did Gasquet get full ranking points for winning Napoli? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

did Gasquet get full ranking points for winning Napoli?

Jim Jones
04-04-2005, 10:39 PM
The rankings came out before Gasquet won the final today. What happens then. It seems that both Gasquet and Starace got rankings for the losing finalist.

My question is important since the added points could make Gasquet be in the top 104 and free a WC for another Frenchman for the French Open.

tennisgirl19
04-04-2005, 10:45 PM
The rankings came out before Gasquet won the final today. What happens then. It seems that both Gasquet and Starace got rankings for the losing finalist.

My question is important since the added points could make Gasquet be in the top 104 and free a WC for another Frenchman for the French Open.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I didn't understand how it was going to work. The points are really important for him to improve his ranking. I hope that they get awarded correctly. He's 109 right now with 396 points. Next week maybe? :scratch:

Fee
04-05-2005, 12:06 AM
He should get them this week, the ATP sometimes does midweek corrections when results are late and such. They updated the rankings late Sunday, so I wouldn't be surprised if Richard's numbers get updated before the week is over.

Good for him that he won two Challengers in a row. I hope this means he might be on the way to realizing his potential. He seemed to have so much of it a few years ago.

RickDaStick
04-05-2005, 12:26 AM
I could be wrong but the final wasnt played until today and the rankings come out sunday night here in the states so therefore it will probably get put in this week if not then surely in the next rankings.

jole
04-05-2005, 01:26 AM
If they somehow forget to add his points, I'm sure Richard will have no problem reminding the ATP. :)

Scotso
04-05-2005, 04:24 AM
I don't think you need to worry about this, they will correct it. The points will be added to the rankings, and even if they aren't put in until next week, the French Open will be sure to use adjusted rankings. They aren't going to overlook something like this.