Are small boards better than large boards? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Are small boards better than large boards?

Poe
12-12-2002, 10:47 PM
What do you think?

Personally i prefer smaller boards by far

Poe
12-12-2002, 10:49 PM
for instance.... wtaworld was such a great board about a year ago when we had a few hundred members or so... enough to still get some good tennis info, but not enough for all the sludge that comes with large boards

and non tennis was a lot of fun

Josh
12-12-2002, 10:51 PM
I do like a bit of chaos though :D

Tammy
12-12-2002, 10:59 PM
er intimate... and without the trolls ;)

Scotso
12-12-2002, 11:06 PM
I think they both have pros and cons.

I do prefer the intimacy of ATPworld, and I can read everything and feel like I'm not missing anything. But, the fact that this board can be dead while there are always people on the other one is a bonus for it.

I do like this one a bit better I think, simply because all my friends are here.

Go Nalby
12-13-2002, 12:18 AM
They both have their ups and downs...

For instance, the AOL tennis boards had very few people posting on there (30-40, if that). While it was nice to be one of those "special members," eventually some of those people can get on your nerves...especially if you're constantly at opposing ends of an argument!

Although, the reason I left AOL was because there were some new members who came on, and completely polarized the board. They made whatever fights take place on WTAworld look like tea parties. I got so fed up that I actually started looking for a new tennis message board, and that's how I found WTAworld...

I actually feel like more of a "Senior Member" on ATPworld than on the other board...maybe because I was here when it began.
I just hope that even though I'm one of the "later" members of WTAworld, that I've been adding to it rather than making it sludge-y :)

dots
12-13-2002, 11:22 AM
I prefer this board...

Julie
12-13-2002, 06:21 PM
We kinda touched upon this yesterday didnt we poe, and yeah i prefer the smaller board - its certainly more of a community than wta - which quite frankly give or take a couple of threads is pissing me off completely :o :o did i really say that :eek:

harry_potter
12-14-2002, 03:45 AM
both have pros and cons. (i suppose ATPworld is considered "small" compared to WTAworld???) i just love non-tennis here :D :o

Experimentee
12-14-2002, 01:37 PM
I like large boards because if your bored you dont have to wait ages for replies, and it moves a lot faster. You just have to learn to ignore all the crap that comes with it. I'm a member of quite a few small boards, smaller than this one, and they have their fair share of annoying posters too.

ILR
12-14-2002, 03:42 PM
I enjoy them both a lot because with wta there are so many threads on non-tennis and so many people about you can never get bored,although you can get a lot of aggro but here I have a great time with my friends in the Ferrero forums and Rogi forums so they both have a lot to offer. :)

TennisHack
12-14-2002, 04:02 PM
I like ATPWorld better, I feel like I can move around here much easier than I can WTAWorld, and there aren't places I "shouldn't go" or "can't go." It would be nice if we have a few more posters, but WTAWorld is waaaay too busy for my tastes. But, on the other hand, it's a great place to go when you're bored, precisely because it moves so fast ;)

Beat
12-16-2002, 01:01 PM
option 3.
wtaworld is more exciting, let's face it. but if you've had enough of all the bullshit, then atpworld is a very nice place to relax. :)

Lucas Arg
12-19-2002, 06:13 AM
I like WTAworld a lot cos I prefer WTA than ATP, but I also enjoy posting in the Non tennis section here and also I can support all the argentineans playing out there;)

I enjoy both equal, but I post a lot more in WTA World than here.

J. Corwin
01-02-2003, 09:46 PM
I like both in different ways. But I still am not able to post at WTA boards. :o :mad: :fiery:

maratski
01-02-2003, 10:13 PM
WTA is way too big so I'm sticking with this lovely renewed board.

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-27-2003, 07:47 AM
I've always liked big boards better. Like Josh said, chaos is great. Also, what Experimente said. Here, if there's an argument, I don't think there is enough balance between opposing views. I think there are so many people over there, that there are actually some good, rich debates with so many points-- it's actually very beautiful, if it doesn't get too nasty, malicious and scornful.

Here, I feel like there are JC Ferrero fans, Lleyton fans and Rogi fans who primarily post. Over there, it seems more like there is a strong foundation for any player. You know who the players' fans are and who to talk to. And I am a Kim fan, and furthermore, I moderate the Kim MB over there, and I still don't have many cyberfriends over there in the Kim community. LOL! But I still have much fun there

Also, some peops said here, if you post here, you have to wait forever for replies. WTAWorld is like a city, it's fast-paced and quick--fulfilling. This place is a suburb. And I have been living the city life for half a year now and I prefer that fast-pace, and I definitely prefer it to the suburb.

I haven't really had a good foundation of cyber friends since last summer. So I can't truly vouch for this. But I really think if someone is looking for that, wtaworld is good because there is a good foundation of fans to so many of the players.

bluepastures
02-05-2003, 12:13 AM
I think WTAworld has a few posters whose sole intention is to provoke other people. You only have to look at how much rubbish there is on both the general messages and non-tennis forums now. Fortunately, with the "ignore" function, you can make them much less irritating!
The challenger and junior forums on WTAworld seem more active than on ATPworld though.

Ma. Estefania
02-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by bluepastures
I think WTAworld has a few posters whose sole intention is to provoke other people. You only have to look at how much rubbish there is on both the general messages and non-tennis forums now.

I agree. That's why I have stopped visiting it. Too much stupid people who think they are the only ones who are right.

By the way, I don't care if the board is big or small, I think is the same at last, you know, it can be a big board, but you have few friends, or vice versa.

syd17
02-13-2003, 04:07 AM
poe

sam
02-13-2003, 03:56 PM
I like both.

At small sites you get to know people better.
At large sites you know someone will reply to your post, no matter how stupid it is!!