babolat pure drive vs. babolat aero pro(nadal) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

babolat pure drive vs. babolat aero pro(nadal)

Rex
04-02-2005, 07:54 AM
i have a pure drive right now, but i am looking to get an aero pro- ive tested it out, but im unsure about weather its worth getting it.
plz help with this
thanks a lot

adeegee
04-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Ditch the pure drive! Without a doubt the Aero Pro is a nicer racquet, I used to play with the pure drive, but it gave me tennis elbow and I began to hate it after a while. When I tried out new racquets the Aero Pro was one of my favourites (this was the old model though) but I opted for the head liquidmetal radical

Ferrero Forever
04-02-2005, 10:08 AM
i've heard so many bad things about the pure drive-whats so bad about it? i've never played with one, so could someone fill me in please.

adeegee
04-02-2005, 10:15 AM
i've heard so many bad things about the pure drive-whats so bad about it? i've never played with one, so could someone fill me in please.

Its very powerful. But I found....

- It gave me really bad tennis elbow, the only racquet that ever has.
- Its absolutely impossible to volley with
- Its too much based around power, I found it hard to hit the nice angles and delicate shots I like to hit.

The pure drive's they sell in the shops are quite different to the models the pro's use though. I personally thought it was one of the worst racquet's I've ever played with, but just my opinion I know a lot of people who say its the best racquet.

Ferrero Forever
04-02-2005, 10:18 AM
okaies then-sounds perfect for my game then. Thanks for the write up

misyou25
04-02-2005, 11:54 AM
the pure drive makes it difficult to controle the shots but it's incredible well for people whose top spin works...otherwise you should rather have another when you can't controle your top spins...i have it and i have no problems with volleys as adeegee said...

misyou25
04-02-2005, 11:55 AM
in my opinion: it's the best raquet (pure drive)

misyou25
04-02-2005, 11:55 AM
and the head liquid

Rex
04-02-2005, 11:57 AM
thanks ppl-

Fee
04-02-2005, 05:27 PM
If you tested the racquet and you still feel that vague about it, I would say the answer is no, don't switch. Test another racquet.