I'm sorry! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I'm sorry!

ae wowww
03-29-2005, 07:19 AM
Apologising in advance-because this is a Roger thread. I just was looking at Fee's write up of the results-how he beat Zabaleta when playing badly, and surely its got to the point where, sure, he racked up some huge wins:but now, any ATP player goes into the match immediately thinking he's lost. And even if he doesn't do that, as soon as he achieves a break, say 2-0 and serving... he can't believe it, and changes his game, his mentality changes with it all.
It is unavoidable, but this kind of mental (not literally) activity happens at all levels of tennis.

Roger-No.1
03-29-2005, 07:25 AM
Read here:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=32281

Basically, Roger could've served for the match at 5-3 in the second set, blew it, Mariano played good tennis, won 4 consecutive games and the second set.

4-3 in the third and Federer breaks with a great lob, I think, serves for the match and wins.

And yes, definitely. In tennis, you need to be strong mentally.

ae wowww
03-29-2005, 08:30 AM
I didn't mean just in this match-its just it was the most recent and available example. I think it could be a factor in his winning streak. It is a foregone conclusion before it has even started.

Roger-No.1
03-29-2005, 08:48 AM
I think it could be a factor in his winning streak. It is a foregone conclusion before it has even started.
Definitely ae wowww. That and of course, the fact he's an excellent tennis player.

And if you're No. 2, top 10, top 25, etc. it's because you're not top 200. You don't play like a top 200 player.

It's because you play better tennis. You don't win matches with foregone conclusions. They may play a role in some players, but you have to win the match. Good forehand, good serve, good backhand, good strategy, etc.

ae wowww
03-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Definitely ae wowww. That and of course, the fact he's an excellent tennis player.

And if you're No. 2, top 10, top 25, etc. it's because you're not top 200. You don't play like a top 200 player.

It's because you play better tennis. You don't win matches with foregone conclusions. They may play a role in some players, but you have to win the match. Good forehand, good serve, good backhand, good strategy, etc.

For sure man, I don't deny that :yeah: