Who's Seen Tennis Masters Uncovered II? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's Seen Tennis Masters Uncovered II?

gillian
03-28-2005, 04:39 PM
I caught it on ESPN Classic over the weekend, and, while I was jazzed to see some off-court coverage of my favorite players, I was somewhat disappointed with the content.

Has anyone here seen this documentary? If so, what are your thoughts?

holagirl56
03-28-2005, 04:44 PM
I have ESPN Classic and when I tuned in at the time they listed, there was only NCAA women's basketball.

But that's ESPN for you.

I heard that the documentary wasn't about on court action, but about off court action.

joeb_uk
03-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Its really crap compared to the first 1. The first one i watched quite a few times, second one is only worth watching once. I really liked the fact, that the first one had clips of points etc

vene
03-28-2005, 05:02 PM
I did watch it, I hear the DVD has some extra bonus coverage though- the Fed-Safin tie-breaker and extended interviews with the players

Devotee
03-28-2005, 05:48 PM
I have ESPN Classic and when I tuned in at the time they listed, there was only NCAA women's basketball.

It must have been aired at 11:00 A.M. in all time zones.
If you had tuned in at your local time 11:00 A.M., maybe you would have seen it.

Devotee
03-28-2005, 05:51 PM
I caught it on ESPN Classic over the weekend, and, while I was jazzed to see some off-court coverage of my favorite players, I was somewhat disappointed with the content.

Has anyone here seen this documentary? If so, what are your thoughts?

One of the few interesting things in this documentary was a shot of Andy
hitting the ball so hard that the yellow fluff from the ball was flying in the air
around him. Wow, I had no idea that could happen!

Also, some girls were drooling over how hot Marat was.
Unfortunately, no near nude shots this time of Carlos. ;)
However, they did have extended footage of Guillermo being massaged
near nude. Why not Andy or Marat? :devil:

It's true there was a lot of emphasis on Roger being the King.
It was nice that they showed his mother there as well as a good deal of
Roger's girlfriend Mirka, including some words from her.

They deemphasized the huge amount of rain.
I only remember one shot of Jim McIngvale so it's good this documentary
did not revolve around him.

k-rod83
03-28-2005, 05:56 PM
it was showed in the uk just b4 christmas...i thought it was ok....the best bit for me was andys nephew...how cute is he...and marat at the closing credits...that was hilarious. it was all about how fed is great and everyone else sucks at the moment in my opinion...i wont buy the dvd as i taped the tv airing.

Clara Bow
03-28-2005, 06:22 PM
One thing that I liked about it was that Tim Henman seemed to be having a good time and was quite a bit goofier than I have normally seen him.

Eclectic Goddess
03-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I liked it. Maybe better than the last one.

Among other things, I gained a new appreciation for Tim Henman. His self-depreciating sense of humor won me over, despite his utterly gross feet.

The extras may have been the best part, particularly the extended conversation between Lleyton and his coach in the car (which came across MUCH funnier than in the film itself), and the filming of Marat's contribution to the credits.

tennis4eva
03-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know if its still possible to buy the first one? I've been looking everywhere without any luck.... :sad:

ae wowww
03-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Does anyone know if its still possible to buy the first one? I've been looking everywhere without any luck.... :sad:
Does the ATP Shop not sell it?
http://www.thetennisgallery.co.uk/ I got mine from here-they're based in the UK.
Or of course, eBay.

tennnisgirl7
03-28-2005, 08:38 PM
It was good but its something you only want to watch once.

ae wowww
03-28-2005, 08:42 PM
I loved the first, and bought it--haven't got round to buying the second, although I've watched it once or twice and again adored it! They need some dubs on there though ;)

tennis4eva
03-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Does the ATP Shop not sell it?
http://www.thetennisgallery.co.uk/ I got mine from here-they're based in the UK.
Or of course, eBay.
Thanks very much! :D

Saumon
03-28-2005, 09:37 PM
I think I'll buy the dvd the day it will show Marat naked in a locker :drool: :lick: :tape: :devil: