holycrapdeath. (The Funny Andy Thread!) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

holycrapdeath. (The Funny Andy Thread!)

Deboogle!.
04-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Why haven't we started this before? :lol:

Anyway, this is from AR.com. We can build this up and add funny things Andy says :D
----------------
Humorous Andy Quotes

By Lucy Flory
2005-04-05

Andy often has a lot of friendly and funny banter with the press in his post-match press conferences. Andy makes jokes (and bloopers), when he wins or loses. AR.com has looked back over the years and selected the following collection of some of the funniest interview exchanges!

Q. What's the best thing about tennis to you?
ANDY RODDICK: The best thing about tennis to me?
Q. Yeah. What keeps you playing it?
ANDY RODDICK: The cheerleaders. Wait, there are none (Wimbledon 2002)

ANDY RODDICK: The wind was blowing, the dogs were barking, something got in my eye. (Andy, after his loss to Rusedski at Wimbledon, 2002)

Q. Diving into the crowd. I take it that was just kind of a spontaneous thing.
ANDY RODDICK: No, I planned to hit a between-the-leg shot, run down a ball, run into the crowd. That was all in the works from the beginning (smiling). (US Open 2002)

Q. Harassment in the locker room yesterday? Were people talking about it to you?
ANDY RODDICK: You guys think you're clever with your livestock questions. I've heard it six times already (laughter). Anything you guys are coming up with, yeah. (Wimbledon 2004, after Andy’s appearance on “The Weakest Link” when he infamously replied "baaa" to Ann Robinson after being asked the name of a female sheep.)

ANDY RODDICK: When it started raining and people said, "It's the survival of the fittest," I said, "oh, God. That's not good, is it?" (US Open, 2003)

Q. You looking to perhaps convince Reebok to make a sleeveless shirt for you?
ANDY RODDICK: No, if I wore a sleeveless shirt, people would try to feed me after the match. If you got the guns, go for it. I got two breadsticks sticking out of my sleeve. I'll stick with sleeves. (Australian Open, 2003)

Q. You put your ID on before you left the court. Have you been stopped somewhere around the courts?
ANDY RODDICK: I get stopped everywhere (laughter). You'll see 18 guys walking before me. I'll be the one pointed out. I guess they think I'm trying to sneak into the locker rooms. (Wimbledon 2001)

Q. Did you ever try diving?
ANDY RODDICK: I used to belly flop (laughter). (Wimbledon 2001)

Q. In that first set, that man had the sign. Looks like you saw it, reacted to it.
ANDY RODDICK: He rants and raves, yet he's been out here both nights watching. You know, maybe he needs a hobby or something. Get him a set of cards, you know. (US Open 2001)

Q. You knew Jack back from junior days. Did you imagine this might be one of the guys you might be playing at the US Open?
ANDY RODDICK: No. Of course, you never think about those things when you're ten. I was worrying how I was going to get money to buy a Frosty at a vending machine. I wasn't worried about the US Open then. (US Open 2001)

Q. Who is the best ping pong player?
ANDY RODDICK: Me. Stupid question. (Laughs) (Davis Cup v Slovakia 2002)

Q. Can you remember what you were like at 15? Did you have that kind of composure?
ANDY RODDICK: I was trying to learn how to tie my shoes at 15. (Monte Carlo 2002 talking about Gasquet)

Q. You dropped your serve first game in the second. Was that as a result of the anger?
ANDY RODDICK: I think that was more a result of me flogging forehands seven feet wide all day than anything (laughing). (Monte Carlo 2002)

Q. Are you going to be wearing a cap or a visor this week?
ANDY RODDICK: Down to the really nitty-gritty questions. (Laughs.) I don't know. (US Open 2002)

Q. Competing with James for the hair?
ANDY RODDICK: I can't compare with James. He's got that Sideshow Bob look from "The Simpsons." I don't know.
Q. Getting closer?
ANDY RODDICK: Just laziness. (US Open 2002)

Q. Do you remember when you were first asked for an autograph, the first autograph you signed?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I think I was at Roland Garros when I was 15, walking around. I was playing quallies, I think someone asked me. They said, "Hewitt, Hewitt (laughter)." (US Open 2002)

Éowyn
04-06-2005, 02:26 AM
so basically AR.com has run out of things to say! i have read similar thinsg on near enough every andy fan site around and most have more quotes than that :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
04-06-2005, 02:32 AM
Well no it's not the most creative idea, but hey it inspired me to start this thread, so we can build up the list as new things happen or as people discover old ones (cuz there are bazillions more than this, obviously) - I can even edit them in the first post so we have a running list all in one place. Plus they're always funny, even if you've read them before :lol:

Oh well, I thought it was a fun idea :awww:

snaillyyy
04-06-2005, 02:41 AM
I love it Deb. :worship: ...I desperately needed this today, so thank you :hug: :hug:

and here are a few more

You said it, I didn't. I can't think of anything funny to say that would not get me in trouble. I'm going to leave that one alone."
-- Andy Roddick, replying to a media question as to whether the new long pants worn this year by some of the Spaniards and other players are "too metrosexual."

"If I'd known it was going to be this cold, I wouldn't have done it."
-- Andy Roddick on his new short haircut at the Masters Cup in Houston

"Neither will you."
-- Andy Roddick during an on-line ESPN-sponsored chat answering the accusation "...you suck and you will never win a major again so what do you have to say about that?"

"Yeah. I said, "Get him, help me out." Compliments, no, I just wanted the bee to get him. I mean..." - Why Andy wanted the bee to sting Roger Federer during their semifinal match, Wimbledon 2003

liptea
04-06-2005, 02:57 AM
Q. Do you remember when you were first asked for an autograph, the first autograph you signed?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I think I was at Roland Garros when I was 15, walking around. I was playing quallies, I think someone asked me. They said, "Hewitt, Hewitt (laughter)." (US Open 2002)

Hahaha, wouldn't it be funny if he actually signed them 'Lleyton Hewitt' ? Then there'd be these little teenyboppers running around like, "ohmygosh, i have lleyton's autograph omg lolz fo sho im so kewl!" But they'd actually have a fake. Hahaha.

am&a
04-06-2005, 03:37 AM
deb always thinks of the best threads. makes me feel inferior as a thread maker. d:ANDY RODDICK: I was trying to learn how to tie my shoes at 15. who did we decide was the offical atp shoe tyer? oh, that's right. it was me. d:

Q. Any thoughts on Carlos?
ANDY RODDICK: I got lots of thoughts on Carlos (smiling). (:

williaer
04-06-2005, 06:56 AM
omg i love the thread title :hearts:

what an awesome thread idea! andy has so many 'holycrapdeath' quotes

BelgianWaffle
04-06-2005, 07:07 AM
:lol: at all the quotes

zoltan83
04-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I don't know where this quote from ( a friend post several quotes of several players) :confused:

"Rod-dick...I had years of psychological issues with that."
-- Andy Roddick.

gorgeous
04-06-2005, 01:19 PM
"Rod-dick...I had years of psychological issues with that."
-- Andy Roddick.
:lol: That is one of my favorite quotes!

And another bunch of quotes here:

"The way I see it, the more matches I win, the cooler I get..."

"Why don't you turn the machine off and use your own brain?" - Siebel Open 2004

Umpire: "I couldn't see"
Andy: "You're supposed to see for a living" -Australian Open 2004

"That's so bad, so bad ... I'm surprised you can count to eighteen!!!" -Australian Open 2003

"We thought it [my rabbit] was a boy at first, but with rabbits you can't tell for the first couple of months. We initially named the rabbit Stiffler [after the character in the film, American Pie]. But now we think it's a girl so we may have to change it's name to Phoebe." –Andy

"It is all your fault... but nothing personal" -Andy to Chair Umpire after a loss

When asked about his rescue of Elmo during his semi-final at the Aus Open, 2003: ”Elmo's a very important person in my life. You've got to have Elmo's respect. You don't want to piss him off” ...Elmo's response: 'If anybody's seen the top of Andy Roddick's hat, could you please return it?' -Australian Open 2003

"My hobbies include underwater fire extinguishing" - Andy on his hobbies
:haha:
Oh, I so remember the match against El Aynaoui at the AO 2003... Andy was so pissed at the umpire :scared: (death glare!)
And I'm not even going to comment on the Elmo thing since it's really disturbing *lol* :rolleyes:

Carito_90
04-06-2005, 03:56 PM
ELMO! :ha:

Deb, I know its the 623462634 time I tell you this but, I love you :lol:

Okay I'm oficially dead.

Deboogle!.
04-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Deb, I know its the 623462634 time I tell you this but, I love you :lol:

LOL, love you too!

Glad other people liked the idea of this thread :cool:

Carito_90
04-06-2005, 04:00 PM
YAY! :banana:

Now.. where was I?... Oh right! *dead*

Deboogle!.
04-06-2005, 04:03 PM
NO! don't die! :sad:

Golfnduck
04-06-2005, 04:45 PM
LOL!!!! I love this thread :haha:

tangerine_dream
04-06-2005, 05:37 PM
The funny, quotable, media star Andy. :D More proof that he's an unlikeable, unpopular jerk. :lol:

roisin
04-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Q. Any thoughts on Carlos?
ANDY RODDICK: I got lots of thoughts on Carlos (smiling). (:
hehehehehehe i love this quote :aplot:
great thread deb! :hug: andy quotes always always always make me laugh. hes such an eejit! :rolls:

"Maybe it's just a coincidence that I break the record in every Davis Cup."
-- A smirking Andy Roddick in his Davis Cup post-match conference on the friendly speed gun used by the USTA.

Hey - you guys with the ladder. If you come here I'll buy you pizza. (Said to firefighters in the process of rescuing Roddick and other hotel guests from a fire in Rome.)

Fumus
04-06-2005, 07:24 PM
"Yea but, could you beat Roger in ping-pong?" - Yours Truly

"I would own Roger in ping pong" - Andy Roddick at WTT in Schenectady NY 03' before he beat Roger in Canada and won the USO.

andyroxmysox12191
04-06-2005, 09:52 PM
:lol: :rolls: Nice idea of a thread Deb :yeah:

superpinkone37
04-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Deb's threads rock :rocker2:!!!

Love ya Deb! :hug:

Deboogle!.
04-06-2005, 10:35 PM
*blushing* aw thanks guys!

Keep adding to it ;)

liptea
04-07-2005, 03:01 AM
I like Andy Roddick.

That's all I had to say. Thanks.

snaillyyy
04-07-2005, 03:15 AM
This one really made me laugh :lol: but can I insert "Mr full of hot air Gilbert"

"No shit Captain Obvious!" - Andy tells the Umpire during his quarterfinal match at the Australian Open.

MissFairy
04-09-2005, 06:30 PM
:lol: Deb, i think it is a great idea :hug:

that autograph/Hewitt one is so funny, i've never read that before, so thanks :)

Andy, Totally Quote Worthy Baby :p

Golfnduck
04-09-2005, 06:42 PM
This one really made me laugh :lol: but can I insert "Mr full of hot air Gilbert"

"No shit Captain Obvious!" - Andy tells the Umpire during his quarterfinal match at the Australian Open.
LOL!!! That is one of my favorite Andy quotes :haha:

Peta Pan
04-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I've always loved the Captain Obvious quote :lol:

One more is the famous kitchen sink quote:

I threw the kitchen sink at him but he went to the bathroom and got his tub. - Andy Roddick describing his match with Roger Federer at the Wimbledon men's singles finals.

I LOVE that one!

Deboogle!.
05-12-2005, 12:35 AM
AR.com added more quotes...
=================
Andy Quotes - Part Two!
By Kate Flory
2005-05-11

Q. I saw you practice today. You kind of threw a couple balls out of the court. Was that for the crowd?
ANDY RODDICK: No, it's because I was hitting like crap. We were playing fetch. I would hit it, they would bring it back (smiling). (Pacific Life Open 2003)

Q. We just had a guy in here who was a college graduate, apparently was an honor student.
ANDY RODDICK: Did he use lots of big words? (Pacific Life Open 2003)

Q. Have you put on any weight, gained weight?
ANDY RODDICK: Are you going to cause me to get an eating disorder now (smiling)?
Q. Muscle weight.
ANDY RODDICK: No. Probably Krispy Kreme weight. (Pacific Life Open 2003) :haha:

Q. You were seen as a new sex symbol of the tennis circuit. Do you enjoy this status?
ANDY RODDICK: Do you want to go to dinner later?
Q. So --?
ANDY RODDICK: Sorry, I didn't hear the question. I was just looking at you. (Wimbledon 2003) :haha:

Q. Were you aggrieved by what he did to you in Washington?
ANDY RODDICK: That's a great word. You're so British. (US Open 2003) :rolls:

Q. After your loss in Paris, if someone told you you were going to go to the semis, win three during the summer, what would you have thought?
ANDY RODDICK: Might have asked them what they had been smoking. (US Open 2003)

Q. Was the most satisfying part of your summer seeing that your 43-year-old coach sky diving?
ANDY RODDICK: I think the most gratifying part was seeing him vomit after he sky dived. (US Open 2003 re. Brad Gilbert's sky diving experience)

Q. You looked up a lot at the Jumbotron at changes of ends. Is there a risk that that can be distracting, that you're out of the zone?
ANDY RODDICK: No, I was trying to get the trivia questions right. (US Open 2003)

Q. Is there a specific point in the match when you decide to change (shoes)?
ANDY RODDICK: No. No. When my foot odour becomes unbearable for the others around me (laughter). (US Open 2003) :haha: :haha:

Q. When you were playing ping-pong, always with the left hand, it was because you were afraid to lose rhythm on the right hand?
ANDY RODDICK: No, it's because I was beating everybody right-handed (laughter). (US Open 2003) :devil:

Q. Patrick, Robby said that when he came back at the beginning of that first set, and you asked him whether or not he'd ever won a five-setter, he said, no. You said, "well you are going to do it today." Did you believe that?
CAPTAIN McENROE: That was after the second set that I said that. I did believe that. I really did.
ANDY RODDICK: That was tremendous foresight knowing he was going to lose the second too. You are an awesome captain. (DC vs Austria 1st round after Ginepri had come back from two sets down to win a rubber)

Q. Are you going to coerce Patrick (McEnroe) into shaving his head --
ANDY RODDICK: He said he wouldn't do his hair so I am leaning towards eyebrows right now. (DC vs Austria 2004)

Q. Talk about the match-up with Tim. These gentlemen next to me are interested.
ANDY RODDICK: Are you guys from England? Rains there. No, I'm just joking. (Pacific Life Open 2004)

Q. On the whole pin thing, I think if you're not in this environment, you talk about, "Yeah, we're trading pins," it just sounds like something a kid would do. It's hard to explain to grown-ups what the allure is of trading pins. Is there something more than just the pursuit of these rare pins?
ANDY RODDICK: It's a good way to meet girls (smiling). (Olympics 2004, collecting Team pins)

Katdiva7
05-12-2005, 12:40 AM
[QUOTE=Debstah]AR.com added more quotes...
=================
Q. You were seen as a new sex symbol of the tennis circuit. Do you enjoy this status?
ANDY RODDICK: Do you want to go to dinner later?
Q. So --?
ANDY RODDICK: Sorry, I didn't hear the question. I was just looking at you. (Wimbledon 2003) :haha:

Q. Were you aggrieved by what he did to you in Washington?
ANDY RODDICK: That's a great word. You're so British. (US Open 2003) :rolls:
[QUOTE]

My two favorites :rolls:

aceit
05-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Q. Was the most satisfying part of your summer seeing that your 43-year-old coach sky diving?
ANDY RODDICK: I think the most gratifying part was seeing him vomit after he sky dived.

New away message right there. ;)

jole
05-12-2005, 07:41 PM
ANDY RODDICK: I think the most gratifying part was seeing him vomit after he sky dived.

New away message right there. ;)

Brad is a real rebel.

tangerine_dream
09-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Why don't we just post all of Andy's interviews in here? His interviews are always standing-room only. :lol:

From the uso website:

THE QUOTABLE USO

Andy Roddick on his post-US Open plans

Q. This result measures nine on the Richter scale. You just turned the corner in terms of results, you won the US Open Series, you reestablished yourself as the world No. 3, and you came in here thinking that you had a good shot at winning the tournament. Where do you go from here?

"I don't know. That's all very factual information. I haven't really thought about what I'm going to do tomorrow or the next day yet. What are you going to do?"

Q. I'll be here.

"I probably won't."

:haha: I like the other quote he had when he deadpanned, "I hope I'm not unseeded next year." I should make a video of that, you have to see it to get the impact. ;)

acoffeygirl
09-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Why don't we just post all of Andy's interviews in here? His interviews are always standing-room only. :lol:

:haha: I like the other quote he had when he deadpanned, "I hope I'm not unseeded next year." I should make a video of that, you have to see it to get the impact. ;)

Please do! :)

partygirl
09-06-2005, 07:31 PM
I like the other quote he had when he deadpanned, "I hope I'm not unseeded next year." I should make a video of that, you have to see it to get the impact. ;)

you really should ....you can just see, he's not trying-
yet its hysterical. :angel: