The MotoGP Thread [Archive] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

The MotoGP Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Suzi
01-29-2006, 03:15 PM
oooo knew i wasnt going crazy

NINA_BCN
01-29-2006, 03:24 PM
oo is it my imagination or isnt alex criville (yeah cant spell) coming back to motogp or something similar ???
I know that you can't type the accents but the correct spelling is Àlex Crivillé. ;)

:secret: I posted it one month ago (more or less). :p

Suzi
01-29-2006, 03:39 PM
:ras:

NINA_BCN
01-29-2006, 03:58 PM
:ras:
:angel:

Suzi
01-29-2006, 05:02 PM
hmmm really :scratch:

NINA_BCN
01-29-2006, 05:10 PM
hmmm really :scratch:
Yes!!!!!! :p

Suzi
01-29-2006, 05:11 PM
news to me!!! :nerner:

NINA_BCN
01-29-2006, 05:15 PM
news to me!!! :nerner:
http://yelims2.free.fr/Demons/Demon43.gif ----> That's me. http://yelims.free.fr/Jetirelalangue/Langue13.gif

NINA_BCN
01-30-2006, 02:22 PM
MotoGP rookie Dani Pedrosa ready for premier class challenge ;)
Interview, 30/01/06

World 125 Champion in 2003; World 250 Champion in both 2004 and 2005. With this track record, 20-year-old Dani Pedrosa is possibly facing his greatest challenge yet in MotoGP. He has to get used to a new bike, a weapon with more than 200 hp and much heavier than his former Honda RS250RW, prior to standing a chance at being competitive in the highest category.

Dani, what is your opinion of these three days of training in Sepang?

"It's been positive, and I've noticed an improvement over the last sessions, basically because I've put in a lot of laps. We've got a bit more experience now; we know the bike a bit better, and how the changes are going to affect this category. I went out with a qualifying tyre - it's the first time I've tried out one of these. I still have to get used to its performance, so I didn't get the most out of it. But I did do my best time with it."

How did you feel physically at the end of the three days, getting back in the saddle after the Christmas break?

"To tell you the truth I'm a bit tired. Everything is so demanding and I'm not fully ready for it. I've got blisters on my hands and that makes riding difficult. But I've improved over last November and hope to continue. Now I've got a few days to relax until getting back to work in Australia."

Honda is going to great lengths to provide you with a bike that you're comfortable riding. Are you satisfied with what you've achieved so far?

"Yes, I'm very happy. I've seen how everyone is reacting, from the mechanics to the engineers. The teamwork is great and I've never been backed by a factory this dedicated to a project like now. Everyone is doing more than their best."

The objective of these practice sessions wasn't to get good times, but you have. Does that surprise you?

"I'm satisfied with the way we've been improving every day. I'm happy about the rest, but I don't think that's what's most important."

You said that what you basically wanted to do was chalk up laps, get used to the new bike, adjust it to your riding style and avoid fiddling with tyres, settings and electronics. What has been the hardest to get used to?

"I've improved a bit with the clutch, but I'm having trouble turning, shifting weight, positioning the bike, controlling skidding and so on. I've ridden with both new and used tyres. The more worn out the tyre, the more tired I get because I'm making more effort on the bike. The qualifying tyre was completely different, but hard to explain. It grips a lot better, and I was even a bit afraid of falling, so at least I know what that feels like."

During the three days in Sepang you shared the track with some of the best riders in the category. What impressed you the most seeing how they ride the MotoGP up close?

"I've only coincided with Hayden for a few laps and saw the rest from a distance. It's been a good experience, because it's given me the chance to see some different styles and modify the way I take the curves."

Did you compare notes with team mate Nicky Hayden?

"No, the truth is we both concentrated on doing our own thing."

Did you know that some of your rivals see you as a serious contender?

"I think they're exaggerating, because I'm still not ready yet. I still have a lot to learn. The more I'm in, the more things I see that influence the outcome of a race. For the moment it's still out of my reach."

From what you've seen until now, who do you think will give Rossi a run for his money this year?

"For the moment it looks like Ducati is doing well, and maybe Hayden, Melandri and Edwards are on the level. But one thing is the pre-season and another is the race, so we'll see what happens when the Grand Prix rolls around."

Dani Pedrosa is due to start testing in Philip Island, along with many other MotoGP riders, this coming week.

NINA_BCN
01-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Rossi to face F1 regulars at Valencia
News, 30/01/06

MotoGP star Valentino Rossi will be one of the main attractions of the upcoming F1 test to be held this week at the Valencia circuit, in Spain.

On Tuesday, the Italian will join the F1 Scuderia Ferrari for a three-day test at the Spanish circuit, sharing the garage of the seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher and his team-mate Felipe Massa. Rossi has previously tested for the prestigious Italian carmaker at the Fiorano and Mugello circuits, in Italy, but it will be the first time that he will take part in a multi-team test.

Eight F1 teams will attend this pre-season test, organized just five weeks before the beginning of the season.

After this new foray in F1, Valentino Rossi will head to Qatar where he will resume his preparation for the 2006 MotoGP World Championship with the Camel Yamaha team

Suzi
01-30-2006, 02:53 PM
i really cant imagine dani in motogp he seems tiny :p

NINA_BCN
01-30-2006, 02:57 PM
i really cant imagine dani in motogp he seems tiny :p
There are some tiny riders in MotoGP. Loris Capirossi, for example. Dani only has to gain more muscle mass. ;)

Suzi
01-30-2006, 07:34 PM
oky doky

alexito
01-31-2006, 01:59 PM
en phillips island primero las honda

1.- melandri
2.- hayden
3.- stoner
4.- gibernau
5.- pedrosa
6.- capirosi
7.- roberts
8.- tamada
9.- nakano
10.- elias

NINA_BCN
01-31-2006, 02:14 PM
:yeah:

Checa confirms his stay in MotoGP with Yamaha Tech 3 ;)
News, 31/01/06

Carlos Checa confirmed this Tuesday that he will be given the opportunity to once again compete in MotoGP this season. His signing for Hervé Poncharal´s Yamaha Tech 3 Team will come as a welcome relief for both the rider and his fans.

The Catalan rider has closed the book on nearly a month of uncertainty and speculation. At the start of the year, with Sito Pons´ late decision to pull out of this year´s World Championship, Checa found himself without a team and with a tough task ahead of him if he wished to continue in the premier class. Finally, due to the collaboration of a number of factors-especially the efforts of Yamaha and Dunlop-the situation was resolved favourably.

“After three weeks marred by doubt, tension and many talks, I can now confirm that I will take part to the next edition of the MotoGP World Championship, riding a Dunlop-shod Yamaha for the Tech3 team,” said Checa. “This announcement puts an end to an odd winter, but I end up with an interesting project and a guaranteed spot on the grid for 2006. We were eventually able to turn around a complicated situation, but it's only the beginning of a new challenge that I take up with a huge motivation.”

“I must thank Hervé Poncharal, the Tech3 team manager, for his confidence, and also Yamaha and Dunlop for their support. Yamaha is supporting me again after a year 'out' and personally, I feel like I'm coming back home. I'm pleased to have this opportunity to ride the most competitive bike of the field.”

“Dunlop also trust me and I thank them for that. We'll have a lot of work obviously, to be as competitive as possible and from my experience I know that the tyres are a key-element of the package, but I'm pretty confident and fully trust Dunlop's engineers and technicians. Working hard with them and the team, we'll all do our best to get the best possible results. Anyway, it's not time to talk about goals and targets - for now it's all about getting back to work as soon as possible.”

The Spaniard, in the saddle of an M1 kitted out with Dunlop tyres, becomes the teammate of Brit James Ellison, completing Poncharal´s squadron for this season. His debut with his new team could be as soon as next week, when the Yamaha teams will undertake three days of testing in Qatar.

Checa wanted to end his statement by emphasising the important changes that his sporting career has undergone in such a short space of time. “Four months ago I was riding a Ducati with Bridgestone: two months later I got on a Honda with Michelins and now, for the 2006 season, I´m running with a Yamaha on Dunlops. The most direct and effective way to show my gratitude for the confidence and support of everyone will be to work tirelessly to have a good season”

NINA_BCN
02-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Rossi continues Ferrari testing in Valencia with fast lap.
News, 01/02/06

After his disappointing slide off the track on Tuesday, Valentino Rossi today completed 52 laps without problems. The Italian spun three times, twice at the scene of the previous day´s slide and one the final incident of the day at the “Angel Nieto” bend which closed the session.

His best time, ninth overall, behind the wheel of the Ferrari F2004 with its V10 motor was 1´12.856, a second and a half off World Champion Fernando Alonso´s time and less than a second off Schumacher. Rossi, who has been steadily improving his times, will have tomorrow´s final day to improve further before heading to Qatar to continue MotoGP testing on his Camel Yamaha.

Suzi
02-01-2006, 07:11 PM
is this a good time to say i dislike Rossi :p

NINA_BCN
02-01-2006, 08:20 PM
is this a good time to say i dislike Rossi :p
Yes. ;)

Btw, I looooooooooooooooooooove Valentino!!!!! :lol: :secret: But there are somethings that he does that doesn't like me at all. :p

NINA_BCN
02-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Australian washout alters MotoGP teams´ test plans
Report, 01/02/06

The second day of MotoGP tests in Australia has been disrupted by the rain that has been falling on the Phillip Island circuit since this morning. The washout obliged the teams to carry out a session geared towards wet weather tyre tests and evaluations of their new bikes´ responses to the difficult track conditions.

After the second half of the day´s testing the state of the asphalt had improved, a situation utilised by riders and teams to try out mixed rubber compounds, but a downpour in the final part of the day practically forced the conclusion of testing.

Being as it was, the adverse climate cut short the session and reduced drastically the number of laps and kilometres covered. Some riders, such as Sete Gibernau, didn´t ride at all. The Spaniard watched the track and stayed in the box all day in preference to taking unnecessary risks on the GP06. His teammate Loris Capirossi only racked up ten laps in order to evaluate the Bridgestone compounds.

Randy de Puniet, one of the riders to complete the most laps on the second day of testing, suffered a fall which forced him to take to his second bike. He escaped without injury.

Some teams didn´t even note down their times due to the little value they placed on the rain-soaked test. The forecasts indicate a swift improvement for the third and final day of the Phillip Island Test, but the risk of heavy showers continues.

NINA_BCN
02-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Poncharal on the Ellison-Checa line-up
News, 02/02/06

The Tech 3 Team will compete in the 2006 MotoGP World Championship with two riders, Spaniard Carlos Checa and Briton James Ellison, both on Yamaha M1s fitted with Dunlop tyres.

“Thanks to the combined efforts of Dunlop, Yamaha Motor and Tech 3, we have been able to finalize this project”, explains Hervé Poncharal, team manager of the French-based outfit. “After a difficult winter during which we developed our project with Dunlop, Yamaha and the young James Ellison, we are now really excited to see Carlos Checa joining the team.”

“Carlos is the most experienced rider on this year’s MotoGP grid. During his ten-year career as one of the top riders in the sport’s premier category, he has ridden different bikes on different tyre brands, and based on this experience, his input to our development will be of great value, especially for Dunlop.”

“With Carlos partnering James Ellison, one of the emerging talents and who raced on Dunlop tyres last year, we complete the ideal line-up of our team, a blend of youth and experience, in which we have strong hopes.”

Carlos Checa will join James Ellison for his first outing on his new Yamaha M1 on Dunlop tyres during the team’s next tests in Qatar on 5th, 6th and 7th February.

NINA_BCN
02-02-2006, 11:00 AM
KTM conscientiously prepare new World Championship assault
News, 02/02/06

KTM, last year´s 125cc World Constructors Champions, are carrying out an intense and productive preseason, with a chance for the public to see the progress in two weeks´ time at the team´s first 2006 test in Estoril.

KTM are sending all their squadron to undertake three days of practice at the scene of the Portuguese GP, which they will commence on February 15th. The test will also be a chance to see the new rider partnerships for 125cc and 250cc. In the lower class 2005 runner up Mika Kallio will join up with Spaniard Julián Simón, whilst in the quarter litre category Manuel Poggiali and Hiroshi Aoyama will be the official KTM duo.

The young riders from the new junior Red Bull KTM project will also be present. Stefan Bradl and Michael Ranseder- next year´s World Championship competitors- and the new riders from the German Championship in Randy Krummenacher and Robin Lässer.

Pit Beirer, KTM´s Head of Communication, has revealed to motogp.com the final nuances that the team are working on during this preseason. He also set the goals that the Central European constructor will hope to achieve in the coming World Championship.

`Our first target for 2006 is to be competitive with our top riders and to fight for the title. Also we are very proud to bring two riders from our own junior program to the world championship. We want to guide them carefully and build them up for the future. There is no pressure for results, but we ask them to work seriously and to give 100% for the sport´ he commented, whilst also adding:

`We are all realistic at KTM and we know about the strong competition´.

The KTM man also spoke about the adjustments made to the 2006 bike in the garage.

`We are working very hard on the bike right now and we will come with a brand new chassis. While testing in the wind tunnel we modified our fairing slightly, but very effectively. We all know Harald Bartol, he never stops developing the engine, so also on that side of things we are ready for the season´.

alexito
02-02-2006, 01:37 PM
test dia 3 en phillips island, otra vez las ducatti al frente!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.- gibernau
2.- capirossi
3.- melandri
4.- nakano
5.- hayden
6.- pedrosa
7.- stoner
8.- roberts
9.- de puniet
10.- tamada

NINA_BCN
02-02-2006, 01:40 PM
:bigclap: :woohoo:

Suzi
02-02-2006, 02:46 PM
:worship:

NINA_BCN
02-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Riders for Health hold auction at London Motorcycle Show
News, 03/02/06

Riders for Health, the humanitarian aid organisation which helps Africa and is supported by MotoGP, will hold an auction this week at the London Motorcycle Show, which takes place at Alexandra Palace in London.

Fans will next Sunday be able to bid for a lot which will contain, amongst other items, leathers signed by Sete Gibernau and Roberto Rolfo, Troy Bayliss´cap and gloves, a helmet signed by Jeremy McWilliams or even a part of three times World Champion Dani Pedrosa´s tyre.

In addition, Riders for Health have set up a raffle with the chance to win a Suzuki GSX-R1000 K6, donated by Suzuki UK. Throughout the whole season in different UK motorcycle events fans will be able to buy tickets for the prize draw, which will take place at the final Bennets Superbikes Championship race in October.

NINA_BCN
02-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Yamaha and Suzuki back to the grindstone in Qatar
News, 03/02/06

Yamaha´s two MotoGP teams, along with Suzuki, decided to separate themselves from the rest of the teams to continue their preseason, by heading out to Qatar. John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen\'s Suzuki will begin work in Losail on Sunday, one day ahead of Yamaha Racing´s arrival.

One of the talking points of the test will be Carlos Checa, who should make his debut with the Tech 3 team on the Dunlop-equipped M1. As James Ellison´s new teammate in Hervé Poncharal´s team, Checa finally saw a happy ending to the beginning of the year´s horror story, joining the team this week after being left out in the cold when Sito Pons´ abandoned his 2006 project.

Valentino Rossi, who tested for Ferrari in Valencia this week, will get back on two wheels as he continues his preparation with Camel Yamaha before the start of the World Championship proper.

For Team Suzuki MotoGP these three days of testing will be particularly useful, after the difficulties faced by the new GSV-R in the Sepang Test.

NINA_BCN
02-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Checa suffers fall as Qatar Test continues
News, 06/02/06

Carlos Checa suffered a fall in Qatar today whilst tyre testing at the Losail circuit. He recieved a blow to the head and was concussed. After being attended to at the circuit took no further part in the day´s action.

On a sunny day with the temperature perfect for testing, all riders took to the track punctually, with a morning start of between 9 and 10am. World Champion Valentino Rossi, joining the test after last week´s Ferrari F1 practices in Valencia, was a notable exception as he made his appearance at midday.

His teammate in the Camel Yamaha team, Colin Edwards, explained that today´s session would be primarily a tyre test, without too many changes to the bike as a whole.

MotoGP rookie Chris Vermeulen spoke of his content with the Suzuki GSV-R, having seen what appears to be a resolution of the problems which blighted his Sepang experience. Electronic problems in particular seemed to have been corrected.

1- Rossi 1'57.3
2- Edwards 1'57.3
3- Hopkins 1'57.6
4- Checa 1'57.9
5- Vermeulen 1'58.6
6- Ito 1'59.8
7- Ellison 1'59.8
8- Jacque 2'00.5

NINA_BCN
02-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Qatar Test: Checa returns, Hopkins finishes early
News, 07/02/06

Amidst high temperatures and light cloud, the MotoGP riders have continued to rack up the laps on the third day of testing in Qatar.

Carlos Checa returned to the Losail circuit after a nasty fall yesterday which left him concussed. The Catalan rider, who makes his debut with the Tech 3 team in the sessions, underwent a medical which showed no sign of injury and was able to get in the saddle once again. Continuing from yesterday´s tests of his Dunlop tyres, Checa has already beaten his previous fastest lap. Teammate James Ellison is also using today´s session to put the Dunlops through their paces.

The Camel Yamaha riders also continue their testing. Valentino Rossi took to the track earlier than yesterday –around 11.15 local time- joining teammate Colin Edwards and the Suzuki team of John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen. Hopkins called it a day just after 12pm, citing that engine potential problems with his Suzuki were adversely affecting his ride.

NINA_BCN
02-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Montmeló Test continues with Lorenzo fastest
News, 07/02/06

The Montmeló circuit played host to the second day of 125cc and 250cc tests today, and in contrast to last Monday´s weather-affected cancellation there were clear skies and prominent sunshine. The only meteorological problem affecting the test was a fresh wind causing temperatures to drop in the shaded sections of the track. Teams such as Aspar and Honda BQR brought a large section of their entourage to the Catalunya circuit for this session.

There was a sharp turnover in the pits, as riders came in for adjustments, changed parts and took to the track again. Marco Simoncelli and Roberto Locatelli were among those taking it easy during the day, passing much of the session in street clothes before their run-outs.

Jorge Lorenzo put in the day´s fastest time, a 1´46.89 onboard his Fortuna Aprilia. Alex de Angelis managed to prevent a repeat of yesterday´s Aprilia one-two with a 1´47.0 at the Montmeló track. The Italian explained that he was looking forward to an open and competitive season and was very happy with his team.

At lunchtime the riders kicked into gear, aiming to make the most out of the day´s highest temperatures.

Gino Borsoi´s fall halted the bustle of activity for a short while to allow the scene to be completely cleared, before the riders continued with the task at hand. Other falls without injury came from Derbi Racing´s Nico Terol and Totti Top Sport´s Stefano Bianco.

In addition to the various riders and team members, the test was also attended by thirty pupils from a nearby school, aged between eight and nine. Seated in the main grandstand, the day´s action no doubt proved to be a fantastic day out.

Montmeló Test- Day 2
Unofficial times

250cc

1. Jorge Lorenzo – Fortuna Aprilia 1’46.89
2. Alex de Angelis – Aspar Team 1’47.0
3. Héctor Barberá – Fortuna Aprilia 1’47.2
4. Jakub Smrz – AB Racing 1’47.62
5. Alex Debon – Aprilia 1’47.8
6. Roberto Locatelli – Team Toth 1’48.08
7. Marco Simoncelli – Metis Gilera 1’48.4
8. Arturo Tizón – Honda BQR 1’48.9
9. Martín Cárdenas – Honda BQR 1’49.7
10. Jordi Carchano – Stop and Go 1’52.5

125cc
1. Mattia Pasini – Aspar Team 1’50.7
2. Ángel Rodríguez – Totti Top Sport 1’51.2
3. Sergio Gadea – Aspar Team 1’51.7
4. Lukas Pesek – Derbi Racing 1’51.9
5. Héctor Faubel – Aspar Team 1’52.0
6. Joan Olivé – SSM Racing 1’52.5
7. Lorenzo Zanetti – Skilled ISPA 1’52.79
8. Nico Terol – Derbi Racing 1’52.8
9. Simone Corsi – Metis Gilera 1’52.8
10. Álvaro Bautista – Aspar Team 1’52.9
11. Federico Sandi – SSM Racing 1’53.6
12. Mateo Túnez – Aspar Team 1’54.0
13. Imre Toth – Team Toth 1’54. 1
14. Karel Abraham – AB Racing 1’54.2
15. Esteve Rabat – Honda BQR 1’54.8

Suzi
02-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Some test piccies

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/crashnet/20060207/16/2831805014.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/crashnet/20060206/10/595710978.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/crashnet/20060206/10/838917469.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/crashnet/20060206/10/2593656196.jpg

Suzi
02-09-2006, 10:13 PM
from Phillip Island BTW

NINA_BCN
02-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Thank you!!!!!! :kiss:

Btw, good to know that Fonsi Nieto is alive. :p

Suzi
02-12-2006, 08:55 AM
:lol:

Suzi
02-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Hopkins is Top Gun for commercial
News, 11/02/06

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/404/404318_74411.jpghttp://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/404/404319_30085.jpg

Although it may not look like it, the figure in the photo accompanying this piece is rider John Hopkins, taking a “spin” in a jet for a promotional video for energy drink Red Bull.

Hopkins was joined in the cockpit by another American rider, Freestyle star Travis Pastrana. Both had the chance to fly with Kirby Chambliss, five time World Champion in the world of aeroplane acrobatics. Even with his MotoGP experience, it would be hard to imagine Hopkins not being just a little anxious, as you can judge for yourself from the photo.

The young Suzuki MotoGP rider has just completed a few days of testing in Qatar. Paul Denning´s outfit will join up with a wealth of teams next Tuesday for the Malaysia Test, a final rehearsal of sorts before the Official Catalunya Test.

Suzi
02-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Nicky Hayden´s new “race-face”
News, 10/02/06

Honda´s latest bike to hit the market -the CBR1000RR- will use a rather unique picture of Nicky Hayden for its advertising campaign. Digitally altered, a futuristic headshot of the American rider replaces his left eye with the headlight of the recently released Honda. Hayden´s cyborg image is accompanied by a photo of the new bike with the slogan “Got something inside you?”, referring to the racing spirit that they hope the CBR1000RR instils in the rider.

Hayden emerged last season as one of the World Championship´s key riders, and also as the head of a generation of young riders hoped by Honda to reclaim the crown. The Kentucky native continues to help develop the latest version of the RC211V. Next Tuesday he will take part in the first of three sessions of testing in Malaysia, alongside the team and newcomer Dani Pedrosa.

NINA_BCN
02-12-2006, 09:39 AM
:eek: Is THAT thing Nicky??? :scared: He looks like David Bisbal. :ras:

Suzi
02-12-2006, 09:40 AM
David Bisbal :haha: isnt he the dude with the big hair

NINA_BCN
02-12-2006, 09:41 AM
David Bisbal :haha: isnt he the dude with the big hair
Yes!!!! :ras: Marat is his "hair twin". :sad:

Suzi
02-12-2006, 09:42 AM
:haha:

NINA_BCN
02-12-2006, 09:43 AM
It isn't funny. :sobbing:

:nerner: :rolls:

Suzi
02-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Think of the two they cud do a campaign together to save the Afro or something or a We Love the Fro, Yo! :p

NINA_BCN
02-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Think of the two they cud do a campaign together to save the Afro or something or a We Love the Fro, Yo! :p
Hun, Bob Marley died 26 years ago. ;) I don't want anybody to replace him. :p

Suzi
02-12-2006, 09:49 AM
looool anyways got to go :wavey:

NINA_BCN
02-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Bye!!!!! :bigwave:

NINA_BCN
02-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Agostini becomes “Grand Marshall” News, 12/02/06

The AMA and Cagiva USA have announced that Giacomo Agostini will be “Grand Marshall” of the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2006, a festival which takes place in Ohio in June.

“To have Giacomo presiding over this event will be a great experience, not just for MV and its fans but for all motorcyclists” said Lawrence Ferracci, Operations Director for Cagiva USA. “Agostini is a great champion and an icon in motorbike racing”. The Italian is considered one of, if not THE, greatest riders of all time. In 1999 he received a gala in recognition of his Hall of Fame induction. Throughout his career Agostini earned 15 world titles and 123 Grand Prix victories. The MV Agusta, which Agostini rode to victory,will be one of the focal points of AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, part of a classic bike exhibition that promises to be one of the festival´s main attractions

NINA_BCN
02-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Back to Sepang
News, 13/02/06

Preseason continues for the MotoGP teams, with a three day date in Sepang starting tomorrow. It will be February´s final test, with next month´s Official Catalunya Test to follow at the beginning of March.

The majority of the premier class teams will gather at the Malaysian circuit, as the preparation and fine tuning ahead of the 2006 season takes shape. Honda, Ducati, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki all return to work after a busy schedule, one which started in Sepang and in some cases took in Australia and Qatar.

According to results obtained so far, and also the opinion of motogp.com users, the two strongest teams at the moment are Ducati Marlboro and Camel Yamaha. The Italian outfit´s two riders-Sete Gibernau and Loris Capirossi- clocked the fastest times of January´s Malaysian Test, although Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards showed the power of the new M1 last week in Losail.

The meeting will also be a chance to check Marco Melandri´s form, as well as that of promising youngsters Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa on the RC211V. Suzuki MotoGP will be looking to solve any remaining problems with the new GSV-R after John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen suffered interruptions in the previous two tests.

Suzi
02-13-2006, 02:26 PM
I want the season to start now!!!! tennis is boring me :tape: plus the BBC will show motogp!!!! :)

NINA_BCN
02-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I want the season to start now!!!! tennis is boring me :tape: plus the BBC will show motogp!!!! :)
We have to wait 6 or 7 weeks for it. :o

Didn't any UK public channel show motogp? :eek:

Suzi
02-13-2006, 02:32 PM
yeah the BBC but only that class

NINA_BCN
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
yeah the BBC but only that class
:retard:

Suzi
02-13-2006, 06:01 PM
wots that for :nerner:

NINA_BCN
02-13-2006, 08:07 PM
wots that for :nerner:
IMO, I think the TV producers are a little bit :retard: if only show motogp. The other 2 categories are very interesting for the tv views from 2 points of view:
-the races are very competitive (more than motogp). :yeah:
-you can see the progression of the riders from the beginning of their career 'til their retirement. ;)

Suzi
02-13-2006, 08:09 PM
I totally agree, i like 125 cos it has alot of action in it motogp i have to has become boring cos rossi kinda dominates :p

NINA_BCN
02-13-2006, 08:18 PM
I totally agree, i like 125 cos it has alot of action in it motogp i have to has become boring cos rossi kinda dominates :p
Not only for his dominance. The other riders weren't the rivals that we'd expected. :unsure: Gibernau's past season was totally forgettable :o ,Max was in the limbo :smash: and Hayden...:rolleyes:

:worship: Macio, though. ;)

Suzi
02-13-2006, 08:19 PM
yeah they were just outclassed

NINA_BCN
02-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Sepang test - Day 1: Melandri fastest despite crash :yeah:
News, 14/02/06

There was a packed house at the Sepang Circuit this morning, as the majority of MotoGP teams took to the Malaysian track for a private test session in intense heat of around 45 degrees celsius. Unusually the teams began their first session of tests promptly at the circuit this morning, in order to avoid working in the even fiercer midday sun.

At 4pm local time there was a spell of light rainfall, which affected the final period of the test. Some riders decided against taking to the track again, preferring to wait for another opporunity to test in the dry.

In the middle of the morning a crash from Italian rider Marco Melandri forced him onto his second bike, which he took round in 2´01.66, the fastest time of the day (after 74 laps)

Australian Casey Stoner was still feeling the ill-effects of his shoulder injury (suffered last week whilst practising at Phillip Island) and only lapped during the morning. The rookie then went to hospital in order to undergo x-rays, the results of which are still unknown.

The big news from the test was Dani Pedrosa taking his first outing on the 2006 RC211V -the same bike used previously by the rest of the Honda riders- and using full Repsol livery and new tyres. It was another impressive showing for the Spaniard, who was second fastest of the day with a lap of 2´01.89.

The Yamaha prototypes continued to experience problems with chattering, particulary on the long bend of the Malaysian track. Both Colin Edwards (2´02.00) and Valentino Rossi (2´02.20) completed 54 laps on the newest version of the M1.

The Ducati Marlboro riders were lower down the field than in previous tests, Sete Gibernau suffering a gearbox glitch. He went out on the second bike but soon after returned to the box when the rain fell. Tomorrow he and teammate Loris Capirossi will focus on testing the chassis, electronics and tyres.

Sepang Test Day 1

Unofficial Times

1. Marco Melandri - Fortuna Honda 2'01.66
2. Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda 2'01.89
3. Colin Edwards - Camel Yamaha 2'02.00
4. John Hopkins - Suzuki MotoGP 2'02.15
5. Valentino Rossi - Camel Yamaha 2'02.20
6. Loris Capirossi - Ducati Marlboro 2'02.64
7. Randy de Puniet - Kawasaki Racing 2'02.75
8. Nicky Hayden - Repsol Honda 2'02.86
9. Carlos Checa - Yamaha Tech 3 2'03.40
10. Casey Stoner - LCR Honda 2'03.40
11. Sete Gibernau - Ducati Marlboro 2'03.51
12. Toni Elias - Fortuna Honda 2'03.52
13. Kenny Roberts - KR211V 2'03.58
14. Makoto Tamada - Konica Minolta Honda 2'03.66
15. Shinya Nakano - Kawasaki Racing 2'04.02
16. Chris Vermeulen - Suzuki MotoGP 2'04.10
17. Alex Hofmann - d'Antin Ducati 2'05.40
18. Jose Luis Cardoso - d'Antin Ducati 2'05.81
19. James Ellison - Yamaha Tech 3 2'05.90

Suzi
02-14-2006, 06:42 PM
wow dani second! funny really i had a really boring Economics lecture today but it so happens the boring lecturer shares the same surname as that wee lil boy

NINA_BCN
02-14-2006, 06:45 PM
wow dani second! funny really i had a really boring Economics lecture today but it so happens the boring lecturer shares the same surname as that wee lil boy
Pedrosa???? :lol: Where is that guy from? ;)

Suzi
02-14-2006, 06:49 PM
we were trying to figure it out in the lecture have noooooo clue

NINA_BCN
02-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Dani today in Sepang. ;)

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/efenews/20060214/1139413343064w.jpg

*edit* My avatar seems to look at him. :lol:

Suzi
02-14-2006, 06:53 PM
:lol: true

NINA_BCN
02-14-2006, 06:56 PM
He's jealous of Dani's early success. :p :lol:

NINA_BCN
02-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Rain continues to washout Sepang Test :rain:
News, 16/02/06

Meteorological conditions continue to affect the Sepang Test, with the third day the latest session to be affected. Another storm hit the circuit at around 1pm local time, practically forcing the riders to return to the boxes and leaving the second half of the day hanging in the balance. The state of the track, with mixed conditions, will surely see many riders deciding against turning out a second time.

This final session was delayed, with both wet and dry sections of the track. At around 11am the teams finally took to the track.

After the downpour, various teams such as Camel Yamaha and Suzuki, in addition to riders Nicky Hayden and Toni Elías, decided not to risk getting in the saddle. Youngsters Randy de Puniet and Dani Pedrosa, as well as Tuesday´s fastest rider Marco Melandri, all took the plunge and undertook laps.

More rain has worsened the situation for the riders on the final part of the final day at the Malaysian circuit.

NINA_BCN
02-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Crivillé talks about MotoGP´s young Spaniards
News, 18/02/06

Álex Crivillé has been at Toni Elías’ side once again during this week´s Sepang Test. The Catalan rider’s assistant, Crivillé is looking at the premier class from a very different perspective to that of his riding days.

As well as evaluating his protegé’s progress on the RC211V,the Spaniard also spoke to motogp.com about young rookie Dani Pedrosa.

“I think that Dani is riding well at the moment, very precise and doing good laps. This is the result of a great adaptation to the bike and I believe that this debut year could be a good one for him” stated Crivillé on the Repsol Honda rider.

With regards Elias, he is satisfied with his preseason, although indicated that the Spaniard is having difficulties adjusting to his new ride.

“What he must do now is put some kilometres on the bike. I think there are still many days of testing before the season starts. At the moment he is progressing, but not exactly as we would like. He´s had problems with adapting to the new bike, in particular the front”.

NINA_BCN
02-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Ducati link up with energy drink company
News, 18/02/06

Ducati Corse has chosen Gatorade to be its official sports drink. PepsiCo Beverages Italia has announced that an agreement has been reached linking the Italian team to the sports drink until the end of 2007.

In addition to being provided with refreshments, Ducati will also display the logo on the water bottles used by the factory riders, on the starting grid and at the finish of the races.

"I believe that the decision of a company of the calibre of PepsiCo to invest in motorcycling, in a year that offers numerous other prestigious sporting events, is an important sign for our entire sector" declared Alessandro Cicognani, Ducati Corse Marketing Director. "Their decision to do so together with Ducati makes us very proud and!"

Ducati will also make use of the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI), the international body specializing in sports nutrition and hydration, which will carry out hydration tests on the riders.

"Motorcycle racing is a sport that requires the utmost concentration and energy. It also requires non-stop work to obtain successful results. For this reason we believe that Gatorade will be an important ally for the riders " explained Nicola Sponsiello, the Gatorade Sports Science Institute's spokesperson for Italy.

NINA_BCN
02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Former Doohan and Rossi Technician leaves MotoGP
News, 19/02/06

Dick Smart, who prepared World Championship-winning Hondas for Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, has ended his lengthy career as a globetrotting Grand Prix motorcycle technician and joined Paul Morris’ V8 Supercar motor racing team on the Gold Coast.

Smart will be a Crew Chief with Paul Morris Motorsports in this year’s 13-round V8 Supercar Championship.

The 43-year-old New Zealander was a technician with the factory Honda Racing Corporation team in 500cc and MotoGP world championship racing from 1989 to 2005.

He helped prepare HRC machines for Australian Doohan from 1989 to 1999, Italian Rossi from 2000 to 2003, Brazil’s Alex Barros in 2004, and American Nicky Hayden in 2005. During that period Doohan won five 500cc World Championships and 54 Grand Prix races, while Rossi secured one 500cc and two MotoGP titles, plus had 33 race victories.

Smart said his decision to join Morris’ team was prompted by a desire for fresh challenges, and also a more settled family lifetyle. Since 1989 Smart has spent about nine months of each year overseas with racing and off-season testing commitments.

“I’ve had a great time in the motorcycle world championship, especially working with guys like Mick (Doohan) and Valentino (Rossi),” said Smart. “But I was getting tired of all the travel and I wanted to spend more time with my family and see my kids grow up.”

Smart, who has spent some time on the Gold Coast during Summer off-season months for more than a decade, first spoke with Morris about a career change in November (2005). Later that month he joined Morris’ team at the final two rounds of the 2005 V8 Supercar Championship at Symmons Plains in Tasmania and Phillip Island in Victoria.

Team Boss Paul Morris said Smart’s past experience in international motorsport would be an asset to his team.

“Teams work the same way, whether cars or bikes, because it’s all about getting things done on time and then moving on to the next thing.”

Smart said in the short time he has been at PMM he had found considerable differences between working with V8 Supercars compared to Grand Prix motorcycles.

“Bikes are physically a lot easier to work on because you can walk around them and get to all the bits and pieces without too much trouble,” he said. “With the cars you have to crawl under them, or climb inside them, and the parts are spread out.”

NINA_BCN
02-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Work starts on Laguna Seca improvements :aplot:
News, 19/02/06

An important transformation is taking place at the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, scene of this season’s United States Grand Prix. Work started in January on a project set to cost six million dollars, with the main objective of improving safety and facilities. :rolleyes: The update is scheduled for completion before June’s MotoGP race.

The track is also set to be relayed, with work focused on improving and enlarging both the safety zones and run off areas. Another of the big changes will be the relocation of what will now be the Media Center.

NINA_BCN
02-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Stoner targeting first race after shoulder operation
News, 22/02/06

Casey Stoner is optimistic of making his MotoGP debut in the first round of the season at Jerez on March 26th after undergoing surgery on a shoulder injury. The Australian was forced out of action in the first day of recent tests at Sepang, Malaysia, complaining of severe discomfort in his right shoulder.

Scans revealed ligament damage caused by an old training injury and specialists opted to put the youngster under the knife on his return to Sydney. Initial fears that he could miss up to four months have now been quelled and, although he is ruled out of the upcoming official tests at Catalunya and Jerez, Stoner is hopeful of taking his place on the grid at Jerez.

“Basically I had some torn-up old ligament tissue that was getting trapped in the joint and making it very uncomfortable for me to ride the bike – especially something as demanding as the RC211V,” said Stoner, who makes the step up to MotoGP this season to ride a Honda after finishing runner-up in the 250cc class with Aprilia last season.

“The surgeons have cut out the old tissue and now it is just a case of letting the shoulder settle down and then start to build my strength back up. It’s a blow to miss the next couple of tests but I was warned last week that I could be out for four months so I have to look on the positive side and say it’s not as bad as it could have been.

“I know we will have a lot of catching up to do when I get back but the team have shown a fantastic work ethic in the preseason tests so far and I will be just as determined to make up for lost time. I’m confident we can be competitive in a short space of time.”

Suzi
02-22-2006, 10:24 AM
wow u and your news Alicia :p How many weeks to go!! cos after the Winter olympics im gonna be bored again cos tennis is boring me lol

NINA_BCN
02-22-2006, 03:35 PM
wow u and your news Alicia :p How many weeks to go!! cos after the Winter olympics im gonna be bored again cos tennis is boring me lol
:p 5 weeks. :rolleyes:

Suzi
02-22-2006, 04:04 PM
eek getting closer wots the exact dat lol

NINA_BCN
02-22-2006, 04:50 PM
The first race will be at Jerez on March 26th. ;)

Suzi
02-22-2006, 05:51 PM
ooooo

NINA_BCN
02-22-2006, 06:20 PM
ooooo
What? :confused:

Suzi
02-22-2006, 06:27 PM
nada :p

NINA_BCN
02-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Vale. :nerner:

NINA_BCN
02-23-2006, 01:56 PM
BMW continue as official MotoGP Safety Car suppliers
News, 22/02/06

With a collaboration dating back over six years to 1999, BMW will continue its support of the MotoGP World Championships with an agreement to supply the Safety Cars for the series for another four seasons up to 2009. At the Jerez circuit in southern Spain on Tuesday, the President of BMW M, Professor Ulrich Bruhnke, signed an agreement with Dorna Sports CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta, as he handed over the keys to MotoGP’s new vehicles. Each of MotoGP’s seventeen events will be escorted by a powerful and stylish BMW fleet, consisting of a BMW M5 and BMW M6.

Furthermore, as in the previous two seasons, BMW will support an additional level of competition in the MotoGP class with the BMW M Award. This award will see the fastest rider at March 5th’s MotoGP Official Test at the Catalunya Circuit in Spain take home a brand new BMW Z4 M Roadster. :aplot: Then throughout the season, the rider who accrues the lowest qualifying times total including his time from the Official Test, will drive away with a BMW Z4 M Coupé. :aplot: :aplot:

As part of the link-up, BMW will also provide Dorna, the organiser and commercial rights holder for the MotoGP World Championships, with a broader selection of BMW cars for organizational purposes.

NINA_BCN
02-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Checa confident on road to Catalunya
News, 23/02/06

Carlos Checa riding fast is hardly a shock for followers of the Spaniard’s career. However, the Yamaha Tech3 rider’s phenomenal performance in Qatar in his first test with his new team came as something of a pleasant surprise. The Catalan himself- speaking after the Sepang Test exclusively to motogp.com- revealed that this debut performance had raised his expectations for the season.

“I had my doubts, but now I’m comfortable with the team and the bike” declared Checa, who also cited areas for improvement as the main focus of the coming tests.

“We need to improve the rear tyre and make it more consistent….but it’s a good starting point. This isn’t the kind of project that you draw conclusions from in two days”

The rider left somewhat in limbo at the start of the year by the withdrawal of Sito Pons from MotoGP always felt he should be racing this season. He confessed to being at home two weeks before the Qatar Test confident but with a small doubt over his participation, keen to play a part in the World Championship.

“I felt I wasn’t ready to stop. I feel like I need to be on the track. The speed, the competition…everything. Although I’ve started things late, working against the odds gives me great satisfaction”

Checa and teammate James Ellison will head to Montmeló, the Spaniard’s home circuit, for the Official Catalunya Test next week. Although it is a track that the team should be familiar with, Checa points out that “with a new bike, every circuit is new for you”. From his experience he knows the track to be slippery, and states that the team are “a little worried about the temperature”, but the opportunity to see Checa back in action is a pleasure for fans and the man himself whatever the weather.

Suzi
02-23-2006, 04:18 PM
so wots up first circuit wise... im too lazy to look it up :p

NINA_BCN
02-23-2006, 04:42 PM
:confused:

Jerez.

Suzi
02-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Jerez ok thanks lol so the time diff wont be a prob hehe

NINA_BCN
02-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Jerez ok thanks lol so the time diff wont be a prob hehe
Only 1 hour. :p

Suzi
02-23-2006, 07:30 PM
i know :p

NINA_BCN
02-24-2006, 01:54 PM
:nerner:

NINA_BCN
02-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Vincent starts the season with renewed ambition ;)
News, 24/02/06

Arnaud Vincent faces the coming season with the intention of a fresh start, coming off the back of a difficult 2005. He joins the Arie Molenaar team hoping for good results in his latest assault on the 250cc category.

The Frenchman is one of a large group of riders undertaking tests in Valencia this week, fine tuning both his style and bike ahead of next week’s Official Catalunya Test. Vincent spoke with motogp.com at yesterday’s first session in Cheste, where he gave an exclusive interview about his preseason.

“Now we are working on the finer points of the bike, work that will put us in the best condition possible for the start of the season” commented the former 125cc World Champion.

“Obviously last year was very complicated for me, and I hope to have a better season. We are going to prepare ourselves as best as we can in Barcelona and Jerez”

Welcome back!!! :D

NINA_BCN
02-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Camel Yamaha unveil final livery in Italy :aplot:
News, 27/02/06

With exactly one month to go before the first race of the new MotoGP season, the Camel Yamaha Team today celebrated the start of its 2006 campaign with a Team Presentation in Milan, in front of 300 guests and international media. World Champion Valentino Rossi and his American team-mate Colin Edwards, celebrating his 32nd birthday today, were joined on stage by VIP guests from Yamaha and Japan Tobacco International, as well as Italian TV presenter Marco Mazzocchi, who compered the presentation.

The bikes were unveiled by the Festi group of acrobats, who descended from the roof to reveal the M1s of Rossi and Edwards in their final 2006 livery. Mazzocchi then welcomed Masao Furusawa, Executive Officer for Engineering Operations at Yamaha Motor Company and Lin Jarvis, Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing Srl, onto the stage.

“Even though the basic M1 concept for 2006 is the same”, commented Furusawa, “this is a more sophisticated bike, especially with the increasing RPM of the engine. It is very important for the progression of the bike to keep Valentino and Colin together, as they are not just riders for us, but a key part of the development of the M1”.

“Last year we got everything right with this team,” added Jarvis. “The rider combination, the bike and every other element. Now our goal with our new title sponsor Camel is to achieve all this once again and win the championship.”

Davide Brivio, Team Director for the Yamaha Factory Team then took to the stage to talk about his goals for the season and the new designs.

“I think that everybody will really like the new livery, and especially the riders’ numbers on the white squares. We needed to come up with something original for the livery without moving away from the Camel yellow, which we all really like, and now I think this final livery is going to look really spectacular on track. For the season, we’re ready! We’ve done some important and successful tests, and now we will just make the most of the six remaining days of testing before the first race to make some final improvements to the new M1.”

The audience was then treated to a spectacular video of the team and riders, before Rossi and Edwards mounted the stage together for their part in the day. “This new bike is really beautiful!” exclaimed Rossi, who this season aims to win a sixth consecutive World Championship title. “It’s exciting to be starting another season with Yamaha; these last two seasons together with them have probably been the best of my career. It’s also nice to be with Colin again, we’re very close in our team. The new M1 is already very good and we’ve been working very closely to develop it with Yamaha. Yamaha has done a very good job. This year I have many new young adversaries who will be challenging me, and I think there is going to be some spectacular racing!”

His team-mate Edwards, seeking to improve on his fourth-place in the championship last year, said “I really like the new bike design, it looks really great. I had the retro-style number five like this on the bike at Laguna Seca last year and I’ve used it again for this year. The new bike in general has been fantastic throughout the winter tests, I’m really excited. Yamaha has done a great job and everything about it feels better than last year. I honestly can’t wait to get back on board this week in Barcelona, we have a few things to work on still but we’re in good shape. My promise for the year is to win at least a few races and have a one-two for the Camel Yamaha Team at the end of the year!”

NINA_BCN
02-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Vale and his new bike. ;)

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/crashnet/20060227/16/2154157795.jpg

alexito
02-27-2006, 10:39 PM
gracias!!!!!!
a valentino le queda bien cualquier color :worship:

Suzi
02-28-2006, 07:56 AM
:o

NINA_BCN
02-28-2006, 09:57 PM
gracias!!!!!!
a valentino le queda bien cualquier color :worship:
Valentino "es" amarillo. :p De todas las motos que ha llevado, yo me quedo con el diseño de la 500 cc del 2001, con el depósito azul. ;)

Suzi
03-01-2006, 12:11 AM
ok seeing u guys like speaking spanish here im gonna test out my new skills :p if wrong im am truly sorry lol

Valentine no es guapo!

NINA_BCN
03-01-2006, 06:40 AM
ok seeing u guys like speaking spanish here im gonna test out my new skills :p if wrong im am truly sorry lol

Valentine no es guapo!
¡¡¡Yo no he dicho eso!!! :eek: :eek:

Suzi
03-01-2006, 06:54 AM
no i said it

Suzi
03-01-2006, 06:54 AM
guess my spanish skills worked though hehe

NINA_BCN
03-01-2006, 11:02 AM
no i said it
Then, all I can say is........you're completely right!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Suzi
03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
me gusta sete muchisimo :p haha

dont u just love the word Guapo, i think its just cool, guapo guapo guapo

actually it reminds me of Will & Grace when jack named his parrott Guapo :o

alexito
03-01-2006, 04:04 PM
acabo de ver los tiempos en directo de la 250cc

1.- lorenzo
2.- deangelis
3.- barbera
4.- smrz
5.- dovizioso
6.- porto

alexito
03-01-2006, 09:57 PM
I like sete in red :devil:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1055/setelori7kp.jpg

NINA_BCN
03-01-2006, 10:05 PM
me gusta sete muchisimo :p haha

dont u just love the word Guapo, i think its just cool, guapo guapo guapo

actually it reminds me of Will & Grace when jack named his parrott Guapo :o
:lol:

Sete looks great in red. ;)

Suzi
03-02-2006, 09:28 AM
:eek: thats hot omg omg guapo guapo guapo :drool:

NINA_BCN
03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

alexito
03-02-2006, 02:18 PM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7373/tl789715rn.jpg

As the 125cc teams’ MotoGP Official Test second session drew to a close, the big news coming from the Catalunya Circuit was the crash suffered by Thomas Lüthi.

Suffering a compound fracture of the left collarbone, the reigning world champion has been advised by the Clinica Mobile to withdraw from the MotoGP Official Test in Jerez. Total rest has been recommended to the Swiss rider, who has been given a special brace bandage to immobilise the injured area, so that the need for surgery is avoided and he can start his title defence at the first race of the season, a date just 20 days away.

The Swiss had been lying in tenth on the session’s leaderboard with a fastest lap of 1´51.821. At last year’s Japanese Grand Prix, Lüthi dislocated his shoulder and damaged both ankles in a crash which drew the race to an early conclusion.

Others to suffer crashes in the final session were Julián Simón and Nicolas Terol.

Terol received bruises to his forearm and right hand as a result of his incident, whilst Simón suffered a sprained left foot. Both should be present at the MotoGP Official Test in Jerez later this month.

NINA_BCN
03-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Joerrrrrr, que mala pata.....:smash:

Por cierto, ayer me di cuenta que en el hotel donde trabajo había un cliente hospedado que se llamaba Sergio Gadea. :lol: No era él, por supuesto, pero me hizo mucha gracia porque también era valenciano. :p

alexito
03-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Joerrrrrr, que mala pata.....:smash:

Por cierto, ayer me di cuenta que en el hotel donde trabajo había un cliente hospedado que se llamaba Sergio Gadea. :lol: No era él, por supuesto, pero me hizo mucha gracia porque también era valenciano. :p

le hubieras preguntado si era pariente o algo asi le mangueabas alguna entradita para las carreras :p

NINA_BCN
03-02-2006, 04:01 PM
le hubieras preguntado si era pariente o algo asi le mangueabas alguna entradita para las carreras :p
¡¡¡No lo vi!!! Me di cuenta al ver en el ordenador del spa la gente que había alojada. :o Si me lo llego a encontrar y le veo algo de parecido, fijo que le pregunto. :lol:

alexito
03-02-2006, 04:02 PM
lorenzo sigue robando, es un misil, y nadie se le puede acercar en los tiempos.

tiempos catalunya 2/3/06

1.- lorenzo
2.- deangelis a 0.669
3.- smrz a 0,712
4.- barbera a 0,867
5.- locatelli a 1,163
6.- takahashi a 1,312
7.- dovizioso a 1,319
8.- aoyama a 1,334
9.- porto a 1,753
10.- tizon a 1,882

NINA_BCN
03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
¡¡¡¡Vamos Giorgio!!!! :bounce: :bigclap:

Suzi
03-02-2006, 08:06 PM
I hope luthi gets better :hug:

Suzi
03-02-2006, 08:07 PM
oh alicia u be happy to know i passed my Spanish exam hehe got my results today muy bueno :haha:

NINA_BCN
03-02-2006, 08:13 PM
oh alicia u be happy to know i passed my Spanish exam hehe got my results today muy bueno :haha:
:woohoo: :woohoo: ¡¡¡Muy bien!!! :banana: :banana:

If you have any question, just ask me. ;) I'll try my best to explain what you want to know. ;)

alexito
03-03-2006, 08:32 AM
otra fotito de sete in red :)

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/5216/sg406159312175hm.jpg

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Estas fotos son para recrear la vista a Suzi. ;) :lol:

Suzi
03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
:inlove: wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Do you need a bib? :p

Suzi
03-03-2006, 10:52 AM
:drool: si :devil:

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Here you are....

http://toddleposh.com/fpdb/images/hippo-bib.jpg

The Hippo bib!!!

:haha: :haha:

Suzi
03-03-2006, 10:56 AM
:haha: no thanks thats for u :p

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 10:57 AM
:haha: no thanks thats for u :p
:p :lol:

Suzi
03-03-2006, 11:04 AM
ive changed my av :angel:

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 11:23 AM
ive changed my av :angel:

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Rossi takes over in morning session :aplot:
Report, 03/03/06

After the conclusion of two days’ of lower category testing, the Circuit de Catalunya finally saw the arrival of the premier class of MotoGP today. The Official Test got underway this morning, with the session scheduled to finish at 6pm local time.

It was reigning World Champion Valentino Rossi who made his mark in the morning’s testing. The Italian was a notable absentee from morning proceedings, finally taking to the track at around 12.40pm. He was nearly immediately at the head of the leaderboard, clocking a lap of 1’44.571 on his sixth lap. Before that, teammate Colin Edwards and Suzuki’s John Hopkins had been exchanging fastest laps for much of the morning. Shinya Nakano and Marco Melandri have also shown impressive speed at the Circuit de Catalunya.

In contrast to yesterday’s sunny skies, there is a large amount of cloud over Montmeló, although this has served to elevate temperatures for the riders on the track. Thus far there have been no crashes on this first day of Official Testing for the premier class.

MotoGP Official Test

MotoGP- Times as of 1pm (local time)

1. Valentino Rossi - Camel Yamaha 1'44.571
2. John Hopkins - Rizla Suzuki 1'44.999
3. Shinya Nakano - Kawasaki Racing 1'45.096
4. Colin Edwards - Camel Yamaha 1'45.154
5. Marco Melandri - Fortuna Honda 1'45.206
6. Nicky Hayden - Repsol Honda 1'45.522
7. Carlos Checa - Yamaha Tech 3 1'45.663
8. Randy de Puniet - Kawasaki Racing 1'46.293
9. Kenny Roberts jr. - Team Roberts 1'46.352
10. Loris Capirossi - Ducati Marlboro 1'46.537

:scratch: Where's Sete??? :o

Suzi
03-03-2006, 02:56 PM
all i can say is :ras:

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 02:58 PM
:o

Mashik
03-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Hello to everyone! I've only seen this thread! :)
And very happy about it! :bounce:
May a big fan of Vali join to you? ;) :lol:

Suzi
03-03-2006, 03:01 PM
u like valentino nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, anyways i forgive u cos ur an iggy iguana fan :o

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Hello to everyone! I've only seen this thread! :)
And very happy about it! :bounce:
May a big fan of Vali join to you? ;) :lol:
You're very welcome here!!! :hug: :hug:

Suzi, bad girl!!! :ras:

Mashik
03-03-2006, 03:03 PM
u like valentino nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, anyways i forgive u cos ur an iggy iguana fan :o
Yeah! I LOVE him! :angel: He's my favorite since I've seen him in 125! :cool:
Sorry, but he's my God in MotoGP! Like Schumi in F1 :p

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 03:04 PM

Mashik
03-03-2006, 03:04 PM
You're very welcome here!!! :hug: :hug:

Suzi, bad girl!!! :ras:
Thank you vary much! I'm very glad about it! ;) :hug:

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 03:08 PM
The more, the merrier. ;)

Suzi
03-03-2006, 03:10 PM
schumi :o hehehe

Mashik
03-03-2006, 03:12 PM
schumi :o hehehe
Not funny! :sad:
Anywhere, we'll see who will be smiling the last! :p

The more, the merrier.
Right! :yeah: Let's have fun! ;)

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 03:15 PM

Fernando??? :p

Suzi
03-03-2006, 03:16 PM

well kimi or alonso for f1

and it prob will be valentino in MGP :o bums

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 03:20 PM
:aplot: Don't lose your faith in Sete! ;)

Suzi
03-03-2006, 03:22 PM
i wont but if he has the same brain farts as he did last yr then :o but im hoping the red will be lucky, cos its lucky in our culture :p *wishful thinking*

Mashik
03-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Fernando??? :p
Fernando???
Haha :banghead: Hope, not... :angel:

and it prob will be valentino in MGP bums
And not probably! He will! :p
Hope, it was just jokes about him and F1... :cool:

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 03:25 PM
i wont but if he has the same brain farts as he did last yr then :o but im hoping the red will be lucky, cos its lucky in our culture :p *wishful thinking*
I hope it, so. I don't want more Vale's monographics. :yawn:

Suzi
03-03-2006, 03:26 PM
:lol: he doesnt even need a helmet thats wots his hair is for :p

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 03:29 PM
:lol: he doesnt even need a helmet thats wots his hair is for :p
:p

He "looks" better with short hair. ;)

http://sub69.turboblog.fr/sub/files/p_rossi_1024.jpg

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Opps, sorry. The pic is HUGE!!!! :o

Suzi
03-03-2006, 03:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont corrupt my eyes

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 03:33 PM

Mashik
03-03-2006, 03:35 PM

He "looks" better with short hair. ;)

agree! :cool:
As I see, the hairs is the mane problem almost for everybody now! :mad:

dont corrupt my eyes
Don't warry, your eyes will survive! :p :lol:

Suzi
03-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Well here some piccies.....

The 3rd pic :o :haha:

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 03:48 PM
agree! :cool:
As I see, the hairs is the mane problem almost for everybody now! :mad:

Yes!!! :lol:

alexito
03-03-2006, 04:55 PM
los tiempos de hoy de motogp no son buenos, esperemos a mañana.

1.- rossi
2.- edward
3.- checa
4.- hopkins
5.- hayden
6.- nakano
7.- gibernau
8.- melandri
9.- elias
10.- tamada
11.- roberts
12.- pedrosa
13.- depuniet
14.- capirossi

NINA_BCN
03-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Poncharal replaces Pons as IRTA president.
Fri 03 Mar, 5:29 PM

The International Road Racing Teams Association (IRTA) - an association formed to attend to the interests of all teams, riders and service companies participating in MotoGP racing - has named Tech 3 Yamaha team principal Herve Poncharal as its new president.

IRTA, which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, employs several staff members to administer and perform a vast range of duties for the membership. The membership also elects the President of IRTA, with both the President and the Committee have a two-year mandate.

Catalunya was the chosen venue for the IRTA Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the membership discussed and agreed upon several matters. The Committee presented the 2005 accounts for inspection and the proposed 2006 budget. Team selection was confirmed and ratified and details of the new regulations for 2006 were given to the membership.

IRTA Presidential elections were scheduled for the AGM and, for the first time since the foundation of the Association, two candidates for the post were originally proposed; current president Sito Pons and Poncharal.

However, the election proved to be an unnecessary exercise as Pons announced he felt that after ten years in the role of IRTA Chairman or President it was the appropriate time to step down and allow another qualified member assume the role. In withdrawing his candidature Sito pledge his full support to Herve who was duly elected.

Poncharal was elected to the Committee of IRTA in 1997 and has retained his position ever since. A motorcycle road racing stalwart Herve is the team owner of the Tech 3 Yamaha MotoGP team. He also has a solid 250cc grand prix pedigree having contested the quarter litre championship with Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha machinery. The highlight of his 250c career was a World Championship title with Olivier Jacque in 2000.

The Committee members paid tribute to departing president Pons thanking the former double 250cc World Champion for his tireless, and fruitful work on behalf of the Association dating back to the 1980s.

Despite his success on track as both rider and winning team owner Pons was always on hand to defend and promote the best interests of the IRTA teams and riders. He was elected to the Committee of IRTA in 1986, shortly after the Association was founded. Sito was elected as Chairman of the Committee in 1997 and three years later his candidature for role of President was successful.

Sito has been influential in all major developments in world championship racing over recent years representing the interest of the teams in negotiations with Dorna, and as the IRTA delegate to the Grand Prix Commission.

alexito
03-04-2006, 05:27 PM
http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/3888/vr425378xo.jpg

Rossi and Checa continue to impress at MotoGP Official Test

Valentino Rossi was once again the fastest rider at the MotoGP Official Test, with a dominant display at the Circuit de Catalunya.

Yesterday’s fastest rider, he took just under twenty minutes to top the table, with his fastest lap at 1pm local time of 1’43.704 putting him first. John Hopkins and the Italian’s teammate Colin Edwards joined him as the three fastest riders as of 1pm local time.

Amongst those to take to the track early this morning were Sete Gibernau, Alex Hoffman and Hopkins. Once again it was Rossi who would make his appearance last at the Circuit de Catalunya. Weather conditions were overcast but without rain, the cloudy skies causing temperatures to drop from yesterday on the track.

At just past 1.45pm, Repsol Honda’s Dani Pedrosa crashed out on turn four. The incident left the Spaniard uninjured, but forced him to ride on a second bike for the rest of the session.

With Rossi continuing to ride fast, after 4pm the top spot on the leaderboard was exchanged rapidly between four riders. Colin Edwards set a lap of 1’43.388, but just minutes later saw Kawasaki’s Shinya Nakano put in a flying lap of 1’43.245 to snatch the position.

Carlos Checa continued his tremendous preseason by breaking the circuit record at 4.30pm. The Spaniard has been the surprise story of the Official Test, yesterday completing an all-Yamaha top three and today going one better. Fifteen minutes after setting his fastest lap however, Checa saw Rossi breaking the 1’43 second barrier to finish the day first.

Behind the top four of Rossi, Checa, Nakano and Edwards, there were three other riders to lap quicker than 1’44: Sete Gibernau, Randy De Puniet and John Hopkins.

Completing the top ten were the three fastest Honda riders of the day. Official factory rider Nicky Hayden clocked the eighth fastest lap of the day ahead of Makoto Tamada and teammate Pedrosa.

Light rain is predicted for tomorrow, which will be both the final day of the Official Test and the scene of the BMW M Award competition, which starts at 2pm local time and will see the riders compete to earn the fastest lap in a 40 minute session. The winner of this action-packed race against the clock will receive a brand new BMW Z4 M Roadster.

MotoGP Official Test

Times: Day 2

1. Valentino Rossi (Camel Yamaha) - 1'42.477
2. Carlos Checa (Yamaha Tech 3) - 1'43.142
3. Shinya Nakano (Kawasaki Racing) - 1'43.245
4. Colin Edwards (Camel Yamaha) - 1'43.388
5. Sete Gibernau (Ducati Marlboro) - 1'43.784
6. Randy de Puniet (Kawasaki Racing) - 1'43.874
7. John hopkins (Rizla Suzuki) - 1'43.970
8. Nicky Hayden (Repsol Honda) - 1'44.029
9. Mika Tamada (Konica Minolta Honda) - 1'44.246
10. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) - 1'44.369

NINA_BCN
03-04-2006, 06:21 PM

:worship: :worship:

NINA_BCN
03-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Nakano: This is a real boost. ;)
Sat 04 Mar, 7:10 PM

Shinya Nakano was all smiles after day two of the Official MotoGP test at Catalunya, in which the highly rated Japanese set the third fastest time to give team green"a real boost".

Nakano started the day, marked by cold and windy weather, with shakedown tests on the latest specification Ninja ZX-RR engine, before switching to his second bike, and an earlier version motor, to continue tyre testing with Bridgestone.

The 28-year-old lapped consistently throughout the day, rarely dropping outside of the top six, before securing third position on the timesheet with his final flying lap - having lapped just 0.1secs from second placed Carlos Checa and 0.768secs from world champion Valentino Rossi.

"This is a new experience, both for me and the team. In the past we have struggled to achieve a good result at this first European test, but today everything came together and we finished top three on the timesheet," enthused Shinya. "For sure, we have to do the same tomorrow during the last day, but this result has provided a real boost to the team, all of whom have worked so hard to get us to this point. And we think there is more to come, because we still have a further evolution of the Ninja ZX-RR engine to test in Jerez next week.

"I also managed to do some tyre testing for Bridgestone today, but it is difficult to evaluate tyre performance when the track temperature is so low. Hopefully we can continue to improve tomorrow, although it looks like the rain that we managed to avoid today will definitely make an appearance for tomorrow's (BMW) qualifying session."

Meanwhile, despite still suffering from the effects of a heavy landing after highsiding yesterday, Randy de Puniet also made significant improvements to his lap time, eventually finishing sixth fastest and ahead of a number of more experienced factory MotoGP riders.

Like his team-mate, de Puniet also dedicated most of today's session to tyre testing, as the 25-year-old Frenchman and Bridgestone worked to complete their test schedule in the dry, but cold, conditions.

"This morning I was a little bit sore from my big crash yesterday, but the only place it was really noticeable was through the first split, where I was losing a little bit of time," explained Randy, who was 0.6secs slower than Nakano. "This morning we concentrated on tyre testing with Bridgestone; with most of the tyres we tried offering some improvement despite the cold track conditions.

"Last thing this afternoon I tried a couple of laps on a qualifying tyre, and I'm happy with the lap times, but again I was losing a little bit of time on the first part of the track because of the soreness in my lower back and my ankle. I hope that it stays dry for tomorrow, as I'm confident that I can make further improvements before we head for the next test at Jerez."

Today's performances stand Nakano and de Puniet in good stead for tomorrow's traditional qualifying competition. The fastest rider during a timed, one hour session tomorrow afternoon will leave Catalunya with a brand new car, courtesy of series sponsors, BMW - a prize both Kawasaki riders have said they would be happy to collect!

"We've pushed to complete our test schedule as quickly as possible because of the threat of rain, so tomorrow we have a few things to evaluate, but the main focus will be on the qualifying session in the afternoon," revealed technical manager Naoya Kaneko.

Suzi
03-04-2006, 08:44 PM

Mashik
03-04-2006, 08:58 PM

MotoGP Official Test

1. Valentino Rossi (Camel Yamaha) - 1'42.477
2. Carlos Checa (Yamaha Tech 3) - 1'43.142
3. Shinya Nakano (Kawasaki Racing) - 1'43.245
4. Colin Edwards (Camel Yamaha) - 1'43.388
5. Sete Gibernau (Ducati Marlboro) - 1'43.784
6. Randy de Puniet (Kawasaki Racing) - 1'43.874
7. John hopkins (Rizla Suzuki) - 1'43.970
8. Nicky Hayden (Repsol Honda) - 1'44.029
9. Mika Tamada (Konica Minolta Honda) - 1'44.246
10. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) - 1'44.369
Vali :worship:
:bigclap: :yeah:
Not gonna get us! :p

Suzi
03-04-2006, 09:11 PM
its pnly a test :ras: haha yes my bitter twisted self is coming out :p

NINA_BCN
03-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Edwards wins BMW M Award as Rossi crashes :p
News, 05/03/06

On a soaking wet track, Camel Yamaha’s Colin Edwards was the winner of this year’s BMW M Award at the MotoGP Official Test.

The American rider joins teammate Valentino Rossi and Spaniard Sete Gibernau in the list of winners of the prize, having racked up his fastest lap towards the end of the 40 minute session.

After an early fast lap from Briton James Ellison, John Hopkins and Valentino Rossi traded the top spot with the wet track keeping times far off those of previous days. Rossi then took charge, continually improving his times, until a series of crashes left both riders out of the running within a minute of each other. With ten minutes left, the car was still up for grabs, and it would be the Italian’s teammate Edwards who would drive it home. The American put in a lap of 1’57.102 with little time remaining at the Circuit de Catalunya.

Upon being presented with the keys to his new car, a clearly delighted Edwards commented on the weather, describing it as “awful”, and believes that this is the start of great things for the season.

“I think this is the kickstart I need for the season. It’s my first time riding the same bike in two consecutive seasons, we’ve been going well and hope to have a good year” said the Yamaha rider, who is still to earn a pole position in MotoGP.

Kenny Roberts Jr came out all guns blazing in his quest for the BMW Z4 M Roadster, but after lapping at 2’00.225 he also took a slide down the Montmeló asphalt.

Repsol Honda riders Dani Pedrosa and Nicky Hayden took to the track late, with the American making a late surge for the prize with a 1´58.921 lap.

The surprise of the weekend, Carlos Checa was the only other rider to fall during the session, without the chance to challenge for the prize, leaving Edwards as the owner of a brand new car for his collection.

NINA_BCN
03-05-2006, 01:42 PM
The Official MotoGP Test results. ;)

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/406/406687.jpg

Suzi
03-05-2006, 03:29 PM

Sete :retard:

alexito
03-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Repsol Honda unveil RC211V in Catalunya

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/4817/pedrosa838073av.jpg

Repsol Honda yesterday held a spectacular presentation at the MotoGP Official Test, where they presented the team that have been in attendance in Catalunya, and who are hoping to regain the world title in 2006.

The new RC211V, unveiled by a group of magicians at the presentation, has been the subject of numerous new additions, both in terms of parts and riders. Amongst the numerous technical improvements, the main novelty for the team is Spanish rider Dani Pedrosa.

Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta gave the riders a brief introduction, the conducted an on-stage interview with Pedrosa and teammate Nicky Hayden, taking questions from the floor. The two expressed their comfort and satisfaction with the development of the new bike.

Nicky Hayden took the time to talk about the test and the team's development. "It's always fun being back in Europe for these tests. More than preseason testing it's rather like a first Grand Prix, because you can see whereabouts you are. Not exactly, because you never know it exactly, but the championship is getting closer and you have to get through details and solve problems. We have a new bike and with no doubt we have to thank the mechanics for their job and the whole team, because everybody is really working hard on this. We try to give our best." said the American rider.

NINA_BCN
03-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Nicky looks :retard: in that pic. :lol:

Suzi
03-05-2006, 04:40 PM
omg is that wee dani pedrosa behind him :lol:

they both look soooooooooo interested :rolleyes: :p

NINA_BCN
03-05-2006, 05:29 PM
omg is that wee dani pedrosa behind him :lol:

they both look soooooooooo interested :rolleyes: :p

Suzi
03-05-2006, 07:42 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

enough of moto gp

go luthi in 125cc :p omg better check he aint moved up a class actually *goes off and checks*

Suzi
03-05-2006, 07:46 PM
i was correct and i forgot about......

http://pages.videotron.com/cafesol/images/latte.jpg

NINA_BCN
03-05-2006, 07:55 PM
:spit: :haha:

Suzi
03-05-2006, 08:33 PM
omg i will laugh harder if thats the colour of the slacks and bike :p

NINA_BCN
03-05-2006, 08:35 PM
We won't be that lucky. :lol: There's a pic of Luthi here already. It's in one of the previous pages. ;)

*Edit* Page 57. :p

Suzi
03-05-2006, 08:38 PM
*goes off rummaging the pages*

Suzi
03-05-2006, 08:39 PM
tell me the pg number now why dont u god!!
found it anyways, gosh ewwwww i prob like it more if it was coffee colour lol

NINA_BCN
03-05-2006, 08:40 PM
tell me the pg number now why dont u god!!
found it anyways, gosh ewwwww i prob like it more if it was coffee colour lol

Suzi
03-05-2006, 08:51 PM
:p c'mon only a few more till chattty watty

NINA_BCN
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
MotoGP heads to Jerez for Official Test
News, 06/03/06

The MotoGP preseason tour continues to roll on this week, heading to Jerez for the second Official Test. Starting today and continuing until Sunday, it will be the final chance for the teams to fine-tune their machines ahead of the 2006 season.

The 125cc category will take to the track first, the scene of the season-opening Grand Prix. A notable absentee will be the reigning World Champion Thomas Lüthi, who has been forced out of the Test by a fractured collarbone suffered last week in Catalunya.

250cc teams will be in attendance from Wednesday, with the Aprilia riders having shown themselves to be in fine form in last week’s Official Test.

For the second consecutive weekend, the MotoGP premier class will be testing in Spain from Friday. Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki take excellent results from Catalunya to the Andalusian circuit, whilst the Honda teams will be looking to put the RCV211V in top condition after a discreet first Official Test.

Australian Casey Stoner remains unavailable for testing, having undergone a shoulder operation. The LCR Honda rider hopes to be back in time for the season’s curtain-raiser on March 26th. :o

Suzi
03-06-2006, 06:14 PM
On mothers day hmmm interesting :p

NINA_BCN
03-06-2006, 06:17 PM
:aplot:

Suzi
03-06-2006, 06:37 PM
nah it means i need to get a card haha, cant watch 125 though damn them just buy a latte i suppose heh but motogp deffo ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooo im at work crap!

alexito
03-06-2006, 10:09 PM
por fin empezo el año de las carreras, por lo menos aca en argentina empezo, este domingo la F1, y el domingo 26, las motos y la IRL!!!!!!!!!, asi que no estare para nadie ese domingo, :devil:

NINA_BCN
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Brivio: “Let’s see the races!”
News, 07/03/06

With Yamaha the standout constructor at last week’s MotoGP Official Test in Catalunya, factory team director Davide Brivio has much to be pleased about. Speaking in an exclusive interview with motogp.com before the BMW M Award timed session on Sunday- an event which brought him more joy as a result of Colin Edwards’ win- the Italian talked about the Official Test, preseason as a whole and the development of the M1.

“It’s just testing, we know that, but we were able to do what we needed. This Test, and also those in Sepang and Qatar, are a good sign….let’s see the races!” said the Italian in the interview.

Asked whether he expected the Yamaha’s to be so far ahead of the pack this early, Brivio compared the M1’s evolution with other bikes.

“We knew that the 2006 bike was an improvement on the 2005 model, which was a new project. We expected it to be a better bike, but maybe also that our rivals would be better prepared.”

The biggest surprise of the Official Test, according to voting thus far in the motogp.com survey, was Carlos Checa’s outstanding performance on the M1. Happy for the experienced Spaniard, Brivio paid tribute to the combination of both rider and bike.

“We were very happy and pleased to hear Carlos’ comments about the M1. In the past month he has tested nearly all the available bikes in the paddock! To receive such positive compliments from a rider like Carlos Checa means our engineers obviously did a good job.”

The Camel Yamaha Team Director will have another chance to assess the progress of riders Rossi and Edwards onboard the 2006 Yamaha from this Friday, when the MotoGP teams take part in the Official Test in Jerez.

alexito
03-08-2006, 12:09 PM
en la web de motogp ya empezo la cuenta regresiva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15 dias 21 hs...................
por fin.

NINA_BCN
03-08-2006, 01:49 PM
:banana: :banana: Ya era hora. ;)

NINA_BCN
03-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Kawasaki suffer accident en route to Jerez :rolleyes:
News, 08/03/06

Kawasaki Racing have suffered an unfortunate setback whilst travelling from Barcelona, scene of last week’s MotoGP Official Test, to the Circuito de Jerez for the final preseason gathering.

One of the Japanese team’s lorries suffered an accident near Valencia this morning, caused by ferocious winds on the Spanish roads. Thankfully the only physical damage was a foot injury to the driver of the vehicle. The team’s preparations have been delayed by the incident, and it may have a knock-on effect on their preseason-closing Test.

“The lorry carries a lot of parts, and also our bikes. We’re doing everything possible in order to arrive at Jerez on time. We are confident that we can begin testing this Friday, but there is still the possibility that it could be a Saturday start” explained Team Manager Harald Eckl.

Barring any further setbacks, Eckl still has high hopes for the tests, which are the final opportunity for the Kawasaki team to fine-tune their 2006 prototype.

“After the tests in Sepang and Phillip Island -and with Bridgestone’s support- Kawasaki Racing have done a great job improving the bike, as was shown in the results from Catalunya. We are under the impression that we will be able to have a good test this weekend as well.”

“Kawasaki is a young team in MotoGP terms, but we carry on improving little-by little, and our good work is starting to be reflected in the results.”

NINA_BCN
03-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Jorge Lorenzo continues preseason form on Jerez day 2 ;)
Report, 09/03/06

Jorge Lorenzo will be very confident heading into the 2006 season, having today finished the final 250cc Test as the fastest rider. With a time of 1’42.873, Lorenzo was only five tenths off Dani Pedrosa’s pole-winning lap for last year’s race. The Majorcan rider has also established himself as a strong challenger for his countryman’s vacant crown.

“I’m really happy, as these two days have been the best tests of my career, but most importantly we are in good form and prepared. What we have achieved here gives us a lot of confidence, and I think that in the race here we can do something great,” said a delighted Lorenzo.

Second placed rider Alex de Angelis was unable to break the 1’43 barrier, and was followed by Héctor Barberá in the standings. Yuki Takahashi was something of an exception for Honda, as he earned a fourth place in the midst of a battalion of Aprilia bikes.

Alex Debón’s bad luck continued after a crash at the Circuito de Jerez. The Spaniard, coming back from a finger injury suffered in Estoril, had to be taken to hospital after suffering damage to his back and a small fracture. It is not thought to have an effect on his taking part in the first race of the season on March 26th.

Manuel Poggiali, Alessio Palumbo, Martín Cardenas and Jordi Carchano all joined Debón on the list of crashers, although without serious consequences.

Today’s cold weather and cloudy skies meant that the majority of the teams only started riding in the early afternoon. It is hoped that conditions improve tomorrow, when the MotoGP teams take part in the first of three days of testing at the Andalusian track.

Jerez Test-250cc

Times: Final day

1. Jorge Lorenzo - Fortuna Aprilia 1'42.873
2. Alex de Angelis - Master MVA Aspar 1'43.326
3. Héctor Barberá - Fortuna Aprilia 1'43.541
4. Yuki Takahashi - Humangest Racing 1'44.210
5. Jakub Smrz - Cardion AB 1'44.241
6. Marco Simoncelli - Metis Gilera 1'44.751
7. Roberto Locatelli - Team Toth 1'44.817
8. Anthony West - Kiefer BOS Racing 1'44.845
9. Hiroshi Aoyama - Red Bull KTM 1'44.869
10. Taro Sekiguchi - Ticino Hosting Campetella 1'44.893

Suzi
03-09-2006, 09:20 PM
hes still a bit of a nutter??

Suzi
03-09-2006, 10:33 PM

hmmm Señor Guapo is now Señor Wacko

http://www.parecidosrazonables.com/parecidos_razonables_sete_gibernau_teresa_rivero.j pg

Suzi
03-09-2006, 10:39 PM
:spit:

http://www.parecidosrazonables.com/parecidos_razonables_valentino_rossi_krusty.jpg

NINA_BCN
03-10-2006, 03:28 PM
:spit: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Suzi
03-10-2006, 03:45 PM
lol the site is hillarious

omg two :inlove:
http://www.parecidosrazonables.com/parecidos_razonables_sete_owen.jpg

here are some non motogp ones

http://www.parecidosrazonables.com/parecidos_razonables_rafael_nadal_mowgli.jpg

:spit: http://www.parecidosrazonables.com/parecidos_razonables_fernando_alonso_alfred_molina .jpg

http://www.parecidosrazonables.com/parecidos_razonables_thierry_henry_yo_robot.jpg

NINA_BCN
03-10-2006, 07:47 PM

alexito
03-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Official Entry List: MotoGP riders 2006

FIM have made public the official list of riders who will take part in the 2006 World Championship. The following riders will compete in MotoGP:

5. Colin Edwards (USA) Camel Yamaha Team, Yamaha
6. Makoto Tamada (JPN) Konica Minolta Honda, Honda
7. Carlos Checa (SPA) Tech3 Yamaha, Yamaha
10. Kenny Roberts (USA) Team Roberts, KR211V
15. Sete Gibernau (SPA) Ducati Marlboro Team, Ducati
17. Randy de Puniet (FRA) Kawasaki Racing Team, Kawasaki
21. John Hopkins (USA) Team Rizla Suzuki MotoGP, Suzuki
24. Toni Elias (SPA) Fortuna Honda, Honda
26. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda Team, Honda
27. Casey Stoner (AUS) Honda LCR, Honda
30. Jose Luis Cardoso (SPA) Pramac D'Antin MotoGP, Ducati
33. Marco Melandri (ITA) Fortuna Honda, Honda
46. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Camel Yamaha Team, Yamaha
56. Shinya Nakano (JPN) Kawasaki Racing Team, Kawasaki
65. Loris Capirossi (ITA) Ducati Marlboro Team, Ducati
66. Alex Hofmann (GER) Pramac D'Antin MotoGP, Ducati
69. Nicky Hayden (USA) Repsol Honda Team, Honda
71. Chris Vermeulen (AUS) Team Rizla Suzuki MotoGP, Suzuki
77. James Ellison (GBR) Tech3 Yamaha, Yamaha

NINA_BCN
03-11-2006, 03:55 PM
¡¡Gracias!! :kiss:

Suzi
03-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Danke!!! :yeah:

NINA_BCN
03-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Nakano fastest at MotoGP penultimate preseason practice :D
News, 11/03/06

With a large amount of spectators in both grandstand and paddock, the penultimate fine-tuning opportunity for the MotoGP teams and riders took place in Jerez today.

After a strong performance in yesterday’s first session at the Andalusian track, Shinya Nakano put in the fastest lap of the day. Going round in 1’40.047, the Japanese rider was over half a second faster than the Jerez circuit record. With talk of Kawasaki being adversely affected by the crashing of one of their trucks en route to the Test, both Nakano and fourth placed Randy de Puniet put in impressive showings.

With Ducati dominating proceedings yesterday, and again at midday, Loris Capirossi continued the team’s positive preseason with the second fastest time of the day. Team-mate Sete Gibernau, heading the leaderboard as of 1pm local time, finished the day in eighth.

John Hopkins, one of the standout riders from the MotoGP Official Test in Catalunya last weekend, once again showed that he has adapted well to the new GSR-V. He will be hoping that his current good form continues into the first race and beyond, as he looks to earn victories for his Suzuki factory team.

Honda riders were slightly off the lead pace for the second day running in Jerez. Dani Pedrosa was the only rider to place in the top ten for the Japanese factory, with his preferred dry weather conditions helping him to put in a large number of laps on the RC211V.

After a largely inconspicuous ride yesterday, charismatic World Champion Valentino Rossi was the fastest Yamaha of the day, finishing in sixth only a few milliseconds ahead of Carlos Checa.

Rossi’s team-mate Colin Edwards was over a second off Nakano’s hot lap in ninth, whilst the other Suzuki representative Chris Vermeulen rode times close to the Texan M Award winner to round off the top ten.

With the sun shining and temperatures at around 20 degrees, the weather was nearly identical to yesterday’s fine conditions. It was only an occasional fresh wind that stopped the day being ideal for testing.

Tomorrow sees the final day of both the Jerez Test and the entire preseason, and both teams and riders will be looking for optimal results in order to head to March 26th’s curtain-raising Grand Prix at the Jerez circuit with morale at a peak.

More information on tomorrow’s final day can be found at motogp.com.

MotoGP Jerez Test

1. Shinya Nakano - Kawasaki Racing 1'40.047
2. Loris Capirossi - Ducati Marlboro 1'40.544
3. John Hopkins – Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1'40.791
4. Randy de Puniet - Kawasaki Racing 1'40.839
5. Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda 1'40.859
6. Valentino Rossi - Camel Yamaha 1'40.915
7. Carlos Checa - Tech 3 Yamaha 1'40.943
8. Sete Gibernau - Ducati Marlboro 1'40.964
9. Colin Edwards - Camel Yamaha 1'41.105
10. Chris Vermeulen – Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1'41.110

Suzi
03-11-2006, 08:19 PM
at least it wasnt krustys name on top :p

Nikki♥
03-11-2006, 08:31 PM
:spit:

http://www.parecidosrazonables.com/parecidos_razonables_valentino_rossi_krusty.jpg

:bowdown:
Priceless.

NINA_BCN
03-11-2006, 08:42 PM
at least it wasnt krustys name on top :p

Btw, poor Kimi!!!!! :sobbing:

Suzi
03-11-2006, 08:44 PM
I know wot a bum and schumi top ever more of a bum alsons 4th so thats cool but when Jerez comes and i see krustry on pole i will scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

NINA_BCN
03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I know wot a bum and schumi top ever more of a bum alsons 4th so thats cool but when Jerez comes and i see krustry on pole i will scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
:p Krusty will be the world champion again. :p

Suzi
03-11-2006, 08:50 PM
:ras: over my dead body haha

NINA_BCN
03-11-2006, 08:51 PM
:ras: over my dead body haha
Be careful with your words. :p

Suzi
03-11-2006, 08:53 PM
:nerner: guapo will win in :haha: yes pinch me now

NINA_BCN
03-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Whaaaat? Guapo with the world title?? What did you smoke? :eek:

Suzi
03-11-2006, 08:57 PM
thats why i said pinch me - in my dreams, he better get his head sorted or else i will hunt hime down and kick his ass!! like i will with Iguana and Gaskit

NINA_BCN
03-11-2006, 09:53 PM
thats why i said pinch me - in my dreams, he better get his head sorted or else i will hunt hime down and kick his ass!! like i will with Iguana and Gaskit
:hug: :hug: :hug:

NINA_BCN
03-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Rossi put on Ferrari back-burner
Sun 12 Mar, 9:12 AM

'Will-he-or-won't-he' MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi is not scheduled to conduct a heavy load of Ferrari testing in the season.

With the newly-penned in-season limit of 36 days, with runs at Fiorano counting as a half-day, Ferrari is expected to prioritise development of the 248 F1 car.

“He's got his racing programme and we've got ours,” said technical director Ross Brawn in Bahrain, “so it wasn't going to be easy to spend much time together. (But) I think if it was critical we could accommodate it.”

NINA_BCN
03-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Capirossi confirms candidature at final preseason Test :aplot:
Report, 12/03/06

On a day in which preseason testing drew to a close, a crowd of over 5,000 spectators saw veteran Loris Capirossi demonstrate why he is a serious title contender for 2006.

The Ducati rider today earned the fastest lap of the three day Jerez Test, a 1’39.411 which knocked eight milliseconds off Valentino Rossi’s 2005 pole position.

“The truth is that a lot of things have changed since we tested in November. We have improved in many areas and now we have a bike which is very competitive here, we can go round fast and are in a good rhythm. We are hoping that things go well for us at the Grand Prix in less than two weeks,” explained Capirossi.

The Italian was fastest on Friday’s session at the Andalusian circuit, along with team-mate Sete Gibernau, a feat which was mirrored in today’s final outing. Gibernau was the only other rider to break the 1’40 barrier, and the Ducati one-two is a positive sign for both the team and Bridgestone.

After topping the timesheets yesterday, Shinya Nakano was once again in fine form onboard the Kawasaki Ninja. Third today, he was joined in the top ten by fellow Kawasaki rider and MotoGP rookie Randy de Puniet in the top five.

Another rookie to place highly was Spaniard Dani Pedrosa. The reigning 250cc champion put in a fourth placed lap a second off that of Capirossi, but will be pleased at the amount of kilometres he has been able to ride on the RC211V this weekend. Team-mate Nicky Hayden was the next highest Honda rider in sixth, ahead of countryman Colin Edwards.

Edwards’ Yamaha was part of a group of three bikes to go round within a tenth of each other. Immediately behind the Texan was Toni Elias, at his home circuit on the final Honda to place in the top ten, who in turn was pursued by Suzuki’s Chris Vermeulen.

Completing the top half of the table was reigning World Champion Valentino Rossi. The charismatic Italian propped up the top ten on a day where many teams were focusing their energies on tyre testing. It will only be with the first free practices and race of the season, which will take place at the Circuito de Jerez in two weeks’ time, that the true potential of the title contenders will become apparent. However today’s final day of testing, under dry sunny conditions with a temperature of around 25 degrees, has served as a tasty appetiser ahead of March 26th’s main course.

Jerez Test – MotoGP
Times: Day 3

1. Loris Capirossi - Ducati Marlboro 1'39.411
2. Sete Gibernau - Ducati Marlboro 1'39.663
3. Shinya Nakano - Kawasaki Racing 1'40.354
4. Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda 1'40.416
5. Randy de Puniet - Kawasaki Racing 1'40.468
6. Nicky Hayden - Repsol Honda 1'40.570
7. Colin Edwards - Camel Yamaha 1'40.721
8. Toni Elías - Fortuna Honda 1'40.732
9. Chris Vermeulen - Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1'40.750
10. Valentino Rossi - Camel Yamaha 1'40.907

NINA_BCN
03-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Hayden and Pedrosa draw positives from Test ;)
News, 13/03/06

Despite the impressive improvement of Kawasaki and Suzuki demoting the team down the standings at the Official Tests, Honda were still fast yesterday, with Dani Pedrosa going top-five in Jerez.

After Saturday's race simulation, the young Spaniard decided to repeat the experience at the final session, covering 21 of the 27 laps which will make up the Grand Prix at the Andalusian circuit.

In two weeks, Pedrosa will have the first chance to put everything he has learned during the preseason to the test at the first Grand Prix of the year. Speaking after earning the fourth fastest time of the day, the current 250cc World Champion gave his verdict on yesterday’s session, the final opportunity for fine-tuning.

"Today we basically tested suspension things, because we had already achieved a good lap time yesterday, so we focussed on improving in certain parts of the circuit. I only tested the start twice and the truth is that I would have liked to try it some more times. I think that the balance of our preseason is good, because we have been constantly progressing and improving.

The most positive aspect is that we've been able to do many laps and that's always good because it allows you to get to know the bike better before the first race. This bike isn't as easy as the 250cc in any aspect."

Team mate Nicky Hayden, sixth fastest at the Sunday test, put in 101 laps on the RC211V. Assigned the task of testing the bike whilst Pedrosa focussed on adapting to the MotoGP class, the American rider gave his verdict on the development of his 2006 bike.

"Well, the tests are over and now comes the true test, reality. Next time we will be in a race. I would like to say that everything went well and that everything is working perfectly, but we're still having problems with the bike. We made some progress today and towards the end we tested on soft tyres to see how they work, and there is no doubt that it helped me to improve times. But this hasn't been a race and we know that we cannot keep the pace. However, I'm very excited and looking forward to start racing. This is fun, but real competition is when we all get on the grid and ride side by side."

NINA_BCN
03-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Kawasaki: "We are ready to go!" :yeah:
News, 13/03/06

Shinya Nakano again proved the competitiveness of Kawasaki's all-new Ninja ZX-RR, finishing with the third fastest time overall as the final day of the Jerez Test saw a dramatic increase in pace by the frontrunners.

Nakano was closely followed by his Kawasaki teammate, Randy de Puniet, who waited until the closing stages before putting in a flying lap that saw him jump up the timesheet to finish an impressive fifth fastest.

With tyre choice at Jerez critical, Nakano again started his test schedule working together with the Bridgestone technicians to confirm his choice of potential race tyres for the opening round of the season. The 28-year-old Japanese rider also evaluated some small changes to the fuel injection system on his Ninja ZX-RR, before trying two different qualifying tyres in the last 30 minutes of the test.

On his second run on a qualifier, and with just five minutes of the test remaining, Nakano shaved over half-a-second off the lap record, to finish this final test with the third fastest time overall. Speaking after his final outing of the preseason, he outlined some of the changes undertaken during the last opportunity for fine-tuning.

"Yesterday I felt like we still needed to take another step forward, so today we spent a lot of time looking for the last small improvements from the suspension, the fuel injection system and also from the tyres. I'm happy to say we found it, but then everyone else improved towards the end of the test, so we now need to make another small step during practice and qualifying for the opening race here. We know that some of the guys who didn't have such a good test here will be quick to improve once the season starts, so we can't afford to rest on our laurels,” said Friday’s fastest rider, before setting out his goals for the upcoming season.

“After such a successful test schedule over the past months, we will arrive at the first race with higher expectations than we have had in the past, and I'm confident that, in the 2006 Ninja ZX-RR, we have a package that will enable me to improve upon my fifth place in this race last year."

De Puniet used the morning session to evaluate different suspension options on his Ninja ZX-RR, but switched back to his previous set-up after struggling to match his pace from yesterday.

The 25-year-old Frenchman lapped consistently throughout the afternoon, bettering his previous best time on race tyres at the end of his final ten-lap run.

During the course of the winter the Kawasaki Racing Team have travelled three times to the Sepang circuit in Malaysia, and once to Phillip Island in Australia, to test with regular Grand Prix riders Nakano and de Puniet.

Almost simultaneously development tests have been ongoing in Japan, with former 250GP rider Naoki Matsudo shouldering the testing duties. European Test and Development rider, Olivier Jacque has also completed two test sessions at the Doha circuit in Qatar since the MotoGP testing ban ended in January.

Team Manager Harald Eckl summed up Kawasaki’s positive outlook for the season after the Test at the Andalusian circuit.

"What can I say, other than that we are ready to go! Both the team and the riders are in excellent shape for the start of the 2006 season. We've done our homework, confirmed everything during a successful winter test schedule, and now we're ready to start racing. I'm looking forward to travelling back to Jerez for the first race, and I'm confident that the team will acquit themselves well."

NINA_BCN
03-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Rossi: Now I'm worried. :aplot:
Sun 12 Mar, 8:48 PM

MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi says he's a worried man after finishing the final pre-season test in a lowly tenth position - and is crossing his fingers that Yamaha can cure their crippling chatter problems before the first race.

After having comfortably led the testing timesheets just one week earlier at Barcelona, Rossi - along with team-mate Colin Edwards - suddenly dropped down the timesheets at Jerez after vibration problems returned with a vengeance.

The root of the problem proved hard to pinpoint: Rossi initially felt that Michelin's latest tyres were the main cause of the chatter - and was confident of finding a cure at Jerez, saying that he would only worry if the chatter was still present on the eve of the season-opening Spanish Grand Prix (to held at the same circuit, on March 26).

However, as he left Jerez on Sunday, Rossi claimed to be "quite worried" after the combined efforts of the French tyre manufacturer and Yamaha failed to solve the vibration issue during three days at the racetrack.

Camel Yamaha completed the test with Edwards in seventh - 1.3secs from fastest man Loris Capirossi - and Rossi tenth, almost 1.5secs from the top.

"Yesterday I was confident that we could find some big improvements today but honestly that hasn't happened and now I am quite worried," revealed Rossi after day three. "The vibration has remained and at the moment we don't know how to solve it.

"Yamaha and Michelin have done a lot of good work today and we've tried many different tyres and settings, but we are still slow. This is the last test and throughout the whole pre-season period we've always been fast and the bike has felt good, but this test has been completely different.

"At the moment I am not sure what will happen in the race, we'll have to wait and see. I hope that Jeremy (Burgess - crew chief), together with the Japanese engineers and the Michelin technicians, can use all the data they have now to understand the problem and see how to solve it," concluded the seven times world champion.

Team-mate Edwards confirmed the seriousness of the problem - saying that it meant they are without a "winning pace" for the first grand prix - but, like Rossi, is pinning his hopes on a solution away from the racetrack.

"It would be nice if I could say that we've solved all our problems today, but sadly it's just not the case and we're still struggling a bit," began the Texan. "I think we've really gone in circles a bit here. We've changed a lot of things and we haven't really concentrated on a race simulation or the endurance of the tyre, we've just been trying to find ways to dial out the problems we have.

"To be honest our pace isn't bad but it's certainly not a winning pace, which is frustrating when we saw in Barcelona last weekend how great our package is when it's all working! Yamaha and Michelin have more than enough information after three days and I am confident that they will come back with something to solve our problems. Anyway, that's it for testing! I'm heading home for ten days to chill out a little bit and let's hope that the new stuff we have when we come back for the race will help us out so we can challenge for a win," Colin concluded.

"After this test we don't know how the race will go, but it's been very important to have this chance to test before it," stated team director Davide Brivio. "As the riders say, we've tried many different things and collected a lot of information. Now our engineers will have ten days to work on this and come up with some new ideas and solutions.

"This is the end of winter testing and we've seen that our bike can work very well at different tracks. We need to understand why this hasn't been the case here, but we're convinced we can find a way forward and we know that we still have a very good package," he added.

Free practice for the season-opening Spanish Grand Prix will take place at Jerez on Friday March 24.

Suzi
03-14-2006, 01:26 PM
hes human afterall then :p

alexito
03-14-2006, 01:31 PM
lo siento, a valentino no le creo nada
el año pasado se la pasa dando teatro en todas las clasificaciones, despues en carrera era un avion.
y ya vimos en los test como gana y facil

NINA_BCN
03-14-2006, 09:14 PM
jejejeje Yo tampoco. :p

NINA_BCN
03-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Rossi dares Alonso to back-up boast :haha: :haha:
Thu 16 Mar, 9:00 AM

MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi has dared his F1 counterpart, Fernando Alonso, to prove he is quicker.

Last month, Renault's Spaniard warned that switching to four wheels would be 'very difficult' for possible Ferrari racer of the future Rossi, but added that - 'given time to practice' - he himself could ride to a MotoGP podium.

Obviously rankled by the comments, Rossi - the 27-year-old Italian - proposed in Motorcycle News that the pair embark on an ultimate motor sport head-to-head to settle the score once and for all.

“I think we should drive a Formula One car, a World Rally Car and a MotoGP bike,” Rossi said, “add the times together and then we'll see who is faster.”

Bravo Vale!!! :worship: :haha: :haha: :p

:rolleyes: Both are :cuckoo:

Mashik
03-16-2006, 12:06 PM
:haha:Oh, Valentino, what a great idea! :yeah:
Of course, you're faster :p :lol:
But it would be interesting to see :rolleyes:

Suzi
03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
:rolleyes: Both are :cuckoo:

How dare u talk about Lonzie like that tut tut :p

well Krusty is a bit :cuckoo: :haha:

but i wud lurve to see another guapinette in motogp haha love to see him try

NINA_BCN
03-16-2006, 05:49 PM
How dare u talk about Lonzie like that tut tut :p

well Krusty is a bit :cuckoo: :haha:

but i wud lurve to see another guapinette in motogp haha love to see him try
If that article is true that menas that Alonso is as :cuckoo: as Rossi. :rolleyes:

There's another guapo in MotoGP: Jose Luis Cardoso. ;)

Suzi
03-16-2006, 05:53 PM
omg he looks like one of my mates :p

Suzi
03-16-2006, 05:54 PM
but obv not that old

NINA_BCN
03-16-2006, 05:56 PM
but obv not that old

Suzi
03-16-2006, 05:57 PM
omg have u seen krustys hair in the motogp.com riders thing hehe its as bad as iggys and omg Guopo :inlove: and also Randy in motogp god im so behind the times

but non motogp related but still bikes....i think James Toseland :inlove: and he lives like near moi ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NINA_BCN
03-16-2006, 05:59 PM
omg have u seen krustys hair in the motogp.com riders thing hehe its as bad as iggys and omg Guopo :inlove: and also Randy in motogp god im so behind the times

but non motogp related but still bikes....i think James Toseland :inlove: and he lives like near moi ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:ras: Lucky you!!! :ras:

Suzi
03-16-2006, 06:01 PM
ha obv i dont know exactly where haha :lol: i dont stalk him unlike u and krusty :nerner:

NINA_BCN
03-16-2006, 06:05 PM
ha obv i dont know exactly where haha :lol: i dont stalk him unlike u and krusty :nerner:
Hey, young lady!!! Who do you think I am???? :p

Suzi
03-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Sideshow Bob :haha:

NINA_BCN
03-16-2006, 06:09 PM
I have long straight hair. :ras:

Suzi
03-16-2006, 06:19 PM

im off to bed for a bit :p :zzz:

NINA_BCN
03-16-2006, 06:21 PM
:bigwave:

alexito
03-17-2006, 10:21 AM
la web de motogp tiene nuevo formato
se ve linda
espero que el viernes se vea bien la clasificacion de las motos y el domingo la carrera.
yo miro todas las clasificaciones y carrera por motogp.com

NINA_BCN
03-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Si, está muy bien. ;) Lo que no me gusta tanto es que haya material audiovisual que se deba pagar. :ras: Me encantaría poder volver a ver una carrera de Raney. :sad:

*edit* ¡¡¡Rainey!!! ¿En que estaba yo pensando? :rolleyes:

NINA_BCN
03-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Ducati raring to go, wary of rivals.
Fri 17 Mar, 11:19 AM

After topping the final pre-season test at Jerez, Ducati Marlboro riders Loris Capirossi and Sete Gibernau are eagerly anticipating the start of the 2006 MotoGP season - at the same venue, on March 26.

Capirossi has been with the Italian team since its 2003 debut MotoGP season, and won all three of the team's races since then. However, an inconsistent technical package has left Capirossi with a best championship finish of fourth (2003).

As proven last year, when the Desmosedici/Bridgestone package is working well the #65 knows he can win, but its what can be achieved on the bad days that will determine if Capirossi and Gibernau will be 2006 title contenders.

Either way, a good start to the season would be a massive boast and Capirossi admits that, unlike last year's season-opening Spanish Grand Prix - when he limped home in 13th during Ducati's first race with Bridgestone - his bike now "feels perfect for Jerez".

"I think we are well prepared for the first race," confirmed Capirossi. "The team and Bridgestone are really strong at the moment, my bike feels perfect for Jerez after the set-up modifications we made during the final tests. It's not always easy to find perfect settings but the bike is great now, and hopefully what we learned during the last tests will help us at other tracks. We have worked very hard this winter. The bike is better than before, the engine is more rider-friendly and the tyres have also improved a lot. Bridgestone have done very good work over the winter, so my thanks to them.

"Jerez is a good track, it's nice to ride and very technical. To got quick at Jerez you need a well-balanced bike and a good front end because you need confidence to attack all the fast corners," added the double 2005 race winner.

New team-mate Gibernau, who has switched from Honda and Michelin to Ducati and Bridgestone during the winter, endured a nightmare 2005 Spanish Grand Prix - when he lost the race after that last corner clash with Valentino Rossi.

Despite being the quickest qualifier throughout 2005, Gibernau never quite seemed to recover from the Jerez 'incident' - but comes into 2006 boosted by strong pre-season testing performances and the knowledge that Bridgestone seem capable of challenging at a variety of circuits.

"Thanks to the great work from the team and Bridgestone I can't wait for the season to start," said Gibernau. "It's not easy having the first race at home but I don't think I can ever remember an easy race in this championship. It's going to be a tough year but we are strong mentally and everyone's going to need that strength to keep going through the 17 races. I'm ready to fight and to give my all, and if we get the results, the payback will be amazing!

"Maintaining momentum is what really matters at Jerez - it's the kind of track where the more you fight the bike, the slower you go. You need good front-end contact but that's not easy because the gearbox is pretty short, so the bike is always trying to wheelie," he revealed.

Ducati MotoGP project leader Livio Suppo is also confident of a strong start to the season at Jerez - but warned that the team's rivals could well close the gap by the time the race starts.

"Our final Jerez tests went well, but maybe we had an advantage because we already tested there last November, so we are reasonably happy but we also know that our rivals will get stronger," he said. "We just need to keep working and maintain our motivation.

"Loris and Sete have both worked hard all winter and done a great job giving feedback to the Ducati engineers and Bridgestone technicians, which has helped us to build a better machine. The rider can make a huge difference in this sport, so our thanks to them. Over the last two seasons we struggled at the first few races, so I hope that this year we've got a competitive package from the start," he concluded.

The first two free practice sessions for the Spanish Grand Prix will take place on Friday March 24. :banana:

Suzi
03-19-2006, 09:25 PM
:eek: never knew JHop was 1/2 brit cor blimey he doesnt look bad here ;)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Suzi87/pooey.jpg

alexito
03-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Si, está muy bien. ;) Lo que no me gusta tanto es que haya material audiovisual que se deba pagar. :ras: Me encantaría poder volver a ver una carrera de Raney. :sad:

*edit* ¡¡¡Rainey!!! ¿En que estaba yo pensando? :rolleyes:

en mi caso es peor, quiero pagar y la web en la parte de suscripcion, me falla como el año pasado, y asi no podre ver las clasificaciones ni carreras. :sad:

NINA_BCN
03-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Brawn hits back at Rossi jibe :aplot:
Mon 20 Mar, 2:58 PM

On behalf of Valentino Rossi, the MotoGP sensation's potential F1 boss of the future - Ross Brawn - has returned fire at Fernando Alonso.

Spaniard Alonso, the four-wheeled World Champion, said recently that 27-year-old Rossi would 'never' become one of F1's top-5 pilots.

''I don't know how he knows that,'' Ferrari technical director Brawn said at Sepang, ''because even I cannot precisely judge Valentino yet.'But what you can say about him is that, with so little experience of Formula One cars, it is clear that he possesses an enormous amount of talent.''

Ross Brawn also reiterated that no decision has yet been taken about whether Rossi will some day soon race a red car in F1. He explained: ''Some time in the middle of the year, he will decide what he wants to do. After that, we (Ferrari) need to make our decision.''

NINA_BCN
03-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Edwards 'stands by' win claim.
Mon 20 Mar, 12:06 PM

Colin Edwards starts his second season with Yamaha this weekend at Jerez, hoping that continuity will help finally break his MotoGP win drought.

2006 will be the Texan's fourth season in the premier-class - after making his 2003 debut with Aprilia, then switching to Gresini Honda and then joining the factory Yamaha team - during which time the double World Superbike champion has taken three second place finishes and a further two podiums, with a high of fourth in the championship standings (last season).

But continuity, combined with lengthy pre-season tests - during which he has refined his riding style - have given the American a crucial platform for the new campaign - as proven by his form at the first official MotoGP test in Barcelona two weeks ago, when Edwards set the fastest time in the 'qualifying' session and drove away with a brand new BMW for his efforts.

"It's been a pretty intense few months testing and I am really happy that we've finally made it to the first race - this is where the fun starts!" smiled Edwards. "The great result at the Barcelona Test was a massive confidence boost to me and a validation of all the hard work that everyone's put in, but we have to use it as a trampoline to bigger and better things."

However, just one week later and Edwards - like world champion team-mate Valentino Rossi - was brought down to earth with a thud, as chatter problems left the factory M1 riders just seventh and tenth on the second official test timesheets at Jerez - venue for this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix season opener.

"As everyone knows, we had a bit of a setback at the Jerez test but I've said from the first time I rode the new M1 that it's a great bike and pretty much better in every way to the old one, so I have confidence that we will be okay come the race," claimed Colin.

"As for the season in general, I have said that I am ready to win races and I stand by that," declared the popular #5. "Of course, I've got to beat my team-mate and that's the hardest part! This is the first time in MotoGP that I've begun the season on the same bike and with the same team so I'm way ahead of where I have been every other year. I'm really looking forward to the new season!"

Suzi
03-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Brawn hits back at Rossi jibe :aplot:
Mon 20 Mar, 2:58 PM

On behalf of Valentino Rossi, the MotoGP sensation's potential F1 boss of the future - Ross Brawn - has returned fire at Fernando Alonso.

Spaniard Alonso, the four-wheeled World Champion, said recently that 27-year-old Rossi would 'never' become one of F1's top-5 pilots.

''I don't know how he knows that,'' Ferrari technical director Brawn said at Sepang, ''because even I cannot precisely judge Valentino yet.'But what you can say about him is that, with so little experience of Formula One cars, it is clear that he possesses an enormous amount of talent.''

Ross Brawn also reiterated that no decision has yet been taken about whether Rossi will some day soon race a red car in F1. He explained: ''Some time in the middle of the year, he will decide what he wants to do. After that, we (Ferrari) need to make our decision.''
How rude :o no one hits out at my lonzie god cos his mans (schumi) not WC anymore GOD bums to him heh

alexito
03-22-2006, 12:24 AM
capturas espn presentacion motogp

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7674/mgp06014ri.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/473/mgp06026ng.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7794/mgp06037dc.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/1474/mgp06042od.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5162/mgp06052bg.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/9795/mgp06069gc.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4014/mgp06082ts.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8017/mgp06097jt.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7631/mgp06124od.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/6474/mgp06132kp.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/7020/mgp06149bb.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/555/mgp06154xi.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/8955/mgp06165ms.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9698/mgp06178wn.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/189/mgp06187px.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/1372/mgp06198hg.jpg

alexito
03-22-2006, 12:27 AM
mas capturas

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/2184/mgp06071sv.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3098/mgp06108uk.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4687/mgp06114oy.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6442/mgp06208is.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8061/mgp06214fe.jpg

NINA_BCN
03-22-2006, 09:30 AM
:lol: Algunos pilotos han salido poco favorecidos. :haha: La cara que tiene Kenny Roberts es......indescriptible. Parece un pan de hogaza. :haha:

Suzi
03-22-2006, 11:31 AM
vermuelan and his bucket hat hmmm is he trying to set a trend :p

and im sorry but every time i see krusty i see krusty :haha:

NINA_BCN
03-22-2006, 01:36 PM
vermuelan and his bucket hat hmmm is he trying to set a trend :p

and im sorry but every time i see krusty i see krusty :haha:

Vale's answer:

http://www.sport.es/vivo/recursos/fotos/foto_150143_CAS.jpg---> "Whaaaattt????". :eek:

NINA_BCN
03-22-2006, 01:41 PM
"Krusty who???" :p

http://photos5.flickr.com/8276956_12142cc73a_o.jpg

Suzi
03-22-2006, 02:34 PM

Vale's answer:

http://www.sport.es/vivo/recursos/fotos/foto_150143_CAS.jpg---> "Whaaaattt????". :eek:

:spit: :haha:

NINA_BCN
03-22-2006, 03:22 PM
:aplot:

NINA_BCN
03-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Father and son champions face the world
Tue 21 Mar, 3:52 AM

LONDON (Reuters) - Motorcycling's King Kenny, three times 500cc world champion Kenny Roberts, is looking forward to the start of a new grand prix season more than he has in years.

The 54-year-old Californian has come back from the brink after a 2005 nightmare that threatened to sink his British-based MotoGP team.

Team KR missed a fistful of races after engine suppliers KTM pulled out but now they are revving up for the new season starting in Spain on Sunday with Honda support and another champion in the saddle -- Roberts' son Kenny junior who has joined from Suzuki.

"We're back to it being an all-American team and enjoying it," Roberts senior told Reuters. "Kenny's got a big smile on his face, he really actually enjoys riding the thing and we enjoy building it.

"It's sort of a dream come true really.

"There's been a lot of smoke and mirrors over the last 10 years and we really have not been able to enjoy the success that quite frankly we should have had at times.

"This puts us back up into the game in a very big way."

OWN BIKE

Roberts won three 500cc titles from 1978-80 and was acclaimed as a pioneering showman on two wheels.

He retired and came back as a Yamaha team boss before, in 1996, building his own grand prix bike with initial backing from Malaysia's Proton.

They struggled to match the dominant Japanese teams but having a competitive Honda engine, and the 2000 world champion, on board has raised morale no end.

"It's really a big shot in the arm for Team Roberts for Honda to help us and for Kenny to come back," said Roberts.

"Now we're raising our game again and getting everybody honed in to not thinking about what it costs but about how we can win.

"Last year was a disaster of a sponsorship year and its going to take us a while to dig ourselves out of that.

"Everybody's sort of saying lets see how it goes and sitting on the fence but I think people are going to be genuinely surprised at how well this thing goes.

"After the KTM deal I think I'm much sharper than I was."

Roberts said there were pros and cons in having his son riding for him.

On the plus side, his expertise would pay immediate dividends in terms of technical feedback: "Racing against the best companies in the world, you really need someone on it that can guide you.

"We don't have all the resources that everybody else has so we've got to have better people, a better rider and better direction," said Roberts.

"But it's not easy having your son race for you. Quite frankly, it's not an easy sport. It's not as safe as golf. And half the time I'm hoping they slow down and half the time I need them to speed up."

VERY KEEN

Roberts cannot hope to match the big guns, Yamaha with Valentino Rossi and Honda with young guns Marco Melandri and Dani Pedrosa.

He can, however, still get satisfaction from taking them on and perhaps pulling off the odd upset.

"I don't get the same feeling out of anything that I used to get, so that's not going to change," he smiled wistfully.

"(The feeling) watching the motorcycle that I built go around the racetrack is still there, I'm still very keen on making it better than everything else.

"I don't think that there's anything that you can compare MotoGP with once you've been there and been lucky enough to ride at that kind of level."

NINA_BCN
03-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Dani's big day arrives. :banana:
Wed 22 Mar, 11:27 AM

Dani Pedrosa's spectacular racing career reaches a climax on Sunday, when the three times world champion starts his very first MotoGP race, at the 2006 season opening Spanish Grand Prix.

20-year-old Pedrosa entered the 125cc World Championship in 2001, won his first three grands prix in 2002 - and has gone on to clinch a world title for the past three consecutive seasons (first in 125cc and then two in 250cc).

However, such achievements are regarded almost as preparation for the premier MotoGP class, whom Dani enters with the factory Repsol Honda team this season. It's a big step up, but Pedrosa's strong progress in winter testing means expectations are sky high for the talented rider from Barcelona - who finished the final pre-season test, also at Jerez, as both the top Honda and Michelin rider.

But, despite such form, don't expect any extravagant claims of glory from the #26 ahead of this weekend's race:

"I'm longing to begin the season and Jerez is the best place to do it," said Dani. "The atmosphere is very special, particularly for Spanish riders. It has been a very long pre-season and we are happy with our performance. The most positive aspect is that we've been able to complete basically our winter test programme and that allows us to reach the first race knowing the new bike a bit better.

"I've progressed physically as well, I felt much better at the end of the preseason tests compared to the first time I got on the bike. The exercise you do on the bike, lapping on the circuit, helped me to improve my shape, no doubt about that. There are a few things left to be tested for Jerez; I've hardly been able to practice starts and I've only tested two sets of qualifying tyres so far, but I guess that's normal when you are a MotoGP rookie. I'm not worried and looking forward to the races.

"I don't know what can I do in Jerez, but I never think in terms of results. My first aim is to finish the race and then to finish as high as possible. Races are always different to testing and I've never competed with these guys. I'm looking for a nice weekend with good weather. We did a very good test here two weeks ago so we hope to be able to use the information we have to prepare for the race as well as we can," he concluded.

First free practice for the Spanish Grand Prix takes place on Friday morning.

NINA_BCN
03-22-2006, 04:40 PM
The average age of a MotoGP rider is... :aplot:
Wed 22 Mar, 2:03 PM

The biggest MotoGP rider shake-up of recent years has occurred for the 2006 season, with several high profile competitors being replaced by young riders making their first steps into the premier grand prix class.

Out from last year have gone (with ages in brackets): Max Biaggi (34), Alex Barros (35), Troy Bayliss (36), Ruben Xaus (28), Roberto Rolfo (26), Franco Battaini (33) and Shane Byrne (29).

While into the series have come: Randy de Puniet (25), Dani Pedrosa (20), Jose Luis Cardoso (31), Chris Vermeulen (23) and Casey Stoner (20).

As a result, the age of the entry list has reduced considerably, with the most senior rider now being Carlos Checa - who will be 33 years and 5 months at this weekend's opening race - closely followed by fellow Spaniard Sete Gibernau, who is just 2 months younger. With Barros gone, Checa is also the rider with most experience in the premier-class having made 157 starts.

Meanwhile, 2005 250cc runner-up Casey Stoner will be the youngest full-time rider in MotoGP this year after taking the honour from Suzuki's John Hopkins, who has been the youngest for the last four years.

The average age of the MotoGP entry list at the first race of the year will be 27 years and 8 weeks, down from an average at the start of last year of 28 years and 27 weeks.

The youngest riders to have won a race in the premier-class of grand prix racing and the youngest championship winners are shown below:

Youngest riders to win the MotoGP/500cc championship:

1. Freddie Spencer 21 years 258 days (1983) :yeah:

2. Mike Hailwood 22 years 160 days (1962)

3. John Surtees 22 years 182 days (1956)

4. Valentino Rossi 22 years 240 days (2001)

5. Gary Hocking 23 years 316 days (1961)

Youngest riders to win a MotoGP/500cc grand prix:

1. Freddie Spencer 20 years 196 days (Belgium/1982/Spa) :worship:

2. Norick Abe 20 years 227 days (Japan/1996/Suzuka)

3. Randy Mamola 20 years 239 days (Belgium/1980/Zolder)

4. Mike Hailwood 21 years 75 days (Britain/1961/IOM TT)

5. Valentino Rossi 21 years 144 days (Britain/2000/Donington)

alexito
03-23-2006, 03:33 PM
ya falta poquitas horas. :bounce: :banana:
mañana es feriado en mi pais, pero igual me levante tempranito para ver la clasificacion.

Suzi
03-23-2006, 03:40 PM
hmm there are some young uns latley sprucing up in motogp :p

alexito
03-23-2006, 08:38 PM
motogp 2006

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7333/mgp192560zi.jpg

Suzi
03-23-2006, 08:39 PM
:yeah: gracias alex, muy bueno!!!

el guapo needs a shave :p

alexito