They should rename ESPN to Sharapova Unlimited. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

They should rename ESPN to Sharapova Unlimited.

Scotso
03-29-2005, 02:53 AM
I think I have seen every match that girl has ever played :rolleyes:

So they either show the Americans, or perve over girls they think are hot.

RogiFan88
03-29-2005, 02:56 AM
how about sharapova ovaload?

Roger-No.1
03-29-2005, 02:58 AM
:lol:

Sharapova is American too, isn't she?

A Sharapova fan out there?

jole
03-29-2005, 02:59 AM
All I can say is I am glad to be able to finally see some Gaston on TV again. I think he will be playing better here than he was in Houston.

alfonsojose
03-29-2005, 03:04 AM
Eating Sharapova's Pussy Now

PaulieM
03-29-2005, 03:09 AM
they show her way more than lindsay davenport and venus williams combined and they are both american, heck you could throw in the coverage of a couple of other americans and the total would still be less than sharapova time. i guess they have to cater to all the people that want to see skinny blond chicks. :rolleyes:

Scotso
03-29-2005, 03:12 AM

Chloe le Bopper
03-29-2005, 03:28 AM
You frighten me :scared:

Anyways, ESPN's coverage blows. This is nothing new. I hardly even bother to watch even if I know that matches are on TV. I can't be bothered to sit through an hour of a match I don't care about with players that I'd rather not watch in the hopes of seeing a score flash on court 600 where I'd like to be :p I wish that TSN would carry the same feed that they carry during the clay masters series for all of the AMS. Oh well.

Scotso
03-29-2005, 03:31 AM
how about sharapova ovaload?

that's clever, btw... it just dawned on me :rolleyes: lol

uNIVERSE mAN
03-29-2005, 03:31 AM
Tomorrow's sched I believe is Sharapova, Agassi and Williams.

*Viva Chile*
03-29-2005, 03:34 AM
More Sharapova... More ratings... More sponsors... More $$$$$$

Do you understand? :angel:

Scotso
03-29-2005, 03:40 AM
I never said I didn't understand. Just because it makes sense does not mean I have to like it.

ys
03-29-2005, 03:42 AM
What do you think they should show instead of Maria? Some nadal-shmadal? She is the Wimbledon champion.

PaulieM
03-29-2005, 03:54 AM
What do you think they should show instead of Maria? Some nadal-shmadal? She is the Wimbledon champion.
she was also not the only person to win a slam last year, but still gets WAY more focus than everybody else.

gravity
03-29-2005, 04:01 AM
At least Maria can play. I remember Kournikova could barely serve the ball over the net twice a set and she was still playing all the televised feature matches.

NATAS81
03-29-2005, 04:10 AM
It's not a Sharapova match until the commentators bring up her move to America at an early age.

liptea
03-29-2005, 04:18 AM
:rolleyes:

Although, in ESPN's (slim) defense, they did NOT show Dementieva vs. Golovin. If I was a guy in the ESPN studio, I'd be salivating about that match in more ways than one.

NATAS81
03-29-2005, 04:20 AM
They don't focus on 'hot' girls. They focus on matches with a #1 or #1 on the way back. Or an American background.

PaulieM
03-29-2005, 04:20 AM
It's not a Sharapova match until the commentators bring up her move to America at an early age.
they do tell that story as if their lives depended on it.

NATAS81
03-29-2005, 04:22 AM
I'm sure it's somewhere in the script, or in their contract.

jmp
03-29-2005, 07:49 AM
The movie Simone was on the TV this weekend. I thought about the fake article Wertheim did soon after that and then lo and behold we get Maria! ;)

All the world loves you, Maria! We blow your signature after victory kiss right back atcha! :kiss:

I mean, Mary Jo, she really is a teen sensation. Do you know anyone in the history of the game that has ever played as well as she does and is as beautiful? She's only 17. What a bright future this young lady has. She was picked by Blah Blah magazine as one of the teens who would change the world and she really has. Don't you think Mary Jo? There's her father and coach....She was also coached by...who coached Lindsay Davenport. You can see that they have the same heavy ground strokes...She gave a car to charity, didn't she? What a great humanitarian. You won't see her mother at many of these matches because she gets sooo nervous for her little one when she plays. Well she's not that little, is she? She's 6' 2" and she may not be done growing yet. I don't know how she got so tall. Her parents aren't that tall. Speaking of her mother, wasn't it the cutest scene when she was trying to get her mother on the cell phone after she won Wimbledon? Her mom was in a plane coming to London to celebrate with her. hahaha It's just a wonderful Cinderella story. I can't stop telling it and I know the American people, the world, in fact, can't get enough of it. When she was very young, she and her dad walked here from Siberia and lived in a shanty in the remote village of Bradenton on the Gulf Coast of the wild untamed swamps of Florida...

Again, WE LOVE YOU MARIA! :hug:

NYCtennisfan
03-29-2005, 10:04 AM
All the world loves you, Maria! We blow your signature after victory kiss right back atcha!

I mean, Mary Jo, she really is a teen sensation. Do you know anyone in the history of the game that has ever played as well as she does and is as beautiful? She's only 17. What a bright future this young lady has. She was picked by Blah Blah magazine as one of the teens who would change the world and she really has. Don't you think Mary Jo? There's her father and coach....She was also coached by...who coached Lindsay Davenport. You can see that they have the same heavy ground strokes...She gave a car to charity, didn't she? What a great humanitarian. You won't see her mother at many of these matches because she gets sooo nervous for her little one when she plays. Well she's not that little, is she? She's 6' 2" and she may not be done growing yet. I don't know how she got so tall. Her parents aren't that tall. Speaking of her mother, wasn't it the cutest scene when she was trying to get her mother on the cell phone after she won Wimbledon? Her mom was in a plane coming to London to celebrate with her. hahaha It's just a wonderful Cinderella story. I can't stop telling it and I know the American people, the world, in fact, can't get enough of it. When she was very young, she and her dad walked here from Siberia and lived in a shanty in the remote village of Bradenton on the Gulf Coast of the wild untamed swamps of Florida...

Again, WE LOVE YOU MARIA!

LMFAO!!!!! As much as I hate to say it, get used to Maria folks. ESPN is gonna ride her (insert your obvious jokes here:) for all she's worth.

Speaking of Maria, does anyone else have a strong desire to punch her father and/or coach? Now that's a pair of a**holes if I ever saw some.

Blaze
03-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Even though I didn't agree with them showing in Sharapova match over the Dementieva match yesterday, tocay's lineup is very enticing.

It will be fun to see Henin-Hardenne vs Sharapova; Agassi vs Gaudio; and then the battle of the unwilling Williams. Even though I'm crushed I won't be able to see Federer playing, today's lineup is :drool:

PaulieM
03-29-2005, 02:46 PM
The movie Simone was on the TV this weekend. I thought about the fake article Wertheim did soon after that and then lo and behold we get Maria! ;)

All the world loves you, Maria! We blow your signature after victory kiss right back atcha! :kiss:

:tape: :haha:

Golfnduck
03-29-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm sick of seeing Sharpova. Her grunt is driving me up the wall.

PaulieM
03-29-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm sick of seeing Sharpova. Her grunt is driving me up the wall.
what you don't love the screeching :confused:

tennischick
03-29-2005, 03:05 PM
they do tell that story as if their lives depended on it.
at least they've stopped telling the lie about her clearing out of Russia bec of the Chernobyl disaster :lol:

Golfnduck
03-29-2005, 03:06 PM
what you don't love the screeching :confused:
God no. Even my dog Phoebe leaves the room when Sharpova is playing. The screeching is too high pitched for her ears.

Angle Queen
03-29-2005, 03:08 PM
On a side note, my mother-in-law...who knows absolutely nothing about tennis...insists that I remind her of Maria. You know, the one she always sees on TV. (About the only things we have in common are the first three letters of our first name...and long, stringy blond hair :rolleyes: ).

I haven't had the guts to tell her yet...I don't consider that a compliment.

But bless her heart, she's trying to understand my hobby...and for a MIL...that's pretty darn good. Just wish she got to see someone other than Sharapova.

the cat
03-29-2005, 05:13 PM
That was no lie TC. That was just misinformation created by IMG. ;)

MissMoJo
03-29-2005, 05:14 PM

I mean, Mary Jo, she really is a teen sensation. Do you know anyone in the history of the game that has ever played as well as she does and is as beautiful? She's only 17. What a bright future this young lady has. She was picked by Blah Blah magazine as one of the teens who would change the world and she really has. Don't you think Mary Jo? There's her father and coach....She was also coached by...who coached Lindsay Davenport. You can see that they have the same heavy ground strokes...She gave a car to charity, didn't she? What a great humanitarian. You won't see her mother at many of these matches because she gets sooo nervous for her little one when she plays. Well she's not that little, is she? She's 6' 2" and she may not be done growing yet. I don't know how she got so tall. Her parents aren't that tall. Speaking of her mother, wasn't it the cutest scene when she was trying to get her mother on the 'cell phone'; after she won Wimbledon? Her mom was in a plane coming to London to celebrate with her. hahaha It's just a wonderful Cinderella story. I can't stop telling it and I know the American people, the world, in fact, can't get enough of it. When she was very young, she and her dad walked here from Siberia and lived in a shanty in the remote village of Bradenton on the Gulf Coast of the wild untamed swamps of Florida...

New addition by Cliffy today: 'It's time we stop refering to Maria as part of the Russian contingent, because after all she is a special and individual person as to herself" :rolleyes: I guess he forgot about the other two russians who managed to win a slam last year, still that doesn't make them as special as Maria mother of God pray for us sinners :retard:

TeeJay
03-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ESPN an *American* TV station?

It'd be like complaining that Comcast (a Mid-Atlantic (US) station) doesn't show California college coverage... it just doesn't make all that much sense to me.

Jessica
03-29-2005, 06:04 PM
:haha:

jmp
03-29-2005, 06:18 PM
New addition by Cliffy today: 'It's time we stop refering to Maria as part of the Russian contingent, because after all she is a special and individual person as to herself" :rolleyes: I guess he forgot about the other two russians who managed to win a slam last year, still that doesn't make them as special as Maria mother of God pray for us sinners :retard:

Well MissMoJo, the Russians are here to stay. They won three of the four slams last year. But, the one Russian who has risen above all the rest is Maria Sharapova, current Wimbledon champ and #3 in in the world. What makes someone a star, MissMoJo? I think Maria has that intangible quality that sets her apart from everyone else. What's happened to her since winning Wimbledon is phenomenal. It must be like living a dream. I think she's the most popular female sports figure in the world today. Don't you think so, MissMoJo? :)

Chloe le Bopper
03-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Why do people even bother to turn on ESPN if they know Maria is playing, if they really can't stand to watch her? I don't. Aside from today when I watched three games with Henin to see how Henin looked.

liptea
03-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Wow, this is a sarcastic thread.

I think, personally, that they should put a Sharapova or random American match on and hype it like crazy, and then at the end, without a commercial break or interview, switch really fast to an actually good match like possibly Ivan/RAFA, which isn't going to be on ESPN (:mad: ), and say "well, if you thought that was good, check this out."

Because obviously, ESPN isn't going to change. And neither are we.

Black Adam
03-29-2005, 06:32 PM

Who is Mary-JO?:rolleyes:

P.S. I know who she is but as i have heard she is not the most liked among williams fans because of bashing williams sister's and talking hogwash like this :confused:

Space Cowgirl
03-29-2005, 06:41 PM
well, let's hope that Henin-Hardenne bounces the screecher out!

blosson
03-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Grunting?

SHUT-UP-POVA

Space Cowgirl
03-29-2005, 06:56 PM
wow, now that Sharapova has lost the second set, she's gone all quiet. Does she only screech when she's winning or something?

Chloe le Bopper
03-29-2005, 07:01 PM
wow, now that Sharapova has lost the second set, she's gone all quiet. Does she only screech when she's winning or something?
I'd like to say that I think her screeching is intended in part for intimidation... but I don't know... does she do it in practice? Because Rafa Nadal grunts like a dying animal in practice, so you can't say it about him.

msmsed
03-29-2005, 07:02 PM
well i dont mind watching hot gurls play :)

Turkeyballs Paco
03-29-2005, 07:03 PM
That is really annoying, and would be even more so if she wasn't at least in the top 10, but somehow I think they would still show her anyway if she wasn't. Can you imagine them handling, say, an especially great looking guy tennis player in the same way? Nope. That's what really bothers me. The women are for looking at, the men are all business, unless they are not from the US, that is. It sucks.

And what idiot thinks people will only relate to American tennis players? What does it matter which country the players are from? :rolleyes:

NATAS81
03-29-2005, 07:05 PM
If I wanted to watch hot girls "play" I'd order the Spice Channel. If I want to watch good, close tennis matches involving someone other than an American, then ESPN is not the way to go.

Chloe le Bopper
03-29-2005, 07:07 PM
That is really annoying, and would be even more so if she wasn't at least in the top 10, but somehow I think they would still show her anyway if she wasn't. Can you imagine them handling, say, an especially great looking guy tennis player in the same way? Nope. That's what really bothers me. The women are for looking at, the men are all business, unless they are not from the US, that is. It sucks.

And what idiot thinks people will only relate to American tennis players? What does it matter which country the players are from? :rolleyes:
To be fair, I think that at least some of the "Let's give James Blake another wildcard!" appeal comes from how he looks.

That said, it's not done to the same extent.

sigmagirl91
03-29-2005, 07:19 PM

Oh, goodness...give Cliffy a medal for the Most Insightful Comment Ever...or not....

Turkeyballs Paco
03-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, wildcards and tv coverage are 2 different things. Anyway, James Blake? I never really thought he was all that hot.

blosson
03-29-2005, 07:34 PM
shutuppova beats just-hanging-hard

PaulieM
03-29-2005, 07:49 PM
I think she's the most popular female sports figure in the world today. Don't you think so, MissMoJo? :)
:eek:

Scotso
03-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Vamos whoever-she-plays-next.

PaulieM
03-29-2005, 08:01 PM
whichever williams sister wins

tennischick
03-29-2005, 08:46 PM
That was no lie TC. That was just misinformation created by IMG. ;)meow :kiss:

what was the score in her match against Justine? if Justine had won that match i would have lost all respect for the WTA tour. first Serena comes back from a 7-month injury time off and beats up on everybody. then Clijsters does the same thing this year. if Justine had won today i would have been more embarrassed for Maria than when she swallowed the double bagel from Lindsay. ;)

Chloe le Bopper
03-29-2005, 08:50 PM
what was the score in her match against Justine? if Justine had won that match i would have lost all respect for the WTA tour. first Serena comes back from a 7-month injury time off and beats up on everybody. then Clijsters does the same thing this year. if Justine had won today i would have been more embarrassed for Maria than when she swallowed the double bagel from Lindsay. ;)

This is more or less what I said to somebody a little while ago. It's best for the tour that Justine doesn't walk back on to court after a 6 month layoff and beat the second best player this year. Well, third, if you want to put Lindsay over her, which I would make sense now that I think about it ;)

Still... I think Justine is better than Kim, so it's a little frustrating that Kim was able to do it and not Justine. But Justine already did it in Athens, so I guess I shouldn't be greedy for her :angel:

tennischick
03-29-2005, 08:54 PM
This is more or less what I said to somebody a little while ago. It's best for the tour that Justine doesn't walk back on to court after a 6 month layoff and beat the second best player this year. Well, third, if you want to put Lindsay over her, which I would make sense now that I think about it ;)

Still... I think Justine is better than Kim, so it's a little frustrating that Kim was able to do it and not Justine. But Justine already did it in Athens, so I guess I shouldn't be greedy for her :angel:
great minds...:worship:

i think that Maria has woken up since the double bageling. there's nothing like an experience like that to make you decide if you really have what it takes. i should know -- i felt the same way when a 10 year old boy double-bagelled my ass a couple of years ago :lol:

what was the scoreline?

Scotso
03-29-2005, 09:26 PM
whichever williams sister wins

Vamos whichever-Williams-sister-(hopefully-Venus)

PaulieM
03-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Vamos whichever-Williams-sister-(hopefully-Venus)
part of me wants venus to win because she hasn't beaten serena in so long but serena has a better chance of killing barbie again which i would just love to see. :D

Scotso
03-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Well I just like Venus better.

NATAS81
03-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Agreed.

The Russians will be put in check with the WTA talent crop back at full power.

flyingmachine
03-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Thank goodness we have Eurosports. :angel:

alfonsojose
03-29-2005, 11:16 PM
You frighten me :scared:

:hug: BTW, i found this and it reminded me u and MTF ;)
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=487&ncid=762&e=13&u=/ap/20050329/ap_en_ot/books_yale_is_sexy

the cat
03-29-2005, 11:39 PM
How many times does TC have to ask for the score of the Maria Sharapova/Justine Henin match before someone gives it to her? Two times I guess. ;) TC dear Sharapova d. Henin 6-1 6-7(6) 6-2. Maria served for the match at 6-1 5-4 40-love and choked it away. :eek: :o :mad: But the third set was never in doubt. But it's fair to say Maria struggles to close out matches against the top players. I hope she doesn't become a choke artist because that would take alot out of me. :bigcry: :banghead:

Becca, Masha has 2 titles this year to Davenport's 1. ;)

tennischick
03-29-2005, 11:52 PM
How many times does TC have to ask for the score of the Maria Sharapova/Justine Henin match before someone gives it to her?
it's not a big deal. i'm working on a presentation and was too lazy to look it up myself. thanks :kiss:

tennnisgirl7
03-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Becca, Masha has 2 titles this year to Davenport's 1.

Yea well you know what just to remind you davenport beat sharapova 6-0,6-0
in the Pacific Life Open. And no offense but i believe Davenport is the better player here.

the cat
03-30-2005, 12:27 AM
You're welcome TC. I was just kidding the other folks anyway. ;)

Hi Tennnisgirl7. :wavey: It's true Davenport drubbed Sharapova in the Indian Wells semifinal. But Sharapova beat Davenport in the Tokyo final and I ask you which is a bigger match the Indian Wells semifinal or the Tokyo final? I think it's the Tokyo final. And Davenport lost the Indian Wells final to Kim Clijsters. But I will admit it's very close as to who has been the better player this year between Davenport and Sharapova.

*Viva Chile*
03-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Justine :sad:

Ruski
03-30-2005, 02:40 AM
I really don't mind. Masha is currently one of the most marketable female athletes! ;)
I wish I have ESPN Tennis Coverage over here too! :(

Scotso
03-30-2005, 02:46 AM
Venus won.

Vamos Venus.

NATAS81
03-30-2005, 03:04 AM
Dent is poppin winners!!!!

tennischick
03-30-2005, 03:05 AM
Venus won.

Vamos Venus.
can't wait to see this match. this is a change. i still don't think she will win it all but it was nice of Serena to give her a shot at it. ;)

nkhera1
03-30-2005, 03:20 AM
Sharapova can't close out a match very well.

ugotlobbed
03-30-2005, 03:45 AM

rofl u owned espn just now

KTF
03-30-2005, 04:15 AM
Even i like sharapova ...however Justine Henin is way better than sharapova
when they playing st their best tennis,, ;)

tennischick
03-30-2005, 05:51 AM
i'm finally looking at Venus vs Serena. Venus looks awesome. :worship:

Serena looks as if she feels betrayed by the discovery that Venus has been secretly practicing without her. :lol: this is the best i have seen Venus play in years. :worship:

El Legenda
03-30-2005, 05:56 AM
i would watch ESPN all day if they should Maria and ANA Ivanovic standing in front of the camera..doing nothing...

jmp
03-30-2005, 09:54 AM
i'm finally looking at Venus vs Serena. Venus looks awesome. :worship:

Serena looks as if she feels betrayed by the discovery that Venus has been secretly practicing without her. :lol: this is the best i have seen Venus play in years. :worship:

:yeah: Me, too! I was hoping it would be a high quality affair and it was. Stay in form, Venus! :) Stay aggressive!

holagirl56
03-30-2005, 09:08 PM

Ummm, yeah. Have you ever noticed that when ESPN shows the random people in the stands they're all women with really low cut shirts?

I'm sure ESPN has a huge following at the All Men Prisons.

the cat
03-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Good posts NATAS81 and holagirl56. :) I haven't really noticed that hola as I'm concentrating on the tennis. :tennis: ;)

That's a great win for Venus of Serena. :D But can Venus play another fine match and beat Maria Sharapova who has had a day off to rest her sore back?

NATAS81
03-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Which post are you referring to? I know my expert opinions are fast and furious.

Also, good to see someone hailing from Odie the dog's homeland.

the cat
03-31-2005, 12:04 AM
Your Dent and ESPN post. ;)

Who hails from Odie the dog's homeland?

NATAS81
03-31-2005, 12:07 AM
I take it you never were really in tune with the Garfield cartoon series. :)

DHfan
03-31-2005, 11:36 AM
more like...

Endless Sharapova Pornographic Network

Scotso
03-31-2005, 04:37 PM

sierra91
03-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Eating Sharapova's Pussy Now :haha: :haha:

To be accurate, however, however, they should change the network's name to WWWESPN: Wish We Were ...

And, since Sharaprova's scream or grunt or whatever you'd call it can only serve as a reminder to all the ESPN bigwigs of their wives faking it in bed, you'd think they wouldn't show so many of her matches. :toothy:

holagirl56
03-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Good posts NATAS81 and holagirl56. :) I haven't really noticed that hola as I'm concentrating on the tennis. :tennis: ;)

That's a great win for Venus of Serena. :D But can Venus play another fine match and beat Maria Sharapova who has had a day off to rest her sore back?

Well, after about a few weeks of consecutive tennis, you start to notice. ;)

PaulieM
03-31-2005, 11:05 PM
i love how today during her match, when they did their little photo montage instead of using words like power, blah blah blah like they usually do they used one word... Hot :rolleyes:

tennischick
04-01-2005, 12:50 AM
say what the hell y'all want, Sharapova is the real deal :worship: :worship:

tennischick
04-01-2005, 12:56 AM
you couldn't pay for her fighting spirit. i don't care how many bagels she swallows, the WTA tour has every right to promote her.

Scotso
04-01-2005, 01:13 AM
:haha: :haha:

To be accurate, however, however, they should change the network's name to WWWESPN: Wish We Were ...

And, since Sharaprova's scream or grunt or whatever you'd call it can only serve as a reminder to all the ESPN bigwigs of their wives faking it in bed, you'd think they wouldn't show so many of her matches. :toothy:

they have that.... http://WWW.espn.com ;)

NYCtennisfan
04-01-2005, 01:41 AM
i don't care how many bagels she swallows, the WTA tour has every right to promote her.

So, so true. Sharapova is a like a big, wet dream for the WTA tour. Who culd ask for anything more? Well, maybe a less annoying dad and perhaps a coach who isn't a douchebag.

sierra91
04-01-2005, 01:52 AM
they have that.... http://WWW.espn.com ;)

:yeah:

Ads
04-01-2005, 02:26 AM
you couldn't pay for her fighting spirit. i don't care how many bagels she swallows, the WTA tour has every right to promote her.

very true so...
http://members.optusnet.com.au/lanemeyer/forum/forumpics/bitch.gif

bad gambler
04-01-2005, 03:54 AM
all you americans are lucky bastards

NATAS81
04-01-2005, 03:59 AM
How many matches have you seen from Miami 05?

bad gambler
04-01-2005, 05:40 AM
How many matches have you seen from Miami 05?

about 7

User ID 4783
04-01-2005, 05:50 AM
they should also rename Eurosport to Sharapova Unlimited :banghead:
I've seen three of her matches this week :(

jmp
04-01-2005, 11:51 AM

Thanks, BG. We sure feel lucky! ;)

Nikki♥
04-01-2005, 12:23 PM
An overdose of sweet Maria causes sugar shocks.

EternalFlame
04-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Eurosport is not different than ESPN. Besides we don't get anybody else. Only her. I enjoy watching her play though. But I would be happier if they broadcast some ATP tournaments too.

Jogy
04-01-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm sick of watching boring Federer and Federer and Federer and Federer and Federer... other people are sick of watching Sharapova... Not new :zzz:

Rogiman
04-01-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm sick of watching boring Federer and Federer and Federer and Federer and Federer... :zzz:

Where do you get all these Federer matches? :confused:

knight_ley
04-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Here in the USA, they show all Federer all the time. Unless of course he's playing Ljubicic or Kiefer :banghead:

Rogiman
04-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Here in the USA, they show all Federer all the time. Unless of course he's playing Ljubicic or Kiefer :banghead:

Good for you then! :yeah:
At last they show the one they should show, despite his lack of american citizenship.

the cat
04-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Hmmm, you might be onto something Princesa!. I've been feeling weak lately. Maybe the sweet Maria ESPN/ESPN2 overdose has shocked my system. ;)

jmp
04-01-2005, 03:25 PM
the cat! Stop your drooling! :drool: ;)

Scotso
04-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Here we get Sharapova, Federer, Agassi, Roddick. All the time. Usually most Williams matches too.

the cat
04-01-2005, 04:18 PM
jmp dear, my only drooling would be over Princesa and Elena Dementieva! :D :hearts: :drool: Masha is a great tennis tennis player and an attractive girl. But she's not the best looking Russina.

Can you imagine how much ESPN and ESPN2 would push Sharapova if she was an American citizen? ;)

jmp
04-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Are you baiting me with that question, the cat? ;)

GermanBoy
04-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Have you watched the match Sharapova vs. Venus? :confused: No comment to what happened after Sharapova won... :rolleyes:

Scotso
04-01-2005, 08:55 PM
I didn't watch that, what happened?

the cat
04-01-2005, 09:07 PM
I guess I'm baiting you jmp. ;)

Gee GB, Sharapova actutally cares and is thrilled when she wins big matches and shows some emotion. :D :bounce: How terrible. :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
04-01-2005, 09:54 PM
She acts like that when she beats the 129382190382th ranked player, 0 and 0. Yawn.

MissMoJo
04-01-2005, 10:35 PM
She acts like that when she beats the 129382190382th ranked player, 0 and 0. Yawn.
in the second round, in 25 minutes and 10 howls

jmp
04-02-2005, 03:16 AM

I'm not biting! :lol:

Fedex
04-02-2005, 04:16 AM
:haha: :rolls:

PaulieM
04-02-2005, 04:30 AM
my favorite reaction was at YEC when she beat an injured serena who was serving underhanded at about 50mph and fell to the ground like she'd just won the greatest match of her life. i understand being happy about a big match but that one was just stupid and a little inconsiderate.

tennischick
04-02-2005, 05:38 AM
my favorite reaction was at YEC when she beat an injured serena who was serving underhanded at about 50mph and fell to the ground like she'd just won the greatest match of her life. i understand being happy about a big match but that one was just stupid and a little inconsiderate.
Serena was serving underhanded? :confused: were we watching the same match?? :shrug:

Chloe le Bopper
04-02-2005, 05:45 AM
in the second round, in 25 minutes and 10 howls
Indeed. She should be BANned.

Nikki♥
04-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Hmmm, you might be onto something Princesa!. I've been feeling weak lately. Maybe the sweet Maria ESPN/ESPN2 overdose has shocked my system. ;)

:haha:

Nikki♥
04-02-2005, 11:05 AM
jmp dear, my only drooling would be over Princesa and Elena Dementieva! :D :hearts: :drool:

Moi??????? :angel:

misyou25
04-02-2005, 11:06 AM
you should see eurosport when sharapova's playing: (i know its not eurosport) but the cameraman is always focused on sharapova and her boobies (emmmm)

misyou25
04-02-2005, 11:07 AM
makes me sick....grrrrr

the cat
04-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Becca dear, ye exxaggerate about Maria showing the same emotions all the time. Not so. She saves her greatest emtions when she beats the likes of Serena and Venus and Lindsay in big matches. :bounce: And why not she's only 17? In time Maria's raw emotions will be replaced by a more tempered reponse to winning big matches. But I like to see a player show emotion after winning big matches. It's better than Masha being another tennis playing zombie in a long line of tennis zombies.

Yes you Princesa!. :D And I'm glad you find some of my posts funny. ;)

Scotso
04-02-2005, 02:41 PM
you should see eurosport when sharapova's playing: (i know its not eurosport) but the cameraman is always focused on sharapova and her boobies (emmmm)

Sharapova has boobs? :confused:

Wojtek
04-02-2005, 02:53 PM
At least Maria can play. I remember Kournikova could barely serve the ball over the net twice a set and she was still playing all the televised feature matches.

WTF :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PaulieM
04-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Serena was serving underhanded? :confused: were we watching the same match?? :shrug:
for a little bit at one point

GermanBoy
04-02-2005, 05:10 PM

Gee GB, Sharapova actutally cares and is thrilled when she wins big matches and shows some emotion. :D :bounce: How terrible. :rolleyes:

SOME emotion... :rolleyes: She behaved like she was giving birth to her first child. Have you seen that facial expression? :rolleyes:

Dropping to her knees and making that facial expression is a bit much. That is not caring, that is fake and that is show. She should become actress if she wants to entertain people like that....

Marine
04-02-2005, 05:41 PM
I"m watching the final, omg shup up Maria !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Go Kim...

uNIVERSE mAN
04-02-2005, 06:20 PM
The woman screams on slices, that's not a grunt.

Scotso
04-02-2005, 07:45 PM
I absolutely can't stand Kim Clijsters.... but :worship:

Now if only people would start beating her earlier.

Of course, then ESPN would say, "In case you missed it the first 20 times we showed it, we're going to play Sharapova's first round loss 1-6 0-6 to Nancy Loeffler-Caro instead of today's final!"

PaulieM
04-02-2005, 07:48 PM
The woman screams on slices, that's not a grunt.
i wonder sometimes where the scream comes from, because there are times when she doesn't do it. i'm starting to think it's not from the sheer exertion of making her shots, so what is it?

Scotso
04-02-2005, 08:20 PM
I think we all know it's her desire to scare her opponents.

What is that mythical creature that can kill you with it's shreiks?

PaulieM
04-02-2005, 08:22 PM

i feel bad for her opponents, it must be an increadible distraction. if i had to listen to that and try and focus really hard at the same time i think i would shoot myself.

Daniel
04-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Maria lost :sad:

Becarina
04-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Maria lost :sad:

yes but Kim won :)

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 10:23 PM

Sirens? Banshees?

Scotso
04-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Banshees I think :D

Sirens are the ones that attract you with the beautiful singing ;)

Roger-No.1
04-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Clijsters = No more Russians?

NATAS81
04-03-2005, 12:45 AM
No, Clijsters + Serena + Justine = No more Russians ;)

Roger-No.1
04-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Clijsters + Serena + Justine = No more Russians ;)
:haha: Ok

Now we know the formula.

tennischick
04-03-2005, 01:07 AM
i'm sorry i didn't get to see this match. does anyone know if it will be repeated?

NATAS81
04-03-2005, 01:17 AM
:haha: Ok

Now we know the formula.
It's as potent and as reliable as E= MC2

These fresh faces back need to save women's tennis. Though the quality as I said has gone down the tubes.

When Kim wins a match 6-1 6-0 and goes -2 W/UEs it's more than the swirling wind (maxing at 15 in Miami)

I hope Amelie can get her mind right and play like she's capable.

Roger-No.1
04-03-2005, 01:24 AM
i'm sorry i didn't get to see this match. does anyone know if it will be repeated?
Nothing on espn.com

nkhera1
04-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Could we get a list of why people hate Maria Sharapova so much?

AnneMarie
04-03-2005, 01:39 AM
:devil: Here's why so many people are hatin' on Maria: From the Sunday
Times Online:

One definite antidote to being trapped in a dream is Sharapova’s scream. There is so much to relish about the way the teenager rips into a tennis ball but it is high time that someone in authority told her to cut out the shrieking that is straining everyone’s patience, not least that of her opponent.

So true! :worship:

PaulieM
04-03-2005, 03:15 AM
oh wouldn't that be wonderful! *keeps waiting for this day* :(

buddyholly
04-03-2005, 03:52 AM
One definite antidote to being trapped in a dream is Sharapova’s scream. There is so much to relish about the way the teenager rips into a tennis ball but it is high time that someone in authority told her to cut out the shrieking that is straining everyone’s patience, not least that of her opponent.

So true! :worship:

More of the hate-Sharapova bandwagon. I bet that reporter never bitched about Seles ''onnnnnnnn riiiiiiiiiiiiii'' shriek

Scotso
04-03-2005, 03:52 AM

I think we all know that she will continue to be a headcase until the day she dies.

NATAS81
04-03-2005, 03:56 AM
I think we all know that she will continue to be a headcase until the day she dies.
That's a shame. She can hit great winners after setting herself up with short balls from the slice backhand.

I don't know what happened in her match against Kim. I really didn't pay attention and apparently I didn't need to for the low quality as I laid out for you all in the numbers above in my previous post.

She was last year the world #1, barring top former superstars were injured.

Her game when on is as good as anybodys, and because of that she can take down anyone in the top five excluding Clijsters. Kimmy is head and shoulders above every one at this point.

Yay Kim! :woohoo: Couldn't happen to a nicer Belgian

Scotso
04-03-2005, 04:02 AM
Martina Navratilova would beat everyone. I think by this time two years from now, she will be #1 in the world in singles again.

NATAS81
04-03-2005, 04:03 AM
In broadcasting, yes. #2 Carillo, 3 Hingis, 4 Pammenator

Scotso
04-03-2005, 04:35 AM
NO WAY!

There is nothing better than the mixed doubles tandem of Tracy Austin and John McEnroe :worship:

NATAS81
04-03-2005, 04:42 AM
NO WAY!

There is nothing better than the mixed doubles tandem of Tracy Austin and John McEnroe :worship:
lol I liked the Olympic doubles team of Courier and that other guy on the USA network. A great tandem of professional broadcaster and flair (Jimmy C!) :worship:

USA did a great job in covering the Olympics BTW! They showed alot of great matches from non-Americans! Maybe they can get the rights from ESPN for a slam or other Tier 1s!

:wavey: When is Karol Beck playing again? MonteCarlo?

NYCtennisfan
04-03-2005, 04:49 AM
YOu mean like when Jim Courier was out and out (no pun intended) cheering for Mardy Fish?

NATAS81
04-03-2005, 05:01 AM
YOu mean like when Jim Courier was out and out (no pun intended) cheering for Mardy Fish?
Please explain NYC. :wavey:

Jim says alot of funny old school phrases. He makes the game fun, like you're in the booth with him and can relate to how the game is being played. There's nothing better than a good accurate commentator to adds their own flair and knowledge like Jim Courier. :yeah:

And Jim has the right to cheer for Mardy. Fish had played a great year making finals (losing to heavy serving Roddick) and was expected to do well in Athens!

I for one would want my country's commentators coming up with the reasons and passion for their respective nation's players!

Bravo Jim! You're the man! :worship: :yeah:

jmp
04-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Could we get a list of why people hate Maria Sharapova so much?

I don't hate Maria.

The person who started this thread was writing about ESPNs new Maria Show in lieu of other tennis matches. I took his comment to be a general complaint about ESPNs market/financial/popularity/eye candy driven production decisions as opposed to showing high quality and varied tennis matches.

This complaint has nothing to do with Maria in particular. It's the same as when ESPN used rain delays as an excuse to show the same match of Andy beating Roger three times in three different consecutive broadcast windows instead of showing Andy vs Roger, David's semi, and the Andy vs David final. It's the same as when ESPN showed a tape delayed Venus vs Serena quarter as 12:30AM and REbroadcast the SAME quarter the next day when the men were in live action. It's the same as when they spent one entire tournament showing Andy and Andre live in the day time slot and REpeating the same match during prime time instead of showing other matches or live tennis.

It's infuriating to a hard core tennis fan whether it's Maria, Sophia, Tom, Dick, Harry, Johnny, etc. We are capable of seeing more than one tennis player in a tournament without our heads exploding from over load.

No hate for Maria here. :kiss: Just irritation at ESPNs knuckleheadedness. :rolleyes:

Scotso
04-03-2005, 02:42 PM
lol I liked the Olympic doubles team of Courier and that other guy on the USA network. A great tandem of professional broadcaster and flair (Jimmy C!) :worship:

USA did a great job in covering the Olympics BTW! They showed alot of great matches from non-Americans! Maybe they can get the rights from ESPN for a slam or other Tier 1s!

:wavey: When is Karol Beck playing again? MonteCarlo?

Courier has a major hard-on for American boys. Can't stand him.

Yes, Monte Carlo :sad: He won't play much on clay, because he sucks on it.