I'll say! Good lord!

i'd be lying if i said i was waiting for this draw with baited breath but having a look at some of the matchups i may actually watch some matches in the first week :pYea LOL. I just need something to help me procrastinate... following tennis accomplishes that quite well ;) Sadly, I get none of this tourney on tv :sad: :ras:

Action Jackson
Yes. I won't be surprised if Lee takes him out in three, first round.

Just for that comment.

Allez Lisnard.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:31 PM
i'd be lying if i said i was waiting for this draw with baited breath but having a look at some of the matchups i may actually watch some matches in the first week :p

You philistine, you'll learn. :)

CooCooCachoo
04-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Just for that comment.

Allez Lisnard.

:fiery:

:crying2:

toulic
04-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Pfff Monfils vs Nadal :eek: :eek: :eek:

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:35 PM
:fiery:

:crying2:

Strictly for the record. I don't share the loathing of Vicente, but we are in agreeance with Lisnard.

This guy has a shocking attitude for someone ranked where he is.

CooCooCachoo
04-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Strictly for the record. I don't share the loathing of Vicente, but we are in agreeance with Lisnard.

This guy has a shocking attitude for someone ranked where he is.

Lisnard :smash: :smash: :smash:

He is probably the most annoying player around

smucav
04-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Verdasco v. Gonzalez :)
How many linesman will come out unscathed from that match-up?

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Verdasco v. Gonzalez :)
How many linesman will come out unscathed from that match-up?

:scratch:

none? :p

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Mantilla, Acasuso and Koubek please make the Main draw, but knowing my luck one of them will face Gaudio and the other Calleri.

Pea
04-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Good luck to:

Roger Federer (1)
Younes El Aynaoui
Albert Montanes
Fernando Verdasco
Fernando Gonzalez
Gustavo Kuerten
Albert Costa
Gaston Gaudio (4)
Rainer Schuettler
Nicolas Kiefer
Agustin Calleri
Rafael Nadal (11) (this will teach monfils for constantly getting wildcards:devil:)
Juan Ignacio Chela
Xavier Malisse
Thomas Berdych
Olivier Rochus
Ivan Ljubicic (8)
Paul Henry Mathieu
Thomas Johansson (12)
Dominik Hrbaty (14)
Robin Soderling
Mariano Zabaleta
Mariano Puerta
Florian Mayer
Guillermo Canas (9)
Max Myrnyi
Paradorn Srichaphan
Hyung-Taik Lee
and Marat Safin (2)!!!!

DanEd
04-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Moya vs Puerta (Carlos´s nemesis), Zabaleta vs Henman (a classic) & Canas vs Andreev are the best first round matches.

mopje17
04-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Go Mario!!!!!!!!!!

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Just a general perception. Well then your perception was wrong :)

I am surprised you have the 2nd greatest clay tournament coming up and you are sad not to watch Monte Carlo? I'm selfish, what can I say? But, I don't get to watch that one either...

croat123
04-09-2005, 04:59 PM
has anyone noticed that mario has ended up in either federer's quarter of the draw in each of the last 3 tms events :tape:

and ivan gets nadal :fiery: ajmo!! crush him this time :D:D

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Well then your perception was wrong :)

I'm selfish, what can I say? But, I don't get to watch that one either...

Come on you miss the chance to see Ducky do well on clay, that would have to hurt wouldn't it?

El Legenda
04-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Nadal big Ad if he plays Ljubo in 3rd round...but Ljubo can play on clay...Good Match if it happens..

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Come on you miss the chance to see Ducky do well on clay, that would have to hurt wouldn't it?I don't really have a choice :lol: I don't live there anymore so I can't go, and I can't get The Tennis Channel yet.

I'm sure I'll survive ;)

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't really have a choice :lol: I don't live there anymore so I can't go, and I can't get The Tennis Channel yet.

I'm sure I'll survive ;)

Once you are earning the big bucks then you can go to whatever tournament. Like I said Fumus and yourself should be coaching him.

This is my time of the year and I'll enjoy watching this event, though not the commentary, at the same time it's better than the clowns the American audiences have to put up with.

Corey Feldman
04-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Cya Henman.

kingkent
04-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Good luck:

Federer (1)
El Aynaoui
Verdasco
Kuerten
Ancic (13)
Davydenko (10)
Costa
J.Johansson (7)
Gaudio (4)
Schuttler
Calleri
Stepanek (15)
Nadal (11)
Monflis
Malisse
Berdych
O.Rochus
Ljubicic (8)
Coria (6)
Starace
T.Johansson (12)
Hrbaty (14)
Lopez
Soderling
Zabaleta
Moya (6)
Volandri
Canas (9)
Novak (15)
Myrnyi
Ferrero
Srichaphan
Lee
Safin (2)

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Once you are earning the big bucks then you can go to whatever tournament. Like I said Fumus and yourself should be coaching him. haha. if I were going to spend money to go to Houston, it would be to see all my friends there, not to see tennis. If I were going to spend oodles of money on a tennis tourney, I'd surely go somewhere more interesting than Houston :p I'm going to the LA tourney in July, gonna take a week off work. So I'm not complaining :) Does that tournament meet your seal of approval?

at the same time it's better than the clowns the American audiences have to put up with. Don't get me started, I just suffered through Pam Shriver and Tim Ryan commentating on a women's match.

jazz_girl
04-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Moya vs Puerta for the third time this year? Mariano will be happy, although a little too tired...Nadal vs Monfils should be interesting and Zabaleta vs Henman will be great! :yeah:

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:15 PM
haha. if I were going to spend money to go to Houston, it would be to see all my friends there, not to see tennis. If I were going to spend oodles of money on a tennis tourney, I'd surely go somewhere more interesting than Houston :p I'm going to the LA tourney in July, gonna take a week off work. So I'm not complaining :) Does that tournament meet your seal of approval?

Houston is the 2nd best clay tourney as we have established earlier on, so that would be worth it. LA is the practical choice at the moment, it's live tennis that has to be good enough. One thing did you know those ladies who had chickens/ducks at Indian Wells cheering for the Duck?

Don't get me started, I just suffered through Pam Shriver and Tim Ryan commentating on a women's match.

It's true that women have a higher pain threshold and that above sentence says it all. We have 1 American commentator on my coverage and he isn't too bad.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Moya vs Puerta for the third time this year? Mariano will be happy, although a little too tired...Nadal vs Monfils should be interesting and Zabaleta vs Henman will be great! :yeah:

I hope Zaba can play Henman like he did in Rome. He was inspired that day and played outstanding tennis especially in the last 2 sets.

Mariano has won their 3 matches on clay.

David Kenzie
04-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Coria v Mathieu ! I'd love to see that one !

CooCooCachoo
Once you are earning the big bucks then you can go to whatever tournament. Like I said Fumus and yourself should be coaching him.

This is my time of the year and I'll enjoy watching this event, though not the commentary, at the same time it's better than the clowns the American audiences have to put up with.

What channel :shrug:

Deboogle!.
Houston is the 2nd best clay tourney as we have established earlier on, so that would be worth it. LA is the practical choice at the moment, it's live tennis that has to be good enough. One thing did you know those ladies who had chickens/ducks at Indian Wells cheering for the Duck? Well I'll just have to be satisfied that I went last year and saw it once. I'm a practical person, what can I say?! And no, sadly, I didn't know anyone who went to IW and sat in the stadium.

It's true that women have a higher pain threshold and that above sentence says it all. We have 1 American commentator on my coverage and he isn't too bad. :haha: Guess so. Well not all of ours are bad. I love Mary Carillo. And Courier and Johnny Mac are good most of the time.

CooCooCachoo
04-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Mantilla, Acasuso and Koubek please make the Main draw, but knowing my luck one of them will face Gaudio and the other Calleri.

:lol: I'd be shocked if Mantílla makes the main draw. I'd be a little bit shocked if Koubek does. Acasuso has a fair chance, but it's more like 50/50 for him I think. Quite some good players in the qualies draw.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Coria v Mathieu ! I'd love to see that one !

Coria in straight sets.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:24 PM
:lol: I'd be shocked if Mantílla makes the main draw. I'd be a little bit shocked if Koubek does. Acasuso has a fair chance, but it's more like 50/50 for him I think. Quite some good players in the qualies draw.

Mantilla plays Haehnel in the next match, that is very winnable and Koubek has a winnable match as well.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:25 PM
What channel :shrug:

You mean the channel that I am watching this event on or the American commentator who doesn't irritate me?

CooCooCachoo
04-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Mantilla plays Haehnel in the next match, that is very winnable and Koubek has a winnable match as well.

But Felíx misses match rhythm and, even though he has had some fair results on clay this year, has yet to beat a really good player. He did beat Ferrer, but he was not in such great shape in the South American clay tourneys. Beating Gallardo Valles, Hernandez, Marc Lopez and Adrian Garcia is not impressive (some in three sets too). Losing to Vassallo Arguello and Marach is even more worrying. I am hoping he can return to his former level, but I don't expect much.

But, at least his dominance against Patience is a good sign.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Well I'll just have to be satisfied that I went last year and saw it once. I'm a practical person, what can I say?! And no, sadly, I didn't know anyone who went to IW and sat in the stadium.

Well practical is the best way to be, but I'll think of you while I am watching Monte Carlo on TV.

:haha: Guess so. Well not all of ours are bad. I love Mary Carillo. And Courier and Johnny Mac are good most of the time.

Carillo lost me years ago with her incessant bile about Muster. Johnny Mac is Johnny Mac he is good and is not shy about letting you know how good he is. Courier I can take or leave him and it's usually leave him.

CooCooCachoo
04-09-2005, 05:29 PM
You mean the channel that I am watching this event on or the American commentator who doesn't irritate me?

The channel you watch it on.. But you probably have some Aussie channel broadcasting it. In Holland, it really sucks. Have to rely on Eurosport for tennis, and frankly that isn't very good.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:34 PM
But Felíx misses match rhythm and, even though he has had some fair results on clay this year, has yet to beat a really good player. He did beat Ferrer, but he was not in such great shape in the South American clay tourneys. Beating Gallardo Valles, Hernandez, Marc Lopez and Adrian Garcia is not impressive (some in three sets too). Losing to Vassallo Arguello and Marach is even more worrying. I am hoping he can return to his former level, but I don't expect much.

But, at least his dominance against Patience is a good sign.

Don't forget Felix was injured for a large part of last year and that caused him to miss a lot of fitness work. If you wanted no rhythm his first match of the year at AO was an example of this, he played well for 1 set and won it, but was bad after this.

He is back in the top 100 that was better than before. I don't care how long it takes for him to beat some of the players and I don't have a problem with the odd bad loss. The thing that worries me is that he lost to Martin in a 3rd set tiebreaker in Buenos Aires a guy he has never lost to and he lost a 3rd set breaker to Puerta as well. This is the mental thing and he needs to win these matches.

He won't get back to his former level, but as long as he is prepared to run and you know he'll never give up those are good signs that he can have a good run somewhere.

RonE
Federer stuck with Guga again :(

At least if they do meet it will be interesting to see wether Roger has learned anything from last year's pasting.

Deboogle!.
I'll think of you while I am watching Monte Carlo on TV. gee, thanks :)

Carillo lost me years ago with her incessant bile about Muster. Johnny Mac is Johnny Mac he is good and is not shy about letting you know how good he is. Courier I can take or leave him and it's usually leave him. I like Carillo's sarcasm. I guess I have nothing to compare them to, but compared to the PMac's and Ted Robinsons and Tim Ryans and Pam Shrivers of the world, I'll take those three any day. Cliffy's not so bad either.

Ron, I wouldn't worry too much about Guga... I think it's going to take him a while to get back to his top form. He might not even make it to a match against Roger - the winner of Verdasco/Gonzo would be a difficult one on clay.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:36 PM
The channel you watch it on.. But you probably have some Aussie channel broadcasting it. In Holland, it really sucks. Have to rely on Eurosport for tennis, and frankly that isn't very good.

It's actually Sky Sports the international feed, so it's the same as Sjengster gets. We only have the Eurosport teletex, too bad you weren't around in the glory days of Eurosport. They even showed Hilversum when the Dutch Open was there, try getting that now.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:38 PM
gee, thanks :)

I like Carillo's sarcasm. I guess I have nothing to compare them to, but compared to the PMac's and Ted Robinsons and Tim Ryans and Pam Shrivers of the world, I'll take those three any day. Cliffy's not so bad either.

You are a fan and want to see more tennis than what you get and that can only be good.

Good point on Carillo, she still irritates me. I am not sure whether I'd agree with John Mac's comments about women commentating on mens tennis, but I don't rate her. PMac I have heard is a very good guy, but I also heard banal is being kind to him.

MrOschie
04-09-2005, 05:39 PM
yeah top draw schuettler vs kiwi :smash:

CooCooCachoo
04-09-2005, 05:40 PM
It's actually Sky Sports the international feed, so it's the same as Sjengster gets. We only have the Eurosport teletex, too bad you weren't around in the glory days of Eurosport. They even showed Hilversum when the Dutch Open was there, try getting that now.

Here, we only get live tennis from the Dutch Open on the final day I think. And just some short clips of the day :rolleyes:

Sjengster
04-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Ah, so you'll enjoy wall to wall Henman coverage too... for one match at least. There is still a slim probability that he'll survive the first round, something you can't say about Grinning Greg. They'd better have interactive coverage here and show the semis/final live, something they didn't bother with last year.

rocketrajic
04-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Some really good matchups in first round:

Verdasco - Gonzalez (a third set tie-break possibly)
Ancic - Kuerten (again Ancic is not lucky with the draw, but I think that he can beat Guga with Guga's current form)
Schuettler - Kiefer (german battle)
Nadal - Monfils (battle of the two bests 18 year old player, I hope that Monfils will teke Rafa out)
Coria - Mathieu
Zabaleta - Henman (very tough match-up for Tim and he will loose)
Andreev - Canas (will Igor have enough energy for Canas)
Ferrero - Karlovic (battle of contrasts, if Ivo wins this one, I will be the first one to laugh)

rocketrajic
04-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Good luck to:

Federer
ANCIC :wavey:
Gaudio
Monfils
LJUBICIC :wavey:
Moya
KARLOVIC :wavey:
Safin

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Here, we only get live tennis from the Dutch Open on the final day I think. And just some short clips of the day :rolleyes:

Martijn, how else do you think I learnt to love the fact that Jerry Seinfeld Clavet won Hilversum as a Lucky Loser, it was all thanks to Eurosport when it was decent.

uNIVERSE mAN
04-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Coria definitely couldn't have asked for a better section of the draw, btw isn't the real clay tournament beginning on the 18th? :)

PHM is no pushover on Clay.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Ah, so you'll enjoy wall to wall Henman coverage too... for one match at least. There is still a slim probability that he'll survive the first round, something you can't say about Grinning Greg. They'd better have interactive coverage here and show the semis/final live, something they didn't bother with last year.

I don't even get the option of interactive coverage. Yes, the Henman propaganda will be in full force and the voices were shrilled when Zaba turned on the style and took him out in Rome.

A least Goodall can pronounce Båstad properly and pays the right respect to Kent Carlsson. :)

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:51 PM
PHM is no pushover on Clay.

Did I say he was? Mathieu if he gets into a good position against weasel Coria, he will bottle it. Monfils is more of the future than Mathieu is in regard to French tennis.

me_luv_Dommy
04-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Good luck, Dommy!! Beat Ferrer this time!!!

Carito_90
04-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Guille's draw doesn't look too hard till the finals, thats good :) Come on Guille, time to show everyone who the real King of Clay is :banana:

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 05:56 PM
I never knew there was an official coronation of a clay king and the ATP is now a dictatorial monarchy.

uNIVERSE mAN
04-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Isn't there some type of sanctions on the Duck for not showing up in Monte Carlo while he's not even injured. Plus, it's a disrespect to Prince Rainier.

uNIVERSE mAN
04-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I've a feeling Nadal will be ultra-ferocious in the Monfils match. Looking for a bagel in there somewhere.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Isn't there some type of sanctions on the Duck for not showing up in Monte Carlo while he's not even injured. Plus, it's a disrespect to Prince Rainier.

We know this and the Duckfans know this. Houston is the 2nd biggest clay tournament in the world and this ruins his preparation for this event.

The thing is I don't care that the Americans have run away and hid from this event, it's just that they shouldn't be whining when players who don't like faster surfaces don't turn up to these events.

Disclaimer if they are a top player then they should play on all surfaces, whether they like them or not.

David Kenzie
04-09-2005, 06:07 PM
I seem to remember he actually withdrew from Miami with a wrist injury during his 1st round match against Verdasco. And I know very weel what that kind of injury is like :(
I'm not saying that he would have come to Monaco had he not been injured, but it surly doesn't help.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 06:10 PM
I seem to remember he actually withdrew from Miami with a wrist injury during his 1st round match against Verdasco. And I know very weel what that kind of injury is like :(
I'm not saying that he would have come to Monaco had he not been injured, but it surly doesn't help.

You haven't been following the news with him. Roddick in his own words after he withdrew from Miami said it was precautionary. Two he is playing an exhibition in Houston at the moment, this has been proven to be incorrect. Three he said he'd be ready for Houston and never had the pretence of coming to Monte Carlo.

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 06:11 PM
You are a fan and want to see more tennis than what you get and that can only be good. Of course. I like any and all tennis, no matter who's playing. We are working very hard to get Comcast (the biggest cable company in the US) to add the Tennis Channel. The deal nationwide is signed, but we have to get each city to decide to launch it individually. I'm hoping there might be news for Southern California by Rome, but I'm not holding my breath.

PMac I have heard is a very good guy, but I also heard banal is being kind to him. Yea, that's basically true. He has a lot of "PMacisms" that he says all the time, which are either amusing or annoying, depending on your opinion. My biggest problem with him is that he salivates over a few players and it really makes watching those matches nauseating. I think he should be banned from commentating any matches of his Davis Cup "Chickens" (as Cliffy calls them), and he makes watching Roger nearly intolerable. He's also rather annoying about Andre, Marat, and Nadal. He could just take it down a notch, there are definitely worse.

Haas? Not injured, playing an exhibition in Houston this week. Agassi? Not injured. Fish? not injured. What exactly is your point? We had this discussion. You're late ;) The sanctions are in the rule book. Either the players get sanctioned, or they don't, and it goes by ranking. It's not a choice. GWH, that's not exactly right... it sounds like his wrist took about a week to completely heal, and it was immobilized for a few days, so pulling out of that match was not entirely precautionary, there was an actual injury. Also, he played one exhibition match, but he and Mardy aren't actually in the exhibition draw like Haas is. But no, NONE of these guys ever planned on going to Monte Carlo. No need to just pick out one of them to shit on. Viva MTF! :rocker2:

CooCooCachoo
04-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Martijn, how else do you think I learnt to love the fact that Jerry Seinfeld Clavet won Hilversum as a Lucky Loser, it was all thanks to Eurosport when it was decent.

Francisco :worship:

I liked him!

RaVeR
04-09-2005, 06:17 PM
pffff...terrible draw for Croats:sad::sad::help::mad::rolleyes:

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Of course. I like any and all tennis, no matter who's playing. We are working very hard to get Comcast (the biggest cable company in the US) to add the Tennis Channel. The deal nationwide is signed, but we have to get each city to decide to launch it individually. I'm hoping there might be news for Southern California by Rome, but I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck with that anyway, it's a worthy cause.

Yea, that's basically true. He has a lot of "PMacisms" that he says all the time, which are either amusing or annoying, depending on your opinion. My biggest problem with him is that he salivates over a few players and it really makes watching those matches nauseating. I think he should be banned from commentating any matches of his Davis Cup "Chickens" (as Cliffy calls them), and he makes watching Roger nearly intolerable. He's also rather annoying about Andre, Marat, and Nadal. He could just take it down a notch, there are definitely worse.

He takes fawning to a new level from what I gather. In a way it's funny when you can tell that they don't like someone.

Haas? Not injured, playing an exhibition in Houston this week. Agassi? Not injured. Fish? not injured. What exactly is your point? We had this discussion. You're late ;) The sanctions are in the rule book. Either the players get sanctioned, or they don't, and it goes by ranking. It's not a choice. GWH, that's not exactly right... it sounds like his wrist took about a week to completely heal, and it was immobilized for a few days, so pulling out of that match was not entirely precautionary, there was an actual injury. Also, he played one exhibition match, but he and Mardy aren't actually in the exhibition draw like Haas is. But no, NONE of these guys ever planned on going to Monte Carlo. No need to just pick out one of them to shit on. Viva MTF! :rocker2:

Yes, I know Roddick was injured and wasn't one of the people saying that he faked his injury. He was smart enough to pull out when he had a problem, the only problem I have is that he never had any intention of going to Monaco, but we all know this.

I am actually very consistent on this issue and I have ripped on Agassi for years about skipping Monte Carlo and Hamburg. It reminds of me an old comment. Players shouldn't skip Masters events unless they have a legit injury, but if a whole bunch of Spaniards and Argentines couldn't be bothered going to one of the non-clay TMS event they'd get ripped and deservedly so.

richard gasquet
04-09-2005, 06:23 PM
OMG :eek:

what is this draw??? :(

gael facing nadal since the first round!!!!!!!! :smash:

fight gael and show all your ambition and talent! :yippee: :yippee:

paulo facing coria.Difficult very difficult but not impossible :) Allez paulo!!you re a real fighter and play with your heart, a real lion :D

waiting for richard now...

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 06:29 PM
He takes fawning to a new level from what I gather. In a way it's funny when you can tell that they don't like someone. Quite right - my personal fave is when he shits on the American "B-team" of Mardy, Taylor, and Robby that they're not working hard enough.

the only problem I have is that he never had any intention of going to Monaco, but we all know this. Well yes, but his fans have a problem with this too. And as a fan of Mardy's, it ticks me off that he pulled out too - especially since he didn't get direct entry to Rome and Hamburg and he makes Andy look like a future Roland Garros champ on clay.

As for my comment about inconsistency... that was directed for Universe Man, my fault for being unclear. I said last year that Houston should be moved. It was a little better last year in that it was before MC. And last year Andy was intending to go - he just poorly planned his schedule and I saw in person that he truly was exhausted and he would not have won a match at MC anyway. But anyway, the fact that Houston is after MC is just ridiculous. Most players in their right mind wouldn't want to make an extra trans-atlantic trip and they seem to not want to give up Houston for whatever reason. so IMO until something changes with Houston, a lot of these players will continue to do the wrong thing.

Personally, I think Houston should be before MC, especially now that Davis Cup QFs are not in between Miami and the clay season. I can understand the logic that a lot of the players who play Houston do not love clay that much and it does make sense on some level that they would want to get their feet wet on it in a place where the draw is weaker and also where they are mentally more comfortable. That's cool, I get that. But to play Houston instead of a Masters event is beyond my comprehension just as much as yours.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 06:37 PM
Quite right - my personal fave is when he shits on the American "B-team" of Mardy, Taylor, and Robby that they're not working hard enough.

PMac in the industry would be known as a "starfucker", someone who only wants to fawn or do other things with the bigwigs. There is some truth in they need to work harder, but at the same time the weaknesses of all players should be highlighted.

Well yes, but his fans have a problem with this too. And as a fan of Mardy's, it ticks me off that he pulled out too - especially since he didn't get direct entry to Rome and Hamburg and he makes Andy look like a future Roland Garros champ on clay.

As for my comment about inconsistency... that was directed for Universe Man, my fault for being unclear. I said last year that Houston should be moved. It was a little better last year in that it was before MC. And last year Andy was intending to go - he just poorly planned his schedule and I saw in person that he truly was exhausted and he would not have won a match at MC anyway.

It does devalue the tournament when these players don't show up and you know my loathing for most of the players on the missing list. That is why I said Barcelona is actually a stronger event than Monte Carlo, where this would have been laughable a few years ago.

But anyway, the fact that Houston is after MC is just ridiculous. Most players in their right mind wouldn't want to make an extra trans-atlantic trip and they seem to not want to give up Houston for whatever reason. so IMO until something changes with Houston, a lot of these players will continue to do the wrong thing

Jim has got plenty of coin and he must pay big guarantees or provide other services to make them miss a TMS. At the same time these players think I am not going to do anything over there, so I'll save the trip. It has won joint IS event of the year twice, it must have something besides cult "Mickey Mouse" status.

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 06:43 PM
It has won joint IS event of the year twice, it must have something besides cult "Mickey Mouse" status.He treats the players extremely extremely well and from what I understand the players' facilities are very nice. And it is a well-run event, very professional and organized, yet everyone who works there is nice and makes you feel welcome and appreciated.

At players' practices and in their on-court post-match interviews and the like, you could just get a sense that the players were really happy and enjoying themselves and happy to be there. It can be a mickey mouse event in terms of the quality of the field but still be a nice tournament to play in and attend, no?

But again, none of this excuses the players who decide to play Houston in lieu of MC. My opinion is that if a player doesn't want to make two trans-Atlantic trips that they should go play MC and stay in Europe god forbid and either play one of the better events there or take the week to practice really hard.

uNIVERSE mAN
04-09-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm not ripping on Roddick alone. He's the highest profile non-injured player to pull out, if the official sanctions for not attending a TMS event are listed, please give me the link. I missed any earlier discussion about it.

Plus, the comments he made about spontaneity etc. on his official website, didn't exactly sound like he was being overly precautious to his injury.

And your comments about Agassi, Fish and Haas. Agassi can't play a full sched due to his age, that's entirely understandable. Fish, like it was said is not required to attend since he doesn't have a direct entry. And Haas, I wonder if he's even a serious tennis player anymore. What's with the ridiculous exhibition event in the middle of a calender year????

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 06:48 PM
At players' practices and in their on-court post-match interviews and the like, you could just get a sense that the players were really happy and enjoying themselves and happy to be there. It can be a mickey mouse event in terms of the quality of the field but still be a nice tournament to play in and attend, no?

After the TMC debacle he needed to lift his game, but that's not the issue. It's the best "Mickey Mouse" event, but the players are happy with it and the fans then that's the most important thing.

But again, none of this excuses the players who decide to play Houston in lieu of MC. My opinion is that if a player doesn't want to make two trans-Atlantic trips that they should go play MC and stay in Europe god forbid and either play one of the better events there or take the week to practice really hard.

We agree on this and you see my point about if there was a mass non-committment of players to the North American TMS events, they wouldn't be happy, then again they might be. :)

Deboogle!.
04-09-2005, 06:52 PM
if the official sanctions for not attending a TMS event are listed, please give me the link. I missed any earlier discussion about it.

They're in the ATP rulebook http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/en/players/ATP_Rulebook_2005.pdf I don't remember exactly where, but you can poke around and find it. There were discussions about Andy and others not attending MC in several threads in this forum. There's not much more to say - fans and non-fans alike agree that he and the others should play.

Plus, the comments he made about spontaneity etc. on his official website, didn't exactly sound like he was being overly precautious to his injury. First, that was a cop-off of the Houston Chronicle article. Second, you're obviously not aware of Andy's sarcasm if you thought him talking about being spontaneous meant he was actually considering going to Monte Carlo. Third, his website revised his schedule a week or two ago and Monte Carlo disappeared. He was clearly never planning to attend, and I don't think there's many who will disagree with that. Thankfully, Rome and Hamburg are still there, so I am trying to be optimistic that he'll show up.

Fish, like it was said is not required to attend since he doesn't have a direct entry. Maybe you misunderstood me. Of the three Masters on clay, MC was the only one Mardy DID get direct entry to. That's why I said he should've played, b/c there's no way he'll qualify for Rome and/or Hamburg, if he even bothers to try.

And Haas, I wonder if he's even a serious tennis player anymore. What's with the ridiculous exhibition event in the middle of a calender year???? I don't follow his career as closely.... but the River Oaks exhibition carries almost as much money as an ATP-level tourney, yet it's just a glorified exhibition tournament. who knows why he chose not to play Monte Carlo. But it probably has something to do with the extra trip and not wanting to do that. I can understand someone like James Blake playing it because he needs to rebuild his confidence and get matches under his belt... but Tommy? who knows. He's capable enough on clay, he could win a couple matches at MC at least, but :shrug: it's the same exactl deal as Andy. He just doesn't want to for whatever reason.

We agree on this and you see my point about if there was a mass non-committment of players to the North American TMS events, they wouldn't be happy, then again they might be. :) Yes, I do agree. It's like when some of the players skipped Wimbledon. Ridiculous. It's a Grand Slam. The players need to play all the required events, barring injury or other viable reason not to play. We better quit while we're ahead.. this could be a pivotal moment in MTF history ;)

Ok I think we've beat this horse to death yet again. Have a nice day/evening/night, folks :wavey:

uNIVERSE mAN
04-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Sorry, I messed up about Fish's direct entry into Monte Carlo.

Aleksa's Laydee
04-09-2005, 07:46 PM
:banghead: Noooooooooooooooo Greg :sobbing:

Good Luck:
Greg, Joachim, Tojo, Jiri, Igor

knight_ley
04-09-2005, 07:56 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? KIWI VS RAINER IN ROUND ONE???

*pouts*

VAMOS RAFA!!! & Good luck to Kiwi!!!

+alonso
04-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Feña Gonzalez v/s Fernando Verdasco :eek:
Nooooooo :sad:

Scotso
04-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Not a great draw for Karol, but I guess it could be worse. I wish he would improve his ranking a little more so he could get seeded.

No Robredo :sad:

good luck:

Albert Montanes
Fernando Verdasco :D
Mario Ancic :D
Jurgen Melzer
Joachim Johansson
Gaston Gaudio
Rainer Schuttler
Nicolas Kiefer
Vince Spadea
:worship: Rafael Nadal :worship:
Olivier Rochus
Paul-Henri Mathieu :D
:worship: Karol Beck :worship:
Jean-Rene Lisnard
Thomas Johansson
Dominik Hrbaty
David Ferrer :D
Feliciano Lopez
Robin Soderling
Florian Mayer
Filippo Volandri
Igor Andreev
Juan Carlos Ferrero :D

El Legenda
04-09-2005, 09:47 PM
GoOooOOooooO LJUBO!!!!

Denaon
04-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Oh, Puerta send the mallorqui back home (again) please! :banana:

-ernie-
04-09-2005, 10:37 PM
David committed to this tourny i wonder why he isnt in the draw? :confused: :sobbing:

KoOlMaNsEaN
04-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Allez Roger,Gael,X-Man,Juanqui!

Billabong
04-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Terrible draw for Guga:sad: This will be tough to get rhythm:( GO GUGAAAAAAAAA:bounce:!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruski
04-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Marat, don't be an OAF!!! :smash:
It's the clay season now, the surface you are good at!!!! ;)
You have a good draw, and don't waste this opportunity to step up!!! :(

Iheartandy&roger
04-10-2005, 12:25 AM
This is going to be a great tourney good luck to all in this tourney!

Cris
04-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Go Marat and Guga!!! :bounce:

RogiFan88
04-10-2005, 03:29 AM

I think so, George! ;)

silverwhite
04-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Paulo vs Coria :help:

Poljud
04-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Urgh....Ancic vs Guga first round, Ivan on course to meet Nadal...Karlovic vs Ferrero first round...Not good from Croat point of view.

missroddickfan
04-10-2005, 01:07 PM
ancic-guga in a 1st rnd is a really good match :)
good luck safin

AlexisIII
04-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Nadal vs. Chela in the second round!
This week tournament winners (Puerta and Andreev) will lose in the 1 st round!
Ferrero has the easiest draw! No clay players until 1/4!

Five
04-10-2005, 04:05 PM
No Roddick no Hewitt :eek: :eek:

basil333
04-11-2005, 12:03 AM
No Henman - after tomorrow.......