Well, he overcame the curse to win 7-6, 7-5, 6-3

TennisHack
01-14-2003, 03:08 AM
just FYI ;)

Mrs. B
01-14-2003, 05:41 AM
Thankies, Hackie, for the updates!

:wavey:

I was here yesterday and posted a reply but obviously it didn't get through :(, posting something takes like 2 minutes, that's how slow the connections here are.
Anywayz, good to see Roger making it through the first round, inspite of the new tshirt, yuk, whoever designed this should be whacked with a racket a thousand times for baadd taste!

Well, we're leaving this beautiful island on Saturday, we've missed quite a few days because of bad weather, but overall we've had a great time. Played tennis a few times, but it's really hot and humid and the courts aren't well maintened. Do you know that the nets here are from Roland Garros? There's this French guy who comes here yearly and he's working for RG and so he brings over the used nets.
In between we've had a petanque tournament participated by our Swiss friends on the island, i play frisbee whenever, there's also this new sport called beach tennis, anyone ever heard of it?

Gotta go, i send you lots of greetings but id give anthing to be watching the AO right now, but there's no access here on local tv. So please keep me posted here. Miss you all!!!!

big hugs.

Mrs. B
01-14-2003, 05:45 AM
...and CONGRATS, Hackie on your 7000th!
:)

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Beat
01-14-2003, 03:39 PM
sorry, but those shirts.... ts ts ts.... :o are those the ones designed by miroslava?

ILR
01-14-2003, 04:32 PM
:eek: the front view!:p Hackie I came over to to get away from that shirt!:p:o and the other one is very bright also!But he still looks cute even in that swirly blue and white thing ;) yeah RF,where are you?

Nina
01-14-2003, 04:48 PM
I don't think that t-shirt is so bad, maybe it's because Roger looks good in anything ;)

is Miroslava there btw?

TennisHack
01-14-2003, 06:23 PM
:wavey: Hi, Mrs. B! You are quite welcome for the updates :) Today is another fully day for me, as all of my players except for Gasquet are in the second round. Michel is playing on a Show Court and I can't wait :bounce::bounce::bounce: Images :drool: LOL.

I'm glad you've been having fun :) Real Roland Garros nets :eek::eek: *jealous*

I've never heard of beach tennis. Did you enjoy it?

It's going to be great having you back!! I hope you've had a wonderful vacation thus far :)

No, Mirka did not design this shirt, someone at Nike did. Carlos Moya wore it last week in Sydney, and it was hideous on him as well.

James Blake debuted the sleeveless shirt during his first round match! He has nice arms :)

Lily
01-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Thanks TH for all the pics!!! :D :)

When ESPN showed Rogi for a minute last night, i thought, oh, thats different! :D He does look like a cloud out there. swirling and twirling. i have to go w Nina tho, he could wear anything and still look good :)

They showed Guga's tie-brk. He's looking real good. His game and his new blue&white outfit. And they showed a sec of Marat who was also wearing blue. They must have all gotten together and decided that blue would be the new color. :D And they showed James. Its nice to see someone taking Tommy's place w the sleeveless shirt.

Hi Mrs. B!!! :) glad you're having a great time on the island, in spite of bad weather and that you're able to play some tennis.
And like you said, good to see Rogi making it thru the 1st rd!! Paradorn plays Mark later on tonight. I wish we were able to see that, but they are showing the AA v Lee match. Hope Lee will be able to surprise everyone.

Talk to you soon, Mrs. B :)

Where is RF???

Mrs. B
01-16-2003, 06:08 AM
Hello again!

Can't help but sneak in despite the slow connections, i need my updates esp. with the AO going on and stuff. Heard that Krati lost and that Gagliardi won over Mikaelian...and good to see Rogi taking that 2nd round with ease...HOPP, ROGI, HOPP!!!!! I really miss being around here guys, and followign all the matches closely and being one of the cheerleaders. Still very much in the island state of mind, but missing the tennis like hell...:(

Yesterday we went sailing, it was superb, we had really good wind and we were cruisin', a freaky thing happened, we hit this huge squid with one of the outriggers and his ink flew all over hubby's thigh! Should have gone back to retrieve it, maybe grill it on the beach or something, but we were speeding away.

I'm making pasta tonight, with some salad, and i bought red wine and a couple of beers. Also made some fruit salad for dessert. As we're leaving on Saturday and since my birthday is Sunday, i reckon tonight's a good night to do it. Then i can chill out tomorrow, being our last day. Gosh, we've been here on this island 3 weeks and time flies!

ok, i'll check the results at the official site so talk to you all later.
Ciao!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

TennisHack
01-16-2003, 06:47 PM

LOL, you just can't stay away, can you? ;)

:eek::eek: at the freaky squid thing! Is the ink really purple, or is that just another myth perpetuated through childrens books?

Your meal sounds yummy :lick: I'm sorry I haven't been updating the results here as well as I was at the beginning of the week, but I've been thrown back into schoolwork and barely have time to follow the matches :( I have, however, started a thread in the Juanqui forum for the netcam pics from his matches, since all have been on showcourts thus far :D I guess the Aussies like him, no Court 7 for him!! Or Rogi, for that matter :D Although Rogi & Yves' doubles match is on Court 21 this afternoon.

We miss you cheering for your guys and girls, too!! and I could probably speak for everyone when I say we're looking forward to your return! :bounce::bounce::bounce: ILR says I'm Rogi's good luck charm (at the moment), but I'm sure he wouldn't mind another voice ;) Kimeke is also blowing through her draw, and she earned her first double bagel of the year last night in 33 minutes :eek: She is really playing strongly :)

Enjoy your last few days of vacation! Do you have a nice tan? ;)

RogiFan
01-18-2003, 07:55 PM
:D Hi Mrs. B.!

Just anticipating your return to the land of Rogi! And seeing as it's your birthday on Sunday (tomorrow), here's a little treat for you from the best bakery in town:

http://www.dufflet.com/pastries/IMAGES/PROD/im_triplemousse.gif

Enjoy this TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE: Black and white cake surrounds velvety milk, dark and white chocolate mousses; dusted with fine cocoa powder.

You're not an Aquarian are you -- no, probably Capricorn, right? [my day is next Sat!]

ENJOY!:bounce:

RogiFan
01-18-2003, 07:57 PM
:) and if that's not enough, try this PASSION FRUIT MOUSSE CAKE

http://www.dufflet.com/pastries/images/prod/im_passion_fruit_mouse.jpg

RogiFan
01-18-2003, 07:59 PM
:D I also recommend this STRAWBERRY/LEMON MOUSSE CAKE -- it's light and fruity!!

http://www.dufflet.com/pastries/images/prod/pd_psig6.gif

TennisHack
01-19-2003, 07:02 PM

I guess you're back in Swissland now. I hope you had a good trip back and have gotten a chance to just chill before throwing yourself back into life in the freezing cold winter (goodness knows I'm doing the same thing, it's -9C with a windchill of -17C :eek: ).

I also wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! :)

Hope to see you again soon! :)

Mrs. B
01-21-2003, 01:27 AM
Oh no! Roger lost in five sets to Nalby!!!! :( :( :(

Hubby flew back to Bern last night, am back in Cebu and he texted me from Singapore that Rogi lost. That must have been one tough match and Nalby IS a tough cookie. Still, he was in the last 16, so i don't feel so bad, also because i have not been following the tournament so closely as much as i wanted to.

Thanks for the cake, RF, they look yummy. Spent my birthday in Cebu and we went to a Japanese restaurant. The tuna sashimi was really super fresh! Also had miso soup, sushi, tempura, the whole works...:lick: :lick: :lick:

Well, i'm still here in the tropics and i do have a gorgeous tan, :D those 3 weeks in Boracay playing tennis and frisbee and sailing and swimming really did the trick. :) But hubby has to go back to work, hence, he already had to fly out yesterday. I'm scheduled to leave in two weeks time but i might just extend it till the end of February, i'll see how it goes, it's still freezing in Switzerland, i reckon, whereas i can still enjoy the warm weather here, as well as spend time with my family and old friends. But i do miss my atpworld, and i miss watching tennis. Yesterday i saw some matches (delayed), Blake losing our to Schuttler, the last 3 games of Shughnessy's match against Bovina, and the other day parts of Lindsay & Henin's match. That was really awesome. Heard that hewitt lost to the El A. :eek: Well, the good thing about being back in Cebu is that i have access to tv and i'm here now at an internet cafe in a shopping mall and the connection seems to be okey. I just purchased a boat ticket and am leaving tonight to return to my hometown in northern Mindanao, which is about 10 hours boat ride. Wish i had a map or something to show you my whereabouts, but it's not so important. But thanks for updating me here (as usual) and i'll try to follow more tennis today, even if it's not live...Well, good luck to the players...and i'm still mighty proud of our Rogi for making it to the 4th round and fighting like a warrior. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ciao everone! Talk to you soon.

TennisHack
01-21-2003, 01:32 AM

Oh, I thought you were going back as well, but that's cool that you get to extend your vacation time :D and still spend a bit of time with us.

Yes, the big news is of course that Vowel Man defeated Potatoman, followed closely by the fact that Roddick defeated Misha. People are literally creaming their pants over that one :rolleyes: but VM can take him :D

Juanqui has the night match on Rod Laver tonight, so it's the first one I'm not going to be able to follow but I'm sure he'll do well :)

I hope you had a lovely birthday :) Speaking of food, I'm letting Lindt chocolate truffles melt in my mouth as we speak :lick: They are so yummy that I might make myself sick :o

Have fun with the family! :wavey:

See you soon! :)

TennisHack
01-21-2003, 01:46 AM
Oh, and LMAO, ILR & I came up with a new nickname for the players -- our Swissies :) I think we're going to debut it during Davis Cup.

I was of course fired after Rogi's loss last night, but ILR promised to rehire me for DC :) Which is perfect cause I'd already be cheering for them anyway, so maybe my magical luck could extend to the whole team ;)

Mrs. B
01-21-2003, 02:19 AM
lol Like that name, Swissies...and you ARE a part of the Swiss team. :)

hehe, this is such a novelty, being here longer than i thought, and now i can go malling, the doors just opened...i think i'll look for a croissant somewhere, just had my coffee...

Doris Loeffel
01-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Good to hear you're having fun Mrs. B.

Well enjoy it as long as you can - "normal" live will be back soon enough.

would you mind to pass me a "gipfeli" too?? ;)

ILR
01-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by TennisHack
Oh, and LMAO, ILR & I came up with a new nickname for the players -- our Swissies :) I think we're going to debut it during Davis Cup.

I was of course fired after Rogi's loss last night, but ILR promised to rehire me for DC :) Which is perfect cause I'd already be cheering for them anyway, so maybe my magical luck could extend to the whole team ;)

Hi Mrs.B :wavey:

thanks for your email :D lol Hackie,you came up with the name really,I just liked it ;)And of course you are re-hired for DC ;)

TennisHack
01-24-2003, 08:46 PM

I am especially jealous of your weather right now, Mrs. B. Both yesterday and today its been really fucking cold, -14C with a wind chill of -26 :( I can picture you lazing around on the island somewhere, continuing to work on your great tan and be a beach bunny in January :D I hope you're having fun :)

LMAO, don't you just love it when we volunteer you to be our Swissies liason? I was having a discussion in my Michel fan club and Micha's mental weaknesses, and the person there told me that I should tell you to hurry back and tell Michel to hire me as his counselor! :eek: LOL, I'm flattered that this person thinks I'm a good counselor :o:angel: but don't think Michel would be too open to the idea.

I posted this in the Juanqui thread and ILR and RF decided they wanted jobs close to Rogi (gee, I wonder why) and were fighting over who got to do what (undress him?!) :D So if you want to get in on the action, best claim your 'job' now :D

Will you be back to cheer with us for Davis Cup? It's going to be so much fun! :bounce::bounce::bounce: I can hardly wait :)

Hope to hear from you soon! :wavey:

RogiFan
01-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Hey I just thought of something else I can do for Rogi: be his private language tutor in Spanish -- a language I think he should learn considering all those Spanish-speaking guys on the tour! He's pretty gifted in that department [as in many others] and another language wouldn't be too hard for him -- it could be very useful to spy on Latinos' conversations... esp. those Argies!! ;)

ILR
01-24-2003, 09:53 PM
werent arguing :o were we RF?:p we'll save Mrs.B a job ;) but not personal dresser or undresser :p

RogiFan
01-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by IluvRogi
werent arguing :o were we RF?:p we'll save Mrs.B a job ;) but not personal dresser or undresser :p

who us? nah!!

now what job could Mrs. B. have then? she could cook for him! all those tasty treats!

we can keep our usual jobs then...

ILR
01-24-2003, 10:32 PM
sure we can keep our usual jobs ;) Rogi would love Mrs.B's food :):) Shes a great cook :D

Mrs. B
01-26-2003, 06:32 AM
Hi guys!

Yes, i can be Rogi's part time cook, but only with Asian dishes...;)

Watched the finals and inasmuch as i wanted Shuttler to win, Agassi was too strong and played really well today. Darn, it should have been Rogi on the finals/or Juanqui, then it would have been a better match!

I'm back in my hometown and have played tennis twice, i looked up an old girlfriend but she hasn't played in ages, still, it was good to hit balls with her. Also today i went back and there were my old tennis colleagues and it was good to see them. It was really hot and humid today, but i'm getting homesick for Bern. I miss my hubby. :( He texted me yesterday and he's skiing up in the mountains...

Still, it's good to hang out with my family. Yesterday i made paella for everyone and they loved it. That's the great thing being here, you really get loads of fresh seafood. You can even get a decent bottle of red wine! :D And i still got loads of Swiss chocolates for my dessert. :)

Not much to talk about really, unless you want to hear about me giving 2 dogs and 2 puppies a bath today! :)

I hope i'm back in Bern before the DC match begins. And Hackie, the counselling for Micha is not a bad idea...that's what he prolly needs. ;)

Ciao everyone!!! :wavey: see u later!

RogiFan
01-26-2003, 03:26 PM
:D Hi Mrs. B.!

Great to hear from you again! Yeah, Asian dishes for Rogi, the best! What a coincidence! I made paella yesterday too, w my Dad, and it turned out quite well, very tasty. It's my annual Spanish feast that I make only on my b'day. We make it w chicken, shrimp, clams, squid and mussels. Muy sabrosa la paella!! I dedicated it to Spain and the Spanish DC team -- ole!! For dessert we all demolished a mocha cake!!

We miss you, come back soon to cheer on the Swissies!! ;)

TennisHack
01-26-2003, 05:05 PM
:wavey: Hi, Mrs. B!

Good to know you're having fun with your family :)

The AO final was a blowout and I'm rather glad I didn't watch it. I'm sure we're never going to hear the end of it :rolleyes: on ESPN. Oh, well, we'll find a way to deal I'm sure . . .

We miss you a lot!! It will be wonderful to have you back for our Davis Cup cheering squad :):) And, of course, back in your hubby's loving arms in Switzerland -- freshly tanned and all :D

Slowly but surely its warming up here, but snow has been falling lightly since I've been awake and it's just been wonderful :) I love the new snow, makes everything look perfect *sigh* Then people begin to tramp in it and ruin the effect. Oh, well.

Mrs. B
01-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Am back brieftly, just wanted to wish Rogi Fan a belated birthday! Of course i forgot about it...:) am still in my holiday state of mind, right?

Am looking forward to being back in Bern, in front of our own pc then i could really chat with you all again...:)

gotta go, am chatting with hubby on yahoo...:) CIAO!!! :wavey:

TennisHack
01-27-2003, 02:31 PM

Just wanted to stop in for a weather report -- boy was I wrong. It was -12F (about -23C, I think, the weather page is down now :rolleyes: ) when I woke up just a bit ago. -12F!!!! When is it time to say, let's not make these kids tramp through 6 inches of snow for almost a mile to get to class?!?!?!?! I'd kill for some of that fine island weather right about now . . .

Anyway, good to hear from you again! :)

TennisHack
02-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Horrible news today.

As you may or may not have heard, the space shuttle Columbia exploded upon reentering the Earth's atmosphere and preparing to land. It was scheduled to land at 9:16 am in Florida, but NASA lost communication with the shuttle 10 minutes before landing. At the same time, eyewitnesses in Texas were reporting a sonic boom sound and seeing something streaking across the sky.

New York Times coverage (http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2003/02/01/national/nationalspecial/index.html)

Always informative MetaFilter (http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/23246), with the fastest news updates available. Also some tacky speculation, but mostly on course.

Though I don't know anyone who was involved or who saw debris littered over their lawns in Texas, it's still a huge tragedy and eeriely similar to the Challenger explosion 17 years ago (which happened last week, no less).

Lee
02-03-2003, 03:00 AM
Hi Mrs. B! :wavey:

Haven't post here for quite awhile! Just let you know that I just past 3000 posts.

See you soon! :wavey:

TennisHack
02-03-2003, 04:35 AM

I'm looking forward to your return to Bern! Davis Cup is this weekend and we're already trying to gather the cheering squad for our Swissies :)

Also, there is a new intallment in the story (after almost a month).

RogiFan
02-06-2003, 02:49 AM
:) Hi Mrs. B.!

Missing you! I guess you haven't had the chance to check our many posts lately... DC is looming!

Saw on the Swiss news sth about an avalanche in Valais... there was one in B.C. also on Feb. 1... so many disasters since the Chinese New Year...

Doris Loeffel
02-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Welcome back home Mrs. B!!!

Have fun with the snow now that you had fun with the sand ;)

TennisHack
02-06-2003, 02:08 PM

So nice to have you back!! :bounce: Just in time for the Swissies :)

I second Doris's comment -- hope you had fun in the sun! :)

Lee
02-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Hi Mrs. B! Welcome back! :wavey:

I hope you enjoy the snow again after all those sun and return to you normal schedule soon. So Mr. B is a very happy guy now! :D :D

ILR
02-06-2003, 06:34 PM
:D Hi again!Cant wait to have you back for good on here a lot like you used to be :) just glad you had such a wonderful time :)

Layla
02-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Welcome back Mrs. B! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We've missed you so much! Sounds like you had a fabulous time. :D

Now things can get back to normal on this board as well. ;)

Mrs. B
02-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Hey Guys! :wavey:

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's really like coming back home here. Had a fab time alright, but i did miss coming here on a regular basis, gosh, those islands connections took forever and a day!

I slept the afternoon away, these long haul flights can be so tiring, great to see snow in Zürich and the train ride back to Bern was beautiful...and happy to be back in hubby's loving arms. ;)

Lemme just get rid of my jetlag and i'm back to normal, the Swiss boys need some cheering tomorrow. You betcha i'll be around! :D

TennisHack
02-07-2003, 02:38 AM

I figured it'd take a day or so for you to get back into action (jetlag & husbands can drive one to distraction ;)) but it will be wonderful to have our resident cheering squad captain around. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be awake for Michel's match (I think it will start at 6 am for me :() so you guys will have to do some extra cheering! If he wins at all, I'll change my avatar -- I don't go back on my word ;) Unfortunately I, like RF, also probably won't be around during the day but I'll make up for it over the weekend -- that's another promise ;)

I can't wait for it to start! :bounce:

The snow from which I posted pictures was washed away by the rain a few days ago, and on my way back from class tonight I noted with some pleasure that the cycle has started all over again :) A new layer of snow and it was still flurrying its little heart out, so hopefully there will be even more tomorrow morning. :)

RogiFan
02-07-2003, 02:45 AM
:) Mrs. B.!

I won't even have time to check the results tomorrow morning before I'm off again!!!:mad:

I will check the Rogi's DC thread when I get home in the pm [about 8 or 9pm for you guys]!!
;)

ILR
02-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Mrs.B is back :D

and nice to know you had a good time and you missed us!awww we all missed you too!I wont be here tomorrow either but I may be in the afternoon,hope to catch you sometime though!:)

Lee
02-08-2003, 02:45 AM
Hi Mrs. B! Hope all your jet lags are gone!

I listened to Rogi's interview after his DC match and realized this is the first time I hear his voice. I can't imagine how I hang out with a bunch of Rogi fans and never hear any of his interviews. It really surprise me that he almost has no accent in his English! His voice is very sexy too!

RogiFan
02-08-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Lee
Hi Mrs. B! Hope all your jet lags are gone!

I listened to Rogi's interview after his DC match and realized this is the first time I hear his voice. I can't imagine how I hang out with a bunch of Rogi fans and never hear any of his interviews. It really surprise me that he almost has no accent in his English! His voice is very sexy too!

Didn't you see him and Juanqui's clips during the Shanghai match? He does have a pretty sexy voice, Lee! His English is very good -- you should hear his French -- oh-la-la!!! And his Swiss German AND his German! He's one talented guy, is our Rogi! Yeah, I love his voice!! He has a very friendly, warm voice, welcoming and a little soft. :angel: :drool:

BTW, was it on the DC site that you heard him??

Lee
02-08-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by RogiFan
BTW, was it on the DC site that you heard him??

Yes!

You probably need to lead me to sites where there are interviews of Rogi in French, etc. etc since I know neither French (counting from 1 - 100 don't count I guess) nor German.

RogiFan
02-08-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Lee
Yes!

You probably need to lead me to sites where there are interviews of Rogi in French, etc. etc since I know neither French (counting from 1 - 100 don't count I guess) nor German.

I have heard Rogi's French on the Swiss news on TV [from TV5] but not on the net anywhere! As for his German, he was interviewed in Gstaad and maybe Halle too. Don't know if there's still the interviews. Have to check for you. Also he does some stuff for Nike in Eng, Swiss German and German.

;) I like his voice! It's cute, like him!! ;)

Juanqui has a low voice for his face!!

Vera
02-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Mrs B. :wavey:

Did you get over your jetlag yet? Still haven't get a chance to talk to you since you're back, so just come by to say hi :).

Mrs. B
02-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Hi Vera! :wavey:

I think as of today my groove is back, so i hope to chat with you pretty soon. :)

*i see Doris* Hi!!!!! :)

Doris Loeffel
02-12-2003, 07:53 AM
guete morge Mrs. B!!!

Mrs. B
02-12-2003, 08:00 AM
Sali, Du!!!!!! :D

does Burgdorf have the same "gruusig" gray sky like Bern this morning?

Doris Loeffel
02-12-2003, 08:15 AM
no viu gruuusiger ;)

And it's pretty freezing too!!

Mrs. B
02-12-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Doris Loeffel
no viu gruuusiger ;)

And it's pretty freezing too!!

no kidding. here's minus 2 Grad! and i have to go to the Stadt...

catch u later. übrigens, ae schoene... ;)