USTA Membership [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USTA Membership

ae wowww
04-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Is this good value? I am now a member :) But because it was sehr cheap, I didn't really see what I get... Saw TENNIS magazine :D
Anyone members here?

shaoyu
04-07-2005, 05:10 PM
You have to be a member in order to play in USTA leagues, that's one of the greater values of being a USTA member.

Fee
04-07-2005, 06:15 PM
It's kind of a waste of money unless you are going to play in USTA leagues. You don't need to be a member to play the Pro Circuit. Did you sign up online or did you actually speak to someone?

ktwtennis
04-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm a member, and like they said, you really just need it for leagues and tournaments at clubs...

ae wowww
04-07-2005, 06:20 PM
It's kind of a waste of money unless you are going to play in USTA leagues. You don't need to be a member to play the Pro Circuit. Did you sign up online or did you actually speak to someone?

That's not why I joined Fee, I already qualify to play Pro Circuit with my IPIN etc. I just wanted to join anyway-I did it online, yeah.

Angle Queen
04-07-2005, 06:58 PM
I play in a league...so I need it. And I do enjoy the magazine. The other nice (albeit) small benefit has to do with tickets for certain events. Members got first/early priority to buy DC Tie packages and we get a discount day at the Legg Mason (which is my only nearby tournament...and the "discount" is for a mid-week thing and is actually through my local "section"...which, however, I'm a member of by virture of my USTA membership and league fees).

In the grander scheme of things, I do think...hope...being a member...helps support the sport. I like to complain a lot about the USTA but I think their Welcome Center campaign is a step in the right direction. Lots more to be done though...

superpinkone37
04-07-2005, 08:00 PM
I play in a league...so I need it. And I do enjoy the magazine. The other nice (albeit) small benefit has to do with tickets for certain events. Members got first/early priority to buy DC Tie packages and we get a discount day at the Legg Mason (which is my only nearby tournament...and the "discount" is for a mid-week thing and is actually through my local "section"...which, however, I'm a member of by virture of my USTA membership and league fees).

In the grander scheme of things, I do think...hope...being a member...helps support the sport. I like to complain a lot about the USTA but I think their Welcome Center campaign is a step in the right direction. Lots more to be done though...

Same here. I joined USTA for some of the leagues I am in, as well as a few of the small local tournaments I have been in. The discounts havent really been anything special, but yeah the cool thing was being able to get DC tickets early. I dont know, for me since I am under 18 and it only costs me 15 bucks, just the magazine is worth it. But yeah, anything to help promote tennis is fine by me.

Fee
04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Since you signed up online you may get an email from them in the next few days. Not sure they do international memberships. Keep me posted. :D

ae wowww
04-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Since you signed up online you may get an email from them in the next few days. Not sure they do international memberships. Keep me posted. :D

:eek: I was thinking that too, Fee! But they offered the different country options on payment etc.

tennisphan
04-07-2005, 09:59 PM
US Open presale
US Open ticket upgrades

are the only things I have ever used it for

aceit
04-07-2005, 10:05 PM
I've been signed up since I was about 10 and I have a lifetime membership.

I absoultly love getting the magazines every month and luckily I'll always continue to keep getting them. But the main reason I signed up was to play tournaments so it's 100% worth it personally.

The only benefits I can think about are USO related.

ae wowww
05-18-2005, 09:19 PM

My card etc. finally arrived today-it says I'm an international member on it. Yay :D

joeb_uk
05-18-2005, 09:26 PM
My card etc. finally arrived today-it says I'm an international member on it. Yay :D
What other goodies did you get aewow?

ae wowww
05-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Lol I don't know, yet! But presumably the same as 'the others'!

joeb_uk
05-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Ahh you said some stuff arrived :D but nothing any good?

NYCtennisfan
05-19-2005, 04:01 AM

Very well put.

US Open presale
US Open ticket upgrades

are the only things I have ever used it for

Most of us in the NYC area sign up for this reason:)

ae wowww
05-19-2005, 07:22 AM
No Joe, just the confirmation of being a member arrived so far... Just like the card and some leaflets.

binkygirl
05-19-2005, 08:09 AM
I've been signed up since I was about 10 and I have a lifetime membership.

I absoultly love getting the magazines every month and luckily I'll always continue to keep getting them. But the main reason I signed up was to play tournaments so it's 100% worth it personally.

The only benefits I can think about are USO related.

How much is a lifetime membership?