Noooo Morrison Def J.Johannson [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Noooo Morrison Def J.Johannson

henree
03-26-2005, 04:49 PM
7-6, 6-4
WTF happened to Pim Pim. This should have been an easy rout. I was so looking forward to Joachim and Federer facing off.

NATAS81
03-26-2005, 04:55 PM
One of the better serving performances in recent memory by Morrison. The guy seemed unconscious on serve. Losing one point on first serve. 12 points on serve the whole match. Didn't give up a single BP. You just aren't going to lose if you serve that well, no matter who you're playing. I underestimated the American bigtime and paid the price mightily.

One of the rare occasions where you'll see Johansson outaced. He was simply outplayed in every aspect of the game today other than getting the first serve in.

:hatoff: To Jeffrey Morrison

A darkhorse in the following rounds for sure who will have his home crowd behind him.

henree
03-26-2005, 05:06 PM
45 unforced errors on Joahansson's side helps alot too. :mad:

sigmagirl91
03-26-2005, 05:10 PM
:eek: Oh, PimPim, this was a gimme. What happened?

MisterQ
03-26-2005, 05:28 PM
wow, nice job Morrison! :eek:

CooCooCachoo
03-26-2005, 05:29 PM
:lol: Jeff :yeah:

roisin
03-26-2005, 05:29 PM
pim pim :eek: :fiery:
:ras:

ftd999
03-26-2005, 05:54 PM
7-6, 6-4
WTF happened to Pim Pim. This should have been an easy rout. I was so looking forward to Joachim and Federer facing off.

Wow, very surprising result. Johannson really seems to have gone off lately. This is Morrison's first win this year, so congrats to him :) .

TheBoiledEgg
03-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Pim Pim starting to lose to no-hopers now :rolleyes:

RonE
03-26-2005, 05:58 PM
:eek: all the so called favourites are dropping like flies in this tournament.

alfonsojose
03-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Jeff :hug: He'll never won a slam but when that serve is on :worship: His face is really cute too :inlove:

Aleksa's Laydee
03-26-2005, 07:16 PM
tut tut joachim!

lucashg
03-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Hm, I was looking forward for a possible Federer/Johansson match too, but The Ace Machine just was blown off the court. Congrats to Morrisson... o_o

Scotso
03-26-2005, 07:20 PM
PimPim is playing like ass lately.

star
03-26-2005, 08:36 PM
This unfortunatly is true.

I wonder if his shoulder is healed.

foul_dwimmerlaik
03-26-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't know who this Morrison guy is, but he surely made my evening. Congrads!

bad gambler
03-26-2005, 09:03 PM
:lol:

too funny

Kristen
03-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Jeff :hug: He'll never won a slam but when that serve is on :worship: His face is really cute too :inlove:
Definitely!
Congrats Jeff ;) Huge win for him, and makes me feel better after Stefan lost to him :p

Ruski
03-26-2005, 10:06 PM
One player having a real good day in the office, the other having a real bad day!!!!! ;)

ftd999
03-26-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't know who this Morrison guy is, but he surely made my evening. Congrads!

He played number one for the Univeristy of Florida a number of years back. I think he played James Blake in the NCAA singles finals while he was there (and I think Blake beat him, although I'm not sure). He's been on tour for a while now and has always hovered in the 100's, but he's never really broken through (past 1st rounds or challengers) as far as I've seen. But I could be wrong.

From the few times I've seen him play, I remember that he's got a good serve, a good forehand, and is a good athlete as well. I think he serves and volleys quite a bit also. I'm not sure why he loses though. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he got an injury or something recently as has strugled since. Like I said, he was winless coming into the Nasdaq, but this was a good one :)

foul_dwimmerlaik
03-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Anyway, I'm pretty sure he got an injury or something recently as has strugled since. Like I said, he was winless coming into the Nasdaq, but this was a good one :)Indeed. Thanks for the info!

Scotso
03-27-2005, 01:27 AM
He's from West Virginia :retard:

Maxpowers
03-27-2005, 01:30 AM
I was at the match. I didn't get in till about 3-3 1st set, but it was extremely hot and the heat really seemed to bother pim pim. I watched Jeff Morrison win both qualifying matches and he has never served as well as he did today. He even served and volleyed a handful of time and looked comfortable from everywhere.

In contrast to that Pim Pim looked like if the ralley went more than 2 shots he was going to collapse. His serve wasn't that great and Morrison didn't have much trouble getting it back. I took some pics of that match as well as short videos with my digital camera if anyone is interested.

jole
03-27-2005, 01:38 AM
I was at the match. I didn't get in till about 3-3 1st set, but it was extremely hot and the heat really seemed to bother pim pim. I watched Jeff Morrison win both qualifying matches and he has never served as well as he did today. He even served and volleyed a handful of time and looked comfortable from everywhere.

In contrast to that Pim Pim looked like if the ralley went more than 2 shots he was going to collapse. His serve wasn't that great and Morrison didn't have much trouble getting it back. I took some pics of that match if anyone is interested.

Pics would be awesome.

Roger-No.1
03-27-2005, 02:29 AM
One of the better serving performances in recent memory by Morrison. The guy seemed unconscious on serve. Losing one point on first serve. 12 points on serve the whole match. Didn't give up a single BP. You just aren't going to lose if you serve that well, no matter who you're playing. I underestimated the American bigtime and paid the price mightily.

One of the rare occasions where you'll see Johansson outaced. He was simply outplayed in every aspect of the game today other than getting the first serve in.
That's Jeff Morrison!

He's very unpredictable and has a couple of good tournaments every year.

Last year, one of those tournaments was Los Angeles.

He was a semifinalist and lost to Nicolas Kiefer in 3 sets, 6-3, 2-6, 4-6

Kiwi was on his way up!

Roger-No.1
03-27-2005, 02:30 AM
I was so looking forward to Joachim and Federer facing off.
That would be a great match!

NATAS81
03-27-2005, 02:39 AM
That's Jeff Morrison!

He's very unpredictable and has a couple of good tournaments every year.

Last year, one of those torunaments was Los Angeles.

He was a semifinalist and lost to Nicolas Kiefer in 3 sets, 6-3, 2-6, 2-4

Kiwi was on his way up!
What happened to the finish of the semi?

As for Jeff of now, he's certainly a player I won't underestimate anymore. Big serve as his main weapon, but Pim's aggressive game can make anyone on any given day look like FedEx.

NATAS81
03-27-2005, 02:40 AM
That would be a great match!
Indeed. Stay with it Pimster!

Roger-No.1
03-27-2005, 03:01 AM
As for Jeff of now, he's certainly a player I won't underestimate anymore. Big serve as his main weapon, but Pim's aggressive game can make anyone on any given day look like FedEx.
That's for sure. Big serve is :worship:

It all depends on which Jeff he wants to show to the world: good Jeff or bad Jeff.

He needs to work on his fitness.

NATAS81
03-27-2005, 03:13 AM
That's for sure. Big serve is :worship:

It all depends on which Jeff he wants to show to the world: good Jeff or bad Jeff.

He needs to work on his fitness.
Thanks for the reply, mate.

Just curious what happened in the third set of Morrison's loss to Keifer you responded with a couple posts back.

TankYa. :wavey:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-27-2005, 03:20 AM
:bigwave: bye vcash... never to bet on pim again! :mad:

but, :worship: to Jeffy! he's such a nice guy!

boyzonehaas
03-27-2005, 03:44 AM
well done, Morrison :wavey:

tennis4you
03-27-2005, 04:23 AM
I hope JJ doesn;t turn out to be a streaky player like Safin. I am hoping to see big things from him.

Smankyou
03-27-2005, 04:34 AM
bahahahaha.

No disrespect to the Pim Pim fans, but this is pretty funny.

Doggy
03-27-2005, 05:09 AM
Jeff likes pulling random upsets

Peoples
03-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Well done, Morrison.

star
03-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Morrison is a very nice guy and cute too. But, he's got toothpicks for legs. He could use some work on his body. I've not seen a top tennis player with legs so undeveloped.

Kristen
03-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Morrison is a very nice guy and cute too. But, he's got toothpicks for legs. He could use some work on his body. I've not seen a top tennis player with legs so undeveloped.
I want to mention a certain Justin Gimelstob here, but I like the guy,... and maybe it's kind of incorrect, after the injuries? :scratch:
*mental note. Check out Jeffs legs in 2006*

star
03-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Justin has the WORST legs for tennis I have ever seen, and he is not a top tennis player, I think, for that very reason.

Now he looks bizarre with his huge bloated upper body and his tiny chicken legs.

Oh another guy with tiny legs is Frederick Johansson. I think that's his name.... or is it Fredricksson? I'll have to look it up. Anyway a Swedish player from a couple of years ago who has no calf muscle.

Kristen
03-27-2005, 12:45 PM
:lol: Yeah... *~Kat saw me freaking out about his legs during the 1st rnd doubles with Cookie at the Aus Open! I ended up disappearing to watch Tripp Philipps lose an horrendous doubles match instead. I like Justin (off court) so I didn't want to be freaking out / being annoyed with his "angryness"!

*Wonders if Capri pants might help :shrug:*

Maxpowers
03-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Here are the pics:

http://tinypic.com/2djel5

http://tinypic.com/2djew9

http://tinypic.com/2djguw

smucav
03-27-2005, 09:49 PM
He played number one for the Univeristy of Florida a number of years back. I think he played James Blake in the NCAA singles finals while he was there (and I think Blake beat him, although I'm not sure). He's been on tour for a while now and has always hovered in the 100's, but he's never really broken through (past 1st rounds or challengers) as far as I've seen. But I could be wrong.Morrison captured the NCAA singles title in 1999 defeating James Blake of Harvard in final. (James Blake finished 1998-99 season as #1 ranked college player in the U.S.)

Morrison's previous media attention came at Wimbledon 2002 when as a lucky loser he made it to the 3rd round (defeated #8 Ferrero in 2nd round).