help help help help help help help [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

help help help help help help help

Rex
03-27-2005, 10:46 AM
I need help badly. I got a first round match of a tournament tomorrow- and when i was servin this morning i got realy bad abdominal pains. I serve quite fast- and i put in quite a lot of power and effort- (if the information helps)

Can someone tell me what it could be- or even how to help it.
Thanks in advance

ae wowww
03-27-2005, 10:48 AM
:lol: A strain?!?

iliketennis
03-27-2005, 10:51 AM
What is your level of fitness?

Rex
03-27-2005, 10:54 AM
i have a decent level of fitness- i work-out and do skipping everyday. I dont how to explain my fitness, but i think my level of fitness is at least decent.

iliketennis
03-27-2005, 11:07 AM
explain more about the pain... Was it sudden after your service motion, or was it gradually onset after the serve? Where abouts, eg. left lower abdominal.

iliketennis
03-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Ok, seems you have not replied. You should ice the area for around 10-20 mins right now. Then tomorrow, you should apply a hot face cloth or heat pack to the injured area for 10-20 minutes also. The ice should reduce swelling and the heat will loosen the muscles. Do both in the written order. Maybe you should try one crunch or twist to see how severe the injury is. If it really hurts from the crunch or twist, then i don't think playing would be good for it.

Rex
03-27-2005, 11:40 AM
the pain is sudden after the service motion- and as i serve more it gets worse.
It feels like its something inside, like a stomache ache. But i know it is not. THanks for the tips iliketennis

CooCooCachoo
03-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Good luck recovering :)

Rex
03-27-2005, 11:43 AM
thanks coo

RonE
03-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Speedy recovery- be careful. You don't want to aggravate abdominal strains by playing too soon- it could sideline you for a long time...

ftd999
03-27-2005, 04:57 PM
I need help badly. I got a first round match of a tournament tomorrow- and when i was servin this morning i got realy bad abdominal pains. I serve quite fast- and i put in quite a lot of power and effort- (if the information helps)

Can someone tell me what it could be- or even how to help it.
Thanks in advance

I've gotten this as well. I think it happens when you try to serve to hard to fast. Unfortunately for me, I was done for that day, as it is very difficult to go on. I think it was some sort of abdominal pull in the muscle, and I've gotten it a few times. For me, they would go away in a few days with rest. But I would not try to play, only rest it.

Still, you probably shouldn't take medical advice from a board. Better to rest and get it checked out by a doctor, than to play and do some kind of permanent damage. :)