ouaou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats gael!!!he reach the 4th round!

bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :yeah:

Black Adam
03-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I am sure he is now into top 100 No?

Black Adam
03-27-2005, 09:33 PM
That's a hell of a perfomance 24 aces and holding his nerve in the 3rd set tiebreak
Weldone!

foul_dwimmerlaik
03-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Good Gael. At least something to cheer me up.

richard gasquet
03-27-2005, 09:37 PM
That's a hell of a perfomance 24 aces and holding his nerve in the 3rd set tiebreak
Weldone!

right!!! :yeah:

-wokkel-
03-27-2005, 09:49 PM
well done!!

darnyelb
03-27-2005, 09:50 PM
how effing cool! To think I thought little of this kid when I saw him on TV last summer. Good going, Gael... sounds like he's gonna be a fun one to watch.

Tennis Fool
03-27-2005, 10:15 PM
how effing cool! To think I thought little of this kid when I saw him on TV last summer.
Really? Why?

Chloe le Bopper
03-27-2005, 10:19 PM
I am sure he is now into top 100 No?
I was about to ask that. He gets 75 entry points for the 4th round, if I'm not mistaken. And has 339 right now. So seeing as 417 is the cutoff for the top 100 right now, depending on what the guys around him do, it looks like he might crack it. This is only his 18th (over the last 52 weeks, that is) tournament, so he won't have any points falling off.

Argentine girl
03-27-2005, 10:24 PM
There you go, Gael. I believe you can beat Dominik.
I can't wait for the match between you and Nadal any longer. Please come any time soon.

tennischick
03-27-2005, 11:05 PM
and to think folks questioned whether he deserved the wildcard *sniff*

congrats baby. keep it going :hearts:

Chloe le Bopper
03-27-2005, 11:09 PM
I think this calls for Saumon's wonderful (former) avatar :devil:

ftd999
03-27-2005, 11:11 PM
There you go, Gael. I believe you can beat Dominik.
I can't wait for the match between you and Nadal any longer. Please come any time soon.

I wonder if that match would be televised. This is another good win for Monfils, I'm glad to see it. And the draw has opened up nicely for him. What's funny is that I read somewhere that he wasn't even going to play this tournament. Someone (either he or his coach) felt it would be better to go work on fitness in the Alps, but I guess he took a wildcard at the last second.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
03-27-2005, 11:11 PM
great job Gael!!!
when could he crash with Roger?
would be funny to watch!

ftd999
03-27-2005, 11:12 PM
I think this calls for Saumon's wonderful (former) avatar :devil:

Good one, but this one is appropriate as well:

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/gallery/gallery.asp?current=4701&txtPlayerSearch=&txtTeamSearch=&sbmStatus=custom&id=58&type=&set=3#mid

PaulieM
03-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Good Job Gael!!! keep up the awesome work, top 100 here you come!!! :aparty:

darnyelb
03-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Really? Why?

I thought he was a poor man's Roddick at the time. Was pretty bored in general watching him. Maybe it was the level of play required for the juniors?

But everytime I see footage of him as a pro he's pretty exciting to watch.

ugotlobbed
03-28-2005, 01:37 AM
i wish they showed monfiils matches

Paialii
03-28-2005, 01:38 AM
That's cool. Wishing him the best of luck in his next round. :)

ftd999
03-28-2005, 01:45 AM
and to think folks questioned whether he deserved the wildcard *sniff*

congrats baby. keep it going :hearts:

Really, did someone actually question whether he deserved the WC? I haven't checked stats, but I think he's won every 1st round WC that I've seen? Plus, he's had some wins over highly ranked opponents and won a challenger recently. That's a lot more than can be said for most of these WC's (I can think of a couple guys that continously get WC and that never win, and I'm not talking about Young).

Tennis Fool
03-28-2005, 01:53 AM
The kidz are coming: Nadal and Monfils into the 4th rd. Who do they play?

Clara Bow
03-28-2005, 01:57 AM
Although it is not likely to happen, I would love it if they do show Gael's and Nadal's 4th round matches on tv.

These two fellows are young (i.e. the future of tennis coming into its own) and both have personality on court. I have enjoyed all of Nadel's pro matches that I have seen on tv and would love to catch Gael- have only seen him playing juniors on tv so far.

euroka1
03-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Looks great. It's splendid to see the young one's coming up!

MissMoJo
03-28-2005, 02:04 AM
Yes! Keep it up Gael :bigclap:

ftd999
03-28-2005, 02:06 AM
The kidz are coming: Nadal and Monfils into the 4th rd. Who do they play?

Yes, I think you're looking at some of the future of tennis, and I'd love to see them square off. Nadal plays Ljubicic (in another great match that will not be televised) in what will likely be a very tough match. Monfils has Hrbaty and then probably JCF if he gets by him. Nadal will probably have to get by Moya if he can beat Ljubo. It's very doubtful that they'll play each other here.

whosnext
03-28-2005, 02:48 AM
gael definitely deserves the wildcards until his ranking gets high enough when he doesn't need them anymore. donald young on the other hand should play more challengers or futures to get his ranking up and shouldn't just be getting his ranking up by losing first round in these tournaments.

federer_roar
03-28-2005, 03:11 AM
Allez monfils! Now I get 3rd round TV coverage , good luck to your next round against Hrbaty.

ftd999
03-28-2005, 03:14 AM
gael definitely deserves the wildcards until his ranking gets high enough when he doesn't need them anymore.

He may not need them anymore after this tournament. Regardless, within a month or two, he definitely won't need them anymore :)

uNIVERSE mAN
03-28-2005, 03:16 AM
Good effort by Monfils, but Hrbaty is a different level.

ftd999
03-28-2005, 03:28 AM
Good effort by Monfils, but Hrbaty is a different level.

Agreed. And there may be some fitness issues as he's had three long three setters in a row. And it's damn humid down there in Miami. Still, he beat Davydenko, a top 15 player (top 10 by race), who's got some pop on his groundies and has been having a very solid year. I think it's a winnable match for Monfils, but Hrbaty's got a lot of experience. I tend to think Hrbaty will take it, although I'd like to see Monfils have a real break out tournament here.

Either way, he's having a very good first year on the main tour.

CooCooCachoo
03-28-2005, 11:02 AM
It's a good win, but it is a third-set tie-break win over Lee. Let's not get too enthusiastic.

richard gasquet
03-28-2005, 12:01 PM
It's a good win, but it is a third-set tie-break win over Lee. Let's not get too enthusiastic.

of course but lee is the one who beat youzni in two sets,not a bad player I think :p

about hrbaty thats clear that it will be different but gael can do it with his strong willness to beat top players and progress in the classment. :)

AND even if he lost no shame about it, great tournament for him :yeah:

Choupi
03-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Come on Gaël. Keep on the good job! :p

David Kenzie
03-28-2005, 12:24 PM
If he wins he will probably be ranked in the 80s if not he will be about 100th. Either way he has already made good use of his Wild Cards.

Experimentee
03-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Well done Gael and great tournament, although I hope you lose the next round.
Lee is a good win, as he was in good form, having thrashed Youznhy, and is at his best on hardcourts. Before Lee he also had some great wins against Llodra and Davydenko, so you can see this kid is for real. I'm looking forward to seeing him play a full match, still spewing that I missed both his matches when he was at the AO.

Chloe le Bopper
03-28-2005, 01:39 PM

It's not the individual win that is exciting, it's the overall result - which is three wins in a row in a big event.

It hurts that I needed to explain that.

CooCooCachoo
03-28-2005, 02:08 PM
It's not the individual win that is exciting, it's the overall result - which is three wins in a row in a big event.

It hurts that I needed to explain that.

Every big event like this will have one or more low-ranked players advance. With so many players, it is inavoidable that big players drop and others get easy draws. It is a good effort of Monfils, but we already knew that he is very talented and has got a big game. I am not surprised that he beat both Llodra and Lee (yes I am surprised he beat Davydenko, but then again Nikolay is not always that consistent). He has the game to trouble and beat most players, so I find nothing new and exciting in this.

And try an ice pack for the hurt.

BaselineSmash
03-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Let's not under-sell Lee too much. His overall career has been a mere blip on the tennis radar, but he's had some quality results. Beating Roddick, Ferrero, Ferreira and Lapentti to win Sydney was an admirable achievement to say the least. Grosjean was at his best on the lawns of England in 2004, and Lee was just two games away from closing him out(at 4-1) in the Queens semis, before he suffered a dip in form that cost him dearly. And he ran both Sampras and Agassi to three sets in 2002 and 2001 respectively, in events in which the Americans were playing some decent ball, if a little off from their superlative best.