Surly Safin: I won 2 Slams. Leave me alone. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Surly Safin: I won 2 Slams. Leave me alone.

Tennis Fool
03-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Basically that's the jist of the interview. Although he said he hints at still wanting to end the year #1

D. HRBATY/M. Safin
7-6, 6-1
An interview with:

MARAT SAFIN

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You appeared to lack focus today. I mean, mentally you seemed a little bit at sea. Was there a reason for that?

MARAT SAFIN: No, just I really didn't play well. I didn't felt good on the court. I just couldn't find my game.

Q. Have you felt comfortable since the Australian?

MARAT SAFIN: Some moments, yeah. But like, normally, like I said, this month I never play well. So for me it's nothing new.

Q. You don't like the heat here?

MARAT SAFIN: No, I don't like the ‑‑ just for some reason I don't play well in both Indian Wells and Miami.

Q. So in the future are you planning to take March off?

MARAT SAFIN: No, just I have to come back. I have to come back and try to improve my record.

Q. Do you put more pressure on yourself now that you are the Australian Open champion? Does that make a tournament like this that you struggle at traditionally even harder?

MARAT SAFIN: No. Personally, I don't have any pressure but just, you know, I am not playing well which is okay, but it's little bit disappointing of course not doing well in the big tournaments.

But the people, the people are talking, so I guess, you know, everybody's ‑‑ everybody gives own opinion about how I'm playing and how well should I do and maybe I have a little pressure, and "Maybe he is not focused enough because he won Australian Open."

I don't really care about this, but I am trying my best.

Q. So you feel like you're being psychoanalyzed more since you won in Australia?

MARAT SAFIN: Me, I'm not. Like I said always, I've done my things that I had to do, you know. I won the two Grand Slams, you know. I came back from, you know, like five years I didn't win any major. I won another one. So for me it's a big thing, and I don't really care about opinion of the other people who tries to be, you know ‑‑ put me not under pressure, but the people who gives me an opinion, you know, about, "He should do that." I think I had a pretty decent career, so I don't have nothing, no pressure at all.

Q. How angry does it make you when you're out there on the court knowing you have the potential to play championship tennis but, like you said, you can't find your game on that one day?

MARAT SAFIN: But that's like everybody is different. You cannot compare anybody to anybody. So people, when they are playing, they are playing not really good but they can just run around the court and try to put as many balls as they can. Personally, when I'm playing bad, I'm playing really bad. There's nothing I can do. Serve doesn't work. Backhand doesn't go the way it should be. And of course the forehand struggles. So with this kind of game, it's difficult to beat anybody. So I have to keep on working, keep on waiting for the best times to come.

Q. You're a pretty young guy and you're saying you've had a pretty decent career.

MARAT SAFIN: Exactly. But you know how many times I hear ‑‑

Q. Do you want Grand Slam No. 3 or 4?

MARAT SAFIN: You know how many times I hear stories about me "He should have done that, he should have won five majors, 10 Masters Series events, he should have won like 30 tournaments"? Who cares. It's my career. I have done it for seven years that I am on the tour. I've been like four years in Top 10, Top 5, and then I won, like, two majors, five Masters Series, I won a Davis Cup, so it's pretty good.

Q. So what do you want now for yourself? You're still playing?

MARAT SAFIN: Maintain myself there where I was, where I am right now, actually. Keep on working. Of course more tournaments will come. Just I'm a little bit tired, you know, like every time I hear opinions, "I should be there," or, "He should be doing this." It gets a little tiring.

Q. This tournament notwithstanding, you are the only man who has a chance to win the calendar Grand Slam. Having won the Australian, you are the only person who can win all four majors this year.

MARAT SAFIN: I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow. You're asking me already of winning another three majors. I mean, we are little bit ‑‑ little too far away for French Open, first of all.

Yes, there is a chance, but theoretically.

Q. Are you looking forward to the clay?

MARAT SAFIN: Yeah. I hope better times will come.

Q. You had a chance to gain ground on Roddick this week with his loss. Does it frustrate you that you weren't able to capitalize?

MARAT SAFIN: Who cares, to be honest. It's not like it's my goal, you know, pass Roddick. At the end of the season, when it counts basically. It's not like really ‑‑ I'm not counting the points right now because it's just the beginning of the season. The season is really still long. A lot of people, they gonna have ups and downs ‑ also me.

So we'll see the end of the year who gonna be more stable and who gonna be able to maintain himself in a higher position, and then we can discuss about this in October, if I've passed Roddick, Hewitt dropped, Federer, he gave us a chance for somebody to become No. 1 in the world, then it's interesting. Right now, it's not really important, you know. Important would be the ranking at the end of the season.

Q. You talked the other night about your efforts to try to hold your frustration in check during matches. Is that even harder to do on a hot day like this?

MARAT SAFIN: No, but I am used little bit to the heat. It has nothing to do with the heat.

Q. How did you think you did in that regard today, trying to stay after the match? Even in the second set, when it was getting away from you, keeping your frustration in check, how do you feel you did with that?

MARAT SAFIN: Wow...

The frustration not coming because ‑‑ it's difficult to deal, you know, with the situation when you are playing bad and you are losing, that's for sure. Everybody would have the same problem in my position for sure. I don't think if you would play the same way that I ‑‑ if you would feel the same thing what I felt today, I'm sure you would go crazy, also.

So let's not, you know, like to be, you know, "He should be little bit cooler," or, "He should pay more attention, concentrate more." It's really difficult to do on the court when basically you have your chances in the first set. Then it would be completely different story. But then the first set slipped, you know, slipped away. He was little bit lucky. Then the second set, you don't really find your game and the guy is playing better and better, and you're little bit ‑‑ you know that you had your chances in the first set, that second set would be a little bit different.

And it's just, you can see how the matches is going. It's really sad that you not be in the second round. So it's just kind of things that it's difficult to deal with in a match, especially in a match like this.

Q. You've played Dominik many times before. In your head‑to‑heads, it's 7‑all.

MARAT SAFIN: 7‑all.

Q. Therefore, coming into this match, you must have felt some pressure? Obviously, he knows how to play you. Did you decide to come with something different today, or did you have a specific strategy in your mind as to how you were going to win the match?

MARAT SAFIN: But as well is I know how to play against him. He's not going to come up with something incredible, new things to play against me. He's not going to play serve and volley or chip and charge all the time. He's not gonna do that. He's gonna stick to his game. It's me who has to be a little bit more creative and try to bring him in and all these things.

So I couldn't really make these shots to bring him in and make him slice, a little bit spin, change the rhythm, come to the net a couple of times. Just I couldn't find my game on the back ‑‑ from the baseline. That's where the trouble came. When I'm not feeling comfortable, he is feeling that, and he feels more confident, he's secure, and he's going for the shots. That's why the second set he played much better; he felt it.

Q. How did you feel after he won that let point in that tiebreaker? Were you thinking, "Today is not my day"?

MARAT SAFIN: It's frustrating when you have, you know, like when it's 6‑All in the tiebreak and you have this kind of just lucky shot, you know. Gives you set point and serving. So how...

Can't get more disappointing than that.

Q. You're one of the few top players that still plays doubles. How do you feel that's helping your game?

MARAT SAFIN: Not much (laughter).

I didn't really win a doubles match in a tournament since very long time. Trying to ‑‑ doubles is a little bit like a practice. You work on your serve, you work on your returns, you work on your volleys. Basically, if you don't go to practice, you go to play a doubles, let's put it this way ‑ and you get paid (smiling).

Q. Did you spend any time on South Beach when you're here?

MARAT SAFIN: No.

Q. Maybe you should start doing that?

MARAT SAFIN: I'm old enough to know what I have to do.

Q. Thought you could use another opinion.

MARAT SAFIN: (Smiling).

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...

Bibir
03-27-2005, 08:45 PM
he doesn't look very frustrated in this interview...Miami is not his tournament...that's it (end of discussion for him)....He knows he has to be ready for the clay season.

I would say : I won 2 slams..I'm tired but It ain't over till it's over.

blosson
03-27-2005, 08:47 PM
then he's off to the South Beach bars...

RickDaStick
03-27-2005, 09:00 PM
If you look at pictures after the match, Marat is having a good time. Go to Getty and you will see what i am talking about.

Tennis Fool
03-27-2005, 09:06 PM
he doesn't look very frustrated in this interview...Miami is not his tournament...that's it (end of discussion for him)....He knows he has to be ready for the clay season.

I would say : I won 2 slams..I'm tired but It ain't over till it's over.

Hi Bea :wavey: Haven't talked with you in ages.

Tennis Fool
03-27-2005, 09:07 PM
If you look at pictures after the match, Marat is having a good time. Go to Getty and you will see what i am talking about.
Why can't a good time translate into a good tournament :confused:

MariaV
03-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Right TF! :shrug:

Chloe le Bopper
03-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Oh well. Maybe he and Roger will face off during the clay season :) I'd like Coria to prevent that from stopping, but in a rare moment of Coria realism, I think if Fed and Safin are playing 100% that will be unlikely.

Regardless, I don't expect Marat to ever be as focussed and consistent as Federer, or how Hewitt was (and seems to be again). He'll have an awesome few weeks then take a loss. It makes him interesting ;)

That said, is it really that surprising that he lost to Hrbaty? :shrug: I don't consider this a shocking or bad loss.

Tennis Fool
03-27-2005, 09:27 PM
No. Actually its a rivalry. I'll pull up the thread.

Edited: Search engine has been disabled. Guess I won't. :p

Billabong
03-27-2005, 09:28 PM
lol thanks for the interview:hug:!

Tennis Fool
03-27-2005, 09:35 PM
No problem :wavey:

foul_dwimmerlaik
03-27-2005, 09:43 PM
That said, is it really that surprising that he lost to Hrbaty? :shrug: I don't consider this a shocking or bad loss.It's not. After Marat's perfomance vs. Labadze only the most insane of optimists could think that he had a realistic chance against Dominik, whom he never beat before on outdoor hard. It was sad, but inevitable.
Maybe he and Roger will face off during the clay season I'd like Coria to prevent that from stopping, but in a rare moment of Coria realism, I think if Fed and Safin are playing 100% that will be unlikely.Why did you have to say that? :(

Chloe le Bopper
03-27-2005, 09:54 PM
No. Actually its a rivalry. I'll pull up the thread.

Edited: Search engine has been disabled. Guess I won't. :p

It's cool, I looked it up :) 6-6 Dom now.

Chloe le Bopper
03-27-2005, 09:56 PM
It's not. After Marat's perfomance vs. Labadze only the most insane of optimists could think that he had a realistic chance against Dominik, whom he never beat before on outdoor hard. It was sad, but inevitable.[

I knew a thing or two about their H-H but didn't know that detail. Thanks!

Why did you have to say that? :(

I'm just setting us up to gloat later :angel:

Bibir
03-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Why can't a good time translate into a good tournament :confused:
:wavey: TF!
How's you?

If he can't make it good...at least he makes it look good! ;)

foul_dwimmerlaik
03-27-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm just setting us up to gloat later :angel:They're two of my favourite guys. *sigh* I'm still not sure how I got through the last year's Monte Carlo semi without getting MPD.

Bibir
03-27-2005, 10:33 PM
It's not. After Marat's perfomance vs. Labadze only the most insane of optimists could think that he had a realistic chance against Dominik, whom he never beat before on outdoor hard. It was sad, but inevitable.
(
I was not very optimist about today...but he needs to win (big) matches before RG if he wants his confidence back...I don't know what to think about his clay season. :shrug:

Tonight's words of wisdom :
"If you are going through hell, keep going."...don't worry, something big is waiting for you. :angel:
Sir Winston Churchill.

jacobhiggins
03-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Safin is a great player but today he was horrible. I'm not buying the who cares attitude he has, he knows hes in a huge slump. He's gonna have to to do something different to get his mental game back in par. I hate to say it, but the recent matches and the latest interview it really does seem like his stomach is full of AO title. He's not hungry anymore, which is a bad sign. I know winning the AO was huge, but at what price mentally has it played a factor in his recent losses. If he would have lost to Hewitt in the final, would he have been fired up and won or advanced much further in the tournaments following the AO? I know most players gain confidence after they win a slam, but were talking about Safin here lol, the opposite could occur. But he's a pretty decent Clay court player, better then most, so we'll see.

ftd999
03-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh well. Maybe he and Roger will face off during the clay season :) I'd like Coria to prevent that from stopping, but in a rare moment of Coria realism, I think if Fed and Safin are playing 100% that will be unlikely.

Regardless, I don't expect Marat to ever be as focussed and consistent as Federer, or how Hewitt was (and seems to be again). He'll have an awesome few weeks then take a loss. It makes him interesting ;)

That said, is it really that surprising that he lost to Hrbaty? :shrug: I don't consider this a shocking or bad loss.

Agree completely. His career has followed a pretty simple pattern. Good start to the year and then taper off into these tournaments. Then, he usually picks it back up on the red clay leading into the French, usually doing well in Hamburg, Monte Carlo, or one of those tournaments. Then, he sucks around Wimbledon, but usually wins or does well in one of the hard court masters leading into the USOpen. Then, at the end of the year he usually has a good tournament or two.

I think its a good idea to give yourself these mental breaks or else you'll just burn out. I think Hewitt has realized that and is doing it more as well. Federer is the one I worry about. He can't really keep winning all year, can he? I think if he keeps this up on the red clay, he's going to burst mentally and physically at some point.

jacobhiggins
03-27-2005, 11:04 PM
I don't think constantly winning is a bad thing, Federer just can't play every tournament that is available. Winning isn't the problem its how you win and at what cost. Safin i'm sure isn't going to be in the slump forever but losing like this isn't conserving energy or really doing anything helpful for Safin I think.

Daniel
03-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Marat, he just needs to be focus, his head is somewhere else, when he is on he is as good as Roger.

NalFedBlakeFan
03-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Of course I want Marat to do win more tourneys this year. But even though he lost early in his last two tournaments, he's still looking DAMN Fine doing it. I sometimes wish I was his towels.

Tennis Fool
03-28-2005, 12:48 AM
Safin is a great player but today he was horrible. I'm not buying the who cares attitude he has, he knows hes in a huge slump. He's gonna have to to do something different to get his mental game back in par. I hate to say it, but the recent matches and the latest interview it really does seem like his stomach is full of AO title. He's not hungry anymore, which is a bad sign. I know winning the AO was huge, but at what price mentally has it played a factor in his recent losses. If he would have lost to Hewitt in the final, would he have been fired up and won or advanced much further in the tournaments following the AO? I know most players gain confidence after they win a slam, but were talking about Safin here lol, the opposite could occur. But he's a pretty decent Clay court player, better then most, so we'll see.

You should see Marat's spring swing before he won the AO. Hint: Not much different :o

Tennis Fool
03-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Agree completely. His career has followed a pretty simple pattern. Good start to the year and then taper off into these tournaments.
Really? I see know rhyme or reason in Marat's carrer. 2000, he was fined for tanking the AO and end up that year beating Sampras at the Open.

ftd999
03-28-2005, 01:17 AM
Really? I see know rhyme or reason in Marat's carrer. 2000, he was fined for tanking the AO and end up that year beating Sampras at the Open.

It's not a perfect ebb and flow. But, in general, he's been fairly solid at AO, red clay masters (maybe Hamburg or Monte Carlo, etc.) leading into a decent French, one of the summer hard masters (Cinnci) leading into the open, and a late year tournament (Paris indoor, etc.). The rest has generally been weak. It's not perfect, but if you look back, I think there's somewhat of a pattern. Who knows though, I can't really explain Safin :p

alfonsojose
03-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Guys. He's in heaven right now after winning the AO. He has to wait almost 4 years and a half to shut up press, expectations, one hit wonder, wasted talent, etc. That's the way he is. Hot flashes and cold moments. He's not Federer. He doesn't want to much pressure on his shoulders. It has been enough for him. And he's smart. He'll be ready of clay season.

ys
03-28-2005, 01:42 AM
I am OK with his attittude.. If he tanks every single warmup ( and mind you, Miami is not even a warmup ) this spring but wins RG he'll be OK with that.. And I'll be OK with that too.. :)

WyveN
03-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Marat needs to be playing close to his best to keep winning matches, when he is not near his best he can lose to anyone. I dont think it has much to do with his head, just his high risk playing style, he said as much in the interview after the Labadze match.

Tennis Fool
03-28-2005, 01:46 AM
It's not a perfect ebb and flow. But, in general, he's been fairly solid at AO, red clay masters (maybe Hamburg or Monte Carlo, etc.) leading into a decent French, one of the summer hard masters (Cinnci) leading into the open, and a late year tournament (Paris indoor, etc.). The rest has generally been weak. It's not perfect, but if you look back, I think there's somewhat of a pattern. Who knows though, I can't really explain Safin :p
PS Sorry about the atrocious spelling errors in my post :eek:

WyveN
03-28-2005, 01:48 AM
I am OK with his attittude

there is a drect link between this attitude and the reason Safin had to wait 4 years between slams.

uNIVERSE mAN
03-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Agree completely. His career has followed a pretty simple pattern. Good start to the year and then taper off into these tournaments. Then, he usually picks it back up on the red clay leading into the French, usually doing well in Hamburg, Monte Carlo, or one of those tournaments. Then, he sucks around Wimbledon, but usually wins or does well in one of the hard court masters leading into the USOpen. Then, at the end of the year he usually has a good tournament or two.

I think its a good idea to give yourself these mental breaks or else you'll just burn out. I think Hewitt has realized that and is doing it more as well. Federer is the one I worry about. He can't really keep winning all year, can he? I think if he keeps this up on the red clay, he's going to burst mentally and physically at some point.

That's nonsense. If you want a mental break like you say go take the time off, not enter a tournament and lose early to save energy, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Can't keep winning? So I guess losing on purpose is an option and a benefit in the long term? Safin explained best why he can't win when he's off, he talks about risk in his game. That's due to his flat groundies style, he loses his contact point very easily and ends up losing to anyone.

Federer wins matches within his own ability, he doesn't normally struggle to win and end up in a hospital like Hewitt, he plays within himself. Maybe you need to go see some of Ivan Lendl's yearly W/L records to see that it can be done year in and year out.

mickymouse
03-28-2005, 04:03 AM
That's the difference between Safin and Federer...Federer can lose concentration and play well below his best but still pull off a win...... not Safin.

ftd999
03-28-2005, 06:32 AM
That's nonsense. If you want a mental break like you say go take the time off, not enter a tournament and lose early to save energy, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Can't keep winning? So I guess losing on purpose is an option and a benefit in the long term? Safin explained best why he can't win when he's off, he talks about risk in his game. That's due to his flat groundies style, he loses his contact point very easily and ends up losing to anyone.

Federer wins matches within his own ability, he doesn't normally struggle to win and end up in a hospital like Hewitt, he plays within himself. Maybe you need to go see some of Ivan Lendl's yearly W/L records to see that it can be done year in and year out.

I didn't say anything about losing on purpose. I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was talking about the near endless mental and physical grind of having to play extremely high level tennis week in and week out, and the effects it can have.

There have been a ridiculous number of injuries the last couple years on both the men's and women's side. Taking time off is fine, which is what I think Hewitt has been doing more of. And I worry that if Federer continues to win every tournament through the red clay season, it must take some toll, both mentally and physically.

And bringing up Lendl isn't fair, he wasn't human.

foul_dwimmerlaik
03-28-2005, 06:54 AM
I am OK with his attittude.. If he tanks every single warmup ( and mind you, Miami is not even a warmup ) this spring but wins RG he'll be OK with that.. And I'll be OK with that too.. :)I don't think he was tanking. It just seems that for whatever reasons, he truly and honestly can't play good in these events. Can't be changed.

drf716
03-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Q. You're one of the few top players that still plays doubles. How do you feel that's helping your game?

MARAT SAFIN: Not much (laughter).

hahaha!

Experimentee
03-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Safin seems to be satisfied with winning the AO after so many years of trying to get a 2nd Slam, and hes having a letdown now. He doesnt seem to have a lot of ambition. I wonder why it bothers him for people to say he should have done more, I think thats more a compliment to his talent, to say that hes even capable of that. The fact is he has the talent to have done so much more, and he has to admit it and start to aim higher instead of being satisfied with 2 Slams.
That said, we must also give Hrbaty credit for playing well and beating him on the day, slump or not, Hrbaty has always beaten or challenged Safin in these conditions, so the win cant totally be attributed to Safin's letdown.

perrygreen
03-28-2005, 01:08 PM
I doubt anyone can fully understand Marat. Personally, I don't think he doesn't have ambitions to do well but he lacks the mental part to fulfill his ambitions. It seems that he always puts himself under great pressure and he shows no sign of capability to handle it. "A legendary headcase" well concludes his case.:help:

Neely
03-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Damn, I can really feel it like Marat must feel every time he is facing these questions :rolleyes: Sure, he played a bad match but all that is nothing new for the media or for him and everytime, every fucking time the same thing at press conferences... for me it would be really annoying and I can understand most of his answers very well ("it's my career", "I won 2 slams....")... I think at some time I would lose my composure if I faced the same shit again and again and all that being as after having won so many important titles... :(

TheBoiledEgg
03-28-2005, 02:45 PM
i see the problem

grow back that beard (or whatever it was) and that bum bluff of a moustache.

WyveN
03-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Damn, I can really feel it like Marat must feel every time he is facing these questions :rolleyes: Sure, he played a bad match but all that is nothing new for the media or for him and everytime, every fucking time the same thing at press conferences... for me it would be really annoying and I can understand most of his answers very well ("it's my career", "I won 2 slams....")... I think at some time I would lose my composure if I faced the same shit again and again and all that being as after having won so many important titles... :(

the top tennis players earn hundreds of thousands of dollars almost weekly, I really don't think doing a 5 minute press conference after a match is much of a bother.

Bibir
03-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Marat needs to be playing close to his best to keep winning matches, when he is not near his best he can lose to anyone. I dont think it has much to do with his head, just his high risk playing style, he said as much in the interview after the Labadze match.
I agree, when he's not playing at his best it's difficult for him to deal with the situation and he can lose to anyone.

That's why he says very often "When I'm playing bad, I'm really playing bad".

But it has to do with his head because he thinks that there's nothing he can do and doesn't really focus on these kind of matches.

ys
03-28-2005, 05:53 PM
For one, Zhenya has never really cared about IW/Miami too.. Smart guys, those Russians..

amon84
03-28-2006, 03:26 PM
u kwno what?
I think that it's when ppl don't expect Marat to win that he actually wins! Even if he says he doesn't feel pressure, I am sure he does. He was the first to beat Federer in AO 2005 and ppl expect him to compete with both Federer and Nadal!
He was out for 7 months and everybody expects him to beat these players already. Just give him some time! I am sure Marat is still very ambitious...I am sure not many of you are usual members of his official forum. Many times, he made us declarations and he seemed to be reallydetermined to come back but...it takes some time. So stop making conclusions and saying that Marat is not hungry anymore, it's not true.
I read many of Marat's interviews ( I translate them into French for my website) and when he loses Marat is really pissed off. I can understand that...so you shloud not really judge what he says when he loses...

mer
03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
:confused: Amon, this thread is one year old.

alfonsojose
03-28-2006, 04:15 PM
:tape:

Billabong
03-28-2006, 04:18 PM
:lol:

fadou
03-29-2006, 06:24 AM
:lol: :lol: too funny

but to everybody:
do you think marat is able to compete federer-safin for the next turnment?

MariaV
03-29-2006, 06:41 AM
but to everybody:
do you think marat is able to compete federer-safin for the next turnment?
NO. If you really need to know. :lol:

fadou
03-29-2006, 08:12 AM
NO. If you really need to know. :lol:

i like a lot of the game of safin, i wanted to say for the next turnmentS this season and on the clay for example
in my opinion, yes he is able to compete roger and nadal also on clay but only when he is focused...

Meeek
03-29-2006, 08:40 AM
i like a lot of the game of safin, i wanted to say for the next turnmentS this season and on the clay for example
in my opinion, yes he is able to compete roger and nadal also on clay but only when he is focused...

...and fit. ;)

Ales_Alessandra
03-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Amon what is your website? I would like to see it, is that ok?
I do belive Marat can play in equal conditons against Federer and Nadal! But this will depend, if he is focused and good shape. In fact I believe that Before Nadal and Federer, Safin has to deal with Safin. With his confidence up hill I think he won't lose to anyone!!!!

{Annie}
03-29-2006, 09:55 AM
:confused: Amon, this thread is one year old.

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

amon84
03-29-2006, 03:52 PM
:haha:

I didn't even notice the date!!!So so strange! It's just taht the situation didn't really evolve since the thread was posted! I feel so so stupid!

Amon what is your website? I would like to see it, is that ok?

My website is 100% MARAT (http://maratsafin.atspace.com). It's a French speaking website (with pics, news, interviews...) and as I've told you I translate the interviews into French!

stebs
03-29-2006, 03:57 PM

Maybe. I think Safin has received too many plaudits for his victory over Federer in the Australian Open in '05. It was a great match and Marat deserved the victory and well done to him.

However, Roger holds a 7-2 career record over him.

Bibir
03-29-2006, 04:02 PM
...and fit. ;)
Your avatar is orgasmic Meek. :hearts:

Meeek
03-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Your avatar is orgasmic Meek. :hearts:

Glad to be of help.

;)

R.Federer
03-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Glad to be of help.

;)

Not to offend anyone, but Marat looks a little bit like ..... Jesus Christ there!

Meeek
03-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Not to offend anyone, but Marat looks a little bit like ..... Jesus Christ there!

I wouldn't know, I've never met Jesus Christ ;)

R.Federer
03-29-2006, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't know, I've never met Jesus Christ ;)
Yeah, yeah.... :lol:
His long hair and "serene" look does it
But yeah, never seen an picture of this man where he has looked bad. NEVER

Meeek
03-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah, yeah.... :lol:
His long hair and "serene" look does it
But yeah, never seen an picture of this man where he has looked bad. NEVER

But I do get what you mean though.
I think some people called it Priest like, in the old fashioned way. ;) Who's he trying to fool anyway eh? ;)

Tennis Fool
04-01-2006, 08:54 PM
He does NOT look like Federer! ;) :p

NATAS81
04-01-2006, 09:00 PM
He would need to lose the curls to achieve such appeal.

bellascarlett
04-01-2006, 11:00 PM
omg this is funny...:lol: