Sometimes, good news deserves its own thread. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Sometimes, good news deserves its own thread.

Deboogle!.
03-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Well, except for the last line :o
==========
MRI confirms only mild sprain for Roddick

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. (AP) — Andy Roddick's right wrist injury is only a mild sprain and he should resume light activity in five days.

Roddick hurt his wrist Friday during his opening match at the Nasdaq-100 Open and retired trailing Fernando Verdasco in the second set. He underwent an MRI exam that confirmed the mild sprain, ATP Tour trainer Doug Spreen said Saturday.

Roddick's next scheduled tournament is at Houston beginning April 18.

Jennay
03-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Thank God.

Quick recovery for Andy! :bounce: :woohoo: :hug: :hug:

am&a
03-26-2005, 11:30 PM
my reaction:
yay! (:
boo. d:

williaer
03-27-2005, 12:28 AM
thank goodyness he'll be fixed soon!
that means he can get his bootiful booty bk onto the CLAY practice courts...
god knows he needs all the time he can get!!!!

get well andy, you jerk!

Devotee
03-27-2005, 02:07 AM
Well, except for the last line :o

Roddick's next scheduled tournament is at Houston beginning April 18.

I almost feel like Andy's rationalizing to himself that this mild sprain justifies
his skipping Monte Carlo! :mad: :bs:

:fiery: NO NO NO, ANDY, NO!!! :fiery:

WTF (Am I allowed to use cuss words where Andy's concerned? :tape: ) is the guy thinking? :help: Who can knock some sense into him? :confused: Apparently not his coach! Apparently not his fans! :rolleyes:

If a whole gang of us grab him and shake him real hard for 10 minutes, will
that do the trick? :smash:

Deboogle!.
03-27-2005, 02:10 AM
I couldn't agree with you more, Devotee, but I get the impression that he simply never intended to make the extra trip overseas for Monte Carlo, even before this injury.

Part of me was hoping that after his press conference, someone would remind him that the 2005 schedule is different from 2004 (when Houston WAS before MC)... but it seems not, as it's now been said many times and many places that he's not playing til Houston.

If I were actually confident that he'd put in a decent showing at Rome and Hamburg and RG, I might not care as much, but well.... nothing more needs to be said about that :tape: :help:

I like the shaking idea, I'll be one of the 10 to help :)

Devotee
03-27-2005, 02:16 AM
I get the impression that he simply never intended to make the extra trip overseas for Monte Carlo, even before this injury.

Where did you get this impression?

Deboogle!.
03-27-2005, 02:26 AM
Where did you get this impression?

He didn't play last year, has never done well there, and with the quickness with how EVERYONE said that Houston was his next tournament, it just makes sense.

The only place that did say he was playing is his official site - and they have certainly gotten his schedule wrong in the past.

I just find it hard to believe that Andy doesn't know the calendar, and when he was asked yesterday when he plans to play next or whatever, it was just very quick right to Houston, not one mention of MC anywhere by anyone, not even the press. Too bad someone from the press didn't interject "oh, you're not going to Monte Carlo?" but they didn't. :(

Plus, I tend to assume that he'll do the stupid thing - and not playing MC would be a stupid thing to do :p

Devotee
03-27-2005, 02:32 AM
Plus, I tend to assume that he'll do the stupid thing - and not playing MC would be a stupid thing to do :p

Rightly or wrongly, this attitude demonstrates to the rest of the world the American disdain for clay and also perhaps fear of clay. :unsure:

Deboogle!.
03-27-2005, 02:37 AM
Rightly or wrongly, this attitude demonstrates to the rest of the world the American disdain for clay and also perhaps fear of clay. :unsure:

Yea, I agree. But we're not gonna get him to change, sadly :( I'm surprised that Dean would put up with it, to be perfectly honest... Todd made the best of his clay abilities, I think - even winning Barcelona. and IMO Andy's game would be better for clay than Todd's. But I guess if you look at Todd's history, he only played MC a couple of times, too.

Sigh. I don't know...

MisterQ
03-27-2005, 03:09 AM
But what about the brain sprain? ;)

Deboogle!.
03-27-2005, 03:11 AM
that seems to be irreparable :(

Havok
03-27-2005, 04:25 AM
But what about the brain sprain? ;)
Q you didn't get Andy's request for tits and boobies to be at his hotel room during the Nasdaq tournament?

MisterQ
03-27-2005, 04:47 AM
Q you didn't get Andy's request for tits and boobies to be at his hotel room during the Nasdaq tournament?

I tried, but they were intercepted by the Safin camp. :shrug:

J. Corwin
03-27-2005, 04:49 AM
I almost feel like Andy's rationalizing to himself that this mild sprain justifies
his skipping Monte Carlo! :mad: :bs:

In theory he now has a little extra time to prepare himself for the clay swing and I think he might play MC if it were scheduled after Houston. :) It isn't this year, so.... :o

In all honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Andy pulled out of two of the clay TMS's. ;)

The bright side: Andy knows how to play on clay since the clay of Houston is supposed to be the same as Euro clay. Houston can act as a place for Andy to get his clay feet wet before taking on the bigger guns in Europe. :cool:

Deboogle!.
03-27-2005, 04:51 AM
In all honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Andy pulled out of two of the clay TMS's. ;)

No, he won't. because I will KILL him if he does. He got away with it last year because he was in a fire and saved people's lives. No, not gonna get away with that again.

Havok
03-27-2005, 04:54 AM
I tried, but they were intercepted by the Safin camp. :shrug:
:haha:

tangerine_dream
03-27-2005, 05:42 AM
It's only a mild sprain :woohoo:

I hope Rome comes burning down again so that Andy will have a good excuse to skip the clay season again. :p :tape:

MissFairy
03-27-2005, 11:07 AM
ooo im relieved its only a mild sprain :dance:

Houston? :fiery: wow, we do know him well, hes skipping MC to play an american clay event, that messes up everything, his schedule his travelling :ras: its the Andy we al know and want to shake hard...yup things are back to normal :(

will he ever play MC? ever? :shrug:

Black Adam
03-27-2005, 01:11 PM
If a whole gang of us grab him and shake him real hard for 10 minutes, will
that do the trick? :smash:
:lol: Well hope fully he covers up^for skipping MC by some ggod results in Rome Paris and Hambourg :(

Black Adam
03-27-2005, 01:14 PM
If he skips Rome he might as well go on the grasscourts and start preparing for Wimby and forget Clay Season
At least the injury isn't serious
P.S. Has he ever played in MC?

blosson
03-27-2005, 02:01 PM
yes he has, i have put a picture of andy flying over Monaco in the Monte Carlo thread, i think it was 2003

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1417707&postcount=7

Deboogle!.
03-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Yea, Rodney, he played in 2002 and 2003

He made R16 in 2002 (which was by far his best clay season ever) and lost first round in 2003.

oh, this doesn't make the news sound quite as good :unsure: But, again, sounds like definitely no Monte Carlo...
-------------------
Roddick, wrist in cast, hopes for April 18 return

-- Charles Bricker
Posted March 27 2005

Andy Roddick's sprained right wrist has been placed in a cast, and he will not pick up a racket for at least seven or eight days, his spokesman said Saturday. An MRI taken Friday night after he retired from his second-round match against Fernando Verdasco shows considerable inflammation but no structural damage.

Roddick was described as "definitely in" one of his favorite tournaments, the U.S. Clay Court Championships in Houston, beginning April 18, where he was runner-up to Tommy Haas a year ago. He is not certain, however, to play an exhibition event in Houston, River Oaks, on April 14-15.

snaillyyy
03-27-2005, 02:55 PM
:awww: doesnt sound good at all :sad:

Tytta!.
03-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Andy :retard:

Deb, do you want some help killing him?:o

Deboogle!.
03-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Yea it might take a bunch of us :smash: :armed:

Tytta!.
03-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Well, you can count on me :o

PinkFeatherBoa
03-27-2005, 07:33 PM
-------------------

Roddick was described as "definitely in" one of his favorite tournaments, the U.S. Clay Court Championships in Houston, beginning April 18, where he was runner-up to Tommy Haas a year ago. He is not certain, however, to play an exhibition event in Houston, River Oaks, on April 14-15.

Now where did I put my pointy healed shoe?

Tytta!.
03-27-2005, 07:41 PM
It's here with me ;)

Deboogle!.
03-27-2005, 07:42 PM
You can borrow mine, Jenny :)

blosson
03-27-2005, 07:44 PM
andy's favourite championships comprise of mickey mouse tournaments with no top players, nothing new there. it would help if he wins it this time then.

Deboogle!.
04-02-2005, 08:01 PM
This is on the site of the exhibition Andy's supposed to play with Mardy next week...

"You may have read in the Houston Chronicle this past Saturday that Andy Roddick withdrew from his 2nd round match at the NASDAQ 100 tournament in Miami. He was experiencing pain in his wrist during the match. We have spoken with his agent and have been informed that it is not serious and he is intending on playing the exhibition match on Thursday evening of our tournament."

So that means he's supposed to be ok to play a full exhibition match less than a week from now...

Devotee
04-02-2005, 09:17 PM
exhibition Andy's supposed to play with Mardy next week...

". . . he is intending on playing the exhibition match on Thursday evening of our tournament."

So that means he's supposed to be ok to play a full exhibition match less than a week from now...

Question is . . . will Andy give this match his all?
What's his motivation for playing? Surely he doesn't need the money that bad. Just playing this one match with Mardy isn't going to help him play better on European clay. Andy could be practicing instead. :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
04-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Well, playing Mardy on clay isn't great practice under any circumstances - Mardy cannot move on clay at all. But it's better than nothing. He's not playing a clay tournament til April 18, this is a full 11 days before that tournament begins - and I'd say he probably won't just show up on the 7th without stepping foot on clay before then - so it means he's practicing and hitting on clay for probably about 2 weeks before a tournament, before the season begins. That can only be a good thing - esp. compared to last year when he went to Houston immediately from Delray Beach which was immediately after Miami - this year he should be much better-rested and hopefully less mentally exhausted, too.

If he's on the court - even in a meaningless exho against Mardy, at least he's out on the court on a red clay court, instead of on his couch or boat or in a bar :p

blosson
04-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Hasn't Mardy beaten a Spanish player at last years DC?

Deboogle!.
04-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Yea, but it's Robredo, and... he was only mildly drunk :p Plus it was a dead rubber - it's a lot easier to swing freely in those situations :p Trust me, Mardy is not good on clay. Maybe this year he'll do better b/c he's fitter and stuff, but not only that - his gamestyle isn't really all that well-suited for clay and movement is his biggest weakness in his game, so that will be horribly exploited on the dirt.

Deboogle!.
04-03-2005, 06:39 AM
from the Houston Chronicle....
--------------------
Tournament director and River Oaks head pro Van Barry says Andy Roddick's exhibition match against Mardy Fish on Thursday evening will be played as scheduled despite Roddick's having to withdraw from the Nasdaq in the second round last week with a wrist injury.

"I've kept in touch with Andy's people and they've assured me he's OK," Barry said.

RoddickBabe10
04-03-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm glad that his injury isn't as bad as I thought it was (with the rumors and all) so *phew!*

Anyway, I hope the best for him during the clay season. He sure needs it.

SO we won't get any tennis on tv til RG?!! :fiery:

Devotee
04-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Tournament director and River Oaks head pro Van Barry says
"I've kept in touch with Andy's people and they've assured me he's OK,"[/QUOTE]

Are we to assume that Andy was overly cautious about his injury during the Nasdaq? :unsure:

Becarina
04-03-2005, 09:32 AM
what has he been doing in his "off" (for lack of better word) time?

blosson
04-03-2005, 10:55 AM
1) Technically he is supposed to be healing from his wrist sprain.

2) Theoretically, he was running away from a 1st round loss in Miami

3) Realistically, he just wanted to be home to catch up on American idol :) nah, it was probably a combination of 1) and he probably wanted to be sure he doesn't damage his wrist even more

Becarina
04-03-2005, 11:24 AM
I heard he was out at some clubs here in Austin.... :confused:

Deboogle!.
04-03-2005, 04:43 PM
We always "hear" he was out in clubs in Austin. It wouldn't be surprising, but there's no point in gossiping about rumors.

Devotee, probably that is true - he said that the trainer told him there was an element of risk if he had continued to play. I don't think he wanted to mess with his wrist, y'know? Like the injury might not have been that bad, but if there was a risk of it getting bad if he continued to play, then obviously if he stopped playing, that was the right decision to make.

I'm hoping he's practicing on clay - while he couldn't pick up a racquet, I was hoping he was practicing moving on it and stuff, but I know that's a pretty unrealistic hope :lol:

Carito_90
04-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Mardy has nothing to do, Andy has nothing to do, what else could they do but go out clubbing?
I'm fine with that as long as he gets his ass on clay and starts moving.

Any news on Andy's wrist or anything so far?

Deboogle!.
04-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Any news on Andy's wrist or anything so far?

Just that he'll be ok to play the exhibition in Houston on Thursday.

Going to clubs is fine as long as it's not taking anything away from his health/fitness/energy etc.

gorgeous
04-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Most of you might have read this already but stil...

credit: ar.com
A Message From Andy!

hey all!!!

just thought i would take the time and keep u guys up to date on what i have been doing. i left miami for texas as soon as i go lost there. it is always tough for me to be near a tourney when i am not in it anymore. it drives me crazy ha! i spent a couple of relaxing days in austin with my wrist immobilized. it was tough, because i get bored very easily. i was able to start off-court workouts about 5 days ago and they have been going great! my legs are so sore when i wake up everyday, but that is how i know i have put in some good work..... besides that, i have just been hanging with friends. it is really great, because we don't get to see each other very much. it is very odd that i have have more than a couple of days at home, so almost 3 weeks is amazing! i have been out a couple of times to see some awesome live music here in austin. one of the very cool things about austin is that u can walk around downtown any night of the week and hear some great singers just playing in bars...... very very cool. also, i have been lucky enough to get out on my boat a little bit. the weather has been amazing, so we have been taking full advantage. ..... as far as the wrist goes, i am very happy with my progress. it is nice being able to heal an injury without a tournament right around the corner. i have definitely had enough time to let it heal properly. i am gonna go try to hit a couple of balls today, and see how it feels but i have no doubts that it will be just fine..... i don't really get excited about my own tv stuff that often, but i am kind of excited to see punk'd tonight. my friends were in LA with me and did a great job of keeping it a secret. i couldn't believe that i got punk'd!!! damn you ashton! the show must be going downhill if they couldn't get anyone better to punk than me hahaha!!

anyways, i hope everyone is all good and i will be back out there in no time!

andy

Deboogle!.
04-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Oh my god Andy, please learn punctuation. and capital letters are your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like he's been doing SHITALL for the past week though, just what I was worried about :o And he admits going out at night :p Hopefully it's helping him clear his mind. It could end up being a good thing for him.

I'm glad he was doing hard off-court workouts but he should've been on clay... Oh well. I ask too much, I guess.

MissFairy
04-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Deb, stop worrying :hug: Andy'll get things done...on his boat, and in bars :o

He sounds happy with progress and training, so maybe its a good sign? Being upbeat just before clay season isn't normally his thing, is it? :p

Deboogle!.
04-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Well I don't think he's ever had this kind of time off before the clay season before... maybe he'll be so anxious to get on court he'll actually be excited about it. That'd be a first :rolls:

MissFairy
04-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Well I don't think he's ever had this kind of time off before the clay season before... maybe he'll be so anxious to get on court he'll actually be excited about it. That'd be a first :rolls:
yeah, i dont think Andy can live without tennis for this long in the middle of the season (although it seems hes been doing okay :rolleyes: ) i'm just hoping his excitement won't die off as soon as he steps out on the dirt!

gorgeous
04-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Oh my god Andy, please learn punctuation. and capital letters are your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:haha: Maybe he's paid some 6-year-old to type that for him :rolleyes:

He seems to have a good time in Austin ... and he should be back for Houston (and Rome AND most importantly Hamburg!)

the show must be going downhill if they couldn't get anyone better to punk than me hahaha!!
:scratch:

Deboogle!.
04-03-2005, 06:26 PM
:haha: Maybe he's paid some 6-year-old to type that for him :rolleyes:

I think he had one of the people from his message board write it for him :p

:scratch:

He's just being self-depracating! :inlove:

MissFairy
04-03-2005, 06:28 PM
:haha: i wouldnt be suprised, i post there sometimes but most of the time the thread is like 'where would you go on your first date with Andy?' or 'what is cuter? his right eye or his left?' :p

He's just being self-depracating! :inlove:
modesty is too cute, i agree :)

andyroxmysox12191
04-03-2005, 06:29 PM
oh yeah...punk'd is on tonight isn't it?

blosson
04-03-2005, 06:30 PM
hehe he writes just like he talks.
Nice to hear he's doing just fine. Thanks for posting Pandy's message.

gorgeous
04-03-2005, 06:33 PM
okay, I'm not familiar with that forum and the people there, so... am I right to think that they're not very... uh, bright people? :confused:

blosson
04-03-2005, 06:36 PM
They are just girls in love with Andy.

Deboogle!.
04-03-2005, 06:38 PM
okay, I'm not familiar with that forum and the people there, so... am I right to think that they're not very... uh, bright people? :confused:

They might be bright..... but they're immature and teenyboppers and they can't really write English too well :lol:

gorgeous
04-03-2005, 06:40 PM
They might be bright..... but they're immature and teenyboppers and they can't really write English too well :lol:
:unsure: oh, my English is kinda crappy (and I tend to be immature from time time, too *cough*) but teenybopper? Uh...nope... no... :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
04-03-2005, 06:42 PM
:unsure: oh, my English is kinda crappy (and I tend to be immature from time time, too *cough*) but teenybopper? Uh...nope... no... :rolleyes:

Yes, but you have an excuse.... you're not from an English-speaking country. Those girls... they have no excuse!!!!!! The forum is just impossible to read. You should take a trip over there sometime and see for yourself. It's hard to describe :lol:

But really, Andy... I expected better from you :lol:

Whatever, I guess it's good that he's working so hard off court on his legs. that will help his endurance on the clay season.

surfpinky
04-03-2005, 06:44 PM
the "u" is what bothers me...it can't be that hard to type two more letters :scratch:

gorgeous
04-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Yes, but you have an excuse.... you're not from an English-speaking country. Those girls... they have no excuse!!!!!! The forum is just impossible to read. You should take a trip over there sometime and see for yourself. It's hard to describe :lol:
okay, maybe I should really do that... I can imagine the scenario over there though... threads like "OMG... ANDY IS LIKE.... SO CUTE AND ADORABLE *SQUEE!*" :lol: yeah, whatever!

I guess it's good that he's working so hard off court on his legs. that will help his endurance on the clay season.
I agree! I hope he'll play a good season this year and I definitely want him to play Hamburg this year and please let him advance to the QF... okay, so maybe that's a little too much to wish for, right? anyhow, I actually want to watch him play Hewitt this year, so...

am&a
04-03-2005, 08:39 PM
and capital letters are your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i resent that comment. d:

superpinkone37
04-03-2005, 08:53 PM
lol amanda....

when we're typing like this, that's one thing. But he was typing a "letter" to his fans...you would think he could spend two more seconds on that, but oh well.

blosson
04-03-2005, 08:56 PM
i guess essays were not his thing at school. capital letter are not mine...
i like punctuation just like spanish people!!!

am&a
04-03-2005, 09:03 PM
DANIELLE!!! is your computer fixed?

Jennay
04-03-2005, 09:12 PM
just thought i would take the time and keep u guys up to date on what i have been doing. i left miami for texas as soon as i go lost there. it is always tough for me to be near a tourney when i am not in it anymore. it drives me crazy ha! i spent a couple of relaxing days in austin with my wrist immobilized. it was tough, because i get bored very easily. i was able to start off-court workouts about 5 days ago and they have been going great! my legs are so sore when i wake up everyday, but that is how i know i have put in some good work..... besides that, i have just been hanging with friends. it is really great, because we don't get to see each other very much. it is very odd that i have have more than a couple of days at home, so almost 3 weeks is amazing! i have been out a couple of times to see some awesome live music here in austin. one of the very cool things about austin is that u can walk around downtown any night of the week and hear some great singers just playing in bars...... very very cool. also, i have been lucky enough to get out on my boat a little bit. the weather has been amazing, so we have been taking full advantage. ..... as far as the wrist goes, i am very happy with my progress. it is nice being able to heal an injury without a tournament right around the corner. i have definitely had enough time to let it heal properly. i am gonna go try to hit a couple of balls today, and see how it feels but i have no doubts that it will be just fine..... i don't really get excited about my own tv stuff that often, but i am kind of excited to see punk'd tonight. my friends were in LA with me and did a great job of keeping it a secret. i couldn't believe that i got punk'd!!! damn you ashton! the show must be going downhill if they couldn't get anyone better to punk than me hahaha!!

anyways, i hope everyone is all good and i will be back out there in no time!

andy[/B]
So much for all of things you could be doing. :fiery: :rolleyes: Deb, he needs to hire us, NOW.

Not that I REALLY thought he would work on his movement on clay or anything. But still. :o

Oh, and TYPE CORRECTLY. Ugh.

Deboogle!.
04-03-2005, 09:14 PM
So much for all of things you could be doing. :fiery: :rolleyes: Deb, he needs to hire us, NOW.

Amen, sistahhhhhh! We'd be a lot cheaper to pay for than cuteDean I bet, too.

Not that I REALLY thought he would work on his movement on clay or anything. But still. :o

Well at least he's been working hard doing something so that he wakes up sore :lol: better than nothing I guess. I'm trying to hope that the time off in the middle of the season will be rejuvinating for him o that he will go into the clay season really eager to play.

superpinkone37
04-03-2005, 09:28 PM
DANIELLE!!! is your computer fixed?

No. :sad:

I swear I am gonna kill that computer guy. Just because he is friends with my grandma ( who insisted we must take the computer to him ) does not mean he can take forever to fix it :fiery:

am&a
04-03-2005, 09:34 PM
I swear I am gonna kill that computer guy.not if i do first!!! grr...

superpinkone37
04-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Be my guest. I appoint you to go kick his ass. :)

J. Corwin
04-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Well you've appointed the best ass kicker there is. ;)

He better not be paid for this.

gorgeous
04-04-2005, 01:13 PM
I think you speak brilliant English! :hug: I have never once had a problem understanding your English!
aww, thank you :hug: Well, I have many friends in Canada, England, Scotland, Australia and the US, so I get to keep up my English vocabulary and now I plan on attending some English classes at my university ;) Plus: I watch my favorite tv shows/movies in English because I hate dubbings - they give me the creeps :scared:

As long as you are not like 'AnDy OmG I lUv u So MiCh I KANnt' waYtE 2 meAt u nd HIve lOtS oF uR HaWt BaBiYESSS! MARIE ME ANDIE!!' you will be very much exempt from any BOTB (Bashing of the Boppers) :)
:rolleyes:
Boy, I could never ever type like that and how can anyone actually understand that?! It's like a new language (from a planet far away from ours!) :ras:

jessa007
04-04-2005, 05:53 PM

OMG, do not get me started with the people from that site. I post there, but I swear I've had it up to here with all the " Would you marry me Andy?" and "Where would you go on your first date with Andy?" threads. I mean, honestly. :rolleyes: And some people TYPA LIEK THIS and then my head starts to hurt. :retard:

surfpinky
04-04-2005, 06:25 PM
You know no idea how many times I have been sorely tempted to boxes saying I am bilingual and saying I am fluent in both English and Tweenspeak.
Tweenspeak :haha:

gorgeous
04-05-2005, 12:43 PM
I can not stand dubbing either! I would rather sit and read a big bunch of subtitles then watch something with all the male characters having one voice and all the female characters have one voice. Yes people, I believe that a 8 year old girl and her 73 year old grandmother speak exactly the same :rolleyes:
I agree! I've watched one of my favorite tv shows (Friends) in English since 1997 (when I was 13 and the fast dialouges as well as the jokes gave me a hard time to properly understand everything) and a few years back my friend (who doesn't speak English that well) and I watched some German dubbed episodes and I was so shocked because the voices were just :rolleyes: ... and most of the jokes just weren't the same (hence not that funny) *shrugs* So, yeah... dubbing sucks!
Another "funny" thing: my boyfriend's always forced to READ subtitles when we go to the movies ;)

You know no idea how many times I have been sorely tempted to boxes saying I am bilingual and saying I am fluent in both English and Tweenspeak.
Tweenspeak? :haha: Well, I guess it's the same here in Germany. My younger cousin once wrote me an email and I could only understand half of it since she used a ton of abbreviations :confused:
Kids these days...

So, sorry for the OT-ness... any good news? ;)

blosson
04-05-2005, 12:54 PM
once i watched an american movie on Polish tv. there was a male voice over translating the whole story on top of the actors voices. he wasn't dubbing, just saying now he is saying this and she is answering that (following my polish friends), just odd.