Quiz: How fast can you type? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Quiz: How fast can you type?

Angle Queen
03-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Since I seem to get outposted a lot here (although I'm thinking...hoping...more because of my slow dial-up at home rather than my typing speed)...I thought it might be interesting to see just how fast folks around here...can type.

Try your hand at it: http://www.learn2type.com/index.cfm?action=TypingTest

It calls up a different test every time...and deducts for typos.

Mine first attempt was 70 wpm with one error (net 69) and my second turn was 69 wpm...with no errors. So I'm guessing mine's...69. Go figure?

CooCooCachoo
03-28-2005, 12:59 PM
The exercise was
A Serpent in the course of its wanderings came into an armourer's shop..As he glided over the floor he felt his skin pricked by a file lying there..In a rage he turned round upon it and tried to dart his fangs into it; but he could do no harm to heavy iron and had soon to give over his wrath..It is useless attacking the insensible.

You typed
A Serpent in the course of its wanderings came into an armourer's shop. As he glided over the floor he felt his skin pricked by a file lying there. In a rage he turned round upon it and tried to dart his fangs into it; but he could do no harm to heavy iron and had soon to give over his wrath. It is useless attacking the insensible.

Your accuracy was impressive. Your speed was 100 WPM

Angle Queen
03-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Wow...Martijn...that IS impressive. Young fingers... :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
03-28-2005, 01:04 PM
I can type faster than that really :p But my space bar is somewhat stuck and I had to backspace.

SaFed2005
03-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Copy and Paste does not help your Typing Skills.

hahahah.... i tried to cheat and got caught :p :sad:

Neely
03-28-2005, 02:11 PM
what does WPM mean? anything with "per minute"?

CooCooCachoo
03-28-2005, 02:14 PM
what does WPM mean? anything with "per minute"?

Words per minute.

CooCooCachoo
03-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Copy and Paste does not help your Typing Skills.

hahahah.... i tried to cheat and got caught :p :sad:

:rolls::devil:

jackieglover
03-28-2005, 10:34 PM
The exercise was
A Fox caught in a trap escaped, but in so doing lost his tail..Thereafter, feeling his life a burden from the shame and ridicule to which he was exposed, he schemed to convince all the other Foxes that being tailless was much more attractive, thus making up for his own deprivation..He assembled a good many Foxes and publicly advised them to cut off their tails, saying that they would not only look much better without them, but that they would get rid of the weight of the brush, which was a very great inconvenience.

You typed
A fox caught in a trap escaped, but in so doing lost his tail. Thereafter, feeling his life a burden from the shame and ridicule to which he was exposed, he schemed to convince all the other Foxes that being tailless was much more attractive, thus making up for his own deprivation. He assembled a good many Foxes and publicly advised them to cut off their tails, saying that they would not only look much better without them, but that they would get rid of the weight of the brush, which was a very great inconvenience

Your speed was 67 WPM with 2 mistakes (adjusted speed 65 WPM)

I'm gonna try again ;)

SaFed2005
03-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Hmm I took it 3 times and got very conflicting results... I got 70 then 32 then 58 :rolleyes:

tall_one
03-29-2005, 03:28 AM
I suck :banana:

Your speed was 31 WPM with 4 mistakes (adjusted speed 27 WPM)

Lee
03-29-2005, 03:41 AM
The exercise was
But the greatest Electrical Pioneer of them all was Thomas Edison, who was a brilliant inventor despite the fact that he had little formal education and lived in New Jersey..Edison's first major invention in 1877 was the phonograph, which could soon be found in thousands of American homes, where it basically sat until 1923, when the record was invented..But Edison's greatest achievement came in 1879, when he invented the electric company..Edison's design was a brilliant adaptation of the simple electrical circuit: the electric company sends electricity through a wire to a customer, then immediately gets the electricity back through another wire, then (this is the brilliant part) sends it right back to the customer again.

You typed
But the greatest Electrical Pioneer of them all was Thomas Edison, who was a brilliant inventor despite the fact that he had little formal education and lived in New Jersey. Edison's first major invention in 1877 was the phonograph, which could soon be found in thousands of American homes, where it basically sat until 1923, when the record was invented. But Edison's greatest achievement came in 1879, when he invented the electric company. Edison's design was a brilliant adaptation of the simple electrical circuit: the electric company sends electricity through a wire to a customer, then immediately gets the electricity back through another wire, then (this is the brilliant part) sends it right back to the customer again.

Your accuracy was impressive.

Your speed was 48 WPM

Wow! My paragraph seems to be a lot more difficult than others, especially with so many numbers which I have trouble with :p

liptea
03-29-2005, 04:25 AM
The exercise was
Some time after the Lion was caught in a trap, and the hunters who desired to carry him alive to the King, tied him to a tree while they went in search of a waggon to carry him on..Just then the little Mouse happened to pass by, and seeing the sad plight in which the Lion was, went up to him and soon gnawed away the ropes that bound the King of the Beasts.."Was I not right?" said the little Mouse..Little friends may prove great friends.

You typed
Some time after the Lion was caught in a trap, and the hunters who desired to carry him alive to the King, tied him to a tree while they went in search of a waggon to carry him on. Just then the little Mouse happened to pass by, and seeing the sad plight in which the Lion was, went up to him and soon gnawed away the ropes that boung the King of ? Beasts. "Was I not right?" said the little Mouse. Little friends may prove great friends. Your speed was 95 WPM with 2 mistakes (adjusted speed 93 WPM)

NATAS81
03-29-2005, 04:28 AM
lol. I've taken this before. You just search for "typing test" in MSN, google, yahoo, etc.

Usually I'm around 65-80 WPM with one or two mistakes.

El Legenda
03-29-2005, 05:05 AM
On my good day..i get in about 11wpm....took me 45 sec to type this :) j/k 60

J. Corwin
03-29-2005, 07:05 AM
I average around 70 WPM. :)

The exercise was

And that's why you've decided to start doing things yourself..You figure, "If those guys can fix my furnace, then so can I..How difficult can it be?" Very difficult..In fact, most home projects are impossible, which is why you should do them yourself..There is no point in paying other people to screw things up when you can easily screw them up yourself for far less money..This article can help you.

You typed

And that's hwy you've decided to start doing things yourself. You figure, "If those guys can fix my furnace, then so can I. How diffictul can it be?" Very diffictu. IN fact, most home projects are impossible, which is why yous should do them yourself. There is not point in paying other people to screw things up when you can easily screw them up yourself for far less money. This articl can help you.

Your speed was 81 WPM with 7 mistakes (adjusted speed 74 WPM)

PennyThePenguin
03-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Your speed was 64 WPM with 1 mistake (adjusted speed 63 WPM)

andylover_16
03-29-2005, 03:51 PM
You typed
A Lion used to prowl about a field in which Four Oxen used to dwell. Many a time he tried to attack them; but whenever he came near they turned their tails to one another, so that whichever way he approaced them he was met hy the horns of one of them

Your speed was 89 WPM with 3 mistakes (adjusted speed 86 WPM)

hmm..pretty good for a first try if i do say so myself :)

Eruwen
03-29-2005, 05:20 PM
The exercise was
"Be quiet now," said an old Nurse to a child sitting on her lap.."If you make that noise again I will throw you to the Wolf." Now it chanced that a Wolf was passing close under the window as this was said..So he crouched down by the side of the house and waited.."I am in good luck to-day," thought he.."It is sure to cry soon, and a daintier morsel I haven't had for many a long day."

You typed
"Be quiet now," said an old Nurse to a child sitting on her lap. "If you make that noise again I will throw you to the Wolf." Now it chanced that a Wolf was passing close under the window as this was said. So he crouched down by the side of the house and waited. "I am in good luck to-day," thought he. "It is sure to cry soon, and a daintier morsel I haven't had for many a long day."

Your accuracy was impressive. Your speed was 78 WPM

:scratch: I type faster when I can watch what I'm typing (instead of what I'm supposed to type) for some reason...

I'm better with the '10 key test' though... Did anyone try that?

The exercise was
5097.8 - 6164.01 ENTER
1871.48 - 131.47 ENTER
5795.18 / 4962.54 ENTER
5097.58 - 2449.19 ENTER
2885.63 * 1650.06 ENTER
6736.98 / 2603.19 ENTER
9260.62 / 3523.09 ENTER
9781.65 - 2276.47 ENTER
3836.22 * 1484.91 ENTER
1332.74 / 3325.21 ENTER

You typed
5097.8 - 6164.01 ENTER
1871.48 - 131.47 ENTER
5795.18 / 4962.54 ENTER
5097.58 - 2449.19 ENTER
2885.63 * 1650.06 ENTER
6736.98 / 2603.19 ENTER
9260.62 / 3523.09 ENTER
9781.65 - 2276.47 ENTER
3836.22 * 1484.91 ENTER
1332.74 / 3325.21 ENTER

Your speed was 13228 Keystrokes Per Hour

Evaluation: Excellent!
Very good, your accuracy as well as speed are impressive!

Yeah... that's what you get from feeding numbers to the computer all day long at work! :lol:

SuperFurryAnimal
03-29-2005, 08:29 PM
I suck :banana:

Me too...

Your speed was 41 WPM with 1 mistake (adjusted speed 40 WPM)
But then again I never had typing lessons... And I had a test with all these quotation marks in it... :sad:

Purple Rainbow
03-30-2005, 08:59 AM
I suck too! :sad:

I scored a 43 with 4 typos, making my adjusted speed 39 wpm. I blame it partially on the fact that I have a bit of a hangover, after catching up with friends last night! :)
I'll try this one again, when I've had some coffee and breakfast! :)

Pink Panther
03-30-2005, 09:23 AM
The exercise was
The Innkeeper said, "Why do you howl so fearfully?' "I will tell you," said the Thief, "but first let me ask you to hold my clothes, or I shall tear them to pieces..I know not, sir, when I got this habit of yawning, nor whether these attacks of howling were inflicted on me as a judgment for my crimes, or for any other cause; but this I do know, that when I yawn for the third time, I actually turn into a wolf and attack men."

You typed
The Innkeeper said, "Why do you howl so fearfully?' "I will tell you," said the Thief, "but first let me ask you to hold my clothes, or I shall tear them to pieces. I know not, sir, when I got this habit of yawning, nor whether these attacks of howling were inflicted on me as a judgment for my crimes, or for any other cause; but this I do know, that when I yawn for the third time, I actually trn into a wolf and attack men."

:ras: Your speed was 90 WPM with 1 mistake (adjusted speed 89 WPM)

zoltan83
03-30-2005, 09:52 PM
The exercise was
However, several of the airline representatives whom I spoke with told me that while they are pleased to accommodate passengers, it is a hassle for the flight attendants to do so once airborne..This explains why you are not asked on a regular basis by reservation agents if you desire a specialty meal.

You typed
However, several of the airline representatives whom I spoke with told me that while they are pleased to accommodate passengers, it is a hassle for the flight attendants to do so once airborne. This explains why you are not asked on a regular basis by reservation agents if you desire a specialty meal.

Your speed was 49 WPM

ZaZaGook
03-30-2005, 10:34 PM
The exercise was
A Hare was very popular with the other beasts who all claimed to be her friends..But one day she heard the hounds approaching and hoped to escape them by the aid of her many Friends..So, she went to the horse, and asked him to carry her away from the hounds on his back..But he declined, stating that he had important work to do for his master.

You typed
A Hare was very popular with the other beasts who all claimed to be her friends. But one day she heard the hounds approaching and hoped to escape them by the aid of her many Friends. So, she went to the horse, and asked him to carry her away from the hounds on his back. But he declined, stating that he had important work to do for his master.

Your speed was 102 WPM

Éowyn
03-31-2005, 02:34 AM
my problem is i can type really fast! but i can't read and type fast as i can type so i screw up! hehe
according to that test i type at 60 wpm but if someone was quoting it to me or it was a quote i knew, it'd be way faster.

DarkHorse
03-31-2005, 02:47 AM
The exercise was
For the millions of passengers braver than I, the specialty selections are vegetarian, kosher, child's meal, the fruit plate, and in some cases gluten-free, Asian vegetarian, as well as Hindu..I was informed by a USAir reservation agent that many people are catching on and becoming aware of the many options available to them.

You typed
For the millions of passengers braver than I, the specialty selections are vegetarioan, kosher, child's meal, the fruit plate, and in some cases gluten-free, Asian vegetarian, as wells as Hindu. I was informed by a USAir reservation agent that many people aree catching on and becoming aware of the many options available to them.

Your speed was 49 WPM with 3 mistakes (adjusted speed 46 WPM)
----
Wow Im slow :-/ oh well...ill try again

CooCooCachoo
03-31-2005, 07:04 AM
I took it again...

The exercise was
With the realm of snack food always expanding, one might think that the airlines would be inclined to broaden the offerings to say ....pretzels..On one flight I was fortunate enough to be served a snack of pretzels that were appealingly shaped as the letter "A".

You typed
With the realm of snack food always expanding, one might think that the airlines would be inclined to broaden the offerings to say ... pretzels. On one flight I was fortunate enough to be served a snack of pretzels that were appealingly shaped as the letter "A".

Your accuracy was impressive. Your speed was 106 WPM

HybridTheory
03-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Your speed was 28 WPM with 2 mistakes (adjusted speed 26 WPM)

:o :lol:

Deco
04-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh I suck:o
The exercise was
When the Woodman told the story to his companions, one of these was filled with envy of his good fortune and determined to try his luck for himself..So he went and began to fell a tree at the edge of the river, and presently contrived to let his axe drop into the water..Mercury appeared as before, and, on learning that his axe had fallen in, he dived and brought up a golden axe, as he had done on the previous occasion.

You typed
When the Woodman told the story to his companions, one of these was filled with envy of his good fortune and determined to try his luck for himself. So he went and began to fell a tree at the edge of the river, and presently contrived to let his axe drop into the water. mercury appeared as before, and, on learning that his axe had fallen in, he dived and brought up a golden axe, as he had done on the previous occasion.

Your speed was 50 WPM with 1 mistake (adjusted speed 49 WPM)

(well first time I had 111 faults...:eek: cuz I had forgotten a word:smash: all words after the missing words were fault....)

MissKoubek1981
04-02-2005, 06:39 AM
The exercise was
American business long ago gave up on demanding that prospective employees be honest and hardworking..It has even stopped hoping for employees who are educated enough that they can tell the difference between the men's room and the women's room without having little pictures on the doors.

You typed
American Business long ago gave up on demanding that prospective employees be honest and hardworking. It was even stopped hoping for employees who are educated enough that they can tell the difference between the men's room and the women's room without having little pictures on the doors.

Your speed was 38 WPM with 2 mistakes (adjusted speed 36 WPM)

God, you can see that I failed in typing in school (I really did! I had to have another examination at a later date to pass the class *lol*). :rolleyes:

Neely
04-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Words per minute.
Wow, but isn't that strange somehow to measure in "words per minute"? So if somebody gets an exercise with more short words than others, it's not a very reliable measurement :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
04-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Wow, but isn't that strange somehow to measure in "words per minute"? So if somebody gets an exercise with more short words than others, it's not a very reliable measurement :rolleyes:

Yes, I don't know how they measure this :scratch:

Rex
04-02-2005, 11:06 AM
23 wpm- wow im pretty shit at this.

Becarina
04-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Your speed was 98 WPM with 2 mistakes (adjusted speed 96 WPM)

Jennay
04-03-2005, 01:20 AM
I typed the whole thing and then my Internet Explorer says 'cannot find server.' :o I'll do it again when I'm not lazy. ;)

Fedex
04-03-2005, 05:32 AM
Not very fast, but I'm working on it.

Angle Queen
04-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Wow, but isn't that strange somehow to measure in "words per minute"? So if somebody gets an exercise with more short words than others, it's not a very reliable measurement :rolleyes:Yes, I don't know how they measure this :scratch:If it's anything like the old tests...a "word" is really defined as 5 keystrokes...I think. That's how they try to compensate for longer and shorter words.

And I'm really impressed with everyone's skill here...:)

Pancakesong
04-06-2005, 05:56 PM
first 58 with four mistakes and then 43 with 12 mistakes:o

knight_ley
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
I got 62 WPM :angel:

prima donna
01-06-2006, 05:32 AM
The exercise was
Luckily at the last moment peace was made, and no battle took place, so the Bat came to the Birds and wished to join in the rejoicings, but they all turned against him and he had to fly away..He then went to the Beasts, but soon had to beat a retreat, or else they would have torn him to pieces.."Ah," said the Bat, "I see now, he that is neither one thing nor the other has no friends."

You typed
Luckily at the last moment peace was made, and no battle took place, so the Bat came to the Birds and wished to join in the rejoicings, but they all turned against him and he had to fly away. He then went to the Beasts, but soon had to beat a retreat, or else they would have torn him to pieces. "Ah," said the Bat, "I see now, he that is neither one thing nor the other has no friends."

Your speed was 109 WPM

savesthedizzle
01-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Your speed was 85 WPM with 1 mistake (adjusted speed 84 WPM)

That was my first try... I can do better.

sonia
01-06-2006, 05:50 PM
The exercise was
Two Frogs lived together in a marsh..But one hot summer the marsh dried up, and they left it to look for another place to live in: for frogs like damp places if they can get them..By and by they came to a deep well, and one of them looked down into it, and said to the other, "This looks a nice cool place..Let us jump in and settle here." But the other, who had a wiser head on his shoulders, replied, "Not so fast, my friend..Supposing this well dried up like the marsh, how should we get out again?"

You typed
Two Frogs lived together in a marsh. But one hot summer the marsh dried up, and they left it to look for another place to live in: for forgs like damp places if they can get them. By and by they came to a deep well, and one of them looked down into it, and said to the other, "this looks a nice cool place. Let us jump in and settle here". But the other, who had a wiser head on his shoulders, replied, "Not so fast, my friend. Supposing this well dried up like the marsh, how should we get out again?

Your speed was 36 WPM with 4 mistakes (adjusted speed 32 WPM) :o (I'm a turtle)

Carito_90
01-06-2006, 06:55 PM
The exercise was
With the realm of snack food always expanding, one might think that the airlines would be inclined to broaden the offerings to say ....pretzels..On one flight I was fortunate enough to be served a snack of pretzels that were appealingly shaped as the letter "A".

You typed
With the realm of snack food always expanding, one might think that the airlines would be inclined to broaden the offerings to say ... pretzels. On one flight I was fortunate enough to be served a snack of pretzels that were appealingly shaped as the letter "A".

Your speed was 63 WPM

---

I can live with that for a first time. :lol:

superpinkone37
01-08-2006, 09:25 PM
47. :o

I know I can do better than that...I'll try again later lol.

Jennay
01-08-2006, 10:00 PM