Elranzo
03-24-2005, 03:36 AM
What are the chances he actually wins an atp level match

NYCtennisfan
03-24-2005, 04:12 AM
LOL! NOt looking too good as of now.

*Viva Chile*
03-24-2005, 06:47 AM
If Mark win his 1st round Gonzo will win that 2nd round match, that's all :rocker2:

CooCooCachoo
03-24-2005, 08:15 AM
21-30%

I mean.. Grass season will arrive and he will get a WC and draw someone like Marc López or Fernando Vicente. Sure he can win :p

Auscon
03-24-2005, 08:21 AM
if we're just talking about his chances at Miami, then probably 40-60

I think he played Christophe in qualifying for some other tournament this year, and lost, so it'll be tough

but hopefully he'll put everything into it, instead of holding onto the hope that he'll come good on grass

Rex
03-24-2005, 08:35 AM
11-20, he played so well year before last- what happened.

CooCooCachoo
03-24-2005, 08:39 AM
if we're just talking about his chances at Miami, then probably 40-60

I think he played Christophe in qualifying for some other tournament this year, and lost, so it'll be tough

but hopefully he'll put everything into it, instead of holding onto the hope that he'll come good on grass

Sunrise Challenger:

7-6 (5) 3-6 2-6 loss.

flip_fan
03-24-2005, 08:48 AM
hey guys you dont have to rub it in!!

I may be the only real mark fan on this board, but it is a sensitive time for his fans... of course i truly hope he can win 1st rd... Rochus said he was unstoppable in the first set last week, but fell off in the next 2... hopefully mark can make some changes and finish him off properly today.

who knows if he'll ever win at atp level, at least he's trying.. it would be very easy for him to have given up after the 12 months he's had but he's still fighting. His form may be shit, but his spirit is still there.

Auscon
03-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Sunrise Challenger:

7-6 (5) 3-6 2-6 loss.

thanks, I thought it was a straight sets loss, so that was a bit closer

still, with the way mark seems to be dropping off in all his matches, if he doesnt grab the first set, he really is a goner

flip_fan
03-24-2005, 09:10 AM
thanks, I thought it was a straight sets loss, so that was a bit closer

still, with the way mark seems to be dropping off in all his matches, if he doesnt grab the first set, he really is a goner

he just doesnt have the confidence... mark's game is based on aggression and confidence. He goes for winners, and tries to dictate play. But he's lost all confidence in himself and has become his own worst enemy. He appears to be getting fitter, but its gotta click soon or it never will.

Good thing though is his serve was getting stronger throughout the event. He served 16 aces against rochus which is the most i think in a very long time, and in doubles he was solid on serve so thats a positive.. i guess time will tell.

syd
03-24-2005, 09:15 AM
i think he ll reach 2nd round

CooCooCachoo
03-24-2005, 09:33 AM
hey guys you dont have to rub it in!!

I may be the only real mark fan on this board, but it is a sensitive time for his fans... of course i truly hope he can win 1st rd... Rochus said he was unstoppable in the first set last week, but fell off in the next 2... hopefully mark can make some changes and finish him off properly today.

who knows if he'll ever win at atp level, at least he's trying.. it would be very easy for him to have given up after the 12 months he's had but he's still fighting. His form may be shit, but his spirit is still there.

:yeah: For him and his fans, I hope he does well again soon. Personally, I find him really boring :eek: But I never like it when injuries get the best of someone, which is what happened with Mark..