What was Gaston thinking? Take a look [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What was Gaston thinking? Take a look

RickDaStick
03-30-2005, 02:56 AM
http://artsweb.uwaterloo.ca/~jdu/files/crappy%20tweener.wmv He had an easy forehand winner but decides he wants to do something special and really screws it up. This was in the 2nd set while he was only a break behind.

joseluismb
03-30-2005, 02:59 AM
I'm telling you, Andre said later it was stupid to make that shot in such situation, and Gaudio said that he "made it cuz he wanted to, if you make it they say 'you're a star', if you miss it 'you are a jerk'"

Both of them are right IMO

Thanks for the video ;)

Hendu
03-30-2005, 03:03 AM
thats Gaudio, take it or leave it.

He did the same thing in the AO against Hrbaty and won the point.

It might not be the most effective play... but I like it anyway :shrug:

NATAS81
03-30-2005, 03:05 AM
Isn't there like 5 threads on this now???

WyveN
03-30-2005, 03:06 AM
"If I lose this set my next set is on a clay court"

tennischick
03-30-2005, 03:08 AM
i liked Cliffy's comment afterwards: "come on! that's why you get the big bucks!" :eek:

talk about a stupid decision at a stupid time. :(

Chloe le Bopper
03-30-2005, 03:09 AM
U of W sucks :angel:

Lee
03-30-2005, 03:10 AM
U of W sucks :angel:

I didn't notice where the link comes from. UW is getting worse and worse :p

Chloe le Bopper
03-30-2005, 03:11 AM
I didn't notice where the link comes from. UW is getting worse and worse :p
Actually, they got number 1 back in the MacLeans ranking this year :o But sshhhhh :D

Lee
03-30-2005, 03:15 AM
Actually, they got number 1 back in the MacLeans ranking this year :o But sshhhhh :D

You're kidding me :rolleyes: But I never agree with MacLeans' lists :p

Chloe le Bopper
03-30-2005, 03:17 AM
You're kidding me :rolleyes: But I never agree with MacLeans' lists :p
Well, it is a good school you know :p I just make fun of it because.. you know :angel:

Lee
03-30-2005, 03:23 AM
Well, it is a good school you know :p I just make fun of it because.. you know :angel:

It's good, but not the best, IMO! I had worked under a few graduates from that school many, many years ago.

Denaon
03-30-2005, 03:27 AM
It was a silly shot, but that's just how Gaston is.. As he said, he did it because he wanted to do it, and that is cause he really wants to enjoy while he plays, stupid but if it turned good, very entertaining!

ugotlobbed
03-30-2005, 03:28 AM
yea there are ppl that take risks and some dont....like that commercial....the boss ass kiss doll or the sissyboy doll

jackieglover
03-30-2005, 03:31 AM
yea there are ppl that take risks and some dont....like that commercial....the boss ass kiss doll or the sissyboy doll

"The Wuss", "The Suck-up" and "Mama's boy" :lol:

Those commercials are hilarious

Chloe le Bopper
03-30-2005, 04:06 AM
It's good, but not the best, IMO! I had worked under a few graduates from that school many, many years ago.
Well, nobody said they were number 1 in the Doctoral Category ;) Just in the comprehensive category which puts emphasis on everything at all levels.

Yonge
03-30-2005, 04:42 AM
Well, nobody said they were number 1 in the Doctoral Category ;) Just in the comprehensive category which puts emphasis on everything at all levels.

I sense someone from U of T.... :bigwave:

ae wowww
03-30-2005, 08:08 AM
I would've been embarassed more than anything-although I've made similar mistakes... looks like he was unstable before he even went for it anyway... Great to see Andre at the net :D:lol:

Rex
03-30-2005, 08:15 AM
he is a good player- he is great- BUT its like anything, judgement plays the biggest part...................

Auscon
03-30-2005, 08:56 AM
he did the same shot against Nalbandian at Kooyong this year, and pulled it off to win the point

guess he wanted to have another crack at it

boliviana
03-30-2005, 02:58 PM
he is a classless boob . . . it really is that simple.

Action Jackson
03-30-2005, 03:04 PM
he is a classless boob . . . it really is that simple.

One with a Roland Garros title.

erik-the-red
03-30-2005, 03:13 PM
i liked Cliffy's comment afterwards: "come on! that's why you get the big bucks!" :eek:

talk about a stupid decision at a stupid time. :(

If I recall correctly, Cliff made that comment after P. Mac said "I have no idea why he did that shot." :devil:

sigmagirl91
03-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh, God......another one? That's why we learn to read. This has already been discussed.

boliviana
03-31-2005, 12:56 AM
One with a Roland Garros title.

A GS title has nothing to do with class . . . he ain't got none. I hate watching him play. It's painful for me. I don't like him. Don't particularly like Roddick . . . I like smart tennis . . . good strategy . . .

I take nothing away from Gaudio's win at RG (as sad a day as it was for me) but it doesn't mean I have to like him. Free country and all that . . .

Chloe le Bopper
03-31-2005, 01:06 AM
I sense someone from U of T.... :bigwave:

No :p Why, does U of T hate Waterloo too? :angel:

Action Jackson
03-31-2005, 06:43 AM
A GS title has nothing to do with class . . . he ain't got none. I hate watching him play. It's painful for me. I don't like him. Don't particularly like Roddick . . . I like smart tennis . . . good strategy . . .

Class is trying to hook on line calls and fake injuries, that's cool. So you like Gonzalez then if you like tennis strategy.

I take nothing away from Gaudio's win at RG (as sad a day as it was for me) but it doesn't mean I have to like him. Free country and all that . . .

You are funny aren't you? You called him a classless boob didn't you? I replied yes one with a GS title. This clearly shows I don't care whether you like him or not and that's your choice, if you want to make comments like that, it doesn't people won't comment on them. Free country and all that . . .

boliviana
03-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Get over yourself.

I have not seen Gaudio carry himself well . . . with poise or with composure. There's something to be said for decorum. I wasn't a big fan of his before Houston and he certainly didn't win me over then. His behavior was deplorable. He should have been fined for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Action Jackson
03-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Get over yourself.

I have not seen Gaudio carry himself well . . . with poise or with composure. There's something to be said for decorum. I wasn't a big fan of his before Houston and he certainly didn't win me over then. His behavior was deplorable. He should have been fined for unsportsmanlike conduct.

You need to get over yourself. Wow I have seen players fake injuries and do questionable things on court and yes Muster is an example of someone I liked who could be a pig on court. It doesn't matter whether you are a fan or not, you are the one that seems to have a problem.

As for being fined, why did you have money on the event?

Just remember free country and all that mantra that you love.

joske
03-31-2005, 12:52 PM
:haha: whatthe.. :lol:

Action Jackson
03-31-2005, 12:54 PM
:haha: whatthe.. :lol:

Yes, it was very funny.

boliviana
03-31-2005, 02:10 PM
You need to get over yourself. Wow I have seen players fake injuries and do questionable things on court and yes Muster is an example of someone I liked who could be a pig on court. It doesn't matter whether you are a fan or not, you are the one that seems to have a problem.

As for being fined, why did you have money on the event?

Just remember free country and all that mantra that you love.

If you can't make your argument stand on it's own two feet without bringing up other players then your argument must be pretty weak . . .

so WTF back to you . . .

Yonge
03-31-2005, 03:10 PM
No :p Why, does U of T hate Waterloo too? :angel:

:lol: Is there a school does U of T doesn't hate (and vice-versa)? :devil:

tangerine_dream
03-31-2005, 04:09 PM
That was the funniest, dumbest thing I've ever seen a top ten player try to do. Talk about brainless. Wow. Andre must've died inside laughing.

Gaudio, hurry up and get to RG you fool. :lol:

TennisMan85
03-31-2005, 04:37 PM
He is a good player.. I like him since the RG04 in the first round.. he simply play class tennis.. forehand winner and very beautiful backhand... now, he like to volley now.. even best..

jbone_14
03-31-2005, 08:55 PM
I cant believe McEnroe said that it was unprofessional of him to make that shot. He is obviously out there trying to have fun because that is what makes you enjoy the game.