Wojtek
04-07-2005, 12:47 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Fergie
04-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Oh Guga :sad:

Billabong
04-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Nobody did, this was just a HORRIBLE match for Guga.. usually he's a good server, but these stats are out of this world..

I hope he knows what he has to work on now:sad:... go guga!!

syd
04-07-2005, 12:48 PM
he needs time

misyou25
04-07-2005, 12:50 PM
winning against olli and then losing in the second round....guga...:(

Experimentee
04-07-2005, 12:58 PM
He had a good win against Ollie, I wonder what happened here? :confused:
I guess he is still inconsistent on his comeback, and needs more practice.

SwiSha
04-07-2005, 01:11 PM
keep ur head up GUGA !!!!
you ll be good !!!

RonE
04-07-2005, 01:14 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

To lose by such a scoreline. :sad: :sad: :sad:

CooCooCachoo
04-07-2005, 01:17 PM
:eek:

1) Martín winning two matches in a row

2) Guga crushing Oli, now this

Very strange :eek:

NATAS81
04-07-2005, 01:40 PM
I hope Brazil fails to qualify for World Cup.

Purple Rainbow
04-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Ouch! :eek:
Better luck next tourney, Guga! Hope this was just a one-time fluke.

richard gasquet
04-07-2005, 01:54 PM
oh no guga :sad:

hope he will be better for Roland Garros. :)

Dirk
04-07-2005, 02:19 PM
It's only his 2nd match back people calm down.

TheMightyFed
04-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Who the hell is this Martin ? Rogi can stop his nigthmares of Kuerten eating him with paprika on Chatrier court.... :smoke:

SuperFurryAnimal
04-07-2005, 02:25 PM
:sad: :bigcry: :hysteric:
Nooooo... I hate this! Why is Guga losing?? :awww:

Rezandinah
04-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Guga... :sad:
He's really not anymore the same player as the one who won Roland Garros three times :sad:

Lee
04-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Guga... :sad:
He's really not anymore the same player as the one who won Roland Garros three times :sad:

:rolleyes: Yeah, how can a player missed 7 months on the tour be the same player winning all clay court matches a few years ago?

It's not surprising that Guga lost his 2nd round match, it's the scoreline that's scary. :sad:

Dirk
04-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Can we wait until after the clay season to sum of Guga's year please?

Sjengster
04-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Who the hell is this Martin ? Rogi can stop his nigthmares of Kuerten eating him with paprika on Chatrier court.... :smoke:

The Pisser is back! This is his time of year anyway, especially this early part of the clay season - he's made Monte Carlo QFs three out of the last four years, and beat Grosjean and Calleri en route last year. Remember Nadal's first finals victim this year?

Geniey2g
04-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Too the words outta my mouth; give the man a chance to get some rhythm back!

Billabong
04-07-2005, 05:49 PM

I totally approve you:yeah:!! Please give him a chance, Guga even didn't expect to win a match here!

NYCtennisfan
04-07-2005, 06:24 PM

EXACTLY! I'm surprised by the scoreline but not by the result. It takes time to find one's rhythm and form on the merciless ATP tour.

Hantuchov
04-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Guga :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

juligen
04-07-2005, 06:58 PM
I hope Brazil fails to qualify for World Cup.

no. We won't AND probably we will win the damn thing again!!!!!
you know.... for the SIX TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

fedpras
04-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Did anyone see this match? I'm curious about what made the score so uneven. Did Guga just commit a lot of unforced errors?

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 07:26 PM
We can't wait that long before coming to conclusions about other players, so why offer Guga that respect? ;)

Dirk
04-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Which players' years did we assess too early Becca?

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Which players' years did we assess too early Becca?
A lot of people wrote JCF off after he lost to Nadal :)

Dirk
04-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Oh. I must admit I did that that was very bad result for JC. I don't think his year is over or clay season but it is a setback. At least he is healthy physically. Just needs to get his confidence back. Really I have no idea why he was not in South America playing on clay and building up his ranking down there. If he wants to return to the top you would think he would cater to his bread and butter. Maybe he just played Nadal too early and wasn't ready for his heavy topspin lefty game. Don't read too much into it.

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 08:02 PM
I agree. Nadal blows.

Somehow, I don't think I'm the one reading in to it :cool:

Dirk
04-07-2005, 08:10 PM
:rolls: Becca let me explain. I mean maybe if he played him later he would have done better. I am not saying he would have beaten Nadal but the score wouldn't be so shocking if say they played later and it was a tight two set loss for JC. Really I am just trying to make excuses for JC losing and you're not helping. :haha:

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm just in "down with the Nadal HATAS!" mode because I'm 12 and I can. And you have absolutely nothing good to say about him, so you qualify. It's unfortuante that you can hail Federer has a genius but not respect his opinion about his most recent opponent :)

Anyways, JCF will be dandy. Guga too, will probably be dandy. I'd give JCF more hope that Guga, simply because he's younger, but I wouldn't write either one off on the basis of one result.

Dirk
04-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Then Becca you must not have seen my posts saying I think Nadal could not only contend for RG but for Oz as well in the future and do very well on the slower hardcourts. What is a HATAS?

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Then Becca you must not have seen my posts saying I think Nadal could not only contend for RG but for Oz as well in the future and do very well on the slower hardcourts. What is a HATAS?
HATAS.. my juvenile label to deal with people who say irrational things. Anyways, it's nice that you've thrown in some compliments with all the absurd negativity. The assumptions that he's as good as he'll ever be and will never adjust his game to other surfaces are pure gold. I call this desparate wishful thinking on behalf of the HATAS.

Hey, at least I'm not taking myself too seriously here.

Dirk
04-07-2005, 08:32 PM
If he stays the same game wise he will still have a great career. Contending for 2/4 slams is still a huge compliment and fair. If he does branch out his style into a faster court surface then he could have a great shot at contending for almost every event.

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 08:35 PM
If he stays the same game wise he will still have a great career. Contending for 2/4 slams is still a huge compliment and fair. If he does branch out his style into a faster court surface then he could have a great shot at contending for almost every event.
Remember to add: and he's the greatest human being that has ever lived.

Then we'll be back on good terms again ;)

Seriously, maybe you don't do it, but some people say 2/4 slams and actually mean it as an insult... which is absurd, of course. However, I should know better, since you're a Guga and JCF fan.

Anyways, IMO he will develop his game for other surfaces. He is not satisfied only being a contender *some* of the time.

I'll go away now.

Billabong
04-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Did anyone see this match? I'm curious about what made the score so uneven. Did Guga just commit a lot of unforced errors?

Yah, Guga didn't have any rhythm today (that will come with more matches), so he was a little bit out of source against a player who currently plays very well on clay this year (SF in Buenos Aires, F in Brazil Open)... at the end he was rushing on all the points, going for too much and missing most of the time... that's what he said in his interview;)!

Dirk
04-07-2005, 08:37 PM
:lol: Who would you root for if JC and Nadal played in the RG finals? Or would you not even watch because Coria is not in it. ;)

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 08:39 PM
:lol: Who would you root for if JC and Nadal played in the RG finals? Or would you not even watch because Coria is not in it. ;)
Nadal. JCF has already won. If JCF hadn't already won it I would probably root for him since it would be a shame if he never got a RG title.

Coria 4EVA, btw. :cool:

Sjengster
04-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Chloe's fantasy RG semis this year: Coria v Ferrero, Nalbandian v Nadal.

Dirk's fantasy RG semis this year: Federer v Moya, Kuerten v Ferrero.

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Chloe's fantasy RG semis this year: Coria v Ferrero, Nalbandian v Nadal.

:banana:

Then Coria vs Nadal :cool:

Dirk's fantasy RG semis this year: Federer v Moya, Kuerten v Ferrero.

If I can't have mine, this wouldn't be terrible. I'd prefer Safin over Moya though.

Dirk
04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Sjengster I don't want Guga in the finals with Roger. Not even sure about JC. I would love to have Moya or Marat in the finals. Marat especially on a nice ugly grey day. :)

Becca Nadal has plenty of time to win it and mulitple times as well. Don't you want to see JC rise from the bottom of the barrel and show everyone he is still a major player? A little surprised by your answer.

Dirk
04-07-2005, 08:50 PM
What if Coria won though Becca? That would turn into your nightmare pretty fast especially if Nadal was leading two sets with a break and Coria came back and grinded him into a cramping woman. :rolls:

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Sjengster I don't want Guga in the finals with Roger. Not even sure about JC. I would love to have Moya or Marat in the finals. Marat especially on a nice ugly grey day. :)

Becca Nadal has plenty of time to win it and mulitple times as well. Don't you want to see JC rise from the bottom of the barrel and show everyone he is still a major player? A little surprised by your answer.

I haven't gone all out for JCF over everybody else since the USO final in 2003. Although I did want him to end that year number 1. The fact that he fell off the face of the earth after that was coincidental.

I want Nadal to be better than JCF and Moya. I like to have lofty expectations for my favourites :yeah:

*ducks the Ferrero and MOya fans*

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 08:52 PM
What if Coria won though Becca? That would turn into your nightmare pretty fast especially if Nadal was leading two sets with a break and Coria came back and grinded him into a cramping woman. :rolls:
That would actually be bitter sweet. It would be win-lose no matter the result.

Dirk
04-07-2005, 08:53 PM
That would actually be bitter sweet. It would be win-lose no matter the result.

RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT :rolleyes: :p

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT :rolleyes: :p
Really. Watching Coria beat somebody exactly how he lost the year before would be .... humerous. Watching Rafa "blow" another 2 set and a break lead against a higher ranked opponent in a big final would be less humerous. Hence "bitter sweet" :D

That said, this final is never going to come off, so I'm going ot stop talking about it ;)

Dirk
04-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah like I said before Nadal won't win RG this year because if he can't take a single 5 set match after being off for about 2.5 weeks then he just doesn't have the fitness. I'm not saying he isn't fit but he just goes through his gas fast. He is like a SUV, no a Hummer.

By the way do you like my siggy? I was going to add your quote about not thinking it's over even after the break in the 3rd set because Roger is too good to assume he is done till he is done. Just to make you look smart. :) They wouldn't let me though too many characters. :(

Chloe le Bopper
04-07-2005, 09:06 PM
By the way do you like my siggy? I was going to add your quote about not thinking it's over even after the break in the 3rd set because Roger is too good to assume he is done till he is done. Just to make you look smart. :) They wouldn't let me though too many characters. :(

It's okay. But I'm not so sure about your selections. Bilbo hates everybody who is losing. That's just how he posts. And Debbie didn't write Fed off, as far as I can remember. She was just calling it as it was. Roger was missing. I can remember the flubbed overhead perfectly.

Maybe I should quote the Nadal HATAS in my next siggy? :D

Dirk
04-07-2005, 09:10 PM
It's actually pretty fun. A great way to get good reps and a few nasty PMs too ;). I highly recommend it. Now you will just have to hope for Nadal to be down 2 sets to love at RG and come back and win the match. That is when quotes are the most humourous and juiciest. Bilbo doesn't like Roger nor Deb. The HATAS were enjoying his near defeat so I just thought I have some fun and post some quotes. Shame I couldn't have more space but that is just how it is. The process to narrow them down is the hardest.

blosson
04-07-2005, 09:14 PM
what a horrible score for guga

Turkeyballs Paco
04-07-2005, 09:17 PM
oh guga :o

Denise
04-07-2005, 09:20 PM
i know guga it's coming back now but this score was horrible :rolleyes:

so bad/sad for guga !! :crying2:

Turkeyballs Paco
04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm down with that siggy, Chloe. F&ck the hatas! can't good rep you, sorry. have to spread the love...

NATAS81
04-07-2005, 10:10 PM
no. We won't AND probably we will win the damn thing again!!!!!
you know.... for the SIX TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:
Relax pal. If you were broke you'd probably be a little pissed off yourself.

MissMoJo
04-07-2005, 10:17 PM
yes, it's a disappointing result,but like everyone's said he just got back on tour. No need to panic yet. All the best Guga

Turkeyballs Paco
04-07-2005, 10:19 PM
yes, it's a disappointing result,but like everyone's said he just got back on tour. No need to panic yet. All the best Guga

:yeah:

justClaudia
04-07-2005, 11:04 PM

That's it :worship:

He needs time. So no panic at all .

But that score.. :rolleyes:

Daniel
04-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Guga :sad:

lucashg
04-07-2005, 11:16 PM
That score is pretty unfortunate for him, but that's just how it is. He needs rythym and time to get back to his old self, if that can happen. I have faith that he knows what he's doing and will work to get better as time passes by.

He said that he will probably lose a lot (meaning early, I guess) in the next tournaments, but hopefully that will pay him in rythym and time to adjust to his new physical conditions.

Natas81, your comment was totally off-topic, ridiculous and unnecessary. It's just sad this rivalry is taken so seriously by some. Pathetic. And at the end of the day, you just know it won't happen. Whatever, actually.

-ernie-
04-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Guga! :bigcry: :sobbing:

Golfnduck
04-07-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm very suprised by this result. Hopefully Guga will do better the next tournament.

Fedex
04-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I hope this isnt a sign of things to come from Guga.

superpinkone37
04-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Guga :sad:

Obviously, this is very surprising but then again, it is only his second match back so this lack of consistancy cannot be totally unexpected. I just hope he can regain his confidence and play like we all know he can.