Special Exempt question [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Special Exempt question

COMA
03-26-2005, 03:54 PM
If a player competes in the doubles final of the tournament in the previous week and thus is unable to play the qualies in the following week, is he eligible to get a Special Exempt status? Or is it only restricted to the singles competition?

Action Jackson
03-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Well I know Minar couldn't play the qualies at the Aus Open this year, because he was in the final of Sydney the week before as a qualie.

COMA
03-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Well I know Minar couldn't play the qualies at the Aus Open this year, because he was in the final of Sydney the week before as a qualie.

But I think there are no SE spots reserved in the GS main draw...

Action Jackson
03-26-2005, 04:01 PM
There aren't, but that would depend on the tournament director as well. If they are in the doubles final and their ranking isn't high enough, unless they are a local or a big star then they wouldn't be likely to get an SE.

Neely
03-26-2005, 04:03 PM
A player playing doubles and therefore cannot play the singles qualification of another event is not eligible for a special exempt.

COMA
03-26-2005, 04:07 PM
A player playing doubles and therefore cannot play the singles qualification of another event is not eligible for a special exempt.

cheers mate