Will Andy show up? The Monte Carlo AMS tourney

blosson
03-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Hehe just for good luck.

Andy for sure deserve this trophy!

http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/150x200/coria_montecarlo.jpg

Deboogle!.
03-25-2005, 10:16 PM
He seemed pretty set that Houston is his next tournament. His official site says he's playing MC but they could have just put it up there b/c all the players who qualify are technically entered.

As long as his wrist is ok, there is NO reason why he shouldn't play though, NONE. He needs to play in Europe, he NEEDS to. This time where he can't play would also allow him the chance to really work on his movement and practice that on clay for several weeks. But will he take advantage of that? Seems unlikely :o

blosson
03-25-2005, 10:41 PM
I guess, this will be a short live thread...

Somebody please tell Andy that in Monte Carlo there are loads of beautiful blondes!!!

tennnisgirl7
03-26-2005, 12:35 AM
I guess, this will be a short live thread...

Somebody please tell Andy that in Monte Carlo there are loads of beautiful blondes!!!

Why should someone tell him that there is a lot of beautiful people in houston to like me!

blosson
03-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Why should someone tell him that there is a lot of beautiful people in houston to like me!

tennisgirl7, it's just a joke so Andy goes and play a better tournament than Houston. No offense to Houston, i'm sure it's a wonderful place with beautiful people too but Monte Carlo AMS is part of the Masters Series which give players more ranking points and considering he only earned 1 point at Miami, it would be a better decision to play Monte Carlo.

Andy does not need to like Monte Carlo he just need to go and play over there as it's a better choice for his tennis career.

:) :)

J. Corwin
03-26-2005, 09:57 AM
He should, but you know he won't. He wouldn't be Andy Roddick (USA) if he went to Monte Carlo. :) (or gasp, winning some matches on Euro-Red clay :o)

blosson
03-26-2005, 10:12 AM
I know, he didn't even remember that Monte Carlo is in 2 weeks during last night's interview. Andy replied he will be back for Houston in 3 weeks.

Well Hewitt will miss Monte Carlo too so I guess is not that bad for Andy. However Safinator can get some important points at Miami and be the next number 3.

Andy is going down in rankings at every other tournament. :eek:

Andy flying over Monte Carlo, the land of royals and glitzy!

blosson
03-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Superman Roger will play them [the clay master series, i mean] all:

Apr 11 Monte Carlo Tennis Masters Series

May 02 Rome Tennis Masters Series

May 09 Hamburg Tennis Masters Series

May 23 Paris Roland Garros

Deboogle!.
03-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Roger actually hasn't played MC for a long time, at least not last year and perhaps not in 2003 either. The thing with the Masters tourneys is that the players whose ranking allows them to qualify are *automatically* entered - that's why it shows up on all their websites, b/c they're entered and probably the people who run the websites don't know better.

I don't blame Andy (and anyone else) for not wanting to make 2 cross-Atlantic trips. Andy did that in 2002 and 2003 and he knows if he can handle that or not - travelling that much in a short period of time is tough so I don't blame them. But what he should do is finally ditch Houston and instead of going to Europe after that, go before MC and play one of the events in EUROPE.

But he said it THREE times yesterday - twice in the press conference and once in the quote that AR.com posted, which said was after that. so it's pretty obvious he never planned on playing in the first place, even though technically he's entered in the tournament. i remember last year, right before Monte Carlo, a whole slew of top players "pulled out" - but really, none of them ever intended to play in the first place.

tennnisgirl7
03-26-2005, 03:02 PM
tennisgirl7, it's just a joke so Andy goes and play a better tournament than Houston. No offense to Houston, i'm sure it's a wonderful place with beautiful people too but Monte Carlo AMS is part of the Masters Series which give players more ranking points and considering he only earned 1 point at Miami, it would be a better decision to play Monte Carlo.

Andy does not need to like Monte Carlo he just need to go and play over there as it's a better choice for his tennis career.

:) :)

I know it was a joke and i know that he will get more points in Monte Carlo I was just trying to poke some fun into this thread :crazy:.