interesting first rounds in valencia [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

interesting first rounds in valencia

virex
04-02-2005, 12:43 PM
the most obvious: guga x rochus.. let´s see if guga can be a top player again
the
the coolest: nadal x ferrero - nadal is playing great and ferrero seems to be getting back
the ugliest: labadze x karlovic - excellent clay court players and both with very good chance to win RG. this will be a must see for everyone who likes to see great speed and moviment on the court

ktwtennis
04-02-2005, 12:50 PM
the ugliest: labadze x karlovic - excellent clay court players and both with very good chance to win RG. this will be a must see for everyone who likes to see great speed and moviment on the courtI hope you're kidding... :o

Alvarillo
04-02-2005, 12:51 PM
nadal-ferrero :sad:
one of the stars out in 1st round :(

natigruh
04-02-2005, 01:41 PM
super crappo. seriously. what the hell are they thinking??!! making two top spaniards go against each other?! tsk. i'll be wearing a spain shirt when i watch. though i wouldn't know who to cheer for >.< VAMOS RAFA! VAMOS JUANQUI! geez.

~EMiLiTA~
04-02-2005, 01:45 PM
yeah...rafa/jc is totally crap. imo rafa shouldn't play this tournament...

Billabong
04-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Guga Rochus will be interesting... I hope soooooooo much Guga wins this!!! Have they played before??

Fergie
04-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Guga Rochus will be interesting... I hope soooooooo much Guga wins this!!! Have they played before??
No, this will be the first match between Guga and Ollie ... Vamos Guga :yeah:

Billabong
04-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks Fergie:kiss:
GOOOOOOO GUGAAAAAAAA:banana:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joeb_uk
04-02-2005, 02:20 PM
the most obvious: guga x rochus.. let´s see if guga can be a top player again
the
the coolest: nadal x ferrero - nadal is playing great and ferrero seems to be getting back
the ugliest: labadze x karlovic - excellent clay court players and both with very good chance to win RG. this will be a must see for everyone who likes to see great speed and moviment on the court
Funny guy! nice joke

Scotso
04-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Nadal vs. Ferrero should, without a doubt, be the final of this tournament. :rolleyes:

Vincent
04-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Ferrero, Come on! Show Rafael what you are made of! :dance:

CooCooCachoo
04-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Well, at least no one can say the draw is rigged :p I am sure none of the officials or tournament director wanted this ;)

nhr
04-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Exciting. I can't wait. However my loyalty lies in JC first and foremost despite my immense admiration for Rafa.

adeegee
04-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Good draw, Rafa v JC should be great. I'd pay good money for a ticket for Labadze v Karlovic :D

*Ljubica*
04-02-2005, 04:37 PM
I would be very surprised to see Rafa play here now he has reached Miami Final - or of he does attend, he'll be tired and jet-lagged and unused to clay, and J-C should win.

And don't you people be so cruel to Irakli - he's one of my faves :)

Raquel
04-02-2005, 05:14 PM
I hope Juan Carlos wins that first round (and the whole event). Obviously Rafael will be tired if he does travel to play but I think when you are on a great run like he has been in his last few events, adrenaline can just carry you on and give you energy so it won't be easy.
Great to see Guga back too :)

NATAS81
04-02-2005, 06:50 PM
I agree the Nadal Ferrero first round matchup was dumb.

RogiFan88
04-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Well, there go the 75 ranking pts that Juanqui worked so hard for in Miami...

lalaland
04-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Well, there go the 75 ranking pts that Juanqui worked so hard for in Miami...

lol. Some much for no seeding and bad draw don't matter.
Certainly no special privilage for the local favorite of the tournament, they may even schedule this first round on wednesday to give Nadal more time to adjust. I hope they are mean enough to make Nadal play right off the plane :p .

PaulieM
04-02-2005, 07:40 PM
can't wait. Irakli :hearts:

holagirl56
04-02-2005, 07:43 PM

I hope Guga wins this too! It'll be his first match!!!!!! I think that Guga can win this too. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Go Guga!

Action Jackson
04-03-2005, 08:00 AM
Nadal/Ferrero in the 1st round and they'll play that on Wednesday. As Coo said it's definitely not fixed.

Ferrero that's you get for stealing the tournament from Mallorca.

Roger-No.1
04-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Well, at least no one can say the draw is rigged
:haha:

Chloe le Bopper
04-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Ferrero that's you get for stealing the tournament from Mallorca.

:lol:

Mallorca was Rafa's first ATP event, back when he was a toddler.

Action Jackson
04-03-2005, 09:44 AM
:lol:

Mallorca was Rafa's first ATP event, back when he was a toddler.

That makes it double karma then? Also that was Ferrero's first title win Mallorca. It's a bit eerie we have come the full circle.

Roger-No.1
04-03-2005, 09:48 AM
The Ring?

makro120
04-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Guga will begin his wonderful comeback to the top in this tournament and will go on to compete against Federer and Ferrero for the rest of the clay season.

Wishful thinking, I know.....

Ferrero Forever
04-03-2005, 11:14 AM
not fair not fair not fair-I HATE THIS DRAW-but i'm backing Ferrero all the way.

bad gambler
04-03-2005, 01:25 PM
i like mosquito's chances

PennyThePenguin
04-03-2005, 01:48 PM
guga and oli....:sad: :sad:

if u'll excues me.. i'll just go into a corner and wail now....:sad:

Damita
04-03-2005, 01:55 PM

if u'll excues me.. i'll just go into a corner and wail now....:sad::hug: :hug:

and Rafa/JC :eek:

liptea
04-03-2005, 04:43 PM
nadal-ferrero :sad:
one of the stars out in 1st round :(
:sad: :sad: :sad:

I think the ATP should have a rule that says that talented and sexay Spaniards should never play each other early.

MariaV
04-03-2005, 10:26 PM

if u'll excues me.. i'll just go into a corner and wail now....:sad:
Aww, enough of wailing fo today Jiat. :hug:

nkhera1
04-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Nadal should drop out of this tournament because right after this tournament he has the Masters Series Monte Carlo. Then he gets 2 weeks off before playing in the Master Series Telecom Italia, followed directly by the Masters Series Hamburg. Followed by a week off and then the French Open.

IMHO Masters Series are more important and he should take this week off to just practice and work on his game.

NYCtennisfan
04-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Nadal should drop out of this tournament because right after this tournament he has the Masters Series Monte Carlo. Then he gets 2 weeks off before playing in the Master Series Telecom Italia, followed directly by the Masters Series Hamburg. Followed by a week off and then the French Open.

IMHO Masters Series are more important and he should take this week off to just practice and work on his game.

I totally agree. I know he is 18 and has energy to burn but this tourny is not important as far as year end rankings are concerned. It would great for him to take the week off, practice a little on the dirt and then go at it in Monte Carlo.

ys
04-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Costa-Davydenko and Ferrero-Nadal are good matchups.

holagirl56
04-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Guga will begin his wonderful comeback to the top in this tournament and will go on to compete against Federer and Ferrero for the rest of the clay season.

Wishful thinking, I know.....

Not at all, not at all.

Neely
04-04-2005, 04:31 AM
Costa-Davydenko and Ferrero-Nadal are good matchups.
Yes, the Costa vs Davydenko match is also a very good one, a tricky one for both. For the ones that get the possibility to watch it, it should also turn out to be interesting.

2004, Rome, 1st round: Labadze def. Gaudio 6-3 6-2
so much for questioning Labadze's play on clay ;) :p
(however, Gaudio won the earlier match before and this one win was probably Labadze's "best" on clay he ever had)