Player Figurines [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Player Figurines

ae wowww
04-05-2005, 06:20 PM
I used to collect football figures (they made some cricket and rugby etc) like made by Corinthian PLC, and they made soooo many etc.
Anyway, cut to the chase-I would love to see models/figures/dolls, whatever made of some players. You'd only have to do top 10 or something, obviously would be great to see loads, but I don't know how to go about getting them to notice us.
Maybe if we put forward a collection of our ideas/petition, would be awesome :D Anyone like the idea of the figures?

ae wowww
04-05-2005, 06:55 PM
BUMP!

adeegee
04-05-2005, 06:58 PM
I fully agree. I've got hundreds of those Corinthians ones somewhere. They had that Roddick bobblehead one which was pretty poor, other than that I haven't really seen any. I'd buy them, I'm guessing the market just isn't really there if they're not making them.

ae wowww
04-05-2005, 07:07 PM
I fully agree. I've got hundreds of those Corinthians ones somewhere. They had that Roddick bobblehead one which was pretty poor, other than that I haven't really seen any. I'd buy them, I'm guessing the market just isn't really there if they're not making them.
Yeah, I've seen the Roddick one, but was very big-and looked nothing like him. But the Corinthians were small so they were awesome, and didn't move-just looked legendary. I had loads but sold a lot, they went well... still got a few esp the Aussie rugger team :yeah:

adeegee
04-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I've seen the Roddick one, but was very big-and looked nothing like him. But the Corinthians were small so they were awesome, and didn't move-just looked legendary. I had loads but sold a lot, they went well... still got a few esp the Aussie rugger team :yeah:

I've still got most of mine. I could never part with some, like the David Ginola and Jurgen Klinsmann in a Spurs shirt :worship: :worship: :worship:

gravity
04-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Maybe if we put forward a collection of our ideas/petition, would be awesome :D Anyone like the idea of the figures?

What you are looking for is a business plan. Judging by you already desperately bumping this thread, it doesn't look like this will be a lucrative venture for any company to take on. ;)

ae wowww
04-05-2005, 07:21 PM
I've still got most of mine. I could never part with some, like the David Ginola and Jurgen Klinsmann in a Spurs shirt :worship: :worship: :worship:

Haha yeh there's some legends in there, gotta sort it from the junk though (all those bloody Middlesborough players than kept on cropping up!)

ae wowww
04-05-2005, 07:22 PM
What you are looking for is a business plan. Judging by you already desperately bumping this thread, it doesn't look like this will be a lucrative venture for any company to take on. ;)
:lol: I made a plan aaages ago, like a whole folder, but chucked most of it away when I got interested in something else. I planned to make the Aus Davis Cup team. :D

NATAS81
04-05-2005, 07:22 PM
I have a WWE figurine.

ae wowww
04-05-2005, 07:28 PM
I had soooo many WWF Figures--one with a gold plated rare WWF Belt :D:D:D Sehr expensive and lucky!

Auscon
04-06-2005, 05:13 AM
I'd like to see it, and I'd definitely grab a couple

got a whole bunch of old figurines here, although none based on real-life people, or even athletes....closest one is Casey Jones from teenage mutant ninja turtles :)

NATAS81
04-06-2005, 05:50 AM
I had soooo many WWF Figures--one with a gold plated rare WWF Belt :D:D:D Sehr expensive and lucky!
Yeah, they were a hot item on TV commercials back in the early to mid-90s. Definitely a trend as you would label it. You never see them anymore and there were so many as you put it.

I have the classics locked away in their carrying cases including the ring, belts, accessories. They would probably be worth something in the next 20-30 years. Especially if one of today's wrestlers made it big in a sporting event or some form of competition (Rock - Movies, Brock Lesnar - football tryouts with MIN)

It was just so much fun to re-create the matches that went on back in the day. Do their moves (though you had to move them manually as their build-in spring-loaded mechanisms didn't give off the same execution ;) )

Ferrero Forever
04-06-2005, 10:49 AM
stuff a figurine, i want a lifesize ferrero plush toy

Smankyou
04-06-2005, 11:08 AM
I don't like tennis that much.

I stopped at Barbie's. And Littlest Pet Shop.