You know you're from...when you... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

You know you're from...when you...

Sandra
04-03-2005, 07:01 PM
http://www.blogthings.com/wherefrom.html

Sandra
04-03-2005, 07:03 PM
You Know You're Romanian When...

You grew up on liver sandwiches.... and thought that was normal.

You make your own noodles.

You had to share a room until you were 21.

Everything you eat is savored in garlic and onions.

You try and reuse gift wrappers, gift boxes, and of course aluminum foil.

You are standing next to the two largest suitcases at the airport.

You arrive one or two hours late to a party - and think its normal.

All your children have nick names, which sound nowhere close to their real names.

You know someone with 20 kids

You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone's house.

You can fit 10 people into a Dacia.

Your parents never throw anything away and if you by some chance manage to get something to make it to the garbage can... it mysteriously appears back where it was again.

You have lace curtains.

You have lace tablecloths.

You have rugs covering every inch of your house.

You have or had rugs on your walls.

Your mom tells you you're too skinny even though your 30 pounds overweight.

You ever heard of 'stomach stew'.

Girls cant have boyfriends when they are 17 but they have to be married at 18.

You have curtains hanging across every doorway.

Your parents tell you not to care what your friends think but they won't let you do certain things because of what other 'frati' and 'surori' will think.

You know someone that married his girlfriend of 2 months.

Your mom is a doctor and force feeds you medicine for anything ranging from a headache, stomach ache to a stubbed toe.

Your house is full of Romanian medicine that is probably illegal here.

You and your friends have ever been kicked out of a restaurant or recreational park for being too loud or rowdy.

Your mom recycles plastic cups and paper plates, and sandwich bags by washing them.

You dont know how to use a dishwasher.

You have a vinyl tablecloth on your kitchen table.

You use grocery bags to hold garbage.

Your dad ever butchered a pig or lamb.

You keep leftover food in your fridge in as many numbers of bowls as possible.

Your kitchen shelf is full of jam jars, varieties of bowls and plastic utensils (Got free with some household items).

Going to the movies is a sin.

Your parents call you farm animals when you get them mad.

Your mom ever chased you with a rolling pin or a broom telling you to stop so that she could hit you.

Your dad ever told you to smack yourself over the mouth for being disrespectful.

You're twenty years old and your parents are trying to send you to Romoville to get you married cause your old.

Getting married at 18 is normal.

Getting married at 16 actually happens.

Your mom washes your clothing at 40.

A new tax being passed by the government is simply a cover up because the end of the world is really coming.

Asking if you can get a discount at a discount store on clearance items is normal and not embarrassing for your parents.

You don't use measuring cups when cooking.

You feel like you've gotten a good deal if you didn't pay tax.

You can only travel if there are 5 persons at least to see you off or receive you whether you are traveling by bus, train or plane.

You only make long distance calls after 11 p.m.

If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight.

When your parents meet strangers and talk for a few minutes, you discover you're talking to a distant cousin.

Your parents don't realize phone connections to foreign countries have improved in the last two decades, and still scream at the top of their lungs when making foreign calls.

You have bed sheets on your sofas so as to keep them away from getting dirty.

It's "normal" if your wedding has 600 people.

You dont know half the people at your wedding cuz your parents invited them.

You've seen the ground while inside the lavatory of a train.

You have mastered the art of bargaining in grocery shopping.

You walk out of the grocery store with no less then two packed shopping carts weekly.

You're proud to be Romanian - and you pass these jokes on to all your Romanian friends!

sigmagirl91
04-03-2005, 07:44 PM
You Know You're From Kentucky When...
No matter how much you think you talk normally, when you head up North they all think you talk like a redneck

Your English teacher says things like "Y'all" and "Ain't Got None"

The best restaurant in town is the Cracker Barrel

No matter how bad UK's basketball team is, you still belive they'll pull it off and make it to the Final 4

You still believe the South should be it's own nation

You believe the Civil War was not a far fight

It's not an uncommon site to see a fat man in overalls and a cowboy hat drivin' down the road in a beat up Chevy with a confederate flag hangin' off the back with music from Johhny Rebel blastin' out of his radio

Biscuits, gravy, and grits is your favorite breakfast

Wakin' up with coons and squirrels on your back porch is not an uncommon thing

To you, huntin' aint killin', its sorta like grocery shoppin'

You own at least 10 country or southern rock cd's

You only own a pair of church shoes and winter shoes

In the summer you don't wear shoes

Even your grandmother chews tobacco

You consider the northern part of the country "The Union"

A rebel flag doesn't simbolize racism to you

Your church parking lot is filled with pickups

The first words out of your mouth every time you see friends are "Howdy!", "HEY!" or "How Y'all Doin'?"

You actually know who Toby Keith, Brooks& Dunn, Keith Urban, Montgomery Gentry, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Garth Brooks, and George Straight are.

A carbonated soft drink is a COKE, regardless of brand or flavor.

You refer to Louisville as "The Ville."

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Kentucky.

And all of this is the truth....

Corinna
04-03-2005, 08:25 PM
there's nothing for germany :sad:

Sandra
04-03-2005, 08:29 PM
There should be

Wednesday Addams
04-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanx, Sandra. :hug:
Most of those things are really true, but some aren't.

zoltan83
04-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Nothing for belgium :sad:

NATAS81
04-04-2005, 06:36 AM
Whatever it says for Florida. I refuse to bog down the thread with 10,000 lines more.

Yes, I own flipflops. Man, you quiz makers are too good for me!

liptea
04-04-2005, 06:51 AM
OK, so I thought I'd do South Carolina, but seriously, SC is the most boring place on the planet. The most memorable thing we ever did was start the Civil War.

Being Indian is cooler:
"You want a stereo! When I was your age, I didn't even have shoes!" ( :lol: My dad says this)

Your dad still pulls his socks up to his knees, you know, the ones with the blue and pink stripes at the top. (except that my dad wears Christmas colored socks year-round because they come on sale after Christmas.)

Your relatives alone could populate a small city. (Fo sho. My dad has 10 brothers and sisters.)

You say you hate Indian films but secretly watch them with your parents. (yes.)
You are sick and tired of answering questions about "the dot" (fo sho. I just tell people that my mom says that I don't get birthday gifts if I don't wear it.)

The second you pull out of someone's driveway, your parents start talking...about them. (best way to get gossip is to pretend to be cleaning and just listen instead. :woohoo: )

Kristen
04-04-2005, 07:05 AM
OMG these are so true!
You make over $100,000 AU and still can't afford a house. :rolleyes:

You never bother looking at the train timetable because you know the drivers have never seen it. :mad:

You contemplate calling a taxi from your home to where you managed to park the car the night before. yes!!!!

You spend 30 minutes in a traffic jam next to a car with more power to its speakers than its wheels. George Street/Darling Harbour. oonce oonce!

You know everyone's e-mail and mobile number but not their last name or home address. :o

You can't remember....is dope illegal? :confused:

A man in full leather regalia and crotchless chaps gets on the bus. You don't notice. :p Gotta love oxford st!

You are genuinely surprised when you meet someone who was actually born in Sydney (but then, they are Swiss/Thai/Brazilian). I'm from Perth!

You take a bus and are shocked at 2 people carrying on a conversation in English. :D :D

You think any guy with a George Clooney haircut must be visiting from the North Shore.

You know that any woman with a George Clooney haircut is not a tourist.

You couldn't figure out how to drive to Sydney Tower if your life depended on it.

You go out each Saturday for breakfast and the paper...at 3pm.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Sydney.

J. Corwin
04-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Some of them that I think apply to Bay Area peeps:

You Know You're From the Bay Area (California) When...

You get the same off-color email joke from 17 people in the same hour, and one of them is your wife. It's true...except the wife part :lol:

Almost all of the companies featured on your resume are no longer in business. This is actually true around this area, not that they are on my resume...

You make $120,000 a year, yet still can't find a place to live. Exorbitant prices here, it's crazy

Your commute time is 45 minutes and you live 8 miles away. Edge cities, commuter traffic...yup

You live an hour or more from the office so that you can afford a larger house.

You stop asking how much things cost, but instead ask "how long will it take?"

You know vast differences difference between Thai, Vietnemese, Chinese, Japanese, Cantonese, and Korean food. :yeah:

Your home computer contains mostly hardware/software that is not on the consumer market yet. :angel:

You go to "The City" on weekends but don't live there because you like your car. This is embarrassingly true :lol:

You know that 280 North goes west and that 680 North goes east. Go on it often

It rained ... and the spiders came in ... and the ants came in ... and the mice came in. Those lil bastards need to scram

None of the people you work with are bible thumpers.

Your workplace vending machines dispense "100% natural twig-bars" right next to Jolt cola and Instant Espresso mix.

No one brings radios to work because they listen to RealAudio.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from the Bay Area.

SuperFurryAnimal
04-04-2005, 10:05 AM
:sad: Dutch is not there... :hysteric:

Sandra
04-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanx, Sandra. :hug:
Most of those things are really true, but some aren't.
I dont really like to many of the list.. :rolleyes:

Iza
04-04-2005, 12:12 PM
I think some of the list bout Romania are freaky and untrue :eek: but some are true :lol:

Canuck_Chick
04-04-2005, 10:06 PM
here are the ones that are true for toronto:

A really great parking spot can move you to tears.

You make well over $100,000 and you still can't find a nice place to live.

You've had at least 3 bicycles stolen in the past 10 years. (i don't know why that happens so much here...my brother's bike has been stolen like 4 times)

At least 3 of your friends have moved to Vancouver (2 actually....but close enough)

You turn your nose up at any establishment frequented by the S&M crowd. (Scarborough and Mississauga)

You never, never, never swim in the lake (never ever)

You ever had a birthday party at the Organ Grinder or The Mad Hatter (mad hatter was pretty good)

You laugh heartily at people who refer to highway four hundred and one.

You know the difference between souvlaki, moussaka and spanakoptia.

You can name at least three locations of The Beer Store that are open till 11 PM. (i know like 10 :p)

You have NEVER been to the Hard Rock Cafe (personally, never been there)

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Toronto.

Ferrero Forever
04-05-2005, 11:53 AM
You Know You're From Australia When...
Your next door neighbours can be from Tunisia, Israel, Indonesia, Japan, Zimbabwe, Iraq, Brazil, Spain, Malaysia...(thats true

The community is so concerned over the fact that muslim women can't use public swimming pools because there are men present that they have female-only periods.
(true too)

The Greeks and Mexicans next door ask you over to have a barbeque.
(don't know about that, my neighbours are aussies)

You don't actually use the words 'sheila' or 'shrimp'.
(yep true)

You sleep with Aeroguard on.
(you probably need to, but walls do a good job)

You're wearing a cap emblazoned with 'Get A Dog Up Ya.'
(huh, don't get that one)

You feel obliged to spread salty black stuff that looks like congealed motor oil on bread and actually grow to like it.
(don't get that one either)

You actively dislike Americans, but watch their TV, eat their food and worship their idols.
(thats probably true, but i wouldn't say dislike)

You think Tall Poppy Syndrome is a national condition.
(don't get that one either)

Democracy means the freedom to draw caricatures of John Howard.
(YES!!!)

Your idea of a lethal weapon is a slug gun.
(whats a slug gun?)

The closest you ever got to going overseas was your packet of 5 Days In Rio grundies.
(i think thats true though i don't know what grundies are)

A posh meal = an all-you-can-eat buffet.
(yep thats true)

The term "musical instrument" also extends to wobbly bits of ply-wood, hand saws, gum leafs and combs.
(not to me because i play organ/piano, but probably true to everyone else)

Your most offensive curse also doubles as an exclamation of awe or amazement, like, "fark orf!"
(yep, thats true)

All of your internationally famous people don't live here.
(uh huh)

You think footballers dressing up in drag on TV is funny (but your son being gay isn't).
(it's very funny)

You relish test cricket - the longest, slowest game in sport (and that's not even counting the replays). After all, what else gives you an excuse to sit on your arse for five days, watch TV and sink piss with your mates?
(i hate cricket)

You don't drink Fosters, but you let the world think you do.
(yes, thats true)

The only thing better than beating the Pohms at ANY sport is giving them shit for it.
(no, don't really care unless some non-aussie beats tim henman.)

You love, adore and admire a particular team/sportstar/actor on a winning streak - until they lose. Then they're just crap and 'past it.'
(no, i love the spanish tennis players win or lose)

You can compress several words into one - ie 'g'day', 'd'reckn?' This allows for more space for profanities.
(yeah a bit, though i don't use much slang)

You favour either Holden or Ford - or a souped-up WRX with new kit and a bootful of subwoofer.
(hate cars)

Driving down the main street/beach road playing bad techno is your idea of a perfect Saturday night / Sunday arvo.
(don't drive)

You make kooky films, sometimes about wayward road trips (across the outback preferably). Quite a few are crap.
(not me)

You know all the words to Khe Sahn but not the national anthem.
(wots khe sahn)

Your nickname ends in 'a' or 'o'.
(yep, el-soso)

You have a customised stubby holder.
(no)

Your soap stars become pop singers and move to the UK.
(yes)

You've ever used the words - grouse, tops, ripper, choice, sick, rad, exo, ace, wicked, ballistic - to mean good. And then you place 'bloody' in front of it when you really mean it.
(yep)

Your cooking apron has plastic breasts on it.
(wtf)

The "Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi oi oi!" chant has been a religious experience in the past.
(of course)

The blokes at the local gym think your weight training is an opportunity to ask you out on a date.
(yep)

The big national sporting events are men-only.
(yep, grand final-cricket-grand prix)

Your politicians believe than sticking the prefix 'un' in front of your nationality is an effective way of making you sit down and shut up.
(yes- thats very unaustralian)

Our mantras are 'fair go for all', 'mateship' and 'little Aussie battler' - but we still publicly condemn those with different viewpoints to us.
(true true)

The barbeque is a male-dominated arena. And the women do the salads.
(yep, women don't like doing the barbies)

'Fair go for all' excludes indigenous people.
(seems to)

An eight-hour trip to go camping for the weekend isn't out of the question or excessive.
(for my family it is)

You take pride in living in a tolerant multicultural society but firmly believe that all Poms and Kiwis are fair game.
(not really)

You insist on asking every celebrity who steps of an aircraft what they think of Australia. If the response is not overwhelmingly positive, they should be subjected to immediate public ridicule.
(no, i don't care for celebrities)

The private lives of footy and cricket players become more important than local and national news stories.
(not to me because i hate footy and cricket)

Slick pick-up lines like 'Wanna shag?' and 'Carn, show us yer tits' can constitute male-to-female conversation.
(sometimes)

You say 'no worries' quite often, whether you realise it or not.
(i say it all the time)

You realise you have no Bill of Rights.
(lol, whats that supposed to mean)

The first thing guaranteed to get eaten at parties is fairy bread.
(yeah-fairy bread rocks)

So that's the special ingredients that make up an Aussie - whatever your taste.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Austrailia.

jackieglover
04-06-2005, 02:39 AM
You Know You're From the Bay Area When...
You get the same off-color email joke from 17 people in the same hour, and one of them is your wife.

Your "personal shopper" has become engaged to your "career coach".

You know that "taking the Nerd Bird" means you're flying to L.A ... for the 3rd time in a week.

You have a daughter named Meg and a son named URL.

You bought stock in Starbucks just for the free chocolate-covered coffee beans.

You recently built your children their first "tilt-up" concrete playhouse.

Almost all of the companies featured on your resume are no longer in business.

You make $120,000 a year, yet still can't find a place to live.

Your commute time is 45 minutes and you live 8 miles away.

You live an hour or more from the office so that you can afford a larger house.

You spend more time in your office and car than in your house.

You stop asking how much things cost, but instead ask "how long will it take?"

Two-thirds of the people you know are from Boston or New York, but you are living in PST.

You know vast differences difference between Thai, Vietnemese, Chinese, Japanese, Cantonese, and Korean food.

Your home computer contains mostly hardware/software that is not on the consumer market yet.

You go to "The City" on weekends but don't live there because you like your car.

You think that "I'm going to Fry's" is an acceptable excuse to leave the office for a while, and your boss does too.

You lost your alarm clock, but you'll get to work when you get there.

You go to an industrial-heavy-metal bar and see two guys get into a fight over what flavor of Unix is better.

You own more than 10 articles of clothing that have hardware/software companies printed on them. Bonus for embroidered stuff.

You know where Woz Way, Resistor Avenue, and Floppy Drive are located.

You know who and where Woz is.

You know that 280 North goes west and that 680 North goes east.

It rained ... and your birdbath fell over ... or your tree fell over ... or a utility pole fell over.

It rained ... and the spiders came in ... and the ants came in ... and the mice came in.

You realize that even though Microsoft employs quite a few programmers in the Bay Area, they only work on PowerPoint.

You see a billboard that says "FPG2ASIC" and understand what it means.

You can get the updated Diamond Monster 3D drivers by just walking across the street.

The phone company installed fiber-optic cable to your home but they can't afford to light it up.

You have more bandwidth inside your home than there is in most major universities.

Your wireless LAN is interfering with your wireless phone and your home automation system.

None of the people you work with are bible thumpers.

You get email from a co-worker at 10:00PM ... and you are both still in the office.

You scan yardsales for back issues of "Dr. Dobbs."

Your favorite computer reseller speaks only Cantonese.

Your workplace vending machines dispense "100% natural twig-bars" right next to Jolt cola and Instant Espresso mix.

No one brings radios to work because they listen to RealAudio.

There are more than six Z3s parked at your office during weekdays.

The Z3s are gradually turning into SUVs.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from the Bay Area.

El Legenda
04-06-2005, 06:22 AM
You Know You're From St. Louis When...
You love toasted ravioli with Budweiser beer.

"Vacation" is a choice between Silver Dollar City and Lake of the Ozarks.

You can find Pestalozzi Street by aroma alone.

You can get anywhere in 20 minutes, except on highway 40.

You can debate for 30 minutes whether Missouri Baking or Marge Amighetti makes the best Italian bread.

You know what "Party Cove" is, and where the "lake" is.

You still can't believe the Arena is gone.

Your first question to a new person is, "Where did you go to High School?"

Your non-St. Louisan friends always ask if you're aware there is no "r" in "wash."

You know at least one person who's gotten hurt at Johnson Shut-ins.

You know in your heart that Mizzou can beat Nebraska in football.

You think the four major food groups are Beef, Pork, Budweiser and Imo's.

You know there are really only three salad dressings: Imo's, Zia's and Rich and Charlie's.

You'll pay for your kid to go to college unless they want to go to KU.

You would rather have a root canal without anesthetic than drive on Manchester on a Saturday afternoon.

It just doesn't seem like a wedding without mostaciolli. AND YOU PRONOUNCE IT 'MUSKACHOLLI'. The balance of the menu is ham, boiled roast beef, string beans with ham and of course pitchers of Busch Bavarian (class weddings have Bud)

You know, within a three-mile radius, where another St. Louisan grew up as soon as they open their mouth.

You know what a Pork Steak is...and what kind of sauce to put on it!

Everyone in your family has floated the Meramec River at least once.

A hoosier is someone that lives just south of Chouteau, not a person from Indiana.

You have made fun of Mike Shanahan and tried to imitate him ordering another cold, frosty Busch Bavarian Beer.

You have listened to Mike's broadcast on KMOX, while watching the game on TV and wonder what game he is watching. A tear forms in your eye as someone mentions their favorite Jack Buck story.

You've said, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."

Your favorite summer treat is handed to you upside-down

You bleed Blue between September and May

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from St. Louis.

i got to college at Springfield 200miles from STL

You Know You're From Springfield, MO When...
Your favorite things to do outside the house are see a movie or go to Wal-mart.

Road construction leads the local news report.

You go to the part at 3pm, and the skies are clear. By 3:05 you're running for cover from the thunderstorms.

You know who the The "Ozark Mountain Ducks" are.

Your idea of vacation is a day trip to Branson.

New people in town are either college students or lost and looking for Branson.
You get thru a traffic light on the 3rd round ... if you’re lucky!

You know that Bachelor guy, because he gave your sister an STD.

El Legenda
04-06-2005, 06:26 AM
You know that Harry S. Truman, Walt Disney and Mark Twain are all from Missouri.

woot woot

You know in your heart that Mizzou can beat Nebraska in football.

You think I-44 is spelled "foarty-foar." (St. Louis Only)

You'll pay for your kids to go to college unless they want to go to KU.

HAHAHAhAHAHA TRUE...we hate Nerbraska football and everything tha has to do with KU F*KC THEM<

El Legenda
04-06-2005, 06:41 AM
this one comes from you know ur Serbian-but it goes for anyone born in Yugoslavia(Croatia,Bosnia,Serbia)

Rakija is used to cure all illnesses, celebrate all occasions and as a massage lotion

after i read that one...i cryed of :haha: ...its so true.... Rakija is probly strongest thing u will ever drink.2shots and ur drunk.....also get out high fever... ;)

*karen*
04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
You Know You're From Britain When...
You believe that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all good nights for drinking. Sunday day is also entirely reasonable.(true)

You're always a half an hour late to work ... no-one notices or cares.(true)

Coming to work with a hangover is entirely accepted and indeed expected at least once a week.(monday morning)

You can actually give directions to some of those annoying tourists in Oxford Street!(true don't live in london but its a similar thing in princes street in edinburgh)

You step over a drunk in the tube station rather than offering to help them.(true)

You don't even bother looking out of the window when you get up in the morning to check what the day is like. You know it is overcast.(true)

You consider a suit to be normal attire for the pub.(false)

You expect men to actually cut, comb and style their hair (using hair products). And to wear decent clothes. (wear decent clothes yes)

You dissolve in laughter when listening to the funny accent of the Aussie international telephone operator (or on TV!).(false)

You think £40 for a haircut is quite reasonable.(true)

You can't remember what 'customer service' means.(true)

After a big night out you find yourself looking for a Curry house(true)

More than three hours sunlight on summer days seems excessive.(true)

You don't think twice about tipping your hairdresser(false)

You finish every sentence with 'Cheers' or 'Yeah'.(use cheers alot)

You only just realise you have lost your sunnies, you left them in Greece 2 summers ago.(true)

You like English cuisine. I mean, it's hard to beat a full English breakfast.(true even tho i'm scottish)

You are on to your 6th umbrella and your second overcoat... this year (true)

You've bought a disposable baby BBQ from Tesco.(false)

A day at the beach means wearing the warmest clothes you own while standing on golf ball-size pebbles and the thought of swimming doesn't even enter your head.(sumtimes true)

You always call soccer football and you have a team and it's not Manchester United.(True soccer sounds gay and man u suck)

You don't think twice about buying a packaged sandwich.(True)

A sunny lunchtime means searching for a patch of grass and stripping off practically down to your underwear. (True)

You've accepted queuing as a way of life. (true)

You believe that every American is a fatass addicted to hamburgers and hotdogs.(True but the British aren't much better)

You despise the French (but then, who doesn't?).(not particularly but the french accent annoys me)

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Britan. (true)

***Daniela86***
04-06-2005, 03:22 PM
this one comes from you know ur Serbian-but it goes for anyone born in Yugoslavia(Croatia,Bosnia,Serbia)

Rakija is used to cure all illnesses, celebrate all occasions and as a massage lotion

after i read that one...i cryed of :haha: ...its so true.... Rakija is probly strongest thing u will ever drink.2shots and ur drunk.....also get out high fever... ;)
indeed :haha: :haha: :haha: :rolls: :rolls: :lol: but there are some serbians who are so used to drinking it that 2 shots is nothing for them :tape: :tape: they even drink it after breakfast :o :o

btw, there are others very very true sentences here :p :p

You Know You're a Serb When...

Your mom uses lard instead of Crisco to fry eggs.

Your family owns a coffee grinder..and a nut grinder

You have 17 consonants and 2 vowels in your last name

Duck tape is your father's only tool next to using a kitchen knife as a screwdriver.

Baba chased you around the house with Kamilica to drink and Vicks toshove up your nose when you had a cold

Your 15 year old sister can out-drink any Amerikanac

You get a C in history, but can recite every Serbian king, in order, from Czar Dusan

At your wedding you know only about a third of the people there.

All weddings have the same cuisine "supa, sarma, Pecenje".

A Serb girl tries to look 23 but she's actually 15.

At least one of your friends name is "Dragan".

You don't actually attend University, just hang out there and play "tablic".

Your father expects you to study or "hit da books" every waking hour that he's home, and he expects nothing less than an "A".

A cold shiver runs down your spine when your mom threatens by using the word "tata" in a sentence.

Your Deda cuts the grass with knee high black socks and slippers.

You work out six days a week, but somehow you dad whoops your ass in like five seconds after he comes home from a thirteen hour day from the bakery / factory / food business.

You own a leather jacket.

You have three pairs of black shoes.

You drive a nicer car than your parents.

There is a 120-gallon barrel of wine and Cabbage in your garage.

You hear birds chirping and see the sun rise every time you come home from the bar.

Your mother still makes your bed.

Every car your family owns has chrome wheels.

Your dad carries around enough money to buy a car.

You wear a DKNY t-shirt when you work out.

You have all brand new appliances in your kitchen but your mom cooks in the basement with the stove from your old house.

You are prohibited from speaking English in you own home.

Your parents can't pronounce "Thursday".

Your mum makes her own bread and slices it with a BIG kitchen knife to a thickness of 2 inches per slice.

You have the biggest sandwiches at school, always consisting of "prsut or salami".

Your dad wears dress socks with tennis shoes.

Your parents have gone on vacation ONCE and it was to Yugo.

Your walls are crowded with icons of saints

Your church has a fully loaded bar

If you are a girl and not married by the age of 20 you are an old maid

Your mother insists that you must eat something with "kasika" at least several times a week

You base your whole life on the fortune in your coffee cup

You eat canned peppers and ajvar with every meal

You have a Kosovka Devojka goblen hanging on your wall

You have a pair of wool slippers that your baba knit

There's a slab of fat in your fridge called "slanina"

You celebrate Christmas and Easter and New Year two weeks after everyone else

The head of a pig with an apple in its mouth is looked upon as a delicacy

You had/have a pet named Mishko.

You're an adult and still recieve Easter chocolate

You are told that you'll grow a tail if you drink coffee at a young age

Everyone is sure that you're Italian or Greek

Your parents still prefer to buy cassettes instead of CDs.

You are 6'5" 250# and your parents think you are too skinny.

Your mom gloats about how good Serbian food is but serves Turkish coffee for all her friends

Your friends' parents talk to you like they're YOUR PARENTS too.

Your parents order "Pepsi, no ice"

Your mom can bake a cake without sugar, chocolate, flour and oil, and she calls it "the embargo cake"

You refer to John Travolta as "Jontra"

Reunions are not complete without dissension and the airing of grievances.

You are adored the first 10 years of your life, then treated like a complete idiot until you get married.

You're proud to be Serbian - and you pass these jokes on to all your Serbian friends!

Deco
04-06-2005, 04:54 PM
haha it's funny to read, I supose it is very.. without depth, full with prejudices:p but you can learn a bit about ppl in different countries by reading it;)
It's sad there is nothing of the Netherlands

Pancakesong
04-06-2005, 06:41 PM
let me think: about holland is about
greed
marihuana
porn
wooden shoo
mills
tulips
vincent van gogh

DarkHorse
04-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Here is the stuff for West Virginia...although some of it is not so true anymore

You Know You're From West Virginia When...
You only knew one or two Republicans as you were growing up.

You actually know someone who has sold their vote for a bottle of liquor.

You've never seen a local ballot with anything but Democratic candidates.

You think Senator Byrd should be nominated for Sainthood.

You've seen Senator Byrd's name on a sign in front of a bridge or highway construction project.

You know what commodity cheese is.

You've been asked to give someone a ride to the post office on "check day."

You know what "check day" is.

You have avoided the post office on "check day."

You've seen a picture of John L. Lewis hanging on someone's wall right between the picture of Jesus and JFK.

You know who John L. Lewis is.

You know what a Tipple is.

You know what a slate dump is.

You played on a slate dump as a kid.

You know someone who actually did go to Pruntytown.

She same guy got his head shaved and "fell down the steps" at the court house a couple of times before being sent off.

Everyone who works at the court house is related to someone else who works there.

You sometimes call a paved road "the hard road."

You know someone who has driven to a neighboring state to get "real beer" instead of the 3.2 stuff.

You've bought fireworks from the same guy with the real beer.

The state where this guy went might be called "O-hi."

"Vacation" means driving through Wyatt on the way to Morgantown.

Down south to you means Kentucky.

Stores don't have bags; they have pokes.

You cook green beans for hours.

You know what a real tomato is, and have a recipe for candy ones.

Your parents have threatened to have you sent to Pruntytown.

You can watch someone order a hotdog and know in what part of the state they live.

You know that Serpent Mound was not made by snakes.

You know at least one couple who went to Virginia or Maryland to get married.

You can change the oil in your truck without ducking your head.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from West Virginia.

jasmine(usa)
04-07-2005, 03:51 AM
You've never met any celebrities....other than Fred Thompson

"Vacation" means going to the family reunion.

You know all 4 seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.

You laugh when people from anywhere north of TN tries to say or spell "y'all"

It's "Mar-vull" not "Mary-ville"

It's "Knox-vull" not "Knox-ville"

A tabogan is a hat, not a sled.

You butter your hot biscuit by cutting it open, putting a slab of butter inside and closing it back up again.

Every town in East Tennesse has a "strip" and they're not particularly safe to be in at night.

Pigeon Forge is not pronounced with a French accent.

Gatlinburg does have an "L" in it and it should be pronounced.

Sales tax is 9.5%.

You shop at Walmart for groceries, not at a grocery store.

You don't drive in Knoxville on game-day. EVER.

You or your friends chew.

You can't remember the last time you saw snow.

You have a "piss on" sticker on your car window

You know when Elvis Presley Day is

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Tennessee.

All these are pretty much true...except the chewing thing. Although, I do know quite a few men who chew. :)

Tiff, the ones about Kentucky are very funny.:lol:

sigmagirl91
04-07-2005, 03:58 AM
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][color=black]

You know all 4 seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
All these are pretty much true...except the chewing thing. Although, I do know quite a few men who chew. :)

Tiff, the ones about Kentucky are very funny.:lol:

Somewhere in the annals of Kentucky lore, we have one about the four seasons, and by golly they read just like the ones in TN. Right about now, it's almost summer, according to certain people here.

jasmine(usa)
04-07-2005, 04:20 AM
Somewhere in the annals of Kentucky lore, we have one about the four seasons, and by golly they read just like the ones in TN. Right about now, it's almost summer, according to certain people here.:lol: Most of them are so true.

sigmagirl91
04-07-2005, 04:26 AM
They are-especially the Wal-Mart jokes. People actually go grocery shopping there.

jasmine(usa)
04-07-2005, 04:53 AM
They are-especially the Wal-Mart jokes. People actually go grocery shopping there.Hey, I buy a lot of groceries there(except meat). It's usually cheaper than the regular grocery stores.

The ones about the piss on sticker's is really true. Also we're so crazy about our college football team is that the only time you do drive on game day is to the store for tailgaiting items, or the sports bar on whatever strip you'll be watching the game at.:lol:

The ones in your's about the south are true for TN also.:lol:

sigmagirl91
04-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Same here. We have those "We Brake For" stickers, and please do not drive through Lexington for game day. You'll never get out.

joske
04-07-2005, 09:44 AM
nice website.. but no Belgium to be found :rolleyes: