The Captain Obvious Thread. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Captain Obvious Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Deboogle!.
04-04-2005, 03:35 AM
I think CaptainObviousBrad deserves it..... especially after this latest winner of a posting. There's too much crap to make fun of in his posts, we might as well collect them all in one place ;)
-----------------
4.3.2005 -

Iím totally Kimphatic about Clijsters pulling off the daily double the last two weeks! The only other person to accomplish this feat was Steffi. Clijsters has announced her presence once again on the WTA Tour. In her meteoric return to the game she went through six top ten players, for that effort she gets the Bud Ice player of the week award.

Big props to Nadal, who despite a losing effort has declared himself a force to be reckoned with on the hard courts. In the first set Federer was surprised by Nadalís high and heavy ball. Nadal had the Federer Express on the defensive for the first three sets and was a sniff away from the biggest win of his career. Then it was like some computer chip went off in Rogerís brain and he started to do some damage with his forehand. The whole match kind of reminded my of Andyís 03 semifinal five set comeback over Nalbadian. This kid is only 18 and he moves as well as Federer and might even be as fast as Hewitt. I see Nadal as a cross between Muster and Vilas. Look for him to be this year's Coria on clay. Heís also my early pick to win Roland Garros, which he missed the last two years because of injuries.
==============

My comments:
~Kimphatic???????????????????
~OK so the match actually reminded me of Andy's USO SF too :awww:
~I don't think Rafa really wants to be this year's Coria, does he? no, I wouldn't think sooooooooooo.

snaillyyy
04-04-2005, 03:42 AM
Good idea Deb, he certainly has plenty "hot air" coming out of that mouth of his to provide entertainment for a long time to come :p

Errrr Brad can you try something original anytime soon :rolleyes: Though I do have to say the "Kimphatic" gave me a good laugh.

liptea
04-04-2005, 04:40 AM
Look, it's Brad Gilbert!

Chloe le Bopper
04-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Nadal won't win Roland Garros. It's too soon. Give him a year or two, he hasn't even played there before.

That match didn't remind me of the Andy-David semifinal whatsoever. Nadal did everything he could and didn't choke. Roger simply stepped it up to another level and that was it. Nadal will probably develop that "extra gear" in the future. If he had it today, it could have been different. IMO, David dipped after the third set in their match. Oh, and then he proceeded to sit out for most of the rest of the year because his wirst was busted. Sorry... not seeing it.

Being this years Coria would be fine if it means we can leave the ridiculous RG final out.

But seirously Brad... there is no room on the Nadal bandwagon. We're a packed house of 6, and there is no room for you. Sorry. You lost your spot when you wrote him off a year ago.

J. Corwin
04-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Gotta love our friend Brad Gilbert ;)

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/images/G016_AS.jpg

(Brad: "That picture is of me")

jessa007
04-04-2005, 05:31 PM
BG :lol:

http://jewishsportshalloffame.com/Hebrew/JSHF/images/Brad_Gilbert.jpg

gorgeous
04-04-2005, 05:41 PM
And the pic up there.... ugh, the hair!!! :eek:

that killed me. that really killed me. (that means i'm dead.)
:haha:

surfpinky
04-04-2005, 07:35 PM
For some reason, looking at that picture makes me think of miami vice :cool:

andyroxmysox12191
04-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Nice idea of a thread deb :yeah:
Brad's horrible in pics (but danielle looks awesome!)...watch me end up running into him at the practice day though and ask for a pic :lol:

roisin
04-04-2005, 09:28 PM
brads a babe :rolls:
and he says the most interesting thing ;)

Saumon
04-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Brad is sexay :drool:

NOT!! :devil:

superpinkone37
04-06-2005, 10:36 PM
I like Brad's updates for the humor I find when he goes on and on about nothing we didnt already know. :rolleyes: But this whole thread....:haha: :haha:

blosson
04-06-2005, 10:39 PM
bradlicious cookies - past their sale date. they don't make them anymore, recipe gone missing. taste staled.

MissFairy
04-09-2005, 07:25 PM
so heres the deal, Andy was probably like, 'So Brad, how am i gonna get back to Number One?'

Brad: 'Play some ball'

the result? the 2004 Season :o

Deboogle!.
04-11-2005, 11:37 PM
The Captain strikes again!

4.11.2005 -

Last week marked the official start of the clay court season and now this week with the Masters Series event taking place at Monte-Carlo we will get a good look at the early favorites for Roland Garros. The seven weeks that leads up to RG is unique only to the red stuff on the tennis calendar. No other surface in tennis enjoys such exclusivity. That being the case, Iíd like to bring up my qualm of the day. The U.S. needs to deal with the current trend of not having any real clay court contenders. Weíve got only one American (Spadea) playing this week in Monte-Carlo. Part of the problem is the lack of red clay courts in the U.S. The green stuff is not the same, itís to fast and slippery. This is a big oversight on our part. We should have our juniors starting out on clay when they are young. Itís like learning how to ski; itís much easier to learn when youíre a little kid than when youíre an adult. I was 19 the first time that I played on clay. It took me years to learn how to move on it.

There are 12 to 14 guys that can really play well on the red stuff. But the guy that I have my money is Nadal. I remember the first time I saw him play; he was only 15, and I was blown away. He has made some major improvements to his game in the last year and has recently gained a lot of confidence. His backhand has improved greatly since the 04 U.S. Open. I think he can still get better on his serve. He and "Club Fed" could meet up in the semis. Iíd pay $500.00 to see that match.

snaillyyy
04-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks Deb :)
Sooo besides his Captain Obvious drivel we can add to his drool list :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
04-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Yea... I mean, I didn't see him forcing claycourts upon Andy when he was his coach.. now he preaches like the claycourt master?

BiancaUL
04-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Club Fed = fictionalized prison for white collar criminals

I know if I were Roger, I'd always want to be referenced like that.

NATAS81
04-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Hey, if it's white collar resort prison, it ain't all bad!

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2005, 05:02 AM
I remember the first time I saw him play; he was only 15, and I was blown away.

Oh, quit trying to hump Rafa's leg. I clearly remember you dismissing him as "overrated" at Wimbledon 2003, Brad.

Deboogle!.
04-15-2005, 05:45 AM
the captain strikes again :yawn: I'm dying to know what exactly the "clays" are, and why we're letting them begin? And what are they beginning to do? :scratch:
------------
4.14.2005 -

The usual suspects have shown up and are sticking around in Monte-Carlo. What weíre seeing here is a prelude to the later rounds of Roland Garros. For me, as a tennis fan, Iím really looking forward to the quarterfinal match ups. Itís great to see the return of Coria and the re-emergence of Juan Carlos Ferrero. How about Richard Gasquet whoís riding the wave of a 15 match win streak? There was a lot of hype surrounding this guy a couple of years ago, so itís nice to see him winning matches. Weíre also very close to must see TV. What Iím really hoping for is semifinals re-match of the Miami final between Nadal and Federer. Let the clays begin!

Tatiana looked good in her win over Venus and needs to follow this effort up with a win tomorrow against Petrova. The thing missing from her results this year is consistency. Itís also great to have Henin-Hardenne back in the mix. If she can get 15 matches in before Roland Garrors sheíll be a serious contender there.

Tytta!.
04-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Brad :scratch:

tangerine_dream
04-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Juanqui :banana:

…owyn
04-16-2005, 01:54 AM
i like brad he's funny!

but turtles not allowed to be this seasons coria! coria has to be this seasons coria :rolleyes:

heya
04-16-2005, 05:47 AM
Drysdale: "He's just a serve and a forehand."
Gilbert: "Rest. Don't go to Europe. haha" "160 mph!!!"
"He doesn't need to work on backhands, using angles/drop shots."
"It's Andy's fault that he lost a set." (because the umpire gave a bad call.)
"He can get lucky and stay in the top 5."
John McEnroe: "I didn't realize he could reach #1. Tremendous effort."
Pat McEnroe: "He'll win 6 slams total. He'll win the US Open because the crowd and the wind will help him". :o
(Obviously, he bullshitted on ESPN because he needed to use Andy in Davis Cup. Although, Pat went on Don Imus' show to laugh at the US DC team.)

Andy couldn't lie successfully.
He claimed proudly that he gave his best even though he dumped
5 points in a row and bashed the ball as hard as possible til he looked ragged & foolish.
Thanks to the lovely advice of untalented coaches/worthless practice partners.
Keep double faulting, choking on set points & 93284 break point chances,
failing to keep the ball in with stupid moonballs.
Keep refusing to work
on your weight problem, Andy.

I guess winners don't always recognize that they're champions.
Of course, he never choked. Only Nalbandian + God choked.

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 05:50 AM
HEYA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :aparty: :dance: :yippee: :hug: :kiss:

Tytta!.
04-16-2005, 01:19 PM
heya!!! :banana: We missed you! :kiss:

MissFairy
04-16-2005, 01:24 PM
hehe way to make a return Heya :hug: :dance:

very biting as always, welcome back :)

superpinkone37
04-16-2005, 07:51 PM
heya!! :banana:

Deboogle!.
04-16-2005, 08:29 PM
the captain is spoiling us!

4.16.2005 -

How about this kid Gasquet. Itís like where have you been? Well now heís back. I remember the hype around this guy a few years ago was equal to what were hearing about Donald Young. He sends Cub Fed packing for his 16th win in a row. When he takes on Nadal it will be grudge match, Iím not sure quite what went down, but thereís no love lost between these two. This is the youngest Masters Series semifinal that I can ever remember. If Gasquet gets to the final against Coria the pressure from the French media, will be greater than what Henman has to deal with. Itís also kind of interesting that he and Tatiana are both in their first semifinals of big events in the same week.

These matches are must see T.V. and Iím bumming that I still canít get the Tennis Channel. The good news is that my they have signed a deal with Comcast so it should be available soon.

andyroxmysox12191
04-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Heya!!!!! :kiss: :banana: Glad to have you back!

roisin
04-24-2005, 04:14 PM
"I don't think I'm the favorite," said Captain Obvious Ferrero on facing Nadal.
a new captain obvious?! :eek:

Deboogle!.
04-24-2005, 04:15 PM
:lol: A couple of new ones, actually.

I couldn't quite hold serve after that. If you want to beat a guy like Andy, you aren't allowed to do that.:yeah:

roisin
04-24-2005, 04:24 PM
ah they're all looking up to and trying to be like the original captain obvious, the boy gilbert :rolls:

Carito_90
04-24-2005, 04:32 PM
"If Gasquet gets to the final against Coria the pressure from the French media, will be greater than what Henman has to deal with."

Never letting us down, Brad :)

Deboogle!.
04-24-2005, 07:39 PM
"originally posted by melzer" just killed me. d:no! don't die! ):

heya
04-25-2005, 03:22 AM
Wait, Gasquet played the greatest, most godly match of his life in Monte Carlo.
Quick, Andy...rehire your old coach Tarik!!!

Tytta!.
04-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Heya, I think Tarik isn't his coach anymore cos I didn't see him in MC when they showed Gasquet's box...

smucav
04-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Tarick only coached Gasquet for a few months. Gasquet is currently coached by his father & Eric Deblicker.

Tarick has been coaching Timothy Neilly (the winner of the 2004 Orange Bowl) since last fall:
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/player.asp?player=100018666

Deboogle!.
04-25-2005, 07:56 PM
ladies and gents, we have a new Captain Obvious!

I'm weird :haha: :yeah:

andyroxmysox12191
04-25-2005, 08:16 PM
:o:o:o
That seriously cracked me up :sobbing: I'm so honored to be in here! :rolleyes: :p
Oh I'm dead. Nice job Deb

Deboogle!.
04-25-2005, 08:17 PM
(:

tangerine_dream
04-25-2005, 09:23 PM

Right on, weirdos :yeah:

superpinkone37
04-25-2005, 11:43 PM
:haha: :haha: Good thing we love you to death Mani :lol: :hug:

Deboogle!.
04-29-2005, 03:13 AM
The Captain Strikes Again!

4.28.2005 -

I love the way Nadal has been playing; heís bringing a lot of excitement to the game. This guy is bigger, faster, and mentally much stronger than he was a year ago. The only thing Iím not sure about with him is the shorts or pants or whatever you call what heís been wearing. Itís great to see the revival of Ferrero and the arrival of Gasquet. I hope we are going to see a new rivalry between Gasquet and Nadal, they are the same age and primed for the challenge.

My big question is what happened to Safin? Since going 7-0 in the Australian Open, heís 5-5 in ATP events, not exactly what youíd expect from a Grand Slam champion. Itís also disappointing to see that Hewitt has not been able to play since hurting his toe against Federer in the final of Indian Wells. The next big question is how will the Yanks fair over on European clay?

Chloe le Bopper
04-29-2005, 03:17 AM
When he takes on Nadal it will be grudge match, Iím not sure quite what went down, but thereís no love lost between these two.

Um, Brad apparently has sources that nobody else does. Possible I suppose, but if these two had anything more than a competitive rivalry going on, don't you think the 600 "Nadal-Gasquet" articles that have been pumped out in the last couple years would have picked up on it? One source even claimed they hung out at RG last year when Nadal was visitting and busted. :shrug:

I don't doubt that they really really want to beat each other. But that doesn't mean it's personal.

Deboogle!.
04-29-2005, 03:18 AM
Um, Brad apparently has sources that nobody else does. Yeah, he does. His imagination;)

Chloe le Bopper
04-29-2005, 03:18 AM
The Captain Strikes Again!

4.28.2005 -

I love the way Nadal has been playing; heís bringing a lot of excitement to the game. This guy is bigger, faster, and mentally much stronger than he was a year ago. The only thing Iím not sure about with him is the shorts or pants or whatever you call what heís been wearing. Itís great to see the revival of Ferrero and the arrival of Gasquet. I hope we are going to see a new rivalry between Gasquet and Nadal, they are the same age and primed for the challenge.

My big question is what happened to Safin? Since going 7-0 in the Australian Open, heís 5-5 in ATP events, not exactly what youíd expect from a Grand Slam champion. Itís also disappointing to see that Hewitt has not been able to play since hurting his toe against Federer in the final of Indian Wells. The next big question is how will the Yanks fair over on European clay?
Holy shit.

snaillyyy
04-29-2005, 03:21 AM
I think he maybe need to be promoted from Captain to General :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
04-29-2005, 03:21 AM
Holy shit.:haha: I know, right? It's like... where do I begin.

Gah, I'm so glad Andy canned his ass :p

LOL Carole, maybe ;)

Chloe le Bopper
04-29-2005, 03:29 AM
That may have been his most obvious yet.

PennyThePenguin
04-29-2005, 03:01 PM

obviously didn't look at marat's past 4 seasons did he? ;) same pattern every year...well...except for the grand slam title :p

tangerine_dream
04-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Marat wins AO and people are still writing him off. :lol:

PennyThePenguin
04-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Marat wins AO and people are still writing him off. :lol:

shit happens ;)

then again..this IS captain obvious brad....he no really like marat yeah? :p

Deboogle!.
04-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Jiat, I think Brad likes Marat... I've never gotten the impression he can't stand him.

PennyThePenguin
04-29-2005, 04:58 PM
well.....the hippo version of things is that brad was miffed marat didn't want to work with him :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

marat doesn't really like him as well :o

Deboogle!.
04-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Well there are always three sides to every story - the two parties' sides, and the truth :p

I mean, it's hard to argue that Marat is difficult to deal with and might be annoying to follow if you think he has potential that he's clearly not realizing :p I think that's all Brad feels - I think he likes him and likes his game and thinks he's good for tennis but as a "pundit" he might be frustrated with Marat's post-AO performance.

Of course, I'm just speculating;)

PennyThePenguin
04-29-2005, 05:02 PM
I mean, it's hard to argue that Marat is difficult to deal with and might be annoying to follow if you think he has potential that he's clearly not realizing :p

geee....i wonder why she thinks that way :scratch: :scratch: :p

Deboogle!.
04-30-2005, 01:54 AM
twice in 2 days - he's spoiling us!

4.29.2005 -

Iím excited, as womenís tennis has never been this strong before. The depth of the top ten has reached new heights. The only thing Iím not pleased about is the Belgian girls not getting any special seedings; this could become a real disaster at Roland Garros if Kimmy has to play Justine before the quarterfinals. The key for these two is to get plenty of matches in before Paris. Iím predicting that they meet in the final of Warsaw on Sunday with Kim winning in two tough sets.

It will be interesting to see how Golovin, Mauresmo, and Dechy hold up to the scrutiny and pressure of the French media and fans. Iím not expecting a Russian to make the finals again this year, but now would be the time for Kuznetsova, Myskina, and Dementieva to step up. I know one thing the road to the French Open final goes through Belgium this year.

Special shout out to my man Andre who is celebrating his 35th birthday today!

snaillyyy
04-30-2005, 02:12 AM
WOW can I handle 2 readings in one day :eek: :rolleyes: very riverting stuff Brad, spell binding, awe inspiring, edge of my seat thriller !!

heya
04-30-2005, 10:25 AM
RDick's parents aren't too smart since they urged their son to hire this thing to coach him. PMCalicious, Mary Carillo & the wonderful media were saying "he needs GILBERT o succeed at RG. He's not improving. He won't be a top player."
(of course, later that year, he became #1.)
The enthusiastic Raiders fan suddenly cried
"No more clay! You'll be more mature and emotionally stable with me, Brilliant Brad. As PMc said, u disrespect everyone on the court & u lose because u're angry."
That must true. Laziness, crap genes... & a prick COACH have nothing to do with it.
Gilbert is on ESPN until a real human being shows up to replace him as commentator.
Drysdale is senile. Everyone else is a joy to behold. :rolleyes:
Good old-fashioned, shallow, manipulative people. oh-so-fun. :scared:

Deboogle!.
05-04-2005, 04:29 AM
The Captain returns! :worship:
-----------------
5.3.2005 -

The Wrecking ball Rafael Nadal overtook Club Fed for most wins this year with a 6-0, 6-2 shellacking over Mikhail Youzhny in the first round of Rome. Nadal is 36-6 this year. Another young lefty, Zack Gilbert, doesnít believe that anybody can beat him and has Nadal successfully completing the Rome, Hamburg, and Paris trifecta, which may lead to the number one ranking? (:haha: :haha: Like father, like son :haha: :haha: :haha: )

We havenít had a top 5 lefty in the menís game since Muster. The last four lefties that won slams (Goran, Muster, Korda, and Gomez) were all one slam wonders, not this kid. But like I said before, he really reminds me alot of the Moo Man, but better. (:spit: :haha: MOO MAN???????????? What?????? DEATH!)

Andre will face a big challenge tomorrow in Gasquet. Heís giving up 17 years to the kid and this guys been playing his ass off. Again he had to play through the qualies for his second consecutive Master Series event. Sit back and enjoy a few Bud Iceís for this one.

If Andy and Verdasco win their matches tomorrow then they will meet up for the 3rd time this year. They are 1-1 so this has the makings for a good popcorn match. (STFU Brad)

Iíve got the popcorn and Bud Ice, but what I donít have is The Tennis Channel and from what Iíve heard they are showing all of these killer matches live, and then repeating them. The good news is that I wonít have to wait too much longer, as Comcast will be offering TTC soon. (SUCKAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nerner: )

tangerine_dream
05-04-2005, 04:40 AM
:spit: Roger = "Moo Man"? :haha: How dare he plaigarise us! :fiery:

Deboogle!.
05-04-2005, 04:42 AM
:secret: I think Moo Man was referring to Moo-ster? Cuz Muster is lefty, was good on clay, etc.... yeah?

am&a
05-04-2005, 04:43 AM
he probably visits our forum on a regular basis because we're the only ones that read his crap. d: (regardless of who moo man refers to. d: )

tangerine_dream
05-04-2005, 04:45 AM
Screw Mooooooster, there's only one Moo Man and that's Roger. ;)

am&a, I think you're right :scared:

Deboogle!.
05-04-2005, 04:46 AM
But it doesn't count - we only read what he says to make fun of it :p

Clara Bow
05-04-2005, 04:47 AM
I think Moo Man was referring to Moo-ster? Cuz Muster is lefty, was good on clay, etc.... yeah?

I think he was too. And I have heard the comparisions of Nadal and Muster before (most recently from Andre today, who said that Nadal may have the edge).

The thing about Brad that always makes me laugh and laugh is I remember around three years ago when he was saying that Federer would never be a GS winner. Brad has some good and valid points in his ESPN duties but he also has some really goofy and or/assy comments as well.

Chloe le Bopper
05-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Brad :hearts:

heya
05-05-2005, 12:31 AM
PEEMc is quite lucky to have all the networks filming his egotistical dog face &
Roddick-manipulation. Pat McEnroe's happy that he has nothing to lose.
There's a lot of hype to promote PEEMc & Davis Cup. Andy can't get away from this garbage. Blame Andy for everything that bothers PEEMc. :o
Andy's afraid to admit that ESPN commentators (+plus other channels) made viewers very annoyed by Americans.

X: Since you keep up with the tennis media, and you realize the broadcasts and media coverage drive the popularity of tennis, what do you think is being done well out there, and what do you think could be improved with the media and tennis?

P-Mac: Well I think that first of all I have to say, and I've criticized my own employers at ESPN in the past for certain production or certain programming decisions, I think we all know what those problems are. I think they've sort of gotten the message. I think the Australian Open (coverage) was the result of ESPN making a lot of good decisions, and the bottom line is that we in the tennis world shouldn't necessarily bite the hand that feeds us. ESPN is covering an incredible amount of tennis, they're putting on way more hours than anyone else, and they're committed to tennis. Mark Shapiro, who's the head of programming at ESPN, is a huge tennis fan, and is very supportive of the game. Look, obviously they're going to show the American stars, when the American stars are playing in an important match. They do that in any country. We sort of have this impression that in other countries they show 'The Game' in how it should really be presented -- they all show their stars. I think ESPN did a very good job at the Australian of...showing the Roddicks obviously and the Williams sisters, etcetera, but they're also showing great tennis. There's obviously that fine line, Richard, between catering to the tennis fan and then catering to the sports fan, and the sports fan might not be into (Gaston) Gaudio vs. (Guillermo) Coria at 4-all in the fifth. I am, but when you're talking about getting more eyeballs to watch the television sets, that is what ESPN is trying to do. They're trying to get more people watching tennis, so I think we should thank them for doing that, while at the same time saying 'hey' -- you know sometimes I get just as frustrated as all of you do about some of the decisions, but overall, ESPN has put their money where their mouth is, they're committed to tennis.

http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2005-04-29/c.php

Deboogle!.
05-05-2005, 03:20 AM
Back with one of his best!

5.4.2005 -

The conditions in Rome are perfect so far for Andy and Andre. When you get this kind of sun and heat the clay almost plays like a hardcourt. People donít realize but because of the weather you can have two different tournaments inside of a non-hardcourt slam especially Roland Garros. When itís raining and cold the big hitters arenít as effective and the guys that play with more spin have an advantage. When itís hot and dry itís so much easier to hit through the court, which helps guys like Andre and Andy.

You know when Andy is dropping 149 MPH bombs on clay that the courts are hard and dry. (Thanks Captain, but serve speed is measured when it leaves the racquet.) When he is getting aces and holding serve heís in the match against anyone on the dirt. WOW I DID NOT KNOW THAT!) Tomorrow he meets, for the third time this year, the extremely talented but often impatient left hander Fernando Verdasco. This guy should be in the top ten, but like Andre early in his career, doesnít always play the right shot.

Andre was returning like a dream in his match against the young French phenom Richard Gasquet. (How do you know, Brad? You just bitched YESTERDAY that you couldn't watch the matches b/c you don't get TTC :o) I thought it was going to be much closer than 2 and 3. The other good thing was that AA was only out there for an hour. He will definately be looking to get a piece of Ljubicic tomorrow.

Iím bummed that Safin lost today, as I would have dropped a Franklin to have seen him and Nadal square off in the quarters.

snaillyyy
05-05-2005, 03:26 AM
Just when I think he cant be any more annoying he proves me wrong :haha:

am&a
05-05-2005, 04:09 AM
never underestimate the annoyingness of brad gilbert. d:

Chloe le Bopper
05-05-2005, 04:24 AM
I want to move in with him :hearts:

superpinkone37
05-05-2005, 05:07 AM
never underestimate the annoyingness of brad gilbert. d:

:lol:

heya
05-05-2005, 02:44 PM
:shout:
Morons repeat the same garbage about Andy's serve & supposed lack of ability without serving at a high percentage. Apparently, Brad/Luke Jensen/ESPN gang think he's only good to promote American tennis & has no real future.
They must've missed the boat when Andy was in bad shape & unhappy.

I can't believe that Andy's mother talked about how wonderful Brad was. :o
um, I don't expect much from LOSER BRAD, someone who regularly lost 6-0 ON ALL SURFACES. Brad should coach Hewitt & Ginepri. :o

Tytta!.
05-05-2005, 03:29 PM
:tape: :rolls:

Deboogle!.
05-06-2005, 02:48 PM
oh Brad. STFU.
---------------
5.5.2005 -

In all of my years of tennis Iíve never heard of a guy doing what Andy did leading 5-3 in the second set having triple match point when Verdasco doubled on the first match point. The line judge called the ball out but Andy said the ball was in, and after checking the mark he rubbed it out with his foot. So instead of being on his way to the locker room Verdasco gets an ace instead of a handshake. Verdasco then saved two more match points, held serve, and broke Andy to even it at 5-5. Verdasco breaks to open the third set and closes the out the match 6-4 in the third. This is one of those loses that could haunt him for awhile. I expect Verdasco to get rolled by Coria in tomorrows quarterfinal.

Andre put in another workman like performance getting revenge on Ljubicic for the Davis Cup fiasco. Next up for AA is the dominator, who is no slouch on clay having reached the semis of Roland Garros in 1999. I expect Andre to get through to the semis where he will have a real test in the form of Coria. At the end of the day theyíre all playing for 2nd place, as there will be no stopping Nadal from hoisting his second Master Series shield.

Injuries still seem to be the biggest story on the WTA tour. Clijsters had four match points, but rolled her ankle before she could get it done. Maria seems to be the only who can stay healthy, if she wins Berlin she will become the first Russian woman to hold the No.1 ranking. Speaking of Russian women; Myskina, who last year flew under the radar, has now become a prized scalping. Sheís lost a ton of confidence and may soon find out that you can go from 3 to 30 in no time.

tangerine_dream
05-06-2005, 04:11 PM
:rolleyes:

Good deeds will not go unpunished.

Carito_90
05-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Injuries still seem to be the biggest story on the WTA tour

I missed this, Captain :)

*M*
05-06-2005, 06:37 PM
oh Brad. STFU.:lol:

That should be the name of his next book.

Deboogle!.
05-07-2005, 03:50 PM
:o your little girl's birthday and you have multi gazillions of dollars and you take her to Outback? Geez Brad :o
---------------------------
5.6.2005 -

Again Verdasco had his usual let down after a big win. He needs to clean up his errors and become a poor mans Nadal if he has any hope of cracking the top ten. Nadal dropped the first set today but then rolled Stapanek 1 and 1. He has Ferrer in the semis and has crushed him in their last few meetings and I expect nothing less than the same tomorrow. I believe that the Wrecking Ball is going to become the first guy since Lendl to post a 100 wins in one season. If Iím not mistaken Connors is the only other guy to have achieved this amazing feat. This is the kind of record that only a player in his teens or early 20ís can pull off.

The final will either be a rematch of Monte-Carlo or a brawl between Andre and the kid. The only W Coria has over Andre is on clay. Expect to see him going to the drop shot often. After last years poor clay court showing many people thought that they would never see Andre again, he has silenced those critics this week.

Mad props to Henin-Hardenne, who has found her game Justine-time for Roland Garros. She beat Maria easily and should have no trouble winning her second consecutive title this week. Everybody had been keeping her seat warm and now sheís ready to pull her chair up to the table.

Happy Birthday to my little girl Zoe Gilbert who turns eight today! You can bet that the Gilbertís will be at the Outback Steak House celebrating this evening.

PennyThePenguin
05-07-2005, 03:54 PM
lol.....what's the outback??

maybe she likes it there :o

Deboogle!.
05-07-2005, 03:55 PM
it's a nationwide chain of like nice steakhouses http://www.outback.com/ . It's a nice restaurant with real good food.. but... it's just a very Brad thing to say lol. I dunno, when I saw that I just laughed, and I'm not really sure why :p

Zoe's a cutie, though, she looks like her mom :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-07-2005, 03:57 PM
:haha: we have a branch here. just ONE....... never been there. though i think i've seen it.

Carito_90
05-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Mad props to Henin-Hardenne, who has found her game Justine-time for Roland Garros.

OH MY GOD. Lamest joke ever. Dontcha dare try it again, EVER, captain. :scared:

Chloe le Bopper
05-07-2005, 11:47 PM
I believe that the Wrecking Ball is going to become the first guy since Lendl to post a 100 wins in one season.

Oh Brad... no. Just no. Seeing as he's "only" won about 40 this year so far, I think it's safe to say that this wont' be happening this year. Or uh, any year. 80 wins? Possibly. 100? Definitely not.

Deboogle!.
05-12-2005, 03:33 AM
Thank goodness, I was starting to think CaptainObviousBrad was neglecting us.

5.11.2005 -

The nasty weather in Hamburg played a big role in making it a tough week for the Americans. I was there with Andre (before they had the roof) in 95 and 01 and I froze my butt off in the stands. Nadal did the real veteran move by taking this week off. With each match Coria is looking to be back to his old clay court form. Juan Carlos Ferrero is rounding nicely into solid form and the kid Richard Gasquet played his way through the qualies for his third straight Master Series tournament. How about not so tiny Tim Henman on the clay? I canít think of many guys with his style of play improving on clay as they got older; that is truly a feat of clay. That said, the only guys I see with a legitimate shot at winning Roland Garros are Nadal, Gaudio, JCF, Coria, and Federer. (nice way to go out on a limb with that group of guys!:yeah: )

jole
05-12-2005, 05:05 AM
Not so tiny Tim Henman, I like it. Hopefully he'll refer to Timbleton come the June updates.

Deboogle!.
05-12-2005, 05:06 AM
I'll cry if he doesn't.

Welcome :wavey: ;)

Deboogle!.
05-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Ohmygod, this is like for sure the best one EVER.

5.12.2005 - Federer and Coriaís Quarterfinal match feels like a final, in fact this was last year's Hamburg final. (Wow, REALLY?????) How about Gasquet playing his way through qualies for the third straight Master Series? (OK, how about it??) France hasnít had a Grand Slam Champion since Noah in 1983 and before then it was the Four Musketeers back in the1920ís and early 1930ís. Gasquet and Monfils represent the new generation for France; I just hope they can handle the French press. Speaking of the press, there should be a huge media blitz with Andy rocking the Croc. It's good to see the old-school look is coming back. (That's random... but :haha: :haha: Lauren, he copied you!!!!!!!)

Hereís some food for thought; who would have expected that Safin and Serena would be struggling so poorly after winning the Australian Open. They are both limping towards Roland Garros which is not a good sign. (uh, anyone who's been following tennis and knows they've both been really streaky for a couple years?)

Tytta!.
05-13-2005, 02:22 AM
Brad :haha: :worship:

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2005, 02:22 AM
streakier than streaky :rolleyes:

jole
05-13-2005, 03:38 AM
Literature at the highest level possible. War and Peace, move over.

Carito_90
05-13-2005, 04:23 AM
Wow Brad. You truly manage to amuse me each day a little more :)

J. Corwin
05-13-2005, 06:57 AM
Brad, I'd go gay for you! :hearts:;)

aceit
05-14-2005, 12:24 AM
HOW DARE HE STALK ME AND COPY MY SCREEN NAME?

Oh man, I'm hurt. He should be paying me money.

Carito_90
05-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Definitely, Lauren.
I say, SUE!

Deboogle!.
05-14-2005, 03:28 AM
He's spoiling us now!
========================
5.13.2005 -

Iím really hoping for a Federer/Gasquet final in Hamburg. I look for Federer to win the grudge match in two. (Right, too bad it's best-of-5) If he does he will have improved his record on clay this year to 9-1, not too shabby considering that itís his least favorite surface. I expect Gasquet mania to be at fever pitch for Roland Garros. This kid might want to have a talk with Henman about handling the home town media. (Yeah, cuz Henman does such an awesome job with that)

Itís T-minus two for Maria to the number one ranking. Like Federer and Gasquet, sheís been steam-rolling people all week. She battled hard and is definitely worthy of the number one position.

For the top players the next ten days are like the week before the Kentucky Derby. Itís time to put the horses back in the stables, so they come out fresh at the starting gate. Nadal, Federer, Coria, Henin-Hardenne and Clijsters are all obvious front runners. But donít count out the old war horse Andre Agassi; he still has the legs to make a strong run. (UH WHAT????????? Yeah, ok. Andre might win RG. HAHAHA)

aceit
05-14-2005, 03:49 AM
Oh gee, thanks Deb. What a perfect thing to read before sleep and a tournament tomorrow. True inspiration. :ras: ;)

For the top players the next ten days are like the week before the Kentucky Derby.
Ummm, thanks.

jole
05-14-2005, 07:12 AM
Vamos Bradley. The odds of Agassi winning the French this year are about the odds of Medvedev making the finals.

Tytta!.
05-14-2005, 01:44 PM
:haha: Brad

fangirl
05-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Billboards like to state the obvious sometimes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/decembers/jesusLUVZdonuts.jpg

heya
05-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Amazing Moron Carillo sees Roddick's main problem as court positioning: he stands too far back. "If he wants to use his power and to end some points at the net, he should be tighter into the court," she said. Roddick and his coach Dean Goldfine are well aware of the problem, but it's not an easy one to solve, Carillo noted. "It's like if you're used to standing two feet away talking to someone and all of the sudden you have to get a foot closer."

To Stolle and Scott, Roddick's key deficiency is his volley. "That's far and away the weakest part of his game," said Stolle, the Australian TV commentator. "He hits some good ones, but he will make a lot of errors. If he refines that, he's a great player and can win more majors."

But Scott thinks that will be difficult. "He's a great kid, but in my opinion, he'll never learn to volley to the point where it's fun for him. He didn't learn it early. For Pete Sampras and the old Australians, it was part of their life ó like eating breakfast."

....Pete was so brilliant with his countless weapons on clay. Strange how a healthy, lazy Andy beat Pete on clay and hardcourt.
Do these "experts" live in a fantasy where all players were born with great family help, amazing genes & big desire?

Scott sees one other problem for Roddick: the stressful style of his strokes. "His serve and forehand are tortured shots. His game isn't facile and fluid." The big question: "Will he make it through without injuring himself?" Scott said. "My worry is that he'll spend more time in the trainer's room than in the training room."
lmfao... I bet Scott Dumbass believes that it's fluid & stress-free to blast
the ball as long as Roddick isn't the player.
I'm sure Scott'll repeat the mantra "It's not ball bashing. It's incredible racket-head speed ---genius fast serves & returns.
It's weird how Andy rarely tore up his muscles, but his "effortless, stress-free opponents" had ripped-muscles/broken bones.

Dan Weil is a contributor to FOXSports.com

zoltan83
05-17-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't know if someone already posted this news in another thread.

But Tatiana Golovin hired Brad Gilbert (from FO to Wimbledon it seems).

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 05:25 PM
oh so she finally hired him! About time they stopped denying it :p He'll be over at the tourneys to work for ESPN anyway, so that makes sense :) Unfortunately I doubt it will mean we won't have to listen to him anymore :sobbing: Thanks Nicolas!

Golfnduck
05-17-2005, 05:33 PM
I thought he was always a coach to her in a way. Hopefully this will help her play better, and spare our ears.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 05:34 PM
He worked with her a little a few years ago but I don't know if he was ever officially her coach. I know she said he helps her a lot and they talk a lot but I always thought it was informal.

naldo is a fan of hers, I'm sure he can clear it up for us ;)

heya
05-18-2005, 01:19 AM
Poor Tatiana hired Captain Lovely :bolt:
At least she was smart enough to not call him a genius. :tape:

heya
05-22-2005, 05:09 AM
Seen (and heard) practicing Friday at Roland Garros were Andre Agassi with coach Darren Cahill, Dominik "The Dominator" Hrbaty and Roger Federer (with the Swiss appearing to have an unhappy practice), Marat Safin hitting with Carlos Moya, an all-French bat-around with Richard Gasquet and Thierry Ascione, Rafael "The Prodigy" Nadal sparring with Feliciano "F-Lo" Lopez, and Gustavo Kuerten raising the grunting decibel level against mellow fellow bellow-er Gael "Force" Monfils. Interesting to see Club Fed struggling on his hated Stadium Court against a player who has dominated him, as to say 'This is probably as difficult as it will get -- good practice.'...
http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2005-05-21/d.php

Deboogle!.
05-23-2005, 02:10 AM
Oh Brad:o
==============
5.22.2005 -

Lleyton Hewitt pulling out of Roland Garros totally changed the complexity of the draw. Nadal, Coria and Federer would have all been in the same quarter. Coria was the biggest benefactor of Hewittís absence. The big talk here has been the potential 3rd Round confrontation of Nadal and Gasquet. And like in Australia Andy got another Betty Crocker draw; he couldnít have made up the draw in the back room any better than what he got. (I really beg to differ) If the weather stays warm Andy could a have a real shot and going deep into the second week :haha::o:o:o. I sat and watched Nadal practice for an hour yesterday. This kid is a huge hitter; you could hear his ball from two courts away.

On the women's side, six of the first nine seeds are Russian. Henin-Hardenne is the overwhelming favorite; her biggest test could be Sharapova in the Quarters :haha:. The French really believe that since Mauresmo is working with Noah that this could be her year. The real question to me is Clijsters and how will her knee holds up for two weeks. That was a good move by Venus, going to play in Turkey and wining her first event of the year it looks like she may have picked up some confidence over there. Bottom line: Somebody is going to have to prove to me that they can beat Henin-Hardenne.

snaillyyy
05-23-2005, 02:15 AM
Oh Brad :retard: maybe someday you will tell us something original :shrug: then again I won't hold my breath....

heya
05-23-2005, 02:33 AM
Brad stretched his 15 seconds of fame out to a century of stupidity.

Tytta!.
05-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Brad, Brad... :tape:

Deboogle!.
05-24-2005, 04:52 AM
5.23.2005 -

Anastasia Myskina made history today, becoming the first defending Roland Garros champion, male or female, ever to lose in the first round. She just looked out of sorts today and has dropped to an 8-10 record on the season. Myskinaís loss is a great break for Venus who was in the same quarter as the 2004 RG champion. Who knows maybe Venus can pull a rabbit out of the hat?

Gaston Gaudio fared much better. If ever a defending champion was flying well under the radar it was him. Opening day spelled a total disaster for the American men. Mardy Fish had a real struggle against the X-man and could only muster up four games. This is one guy who canít wait to get on the grass. Iím hoping the US men donít have another 0 for day tomorrow; Iím more than confident that Andre and Andy wonít let that happen.

heya
05-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Today, he insulted Andy about his discomfort. EFF YOU, Brad..."Mutis smoked a cigarette. Andy was dismal...."
Yesterday, Captain Brad said , "Andy hit Julien on the head with the ball last year."
EXCUSE ME???? :mad:

:retard: boasted that an easy draw helps Andy.
It did nothing for Andy ever since
his TRAINING was CRAP.
Captain Oblivious loves his sun shiny world, huh?

Captain forgot about the other
players' luck too.

Deboogle!.
05-25-2005, 03:42 PM
5.24.2005 -

Today was a very somber day on the grounds of Roland Garros. Andre didn't look right from the get go. In the 4th and 5th sets he couldn't move. I'm pretty sure that most guys would have retired after the third set. It was a better effort today from the rest of the Americans. "My cousin Vinny" got a nice W over the 2002 champion clay court specialist Al Costa. Big props to James Blake who is on a 14 clay court match winning streak, which includes the RG qualies. Andy also looked good in his straight sets win. If he takes care of his draw he has a great chance to get to the semis. Before that happens we could be looking at a potential Blake/Roddick 4th round encounter. (HAHAHAHAHA okaaaayyyyyyy Brad)

Robbie Ginepri was not as fortunate; he got one game less than Fish did yesterday, losing to an 18 year old qualifier who is the youngest player in the draw. There is a lot of talk about the possibility of a 3rd round clash between the Euro young guns Richard Gasquet and Rafael Nadal. I'm hoping that Nadal gets through his quarter so there would still remain a good chance for a Federer/Nadal semifinal, which would be epic.

Carito_90
05-25-2005, 03:52 PM
JAMES RODDICK 4TH ROUND!? :haha: :haha: :haha:

Deboogle!.
05-25-2005, 03:53 PM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE JAMES, but he's not going to beat Puerta.

Carito_90
05-25-2005, 03:59 PM
No chance, at ALL :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-25-2005, 04:48 PM
VAMOS NOVAK! :woohoo: :angel: much better showing compared to his grand slam debut :D

*runs before she gets clobbered*

*pops back in for a second* JAMITA!!! :woohoo:

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 04:20 AM
5.25.2005 -

All of the big guns got through today except Henman, who lost to Luis Horna, not a huge surprise since the Peruvian likes the dirt and plays like a poor manís Gonzales. Today was a good day for the Americans; no losses. (Yeah but how many played? 2? :haha: ) Andy should do well tomorrow, as it is expected to reach a high of 92 degrees. :eek: This is a big advantage for him when the court speeds up. :yawn: My top three picks are 9-0 in sets, which bodes well for their chances to reach the semis.

The Gilbert families, minus Z-man, are all flying from CA to Paris. It will be Zoeís first trip across the pond. Hopefully Tatiana will win tomorrow so that they can see her play later in the week. (oh god does he really call his son Z-man?????? Poor guy :sobbing: And, does he have multiple famILIES? :o)

I used to think that coaching and playing on the tour was difficult, but working all day until 1:00 a.m. is a lot harder. The good thing is that I canít lose a match in the booth. :o :rolleyes: :banghead:

Golfnduck
05-26-2005, 04:28 AM
Brad likes hearing the sound of his own voice. God help us all if ESPN keeps him for the whole year.

superpinkone37
05-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Brad likes hearing the sound of his own voice.

That's a statement so obvious that it's like it is from the Captain Obvious himself! ;)

Deboogle!.
05-26-2005, 04:38 AM
That's a statement so obvious that it's like it is from the Captain Obvious himself! ;)oh.my.god. holycrapdeath.

superpinkone37
05-26-2005, 05:27 AM
I thought you would like that, Deb :p

heya
05-26-2005, 06:02 AM
Wow...This guy's really excited!!!!
I can't forget when the curious Captain kissed up to
Ljubicic. He enthusiastically asked him about the Croatian T-Shirts
during Davis Cup, "WHAT'S THIS????!!!!"
That was shown on ESPN Classic.

*FAINTS FOR AN HOUR :ignore: :bigcry:

smucav
05-26-2005, 07:05 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jon_wertheim/05/23/french.special/index.htmlTennis round-robin battle royal: Aaron Krickstein, Jay Berger, Brad Gilbert and Jimmy Arias. Who wins the round robin if all are in their prime? Not enough attention is paid to non-Grand Slam-winning retired Americans. -- Roman Draut, Middletown, Ohio

Why not be a sport and add Todd Martin, Mal Washington and David Wheaton to the list? The surface would play a role, but you gotta go with Gilbert.

Tytta!.
05-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Brad :help: :tape: :retard:

PennyThePenguin
05-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Z-man??????

Deboogle!.
05-27-2005, 03:40 PM
I assume it's his son Zack. Cute kid!

Carito_90
05-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Zack :hearts:

K sorry :sobbing:

acoffeygirl
05-27-2005, 05:32 PM
On the Tennis X forum someone posted a comment regarding something that Brad said during the late night French Open Review on ESPN. I guess someone asked Brad what he thought about Dean's work with Andy. Brad supposedly criticized 3 things. Did anyone see this? Just wondering what Brad said..........

Deboogle!.
05-27-2005, 05:43 PM
I didn't see it so I can't say, but I'd guess one of the things was about him standing so far behind the baseline... and of course, Andy's been doing that since he was a short little kid who had to scrap, and Brad didn't help him improve that at all either. I'd be interested to know what he actually said too, though.

Fumus
05-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Coaches don't make the player. Sides, Andy has vastly improved on alot of stuff since Brad's departure. Leaving Brad was a good move.

Deboogle!.
05-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Yea, for sure. It was a good move. Cuz his game has improved a lot technically and his mental stuff was bad under Brad too at the end, so yeah. But Brad "Mr. Ego" Gilbert is not gonna say that on tv :haha:

Fumus
05-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Yea, for sure. It was a good move. Cuz his game has improved a lot technically and his mental stuff was bad under Brad too at the end, so yeah. But Brad "Mr. Ego" Gilbert is not gonna say that on tv :haha:

I like Brad alot, I really do. I think his commentary is some of the best on ESPN even though he was a dick to me in his e-mails. It's ok. What Andy needs now is a vaction, some advil, and alittle marijuana. :D Hopefully that will help him get ready mentally for the grass season. That's the best coaching advice I can give Andy.

acoffeygirl
05-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I really think his game has improved as well.....that is why I was curious to know what Brad had said.

Good Advice Fumus!!

Fumus
05-27-2005, 06:25 PM
I really think his game has improved as well.....that is why I was curious to know what Brad had said.

Good Advice Fumus!!

WTF am I doing here, I should be coaching players on the tour. :)

acoffeygirl
05-27-2005, 06:34 PM
LOL!!!!

heya
05-28-2005, 02:51 AM
Captain Hypocrite said, "I told Andy to go play in Europe.
His manager & he said "no" to me.
He's too far behind the baseline because he did this as
a child---there's an open court for the opponent.
What was he thinking by allowing
Acasuso to hit his backhand?"

Gilbert's an expert & psychiatrist...of course.
He & PMc REALLY thought Andy was hungry to win again.
It never occurred to them that Andy was an idiot because he deliberately wanted
to look as foolish as possible. Did they have amnesia for over 1 year?

heya
05-30-2005, 10:16 PM
:o Ex-coach and coach were sure that Andy's game plan
was fine. Severe denial.

Gilbert turned red with embarrassment again. He was emphatic when
Safin was in the 5th set vs. Robredo, "Safin will win a beatdown 6-2 or 6-3!!"
After that, he admitted, "I'm surprised!!! Tommy was aggressive!!!!"
Why did anyone tell Andy to hire him?????

"ALF" Gilbert & PMc should be banned from TV.
PMc faked his laughter every minute to sound
enthusiastic. Embarrassing.

allanah
05-30-2005, 10:18 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: @ Heya's "Captain Hypocrite" + 'Alf' Gilbert

heya
05-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Bradley says "If Marat was born in America he would be 6'5", 260 and a defensive end wanting to "lay wood" on someone." :bolt:

blosson
05-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Think this way, if Andy was born in Russia, he would be 6"2' and 350 pounds and wanting to lay his hands on every supermodel.

heya
05-31-2005, 10:06 PM
Andy's brother John told the press
"He'll be 6'4", over 200 lbs, but I can beat him up."

Tiny girls can beat him up.... no problem. Girly boy.

2002-- Andy sounded disappointed as he said
"I'm not big enough to play football."
HE MUST BE CRAZY. Did he want broken bones?????

surfpinky
05-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Think this way, if Andy was born in Russia, he would be 6"2' and 350 pounds and wanting to lay his hands on every supermodel.

Chloe le Bopper
06-01-2005, 05:08 AM
Brad stretched his 15 seconds of fame out to a century of stupidity.

Deboogle!.
06-01-2005, 05:10 AM
5.31.2005 -

The stage is set; its taken two weeks and 10 matches, now all thatís left is for the two heavy weights to enter the ring. Who ever gets through the other half of the draw is going to be road kill in the final. Who would have ever thought that Coria, Safin and Gaudio would not have reached the quarters, I expected that at least one of them would have? If Fridayís semi is a fast track, I love Nadalís chances. If we get the slow track Iím taking Club Fed. Federer has been looking for a challenge like this for the last few months; thereís clearly no doubt that Nadal is the biggest threat to his supremacy. Nadal is one of the hardest hitters and is the fastest guy that Iíve ever seen on two wheels. (Really, Brad? Tell me, what kind of guys with THREE wheels have you seen?????) If he was a football player heíd be able to run the 40 in 4.2. Heís like Dieon Sanders with pipes.

Big props to Mary Pierce who put a beat down on Lindsay Davenport. I called Nick Bollettieri a few weeks ago and he told me that Mary was hitting the ball as well as she ever has and that she was in good fighting shape, he was right. Henin-Hardenne put another hurt on Maria. Until Maria learns how to slide on the dirt she will not have an impact on the surface. Iím predicting a Pierce/Henin-Hardenne final.

superpinkone37
06-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Brad is my hero :banana:

PennyThePenguin
06-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Really, Brad? Tell me, what kind of guys with THREE wheels have you seen????

erm....trishaw? tricycle?

Tytta!.
06-01-2005, 05:54 PM

Deboogle!.
06-02-2005, 03:46 AM
:o
6.1.2005 -

Today offense beat defense as Mariano ďthe pit bullĒ Puerta slammed the door on Willy Canas. Before this week most tennis fans wouldnít have been able to pick Puerta out of a line up, as this guyís bio is not even listed in the ATP media guide. The Argentinean lefty is basically a poor mans Nadal and is going to take Davydenko out to the woodshed on Friday. Speaking of Nicky ďDĒ, his match today against Tommy Robredo was perhaps the most boring quarterfinal in a grand slam that Iíve ever seen; 163 unforced errors between the two of them. I had to slap myself in face to stay awake at the end of the 4th set. That wonít be the case between Nadal and Federer. The best combined offensive and defensive players in the world are so evenly matched that the early on odds are an even spread.

Of the 4 womenís semifinalist only Henin-Hardenne has won a tournament this year. She and Pierce will win in straight sets tomorrow. You gotta love Henin-Hardenneís chances of leaving Paris with a 24 match win streak.

snaillyyy
06-02-2005, 03:48 AM
OH Brad, dont slap yourself, please let ME do it for you!!! :devil:

guida
06-02-2005, 04:24 AM
OH Brad, dont slap yourself, please let ME do it for you!!! :devil:

I'll help you! :D

Tytta!.
06-02-2005, 03:30 PM
I wanna help as well :lol:

Deboogle!.
06-04-2005, 05:22 AM
:o just :o :o :o

6.3.2005 -

I had to pinch myself watching the match today. Now Federer knows that he has to raise his own level. Iím telling you Nadal is the shot in the arm that tennis needed and heís got the pipes to back it up. Heís playing in rarified air and I believe will become the first guy since Andre to win both Roland Garros and Wimbledon and I see this happening in the next five years. I also predict that he will win 7 to 10 slams in his career and become the first Spaniard in ages to win a slam outside of Paris. Heís playing amazing O and can bring the D when he needs it. He's got the walk and moxie of a champion. He even looks good in his clam diggers outfit. Heís gonna put the woodshed on Puerta.

As far as Mary Pierce is concerned, mad props have to be given to Nick Bollettieri for installing the confidence that was missing from Maryís game the last few years. I called him not too long ago to ask him about Z-man and he went of on the rant about how Mary was in great shape and how she is still one of the best ball strikers that heís ever seen. By the end of the call I was totally jazzed up about Mary. Iím pulling for her tomorrow and think she can win it in 2.

surfpinky
06-04-2005, 05:38 AM
I wonder what his son thinks of the "Z-man" thing :o

Tytta!.
06-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh, Brad :o

BelgianWaffle
06-04-2005, 01:17 PM
By the end of the call I was totally jazzed up about Mary. Iím pulling for her tomorrow and think she can win it in 2.

LMAO! Oh Brad, tsk tsk tsk :o

Deboogle!.
06-04-2005, 02:55 PM
LMAO! Oh Brad, tsk tsk tsk :oYeah, maybe he meant she'd lose badly in straights as she's down 1-6 0-3 as I write this :o LMAO

guida
06-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Oh yeah, another brilliant prediction from Brad. :rolleyes:

blosson
06-04-2005, 05:27 PM
he was right about the 2 straight sets...wrong player though

Deboogle!.
06-08-2005, 03:20 AM
6.7.2005 -

You know how every once in a while you go to a big movie that doesnít live up to its hype; The Roland Garros final went above the hype. For me the Nadal/ Puerta was the best match of the tournament. Puerta didnít play like it was his first time in a Grand Slam final. He was a bit unlucky at 5-4 in the fourth with four set points. If it would have gone 5 I still would have pushed all my chips forward. For a guy Nadal's age itís amazing how well he plays the key points in big matches. If he would have grown up in the U.S. he would have been a 2000 yard rusher in the NFL.(did he not say almost the IDENTICAL thing about Marat during RG??????) He has the same star-like quality that both the young Borg and Agassi possessed. His on-court poise and presence are well beyond his years and he plays with an intensity and maturity that allows him to make the right choices during big matches. Off the court heís a very nice and likeable kid. My wife said it best ďHeís like a puppy; I want to hug him and take him home with me.Ē (well this explains an awful lot:o)

Who would have believed at the end of year that the first guy in 20 years might actually win 100 matches? 2005 started with the big 4. Now Federer and Nadal have created their own echelon. (Oh, ok.)

Jennay
06-08-2005, 03:23 AM
(Oh, ok.)
I love you.

superpinkone37
06-08-2005, 03:27 AM
:rolls:

But I am taking Rafa home first. So yeah.

Jennay
06-08-2005, 03:30 AM
Danielle - get in line.

superpinkone37
06-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Jen - You may be in line, but behind me.

Jennay
06-08-2005, 03:37 AM
I'm closer to Spain than you are.

Deboogle!.
06-08-2005, 03:38 AM
I love you.I love you more.

superpinkone37
06-08-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm closer to Spain than you are.

Rafa's coming to me.

+alonso
06-08-2005, 03:45 AM
Hello there :p :lol:

Deboogle!.
06-08-2005, 03:47 AM
um..... hi. :p

+alonso
06-08-2005, 03:50 AM
How are you Deb :) ?

Deboogle!.
06-08-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm ok! :) And you?

+alonso
06-08-2005, 03:59 AM
Fine :D .. I'm laughing with Jen so much :lol: she is so funny :p

Deboogle!.
06-08-2005, 04:12 AM
Yea she is... but it's ok, tell her looks aren't everything ;)

Jennay
06-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Yea she is... but it's ok, tell her looks aren't everything ;)
Well, considering life is everything and I just died, looks are definitely not my top priority.

zoltan83
06-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, considering life is everything and I just died, looks are definitely not my top priority.
My Jenny is dead? :sad: Awwwwww http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/animsympa/anim2/1052921898.gif

Deboogle!.
06-08-2005, 04:18 PM
http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/animsympa/anim2/1052921898.gif:haha: MORT!!!!!!!!! :haha:

Jennay
06-08-2005, 05:22 PM
My Jenny is dead? :sad: Awwwwww http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/animsympa/anim2/1052921898.gif
Just of laughter. :hug: ;)

zoltan83
06-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Just of laughter. :hug: ;)
Oh... Ok then... I'm not worry anymore so :D :hug: But in another point of view, you're still dead :sad:

heya
06-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Pope John Paul's dead. Dead people don't post. Brad is still annoying.
I'm Captain Obvious. :explode:

guida
06-08-2005, 11:44 PM
:haha: :lol: :worship:

heya
06-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Hmm the interviews stink.
I guess he should just say "I don't know" instead of long obvious, vague stuff.
Maybe Captain Obvious should take his own advice and get a spine. http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=517794&postcount=190

I'm not saying it's that dire, but he can't stay away from ignorant, bored detractors.

The problems are:
-concentration
-not adjusting his movement because he doesn't have a rail thin body, small hands and feet
-it's not enough just to be "mentally ready"
-not training a long time in Europe
-had little experience as a child to make it easier as an adult

If he's in pain, don't continue on. Simple.

His body language is utterly laughable.
At least, lift the head up and take deep breaths.
I wonder why Brad isn't a psychiatrist.

He did learn something: value every minute of life & be alert at hotels.

He has only a few years to raise his level. To become a multiple slam champ, he can't be timid and unsure. He has to stay successful between now-at least 30.
He can't hope for success at 35 because in his past interview, he claimed he'd quit by then.

It's unbelievable that after breaking serve,
he'd do nothing to protect his own serve-getting broken 2 times to lose a set.
I can't believe the bad habits this year:
Going from a neutral position to almost throwing matches away.

Brad panicked in Miami, made him practice, but he's still negative recently.
Everytime he looks nervous and stalls like a statue on court,
I know he's gonna self-destruct.

He may not be sitting around, yet
it's just not acceptable to complain about the aches & pain
& about the schedule, since he knows he crams many
unnecessary events into a short period of time.

I saw his "whatever" attitude in the Canas match.
My assuming he won't win a few matches at Hamburg and FO isn't a stretch.
I'd be less annoyed if he could have a few more titles this year. Who wants to see him slip to #4-5?

http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=520729&postcount=268

WOW, I'm obvious & crazy. :eek:

Deboogle!.
06-11-2005, 03:42 AM
Captain returns :hearts:
----------------
6.10.2005 -

Talk about a fish out of water, Dr. Ivo Karlovic came into Queens with a 3-12 record and just beat the number 2 player in the world. Last week he made it to the finals of a grass challenger before losing to chopped Broccoli. With his monster serve I donít know why he isnít doing better on hard courts and indoors? As the toughest unseeded player in the draw, he will be a nightmare first round for anyone at Wimbledon.

Andy has an unbelievable opportunity to three peat this weekend at Queens. If Andy wins I believe he will get the number two seed at Wimbledon, which keeps him out of Federerís half of the draw. Big match for Tatiana tomorrow. Her semifinal with Sharapova is rematch of last years Birmingham final. Maria is a on a 15 match grass court win streak, but has been below her usual form this week.

Tytta!.
06-11-2005, 03:49 AM
Brad I missed you :hearts:

heya
06-11-2005, 04:23 AM
He did very little for him as a coach. Brad couldn't hit a ball over the net for Andy.
Nowadays, he's a patriotic Andy supporter. :inlove:

Deboogle!.
06-14-2005, 02:21 AM
6.13.2005 -

It was streaks are us this week for Andy, Roger, and Maria. Federer has now won 29 matches in a row on grass. Andy is 26-2 on the turf since 2003; both of those losses were to Federer at Wimbledon. Maria capturing Birmingham gave her, her 17th straight win on grass, as well as her third straight grass court title.

When I first turned pro the game had more serve and volley/grass court players than clay court specialist. Now I would say there are only a handful of serve and volley guys that arenít seeded and that have an outside chance of getting deep into the draw- Dr Ivo, the Beast and Wayne Authors.

My guess is that the Wimbledon computer will come up with the following seedings for the men when they come out on Wednesday.

1. Federer
2. Roddick
3. Hewitt
4. Safin
5. Nadal
6. Henman

For some strange reason thereís no computer formula used for the women. (maybe b/c there aren't any British women they need to help? :lol: ) I donít like that because itís unfair. Justine Henin-Herdenne should be going in as a top 4 seed not seeded seventh.

surfpinky
06-14-2005, 02:34 AM
Wow, I wasn't aware that women don't have a special formula. I really wasn't :lol: It never crossed my mind
That's the only useful info I have ever gotten from Captain Obvious :lol:
I'm scared :unsure:

Golfnduck
06-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Gee Brad, none of us knew that :rolleyes: You're so smart :yeah:

heya
06-14-2005, 02:54 AM
Brad, Pat & John McEnroe = They cheer for Andy because he's American, not because they really appreciate his ability & personality.

Wayne Authors...

RogersGirl
06-14-2005, 03:03 AM
john and pat mcenroe dont only cheer for andy... they give a lot of other players credit and are honest... sometimes.

heya
06-14-2005, 03:32 AM
They thought Brad did something miraculous and Brad & Pat were so sure that Andy would reach the Australian Open '04 semis.
Pat Mc read from his patriotic American script, "Andy will win US Open! The crowd and weather helps him!!!!" :o

smucav
06-14-2005, 04:14 AM
Wow, I wasn't aware that women don't have a special formula. I really wasn't :lol: It never crossed my mindIt's because there are no real surface specialists in the WTA. Two reasons: 1) Lack of depth. The same players are making the QFs & SFs at all the slams. 2) Economic. While players like Puerta can continue playing the small clay events out of season & still make a decent living, the women can't. There are fewer total tournaments & few that are held out of season so no one can afford to be a specialist on one surface.

heya
06-14-2005, 04:32 AM
Andy has no time in the off-season to do anything on clay. He also only waits until a few days before the grass season or hardcourt season starts to work on his immature game.

The media seems to think:
Andy has to magically breeze through to tournament finals or else, we can say he's untalented.

heya
06-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Funny, Captain is on TV...Buffoon screeches out his ignorant crap about Andy.
...doubts that Andy has real talent/intelligence/good temperament for success.
EFFING jackass Brad.

Why's he on TV...what purpose does he serve?
Captain definitely made himself a media darling...
He fooled many. People listened to him until they rejected him. :o :o :o.
He's clueless that anyone's bored by his exaggerations & unsubstantive comments.

superpinkone37
06-21-2005, 10:04 PM
I know you guys have been eagerly awaiting another update from Brad....;)

6.20.2005 -

The opening day of the 128th Championships was very uneventful, but that can happen when you have 32 seeded players, as you donít get very many popcorn matches in the first round. Man did Federer look tough on the grass. I believe that he is following in the footsteps of Borg, McEnroe, Becker and Sampras, to become at least a three-time Wimbledon champ. I also think that he will join the even rarer group of Perry, Borg and Sampras who won three Championships in a row.

Safin also looked really good today and could face Philippoussis in a blockbuster second round match up later in the week. It was a disappointing day for James Blake, just like in Paris; he was up a set and a break but couldnít close out the match.

On the ladies side Justine Henin-Hardenne is the player to beat. I heard that Tim Phillips said that next year the womenís seeds might be set by the computer like the men are. This must happen so you avoid the two gruesome possibilities that we have this year where Davenport plays Clijsters in the round of 16 as well as the Williams sisters playing each other in the 4th round. Speaking of the Williams they will both be playing on the graveyard court two tomorrow.

I'm not so good with the comments like Deb is, so I wont even try ;) The most I can say is 'Oh, ok.' lol I love how Henin has already lost though :lol:

RodLo
06-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Oh boy....:rolleyes: :lol:

Deboogle!.
06-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Love you, Danielle!

On the ladies side Justine Henin-Hardenne is the player to beat. :haha: oh, ok. :haha:

snaillyyy
06-21-2005, 11:19 PM
:rolleyes: hmmmm Brad your insightful, stimulating ability to share new info that we never otherwise would have heard of, just leaves me in awe :lol: :lol:

RodLo
06-21-2005, 11:28 PM
:rolleyes: hmmmm Brad your insightful, stimulating ability to share new info that we never otherwise would have heard of, just leaves me in awe :lol: :lol:

:tape: :haha:

graceless
06-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Did he post this crap when he was coaching Andy (I'm assuming it comes from his website)? I shudder to think that he was feeding Andy such nonsense face to face.

originally posted by Carly
hmmmm Brad your insightful, stimulating ability to share new info that we never otherwise would have heard of, just leaves me in awe
Hee! :D

LaGilbert is what my mom would call a "Knower of Things"...because he thinks he is.

Deboogle!.
06-22-2005, 12:03 AM
Did he post this crap when he was coaching Andy (I'm assuming it comes from his website)? I shudder to think that he was feeding Andy such nonsense face to face. yes he did post stuff, but I dont know if it was quite tihs bad, and it was definitely more Andy-centered and stuff.

PennyThePenguin
06-22-2005, 01:40 AM
all hail brad...provider of worthless information ;)

Deboogle!.
06-22-2005, 05:16 AM
6.21.2005 -

Now thatís what Iím talking about. It was a very exciting day on the grounds at the All England Club. Justine Henin-Hardenne became the first player in the open era to win Roland Garros and then lose in the first round of Wimbledon. I bet all the girls in the locker breathed a huge sigh of relief after that one, especially Maria Sharapova.

Brave Tim came from two sets down at Wimbledon for the first time to beat Jarkko Nieminen, another big sigh for the country of England. Chopped Bracciali got by a record-tying 51 aces from Dr. Ivo Karlovic to win 6-7(4), 7-6(8), 3-6, 7-6(5), 12-10. The last four guys that set the ace record, all lost those matches.

Look for another record setting or tying day when Joachim Johansson takes on Greg Rusedski. Speaking of guys dropping bombs on each other how about tomorrows epic popcorn match showcasing Marat Safin against 2003 Wimbledon runner-up Mark Philippoussis. That should be very intriguing.

RodLo
06-22-2005, 05:22 AM
Speaking of guys dropping bombs on each other how about tomorrows epic popcorn match showcasing Marat Safin against 2003 Wimbledon runner-up Mark Philippoussis. That should be very intriguing.

Yes, Brad. It should be. :rolleyes:

I think he just gets worse....and worse.....and worse....and...okay, I think you know where I'm going. :angel:

J. Corwin
06-22-2005, 06:02 AM
Oh will that match even be interesting? :p I didn't see Flip play against Andy at Queens but from the scoreline of that match it didn't seem Flip played too well. So if Marat plays like he did against P-dorn, it should be a drubbing. :p;)

J. Corwin
06-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Oh will that match even be interesting? :p I didn't see Flip play against Andy at Queens but from the scoreline of that match it didn't seem Flip played too well. So if Marat plays like he did against P-dorn, it should be a drubbing. :p;)

Ok so it wasn't a drubbing...but at least in straights! :p

Deboogle!.
06-22-2005, 07:28 PM
But the match *was* interesting. And Flip had bigtime chances in both TBs :(:(:(

J. Corwin
06-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Aw :( too bad I don't get ESPN Classic so I won't see any of it. So you like Flip more than Marat?

Deboogle!.
06-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I do...i've always liked Flip :D

PennyThePenguin
06-23-2005, 03:11 AM
sorry debita

:p

Deboogle!.
06-23-2005, 03:15 AM
:ras:
----------------------
6.22.2005 -

Excellent match from Safin today. He looked really good and only lost one breakpoint on the way to improving his 2005 slam record to 12-1. He has an interesting 3rd rounder against Lopez who leads their head to head play 2-1. It was nice to see two Americanís, Taylor Dent and Justin Gimelstob advance to the third round. Big win for Monfils who has definitely yoked up since he won the junior title here a year ago. With Monfils, Murray, Gasquet, and Nadal still in the draw youth has been served

Lindsay and Kim are on a collision course for a rematch of their Roland Garros round of 16 battle. This is a blockbuster 4th round match that on paper should never have happened this early in the draw. Who ever wins this match will win the tournament. (UHHHHHHHHHHHH)

PennyThePenguin
06-23-2005, 03:21 AM
teeheeheeeeee....poor dinara. :sad:

zoltan83
06-23-2005, 02:33 PM
I found this when I was in the GM :p

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1882186&postcount=1

heya
06-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Mary Carillo moaned because she hated baseliners with abbreviated serve motions.
Cliffy was shocked that Pat Mc irritatingly demanded that Cliff'd stop declaring that Andy's serve was better than Sampras'.
Gilbert acted like a bright chimp with a crystal ball.
He tried to be serious & professional after his predictions were proven wrong for the thousandth time,

Deboogle!.
06-25-2005, 03:42 AM
I think this could be Brad's bestest posting ever. I will leave the Captain Obvious work of Art uncommented and unemotized for it to sit there in all its glory.
------------------------------
6.24.2005 -

Something didnít feel right until the rain came today. What would Wimbledon be with out a few showers? It was strange every match was suspended all across the grounds except for Center Court where Andy was playing, since this match had already been postponed once they had to get it finished today. He hadnít won a five setter since the 2003 US Open, so it was good that he got the monkey off his back. Todayís win will be huge for his confidence. There are no guys left in his half of the draw that can beat Andy on grass. Itís been 60 slams since weíve had a repeat final in the menís game. I believe this year will be looking at the first Grand Slam repeat final since Becker and Edberg played here in the 1990 final. Safin played like a dog against Lopez who improved his record against Marat to 3-1. I think that Taylor Dentís game is ready to blossom and he will beat Hewitt in their third round encounter.

What a shocker weíve already got four Russian women through to the round of 16, and 3 more could join them after tomorrowís matches. Weíre one match away from Williams vs. Williams. All I know is that a Williams is going to win that one.

superpinkone37
06-25-2005, 04:55 AM
Oh, ok.

RodLo
06-25-2005, 04:56 AM
Oh Brad....:smash: :lol:

Deboogle!.
06-25-2005, 05:11 AM
Oh, ok.:haha: PERFECT response :haha: :haha: Jen will approve;)

superpinkone37
06-25-2005, 05:41 AM
It HAD to be said lmao.

MissFairy
06-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Okay i just had to say this, it wasn't from Brad but it must be contagious because this guy was commentating and said:
'Daniele won the tiebreak with the score being 7-6'

Uh, yeah like there's any other scoreline :silly:

williaer
06-25-2005, 12:11 PM
I think this could be Brad's bestest posting ever. I will leave the Captain Obvious work of Art uncommented and unemotized for it to sit there in all its glory.
------------------------------
6.24.2005 -

Something didnít feel right until the rain came today. What would Wimbledon be with out a few showers? It was strange every match was suspended all across the grounds except for Center Court where Andy was playing, since this match had already been postponed once they had to get it finished today. He hadnít won a five setter since the 2003 US Open, so it was good that he got the monkey off his back. Todayís win will be huge for his confidence. There are no guys left in his half of the draw that can beat Andy on grass. Itís been 60 slams since weíve had a repeat final in the menís game. I believe this year will be looking at the first Grand Slam repeat final since Becker and Edberg played here in the 1990 final. Safin played like a dog against Lopez who improved his record against Marat to 3-1. I think that Taylor Dentís game is ready to blossom and he will beat Hewitt in their third round encounter.

What a shocker weíve already got four Russian women through to the round of 16, and 3 more could join them after tomorrowís matches. Weíre one match away from Williams vs. Williams. All I know is that a Williams is going to win that one.

hey... brad... no one is laughing.

Deboogle!.
06-25-2005, 02:13 PM
hey... brad... no one is laughing.Well, Ellen, some of us are laughing..... AT HIM. ;)

williaer
06-26-2005, 03:23 AM
Well, Ellen, some of us are laughing..... AT HIM. ;)
:haha: same thing

lol

am&a
06-26-2005, 06:18 AM
has anyone else noticed that multiple times now brad has said something like "i guess i'm stating the obvious..."? yeah, i died. twice.

surfpinky
06-26-2005, 06:20 PM
has anyone else noticed that multiple times now brad has said something like "i guess i'm stating the obvious..."? yeah, i died. twice.
:lol: :]
Oh Brad :o

heya
06-27-2005, 10:25 PM
so obviously wrong & boring...... :brad:(USA)

Deboogle!.
06-29-2005, 04:25 AM
6.28.2005 -

On the women's side things are becoming a bit more predictable, I feel like I read this script before. Maria Sharapova is holding serve 98% of the time, thatís the most amazing stat Iíve ever seen in womenís tennis. I predict that Davenport will steamroll Mauresmo and in the battle of the six footers Sharapova will stop Venus, who is appearing in her first slam semifinal since Wimbledon 2003.

How international is tennis? Weíve got a Chilean, Argentine, Spaniard, Swede, Swiss, American, Australian, and a Frenchman in the quarters. Iíve been reading the papers every day and the odds for Federer to win his matches are staggering. I canít see how we wonít have a repeat of last year's Roddick/Federer final. I have a real hard time not seeing Federer and Sharapova sharing a dance at the Wimbledon Ball.:o

williaer
06-29-2005, 10:13 AM
brad... :o
incorrect... there's no doubt it'll be an andy/sharapova dance at the ball.
have some faith in your boy

Deboogle!.
08-03-2005, 05:33 AM
I think this might be the best one ever.
--------------
8.2.2005 -

I forgot to give props to Clijsters yesterday for her Kimpressive showing all last week at Stanford. To me she is the clear favorite to win the US Open Series and her first grand slam at the U.S. Open. She has yet to lose a match this year on the hardcourts, bringing her HC win streak to 24 straight matches, 18 of which took place in California, must be something in the water.

superpinkone37
08-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Brad :hearts:

:lol:

Tytta!.
08-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Oh Brad :lol:

acoffeygirl
08-04-2005, 01:10 AM
I've missed these posts!!! Thanks for the laugh Brad!! :lol:

PinkFeatherBoa
08-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Kimpressive Oh man, it hurts. LOL

Love Brad.

Deboogle!.
08-06-2005, 02:48 AM
This one hurts almost as much :p
------------------
8.5.2005 -

Kimmy has her swagger back and all of the ladies at La Costa are playing for second place as there will be no stopping her from winning the only title in California that has eluded her.

Again Andy struggled to put a guy away that he should beat in straight sets.:o The other Americans have a big opportunity with most of the top players MIA, thereís no point in worrying about whoís not there.

I talked to Andre the other day and he is really up for Montreal. Itís a great opportunity for him with Federer and Safin out. I would pay money to see him play Nadal who will go in as the number one seed without playing a match on the hard-courts since Miami.

Tytta!.
08-06-2005, 02:54 AM
Oh

am&a
08-06-2005, 03:08 AM
today brad told us that andy was wearing a blue shirt. whatever would we do without our captain?

Deboogle!.
08-06-2005, 03:13 AM
today brad told us that andy was wearing a blue shirt. whatever would we do without our captain?My mom replied to that and said "Wow, what a revelation!" I then informed her about our nickname for him. Then my dad replied "Blue is the color of viagra (because he had earlier suggested that Andy needed a girlfriend and some Cialis to help his mental problems.)" :haha: :haha: :haha:

castaway
08-06-2005, 04:28 AM
:spit: :haha: omg Deb your Dad is hilarious!!!! It sounds like it's a lot of fun to watch matches with your parents! Whenever my mom is watching and Andy misses a shot she always says it's her fault because she brings him bad luck so then she leaves :lol:

Deboogle!.
08-06-2005, 04:36 AM
He's funny when he wants to be, yeah. One of his other decent lines was "This match is boring and I can't even see it (he lost most of his vision and can't watch TV). This isn't even real tennis, just serving. Bring on Federer!"

Needless to say, he got a pillow thrown at him :angel:

Then my mom said she still doesn't understand how the scoring works even though she's been watching tennis for 40 years :haha:

My dad also said something else funny that was really dirty and I don't even remember what it was but my mom slapped him on the arm for it :haha:

heya
08-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Nadal gives him goose bumps. Winning all the clay events makes him better than Andy.
I'm sure he forgot about Andy's title less streak & denial that he was overweight because Gilbert told him he was FIT as a bull. Amazing.
Gilbert's wings protect Andy as he speaks to him for the 1st time on TV!
Gilbert has more talent than Rod Laver & Borg combined. :o

Chloe le Bopper
08-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Heya is hawt.

Deboogle!.
08-06-2005, 03:45 PM
oh no :bigcry:
-----------
Brad Gilbert is going Hollywood
Holly Woolard
Marin Independent Journal

The author of "Winning Ugly" is evolving into somewhat of a pretty boy.
Brad Gilbert of San Rafael recently agreed to a three-year contract with ESPN, signaling a career change from coaching the greatest tennis players in world to talking about them on camera.

ESPN has already forced Gilbert to don a suit coat during broadcasts, even if he absolutely refuses to wear a tie. He also has to shave his "wooly" mug daily during tournament coverage and wears makeup just like the rest of the girls and guys on TV.

"I'm going to do the TV and see how it goes," Gilbert said earlier this week during a commercial shoot for Golden Gate Golf and Tennis. "How I am is how I am. I just try to have fun with it."

Gilbert was a doggone good tennis player, rising to No. 4 in the world in 1990. He's been to the mountaintop twice as a coach, guiding both Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick to No. 1.

Now in the prime of his life, Gilbert, who turns 44 on Tuesday, may have finally found his true calling, exploiting his knowledge of the game and love of the sport as an analyst for ESPN's 2005 expanded tennis coverage.

Dressed in his traditional black sportswear, Gilbert was in his element last Wednesday while filming a commercial for his favorite tennis shop. Gilbert used to frequent Golden Gate Golf and Tennis at the Montecito Shopping Center, and talks of a commercial started back then before the store moved to Andersen Drive and Gilbert branched out to the broadcast booth.

The first round of commercials, featured prominently on ESPN during Grand Slams and other pro events, proved to be a smashing success. Round two will air during the U.S. Open on USA Network and could debut before the final Grand Slam of the year if production goes smoothly.

"It's been tremendous," Golden Gate Golf and Tennis manager Steve Roberts said. "It's just what the doctor ordered.

"Brad is such a prominent figure in the community. He's a regular guy. He's the kind of guy I like to go have a beer with."

The commercials feature Gilbert as himself. He strolls in and grills tennis specialist Noah Kerwin about the facts and figures of the racket wielded by world No. 1 Roger Federer. Kerwin, who plays tennis at Boyle Park, sheepishly admits he knew most of his lines before the first take because he knows his rackets.

"It's weird," says Kerwin. "That's what I do."

Among the commercials that will air locally during the U.S. Open, the question and answer period will shift to the stats on Agassi's rackets.

Gilbert's new gig with ESPN gives him much more free time than as player or coach. He's been contracted to work 85 days a year to talk about tennis for ESPN, compared to 200 days a year as a coach.

ESPN has used him in every possible role. He's served as an analyst, play-by-play guy, helped out on the nightly, taped wrap-up segments and finally got to go courtside last weekend when Agassi picked up his 60th career title at the Mercedes Benz Cup in Los Angeles.

"Brad truly enjoys explaining the subtleties and vagaries of tennis, using comparisons to other sports, to other athletes, to cars, food, animals, women, anything that helps you make the connection," writes tennis commentator Mary Carillo on Gilbert's Web site.

Gilbert's Web site - www.bradgilberttennis.com - is like one-stop shopping. He offers playing and coaching insight, predicts the upcoming stars of the game and even has a section dedicated to his favorite restaurants in tennis tournament towns.

Always willing to impart knowledge to anyone listening, you can ask the pro questions by e-mailing him at askbrad@bradgilberttennis.com.

Gilbert's new book "I've Got Your Back" focuses on coaching top performers. He's also done a few guest spots on "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" and ESPN Radio.

Since he's not on the road coaching these days, he reserved about 90 minutes to shoot the commercial for Golden Gate Golf and Tennis on Wednesday. Gilbert was adamant about wrapping up by 11:30 a.m. so he could take his 13- and 8-year-old girls shopping. He also has a 16-year-old son who plays junior tennis, and Gilbert and his wife Kim are in the midst of a huge remodel of their home in Dominican.

Expect to see a lot more of Gilbert around Marin and on ESPN now that he's changed jobs. He's the guy next door.

Tytta!.
08-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Oh man

superpinkone37
08-06-2005, 06:19 PM
:haha: that article kills me :sobbing:

PennyThePenguin
08-07-2005, 02:57 AM
someone SAVE us...no wait, i don't get him here.. someone save you guys.

MissFairy
08-07-2005, 12:52 PM
:lol: Yeah, my feelings go out to you. Well, there's always the mute button ;)

heya
08-08-2005, 04:42 AM
He, Drysdale & Pat McEnroe are Einsteins
Brad gushed "Agassi will be in the Montreal final.... Americans!!!!"
Pat tried to sound funny..and yelled in this strained, tired voice. Too bad, he's never funny. Just ashamed to be on espn because his brother JohnMc made him a SLUT.
He said "We're not supposed to be biased, but Americans win...blabla"
Yeah, Pat, you need RoDDICK to make you look TALENTED as DC coach.

Drysdale had no idea who beat Agassi even though he talks about Davis Cup every month. Retire Mr. Americanized South African