Monte Carlo Tennis Masters Series [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Monte Carlo Tennis Masters Series

Hasilicious
04-04-2005, 02:32 AM
Has anyone heard when Tommy is headed to Monte Carlo? There were rumors that he might not be going at all.

tom&ni
04-05-2005, 01:59 AM
I have no idea about Montecarlo, but he's currently in Houston and he'll be playing there now. He's # 1 seeded, and he talks about it in his website (he updated it!) See you along, Hasilicious! (Hasilicious girl)

Agassi Fan
04-05-2005, 12:01 PM
I hope will play in Monte Carlo.

Neely
04-05-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure what to think. On one hand, of course I would like him to see playing in Monte Carlo, on the other one: damn, that's tough schedule he has then: Exhibition, Monte Carlo, Houston, Munich, Rome, Hamburg, (World Team Cup?).... lots of events in a row and there is no week break between them at all... :eek:

Also apart from Houston Claycourt Championships last year, I would like Tommy to see doing much better than he did last claycourt season in Europe. He has the goods to do that and I hope he can show it!

Fee
04-08-2005, 06:27 PM
He has apparently pulled out. As soon as I can get confirmation of that, I will let you know.

Neely
04-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Good decision IMO even though it's a Masters. But if you play in USA the week BEFORE and the week AFTER Monte Carlo, it's just tough. And as I mentioned his schedule is already quite tough the next few weeks without Monte Carlo.

Fee
04-09-2005, 04:11 PM
The draw is out and he's not in it, so he did pull after all. I think I agree with you Neely, this is probably a wise decision and allows him to ease into the clay season, so that he can play better for Hamburg and Roland Garros (hopefully).

tom&ni
04-10-2005, 02:25 AM
I remember earlier this year I checked out Tommy's tourplan on his official site and Monaco was not in it. He probably never intended to play in that tournament. Anyways, we still wish he did, right? Go Tommy!!! :)

Jogy
04-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Like Neely said in another thread, he has the tournament win to defend in Houston. In good sense and as caring he is, he is almost "damned to play it" because he is champion of that last year. Not happy that he is skipping Monte Carlo, but most important I can see WHY he is skipping it: for the Houston reason and for making his scheduling easier

let's be happy that he does it for that and not because not playing because of injury or other bad things

Neely
04-11-2005, 05:03 AM
Like Neely said in another thread, he has the tournament win to defend in Houston. In good sense and as caring he is, he is almost "damned to play it" because he is champion of that last year. Not happy that he is skipping Monte Carlo, but most important I can see WHY he is skipping it: for the Houston reason and for making his scheduling easier

let's be happy that he does it for that and not because not playing because of injury or other bad things
:worship: Very well said, Jogy!

Hasilicious
04-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Yes, besides being extraordinarily talented and beautiful, the boy seems to have a logical brain! The total package, if you will. That's our Tommy. Always work smart, not hard. Words to live by.