Back with sky sports for the summer hardcourt - discussion thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Back with sky sports for the summer hardcourt - discussion thread

joeb_uk
03-28-2005, 04:09 PM
No interactive coverage!! wanted to see gaudio, but it looks like no chance of that! They did this last year, interactive for a few events and none for the others!

BaselineSmash
03-28-2005, 04:20 PM
It is, in short, fucking annoying.

We pay a lot for what is a poor service in many respects e.g. the movies package, in which movies are routinely edited by up to 10 minutes. The interactive tennis is great when it's provided, but when a situation such as this arises (no multi-court and thus the best available match-up is lost), I feel let down. Especially given that they will be covering the Henman match (presumably), which is on the very court on which Grosjean and Gaudio are battling it out.

roisin
03-28-2005, 04:22 PM
awh you're fucking joking.

why no interactive coverage????

jeez i was looking forward to seeing jc for the 1st time since USO :sobbing:

sky sports :ras:

TheBoiledEgg
03-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Anyone got a contact number for Chris Bailey ??

I want to tell him how annoyed we all are

Dial Chris Bailey is a Wanker into your phoneset and he's sure to pick up :tape:

tangerine_dream
03-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Just curious to know: is Sky Sports worse or better than Eurosport? I get an abbreviated form of Sky Sports here in the states but I was wondering if Eurosport is much better.

Yasmine
03-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Jeez it just proves that I'm glad I don't have sky anymore. I paid extra to get the sports for a month during the USO, it's obviously not worth it for the rest of the year :rolleyes:

roisin
03-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Just curious to know: is Sky Sports worse or better than Eurosport? I get an abbreviated form of Sky Sports here in the states but I was wondering if Eurosport is much better.
sky sports is way better than eurosport, it shows all tms events and the uso and this year it also has the masters cup. on eurosport, they're liable not have tennis in their schedule then show showthing else but with sky, they always show it and usually have interactive court coverage.

TheBoiledEgg
03-28-2005, 04:42 PM

yes its alot better considering its subscribing.
Get 4 channels
Sky Sports 1,2,3 and Extra.

Tennis, they do a pretty good job covering all the 9 TMS,
Full coverage of US Open.
Davis Cup
Nottingham Open & Rotterdam tourns.

What exactly do you get in the US :confused:
abbreviated form meaning ?

ClaycourtaZzZz.
03-28-2005, 04:43 PM
eurosport sucks too :mad:

anyone know if we can get some coverages over satellite?

joeb_uk
03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
once again we will get hosed with that wanker henman!! at least interactive saves us from him!
last year we even got the night matches, but now we dont get any of them!

joeb_uk
03-28-2005, 04:50 PM
sky sports is way better than eurosport, it shows all tms events and the uso and this year it also has the masters cup. on eurosport, they're liable not have tennis in their schedule then show showthing else but with sky, they always show it and usually have interactive court coverage.
out of the past 4 tms, ONLY one has had interactive. I expect it to decline even more over the year

joeb_uk
03-28-2005, 04:55 PM
The Only two last year without were the Indoor European events (where the second court is too small for TV Coverage)
BUT they did show some clips from the other courts (so it is possible for cameras)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
03-28-2005, 04:56 PM
The Only two last year without were the Indoor European events (where the second court is too small for TV Coverage)
hope that timbo finish his career soon(for you all, then you will get to see some good tennis!)

joeb_uk
03-28-2005, 04:57 PM
The thing is, tim isnt that bad of a guy (but the constant henman ball sucking by the uk media) makes us all start hate him. Tim is ok in moderation :D

Yasmine
03-28-2005, 05:06 PM
The thing is, tim isnt that bad of a guy (but the constant henman ball sucking by the uk media) makes us all start hate him. Tim is ok in moderation :D
Definitely :devil: !!! I actually saw him play at Wimbly last year and I enjoyed it much more than following it on TV with the BBC commentators... :rolleyes:

joeb_uk
03-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Definitely :devil: !!! I actually saw him play at Wimbly last year and I enjoyed it much more than following it on TV with the BBC commentators... :rolleyes:
Yeah i watched the coria henman semi final at the french :D and i actually wanted him to win when i was there :) just have to be in the mood and not have him forced on us!

Rex
03-28-2005, 05:24 PM
sky sportd is shit- sometimes they do it right but most of the time its fucked up. why dont they show the miami fromt eh very beginning, no fucking clue

joeb_uk
03-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Are they retarded or what? there is a rain delay so they show roddick hewitt from last week (instead of showing us play they missed from this week?)

*Ljubica*
03-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Are they retarded or what? there is a rain delay so they show roddick hewitt from last week (instead of showing us play they missed from this week?)

I thought that - because they showed a clip of Moya/ToJo earlier so they must have some of the earlier matches on tape somewhere. I'm still fuming about Gaudio - I really wanted to watch that match and had promised to record it for a friend :sad: Have to say Dent played well against Coria though - best match I've seen Dent play probably ever before - I was seriously impressed with his performance and I'm not a fan of his at all.

uNIVERSE mAN
03-28-2005, 07:52 PM
I gave up on Henman years ago, the guy never accomplishes anything.

joeb_uk
03-28-2005, 07:56 PM
You wait until Tuesday
It gets better...

All Players are Playing (8 Matches)

Sky are on from 17:00 to 19:00

then there is NOTHING (Main or Interactive )for three hours :eek:

and they comeback at 2200 for two hours

So we will get one match at 5 and then Henman at 10
:mad: :mad:
Thanks for Nothing Sky Sports
for sure the matches shown will be the crappy ones! why is there nothing on for 3 hours? football?

adeegee
03-28-2005, 08:11 PM
I think we're being a bit hard on Sky. In general they do provide a very good service of the Masters Series. Not having interactive is a bit annoying but the fact is a lot of the time there will be womens matches on one of the courts so its not that big a deal. I think they have interactive for virtually all of the Masters Series events where there is only men competing. Apparently we've got better coverage than America itself so we can't complain too much

*Ljubica*
03-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Well - I can't believe the Gonzalez thing - I really can't. How can they take a match off at 3-3 in the final set to show the first few games of another match - when they KNOW damn well that they'll desert that match anyway as soon as Henman appears. Just what is the point :devil: I was really enjoying Gonzalez/Mayer - and taping it for a friend :devil: :devil:

chrissiej
03-28-2005, 08:39 PM
for sure the matches shown will be the crappy ones! why is there nothing on for 3 hours? football?

of course :o because apparently the british public only care about football :o

considering the rate @ which sky sports are buying up the rights for all sports events, they'll have wimbledon soon ;) everything ES has, all the football, all the rugby, cricket, horseracing, god, in 4 years they'll probably buy the rights for the boat race, mind you that can't get any worse than ITV :rolleyes:

i got all excited when my grandad got sky sports world package and sky plus, now i'm seeing my excitement was slightly unfounded :rolleyes: ;)

adeegee
03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm not going to criticise Sky because I generally really like the coverage. But if I don't get to see Nadal v Ljubicic tomorrow all hell will break loose

Peoples
03-28-2005, 08:54 PM
How much does Sky Sports cost if you only want to see the tennis/sports?

TheBoiledEgg
03-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Bailey: " Lets kiss Agassi's ass before Henman comes on
we cant kiss both at same time but we can in turns" :rolleyes:

roisin
03-28-2005, 09:02 PM
You wait until Tuesday
It gets better...

All Players are Playing (8 Matches)

Sky are on from 17:00 to 19:00

then there is NOTHING (Main or Interactive )for three hours

and they comeback at 2200 for two hours

So we will get one match at 5 and then Henman at 10

Thanks for Nothing Sky Sports
omc thats a joke. :(

TheBoiledEgg
03-28-2005, 09:03 PM
omc thats a joke. :(

and its not even proper football
U21 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sharpeirob
03-28-2005, 09:07 PM
I hate Chris Bailey, he way he speaks is so annoying

Mount Goddess
03-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Oh great!!! What wicked coverage!! God they really are pants at Sky!

Sjengster
03-28-2005, 10:52 PM
I hate Chris Bailey, he way he speaks is so annoying

That's an exshtraordinary thing to say, given the exshtremely tough conditions he's working under.

The claycourt season had better have interactive coverage, it's ridiculous that they're dodging back and forth from court to court to try and hide the fact that - shock horror! - there's a women's tournament going on at the same time as the men's. Cutting from the Gonzo/Mayer match at 3-1 in the third to go see Agassi beating up Clement for a couple of games and then switching back to Henman is a programming decision that would make ESPN proud. No comment on Henman, because I happen to think he does play real tennis and I can acknowledge that he's shoved down our throats too much without praying for him to lose every time, but the sooner Agassi retires and we can end this tedious worshipping of the A-Train, the better.

*Ljubica*
03-29-2005, 07:40 AM
How much does Sky Sports cost if you only want to see the tennis/sports?

You can't subscribe just for the sports - you get the whole package of basic Sky services plus the "extra" of your choice - either Sports or Movies usually. I pay £41.00 a month which is about 65 euros - haven't got a clue how many dollars that equates to though.

bad gambler
03-29-2005, 08:09 AM
i got sky on dish and am pretty happy with their coverage in general

Deejay
03-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Overall I enjoy the sky coverage. It does seem a bit weird that they only provide the full interactive service for the 3 clay TMS and the USOpen. Just a shame they base their whole coverage around Henman, who of course never ends up winning the tournament. Its funny really, the people at sky must think that everyone in Britain only tunes in for the Henman matches, but I bet you that most tennis fans in Britain would rather watch someone else most of the time...but no...as soon as Henman steps one foot on court they cut to him. I swear Peter Fleming must get sick of the amount of questions Bailey asks him about Henman...he will probably quit soon

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 11:37 AM
You can't subscribe just for the sports - you get the whole package of basic Sky services plus the "extra" of your choice - either Sports or Movies usually. I pay £41.00 a month which is about 65 euros - haven't got a clue how many dollars that equates to though.
It is a total rip off isnt rosie? how many times i flick through hundreds of channels to find nothing on! you are lucky to get good movies on once in a month, let alone every week! the only reason i really watch sky is for the sport. I am glad its my parents paying for it, because its a waste of money to be honest

David Kenzie
03-29-2005, 12:15 PM
It's £33/month if you don't get the crap movie channels. That's about 50€ or 60$/month and yes it is a rip off ... Sadly it's the only way you can get to see AMS events in britain.

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 02:02 PM
ok no ferrero ferrer we are getting monfils at 5!! :D so many good matches today and we miss them all

Aleksa's Laydee
03-29-2005, 02:09 PM
im soooooooooo annoyed that theres no interactive!! i wanted to see tojo v jiri :fiery: :smash:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
03-29-2005, 03:13 PM
i can't see them all have to watch womens tennis!
eurosport sucks!

adeegee
03-29-2005, 04:24 PM
No Nadal v Ljubicic coverage :tears: :tears: :tears: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

Now I'm pissed off :mad:

roisin
03-29-2005, 04:28 PM
sky sports :banghead: they need to be shot. JC ISNT ON MY TV and thats a major problem :fiery:
on program info it says the matches they're showing are hrbaty-minfils and ferrero-ferrer. whats the buzz lads, im not seeing no jc and ferrer here! :ras: :(

*Ljubica*
03-29-2005, 05:42 PM
sky sports :banghead: they need to be shot. JC ISNT ON MY TV and thats a major problem :fiery:
on program info it says the matches they're showing are hrbaty-minfils and ferrero-ferrer. whats the buzz lads, im not seeing no jc and ferrer here! :ras: :(

And now that Hrbaty is over they are showing a repeat of..................HENMAN!!!!! :devil: Why not JCF now?

roisin
03-29-2005, 05:46 PM
cos sky are prats who need to fill their show with repeats of timbledon because god forbid, they show another match when they could possibly show henman. WE DONT WANT TO SEE IT U EEJITS

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Federer v Ancic
Agassi v Gaudio
Ljubicic v Nadal
Ferrero v Ferrer

4 superb matches! top 3 are the pick of the bunch. I mean i dont like watching agassi, but when hes playing someone i like (he isnt on :D) but every other time, they put him every time. How boring is stepanek going to be?

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 05:49 PM
So today there are EIGHT mens matches and the Pick of the Round
is :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 Monfils v Hrbaty
2 Henman v Stepanek

So we will miss:
Federer v Ancic
Agassi v Gaudio
Ljubicic v Nadal
Ferrero v Ferrer
Novak v T Johnasson
Dent v Mayer

Where is that contact number for Chris Bailey????

While your at it, ring up cowboy and tell him what a wanker he is as well! ask him how federer and henmans ass tastes! :D

*Ljubica*
03-29-2005, 05:52 PM
If I see one more interview or clip of Tim Henman I will go mad :devil: If that was David playing JCF out there now and not Ferrer I would have killed someone by now :angel:

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 05:54 PM
I was hoping for that! i thought maybe we might get 30 minutes of a match anyway, i cant see tiger starting at 10

roisin
03-29-2005, 05:54 PM
no they'll show a repeat of henman if that happens :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
03-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Let us hope the first three matches on Grandstand go on for hours
and hours and hours
so at 2200 Sky are forced to show a decent Match......

Well I'll be in bed by 10.00pm because I get up at 5.00am for work - but that's a great idea.

adeegee
03-29-2005, 05:57 PM
I quite like Chris Bailey, I highly doubt its him who does any of the scheduling anyway. I'm as annoyed as anyone I'm gutted I won't get Rafa v Ivan

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Im gonna watch some wta now anyway :D will be interesting to see if justine can take out sharapova :)
Yeah bailey is ok

adeegee
03-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Joeb are you Brazilian or British I'm confused by your flag :confused:

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 06:04 PM
Brasilian! I still manage to get skysports from the slum in brasil ;) :woohoo:

Aleksa's Laydee
03-29-2005, 06:56 PM
And now that Hrbaty is over they are showing a repeat of..................HENMAN!!!!! :devil: Why not JCF now?

eugh they think we love him!! :rolleyes:

Aleksa's Laydee
03-29-2005, 06:58 PM
So today there are EIGHT mens matches and the Pick of the Round
is :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 Monfils v Hrbaty
2 Henman v Stepanek

So we will miss:
Federer v Ancic
Agassi v Gaudio
Ljubicic v Nadal
Ferrero v Ferrer
Novak v T Johnasson
Dent v Mayer

Where is that contact number for Chris Bailey????

i'd even find ljubicic nadal more interesting than monfils hrbaty and henman stepanek

stupid stupid sky sports :mad:

Aleksa's Laydee
03-29-2005, 06:59 PM
While your at it, ring up cowboy and tell him what a wanker he is as well! ask him how federer and henmans ass tastes! :D

:haha: he should know...he needs to be sacked the twat :rolleyes:

roisin
03-29-2005, 07:16 PM
thanks sky, thank u so much. now that u didnt bother to show jc-ferrer cos u were too busy having orgasms over henman, its just a mere 115 days since i saw a jc match on tv. and even at that it was the dc final. :mad: :fiery: :banghead:

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 07:37 PM
This sharapova match looks long too! i hope andre and gaudio starts at 9.30-10pm and then maybe we can see some of that!

Geniey2g
03-29-2005, 07:40 PM
what the fuck is up with Sky Sports starting the TMS coverage from the second week now?!?!?! Its pissing me off cause I don't remember this happening last year.

And WHY did they take off the coverage after Monfils/Hrbarty match!?!?!?!? :eek:

Geniey2g
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Im gonna watch some wta now anyway :D will be interesting to see if justine can take out sharapova :)
Yeah bailey is ok
I hope she can, Miss Sharapova is getting a little bit too big for her trainers...

*Ljubica*
03-29-2005, 08:08 PM
what the fuck is up with Sky Sports starting the TMS coverage from the second week now?!?!?! Its pissing me off cause I don't remember this happening last year.

And WHY did they take off the coverage after Monfils/Hrbarty match!?!?!?!? :eek:

It definately happened last year too - they only show the 2nd week of Indian Wells and Miami. And the reason they've taken it off air tonight is for football - of course - really thrilling Under 21 football :angel: Wouldn't be so bad if it had been taken off for a major International or FA Cup semi-final or something - but do we really need to see Under 21 football tonight :devil:

adeegee
03-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Henmans not going to start for ages, we might get to see some of Rafa vs Ivan *prays*

roisin
03-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Henmans not going to start for ages, we might get to see some of Rafa vs Ivan *prays*
awh i wish they'd show that!!! *prays too*
but sky being sky, they'll put on agassi, they had a music interlude bout him before his match against clement the other day cos hes won miami like 6 times or something.

adeegee
03-29-2005, 08:58 PM
coverage starting in a minute, please show rafa/ivan

adeegee
03-29-2005, 09:02 PM
wow what a shock, they're showing andre :mad: why join a match at 2-1 in the 1st set when you have a great match going on on the other court?

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 09:29 PM
I must say well done sky sports! on this occassion you have made a great choice! really glad to see you are showing agassi - gaudio instead of ugly boy! also great news that henman wont be on until at least 12!
I guess they make good decisions too :woohoo:

roisin
03-29-2005, 09:55 PM
i love the way bailey at the start said 'theres been a slight delay for henman's match...'
yeah just a mere 2 hours :lol:

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 10:11 PM
they are only showing ONE quarter final 2moro!!

joeb_uk
03-29-2005, 11:47 PM
Not really fussed about the matches 2moro anyway! but really looking forward to mauresmo - ivanovic :woohoo:

Geniey2g
03-30-2005, 10:08 AM
I don't know why sky sports and the bbc site were so sure Tim's match would begin at 10 pm; I mean, his match was scheduled last on that court; I coulda told u it wouldn't have begun till about midnight our time.

roisin
04-01-2005, 04:52 PM
so are they not showing nadal-ferrer then? :confused:

adeegee
04-01-2005, 05:12 PM
so are they not showing nadal-ferrer then? :confused:

Schedule says live tennis at 9pm so i think they will. If they don't the world may come to an end :mad: :mad: I'm seriously doubting whether they will show the Agassi-Federer match.

Geniey2g
04-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Schedule says live tennis at 9pm so i think they will. If they don't the world may come to an end :mad: :mad: I'm seriously doubting whether they will show the Agassi-Federer match.
If it says there's live tennis at 9 pm, that means Rafa and David's match, because theirs is up first.

adeegee
04-01-2005, 06:24 PM
If it says there's live tennis at 9 pm, that means Rafa and David's match.

I'm a bit confused though, if the doubles semi final before it finishes in straight sets then we're gonna miss the start of the match?? Vamos Rafa!

Aleksa's Laydee
04-01-2005, 07:06 PM
^^ the match dont start till the top of the hour (9pm our time)

Aleksa's Laydee
04-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Sky Sports Claim to be showing Federer Agassi LIVE tonight

It doesn't start until 1900 Miami

which is 0100 in UK.....

yeah yeah LOL bet they wont :rolleyes:

gooner88
04-01-2005, 07:39 PM
:yeah:

adeegee
04-01-2005, 11:10 PM
good work sky, i'm pleasantly surprised

joeb_uk
04-11-2005, 10:22 AM
we have interactive coverage for monte carlo :woohoo:

athie
04-11-2005, 11:53 AM
we have interactive coverage for monte carlo :woohoo:
Fantastic!! I pulled a sicky today to see Rainer :devil:

gravity
04-11-2005, 11:59 AM
You're lucky he's on the covered court then. ;)

joeb_uk
04-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Fantastic!! I pulled a sicky today to see Rainer :devil:
the view is excellent too! the camera angle is perfect, the centre court camera looks as if you looking from a crane lol! take a look and you will see what i mesn

roisin
04-11-2005, 08:16 PM
:banana: props to sky :yeah: it'll only be the highlights for me tho, damn school :ras:

joeb_uk
04-11-2005, 08:57 PM
:banana: props to sky :yeah: it'll only be the highlights for me tho, damn school :ras:
yeah it amazed me when someone was pleased to see the coverage at 9am! its better for us here, when its in the usa so we can watch from like 5 after school or work. But with my uni hours im not complaining lol

roisin
04-11-2005, 09:02 PM
lucky u!
oooh im not happy at the moment, they're not showing highlights tonight!!! :(

PinkFeatherBoa
04-11-2005, 11:32 PM
yeah it amazed me when someone was pleased to see the coverage at 9am! its better for us here, when its in the usa so we can watch from like 5 after school or work. But with my uni hours im not complaining lol

Well I work odd hours, so sometimes daytime coverage is best for me.

Pleased to see that the Interactive coverage is in use, that way I won't have to suffer Rusedski getting whopped by Federer, along with the inevitable Federer worshipping.

joeb_uk
04-14-2005, 10:44 AM
nooooooooooo :( i set it to record before i went to uni so i could watch puerta later and they show the coria match which is court princes!! lol they havent done that all week, so i missed it

joeb_uk
04-14-2005, 07:01 PM
hmmmm so sky sports are only giving us two of the quarter finals :(
federer gasquet
volandri ferrero

really wanted to see nadal gaudio

Jenrios
04-14-2005, 08:21 PM
oh no! anyreason why they are not covering all of them?

Jenrios
04-14-2005, 08:30 PM
ah, ok, thanks for the info. Not much can be done about that.

joeb_uk
04-15-2005, 01:40 PM
:( damn no interactive, nadal gaudio needs to be seen!

Dr. Laborious
04-15-2005, 03:49 PM
no Gaudio - Nadal? :mad: :sad:

joeb_uk
05-05-2005, 05:16 PM
shit! i went to uni so i didnt watch the tennis! its lucky i was away lol

Geniey2g
05-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Why do they keep doing it time after time :mad: :mad: :mad:

8 Matches today on 2 Courts

No Interactive Service

Want to watch Agassi v Ljubicic :mad: :mad: :mad:

what do we get

HENMAN :mad: :mad: :mad:

You can't speak to anyone at Sky to Find Out why they have dumped the Service
I know!! Even though I wanted to see Tim's match, I knew I'd want to watch another when the crap started hitting the fan!

SKY SPORTS: Step ya' game up!!!

tangerine_dream
05-05-2005, 06:52 PM
The Henman Channel :yeah:

Jenrios
05-05-2005, 09:48 PM
I was at boiling point when I rushed hom early from work, and there was no interactive. Sure, I expected to have Henman on the main channel, even though he wasn't on centre court, but when there was no interactive - I was furious!!!!!

athie
05-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Well I’m not going to complain about Sky Sports anymore – compared to some of the posts I’ve read re: coverage - Sky Sports do a pretty good job.
Plus there was a mention of interactive coverage at Hamburg next week :D

joeb_uk
05-06-2005, 10:10 PM
bill threlfall is cracking me up! i am really starting to like the guy, and i like how he takes the piss out of everyone too :yeah:

Sjengster
05-07-2005, 03:51 AM
So, in the middle of another demolition job by Nadal, Barry Cowan observes that he's obviously a strong favourite for RG this year... but with supreme confidence, declares that his own pick for the title hasn't changed. Can anyone shake this man out of his undying devotion to Federer? I'd love if it he was right, mind you.

Jenrios
05-07-2005, 05:42 PM
The General Election prevented interactive coverage????????? LMAO!

joeb_uk
05-07-2005, 06:48 PM
LMAO! WHY should wankers like that fuck up our coverage?

Geniey2g
05-07-2005, 09:19 PM
lol, exactly.
Glad to hear we'll have full red button action for Hamburg, though.

And Bill Threlfall is the best!!!

Jogg
05-08-2005, 01:23 AM
no semis today :( but usually the coverage is pretty good especially compared with the crappy coverage eurosport gives

Sjengster
05-08-2005, 02:30 AM

Nice to see you've got life's priorities straight, joeb. ;)

joeb_uk
05-11-2005, 07:50 PM
lets bump it today! for their disgraceful choice of showing henman replay when there was live tennis on!! wtf is that about? interactive was disabled too :( I am not even a kiefer or grosjean fan and i think its disgusting

Sjengster
05-11-2005, 09:26 PM
It was disgraceful all right, it would have been fine to show a few selected highlights but to replay a snoozer like that in its entirety was appalling. Despite what Sky seem to think, Henman and Rusedski are not the finest exponents of claycourt tennis and do not produce matches for the ages when they're pitted against each other on clay. I hope Henman can take advantage of his draw, but I fear the commentators are underestimating Chela on a slower, heavier clay court just as they dismissed Hrbaty's chances last week before the match.

athie
05-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I promised not to complain again but it would have been thoughtful of Sky Sports to have continued with interactive coverage for Kiwi’s match.
Thoughtful? Yeah thought so :mad:
I'm supposed to be emigrating 3 weeks from today and all this tennis is not allowing me to get anything done! :devil:

Jogg
05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
lets bump it today! for their disgraceful choice of showing henman replay when there was live tennis on!! wtf is that about? interactive was disabled too :( I am not even a kiefer or grosjean fan and i think its disgusting

I agree, all they care about is Henman which is getting very annoying even for someone who likes Henman. I must be missing something as I don't understand why Henman playing Rusedski on clay is such a big deal :rolleyes:

gooner88
05-11-2005, 11:34 PM
I disagree that showing a henman-rusedski rerun was wrong from sky sports. You have to remember that sky sports is a british sports tv station. British players will always get first choice status above all others, just like the way ESPN almost always shows americans in front of others. It's just the way it is.
Alot of british tennis probably would not have been able to watch a rare all-british clash at 10am in the morning due to work or school, so repeating it enabled those who inevitably missed it to watch it. Tim and Greg usually don't go into the latter stages of most events, so we have more than enough time to see the great diversity in mens tennis.

mandoura
05-12-2005, 02:35 AM
no semis today :( but usually the coverage is pretty good especially compared with the crappy coverage eurosport gives

Eurosport seldom shows any ATP. It is the WTA channel.

Geniey2g
05-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Does Sky Sports have a worse commentator that...BARRY MILLS???! He is SO boring, and him and Leif Shiras have absolutley zero chemistry when they commentate on matches together.

Get rid of Mills! Please!!

Geniey2g
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Eurosport seldom shows any ATP. It is the WTA channel.
Don't even remind me about their 19th century Roland Garros & AO coverage; NO interactive option, and only 1 match at a time?? Absolute crap.

Geniey2g
05-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Don't Forget the 3 Hour Gap for Cycling with No Coverage
Oh gosh, yeah.

Raquel
05-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Does Sky Sports have a worse commentator that...BARRY MILLS???! He is SO boring, and him and Leif Shiras have absolutley zero chemistry when they commentate on matches together.

Get rid of Mills! Please!!
Yeah Barry Mills is bad but Barry Cowan is just as bad. Any comedy value Barry had is going fast. If Barry Cowan is going to be the studio guest at least bring back Sam Smith to laugh at his comments and totally disagree with everything he says.

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 05:45 PM
I feel pete has the most knowledge out of them all, by quite a way. I also like the guy too :yeah:

Although threllfall makes alot of incorrect comments because of his age, i still really like him!

Sky sports needs frew mcmillian though! with eurosport showing no atp, he must be doing nothing (this guy is the best commentator ive heard).

roisin
05-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Hamburg Final is NOT on Live on Sunday :mad: :mad:

Like Rome Semis only Highlights Later in the Day :(
are u serious?! thats one pathetic joke. whats their excuse this time :rolleyes:

Space Cowgirl
05-13-2005, 07:23 PM
are u serious?! thats one pathetic joke. whats their excuse this time :rolleyes:
Timbledon is out, so why would anyone be bothered with it? ;)

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 07:49 PM
So we arent getting the final, (not even a replay?)

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Don't even remind me about their 19th century Roland Garros & AO coverage; NO interactive option, and only 1 match at a time?? Absolute crap.
Genie, you fucking legend! thats exactly how i feel, are we living in the stoneage running around naked or what? Come on euro, your meant to be a big channel (start working on interactive or use euro 2 and 1 for the french open at the same time)

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 07:52 PM
It will be a cut replay i am sure of that! they wont show a full replay

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Judio
Don't Forget the 3 Hour Gap for Cycling with No Coverage

DAMN GIRO!!

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Oh come on! dont make the select few suffer because there are peasents who dont have euro 2 :D

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 08:00 PM
I know, it is fucking excellent!! the best you can get!
superb quality of pictures, so many choices, and also you get commentators too which is awesome (on every court). I cannot praise this service enough, you ever get chance to see some juniors too!!

Space Cowgirl
05-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Oh come on! dont make the select few suffer because there are peasents who dont have euro 2 :D
we in Germany don't yet have Eurosport 2, and I wouldn't exactly call us "peasants"

allanah
05-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Um, haven't really read every single comment made on this thread (coz there're a lot!) But i do agree that the way Sky deal with tennis (or have started to this year)is disappointing. I know football is way bigger in terms of appeal but I feel like they treat tennis like some poor sporting cousin who doesn't deserve the same level of professionalism when it come to coverage.

The commentary is a little mundane - Simon Reed & Chris Bradman from Eurosport are way better.

although none of the programmes on Europsort ever start on time :mad: :p

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 08:12 PM
we in Germany don't yet have Eurosport 2, and I wouldn't exactly call us "peasants"
Just a joke me and my dutch friend had ;) dont worry, its not meant to be serious.

joeb_uk
05-13-2005, 08:13 PM
At least sky sports doesnt have female commentators, females are the most boring out of them all. I havent heard an entertaining female commentator in my life :eek: jo drurie? and sam smith (such boring women). Knowledge isnt sufficient for being a commentator on eurosport either.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
05-13-2005, 08:14 PM
wow!!! I get the final live on premiere:) I can't believe it that sky wont show it live!

allanah
05-13-2005, 08:22 PM
:eek: Can't say I agree with you there mate.#

Well, you are a 'Pool fan so I wouldn't expect you too ;) :D I think, particularly Simon has a kinda dry humour and is a bit of a lech (which is both endearing and worrying). He tries very hard to suppress it during commentary. It's amusing. The way he always comments on Sharapova's outfits or the "snugness" of Serena's shorts - you can almost feel the female co-commentator thinking "Keep it in your pants" during the awkward silences that follow his drooling. Heh. :)

allanah
05-13-2005, 08:25 PM
ooh, i just realised what i did...Rafa as in Benitez or as in Nadal? I'm getting my sports fora confused :tape:

OnTheLine
05-13-2005, 08:51 PM
No live final coverage???? :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Had no idea till I saw this thread - in my trusting innocence I just assumed that having committed to so many hours of live coverage including showing all the quarters and the semis live, there was no way they'd muck about with the final. :rolleyes:

I've been accustomed to tennis being the poor relation on Eurosport for a long time now - used as a midweek daytime filler, then at the weekend all the action crammed into a few measly highlights late at night to make way for *important* sports - but Sky were always pretty respectful in the past.

Obviously can't trust any of 'em now. :fiery:

gooner88
05-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I can't believe sky is stooping to eurosport's level :mad:
Last year's service was much better with guaranteed live tennis throughout the tournaments.

On the subject of commentators, the best combination on UK television are Simon Reed and Frew Macmillan from Eurosport.

joeb_uk
05-14-2005, 07:13 PM
sky digital user here, guess i cant get it? :( best of 5 sets too, so with 2 hours coverage we arent gonna see much if the final is like last week!

Geniey2g
05-15-2005, 09:51 PM
I feel pete has the most knowledge out of them all, by quite a way. I also like the guy too :yeah:

Although threllfall makes alot of incorrect comments because of his age, i still really like him!

Sky sports needs frew mcmillian though! with eurosport showing no atp, he must be doing nothing (this guy is the best commentator ive heard).
I think Barry Davies is THE best commentator ever- his voice, his comments; everything is just perfect.

JustmeUK
05-15-2005, 09:52 PM
no way.. if its the best Sky Sports commentators it has to be Peter Fleming. he just refuses to take any crap that the other commentators come out with and puts them right in their places!

Geniey2g
05-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Genie, you fucking legend! thats exactly how i feel, are we living in the stoneage running around naked or what? Come on euro, your meant to be a big channel (start working on interactive or use euro 2 and 1 for the french open at the same time)
LMAO!! :haha:
Eurosport need to step it up!!!

Geniey2g
05-15-2005, 10:07 PM
I just cannot believe they didn't show the Hamburg final!!! I was at work miserable cause I thought I was gonna miss the damn thing :rolleyes:

Agent X
05-15-2005, 10:09 PM
I think Barry Davies is THE best commentator ever- his voice, his comments; everything is just perfect.

:haha: I thought I was the only person that like Bazza. He\'s great, he hardly does any tennis though, just the odd match at Wimbledon. Used to do a lot of football but he\'s retired from that now, and I think is only doing ice skating, I\'m not sure whether he\'ll be doing Wimbledon this year or not. Hopefully ;)

joeb_uk
05-15-2005, 10:09 PM
no way.. if the Sky Sports commentators it has to be Peter Fleming. he just refuses to take any crap that the other commentators come out with and puts them right in their places!
:yeah: exactly right chewy!

Geniey2g
05-15-2005, 10:11 PM
:haha: I thought I was the only person that like Bazza. He\'s great, he hardly does any tennis though, just the odd match at Wimbledon. Used to do a lot of football but he\'s retired from that now, and I think is only doing ice skating, I\'m not sure whether he\'ll be doing Wimbledon this year or not. Hopefully ;)
:D I know! Barry is le BEST!

Adman
05-15-2005, 10:23 PM
No interactive coverage!! wanted to see gaudio, but it looks like no chance of that! They did this last year, interactive for a few events and none for the others!

Sometime the matches are played on the outside courts where there is no TV coverage.

Geniey2g
05-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Check out the email I just sent to Eurosport:

Dear Eurosport,

I am an avid tennis fan, and of course, particularly enjoy watching the grand slams. However, the coverage offered on your channel is, to say the least, disappointing.

The fact that Day 1 coverage will be interrupted at 2 pm this afternoon is quite frankly ridiculous, as is the absence of an interactive option that would allow continuous coverage from a variety of courts. Not everyone wants to watch the ONE match that Eurosport chooses too broadcast.

When will Eurosport get itself into the 21st century and provide its' viewers with comprehensive interactive coverage of the tennis grand slams, as does Sky Sports?

Yours Faithfully,

Georgina Benjamin

Everyone should send one in the hope that they get their act together!!

Dr. Laborious
05-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Funny how we get great coverage of all the events leading up to Roland Garros and completely fucked up shitty coverage of the thing itself...

Very funny indeed.... :sad:

ca1houn
05-23-2005, 06:05 PM
ESPN first round coverage is pathetic how many commercials do you have to watch. I have not seen 5min of straight tennis yet. In addition the commercial are so long three min a least, ESPN is cutting off the first points played. I sad that way ESPN treat tennis any other sport would have been in sync

allanah
05-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Check out the email I just sent to Eurosport:

Dear Eurosport,

I am an avid tennis fan, and of course, particularly enjoy watching the grand slams. However, the coverage offered on your channel is, to say the least, disappointing.

The fact that Day 1 coverage will be interrupted at 2 pm this afternoon is quite frankly ridiculous, as is the absence of an interactive option that would allow continuous coverage from a variety of courts. Not everyone wants to watch the ONE match that Eurosport chooses too broadcast.

When will Eurosport get itself into the 21st century and provide its' viewers with comprehensive interactive coverage of the tennis grand slams, as does Sky Sports?

Yours Faithfully,

Georgina Benjamin

Everyone should send one in the hope that they get their act together!!

Usually when there is action on a lot of different courts for the early stages of GS, they offer a "You Say We Play" option. Is that not an option this year? It's a con anyway because a) it's not live and b) you have to text (ie spend money) to make your preference known.
Ideally you would want the broadcasting capabilities of Sky with commentating skill of Eurosport's finest (ie none of the women commentators).

I've sent an email too :yeah:

joeb_uk
05-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Use the god damn euro 2!! or put that crappy giro on euro 2

The choices are crap, they played 3 wta matches today and hardly any atp :eek: atp is superior, and has more fans (so why do they hose us).

sky sports makes eurosports coverage look like a nightmare.

joeb_uk
05-23-2005, 08:21 PM
And please get rid of these annoying female commentators, the two english ones are hopeless. Also the two english pricks (male) who just laugh all day long.

I think their names are:
sam smith
jo drurie
simon reed
nameless joking prick

But, at least we have the expertise of frew (what a legend).

gooner88
05-23-2005, 08:23 PM

I never thought that I'll be missing sky sports tennis coverage. :rolleyes:

Bonaventure
05-23-2005, 08:26 PM
I've sent an email too.

Completely agree about the dreadful commentary. Although I don't particularly like Frew either. Jo Durie is the worst, get her off my tv now!

Allanah the 'you say we play' is only a rerun of the match most voted for by viewers at the end of the day. Its useless and pointless.

joeb_uk
05-23-2005, 08:29 PM
I've sent an email too.

Completely agree about the dreadful commentary. Although I don't particularly like Frew either. Jo Durie is the worst, get her off my tv now!

Allanah the 'you say we play' is only a rerun of the match most voted for by viewers at the end of the day. Its useless and pointless.
Man :D i love frew lol (i think he has great knowledge on the game, and he has abit of a laugh sometimes). I also like his voice :devil:

joeb_uk
05-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Jo Durie is the worst, get her off my tv now!

god she is so annoying, does she know anything about tennis? she has the most annoying voice and the most annoying laugh. She talks about crap, and has a pathetic sense of humour! i agree, get her off my damn tv before i do it myself!!

allanah
05-23-2005, 08:36 PM
And please get rid of these annoying female commentators, the two english ones are hopeless. Also the two english pricks (male) who just laugh all day long.

I think their names are:
sam smith
jo drurie
simon reed
nameless joking prick

The women are truly useless :rolleyes: - they do let the side down. I love Simon Reed. I think Nameless Joking is Chris Bradman - he laughs a lot too. They both remind me of that black doctor on the Simpsons who chuckles at everything. I know tennis isn't comedy, but I have to admit I find it kinda cute. :)

Frew is quality. :worship:

joeb_uk
05-23-2005, 08:39 PM
To be honest, i have never heard a decent female commentator. What is it about females, that makes them such bad commentators? The two on euro are dreadful. Simon reed is great when he is with frew (but when he is one of the witches, he can be very annoying).

allanah
05-23-2005, 08:42 PM
I've sent an email too.

Heh, poor Jo Durie. Perhaps if she perked up a little? :shrug:

You're right about YSWP, I thought they might have the foresight to do it live, but that'd prob only work if it was interactive.
I really do think eurosport have mised a trick here. Their scheduling often seems so random.

User ID 4783
05-23-2005, 08:46 PM
To be honest, i have never heard a decent female commentator. What is it about females, that makes them such bad commentators? The two on euro are dreadful. Simon reed is great when he is with frew (but when he is one of the witches, he can be very annoying).
there's one female tennis commentator on german eurosport... well let's say she's not worse than the male commentators (however, you cant be worse than they are)... I don't know about the British commentators.

allanah
05-23-2005, 08:46 PM

Oi! Joe that is outrageous chauvinism :mad: :p I was with you while we were slagging off JD but spreading the net to all women? Uh-uh. Pam Shriver at Wimbledon? She does alright.

joeb_uk
05-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Its just the truth which is unfortunate (from every commentator i have listened to). Sure some of them are bearable (but none are really any good), but you cant compare any of the female commentators to the great male commentators.

Maybe there are some good commentators out there (who are female :P) :shrug: But i havent found any yet :p

surely you can admit that females arent that good at commentary ;) hehe and i can also admit to males being bad at many things.

allanah
05-23-2005, 08:53 PM
If only you could watch tennis like you can the football: TV pictures with radio commentary. Sorted.

joeb_uk
05-23-2005, 08:54 PM
lol! i have never used radio commentary for football to be honest. Usually andy gray is excellent!

User ID 4783
05-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Its just the truth which is unfortunate (from every commentator i have listened to). Sure some of them are bearable (but none are really any good), but you cant compare any of the female commentators to the great male commentators.

Maybe there are some good commentators out there (who are female :P) :shrug: But i havent found any yet :p

surely you can admit that females arent that good at commentary ;) hehe and i can also admit to males being bad at many things.
thats just because there are so many male commentators and hardly any female commentators...

joeb_uk
05-23-2005, 09:57 PM
thats just because there are so many male commentators and hardly any female commentators...
With most channels, its usually a split.

Lady
05-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Use the god damn euro 2!! or put that crappy giro on euro 2

The choices are crap, they played 3 wta matches today and hardly any atp :eek: atp is superior, and has more fans (so why do they hose us).

ES can't put neither Giro, nor RG on ES2!
As ES 2 is not available in all countries, RG doesn't give the TV Rights to show it on ES2. The same with Giro, it has contract with ES, not ES 2!

P.s: And I'm not picking personally on you, Joeb, really! I just hope everyone here reads it! ;) :kiss:

Lady
05-23-2005, 10:11 PM
At least Jo Durie doesn't openly drool over what skirt maria Sharapova is wearing like Male ES comentators! :p

joeb_uk
05-23-2005, 10:25 PM
ES can't put neither Giro, nor RG on ES2!
As ES 2 is not available in all countries, RG doesn't give the TV Rights to show it on ES2. The same with Giro, it has contract with ES, not ES 2!

P.s: And I'm not picking personally on you, Joeb, really! I just hope everyone here reads it! ;) :kiss:
Someone had posted that before :( its really annoying because showing it on euro 2 (where some people can see it) they decide rather not to show it at all so everyone not being able to watch it :eek:
I mean they are shown throughout all europe, you would have thought they would spend enough money so the coverage was acceptable.

sharapova in a skirt :eek: they are always talking crap about how players look stunning! a perfect example is for ana iva :D they commentate on how great she looks every match. She probably deserves it more than anyone else though (but there is no need to keep going on about it, even dreary drurie joins in too!). Sure she is probably the most beautiful player on tour, but say it once (not 5 times each match).

Bonaventure
05-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Did someone suggest Pam Shriver is a good commentator :scared:

To be honest I think I agree with Joe again, all female commentators are awful. Although I've got a bit of a soft spot for Chris Evert, she's got quite a nice voice and a bit of a MILF :p

allanah
05-23-2005, 10:52 PM

To be honest I think I agree with Joe again, all female commentators are awful. Although I've got a bit of a soft spot for Chris Evert, she's got quite a nice voice and a bit of a MILF :p

yup, that was me. I am shocked we don't agree on this. :eek: Shocked I tell ya ;) I meant it in relative terms - more to object to Joe's woman-are-crap-commentators comment. Not because I'd choose her over any of the other male commentators (apart from Barry Cowan).

PaulieM
05-23-2005, 10:54 PM

what is with you and the female bashing :p first we can't drive, and now we're bad commentators... although i must say, i HATE pam shriver, her voice makes me want to slap her :(

allanah
05-23-2005, 10:55 PM
And I'm gonna pretend I don't know what a MILF is coz there's certainly no such thing as a DILF. Certainly not in tennis-commentating terms. ALthough I would like to wrap David Mercer up in a warm blanket and bring him a big mug of Horlicks.

Bonaventure
05-23-2005, 11:28 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Those last 3 responses all cracked me up....

Allan the day we agree on something is the day I become Pope. We may as well get used to it and enjoy the banter :) What you got against good old Bazza Cowan, other than his rather obsessive behaviour towards Henman and Federer I think he's ok. I think Andrew Castle is one of the worst male commentators, although Threlfall still holds the honour.

Paulie once more its undeniable. There isn't any good female commentators. And there isn't any good female drivers :p

Sjengster
05-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Chris Bradnam needs to get over that crush he has on Hantuchova, inviting her up to the commentary box twice wasn't enough for him, now he has to extol her virtues at every opportunity when he isn't commentating directly on her match. Simon Reed is apparently having surgery tomorrow on an injured leg, but it won't stop him coming back to commentate for the rest of the tournament... oh well. A long recovery period (ie, to the end of Eurosport's tennis broadcasting duties) would have done both him and us the power of good.

It is frustrating that there is a whole channel going to waste that could be used to appease either tennis or cycling fans, but then if its distribution is limited and there are consequently rights issues, there's not much you can do. But honestly, are there any sports other than cycling and wintersports that drag on so pointlessly long after the event itself is over? After the Giro stage was actually won today, we had five minutes of the commentators wittering on about the weather and stating no fewer than four times that Petacchi was the winner, before they finally deigned to go back to RG - and that was after an eternity of sponsors' messages that just go on and on and on... "Enjoy Roland Garros, with the Lacoste champions!" Well I'll try mate, if you'll actually let me see some of it!

The positive for tomorrow: we get an uninterrupted day of coverage, no Giro in the afternoon. The negative: it's easily the duller and less interesting half, so some of the matches could be snoozers.

Bonaventure
05-24-2005, 12:42 AM
Agree with you Sjengster.

But Simon Reed will be having more than just surgery on an injured leg when I'm finished with him :p

buddyholly
05-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Well, I don't see an ESPN bashing thread, so I will say here I am happy with ESPNdeportes 9hours plus of live coverage every day. You can't ask for more than that.
However today for the Chela-Scheuttler match they left the score bar on the screen during the points. Since the score bar almost completely obscured the far court, you only could see one player!! I hope they fix that.

Lady
05-24-2005, 07:02 AM
Chris Bradnam needs to get over that crush he has on Hantuchova, inviting her up to the commentary box twice wasn't enough for him, now he has to extol her virtues at every opportunity when he isn't commentating directly on her match. Simon Reed is apparently having surgery tomorrow on an injured leg, but it won't stop him coming back to commentate for the rest of the tournament... oh well. A long recovery period (ie, to the end of Eurosport's tennis broadcasting duties) would have done both him and us the power of good.

It is frustrating that there is a whole channel going to waste that could be used to appease either tennis or cycling fans, but then if its distribution is limited and there are consequently rights issues, there's not much you can do. But honestly, are there any sports other than cycling and wintersports that drag on so pointlessly long after the event itself is over? After the Giro stage was actually won today, we had five minutes of the commentators wittering on about the weather and stating no fewer than four times that Petacchi was the winner, before they finally deigned to go back to RG - and that was after an eternity of sponsors' messages that just go on and on and on... "Enjoy Roland Garros, with the Lacoste champions!" Well I'll try mate, if you'll actually let me see some of it!

The positive for tomorrow: we get an uninterrupted day of coverage, no Giro in the afternoon. The negative: it's easily the duller and less interesting half, so some of the matches could be snoozers.

Yes, it'd be great if ES could show RG on both channels, and they tried to make a deal with RG officials, but the refused!
But there's a hope for next year as ES2 will more established then! :)

joeb_uk
05-24-2005, 09:01 AM

:yeah: i agree on the milf comment :D

joeb_uk
05-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Apparently its raining, so our interupted service will be a myth :( probably get hosed down with giro replays :eek:

Geniey2g
05-24-2005, 12:53 PM
nameless joking prick

It's that annoying idiot CHRIS BRADNAM you're talking about, I'm sure. He goes OTT on every single little comment, and is constantly pointing out the obvious :mad:. His voice is just so bloody annoying.

Someone fire him, please!!!

Geniey2g
05-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Why are Eurosport's "commercial breaks" :rolleyes: always so long?? You end up missing the first point of the game half the time.

Geniey2g
05-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Just to add my 2 pence to the female commentator debate; I think Virginia Wade and Tracy Austin are quite good at Wimbledon.

Geniey2g
05-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Gotta say though guys, Mats Wilander has a pretty sexy voice!;) He's commentating on the Agassi-Nieminen match with Chris "the prick" Bradnam.

JustmeUK
05-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Mats is making a pretty good commentator. hope to hear more from him over the two weeks.

joeb_uk
05-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Mats is making a pretty good commentator. hope to hear more from him over the two weeks.
probably no chance of that

joeb_uk
05-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Now i know i said the media loves baldy, but i have just heard something from my dutch friend:
FJB says:
the bald one spils the fun again
FJB says:
4 channels here with the bald one

so thats 4/5 channels showing baldy (dutch, french, belgian, german), god i didnt know every country liked to suck baldy to this extent! :D

Bonaventure
05-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Just to add my 2 pence to the female commentator debate; I think Virginia Wade and Tracy Austin are quite good at Wimbledon.

Tracy Austin I agree, she has quite a sexy voice as well....But Virginia Wade :scared: :scared: put it away, put it away!!

drf716
05-25-2005, 04:33 AM
SOLAR SPORTS is the worst.
It said that they'll show the french open starting may 23 every 5 pm. but still no sightings.

joeb_uk
05-25-2005, 05:50 PM
They have made terrible choices for which matches should be on the showcourts (and without interactive, we are stuck with crap).

CHATRIER 11:00 Start

Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Guillermo Coria (ARG)[8] vs. Novak Djokovic (SCG)
followed by
Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Aravane Rezai (FRA) vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS)[2]
followed by
Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Arnaud Clement (FRA) vs. Nicolas Kiefer (GER)[28]
followed by
Nathalie Dechy (FRA)[13] vs. Samantha Stosur (AUS)

LENGLEN 11:00 Start

Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP) vs. Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL)[10]
followed by
Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) vs. Chris Guccione (AUS)
followed by
Alize Cornet (FRA) vs. Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)[3]
followed by
Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Jose Acasuso (ARG) vs. Andy Roddick (USA)[2]

Court 1 11:00 Start

Nadia Petrova (RUS)[7] vs. Severine Beltrame (FRA)
followed by
Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Tommy Haas (GER)[21] vs. Vincent Spadea (USA)
followed by
Tatiana Golovin (FRA)[17] vs. Antonella Serra Zanetti (ITA)
followed by
Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Lukas Dlouhy (CZE) vs. Marat Safin (RUS)[3]

I mean chatriers schedule is awful (and its probably what we will have to watch all day). They need interactive to cut out the crap

allanah
05-25-2005, 06:00 PM
And now they are showing a re-run of Henman losing instead of a live match?! :( I mean I love tim as much as the next guy that is just ridiculous.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
05-25-2005, 06:04 PM
The could show Ferrer, but they're a WTA channel!:(:( :mad:

Bonaventure
05-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Wow tomorrow's line up on Chatrier is horrible. I'm sure we're in for a cracking day's entertainment :rolleyes:

allanah
05-25-2005, 06:35 PM
link?

TheBoiledEgg
05-25-2005, 06:39 PM
tomorrow's Chatrier Lineup :rolls:

Clement vs Kiefer :tape:
a circus would be a more suitable location for these two.

allanah
05-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Clement vs Kiefer :tape:
a circus would be a more suitable location for these two.

It would? I bet they have fans who would disagree ;)

joeb_uk
05-25-2005, 06:57 PM
It would? I bet they have fans who would disagree ;)
I could understand a top french player like mauresmo, pierce, gasquet :D but clement on chatrier, absolutely laughable (especially against kiefer haha). But then again sharapova and dechy :eek:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
05-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Ferrer-Patience is on:)

savesthedizzle
05-25-2005, 07:07 PM

Ugh! I am jealous! I wish Ferrer/Patience was on here!

Bonaventure
05-25-2005, 07:18 PM

Yeah its nice, although I'd suggest they'll be losing a lot of viewers when the Champions League final starts shortly :p

Geniey2g
05-27-2005, 02:40 PM
EUROSPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They have taken off the Rafa-Gasquet match to show fucking CYCLING?!?!?!!? CYCLING!?!!? I am SO mad right now...

allanah
05-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Biggest match of the day...go figure. *shakes head*. I'm watching it online Genie. There's a thread about it somewhere around here. The site is www.coolstreaming.org. I think the quality of the pic will depend on the speed of your connection. And no sound. But it's all in all, pretty decent.

Geniey2g
05-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Biggest match of the day...go figure. *shakes head*. I'm watching it online Genie. There's a thread about it somewhere around here. The site is www.coolstreaming.org. I think the quality of the pic will depend on the speed of your connection. And no sound. But it's all in all, pretty decent.
Says site is temp. unavailable :sad:

allanah
05-27-2005, 02:58 PM
oh, it must be because so many people are using it, coz it's working for me. I'm sorry :awww: I can only suggest you keep trying every so often

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 10:48 AM
We are back to the current times and not the stoneage for wimbledon :woohoo: how many courts do we usually get on bbci 5-6?

allanah
06-20-2005, 11:25 AM
I think it's 5. for all the good it'll do me stuck here at work :sad:

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 11:36 AM
:D i finished uni about 2 weeks ago, so i am here at home every day (just watching wimbledon lol). I am really sad that after 3 weeks of going to tennis, i now have to watch on tv though :sad: :sad:

Action Jackson
06-20-2005, 11:38 AM
:D i finished uni about 2 weeks ago, so i am here at home every day (just watching wimbledon lol). I am really sad that after 3 weeks of going to tennis, i now have to watch on tv though :sad: :sad:

Even better next year when you go to some real tournaments. :)

I wonder which female commentator I'll get stuck with as I need a cure for insomnia.

Got stuck with Annabel Croft during RG, at best it was tolerable and she didn't commentate on the men's game and that was good enough for me.

gooner88
06-20-2005, 11:42 AM
The BBCi service is great!!!
With 5 courts to choose from, I can watch some great early evening 5 setters on the outside courts.

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 12:00 PM
wow what a shitty lineup first
smashanova
myskina
sherwood
keothong

omg :D they have chosen crappy courts:
centre
no court 1?

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 12:02 PM
surely they have to show court 1 when it starts? not just the courts where the crappy brits will get their ass wiped all over the court

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 12:23 PM
omg freeview get two extra courts (freeview is for the cheapskates who dont have sky digital lmao and they get extra courts). They will probably offer court 1 on there.

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 01:02 PM
lmao they arent offering court 1 as an option (wtf is that about?).

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 01:09 PM
COURT 1 IS ON NOW!!! :D :D they took off court 3 and put 1 on !! you know its actually nice to see the best matches on the showcourts (unlike rg, which had shitty matches on showcourts). centre and court 1 have nice lineups today

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 02:38 PM
verdasco robredo :D thank god for interactive :woohoo:

omg they are now changing courts to court 17 to show that crappy player bogdanovic instead of robredo!! its not really an interactive service (because they choose the courts for you).

they are showing 3/5 brits at the same time lol :D i can understand the gonzalez mackin and rusedski martin but not a crappy player like bogdanovic :puke:

Yoel and co.
06-20-2005, 11:45 PM
OK, I know what I will be saying now is not exactly what this thread is all about, but I haven't got anywhere to write it, so bear with me :)

The presenter today in the highlights show of BBC2 at 9.30 mentioned which seeded players were out. After mocking Puerta and Robredo, he put an X on Canas and said "Another one who couldn't afford the trip...", which (I gather) was a sarcastic remark on how he prefers clay etc. :o Johnny Mac corrected him with the right facts (sort of) about his injury but the presenter didn't bother to say sorry or something like that.

I emailed BBC with a complaint about him. That was pure disgrace. :fiery:

Just thought I will get this off my chest. Feeling better now. ;)

joeb_uk
06-21-2005, 10:14 AM
OK, I know what I will be saying now is not exactly what this thread is all about, but I haven't got anywhere to write it, so bear with me :)

The presenter today in the highlights show of BBC2 at 9.30 mentioned which seeded players were out. After mocking Puerta and Robredo, he put an X on Canas and said "Another one who couldn't afford the trip...", which (I gather) was a sarcastic remark on how he prefers clay etc. :o Johnny Mac corrected him with the right facts (sort of) about his injury but the presenter didn't bother to say sorry or something like that.

I emailed BBC with a complaint about him. That was pure disgrace. :fiery:

Just thought I will get this off my chest. Feeling better now. ;)

haha legend :yeah:

gooner88
06-21-2005, 11:53 AM
John Inverdale is one of the BBC's best presenters, but he didin't do his research.
To make that mistake about Willy was foolish, and nice job McEnroe for correcting him.

joeb_uk
06-21-2005, 12:05 PM
hmmm odd they are doing a day one review instead of showing another court? i bet if a brit was playing they wouldnt

max122
06-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Mcenroe is the best tennis presenter!

Geniey2g
06-21-2005, 03:47 PM
verdasco robredo :D thank god for interactive :woohoo:

omg they are now changing courts to court 17 to show that crappy player bogdanovic instead of robredo!! its not really an interactive service (because they choose the courts for you).

they are showing 3/5 brits at the same time lol :D i can understand the gonzalez mackin and rusedski martin but not a crappy player like bogdanovic :puke:
lol, that's what I thought; wtf did they take of the verdasco-robredo match and put on that crap bogdanovic??

And WHY, oh WHY are they showing the scores like this?! :(:( its so confusing- please put it back to normal!

joeb_uk
06-21-2005, 04:16 PM
lol, that's what I thought; wtf did they take of the verdasco-robredo match and put on that crap bogdanovic??

And WHY, oh WHY are they showing the scores like this?! :(:( its so confusing- please put it back to normal!
They seem to think every english person likes to watch the english players when in reality, very few fans do (many actually dislike the english players). Its really only the majority of non tennis fans who actually want to watch all these crappy english players who cant play for shit.

roisin
06-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Eh, does bbci show Court 3?? Cos I wanna watch JCF's match first on this morning at 12 but I've heard they don't show that court....? :confused: :shrug: :scared: :awww:

joeb_uk
06-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Eh, does bbci show Court 3?? Cos I wanna watch JCF's match first on this morning at 12 but I've heard they don't show that court....? :confused: :shrug: :scared: :awww:
They have done, but i doubt they will show it again :shrug:

roisin
06-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Damn it. They better show it or there shall be war :fiery: Come on bbci, the coverage rocks, don't let me down now!!

joeb_uk
06-22-2005, 11:07 AM
What they are doing is choosing the courts for you (so it meets their matches lol). So they will make it so the brits are covered on a certain court, and once the brits are off (they wont show coverage on that court live, but they show two replays of the brits).

roisin
06-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Yeah, whats the point in that? Showing replays when theres live tennis on? :fiery: Blah

joeb_uk
06-22-2005, 12:04 PM
your lucky they are showing it ;) ;)

they are only showing 3 courts (other is a replay).

Alison
06-22-2005, 12:17 PM

It's on interactive right now

joeb_uk
06-23-2005, 01:04 PM
omg this is a joke, they are showing news round up instead of court 1 lmao!! defending female champ gets no coverage because of shitty rusedski news lmao!! tim the wanker ruins even bbci

joeb_uk
06-23-2005, 01:07 PM
showing a usesless brit on court 2 get embarassed instead of the female defending champ, digusting bbci. 5-0 to dechy against the useless brit, get her off the court and get her off the damn coverage!! so we can see sesil

joeb_uk
06-23-2005, 01:08 PM
oops they just put her on :D :D missed one point haha :kiss: good move bbci! we dont want to be stuck with two brits at the same time.

joeb_uk
08-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Oh dear, skysports has now got the dykealike sam smith commentating. God help us!! :tape: :eek:

gooner88
08-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Oh dear, skysports has now got the dykealike sam smith commentating. God help us!! :tape: :eek:

:haha:

She wasn't that bad. Her and Bill are not a good combo.
She made one big mistake though when she said that Nalbo had beaten only one Top 10 player this year, Fernando Gonzalez. :rolleyes:

Geniey2g
08-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Thank God I missed the last 2 sets of that Henman crap...

joeb_uk
08-09-2005, 11:03 AM
:haha:

She wasn't that bad. Her and Bill are not a good combo.
She made one big mistake though when she said that Nalbo had beaten only one Top 10 player this year, Fernando Gonzalez. :rolleyes:
Yeah she actually seemed ok, because she didnt have the eurosport idiot with her (who only laughs all the time, so she has no bad influence!). Actually i think the worst is jo drurie :D oh god, she is awful. I recently saw her at eastbourne and she is a real fatty (this women is huge) she has short spiky hair, and looks like a german dyke :help: I remember my friend saying she looked like a beach whale :lol: Was she that big when she used to play?

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 10:01 PM
FELIX - CORIA will be shown on euro :woohoo: how great! I am happy its being shown on here because of frew mcmillian commentary and also there is no jumping on the eurosport coverage for grandstand court unlike sky sports.

TheBoiledEgg
08-29-2005, 10:12 PM
who are these shitty American commentators they got on interactive on Armstrong :rolleyes:

adee-gee
08-29-2005, 10:24 PM
who are these shitty American commentators they got on interactive on Armstrong :rolleyes:

:lol: I had to sit through Gambill-Massu with them, truly awful!

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
:lol: I had to sit through Gambill-Massu with them, truly awful!
awful accents, awful voices, awful commentary

gooner88
08-29-2005, 11:46 PM
FELIX - CORIA will be shown on euro :woohoo: how great! I am happy its being shown on here because of frew mcmillian commentary and also there is no jumping on the eurosport coverage for grandstand court unlike sky sports.

Nice match to watch.
Felix was playing really well in the first with some amazing BH winners.
Tomorrow all 3 Brits are playing, so it's more Eurosport for me.

Raquel
08-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Credit to Sky this year for sticking with interactive until this time. I think last year it stopped at 11pm or so and the only match available was the night match on Ashe but the interactive options are still on now.

Geniey2g
08-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Damn, took the words right outta my mouth, man.

But I have to give sky sports their props for the reason posted above ^^ *edit!!!!!* :(:( They have removed the interactive option in favour of showing that shrieking Sharapova girl :mad: AND there's still men's matches on (!!!)

joeb_uk
08-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Nice match to watch.
Felix was playing really well in the first with some amazing BH winners.
Tomorrow all 3 Brits are playing, so it's more Eurosport for me.
Yes felix is always great to watch :cool: he does have a great backhand (which is nice to watch!!). Especially when he flattens it out and goes for a winner :yeah:

Just a shame its so rare to see him play on tv :sad: only twice so far this year.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Credit to Sky this year for sticking with interactive until this time. I think last year it stopped at 11pm or so and the only match available was the night match on Ashe but the interactive options are still on now.

they didnt show mardy v ivo on interactive :mad: :mad: :mad: