TMS Miami Final: Federer VS Nadal [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

TMS Miami Final: Federer VS Nadal

Billabong
04-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Discuss;)!

adeegee
04-02-2005, 01:39 AM
I would love so much for Rafa to win. But I can't really see it happening. I'd be proud if he could take a set. My only fear is that he gets a Hewitt-like hammering, I really don't want that. But to be honest, whatever happens he's had a great tournament.

bad gambler
04-02-2005, 01:40 AM
federer in straight sets - seems to be the flavour of the year

Billabong
04-02-2005, 01:41 AM
I actually don't think it will be a thrashing, but I do expect Rogi to win:)! He played amazing against Henman and Agassi, and he'll surely be very motivated to win both Masters back to back and maintain the incredible record in finals;)!

Sharad1982
04-02-2005, 01:42 AM
can't go against federer here! i do hope nadal gives him a great great great fight
i can't wait to see this one!
i hope it's not a dud like hewitt federer matches

Billabong
And another thing: Rogi will certainly don't want to lose twice to the same player at the same tournament;)! So I think he'll be fired up to win this:)! We'll see;)!

adeegee
Rafa's hope is the high topspin forehand to Roger's backhand. Hopefully it will cause Roger some problems, but other than that I'm not sure how he can win, Roger is just too good from the back of the court at the moment.

Rogiman
04-02-2005, 01:43 AM
It's going to be a match for the generations, everything implies it's going to be!

Nadal isn't going to have the mental breakdowns Hewitt often has after falling behind in the match against Roger, and it will definitely not be over in three sets.

I wouldn't count Nadal out at all, but in best of 5 I still give Federer the edge.

Roger in 4!

Billabong
i expect roger to win in 2, but i want rafa to win in 3.

i'll dream on....:angel:

best of 5 sets dear;)!

adeegee
i expect roger to win in 2, but i want rafa to win in 3.

i'll dream on....:angel:

its 5 sets dude. but yeah, lets hope rafa wins in 3 ;)

pryss
04-02-2005, 01:46 AM
its 5 sets dude. but yeah, lets hope rafa wins in 3 ;)
i'm a dudette!

and the comment has gone. XD

nadal in 5, then.

adeegee
04-02-2005, 01:47 AM
i'm a dudette!

and the comment has gone. XD

nadal in 5, then.

oh sorry dudette. rafa in 5 would be nice :p

uNIVERSE mAN
04-02-2005, 01:49 AM
How people make an 18 year old with 60 wins almost as though he's a legend is beyond me!

knight_ley
04-02-2005, 01:52 AM
nadal in five!!!!!!

and i'm standing by that statement till the end :yeah:

this is my dream final!!! :woohoo:

VAMOS!!!!!!

adeegee
04-02-2005, 01:53 AM
How people make an 18 year old with 60 wins almost as though he's a legend is beyond me!

No-one said he's a legend. He's an 18 year old with undoubted potential on a marvellous winning streak, and is the standout talent coming through on the ATP Tour. People are right to be getting excited about him

PaulieM
04-02-2005, 01:56 AM
it's going to be a good match, but obviously i'm rooting for federer. :D

Neely
04-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Discuss;)!
There is nothing to discuss until it's proved that Federer can be beaten in a final :p It's either a wild guess at Nadal or a total banker on Federer based upon thousands of records or streaks: "Roger has that streak", "Roger never lost if...", "Roger always wins after..."

adelaide
04-02-2005, 01:57 AM
18 years old and 60 wins is pretty good! ;)

vamos nadal! :)

NATAS81
04-02-2005, 02:01 AM
The amount of wins for Nadal is unimportant. At any given moment with the right mindset and potential in place, an improvement to one's game can be made which results in a long successful winning streak. Nadal fits all of this.

Federer shows Rafael first-hand the techniques needed to push him over the hump in this five setter which Roger comes away victorious.

Fergie
04-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Rogi in straight sets :yeah:

Scotso
04-02-2005, 02:02 AM
Nadal will win :worship:

adeegee
04-02-2005, 02:03 AM
it's going to be a good match, but obviously i'm rooting for federer. :D

Paulie I'm disappointed in you :mad: It's my birthday on Sunday, Rafa winning would be a great present. Surely you want me to be happy :p

PaulieM
04-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Paulie I'm disappointed in you :mad: It's my birthday on Sunday, Rafa winning would be a great present. Surely you want me to be happy :p
sorry baby, but my happiness is more important on this one, and roger winning would make me very happy. don't worry i'll make it up to you :devil:

Corey Feldman
04-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Cmon roga http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/1/character21.gif
lets win a big title that your hero's Becker and Edberg never won, do it for them! :bounce:

MissMoJo
04-02-2005, 02:16 AM
I like Rafa....so i want him to win a set:p, Rogi in 4

oneandonlyhsn
04-02-2005, 02:18 AM
I love the Kid, he has so much heart and talent, but against the swiss master I want him to serve Nadal some of that delicious swiss cheese with a handful of strawberries.

lucashg
04-02-2005, 02:38 AM
It should be an interesting match, but Federer is gonna be pumped to win this title, I believe. I hope he is and does it, it would be a great thing for him. Obviously it would for Nadal, too. But Federer has played better players and is a much better player overrall, so I'll say he deserves it more and will try his best to show this.

I want the match to be exciting, maybe 3 close sets would be excellent. Go Ninja, win this!

I hope Federer's on and aware about Nadal's forehand topspin going against his backhand, it's Nadal's biggest chance against Fed. Rogi, however, has so much more variety in his game that he can really trouble Nadal.

euroka1
04-02-2005, 03:07 AM
As I once said about Federer-Lleyton, I think it could go either way!

Chloe le Bopper
04-02-2005, 03:10 AM
Regardless of who wins, Nadal gets to go home the biggest DIVA :D They're even asking Andre about his pants now :angel:

Roger-No.1
04-02-2005, 03:13 AM
Dream final!

RonE
04-02-2005, 03:30 AM
Rafi is on a great run and I am sure he will give Rogi everything he can handle- that being said, this is a final- so Rogi, go out there and win your 18th consecutive!!! :bounce:

oneandonlyhsn
04-02-2005, 03:31 AM
I think Roger has a big advantage in his return game. If he can get a look at Nadal second serves it will be a big advantage. However Nadal can constantly hit spins to the Rogers backhand and that will create a lot of UE from Roger. I think Rogers backhand has really improved lately.

RonE
04-02-2005, 03:41 AM
I think Roger has a big advantage in his return game. If he can get a look at Nadal second serves it will be a big advantage. However Nadal can constantly hit spins to the Rogers backhand and that will create a lot of UE from Roger. I think Rogers backhand has really improved lately.

The thing is, Roger can hit the very low and short backhand crosscourt slice to Raf's forehand drawing him into the net, and with such an extreme western grip he might not be so comfortable hitting that shot and that could set up an opportunity on the next shot for Roger to take control of the point.

That being said, I expect Roger will be the one trying to dictate more so he will make more errors which is only natural. As long as his ratio of winners to UE's is greater than the reverse ratio, he will be fine.

In the semi match, Ferrer managed to set up some of the points very nicely but just didn't quite have what it takes to finish the point off when he had Nadal on the ropes- Roger has much greater firepower and more often than not when he does set up the point and puts himself in an advantageous position in a rally he sees it through unless he is having a very bad day.

Havok
04-02-2005, 03:46 AM
PLEASE win Nadal. Be one of those odd TMS hardcourt owners, I don't really care at this point.:p

Daniela_CABJ
04-02-2005, 04:04 AM
I think Rafa is the future number 1... so he can win the match against the current Nº1 ...(again)

Vamos Rafa!!! :yeah:

Fedex
04-02-2005, 04:53 AM
Federer

uNIVERSE mAN
04-02-2005, 04:55 AM
I think Rafael is a good player, but what exactly did he do to make himself so likeable to a lot of you hardcore fans of his? His interviews are brief and fragmented, and he's not really an outgoing guy (not that I see anyway).

Roger-No.1
04-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Fedex...

Welcome to GM!

Chloe le Bopper
04-02-2005, 05:04 AM
I think Rafael is a good player, but what exactly did he do to make himself so likeable to a lot of you hardcore fans of his? His interviews are brief and fragmented, and he's not really an outgoing guy (not that I see anyway).
Some of us have been following him for a couple years now. It's exciting when young players start making an impact on the tour. People like young prodigies, that's just how it is ;)

If his interviews are fragmented and brief, you're probably reading the ones where he speaks in English ;) That, and frankly I don't care if the players I like give Marat-like interviews or not. He's entertaining on court.

uNIVERSE mAN
04-02-2005, 05:05 AM
So I suppose when he's 22 you'll get bored of him and look for the next 16 year old?

Chloe le Bopper
04-02-2005, 05:10 AM
So I suppose when he's 22 you'll get bored of him and look for the next 16 year old?
Yes. I dig them young!

No, seriously... I imagine that Rafa is one of those players that I will always root for. If I rooted for just ANY young kid on tour I would have been all over the Gasquet wagon, and would still be on it (he's still young, afterall). I just never happened to hop on it :shrug:

I started following Rafa a month or two before he beat Costa. I first saw him on TV only a few months after starting to follow him, and that was when he played Coria in Monte Carlo. From the first time seeing him I thought he was a really exciting player. He's not for everybody, but I really don't care :cool:

Asmus
04-02-2005, 06:51 AM

It's all about the pants. And I have a thing for lefties.

tennischick
04-02-2005, 07:01 AM
it's the capris baby :drool: :lick:

by making your shitty comment about the Spanish all being grinders, you indicated your inability to appreciate players like Nadal. why should i waste my energy trying to change your mind? :o

i think Federer will win for the simple reason that our Rog does not like the fact that Nadal is one of the few players that have a winning record against him in both singles and doubles. ;)

Plastic Bertrand
04-02-2005, 07:03 AM
Roger will win and I really hope that Nadal can bring out some out of Roger's best tennis. It'll be good to have a close final.

chocc0
04-02-2005, 07:19 AM
VAAAAMOSSS RAFAEL!!!!!!!!!!! U can do it! :woohoo: :yeah:

deliveryman
04-02-2005, 07:28 AM
You guys act like Federer's backhand is a weakness... It maybe the weakest part of his game, but that's like giving it a 9/10 instead of a 10/10.

Agassi attacked Federer's backhand tonight, and look what happend... 48 winners.

Rex
04-02-2005, 07:38 AM
i think fedface will win- but nadal will definately play exceptionally and will make federer have to play that much better.

Federerhingis
04-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Actually Feds backhand is his only weakness, its only very few can actually exploit it. Ljubicic is actually rather successful at this and his backhand is actually more stable than Federers, not as smooth, perhaps it is but he can hit winners quite comfortably on that side. The problem is Federers backhand can produce amazing passing shots and his volleying from that side is almost impeccable when he's on. Oh and his slices can be quite effective from this side! Another guy who has been able to exploit it has been Safin, Agassi can and has, just not as succesfully.

Nadal will definitely be a tough opponent, hopefully not too tough! But man is he talented. :worship: :worship:

deliveryman
04-02-2005, 07:56 AM
Actually Feds backhand is his only weakness

Compared to the rest of his game? Or compared to the average backhand on the tour?

I honestly think Federer doesn't have a clear-cut weakness to his game, but if you had to pick one out, I would say it is his backhand. But I wouldn't neccessarly call it a "weakness."

Federerhingis
04-02-2005, 08:14 AM
I would say a little bit of both, its certainly the weakest part of his game and its weaker in comparison to backhands like Safins, Agassi's, Nalbandian's, Llubicic's maybe Gaudio's, probably Coria's certainly on clay, but its certainly an above average backhand. Its such a smooth shot, and his passing shot ability and volleying from this wing more than makes up for it being weaker versus the above mentioned and thats actually why it doenst seem like a weakness, plus he can slice very well too from this wing as well.

Björki
04-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Vamos Rafa :bounce:

WyveN
04-02-2005, 08:50 AM
If Nadal is able to handle the situation I think the first few sets should be tight, perhaps he will even win one but Roger will probably eventually wear him out. It will probably be a very interesting rivalry in the future.

Ruski
04-02-2005, 08:57 AM
The current No.1 vs. the potential future No.1!!!! :yeah:

I believe Nadal can take one set off Roger, but Roger will be the final winner! :)

C'mon guys, producing some amazing tennis to us at the final!!! :D

Cervantes
04-02-2005, 09:27 AM
The current No.1 vs. the potential future No.1!!!! :yeah:

I believe Nadal can take one set off Roger, but Roger will be the final winner! :)

C'mon guys, producing some amazing tennis to us at the final!!! :D

What's all this future #1 stuff? 48-1 since Athens lads, there is no future #1 only a current #1 and as long as Roger is dominating the game like he is you can't see anyone getting even close to #1. Or has Roger decided to quit next year or something?

On the match, I don't think Nadal can take down Roger, maybe he can in the future (perhaps on clay), but not right now. Last year's win was a fluke and Roger will prove it tomorrow. Only thing slightly in Nadal's favor is the lefty forehand, which might give Roger problems early on. But other than that Roger is better in every department of the game: serve, forehand, backhand, volley, handling pressure. Even though Nadal has great fighting spirit, that alone won't be enough.

El Legenda
04-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Go Rogdal

adeegee
04-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Rogers backhand is an amazing shot, but it isn't as good as his forehand so I suppose we can call it his weakness. The only reason I think Nadal can get to it is because the huge amount of topspin he gets on his forehand which will kick up to Federer's backhand. Its very tough for a one handed backhand to deal with that, as Ljubicic explained before/after the Nadal match. Agassi was pounding Roger's backhand but it was mainly flat shots, and it got a bit predictable after a while he should've changed it up to keep Roger guessing. Having said that, I think we need Roger to have a bit of an off day on Sunday, I think the main difference could be the fact that Roger can get a lot more cheap points off his serve.

deliveryman
04-02-2005, 09:52 AM
With Nadal having the serve he has. He's probably going to have to break Roger 4-5 times in order to win the match... and I just don't see that happening.

adeegee
04-02-2005, 10:01 AM
With Nadal having the serve he has. He's probably going to have to break Roger 4-5 times in order to win the match... and I just don't see that happening.

Yeah I'd agree. Thats why he can beat him on clay, but probably not on hard. Still, we can always hope :D

Exodus
04-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Nadal will never be no.1 as long as Federer and Safin are still in the game

El Legenda
04-02-2005, 10:17 AM

Safin will never be No.1 as long as he as a brain.

adeegee
04-02-2005, 10:21 AM

Nadal's got more of a chance of being no.1 than Safin the way Marat is heading

deliveryman
04-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Nadal's got more of a chance of being no.1 than Safin the way Marat is heading

I'd say Nadal's got more of a chance at being a consistant no.1 than Safin does.

Exodus
04-02-2005, 11:08 AM
But Nadal will never have a chance at the no.1 spot he just don't have the firepower to do so

Rogiman
04-02-2005, 11:11 AM
But Nadal will never have a chance at the no.1 spot he just don't have the firepower to do so

I bet my balls right now and here that within the next 3 years he will have been #1, and believe me - I'm not happy about it.

Action Jackson
04-02-2005, 11:12 AM

That line doesn't really work for 1 reason. There was a guy who was # 1 in the world for 2 years someone called Hewitt and firepower wasn't his strong point.

If that's all it took then Fernando Gonzalez and Agustin Calleri would be top 5.

Exodus
04-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't think so, maybe if Federer and Safin gets injured.

El Legenda
04-02-2005, 11:17 AM
I don't think so, maybe if Federer and Safin gets injured.

Safin?!?! No.1!?! :o

Exodus
04-02-2005, 11:21 AM
He's the only one able to beat Federer in the last 48-50 matches.

I mean Nadal doesn't have what it takes to beat Federer so he will never be no.1

Cervantes
04-02-2005, 11:43 AM
He's the only one able to beat Federer in the last 48-50 matches.

I mean Nadal doesn't have what it takes to beat Federer so he will never be no.1

Nadal has a better record against Federer than Safin, so your logic doesn't make sense. Anyway Safin will never be No.1 if he tanks tournaments like Indian Wells and Miami.

Exodus
04-02-2005, 11:45 AM
yupp better record, they have only played once

onewoman74
04-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Roger is not some old dude at the end of his career...this dude is young and hungry for more titles and to make history. Nadal is at the very beginning of his career and w/ tons of talent. I'm not saying that Nadal can't win, but I'm going w/ the guy who has more hardware and talents that are out of this world.

Second, Fed is not going to lose to this guy a second year in a row...he's a Leo and has way toooooo much pride. Nadal is going down...watch Fed give this kid a spanking-just to prove a point!!!

Truthfully I feel sorry for Nadal.

WyveN
04-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Nadal still has a few holes in his game that he needs to work on before he can be truly competetive for the top position.
Even Federer was not half the player he is now when his backhand was a little less reliable. Whether Nadal can get rid of those weaknesses, we will have to wait and see.

YoursTruly
04-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Roger! And he really should win, he's just the best. But this is a match where I like both players and they are respectable people and great to be stars, so I'll be cheering for both of them and cheering for an exciting match. :)

nhr
04-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I need to check if I get the match live here. However my heart roots for Rafa all the way. Vamos!!!!

deliveryman
04-02-2005, 08:53 PM
he's a Leo and has way toooooo much pride. Nadal is going down...

Truthfully I feel sorry for Nadal.

Ok, any credibility in your post was completely ruined when you based a tennis arguement on astrology. *Shudders*

Nadal has a better record against Federer than Safin, so your logic doesn't make sense.

You're joking, right?

Rogiman
04-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Ok, any credibility in your post was completely ruined when you based a tennis arguement on astrology. *Shudders*

I agree!
How silly is that when people try to give any sense to astrological rubbish :mad:

Golfnduck
04-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I can see Rafa winning this in 5. I would love Rafa to win, he's won me so much vcash this week. Hopefully he plays well and stays focused.

Rogiman
04-02-2005, 08:59 PM
I can see Rafa winning this in 5. I would love Rafa to win, he's won me so much vcash this week. Hopefully he plays well and stays focused.

I take it your vCash is again on Nadal tomorrow then...?

Daniel
04-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Federer will win :D

uNIVERSE mAN
04-02-2005, 10:48 PM
That line doesn't really work for 1 reason. There was a guy who was # 1 in the world for 2 years someone called Hewitt and firepower wasn't his strong point.

If that's all it took then Fernando Gonzalez and Agustin Calleri would be top 5.

George, did you see the one where I said Nadal hasn't defeated a top 10 player in a year? Granted he's very young, but people can't have an argument both ways, either he's very young and needs to develop or he's #1 potential and is showing the signs of development, I see his potential for a solid JCF type spanish player in the top 10, but this #1 business is way out of line.

Chloe le Bopper
04-02-2005, 11:01 PM
LOL @ Nadal lacking "firepower". That's almost as funny as him being "overrated".

Rafa might not make number 1 but it won't be because he lacked "firepower". *snort*

Chloe le Bopper
04-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Agreed. Safin and Federer will consistently maintain their positions at the top of the game for the next 10 years and Rafa will never get any better than he is now.

Sjengster
04-02-2005, 11:56 PM
George, did you see the one where I said Nadal hasn't defeated a top 10 player in a year? Granted he's very young, but people can't have an argument both ways, either he's very young and needs to develop or he's #1 potential and is showing the signs of development, I see his potential for a solid JCF type spanish player in the top 10, but this #1 business is way out of line.

Roddick, DC final? Granted, he did have a surface and home advantage, but he still got it done against a Top 10 player. And call me stupid, but wasn't that "JCF type Spanish player" the man who got to no. 1 near the end of 2003, and won one out of two Slam finals that year? Not a bad career if Nadal ends up emulating him.

I don't think he lacks power off the ground, but a lack of firepower on the serve (not that I'm saying it's impossible for him to improve it) could be what keeps him from reaching no. 1. The serving difference will probably be what gives Federer the victory tomorrow; that said, I expect Nadal to give him more problems in the rallies than people are expecting, considering the depth and spin he is getting on his groundstrokes.

Chloe le Bopper
04-03-2005, 12:01 AM
I somehow missed this quote before:

but people can't have an argument both ways, either he's very young and needs to develop or he's #1 potential and is showing the signs of development,

Actually, yes, you can have it both ways. Because these qualities do not represent opposite ends of the same spectrum. One can be a developing player with the potential to be number 1, who needs to further develop their game before getting to that point. Seriously, a gigantic WTF to this comment. And speaking of WTF:

I see his potential for a solid JCF type spanish player in the top 10, but this #1 business is way out of line.

:retard:

Thanks for drawing my attention to this by quoting it, Sjensta.

David Kenzie
04-03-2005, 12:08 AM
I always like winning streaks going on like Federer's in finals but everything must come to an end one day (I think we say that every time federer reaches a final lol). But I think Nadal deserves to be the one to stop him, and I would definately be happy for him if he wins.

deliveryman
04-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Like I said before:

Nadal is going to have to break Roger's serve 4-5 times to win it. That's not going to happen. Don't give your guys hopes up.

Chloe le Bopper
04-03-2005, 12:21 AM
It probably won't happen. But some people also said that Roger would not lose in Australia. Nor would he lose to Rafa last year in Miami. Shit happens. To totally write off shit from happening is foolish. Unless the shit that happens is Ginepri. Then yes, by all means write it off.

Billabong
04-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Come on Rogi:D!

Fedex
04-03-2005, 03:09 AM
Unless the shit that happens is Ginepri. Then yes, by all means write it off.
:haha: :rolls:

uNIVERSE mAN
04-03-2005, 03:22 AM
I somehow missed this quote before:

Actually, yes, you can have it both ways. Because these qualities do not represent opposite ends of the same spectrum. One can be a developing player with the potential to be number 1, who needs to further develop their game before getting to that point. Seriously, a gigantic WTF to this comment. And speaking of WTF:

:retard:

Thanks for drawing my attention to this by quoting it, Sjensta.

As much as you'd like to believe it, I didn't mean that as a slight. Juan Carlos is a top 10 player, yes he was #1 briefly but he's more so a solid fixture in the top 10 when he's in form (he may get there again). When I say Juan Carlos type, I mean the spanish type of player as in strong ground game and very strong on clay.

Daniela_CABJ
04-03-2005, 05:00 AM
VAMOS RAFA!!! :yeah:

NATAS81
04-03-2005, 05:01 AM
Indeed. Vam to the moosssssst

Chloe le Bopper
04-03-2005, 05:29 AM
As much as you'd like to believe it, I didn't mean that as a slight. Juan Carlos is a top 10 player, yes he was #1 briefly but he's more so a solid fixture in the top 10 when he's in form (he may get there again). When I say Juan Carlos type, I mean the spanish type of player as in strong ground game and very strong on clay.

It's not that I would like to believe it was a slight. It's that the way you said it didn't make much sense.

When JCF was in form he was a solid feature in the top 5, not just the top 10. He ended in the top 5 three years in a row.

NATAS81
04-03-2005, 05:34 AM
It's not that I would like to believe it was a slight. It's that the way you said it didn't make much sense.

When JCF was in form he was a solid feature in the top 5, not just the top 10. He ended in the top 5 three years in a row.
Yes! Juan Carlos Ferrero won his share of Hardcourt titles! It just sucks that he has the draw he does in MonteCarlo!! I'm a big believer in JCF and think he will regain a place in the top 10!

Chloe le Bopper
04-03-2005, 05:37 AM
Yes! Juan Carlos Ferrero won his share of Hardcourt titles! It just sucks that he has the draw he does in MonteCarlo!! I'm a big believer in JCF and think he will regain a place in the top 10!
JCF 4EVA! I've tried my best to ignore his pathetic spell. He demonstrated some hope in Miami. He could have lost to Ferrer back when he was still quite good, so I wasn't overly bothered by that. It's the losses to Kevin Kim and Ginepri that bother me.

Anyways, his Valencia draw sucks the bag. We'll see how that goes. Honestly, I don't mind if Rafa loses that, but I'm having ah ard time seeing it right now.

NATAS81
04-03-2005, 05:45 AM
JCF 4EVA! I've tried my best to ignore his pathetic spell. He demonstrated some hope in Miami. He could have lost to Ferrer back when he was still quite good, so I wasn't overly bothered by that. It's the losses to Kevin Kim and Ginepri that bother me.

Anyways, his Valencia draw sucks the bag. We'll see how that goes. Honestly, I don't mind if Rafa loses that, but I'm having ah ard time seeing it right now.
But Chloe! You are the ultimate Nadal supporter! Surely you jest! ;)

JCF can't be in too bad of shape if he lost to the eventual Semi-finalist! Vamos! Let's hope that his feet are wet enough on this comeback attempt to where he can relax and execute his shots!

Action Jackson
04-03-2005, 11:11 AM

You are looking for stuff that isn't there, remember you are someone who is always going on about how crap Spanish players are, but enough of this.

I have not said Nadal is going to be # 1 in the future, that is something I don't care about or ever have cared about. He beat Roddick in the Davis Cup and last time I looked he was in the top 10.

A Ferrero type, yes the guy made a final of a hardcourt Slam after playing 4 days in a row a best of 5 sets, one that made the TMC final indoors and has won a TMS off clay, so yes he is rubbish and those are rubbish achievements as well.

Most of your logic is flawed, but nothing unusual about that from many of your posts.

Yes, he has huge potential and has room to improve and has been doing that steadily and will need to continue so, just like any other player.

Auscon
04-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Well I'll be damned, Rafa gives Federer a hiding in the first set...6-2

Federer seems to be giving up alot of errors....guess the lefty with some heavy spin is giving him some early troubles. And looks as though that serve isnt as susceptible as it may have seemed...so far 0 bp chances

Auscon
04-03-2005, 05:54 PM
and no-fear-nadal breaks feds in the opening game of the second

Saumon
04-03-2005, 06:04 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

aceit
04-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Federer's Fedness is back. Darn.

erik-the-red
04-03-2005, 06:17 PM
It seems like the Fed has got the rhythm again.

He was going for Nadal's backhand too much in the first set.

erik-the-red
04-03-2005, 06:18 PM
aceit, you beat me... :(

erik-the-red
04-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Now, it looks like Nadal has a momentum shift again...

Iheartandy&roger
04-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Omg this is scary..... Nadal just won 7-6 when Roger had a such a big gap lead.....

blosson
04-03-2005, 06:55 PM
unbelievable 2-0 for nadal. wow :eek:

can superogi win 3 sets in a row now?

euroka1
04-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Fabulous match, my kind of spectator tennis.

Iheartandy&roger
04-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Well this is a fabulous match what a huge upset. Rogi's playing like the amateur here :eek: :help:

lina_seta
04-03-2005, 08:34 PM

he is trying trying.... 5th deciding set now... cmon roger

deliveryman
04-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Looks like Roger will walk away with this one. Up two breaks in the 5th.

Nice try Rafa.

Exodus
04-03-2005, 08:54 PM
It was really close in the 3.set TB, nice try but Federer reigns supreme

Marine
04-03-2005, 08:55 PM

It seems that yes... :)

Ruski
04-03-2005, 08:59 PM
What's all this future #1 stuff? 48-1 since Athens lads, there is no future #1 only a current #1 and as long as Roger is dominating the game like he is you can't see anyone getting even close to #1. Or has Roger decided to quit next year or something?

On the match, I don't think Nadal can take down Roger, maybe he can in the future (perhaps on clay), but not right now. Last year's win was a fluke and Roger will prove it tomorrow. Only thing slightly in Nadal's favor is the lefty forehand, which might give Roger problems early on. But other than that Roger is better in every department of the game: serve, forehand, backhand, volley, handling pressure. Even though Nadal has great fighting spirit, that alone won't be enough.

You know, somebody just being so sure of something..... But the reality put him/her down. Take that!!!! ;)

NATAS81
04-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Nadal is the next star, no doubt about it. He has little inklings in his game, personality, fun-loving, great young prospect. He's starting to come into his own now. A long winning streak was finally abrupted by the greatest in the game.

Nothing to be ashamed of from the Nadal camp. He can only get better and better. And you can't get much better than 2-0 sets against the world's #1!

Brilliant fighting Nadal! Keep your head up son keep digging!

:yeah: Great match!

Sjengster
04-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Like I said before:

Nadal is going to have to break Roger's serve 4-5 times to win it. That's not going to happen. Don't give your guys hopes up.

And yet strangely enough, it did. Federer finally counteracted that with 7 breaks of his own, though.