Most dominant individual match performances ever seen [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Most dominant individual match performances ever seen

helloworld40
04-06-2005, 04:20 AM
So what are your favorite matches in which a player X totally dominated the match with (almost) flawless play. I'm not talking about where the other player Y played like crap, but one in which player Y was simply outclassed by X?

Please discuss.

For me, it has to be Federer-Roddick Wimbledon Semi finals 2003. I know there is so much Federer glorification out there on these threads (with good reason), but I was recently perusing video recording of that match and could not help but to be amazed at how perfect the play of Federer even though Roddick played a good match. Roddick wasn't able to get anything past Federer (either serve, baseline attacks, or even volleys). I mean Fed had about 4 times the number of Ace counts as Roddick. His court coverage that day was exceptional even for him, and he was able to produce some crazy winners. His approach to the net was flawless too. And to think that Roddick had a dominant year in 2003 going on to dominate the hard court season and the US Open ...

Another match that I think of off the top of my head, Srichaphan-Agassi at Wimbledon 2002. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see this, only read reports (and salivated cause Pdorn is evidently a favorite player of mine. Don't know if it qualified though because apparently Agassi was totally off his game, though Pdorn played without fear there (sidenote: wish he could get back on track before it's too late in his career. He seems to be sliding .. )

P.S. Anyone interested in downloading a video of Fed-Roddick 2003 match let me know. It's like 3 videos total of about 350MB (some games missing). There is a (korean?) website that has a bunch of tennis matches. I just need to find it in my favorite links.

RickDaStick
04-06-2005, 04:27 AM
P.S. Anyone interested in downloading a video of Fed-Roddick 2003 match let me know. It's like 3 videos total of about 350MB (some games missing). There is a (korean?) website that has a bunch of tennis matches. I just need to find it in my favorite links.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Could you please post the links. Thanks

naiwen
04-06-2005, 04:49 AM
Yes, the website please.

helloworld40
04-06-2005, 05:08 AM
Atleast respond to the main point of the thread people!!!
So greedy, so so greedy ...

me no tell :p

ok, I relent, here it is:
http://tennis.fisma.net/download/
Search through the directories ... (then right click and save)

robinhood
04-06-2005, 05:13 AM
Federer-Hewitt USO 04 Final, of course!
Or any of the Fed-Hewitt matches from last year.

NATAS81
04-06-2005, 05:53 AM
I haven't been a hardcore tennis fan for too long, so I'm going to have to play the love-at-first-site card.

Jeff Morrison and his 29 of 30 first serve points won against Joachim Johansson at Key Biscane this past week was something to behold. Even if it was on the Nasdaq scoreboard, and even if Pim had shoulder problems. You still have to step up and play the points out.

Auscon
04-06-2005, 06:04 AM
I'm sure theres been others, but being a big follower of the player on the losing end helps the Federer v Hewitt USO04 final to stick out more than any other match

Federerhingis
04-06-2005, 06:47 AM
I went into the tennisfisma site and it wont work, my internet explorer tells me the website is unavailable? Is it because it cant read the characters, I am assuming Korean since it was mentioned, what can I do, or is the site temporarily down? I saw that match and it was great, hope I can download it, any suggestions of what my problem may be?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Eventhough I've only seen hightlights of the 2004 US open final I would say thats my answer to this threads question. Actually I would tie it with Sampras 14th slam win, coincidentially both took place at the US open.

WyveN
04-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Mac destroyed his main grass rival Connors in 84 Wimbledon final.

Deivid23
04-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Ferrero over Mantilla Roland Garros 2003

2003 Roland Garros, Clay, R16 France Clay R16 Ferrero 6-2 6-1 6-1

JC played an awesome match and Félix couldn´t do much, he was simply way outclassed that day.

PD: In fact, when match finished and they both went to net to shake their hands, Félix asked JC: "Hey, JuanCar, how much is it for this tennis lesson?"

swap348
04-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Among the elite has to be Marat Safin's performance against Sampras in usopen-2k finals.

syd
04-06-2005, 08:16 AM
-Federer-Hewitt USO 04 Final, of course!
+ Hewitt-sampras US open 01

robinhood
04-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Can we just say that the four GS finals Sampras lost in his career fall in this category? I've never even watched some of them, but the oppositions must have played some brilliant tennis to beat him.

Edberg in 91(90 or 92?) USO
Agassi in 95 AO
Safin and Hewitt in 00 and 01 USOs

And how about Richard Krajicek's performance against Sampras in the 96 Wimbledon quarterfinals? That was a great match.

MariaV
04-06-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm sure theres been others, but being a big follower of the player on the losing end helps the Federer v Hewitt USO04 final to stick out more than any other match

I'll never forget this final. It was something quite amazing.

bad gambler
04-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Gaudio d Hewitt RG 2004

MrOschie
04-06-2005, 09:29 AM

yop what a moment :devil:

jtipson
04-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Yes, that was the one that sprang to mind immediately when I saw this thread. Chris Lewis got 6 games from McEnroe in the previous year's final. Connors only got 4.

naiwen
04-06-2005, 10:55 AM

Yep, two bagels in final. It's unbelievable.

oz_boz
04-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Haven't watched complete matches the last years (like USO -04, -01, -00). But among Grand Slam finals, in meetings between two consistent top-5 guys on a surface that suits both players, I particularly remember

Becker-Edberg Wimby -89, Edberg could do nothing
Sampras-Agassi USO -90, Sampras kicked ass
Edberg-Courier USO -91, yeehaaw Steffe!
Kuerten-Bruguera RG -97, Kuerten in form could be the best claycourter ever

Also have to mention
Lendl-Wilander SF RG -86, the two top claycourters of their time, but Lendl was all too good on that day
Lendl-Mecir USO -86, Mecir is one of my alltime favs but sadly Lendl mashed him

Smankyou
04-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Gaudio d Hewitt RG 2004
I thought Lleyton put up a decent fight.

I had to sneak into a hotel lobby to watch this match. :o

Jenrios
04-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Anytime Rios played Gaudio.....

Fedex
04-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Yes, I was thinking about that match too.

deliveryman
04-07-2005, 02:22 AM
Federer-Hewitt USO2004 first jumps out at me.

erik-the-red
04-07-2005, 02:57 AM
The U.S. Open Final of 2004 was probably the first time I seriously, seriously paid attention to Roger Federer play.

I was awestruck during the entire match. How can anybody just have everything on for the vast majority of a match?