The MotoGP Thread [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

The MotoGP Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

NINA_BCN
10-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Pedrosa given hero’s welcome at hometown :worship: :worship:
News, 25/10/05

Triple World Champion Dani Pedrosa earned a rapturous welcome from thousands of fans when he returned to his hometown of Castellar del Vallés, near Barcelona, on Monday evening, coming back to Spain after last weekend's Turkish GP at Istanbul.

Before heading back to his hometown, the Movistar Honda rider attended a press conference in Barcelona, discussing at length his Championship-winning campaign and his future in motorcycling.

Looking back on the 2005 campaign, he said: “The races have been tougher and more contested, with more riders to look out for. Getting on the podium was much harder, because in the past, there were only three or four riders riding at the front. This year, there are more people pushing for the podium, and any mistake costs much more than it used to...”

The 20 year-old was thrilled by the warm welcome he had getting off the plane: “There were more people at the airport than last year! I'm quite a shy person, so I can't really take in it all, but it was great to see so much people waiting for me and celebrating my title. There were many bikes and some riders were pulling some crazy stuff! That was great to come back to Barcelona this way, I was really moved.”

In 2006, Pedrosa will move up to MotoGP class after clinching a title in the 125cc and two consecutive crowns in the quarter litre class. He stressed that he would take it step by step, playing down speculations touting him as Valentino Rossi's next rival.
“Regarding next year, my goal will be to do an intelligent season, not crashing too much and not thinking about duels that don't exist at the moment. I will set my goal on my own. The main thing is too take it calmly and learn as much as I can, gathering information about the new bike. I'll dedicate myself to this work in my first year.”

NINA_BCN
10-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Schumacher tries his luck on two wheels
News, 25/10/05

Seven times F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher took part in a private test held on Monday at the Mugello circuit where, for the very first time, he climbed aboard a MotoGP 990cc prototype.

After MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi had a run on the Ferrari F1 car a few months ago, Schumacher had the opportunity to sample some two-wheel adrenaline on the Ducati Desmosedici. The German driver completed several lap of the Italian circuit and, while being some way off the pace of the GP regulars, reportedly improved his lap times throughout the day-long test.

Schumacher rode one of Ducati's test machines as the factory team was on its way back from Istanbul following the inaugural Turkish Grand Prix last weekend. Former rider Randy Mamola attended the session to give some advice to Ferrari's star driver and also gave him a ride on the Ducati two-seater.

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/popup_800/popup_800_108035.htm

Vale & Schumi talking during Rossi's F1 test.

NINA_BCN
10-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Hayden refletcs on the Turkish GP
News, 25/10/05

Nicky Hayden continued his consistent run of form by clinching his third consecutive podium in last weekend's Turkish Grand Prix at the new Istanbul Park circuit. The 'Kentucky Kid' made a reasonable start from the front row and was third at the end of the first lap behind the flying Movistar Hondas of eventual race winner Marco Melandri and his team-mate Sete Gibernau.

On the fifth lap Gibernau overshot a corner to elevate Melandri to top spot leaving Hayden to give chase. On lap seven Valentino Rossi passed Hayden and the trio eventually took the chequered flag in that order. The American did his best to close the gap on Rossi - posting the second fastest lap of the race on lap 16 of the 22-lap encounter - but ultimately had to settle for third, some six seconds down on the world champion.

“That’s the first time in MotoGP I’ve had three consecutive podiums so that’s definitely a step forward, but to be honest I haven’t really had the pace all weekend,” admitted Hayden. “In the race I came through much faster than we’d managed during the practice days and for that I’m happy. The team did a great job and they definitely made a difference. I’m disappointed by the points situation. With Marco having such a great ride – congratulations to him, he definitely deserves it – we now have a little gap to second place. I want to dedicate this podium to a very special friend of mine back home. We all recently found out he’s been taken ill and wish him all our best. He’s had a huge influence in my career I wouldn’t be where I am today without him. Our thoughts are with him.”

alexito
10-26-2005, 03:46 PM
creo que va a terminar el año con hayden ganando una carrera y varios podios. y biaggi sin ganar ninguna. tengo 3 españoles que admiro muchisimo y soy re fans, alonso pedrosa y nadal. ustedes los españoles si que tienen suerte de tenes tres grandes.

NINA_BCN
10-26-2005, 08:02 PM
¿Sólo 3? ;) Hay muchos más aunque están un poco escondidos. :p

Éste es el "annus horribilis" de Max Biaggi. Ahora que había conseguido estar en el equipo MegaSuperoficial de Honda, mierda pa' él (con perdón de la expresión). No le ha podido ir nada peor: 2 segundos puestos en Italia y Japón, y 2 terceros puestos en Portugal y la Rep. Checa en 16 carreras. :ras:

NINA_BCN
10-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Capirossi ‘99%’ certain of racing in Valencia :yeah:
News, 27/10/05

After his crash at Phillip Island, Ducati’s Loris Capirossi was forced to sit out both the Australian and Turkish GPs where he was replaced by Japanese veteran Shinichi Ito. However, since returning to Italy, the 32-year-old has made good progress in his battle to regain fitness and believes he is almost certain to return to the saddle at Valencia. In an exclusive interview with motogp.com, the Italian star has spoken about his current physical condition, his chances of being fit for Valencia, Bridgestone tyres and next year's Ducati bike.

Question: First question, quite obviously, is about you and your fitness. How do you feel?
Answer: Things are going better, now. At the end of this week I'll have a final medical check to figure out how things are, but I'm feeling much better.

Q: What are your chances of being fit for Valencia?
A: If everything goes as it is supposed to, I'll be there. I want to ride in Valencia and there’s a 99 percent chance you’ll see me there on my Ducati.

Q: Did you see the Turkish GP on television? What did you think of the track, and of Melandri winning the race?
A: Yes, I saw the Grand Prix on the television. It was a real shame I wasn't there riding. The track seemed very demanding, but also very exciting to ride on. Marco's triumph was great! He deserved it – he was the fastest guy on the track from the Friday and I'm very happy for him.

Q: Tell us about the Bridgestone tyres. They seem to be working really well now, was it a gradual evolution or was there a specific moment when everything just clicked into place?
A: No, I think it was a gradual evolution. From the GP of Germany the tyres started to become very interesting in terms of performance, although there were a couple of other problems. I think we have built up a lot experience and have already obtained some useful data we can use for next season.

Q: Unfortunately your injury in Australia ended your hopes of finishing as runner-up in the championship. How has that left you feeling?
A: Yeah, I know, I'm totally out of the running for that now. But I must say I'm happy with how the season went. Also, with a bit of luck, that honour will go to an Italian without me challenging for it as Marco (Melandri) has a great chance of doing it.

Q: How do you feel about the news that Carlos Checa won’t be riding for Ducati next season?

A: We’d never ridden together before this season and I must say we had a good feeling, I enjoyed be sharing the box with Carlos. To be honest I hope he will still be with the team the next season as well.

Q: What about the bike? Tell us about the next season’s bike, have you already tested a new model?

A: Yes, sure. I think we will have something new to test in Valencia - the tests after the Grand Prix that is. We will have the new bike from Jerez. We are not talking about a brand new bike, no big changes, it's more of an evolution of the bike we have right now.

Q: Last question. You always seem to be very approachable and available for interviews of press conferences. That’s quite strange in this age of the ‘superstar’ rider isn’t it ?

A: Well, it's quite true indeed. I think those kind of things, such as interviews, promotional events and so on, they are part of what our job is. It's all about being yourself, mainly. Being yourself always pays off.

NINA_BCN
10-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Modifications get underway at Assen
News, 27/10/05

Construction staff have started work on the Assen TT Circuit as the famous North Loop is redesigned in a effort to modernize the track and improve its facilities. The length of the track will be shortened ahead of the 2006 racing season from 5,997 metres to roughly 4,750 m.

The work will mean that race fans will be able to follow races more easily and see the riders speed past more often. For example, in this year’s TT, Valentino Rossi completed 19 laps, but at next year’s race fans will be able to see their favourites race past them 24 times in total when the event takes place on 24 June 2006. At 6 km, the Assen was the longest racetrack with the highest average top speed, but with the new length it will mirror the lengths of other racetracks in the MotoGP series.

With the change to the so-called North Loop, a number of curves will be removed, such as the S-curve, Haarbocht, Witterdiep, Madijk and Ossebroeken. But the most striking corners on the circuit, the Haarbocht and Strubben, will remain more or less untouched and turn the new track back onto the upward slope.

The Haarbocht will have a tighter angle (meaning an extra braking option for the riders) and a smaller slope – not 8% as it was, but a 5% upward-slope. What’s more, the curve will also be shifted slightly to the south. The famous Ossebroeken curve will also return to the new track but in a somewhat narrower form.

NINA_BCN
10-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Hofmann hoping for Kawasaki swansong at Valencia
News, 26/10/05

Alex Hofmann is looking to end an injury-plagued season on a positive note as he expects to make his comeback to the MotoGP scene in Valencia next week for the last round of the 2005 World Championship.

The Kawasaki Racing team rider suffered multiple fractures to his left ankle when he collided with Roberto Rolfo at the Japanese Grand Prix in September. After being undergoing corrective surgery in Germany, he quickly started rehabilitation in a bid to ride again before the end of the season.

“In general I'm satisfied with the way the operation and the rehabilitation has gone,” explained Hofmann, who has missed the last four rounds. “It was one of the worst injuries I ever had as I broke eight bones. During the operation they put in sixteen screws and two plates, but I was able to start rehabilitation straight away. The healing went pretty well and since then I've been doing 3 or 4 hours of physiotherapy every day. Now I'm feeling pretty good and, with each passing day, making a comeback at Valencia for the last race of the season seems more and more possible.”

According to the German, getting back on his 990cc Ninja ZX-RR will be the only way to tell if he is fit to race.

“The next step will be to ride the bike - that's the only test that will let me know if I'm fit enough to race. I have already regained 90% of the movement so now it just matter of seeing if it all clicks in well when it comes to riding the Kawasaki.”

With the Kawasaki Racing team already having announced that their 2006 line-up will formed by Shinya Nakano and Randy de Puniet, Hofmann knows he will have to look for another ride next season. But for now, the German just wants to focus on his comeback and performing well in Spain.

“It has been a very frustrating season, but now I'm just looking forward Valencia and I hope I can perform well over there. Things didn't go the way I had hoped they would and at the moment there aren't many opportunities, but I have to remain positive,” continued Hofmann, who also missed three races earlier in the season due to a wrist injury. “Speed-wise, I believe my place is in MotoGP and we'll work hard to stay here next season.”

NINA_BCN
10-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Chris Vermeulen signs for Suzuki
News, 28/10/05

Suzuki and Chris Vermeulen have agreed terms for the next two years, which will see the rising Australian star race the Suzuki GSV-R in the 2006 and 2007 seasons. Vermeulen joins Team Suzuki MotoGP from a successful season in the World Superbike Championship riding for Ten Kate Honda, the 23-year old finishing the season in second place overall. He will ride the Suzuki GSV-R for the first time in the forthcoming Valencia test on Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th November.

“I’m so excited about the prospects for next year,” said Vermeulen, who made his MotoGP debut at Phillip Island deputizing for Troy Bayliss. “It’s obviously going to be a difficult season to begin with - there are a lot of new tracks to learn, a new bike and a new team, but I know I am up for the challenge.”

“I’ve known Paul Denning since I came to England in the year 2000 and I’m really looking forward to working with him as well as the whole team. I’ll try to take that step up to fill the shoes of Suzuki World Champions like Barry Sheene - Barry was the guy that gave me my first chance - Kevin Schwantz and Kenny Junior. These are all guys that I really respect.”

“I’m also looking forward to working with Bridgestone as well as Suzuki. It’s another new tyre manufacturer for me. I’ve never ridden on them before, but I’ve heard and seen a lot of good things and hopefully we can do well together.”

“I want to thank Suzuki for giving me this chance in MotoGP and for trusting in my ability. Suzuki has been very honest about the current position, and about its future plans. I am very happy to be part of those plans and I’ll be doing everything I can to make sure Suzuki’s faith in me is repaid.”

Born in Brisbane in Australia, Vermeulen began racing dirt track bikes from the age of 12, before moving onto 250 and 600cc machines in the Australian Championship. In 2000 his talent was noticed by former Suzuki World Champion Barry Sheene, and the late Sheene persuaded Vermeulen to travel to Britain to race. A year in the British Supersport and Superstock championships followed and Vermeulen scored his first Supersport win at Donington Park, accompanied by five wins in the Superstock championship.

For the 2001 season Vermeulen moved onto the world stage with a ride in World Supersport and in 2003 raced to the title in only his third season in this very competitive championship. Vermeulen then made the progression into Superbikes in 2004, developing his machine into a serious contender and notching up four victories.

NINA_BCN
10-31-2005, 09:56 AM
KTM closing on first-ever title
News, 30/10/05

The Red Bull KTM team are all set to complete its most successful campaign since entering the 125cc World Championship in 2003, even if results in the last two races have hampered the Austrian manufacturer’s title charge.

The crash suffered by Mika Kallio in Turkey has given his Honda-mounted rival, Thomas Lüthi, an almost insurmountable advantage in the riders’ championship with the Swiss youngster now 23 points ahead of the Finn.

However, the final race of the season to be held at Valencia next weekend could allow a second KTM rider to finish in the top three. Hungarian Gabor Talmacsi, who has taken three wins this season, will try to hold on to third overall by finishing ahead of Italian riders Mattia Pasini and Marco Simoncelli, who currently stand 11 and 12 points adrift of the Hungarian respectively.

However, KTM are close to clinching their first-ever road racing manufacturers’ title as the firm currently has a 13-point lead over Honda in that championship. However, the Japanese factory has had a string of great results recently with three wins in the past four races. To secure the manufacturers’ title regardless of the results of Honda’s riders, KTM would have to get at least one of their riders on the podium at Valencia.

NINA_BCN
10-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Jubilant Melandri targets second landmark :yeah:
News, 30/10/05

Having had time to reflect on his maiden win in the MotoGP class, an ecstatic Marco Melandri admits he has now completed one of the objectives he set himself this season. However, the focused Italian is not getting carried away and is already thinking about his second, finishing as runner-up in the championship standings. Melandri heads to Valencia with a nine-point lead over rival Nicky Hayden and is now hoping to cap his debut triumph in the premier class with another important achievement.

“I'd dreamt about it so much, I desired it and had looked for it. It's finally happened after so long and I am truly delighted,” Melandri stated.

“I could enjoy being on top again; but winning in the MotoGP class is special, riding at such an incredible pace. It was the most beautiful win I could ever have imagined.”

“I had Valentino under control the same way he does with others. It was a dream for me, a thought which kept me going when I was exhausted. But now I don't want to think about it too much because Valencia is almost on us and the race will be more testing and difficult than ever.”

“I'm missing being on the bike already and I'm looking forward to Friday’s free practices. The forthcoming race will be different to Turkey. After my first dream has come true, I want to clinch the second place in championship and will be riding thinking about the standings.”

Marco Melandri’s victory in Turkey makes him the second youngest rider to win a MotoGP race since the class was introduced in 2002 with the introduction of 990cc four-stroke machines. As shown in the following table, Valentino Rossi is the only rider to win a race at a younger age in the MotoGP class since the start of the 2002 season. The fact that only three riders have won MotoGP races before reaching the age of 27 indicates the importance of experience in getting the best from these machines.

Youngest riders to win a MotoGP race:

1. Valentino Rossi 23 years 50 days Japan/2002/Suzuka
2. Marco Melandri 23 years 77 days Turkey/2005/Istanbul
3. Nicky Hayden 23 years 345 days USA/2005/Laguna Seca
4. Makoto Tamada 27 years 243 days Rio/2005/Jacarepagua
5. Tohru Ukawa 28 years 338 days South Africa/2002/Welkom

alexito
11-02-2005, 12:38 AM
2 day for valencia!!!!
the final countdown
I hope luthi will be new champion, he need only 2 point
capirosi come back in valencia!!!!!!!!!

NINA_BCN
11-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Lüthi just two points away from title dream
Preview, 01/11/05

Thomas Luthi is on the verge of capturing the 125cc World Championship in the final round, this weekend at Valencia.

Elit GP – Honda team rider Thomas Luthi arrives in Spain with a 23 point lead in the 125cc championship making him the hot favourite to win the title. Even if Red Bull KTM’s Mika Kallio wins the race in Valencia then Luthi only needs to finish in 13th place or higher to win the world championship.

Kallio may have little hope to clinch the title, but KTM are 13 points in front of Honda in the constructors championship and will win the title if any KTM rider finishes fourth or higher no matter where the Honda riders finish. This would be the first time since Derbi won the constructors title in 1988 that it would be won by a manufacturer other than Honda or Aprilia.

NINA_BCN
11-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Pedrosa set for last 250 appearance
Preview, 01/11/05

The final round of the season will see Dani Pedrosa bowing out of the 250cc World Championship after dominating the series for the last two years. Pedrosa, who took victory at Valencia last season, joins MotoGP next year with Honda and he will want to celebrate his 2005 title in front of his home crowd with a repeat success on Sunday.

Casey Stoner could well spoil the party after winning three of the last four races. The Australian is in tremendous form and could also be heading for a MotoGP ride, whilst Randy De Puniet also makes his final 250cc appearance after signing a contract with Kawasaki to move up to the premier class next year.

Jorge Lorenzo arrives at Valencia with a final chance of becoming the youngest ever winner in the 250cc class, having been threatening to win a race since he finished second at Mugello earlier in the year.

NINA_BCN
11-02-2005, 12:18 PM
MotoGP curtain to fall with Spanish fiesta at Valencia
Preview, 01/11/05

The MotoGP season reaches a fitting climax in the frenzied atmosphere of the betandwin.com Gran Premio de la Comunitat Valenciana at the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Spain on Sunday. A weekend crowd of over 200,000 will pack the grandstands around the track on the outskirts of Valencia to witness the continuing battle between World Champion Valentino Rossi and the pretenders to his crown, Marco Melandri and Nicky Hayden.

Rossi has won for the last two years in Valencia on both Honda and Yamaha machinery and he seeks a hat-trick of victories to equal Mick Doohan’s all-time record of twelve wins in a season. The Italian knows it will not be easy with Melandri, who won the 2002 250cc race in Valencia, thirsting for a repeat of his historic first MotoGP win in Turkey at the last round. Melandri’s win has given him an eight-point lead over Hayden in their battle for second place in the championship after the American finished third at Istanbul.

Mathematically Colin Edwards could finish second but Rossi's Yamaha team-mate would have to win his first MotoGP race to have any chance. Max Biaggi, who holds the lap record at Valencia, looks likely to end a disappointing season in fifth place, thirteen points in front of an equally dejected Sete Gibernau. The Spaniard has yet to win this season and he will be aiming to repeat his emotional debut victory of four years ago before a likely move to Ducati at the end of the season.

Loris Capirossi makes a welcome return to the Italian factory team after missing the last two races because of injury. Capirossi was given the all clear after a scan on his damaged lung on Saturday and will be hoping to hit the form that brought him victories in both Japan and Malaysia two months ago. His team-mate Carlos Checa makes his last appearance for the Ducati team and will seeking to end on a high note after an impressive finish to the season.

NINA_BCN
11-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Barros aiming for historic milestone
News, 02/11/05

Alex Barros can make history by becoming just the seventh rider in Grand Prix history to pass the 2000 point milestone if he finishes 13th or above at this weekend’s Valencian Grand Prix.
Max Biaggi is currently the top-scorer of all time in Grand Prix, although his great rival, and current world champion, Valentino Rossi sits menacingly just 39 points behind him. Third in the list is Loris Capirossi who needs to finish 12th or better to surpass the 2500 point landmark.

Modern-day competitors are at an advantage due to the current point scoring system which allocates more points to the leading riders, but the legendary Angel Nieto sits 6th with 2008 points, just behind Mick Doohan and Alex Crivillé.

NINA_BCN
11-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Gibernau looking to sign off in style
News, 02/11/05

Sete Gibernau admits he is looking forward to racing in front of his home fans this week at Valencia in the last round of the season. The Spaniard had endured a disappointing 2005 campaign and has not managed a single win as yet. Back on the track where he took his first premier class triumph in 2001, the Movistar Honda rider is determined to make the most of this final chance to taste victory for the first time since last year's Qatari GP.

“At last the end of the season has arrived. It has been a hard year for us because we started out with hopes and objectives that have not been realised,” conceded Gibernau. “Valencia is our final chance to end the season with a good result and I will give everything from my side to make sure it happens. It won’t be through lack of effort but there is no use feeling sorry for ourselves because we can’t change anything in the past. I hope that with the help of the fans I can have a good weekend and finish it with the result we have been looking for all year.”

Gibernau lies down in sixth position in the championship, but his strong performances in qualifying throughout the year make him overwhelming favourite for the BMW Award, which rewards the best qualifier of 2005. He currently holds a 1.956s lead over World Champion Valentino Rossi.

NINA_BCN
11-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Hayden braced for final charge
News, 03/11/05

After taking his third consecutive podium - the fifth of the season - in Turkey, Repsol Honda's Nicky Hayden is currently third overall in the Championship, just nine points adrift of Marco Melandri.

Although his Italian rival seems to have hit top form, the American is determined to make one final big push for the runner-up title this weekend at Valencia.

“Valencia is a track I have gone well at in the past, but have never finished the race there in the last two years,” explained Hayden. “On both occasions I have got caught up in it being the last race of the year. I just let it all hang out and unfortunately crashed both years going for it. So I guess this year will be no different other then we want to finish. Marco pulled some big points last week but we won’t quit till the flag flies on Sunday. We came back from a bad start to the season, but it ain’t over yet!”

NINA_BCN
11-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Rossi still chasing Doohan's record
News, 03/11/05

Yamaha’s Valentino Rossi arrives at Valencia with a chance of equalling Mick Doohan’s record of twelve premier-class victories in a single season and also his own record of 16 podium finishes in a season. In addition, Rossi could surpass his own record points total for a season of 357 which he achieved in 2003. All these records have been made more attainable with there being 17 races in the season for the first time, but the World Champion will be up against tough competition and is once again expecting a tough battle with the likes of Melandri and Hayden.

“Some new young riders have come to the front of the field over the last few races and I am sure we’ll have another big battle in Valencia,” explained Rossi. “Of course I am not old and I hope that I have a few more years at the top yet! I am looking forward to Valencia and we hope our bike works well there and that we can find a good setting straight away.”

“In Valencia we will really try for the win again; last year we won there with Yamaha and I also won the year before; I like ending the season with a victory! It is still possible for me to equal Doohan’s win record and beat my own, and this is my aim for the last race. Our bike goes well in Valencia and it’s always a great race. It is Spain, there are always lots of people and the fans are wonderful. It’s always a big party for everyone!”

NINA_BCN
11-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Day of Champions’ proves a huge success
News, 04/11/05

The traditional ‘Day of Champions’ kicked off the festivities at the Ricardo Tormo circuit on Thursday, allowing numerous motorcycling fans to take part in various activities in order to raise funds for Riders for Health, MotoGP’s official charity.

Over 3,000 people flocked into the paddock taking advantage of the opportunity to walk down the pit-lane and get autographs from the World Championship stars, while others had a taste of action with the ‘MotoGP Experience’ which allowed them to ride on the Ricardo Tormo track. Other activities included a stunt show and Scalectrix competitions in which fans could pit their skills against Riders for Health patron, and former rider, Randy Mamola. One of the participants qualified for the Super Finale against MotoGP star Sete Gibernau and managed to beat the Movistar Honda rider to win a MotoGP Scalextrix set.

As usual, the charity auction was one of the most popular events of the day as fans had the chance to bid on various items including the leather racing suit of Ducati Marlboro’s Carlos Checa, as well as a helmet donated by triple World Champion Dani Pedrosa, which had been signed by the Spanish rider, his team-mate Hiroshi Aoyama and his team-manager - former 500cc GP winner - Alberto Puig.

Another star of the auction was Spanish youngster Alvaro Bautista who ended up auctioning more than he initially expected in order to content the fans, including his shoes and wrist watch.

Over 60,000 Euros were raised for Riders for Health, which manages motorcycles used in health delivery programmes in Africa in association with the World Health Organization, national governments and non-governmental organisations working in health.

NINA_BCN
11-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Melandri sets pace on cloudy first day at Valencia
Report, 04/11/05

Two weeks after taking his maiden MotoGP win in Turkey, Marco Melandri was back on charge today at the Ricardo Tormo track, as the Movistar Honda rider clocked the fastest lap on the first day of free practice of the Gran Premio betandwin.com de la Comunitat Valenciana.

Melandri lapped in 1’33.464 on a cloudy Friday afternoon to conclude the day just 0.042s ahead of Ducati Marlboro’s Carlos Checa, who had posted the best time in the morning’s session. Checa, who is probably doing his last appearance on Ducati machinery this week-end, was followed by his Spanish compatriot Sete Gibernau.

The 2003 and 2004 best runner-up will try to sign off in style as he still has to win a race this year, and Valencia appears as the perfect venue to do so as it was there that he took his first win in the premier class, back in 2001. Gibernau rode consistently throughout the day and was only 0.059s adrift from his Movistar Honda team-mate.

Repsol Honda’s Nicky Hayden was fourth fastest, followed by Loris Capirossi, who’s back on track with the Ducati Marlboro team after missing the last two Grand Prix through injury. Capirossi finished 0.237s ahead of sixth-placed Alex Barros, who was the last rider to have lapped below the 1’34 mark today.

Valentino Rossi was the highest placed Yamaha rider but the Italian had a lacklustre day on the Yamaha Factory YZR-M1 sporting this weekend the red, white and black vintage livery of the Japanese manufacturer.

Honda-mounted riders Max Biaggi and Makoto Tamada took eight and ninth respectively, ahead of Rossi’s team-mate Colin Edwards who completed the top 10.

NINA_BCN
11-04-2005, 03:14 PM
250cc 1st Qualifying Practice Test

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/394/394172.jpg

NINA_BCN
11-04-2005, 03:16 PM
125cc 1st Qualifying Practice Test

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/394/394046.jpg

alexito
11-04-2005, 04:07 PM
yes luthiiiiiiiiiii
only you need 2 point!!!!!

NINA_BCN
11-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Si, sólo 2 puntitos.... :bounce: Crucemos los dedos y que no pase nada raro. ;)

alexito
11-05-2005, 12:50 PM
125cc Q2

1- gadea
2- pasini
3- kallio
4- luthi

alexito
11-05-2005, 02:05 PM
mgp GP

1-gibernau
2-melandri
3- hayden
4-checa
5-biaggi
6-edward
7-capirosi
8-barros

15-rossi

Nikki♥
11-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Please win a race, Sete. :o

alexito
11-05-2005, 03:04 PM
250 Q2

1-pedrosa!!!!!!!!!!!!
2-barbera
3-deangelis
4-lorenzo
5- dovizioso
6-aoyama
7-stoner

NINA_BCN
11-05-2005, 03:19 PM
3 españolitos en las poles. ;) Cómo se nota que corren en casa. :lol:

Los entrenamientos de Rossi han sido :eek: , con caída incluida a pocos minutos del final. :rolleyes: Veremos con qué nos sorprende esta vez. :p

alexito
11-05-2005, 05:47 PM
sip, siempre quise saber porque algunos pilotos que no hacen nada en todo el año , en su casa corren espetacularmente, eso dice que cuando quieren, pueden.

NINA_BCN
11-05-2005, 06:03 PM
sip, siempre quise saber porque algunos pilotos que no hacen nada en todo el año , en su casa corren espetacularmente, eso dice que cuando quieren, pueden.
Eso es porque conocen el circuito como la palma de su mano. :p Un ejemplo: Héctor Barberá vive a poquitos kilómetros de Cheste (donde está emplazado el circuito), el Team Aspar (Gadea y Faubel son los pilotos del equipo en 125cc) tiene su sede allí y el jefe del equipo, Jorge Martínez "Aspar", es el principal promotor de este circuito y de los eventos para la formación de pilotos. ;)

alexito
11-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Eso es porque conocen el circuito como la palma de su mano. :p Un ejemplo: Héctor Barberá vive a poquitos kilómetros de Cheste (donde está emplazado el circuito), el Team Aspar (Gadea y Faubel son los pilotos del equipo en 125cc) tiene su sede allí y el jefe del equipo, Jorge Martínez "Aspar", es el principal promotor de este circuito y de los eventos para la formación de pilotos. ;)
yo creo en mejoras, no en milagros, por mas que conozcas el circuito sino tenes moto o auto, de nada sirve, yo me refiero el milagro de llevar una moto o auto a la punta, y en todo el año no hicieron nada. lo mismo que vayan a correr a colombia y el colombiano cardena gane la carrera. estamos hablando de algunos ejemplos en el mundo, por supuesto, porque sete y pedrosa no es sorpresa.

alexito
11-05-2005, 08:19 PM
no sabes que le paso a stoner? vi que se cayo, y despues no volvio a clasificar ni mejor su tiempo. si tenes noticias si le paso algo avisame.

alexito
11-06-2005, 12:53 AM
porto no lo vi en toda la clasificacion, y recien me entero que tuvo problema en la servical y que esta en duda para la carrera

bad gambler
11-06-2005, 05:14 AM
good luck stoner for the race, what a great finish to the season he is having :yeah:

peteslamz
11-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Melandri ends the season with second MotoGP win

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/395/395909_94924.jpg

Marco Melandri clinched his second consecutive MotoGP win in today’s Gran Premio betandwin.com de la Comunitat Valencia, putting on an impressive performance to fend off the challenge of Nicky Hayden.

Melandri made a good start from second of the grid to snatch the holeshot ahead of Hayden, while poleman Sete Gibernau slipped back to third. The Spaniard ended his campaign on another blow, his engine breaking out on lap three.

Qualified in a low 15th, World Champion Valentino Rossi made a strong charge, gaining seven places on the first lap and challenging Carlos Checa for third five laps later. By mid-race, the Yamaha rider was chasing Melandri and Hayden after passing Checa, but only managed to close the gap to little less than three seconds.

At the front, Melandri rode a flawless race despite Hayden pushing hard on his tail, but never close enough to have a clear shot at the lead. With this second consecutive win, Melandri consolidated his second position in the Championship, finishing best runner-up behind Valentino Rossi.

Ducati Marlboro’s Carlos Checa took fourth, crossing the line more than 15 seconds after Rossi, followed by Honda veterans Alex Barros and Max Biaggi. Loris Capirossi took seventh on his comeback at Ducati after missing the last two races through injury, ahead of Colin Edwards. Makoto Tamada and Toni Elias completed the final top 10.

alexito
11-06-2005, 08:48 PM
yes luthi champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes pedrosa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peteslamz
11-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Gibernau in switch to Ducati team

MADRID, Spain -- Spanish rider Sete Gibernau will ride for the Ducati works team in the 2006 MotoGP world championship.

The 32-year-old, who has ridden for Honda for the last three seasons, will replace fellow Spaniard Carlos Checa and ride alongside Italian Loris Capirossi.

"After achieving some great results and much satisfaction during the last few years, I have decided to make a change in my career", said Gibernau.

Ducati president Federico Minoli said he was delighted with the team's new recruit. "We think Sete is one of the strongest guys in MotoGP," he said.

"He's a talented, gritty and courageous rider. Sete has had a difficult season this year but he has shown throughout that he never gives up, in the best Ducati spirit. For this reason we're very proud to have him in our 2006 line-up alongside Loris."

Gibernau was forced out of the season-ending Valencia Grand Prix after the engine blew on his Honda and had to settle for seventh place in the world championship won by Valentino Rossi.

He finished as runner-up to Rossi in 2003 and 2004.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SPORT/11/07/mcycling.gibernau/index.html

ginny_legend
11-08-2005, 09:37 AM
all the rally drivers are on crack!

NINA_BCN
11-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Stoner will go to MotoGP the next season. ;) He'll be one of the riders of the Pons Team and his partner might be Carlos Checa. It may be possible because Troy Bayliss has left the team and also Barros may end his career this year. :o I am not sure.

We'll have more news during the next days. ;)

NINA_BCN
11-08-2005, 02:09 PM
More MotoGP changes: Vermeulen to Suzuki and de Puniet to Kawa. :eek:

Vermeulen and De Puniet debut on MotoGP bikes
News, 07/11/05

Chris Vermuelan and Randy de Puniet were the centre of attention on the first day of the MotoGP test session being held at the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia which yesterday hosted the final round of the 2005 World Championship season.

The young Australian was able to lap on the GSV-R for the first time, the bike he will race for the Suzuki MotoGP team next season. Vermuelan took part in two Grand Prix for the Camel Honda team as a substitute for Troy Bayliss, but watched Sunday’s race in Cheste from the stands having already put pen to paper on a two-year deal with Suzuki.

Vermuelan was not the only Suzuki out on the track today as American Kurtis Roberts, who rode for the Proton-KR team last weekend, also put the GSV-R through its paces, although it is not thought he will be offered any sort of future role with the factory beyond this test.

Also getting a first outing for his new team was De Puniet who will compete for Kawasaki next term. Along with world champion Dani Pedrosa, the Frenchman is so far the only the rider to have confirmed his move from the quarter litre class to MotoGP.

De Puniet managed a total of five wins and 22 podiums in the 250s, although he ended his spell in the category in disappointing style by coming home eighth in Sunday’s race, the same position in which he finished the championship.

NINA_BCN
11-08-2005, 02:12 PM
And more MotoGP changes: Macio & Elías together!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Melandri and Elias to lead Fortuna Honda bid
News, 07/11/05

Fortuna have announced that they are to team up with the Italian Gresini Team and Honda next season with Marco Melandri and Toni Elias to lead their challenge in the MotoGP class. The tobacco manufacturer has agreed a two-year deal with the Italian outfit, who are managed by Fausto Gresini, and will run two Honda RCV211s in next year’s championship.

It means that Melandri, who took his second consecutive MotoGP victory at Valencia on Sunday, will renew his acquaintance with the Fortuna brand after one season racing for the Movistar Honda team. The young Italian, who will be expected to challenge Valentino Rossi for the World Championship next year after his progress this season, spoke of his delight at joining the Fortuna Honda team.

“I am very happy to work with Fortuna again, a very prestigious sponsor who believed in me when I moved to MotoGP. I’m very proud to meet them again after one year away, it’s a demonstration of great trust,” explained Marco Melandri. “They believe in my potential and I believe in their project. I hope to pay their trust back with the results that I didn’t manage in past years.”

Melandri will be joined by Spanish starlet Elias who clinched the ‘Rookie of the Year’ title in the MotoGP class after his tenth-placed finish in Valencia. The Catalan rider has made a real impression in his debut season in the premier class aboard the Yamaha YZR-M1 and is looking forward to teaming up with Melandri.

“I am really happy to take part in this new and ambitious project based on the experience of the Gresini team, the technical support of Honda and obviously Fortuna, to whom I am immensely thankful,” stated the 22-year-old. “I am really happy to have Marco as a team-mate because he is a great rider and great guy. I have a lot to learn and I am at the right place to do it so I am really looking forward to starting work with my new team.”

A lot will be expected of the dynamic young duo next season, but Gresini is confident that his new team will prove a big success. “We are excited about presenting a young team with enormous potential,” he declared. “With five podiums and two victories, Marco has been a star of what has been a great season. Next year we will aim to consolidate and improve his results. We are also pleased to announce the arrival of Toni Elias, the 22-year-old Spanish rider, who has ridden in Fortuna colours for three years. After one year of apprenticeship in MotoGP, we are delighted to have him in our team and to start this adventure that will see him debut on a Honda. We believe in his potential and we are sure that together we can obtain good results.”

NINA_BCN
11-08-2005, 02:28 PM
The first Dani's pic with a Repsol-Honda bike. :worship: :p It's a photoshop made by AS.

http://www.as.com/recorte.php?id=LCO&xref=20051108dasdaimot_4&type=Ies

The "real" first pic will come tomorrow. ;)

alexito
11-08-2005, 02:47 PM
viste la entrega de los premios? yo la vi por la web de motogp, tengo el resumen tambien. lo unico injusto para mi es que le dieron a doviozioso el premio del mejor debutante en 250cc. creo que el mejor debutante y lejoooooossss es stoner, 5 carreras ganadas, peleo el campeonato.

NINA_BCN
11-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Stoner no puede ser elegido mejor debutante de 250cc porque no era la primera temporada que corría en dicha categoría. :rolleyes:

NINA_BCN
11-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Porto takes a rain-check at Valencia test
News, 08/11/05

Sebastián Porto’s switch to Honda machinery has been postponed because of the neck injury the Argentine rider suffered last weekend which denied him the opportunity to race at Valencia with the Aprilia Aspar team.

Porto suffered neck pain on Saturday and missed the second qualifying practice session to undergo a medical test in Valencia, which led to his decision to not race on Sunday.

The Argentine has explained to motogp.com that his debut with the 250cc Honda team, managed by Alberto Puig, will now have to wait a few weeks following a further check-up in Barcelona on Monday.

“At least I feel a bit more at ease now that I know it’s nothing serious,” explained Porto. “I was feeling sick and dizzy, so they did various tests. Dr Mir, from the Dexeus hospital, recommended one of his colleagues who confirmed that I had a problem with my neck and told me that I just needed some rest. That should be enough to feel better within a few days.”

“The off-season will be pretty long and it’s not worth taking risks at this time of the year. I expect to ride again before the end of the year anyway,” he added.

Porto, who will fly back home to Argentina later this week, added that he has still to put pen to paper with the Honda team, but expects the deal to go through in the very near future. “I haven’t signed anything so far. We were supposed to conclude the talks last weekend, but it wasn’t possible because of the problems I had. Anyway, I know that I can count on Repsol’s backing and I think the deal should be confirmed in a couple of days.”

alexito
11-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Stoner no puede ser elegido mejor debutante de 250cc porque no era la primera temporada que corría en dicha categoría. :rolleyes:
enserio? para mi el año pasado estuvo en 125cc junto con dovi barbera lorenzo etc.

NINA_BCN
11-09-2005, 08:58 AM
enserio? para mi el año pasado estuvo en 125cc junto con dovi barbera lorenzo etc.
Si, y en el 2003. ;) Fue en el 2002 con el equipo de Aprilia Safilo Oxydo Race LCR, en la época en que Fonsi Nieto empezó a destacar. :o

JuchuPati
11-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Si, y en el 2003. ;) Fue en el 2002 con el equipo de Aprilia Safilo Oxydo Race LCR, en la época en que Fonsi Nieto empezó a destacar. :o

a destacar?? cuando ha destacado realmente? :o

NINA_BCN
11-09-2005, 06:37 PM
a destacar?? cuando ha destacado realmente? :o
:lol:

Si que destacó. Fugazmente, eso sí :p, pero lo hizo. ;)

NINA_BCN
11-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Gloomy Valencia stages first day of winter test
News, 09/11/05

There was plenty of action today at the Valencia circuit, on and off the track, as the Spanish venue hosts the first test session of the winter. The conditions were far from ideal, with cold temperatures, strong winds and rain by midday.

Repsol Honda’s newcomer Dani Pedrosa began his adaptation process to the 4-stroke machine, mainly making position adjustments and lapping cautiously to get a hold of the 240 bhp bike.

“This day allowed me to get a first contact with bike, see how the team works, how’s the bike, the tyres. This track is well-suited to discover a new bike, but we’ll have to wait and see what happens on faster tracks,” said Pedrosa. “The gap between 250 and MotoGP is much bigger than between 125 and 250. It’s a steep learning curve, the bike is much faster and you have to be very careful.” More Spanish riders made their debut on a new machine after changing teams: Sete Gibernau rode for the first time on the Ducati Demosedici, clocking thirty two laps, while Toni Elias racked in thirty four laps on the Fortuna Honda RC211V.

Former Ducati man Carlos Checa also had his first run on Honda machinery, but crashed after only three laps. He underwent medicals at the Clinica Mobile and at the Valencia hospital, but didn’t suffer any serious injury.

Alongside him in the Honda Pons garage, Australian youngster Casey Stoner completed his first laps on a MotoGP machine, as he’s likely to team up with Checa in the Spanish team next season.

Another Australian rookie was on track: Suzuki’s new signing Chris Vermeulen, who rode for Camel Honda at Phillip Island and Istanbul.

Honda had also invited 125cc World Champion Thomas Lüthi, and 250cc Rookie of the Year Andrea Dovizioso to test the RC211V.

1. Nicky Hayden, Honda - 1'34.4 / 53 laps
2. Marco Melandri, Honda - 1'34.7 / 8
3. John Hopkins, Suzuki - 1'34.9
4. Casey Stoner, Honda - 1'35.0 / 69
5. Carlos Checa, Honda - 1'35.1 / 33
6. Sete Gibernau, Ducati - 1'35.2 / 32
7. Daniel Pedrosa, Honda - 1'35.5 / 62
8. Toni Elías, Honda - 1'35.7 / 34
9. James Ellison, Ducati - 1'35.7 / 74
10. Roberto Rolfo, Ducati - 1'35.7 / 55
11. Nobuatsu Aoki, Suzuki - 1'35.8 / 41
12. Olivier Jacque, Kawasaki - 1'35.9 / 32
13. Chris Vermeulen, Suzuki - 1'36.3
14. Randy De Puniet, Kawasaki - 1'36.5 / 58
15. Loris Capirossi, Ducati - 1'36.8 / 17
16. Andrea Dovizioso, Honda - 1'39.5 / 27
17. Thomas Luthi, Honda - 1'44.2 / 27

http://www.as.com/recorte.php?id=LCO&xref=20051109dasdasmot_1&type=Ies

Dani Pedrosa.

NINA_BCN
11-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Vermeulen: “The GSV-R is very easy to ride!” News, 10/11/05

Chris Vermeulen will be one of the rookie of the premier class in 2006, having joined Team Suzuki MotoGP after a successful season in WSBK and an impressive two-race stint at Camel Honda. The young Australian got his Suzuki career underway at the test held this week at Valencia, riding for the first time the GSV-R V4 prototype.

Despite poor weather conditions on Wednesday, Vermeulen was pleased with this first run on the Japanese machine he will race on next year alongside John Hopkins.

“I really enjoyed my first go on the bike. It made a lot of difference getting on the bike on Monday - with the bad weather conditions as they are,” said Vermeulen. “My first impressions are that the bike is very easy to ride and very comfortable. I really enjoyed working with the mechanics, they all have a lot of experience and they’re very methodical and really know what they are doing. We have a lot of work still to do but I am sure we can move in the right direction. I’m having fun, despite the weather!”

NINA_BCN
11-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Elías looks at ease on the RC211V
News, 10/11/05

Toni Elias enjoyed a satisfactory debut on the Honda RC211V on the first day of the Valencia test. The young Spaniard insisted after his first session on board the Honda MotoGP machine that he had enjoyed himself and felt comfortable on the bike he will race for Fausto Gresini’s team next season.

The Fortuna Honda rider admitted that the weather had not helped his adaptation to the bike despite the fact he managed to get in 34 laps of the Ricardo Tormo circuit.

“My first outing on the bike was quite satisfactory, I felt good. Despite not having been able to lap for too long because of the weather, I have to say I adapted well to the characteristics of the RC211V which is a very manageable bike and easy to handle,” Elias stated.

“There is still a lot of work ahead but I am really keen to get started. Right from the start I have felt very comfortable with the team, I really do feel at home. It’s a very professional team with great organisation and I’m sure we’ll achieve great things together.”

The Catalan’s new team-mate, Marco Melandri, spent very little time out on the track on Wednesday, completing just eight laps.

The World Championship runner-up, who was the surprise package of the 2005 season, was another frustrated by the bad weather which disrupted his plans for the session.

“We had an intense session with Michelin set up, but the weather did not let us carry it out. It was a real shame as we have lots of work to do,” declared Melandri. “We were hoping to try a new type of Michelin tyre, but we’ll have to wait now.”

The new pre-season test for the Fortuna Honda MotoGP team will be on the 28th,29th and 30th on November at the Malaysian circuit of Sepang.

alexito
11-11-2005, 12:40 AM
:lol:

Si que destacó. Fugazmente, eso sí :p, pero lo hizo. ;)

era un gran piloto fonsi, solo que siempre tuvo que luchar contra las motos oficiales aprilia que era super veloz. asi fueron campeones melandri y pogliani, con semejante moto, fonsi nunca tuvo una buena moto.

NINA_BCN
11-11-2005, 09:58 PM
era un gran piloto fonsi, solo que siempre tuvo que luchar contra las motos oficiales aprilia que era super veloz. asi fueron campeones melandri y pogliani, con semejante moto, fonsi nunca tuvo una buena moto.
Eso no es cierto. :p En el 2004 tuvo una moto megaoficial y no hizo nada de nada. :sad: Los lios con la Pataki lo llevaron de cabeza, o eso es lo que parecía. :rolleyes: En fin,...

NINA_BCN
11-11-2005, 09:59 PM
MotoGP stars gather for Italian Motorshow
News, 11/11/05

Several MotoGP stars, including World Champion Valentino Rossi, will take part in the Moto & Miti Championshow held this weekend at Pesaro, a popular Motorshow initiated by former Grand Prix winner Graziano Rossi, father of the seven-time World Champion.

The riders will compete in various exhibition events, including Supermotard, Rally, Kart and Minimoto races. The fans will also have the opportunity to wander in a virtual paddock made up by the teams involved in various World Championships.

“The idea is quite simple: the stars of the MotoGP World Championship joins us in Pesaro to have fun, the only rule of the competition is to let them enjoy themself,” explains Graziano Rossi. “Many motorshows have lost the passion factor from their sight, always reducing the space dedicated to two-wheel racing. The Championshow is a celebration of the sport and its stars. In Pesaro, there are no longer barriers between the fans and the riders so that everybody can bask in the sheer fun of the event.”

The Rally event will see Valentino Rossi racing against his own father, but also former 125 World Champion Andrea Dovizioso, MotoGP star Ruben Xaus and Italian up-and-comer Marco Simoncelli. They will be joined many other Grand Prix riders for the Supermotard race, including Mika Kallio, Ant West, Mattia Pasini. Other events will see the participation of Spanish youngster Hector Barbera and even the Yamaha Factory team manager Davide Brivio.

The Moto & Miti Championshow kicked off on Thursday, November 10th, in Pesaro, and will end on Sunday the 13th.

NINA_BCN
11-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Biaggi tackles leukaemia in charity game :yeah:
News, 11/11/05

MotoGP star Max Biaggi will line up for the prestigious Nazionale Piloti team who are to take part in a charity football game on Saturday afternoon. The match will take place at the Latina Stadium, near Rome, and will see the Nazionale Piloti play against a team formed by the stars of the Italian 'Big Brother' reality show.

The event is organized in collaboration with the Andrea Tudisco Onlus Association, which aims to provide support, assistance and psychological help to children with leukaemia and their families. The Association has undertaken various initiatives in the past like the Ludobus, and is now collecting funds to build a centre which is to be called 'La Casa de Andrea'.

Max Biaggi will be joined by 125cc World Champions Andrea Dovizioso and Roberto Locatelli, as well as various F1 stars past and present, including Giancarlo Fisichella, Vitantonio Liuzzi and Gabriele Tarquini.

NINA_BCN
11-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Rossi takes third test with Ferrari :scared:
News, 11/11/05

While many of his MotoGP colleagues were back on their bikes this week in Spain at the Valencia test, World Champion Valentino Rossi was busy on four wheels as he undertook another test in Ferrari's F1 car back in his native Italy.

On Wednesday the Doctor drove the Ferrari on the prestigious Italian car manufacturer's own test track in Fiorano, clocking up around 40 laps. He then headed to Mugello on Thursday, a track he knows perhaps better than any other having taken four consecutive wins there in the MotoGP class.

"I am happy to have had the chance to get back behind the wheel of a Ferrari Formula One car," Rossi stated. "On Wednesday I drove at Fiorano to re-acquaint myself with the car in preparation for these two days at Mugello, which is definitely a tough circuit. Obviously, I already knew the track, even if it is very different sitting in the cockpit from being on a bike. I was able to do around six hundred kilometres, increasing my understanding of the handling of the car on a very different track to Fiorano. I have to say it was a great experience and I want to thank Ferrari and all the engineers and mechanics who were with me on these fantastic days for once again giving me this opportunity."

It was the third time that Rossi has tested with the 'Prancing Horse' brand. On both days the seven-time World Champion drove Ferrari's 2004 F1 prototype. The Italian will swap back to two wheels by the end of the month as he starts Yamaha's winter testing programme at Sepang, Malaysia, kicking off his preparation for the 2006 season in which he will bid to retain the title in the premier class for the sixth consecutive year.

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/chrono/20051111/09/2916806304.jpg

NINA_BCN
11-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Stoner 'at the front within two-years'. ;)
Fri 11 Nov, 11:24 AM

It will take Casey Stoner less than two-years to run at the front of MotoGP - that's the verdict of Honda Pons team boss, Sito Pons, after the young Australian's impressive RCV debut at Valencia on Wednesday.

Advertisement
Stoner finished a head turning fourth fastest - and top rookie - on his MotoGP debut at a cold and windy Valencia; the 20-year-old lapping just 0.6secs from fastest man Nicky Hayden after his first 69-laps on Honda's V5 prototype.

Stoner further underlined his talent by outpacing fellow Pons rider Carlos Checa - who has just completed his tenth season of racing in the premier-class - by 0.1secs. Unlike the Spaniard, who fell on his third lap, Stoner's run was also mistake free.

"Casey is fast and calm and he showed today that within two-years he can challenge to be at the top of the sport," Australia's The Advertiser newspaper reports Pons as saying. "He has a big talent for MotoGP."

To put that time span into perspective, Hayden and Marco Melandri - Valentino Rossi's nearest title challengers this season - were well into their third season of MotoGP competition before they won a race.

Stoner has reportedly signed a dream three-year deal to join the likes of Hayden and Melandri on Honda machinery, and is all but certain to spend the first year of that agreement at the Pons team - with Checa as his team-mate - although no official 2006 Pons line-up has yet been announced.

Meanwhile, as well as outpacing the likes of Checa and new Ducati signing Sete Gibernau, Stoner was also quicker than arch-rival Dani Pedrosa - the man whom Stoner lost out to in the 2005 250cc World championship.

Triple world champion Pedrosa will ride for the factory Repsol Honda Team next season, and is the most high profile rookie to enter the class since Valentino Rossi in 2000, but on Wednesday he was left half a second behind Stoner - a result which Casey admitted drawing pleasure from.

"It was pretty cool going out on the track on the same bike, at the same time, as Dani," confirmed Stoner, who rode for Aprilia this season. "There is a little bit of rivalry between us and I think we both have the goal of beating each other."

JuchuPati
11-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Eso no es cierto. :p En el 2004 tuvo una moto megaoficial y no hizo nada de nada. :sad: Los lios con la Pataki lo llevaron de cabeza, o eso es lo que parecía. :rolleyes: En fin,...

ajajjaa pues mira lo que le ha durado la pataki (bastante)...y lo q ha tardado en casarse. por cierto, que guapa es la mujer :) es que el nombre es pelín raro. estos canarios..puff :o

NINA_BCN
11-12-2005, 07:58 PM
ajajjaa pues mira lo que le ha durado la pataki (bastante)...y lo q ha tardado en casarse. por cierto, que guapa es la mujer :) es que el nombre es pelín raro. estos canarios..puff :o
¿Raro el nombre de su mujer? :confused: Ariadne. :o La verdad es que yo lo había escuchado acabado en A, Ariadna, y me parece mucho más bonito. :p Si es que con los nombres pasa lo mismo que con los colores, que para gustos... :rolleyes:

JuchuPati
11-13-2005, 03:13 AM
¿Raro el nombre de su mujer? :confused: Ariadne. :o La verdad es que yo lo había escuchado acabado en A, Ariadna, y me parece mucho más bonito. :p Si es que con los nombres pasa lo mismo que con los colores, que para gustos... :rolleyes:
.....los colores :D

:wavey: alicia!!

NINA_BCN
11-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Sete Gibernau's crew chief Juan Martinez has moved with him from Honda to Ducati. ;) He'll need a lot of support in this new adventure. :rolleyes:

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/crashnet/20051111/10/1699998661.jpg

NINA_BCN
11-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Stoner and Checa in Honda Pons pits during the first winter test in Valencia. ;)

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/crashnet/20051110/15/257113412.jpg http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/crashnet/20051110/15/3039316245.jpg

NINA_BCN
11-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Byrne confirms BSB move
News, 15/11/05

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne will compete in the 2006 British Superbike Championship for the Rizla Suzuki team. The 28 year old Briton, who won the British Superbike Championship in 2003 and then spent two tough years racing in the ultra-competitive MotoGP class with Aprilia and Team Roberts, signed a contract with Rizla Suzuki last week.

“I had options in World Superbike, MotoGP and British Superbikes and I chose Rizla Suzuki,” enthused the Londoner. “I'm all done with not winning and having no fun racing. I want to be at the front again - something that's not happened much in the last two years for me in MotoGP.”

“When considering my options, what was most important to me was to know which team could provide the best possible package to win races. Rizla Suzuki came out head and shoulders above the rest in any Championship. I want to win and have fun next year and this is the perfect team for me. I'm delighted to be a Rizla Suzuki rider. BSB is going to be interesting next year - the series is real competitive and I'm coming back with the best team to get my Championship back.”

Byrne will make his on-track debut for the Rizla Suzuki team in a Spanish test in December.

NINA_BCN
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Talmacsi close to Scot Honda deal :p
News, 15/11/05

Gabor Talmacsi is set for a switch from KTM to Honda as he's close to sign a deal with the Scot Honda team. The Hungarian, who finished third overall in the 125cc World Championship, has turned down an offer from KTM to continue their partnership in 2006.

The rider manager, Stefano Favaro, explained that Talmacsi didn't accept an offer to remain in the 125cc Red Bull KTM team as the second rider and he is close to secure another ride for the Hungarian.

Scot Honda offers him the opportunity to ride a factory Honda, with full backing from the Japanese manufacturer and the support of the crew which helped Andrea Dovizioso clinch the 2004 crown.

The deal should be signed today, November 15th, and Talmacsi could make his Honda debut later this month as the team will take part in a two-day test at Jerez, Spain.

“I'm pleased to know where I'm going next year. It's nice to end a positive year that way,” said Talmacsi. “I'm happy to get the number 1 status in a very competitive team. I have to thank KTM for this season, because it was my best year since my Grand Prix debut. By mid-season, I believed I had some chances to fight for the title, but unfortunately, I made a few mistakes with which all my options vanished.”

His manager Favaro said: “I think we made the best choice by turning down KTM and going for Honda. We are pleased to see an Italian company like Scot trusting in Gabor. The season has just finished but he'll back to work pretty soon.”

NINA_BCN
11-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Rossi to face Colin McRae in Monza Rally (Back to four wheels) :p
News, 15/11/05

Valentino Rossi will enjoy some four-wheel fun in next weekend's Monza Rally, driving a WRC-spec rally car in the event held at the famous Italian circuit.

The Yamaha rider had a shakedown in last weekend's Moto & Miti Championshow in Pesaro, where he took part in rally and karting events alongside several MotoGP stars. Rossi has had several rally outings in the past, and even took part in the British RAC Rally three years ago.

Rossi will team-up with an experienced co-driver, Carlo Cassina, a former World Champion alongside Mike Biasion. Driving a Subaru Impreza WRC, Rossi will be one of the main stars of the event along with WRC Legend Colin McRae who will be driving a Skoda Fabia.

Rossi and McRae will also face the best Italian drivers in the event finale, the Master Show, a competition held on a 1.5 km course set on the main straight of the Monza circuit.

Several well-known figures from the MotoGP paddock will also take part in the Master Show including Yamaha Factory team manager Davide Brivio, who will be joined by Graziano Rossi in another Subaru Impreza. Brivio's brother Roberto, who also works in the Yamaha garage as Colin Edwards's mechanic, will enter the event in a Fiat Punto alongside Alessio Salucci - better known as Uccio, Valentino Rossi's close friend and ‘right-hand man’.

NINA_BCN
11-17-2005, 12:40 PM
MotoGP Stars support American youngster
News, 16/11/05

A print autographed by many MotoGP stars is currently auctioned on ebay in order to raise funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in the name of seven-year old Josh Serne, a young American who's pursuing his dream of becoming a professional rider despite being diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at the age of 2.

Josh’s friends have presented him with a racing portrait of his very own just before the Red Bull US Grand Prix, which he attended. One custom print of that painting has been produced with the sole purpose of gathering the signatures of motorcycle racers, past and present.

65 riders signed the print, including legends such as Kevin Schwantz, Kenny Roberts, Eddie Lawson and Randy Mamola, but also most of the current MotoGP stars, Valentino Rossi, Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards, Marco Melandri, Max Biaggi and cie.

Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is a genetic disease affecting approximately 30,000 children and adults in the United States. A defective gene causes the body to produce abnormally thick, sticky mucus that clogs the lungs and leads to life threatening lung infections. These thick secretions also obstruct the pancreas, preventing digestive enzymes from reaching the intestines to help break down and absorb food.

The mission of the CF Foundation is to assure the development of the means to cure and control CF and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease. It funds medical research and care programs, which are improving the length and quality of life for people with CF.

To learn more about Cystic Fibrosis visit www.cff.org

To learn more about Joshua visit www.team65.net

Good luck Josh!!! :hug: :hug:

NINA_BCN
11-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Dr Costa honoured by his peers ;)
News, 16/11/05

MotoGP most famous doctor, Claudio Costa, received an academic honorific degree, a Honoris Causa Laurea, during the 2nd National Convention on ‘Motion Sciences and Sport’ recently held at Genova, Italy.

Doctor Claudio Costa is the man behind the Clinica Mobile, which provides medical attention to the Grand Prix riders since the seventies.

“My history begins with my father's, and with a couple of events that strengthen my feelings about motorcycling,” recalled Costa. “There were two events that had a major influence on my path: the death of Ray Amm, on his debut with MV at the 2nd Coppa d'Oro Shell the 11th of April 1955 - and I remember that day my only desire was to take him back from death - and the 4th Coppa d'Oro in 1957. I was there when Duke fell with his Gilera 500, I jumped on the track and took him out of the track, pulling away his bike as well, not to be a danger for the other riders.”

Since its creation, the Clinica Mobile has become an incredibly efficient medical facility for the MotoGP World Championship riders.

“This is a honour I'm very pleased to receive, but I will take this for all the rides who have demonstrated that motion functions are fundamental for recovering from an injury. I'm taking this for all those who stood up promptly from injuries and diseases to come back into action and fight for their goals.”

Dr Costa attended the ceremony with his staff, but the Clinica Mobile – which he refers to as the ‘Home of Heroes’ - was also on display for this special occasion.
“It’s not only a travelling hospital, but also the home of those who managed to fight back, in the search of their own dream and sometimes from their own doom.”

NINA_BCN
11-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Hofmann unsure about MotoGP future (Sorry germans :hug: :hug: )
News, 17/11/05

Alex Hofmann is looking at various options outside MotoGP as he still hasn't secured a ride for 2006. After an injury-plagued season with the Kawasaki Racing Team, the German rider parted ways with the Japanese manufacturer as they chose to bid on French hope Randy de Puniet.

“So far, I'm still not sure about what I will do from now. As everybody knows, all the best rides in MotoGP are already taken and the rides still available depend on funding,” commented Hofmann.

“On my side, it's not like I'm trying to get anywhere at any cost. I'm considering the possibility to switch to Superbikes, but if this option doesn't work out, I think I can land a role as a test rider or a substitute rider. Unfortunately, I already went through this in 2002. But in any case, I'll do all I can to get a good bike.”

For his last appearance on the Ninja ZX-RR, the Kawasaki Racing Team gathered to bid a fond farewell to Hofmann at Valencia and he was presented a replica Ninja ZX-RR mini-bike by team-manager Harald Eckl, who declared:
“I appreciate very much everything that Alex has done for the team, and it is not easy for me to say goodbye to him. Alex has been a committed member of our team for three years, and he has earned his place in MotoGP. It goes without saying that I, and everyone else in the team, wish him all the very best for the future.”

NINA_BCN
11-18-2005, 12:09 PM
The winter sessions are coming!!!! :woohoo:

Checa confident ahead of Sepang test with Honda Pons ;)
News, 17/11/05

Carlos Checa will fly to Malaysia with the Honda Pons team next week for the last testing session of the winter, at Sepang, where several MotoGP teams will conclude their 2005 schedule. The team managed by former 250cc World Champion Sito Pons still has to secure the budget required to take part in the 2006 MotoGP World Championship, but Checa explained to motogp.com that he was confident about the future of the Spanish-based Honda outfit.

“My options with Sito's team are pretty clear - now we just need to get the funds to race next year. If we can get a sponsor, I will race with them next year, and I'm sure things will work out, I have no doubt about the fact that they will be able to find a solution,” said Checa, who already tested with the team alongside Aussie youngster Casey Stoner last week in Valencia.

“After seven years, I'm back with a team I'm fond of, unfortunately, Antonio Cobas is no longer with us, but I'm working again with (chief mechanic) Santi Mulero, Ramón Forcada and many others, it's a really great team. I have a very special relationship with Mulero, someone I've always been very close to. I'm pleased with this new project, because if it hadn't been this year, I wouldn't have had another opportunity to work with them again.”

“We have a good bike, but for me it's all about the people you work with, and this group of people is very strong. In Valencia, I had a really good feeling and we'll carry on like this in Malaysia.”

NINA_BCN
11-19-2005, 02:59 PM
News of the 125cc class. ;)

Talmacsi reflects on KTM break-up and Honda future
Interview, 18/11/05

Gabor Talmacsi recently signed a two-year deal with Scot Honda and now looks forward to his first test session of the winter with the Italian team as he should make his first outing on his new factory Honda RSW125 in early December at Valencia. Before opening this new chapter of his career, the Hungarian commented his fallout with the Red Bull KTM after the infamous Qatari incident, which pushed him to look for another ride for 2006.

“At Motegi, during the Japanese GP, we reached an agreement with (team principal) Harald Bartol so I could move up to the 250cc class next year, but after my win in Qatar, my situation in the team changed,” explains Talmacsi. “At the end of the season, I was told that the deal was no longer valid and they offered me something else, they didn't trust me. I was really keen to move up in 250cc, but all my plans changed.”

“I felt lonely and misunderstood. In the last few races, there was quite a lot of pressure on me. All I did was fighting for the title as long as I had a mathematical chance, and after I did all I could to help Kallio to win the Championship,” he reckons.

Having joined the team which helped Andrea Dovizioso to win the 125cc World Championship in 2004, Talmacsi has already set high aims for next season.

“My goal should be to fight for the title, but it won't be easy as the class will be very competitive again,” he says. “I still have to ride the bike to get an idea of what my chances will be. But anyway, I always liked Honda and I think it's the bike with the best potential.”

NINA_BCN
11-19-2005, 03:02 PM
And news of the 250cc class. :yeah:

Poggiali and Aoyama to spearhead KTM 250cc effort
News, 18/11/05

KTM confirmed its 250cc and 125cc line-up for the 2006 season, with Manuel Poggiali and Hiroshi Aoyama teaming-up to compete under the Austrian manufacturer colours in the quarter-litre category, while Mika Kallio and Julián Simón will aim for the title in the minor class.

125 and 250 World Champion Manuel Poggiali will head back to the 250cc class after a lacklustre campaign with Gilera in the 125cc 2005 World Championship. The San Marinese had clinched his first world title in 2001 on a Gilera designed by Austrian guru Harald Bartol, now the mastermind of KTM's Grand Prix effort.

Hiroshi Aoyama will switch to KTM after spending most of his career on Honda machinery, including his two first seasons in Grand Prix racing as Dani Pedrosa's team-mate. The Japanese took his first Grand Prix win this year at Motegi.

Australian rider Anthony West, who secured KTM's first 250cc podium by taking second in the wet at Donington Park on his debut with the Austrian machine, is under contract with KTM for another season and should be the team's test-rider. However, a spokesperson for the team indicated that he could be released if he was to be offered another ride.

The 250cc outfit will test at Jerez, Spain, from the 28th to the 30th of November, and will head to the Almeria circuit afterwards, where they will be joined by the 125cc team.

NINA_BCN
11-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Rossi beats McRae in Monza Rally Showdown :eek: :lol:
News, 21/11/05

MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi had the opportunity to display his sheer speed on four-wheels in last weekend’s Monza Rally Show in Italy, as he teamed-up with Carlo Cassina to compete on a Subaru Impreza WRC prepared by Prodrive.

The Doctor took second overall in the main event, as he was beaten by just 5.6s by Italian veteran Dindo Capello, but he shone in the final showdown which saw the drivers going head-to-head on a 1,500m gymkhana set in the main straight of the Monza circuit.

Valentino Rossi has successively beaten Felice Re and Rinaldo Capello to qualify for the finale, which saw him face former WRC Champion Colin McRae. The Yamaha rider eventually took victory by just 1.390s ahead of the Scottish legend, who was driving a Skoda Fabia WRC.

Rossi will be back on two-wheels next week as he’ll be testing in Sepang, Malaysia, with the Yamaha Factory team.

NINA_BCN
11-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Poggiali ready for KTM challenge (Good luck, Manuel!!!! :hug: )
Interview, 22/11/05

Former 250 and 125 World Champion Manuel Poggiali will give an interesting twist to his Grand Prix career by joining KTM’s 250cc effort, in a bid to bounce back after the two disappointing seasons which followed his title-winning campaign in 2003.

Poggiali should make his debut on orange machinery within a couple of weeks, as he’ll team-up with Hiroshi Aoyama to develop the 250cc KTM under the guidance of Harald Bartol, which contributed to his first World title, in the 125cc class, under Gilera colours back in 2001.

“I haven't had the chance to ride the new bike yet, but I should test in Spain, at the Almeria circuit, in early December,” said Poggiali. “Of course, it's still early to talk about this new project with KTM, but I already know most of the team as I previously worked with them, so I'm quite confident anyway.”

“I never worked with Hiroshi Aoyama, but I hope we can do a great job working on the development of the bike. That will be the main thing, we'll have to focus on the development of the machine to make it competitive as soon as possible.”

“Of course my previous experience in the 250cc will be some kind of reference point, but I don't think too much about that. Working on this new bike, it's like starting from a blank sheet.”

“I feel pretty fit and the fact of moving back to the 250cc shouldn't be a problem in terms of fitness,” he continued. “I enjoyed a brief holiday right after the last race in Valencia and after we do some testing in December, I'll stay at home to get ready for January. That's when the pre-season will begin to be serious for us - in fact, that's when the season starts for us: from then, there will be no or little break until November!”

NINA_BCN
11-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Ellison to join Yamaha Tech 3 at Sepang test
Interview, 21/11/05

Briton James Ellison will take part to the test held next week at the Sepang circuit, in Malaysia, with the Yamaha Tech 3 team. He will ride the 2005 version of the YZR-M1, shod for the first time with Dunlop tyres as confirmed team manager Hervé Poncharal.

“We’ll fly to Sepang on Friday and we’ll test for three days with James Ellison,” said Poncharal. “He will have the bikes Toni (Elias) used this year, and will ride on Dunlop tyres.”

“However, it doesn’t confirm our plans for 2006,” stressed the Frenchman. “Anyway, this test should be interesting as there will be a strong presence of the Dunlop people, they seem determined to bring their MotoGP effort to another level.”

When it came to comment on his team’s 2006 plans, Poncharal admitted that many things were still in the air: “So far, there’s nothing signed, neither with the rider nor with Dunlop. We still have to go through various things, as it’s the case of the other satellite teams.”

The Yamaha Tech 3 team could be sized-down to a single rider next year, a situation Poncharal hopes to avoid.

“At the moment, we are looking at the option to line-up a sole rider, even if I think it’s a heresy – relying on a single rider is risky, but it’s also costly, as having only one rider doesn’t mean that you’ll spend half from what you need for a two-rider team.”

“So we’ll do everything so we can line up two riders in 2006. MotoGP is a great showcase and the satellite teams have an important part to play : it’s not about making numbers on the grid, but about having competitive riders in the pack, a Grand Prix is not only a fight for victory.”

NINA_BCN
11-26-2005, 12:33 PM
MotoGP Academy riders set to sign off at Jerez
News, 25/11/05

The last round of the Spanish 125cc Championship will take place this weekend at Jerez, giving the opportunity to the MotoGP Academy riders to cap the year with another outing on a Grand Prix venue.

British youngster Bradley Smith will look to sign off in style, after taking consecutive victories in the two previous rounds, at Albacete and Valencia. He's currently the highest-placed MotoGP Academy rider in the Championship with third overall, while his team-mate Efrén Vazquez holds fifth.

Bradley Smith still has remote chances to win the title, but the two main contenders are Stefano Bianco and Mateo Tunez. Bianco took the lead of the Spanish series last weekend in Valencia but only has a two-point advantage over Grand Prix regular Túnez.

Other riders to watch out for this weekend will be British riders Dan Linfoot and James Westmorland, but also Stefan Bradl riding the KTM and Spanish riders Alvaro Bautista, Julián Miralles, Angel Rodríguez and Manuel Hernández.

NINA_BCN
11-26-2005, 12:34 PM
De Angelis confirmed at Team Aspar for 2006 :yeah:
News, 25/11/05

Aprilia rider Alex de Angelis has joined the Aspar 250cc team, completing Jorge Martinez 2006’ effort as his outfit will enter both 250cc and 125cc classes next year.

De Angelis will be the fifth Aspar rider after the Valencia-based team announced a few days ago that Mattia Pasini would join the 125cc team alongside Héctor Faubel, Sergio Gadea and Mateo Túnez.

“I think the 2006 line-up is a 100% winning team because we have experienced riders in the shape of Mattia, Héctor and Gadea in 125cc and de Angelis in 250cc, whilst for Túnez this will be another learning year although I think he will give us more than the odd good race,” said Jorge Martinez 'Aspar'.

De Angelis, who signed a two-year deal with Aprilia before the end of the season, is confident about his new venture with the Aspar team.

“Next season will be my third in the category and the second time that I have worked with the Aspar Team,” said the San Marinese. “Personally I have always had a good relationship with the team and with Jorge.

From a technical point of view I can’t say anything yet because we haven’t had the chance to work together but I think they did a good job in 2005.”

“I still haven’t considered my objectives for next season, first of all I have to get to know the technical staff, complete the first tests and then start to set some clear goals. There will clearly be a lot of rivalry and quality within the class but right now we are in good shape to run at the front.”

NINA_BCN
11-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Konica Minolta Honda confirms 2006 package
News, 25/11/05

Konica Minolta Honda team manager Luca Montiron has confirmed that his outfit will retain the same Honda-Michelin package for next year’s MotoGP World Championship.

“Our team has secured the package with the Honda RC211V, Michelin tyres and the financial support from Konica Minolta,” he said.

Montiron cleared up the doubts raised over the future of his partnership with Michelin as the team won’t be testing in Sepang next week.

“Testing in November is, in my opinion, not the best way to start our preparation for the Championship,” explained the Italian.

“We are going to visit Sepang twice, in January and February and then we’ll be able to test all we want. Last year, Tamada became one of the fastest riders during winter testing outside Europe, but when we returned to work in Europe the difference of temperature caused him a loss of feeling. We prefer to test with lower temperatures and work in these conditions´

“There are not substantial changes compared to the 2005 season. We hope to maintain the stability in our project. We maintain the same package and, besides the experience gained during this year, our hopes are focussed on improving our results with Michelin tyres. The winter break will be useful to recover and return stronger for the 2006 season.”

NINA_BCN
11-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Vermeulen speaks ahead of Sepang test
News, 26/11/05

After a positive first test with Team Suzuki MotoGP at Valencia, Chris Vermeulen will continue his adaptation to the GSV-R next week in a three-day test at Sepang. The young Australian enjoyed an impressive debut on the Suzuki and already feels comfortable with the bike and his new team.

“The first thing that struck me is how comfortable and easy the bike is to ride straight out of the box, it is lacking in power at the moment compared to some other bikes, but the team know that and that’s what we are working on for 2006,” he said.

“My crew are a great bunch of guys and they have so much experience. Their work is very methodical and nothing is a problem to change and they work so well between themselves.”

A former WSBK star, Vermeulen is facing up to the challenge of riding a prototype bike which uses the most advanced technologies, such as carbon brakes and sophisticated engine management systems. He admits it has not proved easy, but is enjoying testing himself. “So far the transition hasn't been easy, the only thing a Superbike has in common is the amount of power it produces. Other than that a MotoGP bike is built as a race bike and there are so many more things you can adjust with the bike to make it work for you, this is the difficult part learning about this, but when you get it right, man they go fast!”

Another novelty for the Aussie are the Bridgestone tyres: “I was very surprised with the grip of the Bridgestone tyres, especially in the front and how much lean angle I can carry using them. They are also a great company to work with.”

After completing the last test session of the year in Malaysia, he will head back home to Australia where he will resume training to ensure he is fully fit for the extreme physical demands of his rookie year in the premier class.
“The winter (summer in Australia) is the period where I train the hardest of all the season to get myself to a fitness level that I can maintain during the year,” he explained. “I do a lot of running, mountain biking, motocross and some gym work, I am also very active with surfing and working on my farm, that all keeps me pretty fit.”

NINA_BCN
11-28-2005, 07:30 PM
The winter season has started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :banana: :banana:

MotoGP action resume with hot first day at Sepang
Report, 28/11/05

Testing kicked off today at the Sepang circuit, in Malaysia, with a first day marked by high temperatures and humidity. All the Honda MotoGP teams are gathered at the Malaysian venue for this test, with the exception of Makoto Tamada's Konica Minolta Honda team. Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa resumed his work on a tailor-made version of the RC211V, with a smaller tail, foot pegs anchored differently and even an isolated exhaust tube as the Spaniard was previously bothered by the excessive heat.

Toni Elias was another rider building-up experience on the 4-stroke Honda, alongside his Fortuna Honda team-mate, Marco Melandri. The Honda Pons team was also resuming their winter schedule with Carlos Checa and Casey Stoner.

Suzuki's John Hopkins was the first rider to hit the track, riding the new version of the GSV-R while Chris Vermeulen lapped on the 2005 machine. The Australian should test the latest version of the Japanese prototype tomorrow.

In the Yamaha camp, Valentino Rossi focussed on tyre testing, before riding the new M1 which was plan to debut on Tuesday. Yamaha test riders Norihiko Fujiwara and Wataru Yoshikawa were the first riders to test the new bike. On this occasion, Rossi was sporting his #7 white crash helmet, with which he celebrated his seventh World title at the Grand Prix held in Malaysia, back in September.

"It has been a long year! A few days ago, I drove in a Rally event, I had some fun testing a Formula 1 car, I could relax a bit but now, at this time of the year, I begin to feel tired! I tried the new M1 prototype and we made a few adjustments. There aren't big differences with the old one, we just have to see if it's quicker and if we are headed in the right direction," said Rossi.

Elsewhere, this first day of testing saw James Ellison make his debut with the Tech3 team on a Dunlop-shod Yamaha. French rookie Randy de Puniet continued his adaptation to the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR, while Shinya Nakano started to work on the 2006 version of the bike.

Unofficial times

1. Marco Melandri Fortuna Honda 2.02.95 ;)
2. Nicky Hayden Repsol Honda 2.03.20
3. Carlos Checa Honda Pons 2.03.58 :yeah:
4. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda 2.03.75 :eek:
5. Colin Edwards Gauloises Yamaha 2.03.78
6. Valentino Rossi Gauloises Yamaha 2.03.80
7 Toni Elias Fortuna Honda 2.04.05
8. John Hopkins Suzuki 2.04.13
9. Casey Stoner Honda Pons 2.04.29
10. Shinya Nakano Kawasaki 2.04.90
11. James Ellison Yamaha 2.05.10
12. Chris Vermuelen Suzuki 2.05.56
13. Randy de Puniet Kawasaki 2.05.60

NINA_BCN
11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Ducati’s 2006 contender hits the track at Jerez test
Report, 28/11/05

The Ducati Desmosedici GP6 took to the track today for its maiden run at the circuit that will host the opening round of the 2006 MotoGP World Championship.

Unfortunately the rain that had fallen during the night delayed the start of testing: in the morning both Ducati Marlboro Team riders were only able to carry out a rapid bike 'shakedown', but they took to the track again at around 1.30 pm and continued testing for the rest of the day.

With low temperatures and damp patches around the Spanish track, conditions were not ideal, but Loris Capirossi and Sete Gibernau were able to put in their first serious laps with the Italian manufacturer's new bike in the afternoon.

Loris and Sete also had the 2005 version available in the pit garage for eventual back-to-back tests but on this first day they concentrated exclusively on the new GP6. Loris Capirossi, who set a best time of 1m42.644s in his 35 laps, was already able to give some positive impressions.

`Despite the fact that the track was not in the best condition, I got a good feeling from the new bike´, declared Loris. `I immediately felt OK on it and that's positive. We did a good job today and started off in the best possible way. As the conditions were not so good, we mainly focussed on engine management to improve the bike's 'rideability' rather than suspension set-up or tyres. On this track in these conditions you can do a good job and that's what we did today. Hopefully tomorrow we'll wake up with some good weather´.

It was also the first time out on the 2006 bike for Sete Gibernau, who spent the day getting used to his new team, machine and surroundings. Today was virtually a debut for Sete with Ducati, seeing as in the previous test at Valencia the weather conditions did not allow him to do any serious testing. The Spanish rider completed 52 laps, his best time being 1m42.606s.

`It was a good day today" commented the Spanish rider at the end of the session. `First impressions were good and I am more and more convinced that I made the right decision, especially because I can see that everyone, members of the team and Bridgestone personnel included, really want to do well and they have a lot of faith in me: that was what I was looking for and I'm happy to have found it. We've got a lot of work to do but the most important thing is that everyone has a great desire to work! Today I started to get familiar with the Ducati and the Bridgestone tyres as well as the team's working method. Let's hope tomorrow will bring some good weather so we can continue working like we did today´.

There were also several 250cc teams on track today, including the official Honda 250cc outfit, now spearheaded by Sebas Porto, but also Andrea Dovizioso’s Scot Honda team. Aprilia privateers Alvaro Molina and Nicola Milovanovic completed the list, while KTM didn’t turn up. BQR Honda couldn’t take part to the test as their two riders are currently injured.

Unofficial Times
1. Sete Gibernau - Ducati MotoGP) 1'42.606 - 52 Laps
2. Loris Capirossi - Ducati MotoGP 1'42.644 - 35

3. Sebas Porto - Honda250cc 1'45.898 - 38
4. Andrea Dovizioso - Honda 250cc 1'46.548 - 49
5. Álvaro Molina - Aprilia 250cc 1'49.049 - 46
6. Nicola Milanovic - Aprilia 250cc 2'00.174

NINA_BCN
11-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Different approaches for Repsol Honda riders
News, 28/11/05

The two-man Repsol Honda factory team will be comprised of Nicky Hayden and Dani Pedrosa in 2006 with the two riders approaching the Sepang test with vastly different objectives. Former US Superbike Champion Hayden, now a three-year MotoGP veteran, will bear the brunt of RCV testing at Sepang with his new team-mate, reigning double 250cc World Champion Pedrosa, continuing his education in the senior category of motorcycle racing.

Hayden, who completed 52 laps around Malaysian circuit on Monday, tested a combination of the latest chassis developments from HRC and a range of front and rear tyres.

"A decent day's work looking back on it," the American stated. "Good weather this afternoon and we just kept chipping away at the job all across the board and we made good progress in some places. A few things I really liked about the bike today, we tried some chassis changes and they helped a lot, like going into the corners the bike is better and that was good for my confidence. We also tested front and rear tyres for Michelin which seem pretty good. We have to work hard at this test and get more consistent.

A lot of guys are working hard for me here and we have to take a lot out of this test."

Pedrosa spent his day racking up as many kilometres as possible on the 990cc 240 PS plus GP machine, growing more and more confident as the day wore on. The current 250cc World Champion rode on a specifically taylored RC211V machine which had some adjustments to suit his height.

"I was looking to get a good feeling on the bike try to find the best riding position for me get comfortable. Then just ride and get more information for the team and gain experience with the bike, engine chassis and tyres. The mechanics need experience with the new group, everybody has to grow up together," the Spaniard commented. "I think we made big improvements in confidence compared to the test at Valencia, I am now much more confident on the bike. Braking hard on this high bike was much better than the last time I tested it. We only tried two different types of Michelin tyres today. I don't have any experience of the Michelin tyres so we let Michelin do our thinking for me today because they know the tyres, me and my chief mechanic, Michael Leitner, don't have the experience yet. But I could feel the front end pushing but I think that was coming from the big rear tyre."

"The step up to MotoGP is very big, much bigger than from 125 to 250. But I like the Sepang circuit and that will help during this test."

NINA_BCN
11-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Rossi already pleased with ’06 M1
News, 29/11/05

The second day of testing at Sepang was positive for Yamaha’s Valenino Rossi, who was pleased with the performances and handling of the prototype version of the 2006 YZR-M1.

At one point, a minor incident saw him cruise back to his box with a smoking machine, but apart from this small mechanical failure, it was a fruitful day for Rossi.

“The engine didn’t blow up, but we changed the one we used in the morning because the feeling wasn’t that good. Today we were faster, the changes we made proved useful so I’m quite happy,” he explained to motogp.com.

“The bike we’ll race in 2006 will be different from this prototype, but it’s already more stable on the brakes than the 2005 version, which was a bit jittery. The power delivery is smoother and it accelerates more progressively.”

“Overall, I had a pretty good feeling and we were quick with both bikes. We had done a good work on the 2005 bike so we could get good times, and today the track condition was better.”

Before packing up on Wednesday evening, his team-mate Colin Edwards will also have the opportunity to test the new bike.

NINA_BCN
11-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Testing continues at Sepang
Report, 29/11/05

The MotoGP teams continued their testing programme today at Sepang and enjoyed improved conditions compared to Monday, allowing the riders to enter the track early on in the morning.

World Champion Valentino Rossi resumed his work on the new Yamaha YZR-M1, spending the whole day on the 2006 machine. The Italian posted the fastest time of the day, ahead of the new Fortuna Honda duet formed by Marco Melandri and Toni Elias.

Kawasaki also launched their 2006 prototype at Sepang. Shinya Nakano was pleased with the new package which features a new chassis and a new engine, more powerful and which improves the bike handling thanks to a more effective power delivery. The test of the new bike were so positive that the Japanese rider only focuses on this machine, while his team-mate Randy de Puniet continued to work on the 2005 Ninja ZX-RR.

Honda Pons’ Casey Stoner and Carlos Checa were also riding the teams’ 2005 bikes, while the Yamaha Tech 3 ·has a new package for this three-day test: a Dunlop-shod 2005 YZR M1. Team manager Hervé Poncharal praised the work of Briton James Ellison, underlining his excellent feedback, even if they still have to assess the potential of the Dunlop tires compared to Michelin and Bridgestone’s products. Ellison was the only rider to complete a race simulation on this second day.

At Suzuki, John Hopkins continued to work on the 2006 GSV-R prototype, which like the Kawasaki prototype, features a new chassis and a new engine, while Chris Vermeulen was still learning the Sepang track before possibly testing the new bike on Wednesday.

Unofficial lap times:
1. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha, 2’02.61 :aplot:
2. Marco Melandri (ITA) Honda, 2’02.65
3. Toni Elias (SPA) Honda, 2’02.78 :yeah:
4. Colin Edwards (USA) Yamaha, 2’02.94
5. Carlos Checa (SPA) Honda, 2’02.96
6. Nicky Hayden (USA) Honda, 2’03.05
7. John Hopkins (USA) Suzuki, 2’03.10
8. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Honda, 2’03.15
9. Shinya Nakano (JPN) Kawasaki, 2’03.52
10. Casey Stoner (AUS) Honda, 2’03.56
11. Chris Vermuelen (AUS) Suzuki, 2’04.50
12. Randy de Puniet (FRA) Kawasaki, 2’04.50 (Allez Randy!!!) ;)
13. James Ellison (GBR) Yamaha, 2’05.52

alexito
11-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Pedrosa sorprende con el mejor crono en el último día de test en Malasia

Dani Pedrosa se ha convertido en la gran sorpresa de la tercera y última jornada del Test en Sepang, al cerrar el día como el piloto más rápido de MotoGP. El español ha encabezado la tabla de tiempos con un mejor registro de 2'02.77, mejorando en dos centésimas la marca de su compañero de filas, Nicky Hayden, que ha sido segundo.

El tres veces Campeón del Mundo ha demostrado por tanto la buena evolución que está siguiendo en su adaptación a la nueva montura. Tras tres jornadas impecables en las que no ha sufrido una sola caída y que ha cerrado con el mejor tiempo en el último día de ensayos, el piloto catalán vuelve a casa con la satisfacción del trabajo bien hecho.

MotoGP.com te ofrece unas declaraciones en exclusiva con el talentoso piloto español, en las que Pedrosa ha hecho un balance de su trabajo en el circuito malayo y que tienes a tu disposición en la sección Videos, junto a otras entrevistas con los principales protagonistas del Test de Sepang.

Aunque el español siempre se ha mostrado cauto y ha señalado su primera temporada en MotoGP como de aprendizaje en la categoría reina, sus resultados en Malasia no hacen si no aumentar aún más la gran expectación que se ha generado alrededor de su debut en la nueva cilindrada y sobre su capacidad de hacer sombra a las grandes estrellas, como Valentino Rossi.

NINA_BCN
12-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Pedrosa sorprende con el mejor crono en el último día de test en Malasia

Dani Pedrosa se ha convertido en la gran sorpresa de la tercera y última jornada del Test en Sepang, al cerrar el día como el piloto más rápido de MotoGP. El español ha encabezado la tabla de tiempos con un mejor registro de 2'02.77, mejorando en dos centésimas la marca de su compañero de filas, Nicky Hayden, que ha sido segundo.

El tres veces Campeón del Mundo ha demostrado por tanto la buena evolución que está siguiendo en su adaptación a la nueva montura. Tras tres jornadas impecables en las que no ha sufrido una sola caída y que ha cerrado con el mejor tiempo en el último día de ensayos, el piloto catalán vuelve a casa con la satisfacción del trabajo bien hecho.

MotoGP.com te ofrece unas declaraciones en exclusiva con el talentoso piloto español, en las que Pedrosa ha hecho un balance de su trabajo en el circuito malayo y que tienes a tu disposición en la sección Videos, junto a otras entrevistas con los principales protagonistas del Test de Sepang.

Aunque el español siempre se ha mostrado cauto y ha señalado su primera temporada en MotoGP como de aprendizaje en la categoría reina, sus resultados en Malasia no hacen si no aumentar aún más la gran expectación que se ha generado alrededor de su debut en la nueva cilindrada y sobre su capacidad de hacer sombra a las grandes estrellas, como Valentino Rossi.
jejejejeje Dani es único. ;)

Gracias por la noticia. :hug: :hug: Llevo un par de dias sin internet en casa y no puedo actualizar las noticias. :o Ahora mismo estoy en el trabajo, :p en la recepción del hotel. :lol:

alexito
12-01-2005, 10:29 PM
si te interesa algunos videos de entrevistas o ensayos, me avisas. pero ya me dijiste que en españa pasan todo.

NINA_BCN
12-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Si no es molestia te agradecería que pusieses el link. Así todos podrán verlo.

alexito
12-03-2005, 02:04 PM
video many interview
capirossi gibernau and porto in jerez
rossi pedrosa melandri and elias in sepang

http://rapidshare.de/files/8542347/motogp0212.wmv

NINA_BCN
12-05-2005, 08:13 PM
¡¡¡Gracias!!!! :hug: :hug:

Mañana habrá más. ;)

NINA_BCN
12-19-2005, 12:03 PM
2006 MotoGP calendar tweaked, Portugal moved.
Sat 17 Dec, 2:36 PM

The FIM has confirmed the MotoGP World Championship calendar for 2006.
The schedule, which was released back in October remains virtually the same, with only one amendment - the Portuguese Grand Prix now moved to October 15, it had originally been scheduled to run on October 22.

The full 2006 MotoGP calendar can be seen below:

2006 MotoGP calendar:

March 26 Spain Jerez

April 8 Qatar Losail (Sat)

April 30 Turkey Istanbul

May 14 China Shanghai

May 21 France Le Mans

June 4 Italy Mugello

June 18 Catalunya Catalunya

June 24 Netherlands Assen (Sat)

July 2 Great Britain Donington Park

July 16 Germany Sachsenring

July 23 United States Laguna Seca (MotoGP only)

August 20 Czech Republic Brno

Sept 10 Malaysia Sepang

Sept 17 Australia Phillip Island

Sept 24 Japan Motegi

Oct 15 Portugal Estoril#

Oct 29 Valencia Valencia

(Sat) = Saturday race.

(MotoGP only) = No 125 or 250cc..

# denotes revised date.

alexito
12-19-2005, 01:05 PM
hay que esperar 3 meses para que empiece, espero que por la web de motogp pueda ver muchos entrenamientos, asi no los extraño.

Suzi
12-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Damn donnington runs through Wimbledon!!! ahhhhh choices choices

DONNINGTON OR WIMBLEDON :confused:

NINA_BCN
12-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Damn donnington runs through Wimbledon!!! ahhhhh choices choices

DONNINGTON OR WIMBLEDON :confused:
:rolleyes:

bavaria100
12-19-2005, 03:58 PM
I´m already looking forward to the 2006 season. I just hope that our riders will get it together next year (if they get a chance to participate :tape: ).

Suzi
12-19-2005, 03:59 PM
:rolleyes:

Whats that for :p

NINA_BCN
12-19-2005, 04:00 PM
I´m already looking forward to the 2006 season. I just hope that our riders will get it together next year (if they get a chance to participate :tape: ).
Hoffman won't ride. :sad: I am not sure about the other riders. :o

NINA_BCN
12-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Whats that for :p
Bad luck!!! :o

bavaria100
12-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Hoffman won't ride. :sad: I am not sure about the other riders. :o

I know. :sad: Steve Jenkner still hasn´t found a new team either. He gets offers, but the situation in those teams is as bad as in his current one. I don´t know the current status for Dirk Heidolf. Dario Guiseppeti won´t participate next year because of financial reasons. I think the only germans who have a team for next year are Stefan Bradl and Sandro Cortese.

NINA_BCN
12-19-2005, 05:40 PM
I know. :sad: Steve Jenkner still hasn´t found a new team either. He gets offers, but the situation in those teams is as bad as in his current one.
Sad for him. :sad: He doesn't deserve it. :o

bavaria100
12-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Sad for him. :sad: He doesn't deserve it. :o

I agree. He didn´t have the best season, but he made a big progress in the second half of the year. Unfortunately, it´s hard to find a good team without a big sponsor behind your back. Moto GP isn´t popular in Germany and that makes it very difficult to find a company that supports you. That´s why Ralf Waldmann retired from the World Championships last year. :sad:

NINA_BCN
12-19-2005, 07:45 PM
I agree. He didn´t have the best season, but he made a big progress in the second half of the year. Unfortunately, it´s hard to find a good team without a big sponsor behind your back. Moto GP isn´t popular in Germany and that makes it very difficult to find a company that supports you. That´s why Ralf Waldmann retired from the World Championships last year. :sad:
It's quite difficult here, too, because there are a lot of guys!!!!!! :p We're lucky since we have very important regional and national championships. ;) It's great to see that young guys going to the wordl championship. :D

bavaria100
12-20-2005, 06:03 PM
:bigclap: Alex Hofmann has found a team for 2006!!! :bigclap: He´ll start for Ducati D'Antin. Good luck Alex!!!

alexito
12-20-2005, 11:55 PM
luthi elegido mejor deportista suizo del añooooooooo
le gano a federer y a lambiel, jajajajaja
grande luthiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NINA_BCN
12-21-2005, 03:34 PM
:bigclap: Alex Hofmann has found a team for 2006!!! :bigclap: He´ll start for Ducati D'Antin. Good luck Alex!!!
:yeah: Congrats!!! It isn't a big team but, at least, he will ride. ;)

NINA_BCN
12-21-2005, 03:36 PM
:woohoo: :worship: ¡¡¡¡Felicidades pequeño!!!! :worship: :woohoo:

NINA_BCN
12-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Camel Get Hump And Exit Motogp :sad:
Tue 20 Dec, 7:09 PM

Camel have withdrawn from MotoGP, accusing the series of a lack of "sporting spirit" after failing to find a ride for Max Biaggi.

Biaggi rode a Camel-backed Honda for Sito Pons' team last season but, after a dismal campaign, the Japanese manufacturer made it clear he would not be given a ride in 2006.

Camel attempted to find a competitive seat elsewhere for the Italian but failed, claiming the sport has "inexplicably" turned its back on a race-winning rider and lucrative sponsor.

"We put considerable energy and great determination into the MotoGP project with Max, even when it became quite clear that this could not be done with Honda," said Roberto Zanni, president of Japan Tobacco in Europe.

"But in the end it proved impossible. The obstacles we found ourselves up against were various, decisive and, in a sense, inexplicable.

"It seems that the sporting spirit, which has always been part of motorcycle racing and which has given the public its great passion for this sport, had suddenly disappeared.

"It is this passion for sport which, on the contrary, remains a driving force for our group, the philosophy on which we have based all our activities in the world of motorsport."

Suzi
12-21-2005, 03:46 PM

Dunno if this has been posted but heh....

Lüthi, best Swiss sportsman of the year - motogp.com
News, 20/12/05

As the first Swiss rider to win a World title since Stefan Dörflinger in 1985, Thomas Lüthi was awarded the Credit Suisse Sports Award in a ceremony held last weekend in Bern.

The achievement of the Swiss youngster from Oberdiessbach converted him into a national hero and allowed him to snatch the award which had been taken by top tennis player Roger Federer in the previous two years.

The vote was held in two rounds; a first vote by the local journalists gave the advantage to Federer, who was anticipated to win the award for the third time, but the public made the difference in the second round, which saw Lüthi getting 46% of the votes.

"I'm so happy that I don't really know what to say!" smiled Lüthi, "Having such support from one's own country is something fantastic."

While his rival Mika Kallio was honoured recently as Finland's best rider/driver of the year, it has been announced that Thomas Lüthi will defend his title under a new livery as Caffé Latte will become the title sponsor of the Elit team. Daniel Epp's team will also line up a second rider next year, German hopeful Sandro Cortese.

NINA_BCN
12-21-2005, 11:55 PM
:lol: I've just posted this pic on the F1 thread (don't ask me why). :lol: It's the boots advertisement that Sete did for Spidi.

http://www.lerepairedesmotards.com/img/actu/2004/pub_setegibernau_.jpg

Suzi
12-22-2005, 08:11 AM
I did it before i do it again...

:eek: http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/fainting.gif

NINA_BCN
12-22-2005, 08:37 AM
:wavey: Good morning!!!! :lol:

Suzi
12-22-2005, 08:40 AM
Buenas Dias diablo :devil:

NINA_BCN
12-22-2005, 09:45 AM
:lol: Diablesa, en todo caso. :p

NINA_BCN
12-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Criville makes World Championship return :woohoo:
News, 22/12/05

Alex Criville has decided to return to the MotoGP World Championship scene and will act as a full-time advisor to Toni Elias next season. Criville, world champion in the 125cc class in 1989 and the 500cc class in 1999, will offer support and advice to the young Fortuna rider who will compete on a Honda RC211V for Fausto Gresini’s team, alongside Marco Melandri.

Criville returns to the MotoGP paddock some four years after announcing his retirement from racing. The Catalan rider explained his decision, stating: “After a certain amount of time away from bikes, I now want to return and get involved in a project where I can use my knowledge and experience.”

“Toni is a rider with enormous potential who progressed very well in his first season in the MotoGP class despite suffering a nasty wrist injury. Working alongside him I hope to help him improve even further.”

“I am very excited with this new chapter of my life and I hope we can achieve the objectives we have set ourselves. There is no doubt that Honda continues to be the best bike in the class, Fortuna a great sponsor and the Gresini team provides the best possible technical solutions and personnel which leads me to be very optimistic about this project I am taking on.”

NINA_BCN
12-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Yamaha ditch Gauloises

Valentino Rossi's Yamaha MotoGP team will have a new title sponsor next year after ending their relationship with Gauloises. This allows Rossi to test-drive Ferrari Formula 1, as although the EU limits tobacco branding in sport, Malboro continue to be associated to the manufacturer.

Yamaha said in a statement on Friday that Franco-Spanish tobacco giant Altadis/Seita's sponsorship of its two factory teams would not continue in 2006.

Yamaha have been backed by the Fortuna (Spain) and Gauloises (France) brands for the last three seasons, with Italian Rossi winning the title with them in 2004 and 2005 after switching from Honda.

European legislation banning tobacco advertising in the EU came into force this year and several cigarette brands have thus withdrawn from motor sport.

In Formula One, West's sponsorship of McLaren has ended while British American Tobacco have sold their BAR team to Honda. A Yamaha team spokeswoman said however that Friday's announcement was purely a commercial matter.

Yamaha will announce their 2006 MotoGP programme next month. Rossi's contract expires at the end of next year and he has been testing with the Ferrari F1 team, who are in partnership with US cigarette brand Malboro leading to speculation that Rossi will no longer suffer a conflict of interest should he ride with both.

Eurosport - RM 23/12/2005

NINA_BCN
12-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Foggy: Rossi exit will rock MotoGP. :p
Sat 24 Dec, 9:35 AM

Valentino Rossi's departure from MotoGP will cause a shockwave that will take years to settle, that's the opinion of four-times World Superbike champion Carl Fogarty.

26-year-old Rossi, the reigning five-times MotoGP World Champion, has signed only a one-year extension to his Yamaha contract - meaning that he could choose to walk away from the sport, perhaps to start a new career in Formula One or Rallying, at the end of next season.

However, others suggest that the Italian legend will want to be the first 800cc MotoGP champion, which he could potentially achieve by remaining for a further season, while Rossi has always been coy about his future plans - saying only that he rarely knows what he's doing next month, let alone next year.

But whether Rossi leaves at the end of 2006 or not, one thing is certain; the eventual loss of arguably the most popular rider the sport has ever seen will be a massive blow for MotoGP - a championship which hasn't lost a multiple world champion since Mick Doohan's departure in 1999.

"It'll be big," Foggy told Crash.net, when asked about Rossi's eventual exit. "It happened with me in Superbike, with Mick Doohan in MotoGP and when it happens with Rossi - well, then you're just left with a bunch of ... (laughs)... a bunch of very good motorcycle racers!

"But those that are left are not, you know... if you go out on the street today in England and ask someone to mention a (Superbike rider's) name, they'll probably still mention my name! They won't know who the other guys are, that's the difference.

"So it'll be difficult. But I've always said 'no championship is bigger than one name' and, like with me in Superbike, it will carry on - obviously - it won't die a death or anything like that.

"But, when a championship loses its biggest name - whether it be in tennis or football or whatever - it does suffer for a year or two, like MotoGP did when Doohan went, and it will do again when Rossi goes.

"I don't know if he's going to go (soon) or not, but motivation is very hard to find - to stay at the top at this kind of sport. He's still very young and he's obviously got the chance to go on and do something else, maybe rally cars or F1," added Fogarty.

Foggy is currently running a competition, with a selection of racing related prizes - including a PETRONAS FP1 road bike - on offer. Visit www.nokiaFPR.com to take part.

NINA_BCN
12-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Barros moves to Superbike :sad:

Alex Barros will be riding in the World Superbike Championship next year after the 35-year-old quit MotoGP, unsatisfied with the offers he received to stay in the sport. The Brazilian, who has been tipped to ride with Honda, said he'll be signing a contract "sometime soon."

"I don't want to compete if I can't be a contender," Barros told the sports daily Lance. "My goal now is to be a world champion in the Superbike."

In his 16 years riding MotoGP and 500CC Barros won seven races, earned five pole positions and 31 podiums, and finished fourth in the championship five times.

He finished eighth this season for Camel Honda.

Eurosport - 25/12/2005 J.S.

NINA_BCN
01-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Pons pulls out of MotoGP :eek: http://yelims.free.fr/Groumph/Triste01.gif
News, 04/01/06

After twenty-five successive seasons competing at the highest level in the Motorcycling World Championships, the Honda Pons team, managed by former double 250cc World Champion, Sito Pons, has announced that it will not be participating in the forthcoming 2006 MotoGP World Championship.

Due to diverse circumstances at the end of the 2005 season, and after a successful partnership of three years, the team failed to renew its agreement with title partner Camel, and subsequent difficulties in securing sufficient financial support for its 2006 project have prompted the team to take the decision to pull out of competition this year, Sito Pons made the following statement, “In spite of determined efforts to maintain our team’s 2006 MotoGP project in which we have gratefully counted on the support of HRC and Honda Spain, and having taken part in recent preseason tests at Valencia and Malaysia in preparation for the season ahead, the option to continue did not in the end materialise. We would like to express our sincerest gratitude to both HRC and Honda Spain for their patience and assistance, and to Carlos Checa and Casey Stoner for the trust placed in our team.”

Honda Pons will now concentrate all its efforts on consolidating its MotoGP project for 2007 where it aims to return to competition with a competitive package that can fight for the World Championship Title.

“Honda Pons would like to convey its gratitude to JT International for its support during the last three seasons, and to Alex Barros, Troy Bayliss, HRC, Michelin and all other partners who have collaborated with our team during the 2005 season and with whom we look forward to working again in the future. The decision to withdraw from this year’s championship has been a very difficult one to take, but our determination and competitive spirit remain unchanged and twenty-five years of success at the top level serve as a motivation to continue. Our firm intention is to return in 2007 and work is already underway on the new project” , added Sito Pons.

Sito Pons, in the meantime, will continue to serve in his role as President of IRTA, the International Road Racing Teams Association, where he will be principally involved in the evolution of the MotoGP World Championship and the renewal of the agreement between IRTA and championship organisers Dorna Sports, S.L.

Suzi
01-04-2006, 05:51 PM
i wondered when the updates will arrive :p :)

NINA_BCN
01-04-2006, 06:21 PM
i wondered when the updates will arrive :p :)
:shrug: That's the latest news that I have. :o Ahhhh, one more thing: Stoner, one of the riders of Pons, will be in LCR Team (Lucio Cecchinello's team) in MotoGP. I don't know what will happen to Carlos Checa. :o

Suzi
01-04-2006, 07:29 PM
i know u mentioned bout barros but Xaus is leaving as well....

Barros and Xaus to depart MotoGP

Alex Barros and Ruben Xaus have both announced they are leaving MotoGP to compete in World Superbikes next year.
Barros, who came eighth in 2005, was the most experienced rider in MotoGP, after 15 years in the class.

Spaniard Xaus, who was MotoGP Rookie of the Year in 2004, failed to progress in 2005 after suffering a string of injuries and crashes.

He will be hoping for more luck in World Superbikes, where he finished runner-up behind Neil Hodgson in 2003.

Suzi
01-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Rolfo leaves MotoGP for WSBK
News, 02/01/06

Roberto Rolfo will join the WSBK pack for the 2006 season after failing to secure a ride in the MotoGP World Championship, as he was contracted last week by Scuderia SC Carrachi. After a MotoGP apprenticeship season with a Ducati Desmosedici GP04, Rolfo will go on to defend the Italian firm colours riding the Ducati 999F05 in the production-based series.

Rolfo was expected to continue his career in the premier class with the D'Antin Pramac team until Luis d'Antin eventually signed José Luis Cardoso and Alex Hofmann for 2006. In any case, Rolfo now looks forward to the next season as he will begin testing on his new machine later this week at the Valencia circuit.

“I'm pleased with this deal. After a season of learning in the MotoGP class with the Desmosedici GP4, I'm happy to be back on a 4-stroke machine, and it's a Ducati again!” said Rolfo. “On the other hand, I'm confident that I will have the support of a very experimented team and that I will work with people who know the Ducati very well.”

I think everyone is leaving cor blimey!!

NINA_BCN
01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Hey!!!! I said that Xaus left MotoGP at the end of the season. :ras: And Robby... I thought I'd posted it. :o

Suzi
01-04-2006, 07:43 PM
http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/bonk.gifoops my bad I run off and hide now!

(i have a short attention span :p )

NINA_BCN
01-04-2006, 07:49 PM
:nerner:

alexito
01-04-2006, 10:32 PM
nina, sabes cuando empieza de nuevo las pruebas?

NINA_BCN
01-05-2006, 10:32 AM
nina, sabes cuando empieza de nuevo las pruebas?
Se supone que hacia finales de este mes, pero no se la fecha todavía. :o En cuanto lo sepa os lo digo. ;)

*edit* Álvaro Bautista, de la categoría de 125cc, ha rescindido el contrato que le unía al equipo de Clarence Seedorf por impago del 70% de su contrato. :eek: Vivir para ver. :o

NINA_BCN
01-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Carlos Checa considering options after Honda Pons withdrawal :o
News, 05/01/06

Carlos Checa has issued a statement regarding Honda Pons´ withdrawal from the 2006 MotoGP season. The decision to end the team´s 25 seasons competing at the highest level has left Checa without a ride.

“Whilst thinking about the first test of the year in Sepang, I received the unpleasant news that the Honda Pons team with which I was to race in the upcoming MotoGP season had withdrawn from competitive activity, as a result of a lack of sponsor. The timing of this decision at the beginning of the 2006 preseason leaves me in a complicated situation as regards the future, as I find myself without alternatives that would allow me to compete for good results”.

Checa, whilst disappointed at his lack of options for the upcoming season, maintains a positive outlook on the situation.

“It is paradoxical that after having confided fully in my future, awaiting a season with Honda and a technical team that I know well and in which I had the utmost confidence, that things have turned around completely and left me out of the game. However, it is clear that now is not a moment to complain or look for guilty parties in this regretful situation. I have never done it because it simply isn´t my style”.

“The only thing that is certain is that all the excitement that I had stored up for the 2006 season, based on my confidence in what had been offered to me, has disappeared in one moment. I am sure that I will not let my guard down against this disappointing situation and give up this positive state of mind, because I am and always have been a fighter”.

On what awaits the Spaniard, who had an impressive second half of the 2005 season, he remains open to whatever options present themselves to him.

“Circumstance leaves me out of the championship, but I still consider myself an active rider and I won´t discard any future possibilities”.

Betty
01-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Ali have u heart..Vale thinking to go to GP1"car"

NINA_BCN
01-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Ali have u heart..Vale thinking to go to GP1"car"
To F1??? :rolleyes: Yes. They are been talking about it since 2004. :p

Betty
01-05-2006, 10:56 AM
yes I mean F1 sorry :p but it looks that ferrari wait him

NINA_BCN
01-05-2006, 11:09 AM
:lol: Vale & Kimi in Ferrari in 2007. :lol: Impossible is nothing. ;)

Betty
01-05-2006, 11:22 AM
i don't like more kimi but Vale :yeah:

Suzi
01-05-2006, 11:37 AM
:lol: Vale & Kimi in Ferrari in 2007. :lol: Impossible is nothing. ;)

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgcovereyes.gif nooooo if kimi goest to ferrari i i i ummmmmm go kick his butt :p

NINA_BCN
01-05-2006, 11:39 AM
http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgcovereyes.gif nooooo if kimi goest to ferrari i i i ummmmmm go kick his butt :p
Why not??? :o Alonso will be in McLaren in 2007 and I don't think that Kimi wants to be with him there. :shrug:

Suzi
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
i have a disliking towards ferrari :p

NINA_BCN
01-05-2006, 11:45 AM
:lol: The greatest teams are McLaren and Ferrari. :o Williams and Toyota.....:rolleyes: Renault is....:shrug:

alexito
01-05-2006, 08:51 PM
en el 2007 alonso en mclaren, kimi se va a ferrari si es que schumacher se va de ferrari, nunca querra ser piloto numero 2. pero sino es asi, ya toyota y renault estan pensando en kimi para 2007. toyota le ofrecio mucho dinero a kimi. a toyota le vendria bien alguien como schumacher, tienen mucho auto pero no a alguien que lo sepan poner a punto.

NINA_BCN
01-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Pero Schumi ya podría retirarse binen satisfecho con lo que ha logrado: un montón de títulos mundiales y dos escuderías diferentes. ;)

NINA_BCN
01-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Camel Yamaha? :confused:
Thu 05 Jan, 7:06 PM

Crash.net understands that, in a surprise move, former Honda Pons sponsor Camel is currently in contention to become the new title sponsor of the Factory Yamaha Team, for the 2006 MotoGP season.

The 2005 world championship winning team, due to again field reigning five-times MotoGP title winner Valentino Rossi and his Texan team-mate Colin Edwards, is presently without a sponsor following an acrimonious split with Gauloises.

Meanwhile, Camel quit both Pons and Honda following HRC's refusal to supply Max Biaggi with machinery for 2006 and has been "considering a series of alternatives" after failing to find the Roman any form of MotoGP seat.

One of those alternatives is naturally at Yamaha's number one team - a move which makes great sense for Camel, in terms of generating maximum publicity, but which has until now seemed almost impossible.

After all, although the reasons behind the Yamaha/Gauloises split are still to be revealed, they are reported to centre around Rossi either a) refusing to ride in tobacco branding or b) wanting to avoid a potential clash with the Marlboro livery he will sport during Ferrari F1 tests.

Add to that the warning from Gauloises that "Yamaha is still bound by a legal obligation that prevents Yamaha from collaborating with sponsors whose products compete directly with the Gauloises brand or with Altadis products for the 2006 season" and few would suggest a Camel/Yamaha collaboration.

An agreement with the satellite Tech 3 Yamaha team would avoid most of the 'problems' highlighted but, whilst Camel is understood to have initially spoken with Tech 3, sources within the MotoGP paddock insist that discussions with Herve Poncharal's team have ended and that Camel is chasing - and may have already secured - the factory Yamaha deal.

Whether a deal has or will be concluded, and whether it will include Rossi (although 'The Doctor' always did like yellow and is unlikely to shed a tear at taking Biaggi's sponsor), is unlikely to be revealed until Yamaha officially announces full details of its 2006 MotoGP programme later this month.

Who knows. :shrug:

sonia
01-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Pero Schumi ya podría retirarse binen satisfecho con lo que ha logrado: un montón de títulos mundiales y dos escuderías diferentes. ;)

Creo que Schumi quiere llegar a ser el piloto que logra un mundial con más edad, bueno, o eso es lo que oí en la tele ;) Me parece que el record esta en los 40 y tanto... y Shumacher tiene 37¿? pues aún queda Shumi para rato :p :lol:

Sorry, I know that is a motoGP thread and not F1!! :angel:

NINA_BCN
01-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Creo que Schumi quiere llegar a ser el piloto que logra un mundial con más edad, bueno, o eso es lo que oí en la tele ;) Me parece que el record esta en los 40 y tanto... y Shumacher tiene 37¿? pues aún queda Shumi para rato :p :lol:

Sorry, I know that is a motoGP thread and not F1!! :angel:
Cap problema!!! ;) Los dos van sobre ruedas. :lol:

¿Que quiere ser el piloto de más edad en lograr un mundial? Entonces.... :rolleyes: Dani Pedrosa ya habrá ganado varios mundiales en MotoGP para entonces. :p

P.D.: :sad: Lástima que no haya creado un thread del Dakar. :o

sonia
01-06-2006, 06:53 PM
P.D.: :sad: Lástima que no haya creado un thread del Dakar. :o
Aún hay tiempo de crear uno ;) ¿cuando acaba?

NINA_BCN
01-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Dentro de 10 días, más o menos. Pero ahora ya da lo mismo porque "el matador" ya ha perdido el liderato en coches. :o

alexito
01-06-2006, 09:47 PM

para esta clase de personas, nunca estan satisfecho, y ademas es el deportista que mas dinero gana por añodespues de tiger, vos crees, mientras pueda seguir ganando campeonatos y tantos millones, ni piensa en retirarse. ademas este año, si todos van a usar el mismo neumatico, volvera shumi a ser campeon, no cabe la menor duda.

NINA_BCN
01-06-2006, 10:27 PM
para esta clase de personas, nunca estan satisfecho, y ademas es el deportista que mas dinero gana por añodespues de tiger, vos crees, mientras pueda seguir ganando campeonatos y tantos millones, ni piensa en retirarse. ademas este año, si todos van a usar el mismo neumatico, volvera shumi a ser campeon, no cabe la menor duda.
¡¡¡¡¡Qué avaricia!!!! :lol:

alexito
01-07-2006, 01:50 AM
¡¡¡¡¡Qué avaricia!!!! :lol:

asi es el mundo, los que mas tienen, son los que mas quieren, nunca estan conformes, siempre quieren mas.

NINA_BCN
01-07-2006, 09:59 AM
asi es el mundo, los que mas tienen, son los que mas quieren, nunca estan conformes, siempre quieren mas.
:lol: Debería pasarse a otra especialidad y hacer como Carlos Sáinz, el ex piloto de rallies, ir al Dakar. ;)

alexito
01-07-2006, 06:33 PM
:lol: Debería pasarse a otra especialidad y hacer como Carlos Sáinz, el ex piloto de rallies, ir al Dakar. ;)

tal vez tiene miedo que todos nos demos cuenta que solo sirve en F1 y cuando tiene un gran auto. el año pasado no tuvo un gran auto y solo cometio errores en la mayoria de las carreras. termino siendo un piloto mas.

NINA_BCN
01-07-2006, 06:47 PM
tal vez tiene miedo que todos nos demos cuenta que solo sirve en F1 y cuando tiene un gran auto. el año pasado no tuvo un gran auto y solo cometio errores en la mayoria de las carreras. termino siendo un piloto mas.
:rolleyes: Él sabrá lo que hace. :o

Y centrándonos en las motos, ¿qué crees que podrá hacer Sete con la Ducati?. :confused: Tengo ganas ya de unos entrenamientos en condiciones. :mad:

alexito
01-08-2006, 05:34 PM
yo siempre le tengo fe a sete por mas que todo españa este en contra.
para mi es un gran piloto.
pero tengo puesta mis fichas en dani. aunque tendra que mejorar su parte fisica. una cosa es hacer una vueltita rapida otra cosa es aguantar semejante moto toda una carrera y todo un año. pero dani con honda oficial va a hacer mas que biaggi o sete. no se si ganara campeonato, pero que ganara carreras este año, te lo aseguro.

NINA_BCN
01-08-2006, 07:19 PM
La fe mueve montañas. ;) Y Sete, en Ducati, tendrá un nuevo aliciente. :yeah: E intentará hacer mucha pupa. :p

Dani......dentro de unos años, campeón del mundo seguro. Lo de ganar este año carreras, no sé yo, pero como mínimo va a estar siempre tocando las narices a los de cabeza de carrera .:lol: Si gana, monto una fiesta en su honor. :D

alexito
01-09-2006, 01:21 AM
La fe mueve montañas. ;) Y Sete, en Ducati, tendrá un nuevo aliciente. :yeah: E intentará hacer mucha pupa. :p

Dani......dentro de unos años, campeón del mundo seguro. Lo de ganar este año carreras, no sé yo, pero como mínimo va a estar siempre tocando las narices a los de cabeza de carrera .:lol: Si gana, monto una fiesta en su honor. :D

anda preparando la fiesta, seguro que dani ganara carrera , y mas de una.

NINA_BCN
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Confirmed: Yamaha inks Camel deal. :eek:
Mon 09 Jan, 1:37 PM

As exclusively revealed on Crash.net last week, tobacco giant JT International is to switch its Camel brand to Yamaha for the 2006 MotoGP season, with the factory team getting a new yellow livery courtesy of title sponsorship.

The team, which will retain reigning world champion Valentino Rossi and American team-mate Colin Edwards on nits riding strength for 2006, will be known as Camel Yamaha.

More to follow....

¡¡¡¡Hijos de p***!!!! :mad:

alexito
01-10-2006, 03:28 PM
disculpa mi ignorancia, pero porque la bronca? :devil:

Suzi
01-10-2006, 05:01 PM
[B]

¡¡¡¡Hijos de p***!!!! :mad:

Even I know wot that stands for (tut tut)

NINA_BCN
01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
disculpa mi ignorancia, pero porque la bronca? :devil:
¿Por qué va a ser? Porque los cabroncetes de Camel se han ido derechos al dinero (osea Rossi) y han dejado fuera a un equipo (Honda Pons) ya un piloto (Carlos Checa). :ras:

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 09:09 PM
¿Por qué va a ser? Porque los cabroncetes de Camel se han ido derechos al dinero (osea Rossi) y han dejado fuera a un equipo (Honda Pons) ya un piloto (Carlos Checa). :ras:

Los cabroncetes, ( dícese de los de Camel en el dialecto Ninanonaino ) , han hecho lo que cualquier empresa haría , que es apostar a caballo ganador , así que más que hijos de las decentes señoritas que alegran la vida a los caballeros solitarios , son hombres de negocios que buscan el mayor rendimiento para su marca/empresa.

NINA_BCN
01-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Los cabroncetes, ( dícese de los de Camel en el dialecto Ninanonaino ) , han hecho lo que cualquier empresa haría , que es apostar a caballo ganador , así que más que hijos de las decentes señoritas que alegran la vida a los caballeros solitarios , son hombres de negocios que buscan el mayor rendimiento para su marca/empresa.
Pues eso. :p Pero lo que me joroba es que Sito (y detrás de él, Carlos :rolleyes: ) hay tenido que retirarse del mundial después de estar en él 25 años. :o

Por cierto, a Isidre Esteve han tenido que extirparle el bazo hoy en la clínica Dexeus (Barcelona) despés de la doble caída que tuvo ayer en Mauritania, durante la 9ª etapa del Dakar. :o

NINA_BCN
01-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Biaggi confirms MotoGP exit
News, 10/01/06

Max Biaggi has returned home after a few days rest in America, where he has enjoyed a quiet Christmas vacation away from the persistent rumours about his possible arrival in World Superbike Championship.

"I’ve spent my Christmas holidays in the States. I’ve been training a lot with my Supermotard bike, taking advantage of the great weather conditions (around 20°C), then of course a bit of jogging and gymwork”

Biaggi has spoken again about his departure from MotoGP, and has put on his personal website that he will unveil a book, to be published in a few weeks time, in which all the secrets of his relationship with Repsol Honda will be revealed and exactly what led his departure from the World Championship.

“In these last two months I have read a lots of things about myself, loads of incorrect reports, but I’ve decided to live with it and not even to reply, it isn´t worth it” explained the Roman Emperor. “As all of you already know I have been put in this terrible situation by Honda and as a consequence I won't participate in MotoGP in 2006”.

With regards to the possibility of entering the world of Superbikes, Biaggi spoke highly of the series. “I have always appreciated this category, I also have a few friends in there and they have all my respect. So I am considering this opportunity as a very good one. The difficulties grow as time passes though, in light of the fact that since December 15th we have still been trying to reach an agreement with Kawasaki”

The Roman added that in the coming week he would be able to give more details about his options for competing in Superbikes this coming season.

Bye, bye Mad Max!!! http://yelims.free.fr/Groumph/Triste01.gif

NINA_BCN
01-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Suzuka and Motegi to join forces in merger
News, 09/01/06

In a breakthrough for MotoGP in Japan, Suzuka Circuitland and Twin Ring Motegi have basically agreed to a merger around June 1st 2006, with the new company to take the name “Mobilityland Co., Ltd”

According to an official statement, the goals of the merger are threefold. The first objective is to “Become more active to further develop the popularity of Motorsports, Mobility, and safe driving”

From a sales standpoint, the second aim listed for the merger is to “utilise both companies´ knowledge and experience to offer higher quality events and merchandise”

At an organisational level, the declaration states that as a consequence of the basic merger, the management foundation “will be strengthened by combining management resources”

It is hoped by both companies that “combining the management resource whilst utilizing the characteristics of both companies will improve overall performance” The wider benefits of the decision to merge in terms of the company´s profile were stated to be achieving recognition in the community and society and able to offer “happiness” “enjoyment” and a “touching experience” through a mobility culture.

The Mobilityland company will tentatively have a capital investment of 2 billion yen, with a main office in Tokyo. In preparation, Suzuka Circuitland Co. Ltd will become a whole subsidiary of Honda Motor Co. Ltd

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Pues eso. :p Pero lo que me joroba es que Sito (y detrás de él, Carlos :rolleyes: ) hay tenido que retirarse del mundial después de estar en él 25 años. :o

Por cierto, a Isidre Esteve han tenido que extirparle el bazo hoy en la clínica Dexeus (Barcelona) despés de la doble caída que tuvo ayer en Mauritania, durante la 9ª etapa del Dakar. :o

Respecto a lo de Sito/Camel , es tan simple como que en su día firmaron un acuerdo y éste se ha acabado , así que no deben haber reproches , ya que aquí nadie ha violado nada . Y si Sito no ha conseguido encontrar otro sponsor pues mala suerte , pero en el mundo empresarial no es cuestión de hacer obras de caridad si la empresa no considera rentable una sponsorización .

En el tema de Carlitos Checa , pues me sabe mal por él ya que parece ser buena persona , peroooooo uno recoge lo que siembra y él ha sembrado esto. Me explico . Es cierto que ha hecho un gran final de campeonato con Ducati , que le estaba sacando rendimiento a la moto poco ortodoxa Ducatiana , pero eso no quita su bajísimo rendimiento en los últimos años . Sus caídas se contaban por carrera sí otra también , y por mucho que los comentaristas televisivos de turno hablen eufemísticamente de mala suerte , cuando un piloto se cae y otro no , es una cuestión de calidad, pilotaje o como se le quiera llamar . Carlos parecía una " bayeta " , todo el día en el suelo y sólo es cuestión de recurrir a las hemerotecas .

No me cabe ninguna duda que este año hubiera hecho una gran temporada con Ducati ( también la hubiera hecho en el equipo de Sito ) si le hubieran renovado porque su progresión a final de año fue muy buena y hacía presagiar sus frutos en el futuro , pero lo que también está claro es que si hacemos un balance global de sus últimos años sus actuaciones han sido decepcionantes . Así que si ahora no tiene equipo que hubiese espabilado antes que sólo hacerlo a finales de la temporada pasada .

Y respecto a lo de Isidre , aún me acuerdo la caída de Checa donde le extirparon el bazo, y que estuvo a punto de morir posteriormente en los días que estuvo hospitalizado . Un susto , se recuperará y el año que viene estará de nuevo en el Dakar, aunque bueno cuando uno se va a un raids de esos ya sabe que se juega la vida .

Respecto a la operación , primero había escuchado que se lo habían exterpado en África, luego he escuchado en Canarias, y ahora en Barcelona ?? :confused:

NINA_BCN
01-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Después de consultadas las fuentes...rectifico: fue operado ayer de urgencia en Mauritania y ha sido trasladado hoy en avión con soporte médico (para que no volviese a ocurrir lo que le sucedió a "el Carni" del año pasado: murió casi al final del trayecto de avión). Está en ciudados intensivos de la Dexeus.

Y pensar que hace unos años estuve allí de prácticas.....:o

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Por cierto , cuando estuviste currando ( otro eufemismo ) esos 4 días , Xaus se rompió la pierna y le tuvieron que operar de urgencia . No he visto que pusieras ninguna noticia al respecto ( Traidora de la patria :o )

NINA_BCN
01-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Por cierto , cuando estuviste currando ( otro eufemismo ) esos 4 días , Xaus se rompió la pierna y le tuvieron que operar de urgencia . No he visto que pusieras ninguna noticia al respecto ( Traidora de la patria :o )
La mare del Tano!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ¡¡¡No me jorobes!!!! No tenía ni idea. :o Últimamente ando poco abonada a Sólo Moto. :sad:
¡¡¡¡Pobre chaval!!!! Tiene la negra. :o :o :o

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 10:20 PM
La mare del Tano!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ¡¡¡No me jorobes!!!! No tenía ni idea. :o Últimamente ando poco abonada a Sólo Moto. :sad:
¡¡¡¡Pobre chaval!!!! Tiene la negra. :o :o :o

Para eximirte de culpa , apenas se publicó ;) .

Y bueno , :rolleyes: esperemos que en su vuelta a Superbikes no le vuelva a pasar lo que le ocurrió en su anterior etapa cuando un día en la vuelta de calentamiento de una de las dos mangas en el circuito de Laguna Seca ( creo que era la segunda ) , se salió de la pista ( si mal no recuerdo fue en la cuesta esa con tanta pendiente que hay hacia abajo , y no pudo comeptir ) :rolls:

Cada vez que oigo Laguna Seca me acuerdo de " Uri " ( Oriol Servià para los profanos ) y me vengo arriba :dance:

Rubencito , un " headcase ", que tuvo su oportunidad en MotoGP , pero la cagó , así que que otro que recoge lo que ha sembrado . :shrug:

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 10:23 PM
http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/motor/superbikes/es/desarrollo/604971.html

NINA_BCN
01-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Para eximirte de culpa , apenas se publicó ;).

Rubencito , un " headcase ", que tuvo su oportunidad en MotoGP , pero la cagó , así que que otro que recoge lo que ha sembrado . :shrug:
En el diario As, que se supones que son los "megaoficiales" (escriben Mela Chércoles y Manuel Pecino, el dire de Sólo Moto) no dice nada. Lo que es vergonzoso (par ellos) es que si esté la noticia en el diario de Andalucía. :rolleyes:

Pues si que ha salido bien escaldado de su andadura mundialista. Y en sentido literal. :o

alexito
01-11-2006, 02:48 PM
no le veo nada de malo a camel, fue al ganador, simplemente, son negocios. nadie en este planeta apuesta al perdedor.
que ducati haya funcionado fue obra de capisossi no de checa.
asi como todos los de yamaha empezaron a andar gracias a rossi.

bavaria100
01-11-2006, 04:48 PM
:sad: Sad news from Germany: Steve Jenkner wants to retire, because he won´t get the opportunity to drive for a top team (he only got offers from low budget teams). He´s worried about his safety (he had a huge crash last year because his team forgot to warm up the tires) and he feels, that it isn´t worth it to risk his health without having a shot at winning.

Galaxystorm
01-11-2006, 10:56 PM
no le veo nada de malo a camel, fue al ganador, simplemente, son negocios. nadie en este planeta apuesta al perdedor.
que ducati haya funcionado fue obra de capisossi no de checa.
asi como todos los de yamaha empezaron a andar gracias a rossi.

Humor argentino , supongo :haha:

El que ha evolucionado la moto ha sido Checa y no Capirossi , ya que el italiano es de esos pilotos como también lo es Rubén Xaus , que odian el trabajo de puesta a punto de la moto , el trabajo de probatura de nuevos materiales etc . Así que el peso de la evolución de la moto lo ha llevado Checa .

Que Capirossi haya obtenido mejores resultados que Checa es otra cosa , pero si la moto (incluyendo los neumáticos Bridgestone ) a final de temporada fue muy competitiva precisamente no ha sido gracias al trabajo de Loris en entrenamientos .

alexito
01-11-2006, 11:09 PM
mira vos, asi que gracias a checa, ducati anda mejor, y por eso no esta mas en ducatti, dificil de entender.
lamento lo lento de mis neuronas.
y no solo eso, practicamente checa esta fuera del campeonato, un ganador como él.

Galaxystorm
01-11-2006, 11:21 PM
mira vos, asi que gracias a checa, ducati anda mejor, y por eso no esta mas en ducatti, dificil de entender.
y no solo eso, practicamente checa esta fuera del campeonato, un ganador como él.

Yo en ningun momento he dicho que Checa sea mejor piloto que Capirossi , es mas , Capirossi ha demostrado ser mas rapido que el .

Lo unico que he dicho , es que Capirossi solo sabe ir rapido , y no sabe como evolucionar una moto , o unos nuevos neumaticos como los de Bridgestone . Capirossi necesita que otra persona en el equipo que evolucione la moto , que haga el trabajo sucio por el , y entonces el ya se encargara de ir rapido , y estas cosas ocurren en muchos equipos . Ser un piloto rapido no significa que sirvas para evolucionar una moto , son dos cosas diferentes .

Con la llegada de Sete a Ducatti , Sete sera quien evolucione la moto , y Capirossi se aprovechara de este trabajo , pero con la diferencia que Sete es mucho mejor piloto que el italiano y conseguira ser ademas mas rapido que el en las carreras .

PD ; Por cierto , te recomiendo que leas mis mensajes de ayer respecto a Checa, porque yo soy el primero que he sido muy critico con el, asi que tu ironia en tu mensaje hacia Checa disela a otra persona porque no conseguiras que de mi boca salga una defensa a ultranza hacia Carlos .

NINA_BCN
01-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Es que lo que dice nuestro amigo es cierto. :o El propio Loris lo dice. Siempre ha dicho que él sólo sirve para darle al puño del gas y que necesita a alguien que le ponga a punto la moto porque el no consigue dar con los reglajes adecuados. :rolleyes:
Si encuentro alguna entrevista suya la pondré aquí. ;)

NINA_BCN
01-11-2006, 11:35 PM
:haha: Estaba esperando que dijeses algo por eso. :haha:

*edit* ¿Por qué borras el mensaje?

NINA_BCN
01-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Track improvements continue at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
News, 11/01/06

The Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca is to see more improvements in preparation for its July Grand Prix. According to an official statement, nearly $7 million dollars is to be invested in an ongoing safety and facility upgrade.

The most dramatic improvements include an entire surface repaving, as well as creating additional run-off at turn 1. The latter requires the removing of a portion of the hillside as well as the demolition of the former media centre building that sits on top of it. The aforementioned centre will now be replaced by a state-of-the-art hospitality area. Additional runoff areas will be added at turns 3, 4, 6, and 7.

After a Yamaha Motor Corporation-funded $2 million upgrade one year ago made it possible for the MotoGP World Championship to return to the United States, these changes are being implemented with input from the Federation Internationale de Motorcyclisme (FIM) and the MotoGP Rider Safety Commission.

“This is a significant upgrade for Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and continues to push us towards our goal of leading racetrack safety, not only compared to tracks in the United States but around the world,” said Gill Campbell, CEO/General Manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Campbell went on to emphasise the overall benefit of the project, not just for MotoGp:

“Whilst these changes were made in conjunction with Dorna and the MotoGP riders, it will also increase safety for everyone who runs at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, from track rentals and club competition to our other professional events like the American Le Mans Series and the Rolex Sports Car Series”

The 2005 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix drew a weekend attendance of 153,653, the largest event attendance in the 49 seasons of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

alexito
01-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Yo en ningun momento he dicho que Checa sea mejor piloto que Capirossi , es mas , Capirossi ha demostrado ser mas rapido que el .

Lo unico que he dicho , es que Capirossi solo sabe ir rapido , y no sabe como evolucionar una moto , o unos nuevos neumaticos como los de Bridgestone . Capirossi necesita que otra persona en el equipo que evolucione la moto , que haga el trabajo sucio por el , y entonces el ya se encargara de ir rapido , y estas cosas ocurren en muchos equipos . Ser un piloto rapido no significa que sirvas para evolucionar una moto , son dos cosas diferentes .

Con la llegada de Sete a Ducatti , Sete sera quien evolucione la moto , y Capirossi se aprovechara de este trabajo , pero con la diferencia que Sete es mucho mejor piloto que el italiano y conseguira ser ademas mas rapido que el en las carreras .

PD ; Por cierto , te recomiendo que leas mis mensajes de ayer respecto a Checa, porque yo soy el primero que he sido muy critico con el, asi que tu ironia en tu mensaje hacia Checa disela a otra persona porque no conseguiras que de mi boca salga una defensa a ultranza hacia Carlos .

para nada, solo queria que me expliquen ya que yo no se nada y ustedes saben todo.
es mas, todo el año pasado escuche que sete es malisimo como piloto por todos los canales de tv, y toman a sete y se va checa, no entendia eso.
para mi todosss son buenos pilotos, la unica excepcion es valentino que es de otra galaxia.

NINA_BCN
01-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Hablando de Carlos....

Carlos Checa looks towards Yamaha
News, 12/01/06

Carlos Checa is hanging onto a fine but real thread of hope that leads back to the hands of Yamaha and Michelin, one that could become his final opportunity to continue in the MotoGP World Championship this season. The Spanish rider, in an interview with MotoGP.com, has spoken about this possibility and wanted to give thanks for all the interest and support that he is receiving in these complicated moments of his sporting career.

“With the unexpected departure of Sito Pons, an odyssey has commenced for me to be able to ride this year with a secure team and bike. But in this difficult process I have discovered something very important, and that is that there are people who appreciate me, who are interested in me, and that have demonstrated their great friendship”

“Yamaha, Michelin and Hervé Poncharal have given refuge to my hopes of continuing in MotoGP. They have been interested in me and it is something for which I thank them a lot. It is a vote of confidence, although I know that it is very complicated to achieve a secure project. Right now there are two big enemies; one is time, which is really on top of us, and the other is filling in the budget”

Checa expressed his thoughts in the wake of the decision made by Sito Pons to withdraw from the 2006 season.

“I would not be telling the truth if I were to say that I haven´t thought about the possibility of remaining without a ride in 2006. I have accepted my situation. Now we are all interested in making this opportunity concrete, and not losing hope, but I don´t want to fool myself or get my expectations up for fear of leaving myself open to another disappointment”

“It´s obvious that this situation will affect you, and now my training regime has been broken a little. But I have a strong desire and I´m going to continue with my preparation and normal working routine in order that, if the moment comes, I am prepared to give my all”.

NINA_BCN
01-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Four wheels an option for Biaggi? :confused:
Fri 13 Jan, 4:21 PM

After being dropped by Honda from the MotoGP series, Max Biaggi is looking at his options for the 2006 season. “I’ve have been put in this terrible situation by Honda and therefore I won't participate at the Championship MotoGP 2006,” he stated on his official web site. Biaggi is said to be turning his attention away from two wheels to four…

One rumour doing the rounds for some time in Italy is that Biaggi could test with the MF1 Racing squad ahead of the start of the 2006 F1 season. Biaggi previously tested for Ferrari at Fiorano.

Biaggi himself has said little on the subject of moving to four wheels. “In a week we will try to get back to you and let you know the ultimate news,” he said. “Certainly if we add two more wheels, we could risk to do something totally different and maybe interesting... is not a bad idea isn’t it??!”

Biaggi is not done with racing yet it seems.

Suzi
01-14-2006, 09:56 PM
do u know when the season starts cos jan and feb are sooooooooo boring bar AO

NINA_BCN
01-14-2006, 11:05 PM
do u know when the season starts cos jan and feb are sooooooooo boring bar AO
:sad: It starts in April. :o

NINA_BCN
01-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Hofmann trains hard in the Swiss Alps ;)
News, 14/01/06

Alex Hofmann can be found these days finishing off his phase of physical preparation ahead of the start of pre-season testing, which will commence on the 23rd of this month in Sepang, and has chosen the alps as the location in which to follow an intense training regime.

The German rider, who is this season one of the new additions to the D´Antin Pramac Ducati team, makes use of the snow as a fundamental part of his exercise program, above all focussing on cross country skiing. Taking the roads through the snow also helps Hofmann to improve his resistance.

“In one of my last outings. I started at 1035 metres and finished in Forstberg, rising up to 2215 metres. The screws in my ankle are already fixed and the physiotherapy I receive will allow me to recuperate fully” he explained.

Hofmann is conscientiously taking care of his physical state during these weeks of training, in order to arrive at the first practices with his new team in the best condition possible. Moreover, in 2005 he was dogged by various injuries, including a wrist fracture at the start of the season and another fracture of the ankle, after a fall in the Japanese Grand Prix, and the German hopes to shelve these problems completely in the coming season.

NINA_BCN
01-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Riders for Health to address Economic Forum.
Sun 15 Jan, 12:43 PM

The co-founders of official MotoGP charity Riders for Health will get a rare chance to put their thoughts to the rich and famous later this month, having been invited to attend the World Economic Forum's annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland.

Andrea and Barry Coleman, who founded the charity 16 years ago, will be present as members of the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurism - an elite global network of social entrepreneurs which forms the sister organisation to the WEF - and will be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Microsoft magnate Bill Gates and Virgin's Richard Branson as they try to raise awareness of the vital need for transport for development in Africa.

Riders for Health already works to improve the delivery of health care to rural communities in Africa using motorcycles and four-wheeled vehicles. Using expertise from the world of motorcycling, the charity puts in place maintenance and training systems to ensure that African health workers have reliable vehicles that never break down and are run at the lowest possible cost.

"The people of Africa are dying of easily-preventable diseases - bubonic plague, cholera, typhoid, tuberculosis, HIV and AIDS - but even low-tech solutions like mosquito nets or health education will not make a difference unless public health workers can reach the remote rural communities who need them," Andrea Coleman explained, "Transport is probably the single most overlooked element in the battle against poverty and ill-health.

"Riders' programmes are models that can be applied anywhere in Africa, by African nationals, to make a sustainable impact on development across the continent. Motorcycles are out there, saving lives, and we are hugely encouraged by this opportunity to place transport for development in the spotlight."

NINA_BCN
01-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Bimota to partner WCM in 2006? :confused:
Sun 15 Jan, 5:32 PM

With testing in the middle of a pre-season hiatus at present, the MotoGP rumour mill has a chance to get into full swing, with the latest offering suggesting that perennial battler WCM will carry Bimota branding in the 2006 championship.

A source close to Crash.net suggests that the Italian marque will team up with Peter Clifford's hard-trying equipe in the wake of the latter's failed Blata project, although further details of the tie-up remain sketchy beyond the two names apparently appearing together on the official entry list.

Clifford Crash.net back in November that his plans revolved around the use of KTM V4 units, and it could be that Bimota has been persuaded to put its name - and finance - behind the project, but it could be equally plausible that the Italian's have come up with an alternative plan to provide the team with its own powerplant.

WCM had planned to campaign the Blata V6 in 2005, but delays left the team to run James Ellison and Franco Battaini on its own four-cylinder design instead. However, the announcement of new 800cc engine rules, to come into use from 2007, meant that the long-overdue Blata project became increasingly unlikely to reach fruition, leading to Clifford's proposed tie-up with KTM, which had withdrawn its own engines from Team Roberts midway through the 2005 campaign.

Bimota has not been seen in international motorsport since being forced to 'temporarily' withdraw from the 2000 World Superbike Championship after a sponsorship deal fell through and left the team with a financial shortfall to run its Suzuki-powered machines. Australian rider Anthony Gobert had been given the number 501 in deference to expected Levi's backing, but saw his campaign cut short.

Perhaps understandably, WCM has yet to sign riders for 2006, with both Battaini and Ellison expected to race elsewhere this season. The Italian has already inked a WSBK deal, while Ellison is thought to have found another MotoGP seat. Clifford told Crash.net that several riders had shown an interest in the WCM vacancies, however, with Alex Hofmann and Jeremy McWilliams the pre-Christmas favourites until the German opted for d'Antin.

McWilliams, however, could be a good bet for a team attempting to refine a new package, with his experience out-weighing his 41 years. The Irish veteran campaigned a Stobart Honda in the British Superbike series in 2005, but has made no secret of his desire to return to grands prix.

Neither Clifford or Bimota was available to comment on the latest rumour, which will be monitored with interest in the coming weeks.

NINA_BCN
01-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Tickets for Catalunya Grand Prix already on sale :banana:
News, 14/01/06

Tickets for the next MotoGP Gran Premi Cinzano de Catalunya, which will be held on June 16th, 17th and 18th, have already been put on sale with discounts of up to 5% for all categories of admission.

The pre-sale period will be prolonged until May 17th, and the expected discounts will be stored for promotions aimed at the youngest spectators. The Circuit of Catalunya has put in place a series of vending points, including the website of the circuit www.circuitcat.com, the ServiCaixa section of bank “La Caixa”. Department store “El Corte Inglés” and the different offices of the RACC in Spain will also offer tickets, the latter making them available for members.

Those younger than 14 accompanied by an adult will only pay half the admission price, whilst those younger than 5 will have free access to the unoccupied grandstand areas.

The Catalunya Grand Prix will be the race with the largest number of giant screens in all of the World Championship. A total of 16 “video walls” will allow fans to follow every detail of the Grand Prix´s development through all parts of the circuit.

I'll go to the circuit again. ;)

NINA_BCN
01-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Chris Vermeulen talks about his first impressions of preseason ;)
Interview, 15/01/06

Chris Vermeulen will be one of the most important newcomers to MotoGP in the 2006 season. After a few days of rest in Australia, and with his sights already set on the imminent Sepang test that in little more than a week will mark the resumption of the preseason, the young Suzuki Rider has explained to motogp.com his present state, his feelings and hopes for 2006.

What have you been up to since your last test with Suzuki at Sepang?

I have been in Australia enjoying the sun and the surf and training a lot, running, motocross, surfing and water skiing etc. I am also into my old cars and have been doing some cruising with the Hot Rod club.

Sepang was your first proper test with the GSV-R. How does it compare to the RC211V you rode at the Australian and Turkish GP?

The GSV-R from my first impression is a great bike, it was very easy to get on and be reasonably fast. The chassis, suspension and tyre combination work very well together, but it does not have as much power as the Honda. Suzuki know that their biggest problem lies with horsepower, so hopefully we can improve that this year.

For the uninitiated, the switch from WSBK to MotoGP may seem to be an obvious move due to the common engine capacity and 4-stroke cycle... What struck you the most when you first rode on a MotoGP machine, and how did it affect your riding style?

I think where the similarities end between a SBK and a MotoGP bike is that they have 2 wheels. There were a lot of things that struck me about my first rides on a GP bike, for instance weightwise a GP bike is lighter and smaller. The brakes, being carbon fibre, work very differently to normal steel brakes and the power and engine management control and what is adjustable with it is incredible, making it very hard to get it working right for yourself. I found that with my riding style on the GP bike I had to have a lot more finesse and be smoother.

Testing will resume in a couple of weeks in Malaysia. What kind of training have you been doing? Did you have to modify your training regime compared to previous pre-seasons?

I have always trained hard for motorcycle racing and my training has not changed this year. I do a lot of running, mountain biking, some gym work, motocross and surfing etc.

What do you expect to be the biggest difficulty in your rookie year? (learning the bike, the tracks, getting used to the race format, etc...?)

All of that is going to be hard! I thing that when I go to the races there will be 6 tracks that I don't know when I get there so that is not going to be easy, but the biggest thing I think will be getting used to a MotoGP machine and learning to use it to its full potential.

As a factory rider, you will now have a direct input on the development of the bike you will race. What do you expect from this new aspect of your 'job'?

I am very excited to have this opportunity to work directly with a factory like Suzuki. It is going to be a lot of work I believe but I have the chance to make the machine work around me. This is a point that Mick Doohan emphasized to me. This is my first year working directly with a factory.

And finally, what are your hopes for the 2006 season?

My hopes are to improve throughout the year and to be competitive with John [Hopkins] and hopefully our efforts - team, factory and riders - can make this a winning package.

NINA_BCN
01-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Biaggi signs Suzuki WSBK deal

Barry Thomas - 12/01/2005

In what seems to be the final part of the Max Biaggi saga, the Roman Emperor :haha: has confirmed his divorce with MotoGP, blaming Honda for his inability to find a Grand Prix seat for next seat, and has now signed a deal to ride a fourth Corona-backed Suzuki in next year's World Superbike Championship.

So, after weeks, even months of negotiations, Max Biaggi is to quit MotoGP and join fellow MotoGP refugees Troy Bayliss, Alex Barros, Ruben Xaus and Franc Battaini in World Superbikes, but on the even of signing with Corona Suzuki, the Emperor had one last swipe at former employers Honda.

"As all of you already know I've have been put in this terrible situation by Honda and therefore I won't participate at the 2006 MotoGP Championship," he told his official website, before adding that a book containing many home truths will be released shortly.

"As for Superbikes, I have always appreciated this category, I also have few friends in there and they have all my respect," he added. "So this opportunity is a very good one."

At the time, a deal with Suzuki hadn't been signed, but on Wednesday, the 34-year old is reported to have put pen to paper to ride a fourth Suzuki GSXR1000 prepared by reignning champions Team Alstare Suzuki Corona, alongside reigning champion Troy Corser, Yukio Kagayama and France's Fabien Foret.

The bike appeared in the provisional 2006 World Superbike entry list issued by the sports governing body, the FIM, on Wednesday, but it is thought that Biaggi will carry the number 30 as former MotoGP rider Norick Abe (Yamaha) has already claimed the No3.

Biaggi's first taste of the 1000cc Suzuki GSXR1000 will come during a four-day test at Phillip Island, Australia, next week (17-20), before heading to the Losail circuit in Qatar for a two-day test ahead of the opening round on the same circuit on February 25th.

www.eurosport.com

Suzi
01-19-2006, 12:30 PM
i dunno if its been mentioned

Roberts to ride for dad

From correspondents in London
January 19, 2006

FORMER world champion Kenny Roberts junior will ride for his father and namesake in a Honda-powered MotoGP team this year.

Honda will supply British-based Team KR with 900cc engines to power a Roberts-designed bike, a MotoGP spokesman said overnight.

American rider Roberts junior won the 500cc world championship with Suzuki in 2000, becoming the first son of a champion to take the title, but left it at the end of a disappointing 2005 season.

Kenny Roberts senior won three 500cc championships but his team struggled last year, missing part of the championship after losing engine supplier KTM.

NINA_BCN
01-19-2006, 01:43 PM
:yeah: Thanks Suzi!!! :kiss:

NINA_BCN
01-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Honda set out their plans for 2006
News, 19/01/06

Honda Motors have revealed their battleplan for 2006 season. In a statement issued this Wednesday, the Japanese company expressed their desire to “Secure the Championship in every category, from facing this new challenge until victory with a new generation of young riders”.

The Japanese factory confirmed that they would start with six official RC211Vs on the 2006 grid, represented by four teams – Repsol Honda, Fortuna Honda, Konica Minolta Honda and Honda LCR, in addition to being motor supplier for Team Roberts. The company goal is to win both the rider and constructors titles.

In the 250cc category, Honda will participate with four riders spread over two teams-Repsol Honda Team 250 and Team Scot- onboard the RS250RW. In the former, Argentine Sebas Porto will be accompanied by Shuhei Aoyama, All-Japan Championship 250cc winner in 2005 and the third rider to benefit from the Honda Racing Scholarship after his brother Hiroshi and Yuki Takahashi, who will continue with Team Scot together with Italian Andrea Dovizioso.

alexito
01-20-2006, 10:27 AM
team ducatti 2006
se ve bien sete de rojo :)

NINA_BCN
01-20-2006, 01:55 PM
team ducatti 2006
se ve bien sete de rojo :)
:yeah:

Estoy deseando que llegue abril. :bounce:

alexito
01-20-2006, 04:38 PM
por suerte he grabado algunas carreras y tambien veo videos en la web de motogp, asi no extraño tanto motociclismo y no se me hace tan larga la espera

NINA_BCN
01-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Yo tengo grabadas las 3 últimas temporadas y algunas carreras de otros años. ;) La más vieja que tengo es del 96, de Brno (Rep.Checa). Allí Crivi ganó a Doohan por 7 milésimas de segundo (por eso la guardé) y da la casualidad que Valentino ganó su primera carrera en el mundial. :lol: Los comentaristas, Valentín Requena y Ángel Nieto, no daban crédito a lo que hacía. :lol: Ese Vale......:rolleyes:

alexito
01-20-2006, 08:56 PM
a valentino? despues de eso nadie le hara mas caso a esos dos.
yo empece tarde a seguirlo, cuando estaba en 250cc y me impresiono.
no se si sera tanto como valentino, pero le tengo muchisima fe a pedrosa, no se si este año, pero que sera un grande, bue, ya lo es sin ninguna duda. pero tambien lo sera en motogp en los proximos años. si es cierto que valentino se retira proximamente del motociclismo, pedrosa lo reemplazara como piloto a perseguir por el resto de la categoria.

NINA_BCN
01-20-2006, 10:26 PM
a valentino? despues de eso nadie le hara mas caso a esos dos.
yo empece tarde a seguirlo, cuando estaba en 250cc y me impresiono.
no se si sera tanto como valentino, pero le tengo muchisima fe a pedrosa, no se si este año, pero que sera un grande, bue, ya lo es sin ninguna duda. pero tambien lo sera en motogp en los proximos años. si es cierto que valentino se retira proximamente del motociclismo, pedrosa lo reemplazara como piloto a perseguir por el resto de la categoria.
Pues si, y en cuanto a éxitos ya supera a Valentino. ;) Lo que aún no tiene es su "carisma" (aunque ahora Vale está metido en una urna de cristal). :o
jejejeje El otro dia vi unas fotos de Max en un formula 1. :rolleyes: Los "dinosaurios" de motogp tienen que buscar salidas por donde sea (aunque él ya ha fichado por el equipo Suzuki de SBK). ;)

alexito
01-20-2006, 11:20 PM
tenes razon, antes era mas simpatico valentino, ya perdio eso, como que esta aburrido de ganar.

NINA_BCN
01-20-2006, 11:53 PM
tenes razon, antes era mas simpatico valentino, ya perdio eso, como que esta aburrido de ganar.
Eso es porque antes no tenía todo el lio mediático y de promociones que tiene ahora. Él es una máquina de hacer billetes y lo están explotando al máximo, además de la responsabilidad que conlleva todo lo que ha conseguido. :o Eso amarga el carácter a cualquiera. :o

alexito
01-21-2006, 07:07 PM
el lunes empieza los test!!!!!!!!!!
en jerez, tanto algunos de 125 como de 250

depuniet, con kawa, ira a malasia

NINA_BCN
01-21-2006, 11:12 PM
el lunes empieza los test!!!!!!!!!!
en jerez, tanto algunos de 125 como de 250

depuniet, con kawa, ira a malasia
:woohoo: ¡¡¡¡¡Por fin!!!!! :woohoo:

almouchie
01-21-2006, 11:42 PM
what happening with max biaggi

cannt see any1 troubling valentino

Suzi
01-21-2006, 11:47 PM
biaggis gone to WSBK i think

NINA_BCN
01-22-2006, 10:26 AM
what happening with max biaggi

cannt see any1 troubling valentino
Max didn't find a team in MotoGP. That's why he decided to ride at the Superbikes World Championship with a Suzuki. (I posted it one week ago). ;) He'll find Barros, Xaus, Rolfo and Fonsi Nieto there. :p

NINA_BCN
01-22-2006, 01:00 PM
The MotoGP teams pit themselves against each other in Sepang
News, 22/01/06

The 2006 MotoGP season starts for real on Monday at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia, where the majority of the premier class teams will gather over three days. The Honda teams (with the exception of Konica Minolta) Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Ducati will go head to head for the first time this preseason.

After the two month winter break, the teams and their riders will line up at the Sepang Test with their batteries fully recharged and excited at the prospect of returning to work. These practice sessions signal the start of an intense work schedule that in the next three months will prepare the teams for March´s season opener in Jerez.

Although some of the teams have already taken to the Malaysian track for work in 2005´s final tests, it will be tomorrow that the teams start unveiling their new additions and the prototypes with which they will aim for World Championship victory.

It will be the first outing for the factory Yamaha team of Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards after the announcement of their new sponsorship deal with Camel. The other attractions of the tests will of course include the sight of Sete Gibernau locking horns with Rossi as Ducati´s new rider.

It will also be interesting to watch the development of 2006´s premier class rookies on their new 990cc machines. Dani Pedrosa, Chris Vermeulen and Randy de Puniet will all be on show, in addition to Casey Stoner, who debuts on the RC211V of Lucio Cecchinello.

Kawasaki Racing will send Naoki Matsudo to the circuit in addition to their official riders De Puniet and Shinya Nakano. Matsudo recently became the new development rider for the Japanese team. Team Roberts will also step out this preseason with Kenny Roberts Jr, after confirming that Honda will provide their 2006 bikes. motoGP.com will keep you comprehensively informed of all the happenings at 2006´s first Test. Every day a timetable and complete report chronicling the day´s events will be at your disposal. In addition to this, there will be interviews with the main players of the day with images and summaries- so you won´t miss a single detail. The 2006 season starts here!

NINA_BCN
01-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Rossi goes fastest in first day of Test :rolleyes:
News, 23/01/06

Valentino Rossi has clocked the fastest time of the Sepang Test´s first day, a meeting which started today and marks the resumption of the 2006 preseason.

The Italian rider, with an official time of 2'02.09, went round the track on the newest version of the M1 at a speed only four decimals off Loris Capirossi´s pole-earning time from last season.

The Italian rider later expressed his opinions on the practice:

"It's always a little difficult to start again after the holidays, and I am never sure if I will be able to ride well straight away! Today however everything has felt good right from the start and I am already quite fast. The new M1 is a good bike, I like it and I can see that Yamaha has worked very hard over the winter. We had a few problems with it today; some chattering, but in reality it is good for this stage of the year. We still have a lot of work to do on it of course"

On the evolution of the M1, Rossi explained his plans for the adjustment:

"The new bike is not so different from the 2005 bike, but still we have to understand completely its character and I have to get more confidence in it, then we can begin to make the modifications needed in order to improve it. Today has just been about understanding the bike, tomorrow we will concentrate more on tyres with Michelin."

Behind the reigning World Champion´s Camel Yamaha, and not far behind at that, were a pack of Honda riders. Nicky Hayden, Marco Melandri and Dani Pedrosa all placed highly, with Pedrosa´s time the fourth fastest and one which made him the quickest Spaniard of the day.

Sete Gibernau rounded off the group of six riders to go round within the same second as Rossi, in what was the first time the Italian and the Spaniard have faced each other since Gibernau joined Ducati Marlboro.

The first day of testing also served as the debut on their new bikes for Kenny Roberts Jr, Alex Hofmann and José Luis Cardoso, the latter two D´Antin Ducati´s newest recruits.

Test Sepang
First Day
Unofficial Times
1. Valentino Rossi - Camel Yamaha 2'02.14
2. Marco Melandri - Fortuna Honda 2'02.21
3. Nicky Hayden - Repsol Honda 2'02.23
4. Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda 2'02.46
5. Loris Capirossi - Ducati Marlboro 2'02.54
6. Colin Edwards - Camel Yamaha 2'02.60
7. Sete Gibernau - Ducati Marlboro 2'02.86
8. John Hopkins - Suzuki MotoGP 2'03.30
9. Casey Stoner - LCR Honda 2'03.57
10. Shinya Nakano - Kawasaki Racing 2'03.77
11. Toni Elías - Fortuna Honda 2'03.80
12. Kenny Roberts - KR Honda 2'03.80
13. Randy de Puniet - Kawasaki Racing 2'03.90
14. Alex Hofmann - D'Antin Ducati 2'04.63
15. James Ellison - Yamaha 2'06.40
16. Chris Vermeulen - Suzuki MotoGP 2'06.50
17. Jose Luis Cardoso - D'Antin MotoGP 2'07.70
Sepang Lap Record: Nicky Hayden (Honda) 2005 – 2'02.993
Sepang Best Lap: Loris Capirossi (Ducati) 2005 – 2'01.731

alexito
01-23-2006, 05:05 PM
video motogp test sepang day 1
valentino rossi, dani pedrosa, stoner,melandri,elias, gibernau

http://rapidshare.de/files/11658781/mgpsep2301.wmv

NINA_BCN
01-23-2006, 07:59 PM
¡¡¡¡Gracias!!!! :kiss:

alexito
01-24-2006, 05:46 PM
en el segundo dia de test en sepag, primera las ducatti!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.- sete gibernau
2.- capirossi
3.- edward
4.- hayden
5.- pedrosa
6.- hopkins
7.- depuniet
8.- stoner
9.- rossi
10.- nakano

el video que puse no tiene exito, asi que no pondre mas.

NINA_BCN
01-24-2006, 09:25 PM
en el segundo dia de test en sepag, primera las ducatti!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.- sete gibernau
2.- capirossi
3.- edward
4.- hayden
5.- pedrosa
6.- hopkins
7.- depuniet
8.- stoner
9.- rossi
10.- nakano
:bigclap:
el video que puse no tiene exito, asi que no pondre mas.
:awww: :sad:

alexito
01-25-2006, 04:57 PM
3er dia de test en sepag, sigue las ducatti al frente!!!!!!!!!!!

1.- gibernau
2.- capirossi
3.- melandri
4.- pedrosa
5.- rossi
6.- hayden
7.- nakano
8.- depuniet
9.- elias
10.- vermeulen

Nikki♥
01-25-2006, 05:59 PM
I probably won't be able to watch the race. :sad:

NINA_BCN
01-25-2006, 09:36 PM

1.- gibernau
2.- capirossi
3.- melandri
4.- pedrosa
5.- rossi
6.- hayden
7.- nakano
8.- depuniet
9.- elias
10.- vermeulen
:bigclap: ¡¡¡Así me gusta!!! :bigclap:

Ojalá que no pase como la temporada pasada........Sete dominó en casi todos los entrentrenamientos y acabó la temporada como acabó, con la moral por los suelos. :o

Galaxystorm
01-25-2006, 09:39 PM

Ojalá que no pase como la temporada pasada........Sete dominó en casi todos los entrentrenamientos y acabó la temporada como acabó, con la moral por los suelos. :o

Qué mente tan perversa la tuya !!! :o , esa ironía con mala intención la hubieran firmado los de Caiga quien Caiga con mucho gusto , como cuando mandaron un reportero al Circuito de Cheste y le suelta a Sete " Estás que te sales " , y Sete el pobre lo pilla por el buen sentido dándole las gracias :tape:

alexito
01-25-2006, 09:55 PM

siempre sete sera uno de mis favoritos, pero yo apuesto por pedrosa para este año.
aunque ya vimos durante estos ultimos años que rossi siempre esconde, y despues sale en las carreras y gana facil.

Suzi
01-25-2006, 10:19 PM

1.- gibernau
2.- capirossi
3.- melandri
4.- pedrosa
5.- rossi
6.- hayden
7.- nakano
8.- depuniet
9.- elias
10.- vermeulen

NINA_BCN
01-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Qué mente tan perversa la tuya !!! :o , esa ironía con mala intención la hubieran firmado los de Caiga quien Caiga con mucho gusto , como cuando mandaron un reportero al Circuito de Cheste y le suelta a Sete " Estás que te sales " , y Sete el pobre lo pilla por el buen sentido dándole las gracias :tape:
Pues si...:p si que está escrito con doble intenció. :mad: Tántos duelos que se prometían y......NADA. Via libre para Rossi. :rolleyes:

NINA_BCN
01-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Difficulties for Suzuki MotoGP in their return to work
News, 26/01/06

The Suzuki MotoGP team came up against some problems in the Sepang Test, which finished yesterday and was the return to work for the MotoGP teams after the winter break.

In any case, John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen, along with test rider Kousuke Akiyoshi (who focused his energies on chassis testing) showed evidence of an exciting progression throughout their first three days with the new Suzuki XRE4 GSV-R.

The American rider rode with race tyres, nearly a second faster than his best lap in last year´s Malaysian Grand Prix. However, electrical problems hampered his development. Vermeulen, for his part, was a revelation with improvements of up to four seconds on his first day times.

“I am obviously frustrated after what happened today. I really don’t like sitting in the garage and watching all my competitors go quicker and quicker. I feel like I now have a bit of catching up to do but I am certainly ready for that” commented Hopkins.

“However, despite the teething problems I still managed to go quicker at this test than I did last year and the bike showed good potential. If I can lap at those speeds with one hand tied behind my back, things will really pick up once this new bike is fully refined. I feel I’ve improved myself in terms of fitness, riding technique and mental strength. All the crew worked really hard – especially today – and we are leaving Sepang with a very positive feeling because we know what the bike, the team and I am capable of this year.”

Vermeulen, one of the most highly rated newcomers on the 2006 grid, was one of the most improved riders throughout the three sessions, finishing in tenth overall.

“It was great to have the new bike here to test. Over the three days we lost a bit of time due to various little things but today I really got a chance for a long run on the GSV-R. It felt great to be out there on track again with all the other riders and I was able to learn a lot from them about how to ride a GP bike” commented Vermeulen, before adding:

“I was pleased with my times as this is only the third test I’ve done and I got down to the low 2’02s. I know I can go a bit quicker but I also know that races aren’t won or lost at the first test of the season. There’s a lot more to come from me and from the bike, so I am very satisfied with how things are going.”

Suzuki MotoGP will return to the track on February 5th, carrying out a new three day testing stint in Qatar.

alexito
01-27-2006, 02:58 PM
proxima semana 3 dias de test en phillips island!!!!!!

NINA_BCN
01-27-2006, 03:24 PM

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 12:53 PM
2006 MotoGP - Provisional Entry List
News, 27/01/06

The FIM has announced today the MotoGP provisional entry list of the 2006 Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix:

5 COLIN EDWARDS USA CAMEL YAMAHA TEAM YAMAHA
6 MAKOTO TAMADA JPN JIR KONICA MINOLTA HONDA HONDA
10 KENNY ROBERTS USA TEAM ROBERTS KR211V
15 SETE GIBERNAU SPA DUCATI MARLBORO TEAM DUCATI
17 RANDY DE PUNIET FRA KAWASAKI RACING TEAM KAWASAKI
21 JOHN HOPKINS USA TEAM SUZUKI MOTOGP SUZUKI
24 TONI ELIAS SPA FORTUNA HONDA HONDA
25 JASON PEREZ USA WCM BIMOTA
26 DANI PEDROSA SPA REPSOL HONDA TEAM HONDA
27 CASEY STONER AUS HONDA LCR HONDA
30 JOSE LUIS CARDOSO SPA D'ANTIN PRAMAC DUCATI
33 MARCO MELANDRI ITA FORTUNA HONDA HONDA
46 VALENTINO ROSSI ITA CAMEL YAMAHA TEAM YAMAHA
56 SHINYA NAKANO JPN KAWASAKI RACING TEAM KAWASAKI
65 LORIS CAPIROSSI ITA DUCATI MARLBORO TEAM DUCATI
66 ALEX HOFMANN GER D'ANTIN PRAMAC DUCATI
69 NICKY HAYDEN USA REPSOL HONDA TEAM HONDA
71 CHRIS VERMEULEN AUS TEAM SUZUKI MOTOGP SUZUKI
77 JAMES ELLISON GBR TECH 3 YAMAHA YAMAHA
99 JEREMY McWILLIAMS GBR WCM BIMOTA :eek:
TBA TECH 3 YAMAHA YAMAHA

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 12:57 PM
250cc 2006 - Provisional Entry List
News, 27/01/06

The FIM has announced today the 250cc provisional entry list of the 2006 Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix:

4 HIROSHI AOYAMA JPN RED BULL KTM GP 250 KTM
5 ALEX DE ANGELIS RSM MASTER - MVA ASPAR TEAM APRILIA
14 ANTHONY WEST AUS KIEFER - BOS - CASTROL RACING APRILIA
15 ROBERTO LOCATELLI ITA TEAM TOTH APRILIA
19 SEBASTIAN PORTO ARG REPSOL HONDA HONDA
21 ARNAUD VINCENT FRA ARIE MOLENAAR RACING HONDA
23 ARTURO TIZON SPA WURTH HONDA BQR HONDA
24 JORDI CARCHANO SPA STOP AND GO RACING TEAM HONDA
25 ALEX BALDOLINI ITA MATTEONI RACING APRILIA
28 DIRK HEIDOLF GER KIEFER - BOS - CASTROL RACING APRILIA
34 ANDREA DOVIZIOSO ITA HUMANGEST TEAM 250cc HONDA
36 MARTIN CARDENAS COL WURTH HONDA BQR HONDA
41 MICHELE DANESE ITA WTR BLAUER USA APRILIA
44 TARO SEKIGUCHI JPN TICINO HOSTING CAMPETELLA RACING APRILIA
48 JORGE LORENZO SPA FORTUNA APRILIA HONDA :scratch:
50 SYLVAIN GUINTOLI FRA EQUIPE GP DE FRANCE - SCRAB APRILIA
54 MANUEL POGGIALI RSM RED BULL KTM GP 250 KTM
55 YUKI TAKAHASHI JPN HUMANGEST TEAM 250cc HONDA
56 MATHIEU GINES FRA EQUIPE GP DE FRANCE - SCRAB APRILIA
57 CHAZ DAVIES GBR TICINO HOSTING CAMPETELLA RACING APRILIA
58 MARCO SIMONCELLI ITA SQUADRA CORSE METIS

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 01:07 PM
125cc 2006 - Provisional Entry List
News, 27/01/06

The FIM has announced today the 125cc provisional entry list of the 2006 Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix:

1 THOMAS LUTHI SUI ELIT CAFFE LATTE HONDA :haha:
6 JOAN OLIVE SPA SSM RACING APRILIA
7 ALEXIS MASBOU FRA MALAGUTI AJO CORSE MALAGUTI
8 LORENZO ZANETTI ITA SKILLED I.S.P.A. RACING TEAM APRILIA
9 MICHAEL RANSEDER GER RED BULL KTM JUNIOR TEAM KTM
10 ANGEL RODRIGUEZ SPA TOTTI TOP SPORT - 3C APRILIA
11 SANDRO CORTESE GER ELIT CAFFE LATTE HONDA :rolls:
12 FEDERICO SANDI ITA SSM RACING APRILIA
14 GABOR TALMACSI HUN HUMANGEST TEAM 125cc HONDA
15 MICHELE PIRRO ITA WTR BLAUER USA APRILIA
16 MICHELE CONTI ITA SEEDORF RACING WORLD APRILIA
17 STEFAN BRADL GER RED BULL KTM JUNIOR TEAM KTM
18 NICOLAS TEROL SPA DERBI RACING DERBI
19 ALVARO BAUTISTA SPA MASTER - MVA ASPAR TEAM APRILIA
20 ROBERTO TAMBURINI ITA MATTEONI RACING APRILIA :scratch: *
22 PABLO NIETO SPA MULTIMEDIA RACING APRILIA
23 LORENZO BARONI ITA HUMANGEST TEAM 125cc HONDA
24 SIMONE CORSI ITA METIS RACING TEAM GILERA
26 VINCENT BRAILLARD SUI MULTIMEDIA RACING APRILIA
27 STEFANO BIANCO ITA TOTTI TOP SPORT - 3C APRILIA
28 JULES CLUZEL FRA ANGAIA RACING HONDA
29 ANDREA IANNONE FRA TICINO HOSTING CAMPETELLA RACING APRILIA
32 FABRIZIO LAI ITA SEEDORF RACING WORLD APRILIA
33 SERGIO GADEA SPA MASTER - MVA ASPAR TEAM APRILIA
35 RAFFAELE DE ROSA ITA MULTIMEDIA RACING APRILIA
36 MIKA KALLIO FIN RED BULL KTM GP 125 KTM
37 JOEY LITJENS NED ARIE MOLENAAR RACING HONDA
38 BRADLEY SMITH GBR REPSOL HONDA HONDA
41 ALEIX ESPARGARO SPA WURTH HONDA BQR HONDA
44 KAREL ABRAHAM CZE CARDION AB MOTORACING APRILIA
45 IMRE TOTH HUN TEAM TOTH APRILIA
46 MATEO TUNEZ SPA MASTER - MVA ASPAR TEAM APRILIA
52 LUKAS PESEK CZE DERBI RACING DERBI
53 SIMONE GROTZKI ITA TICINO HOSTING CAMPETELLA RACING APRILIA
55 HECTOR FAUBEL SPA MASTER - MVA ASPAR TEAM APRILIA
60 JULIAN SIMON SPA RED BULL KTM GP 125 KTM
63 MIKE DI MEGLIO FRA FFM HONDA TEAM HONDA
71 TOMOYOSHI KOYAMA JPN MALAGUTI AJO CORSE MALAGUTI
75 MATTIA PASINI ITA MASTER - MVA ASPAR TEAM APRILIA

*edit* Massimo Tamburini, an italian rider of the 70's and now, one of the designers of MV-Augusta. ;)

MV-Agusta 1000 Tamburini
http://www.hrkaufmann.ch/MV/mv_images/1000tamburini03_500.jpg

alexito
01-28-2006, 08:03 PM
la motogp esta interesante, la 250 no tanto, y la 125, que raro luthi siendo campeon que no pase a 250, igual que kallio.

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 08:06 PM
la motogp esta interesante, la 250 no tanto, y la 125, que raro luthi siendo campeon que no pase a 250, igual que kallio.
No es nada raro si se comparan las carreras de 125 cc del año pasado con las de otras temporada: los tiempos fueron peores. Eso indica que aún han de trabajar mucho para poder dar el salto de categoría, sinó se los comerían vivos. :rolleyes:

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:01 PM
omg there naming them selves after a coffee ooo er how chic :p

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 09:29 PM
:lol: I want to see the caffe latte bikes. What will be their colour? :p

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:36 PM
brown with a hint of cream :p

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 09:37 PM
brown with a hint of cream :p
:rolls:

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Btw, who's the guy of your avatar???? :confused:

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:40 PM
nicholas tse :aplot:

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 09:41 PM
nicholas tse :aplot:
Who??? :confused:

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:43 PM
exactly

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:44 PM
so there was really no point in me telling u who it was :p

(but he does like to race :p )

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 09:45 PM
so there was really no point in me telling u who it was :p

(but he does like to race :p )
:ras:

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:47 PM

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 09:49 PM
I've just found that he's a singer 15 days older than me. :haha:

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:51 PM
ummmmm wot u actually like googled him or sumthing :p

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:51 PM
I've just found that he's a singer 15 days older than me. :haha:
also an sctor may i add!!!

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 09:52 PM
ummmmm wot u actually like googled him or sumthing :p
Yes but, he doesn't seem the same guy of your avatar in the pics that I've found. :confused:

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:53 PM
hehe he changes his looks loads!!! this is just one of the better ones :p

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:54 PM
hes my new obsession ;) haha

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 09:56 PM
hes my new obsession ;) haha
I've never heard of him. :o I'll have to "eMule" him. :p

Suzi
01-28-2006, 09:57 PM
hehe obv not, unless ur like chinese so.......

NINA_BCN
01-28-2006, 10:05 PM
hehe obv not, unless ur like chinese so.......
There are some songs in english. ;) Tell me which are the best ones.
-You can't stop me (that seems a version of "Don't stop me now") :p
-Without me
-Say I love you 1000 times
-Oasis
-Let me die :o

Suzi
01-28-2006, 10:11 PM
let me die is actually quite sad but its much better in cantonese cos his english singing shall we say aint great!! :p

anyways got to sleep :p :zzz: night night

NINA_BCN
01-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Wayne Gardner returns to the races :yeah:
News, 28/01/06

Wayne Gardner, 500cc World Champion in 1987, will zip up the competition leathers again this weekend to participate in the 13th edition of the AMCN Island Classic.

Gardner heads a list of some 200 participants. The race will give the Australian the opportunity to compete at Phillip Island for the first time since his two consecutive victories in 1989 and 1990.

The Annual Island Classic offers fans a unique chance to enjoy riders and bikes from Motorcycling history.

“I don´t think there could be a better circuit for my return to the competition. It's got so many good memories for me, plus it's so enjoyable to ride around." Gardner explained.

"When I retired in 1992 I said I'd never race a motorcycle again, but the itch needs scratching. I guess Barry Sheene said the same thing when he retired, and I look at how much fun he had when he returned to racing. That's the main reason I'm doing it - for fun."

The G50 Gardner will ride at the Island is the bike usually raced by World Classic Champion Glen English, and is being air-freighted to Australia specially for the event.

Suzi
01-29-2006, 04:03 PM
oo is it my imagination or isnt alex criville (yeah cant spell) coming back to motogp or something similar ???

Galaxystorm
01-29-2006, 04:06 PM
oo is it my imagination or isnt alex criville (yeah cant spell) coming back to motogp or something similar ???

He's coming back as Toni Elias advisor , and you have spelt correctly Alex Criville ;)