Gamblers Lounge - Suggestions [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gamblers Lounge - Suggestions

bad gambler
03-23-2005, 01:49 AM
Here you can write down suggestions in terms of how we should run this forum ;)

jole
03-23-2005, 01:53 AM
In my opinion, it would be best organized to have one thread per tournament. If there are high profile matches, or huge opportunities, or just someone you gotta get off your chest make a thread, etc.

Could also have like an NBA thread, soccer, etc.

tennischick
03-23-2005, 02:32 AM
congrats bad gambler :worship:

NATAS81
03-23-2005, 03:23 AM
I don't have a suggestion for this forum, and where the posts should be displayed. I, however, have a suggestion for the vBetting itself.

Eliminate private marking altogether. I mean, what is the realistic purpose in this feature? So what. Nobody can see your bet.

When you've accumulated as much v$ as Filipo does it really serve a purpose to the Sherlocks out there?

bad gambler
03-23-2005, 03:25 AM
sorry mate - but this forum was designed for real bets, can't really help you there with respect to the v-betting

maybe suggest that mandy?

NATAS81
03-23-2005, 03:26 AM
sorry mate - but this forum was designed for real bets, can't really help you there with respect to the v-betting

maybe suggest that mandy?

If you mean wtn_amanda I'll go ahead and follow through with a discrete PM. Thanks for the heads up there, "mate".

bad gambler
03-23-2005, 03:29 AM
If you mean wtn_amanda I'll go ahead and follow through with a discrete PM. Thanks for the heads up there, "mate".

post it in the "bug and errors" section at the bottom of this site that way she won't miss it

RickDaStick
03-23-2005, 03:33 AM
I think since i came up with the idea of a Gamblers forum I also should be a Forum umpire or whatever you call it along with Bad Gambler.

NATAS81
03-23-2005, 03:37 AM
post it in the "bug and errors" section at the bottom of this site that way she won't miss it

NEXTEL | Done.

bad gambler
03-23-2005, 04:36 AM
In my opinion, it would be best organized to have one thread per tournament. If there are high profile matches, or huge opportunities, or just someone you gotta get off your chest make a thread, etc.

Could also have like an NBA thread, soccer, etc.

sounds like a plan H-fan - one thread per tournament and another thread devoted to random chit chat

also we'll run with the idea of creating new threads for other sports, seems like the gerneral interest amongst the MTF punters are BBall & Soccer

jackieglover
03-23-2005, 04:37 AM
seems like the gerneral interest amongst the MTF punters are BBall & Soccer

I bet on everything :p :lol:

bad gambler
03-23-2005, 04:38 AM
I'll see if i can get mady to create sub forums for the other sports so that it doesn't clog up the tennis chat

jackieglover
03-23-2005, 04:42 AM
I think maybe just have a thread for each day's events where people can post thoughts, picks, insights, etc. After that day is over, it'll just drop off into the sunset.

adeegee
03-23-2005, 06:21 PM
man i've been on the site for a couple of hours today and i never saw the gamblers lounge had officially opened, i only realised when i went back to our thread from yesterday and saw it had been closed! truly brilliant! our campaign didn't take too long to have an impact :p

i'm with joel (hrbatyfan), think his ideas sound good. and i think it should be made clear that v-bettors aren't welcome, sorry!

Ale10
03-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Tips for nba? :)

NATAS81
03-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Tips for nba? :)

Boston, Shaq/Wade Show are always safe bets. :lol:

*Opens ESPN.com NBA Scoreboard*

NATAS81
03-23-2005, 09:30 PM
* Is O'Neal back for IND? If not definitely S.A.

* Toronto strong @ home

* PHX over CHA

* NY toughest city to bet on, BOS in a close one maybe OT

* Pending on Webber, DET over PHI

* MIN @ Home

* GS revamped w/Davis wins

* Mil (7-26 on Road :lol:) loses to LAC

jole
03-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Is there anything as clear cut as the Pacers/Nets over last night is the question? :) I don't even do NBA, but I was loving that one.

El Legenda
03-24-2005, 06:14 AM
I want to thank posters..named IvanLjubicic for making a suggestion for this forum to happen.He's idea.His baby here. :)

Ale10
03-24-2005, 07:06 PM
Boys!

What do you think about a big stake on a Safin, Ljuicic, VW, Henin, Safina, Molik parlay? It is a 2.06 odds.

Ale10
03-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Hm? :)

bad gambler
03-24-2005, 09:28 PM
wrong thread mate :)

bad gambler
03-24-2005, 11:15 PM
lads,

going to be requesting the following sub forums:
Tennis
Basketball
Baseball
Soccer
Other

any other sport you want me to add which you think deserves separate attention and will have the interest?

Ale10
03-24-2005, 11:17 PM
lads,

Tennis
Basketball
Baseball
Soccer
Other

any other sport you want me to add which you think deserves separate attention and will have the interest?

Motor sports? (Formula-1, MotoGP...)

SwiSha
03-24-2005, 11:36 PM
nice BG this Lounge is lookin really good..good idea with the sub forums

jackieglover
03-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Boxing and horse racing if anybody is interested, otherwise "other" will be fine

gravity
03-25-2005, 12:26 AM
Boys!

What do you think about a big stake on a Safin, Ljuicic, VW, Henin, Safina, Molik parlay? It is a 2.06 odds.

A combo of that size featuring so many women sounds like betting suicide to me my man.

flmmkrz
03-25-2005, 08:32 AM
lads,

Tennis
Basketball
Baseball
Soccer
Other

I dont know how big it is down under or in europe but an nfl betting section would be kick arse. Easily my biggest cash cow, im sure theres other that bet on it.

adeegee
03-25-2005, 09:00 AM
A combined rugby league/union forum I'd say

bad gambler
03-25-2005, 10:07 AM
I dont know how big it is down under or in europe but an nfl betting section would be kick arse. Easily my biggest cash cow, im sure theres other that bet on it.

yep my bad - nfl should be included as well, i've added to the list

adeegee
03-25-2005, 10:12 AM
too many american sports :sad:......i'm unable to contribute properly at the moment, the sight of carla :inlove: has taken over me

bad gambler
03-25-2005, 10:14 AM
too many american sports :sad:......i'm unable to contribute properly at the moment, the sight of carla :inlove: has taken over me

:lol:

just giving what the people want mate :)

I think we have pretty much covered all bases!

btw saints at -7.5 against wigan looks might thin don;t u think? just doing some reading to see what the deal with that line is but might be a nice little play to keep you occupied before the tennis starts ;)

adeegee
03-25-2005, 10:17 AM
:lol:

just giving what the people want mate :)

I think we have pretty much covered all bases!

btw saints at -7.5 against wigan looks might thin don;t u think? just doing some reading to see what the deal with that line is but might be a nice little play to keep you occupied before the tennis starts ;)

farrell is gonna be a huge loss for wigan, i'm pretty sure the saints will win comfortably, i might just take them to win the match though, i don't usually like betting on handicaps

MalmöKrampan
03-27-2005, 02:14 PM
How about making Gamblers Lounge a private forum, only for MTF members. There are allways bunch of guest who visit GL, but never post :rolleyes:

bad gambler
03-27-2005, 02:24 PM
hmmm...not sure whether it is possible to restrict access to the guests MK, given that guests can look at any part of the MTF board without being registered

but i can see where you are coming from....

SwiSha
03-27-2005, 02:29 PM
How about making Gamblers Lounge a private forum, only for MTF members. There are allways bunch of guest who visit GL, but never post :rolleyes:

I think its a good idea

MalmöKrampan
03-27-2005, 02:30 PM
hmmm...not sure whether it is possible to restrict access to the guests MK, given that guests can look at any part of the MTF board without being registered

but i can see where you are coming from....

I think that it can be done mate ;) Admin can in fact restrict guest on viewing certain forums.

bad gambler
03-27-2005, 02:32 PM
ok mate i'll ask mandy if she can do something about it - though what is the difference between guests viewing the forum and not contributing as opposed to MTF members who also view but never contribute??

MalmöKrampan
03-27-2005, 06:31 PM
ok mate i'll ask mandy if she can do something about it - though what is the difference between guests viewing the forum and not contributing as opposed to MTF members who also view but never contribute??

Well, I think that more people will register and then they maybe will decide to post also...We have nothing to lose by making the forum private mate, just gain ;)

RickDaStick
03-27-2005, 06:47 PM
I like the suggestion by MK. There is nothing to lose

jackieglover
03-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Either way is fine by me. It's not like everybody who is registered and viewing are going to add comments anyways

Horatio Caine
04-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Definitely need a forum for F1. :yeah:

Way to go BG!!! :worship:

bad gambler
04-20-2005, 12:37 AM
perhaps a forum Motor Sport? However based ont he past month, there doesn't seem to be much interest here on any motor sport

adk
04-20-2005, 03:23 PM
perhaps a forum Motor Sport? However based ont he past month, there doesn't seem to be much interest here on any motor sport

Yeh... I think for the odd bit of motor sport that people will generally bet on (i.e. F1 Grand Prixs), it can just go in the 'Other' section.

Just my opinon

bad gambler
04-28-2005, 08:02 AM

you lads still want this to happen?

SwiSha
05-18-2005, 09:13 PM
you lads still want this to happen?

yeah why not? i m with it

Agent X
05-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Does it really matter if people that arent members are coming on here and having a look? Doesnt bother me if others want to profit from my vast knowledge :p

NATAS81
05-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Yes

Agent X
05-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Why Patrick?

By the way can I point out how annoyed I was getting with you the other day. You know when you changed your signature and had about a million ! with 1 on each line. I had bets on but was out, and was getting the scores on wap on my phone from the MTF room. It took about a minute to scroll past each post by you :mad:

I\'ll forgive you though :p

NATAS81
05-19-2005, 05:51 AM
Who is Patrick?

And you don't have to worry about my sig, apparently the admin has removed my sig-changing ability rudely after the fact I change to it a drastically smaller font.

SwiSha
05-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Who is Patrick?

And you don't have to worry about my sig, apparently the admin has removed my sig-changing ability rudely after the fact I change to it a drastically smaller font.

:haha: Hi Patrick :wavey: :lol:

Agent X
05-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Who is Patrick?

You had Paddy Mcenroe in your avatar when I wrote my message.

And thats probably the best thing she's ever done on this forum :woohoo:

adee-gee
11-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Can I ask whats happening to this forum? How have we managed to accumulate so many arseclowns into 1 place? This spooky guy is the latest in a long recent line :rolleyes:

bad gambler
11-04-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm going to start asking gravity/amanda to ban people from this particular forum who cause future trouble

aftermatch
11-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Can I ask whats happening to this forum? How have we managed to accumulate so many arseclowns into 1 place? This spooky guy is the latest in a long recent line :rolleyes:

i like spooky :armed: leave him out of it

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm going to start asking gravity/amanda to ban people from this particular forum who cause future trouble
Did you delete my spooky saturday thread btw :sad:

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 12:42 PM
i like spooky :armed: leave him out of it
Someone has to :shrug:

bad gambler
11-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Did you delete my spooky saturday thread btw :sad:

yes, it served no purpose

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 04:29 PM
yes, it served no purpose
It was revenge for Friday :shrug:

happy928
11-05-2005, 05:11 PM
too bad you guys can't banned those mofos who send NASTY PM messages.....:sad:

fucking DEIVID23 is a moron for sending me PM messages....who the fuck care what you think and how much money you make....I don't give a shit :)

That's right....mofo sends me a message saying...."I make 14k in few hours betting on TENNIS" who the fuck cares dude...... :)

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 05:23 PM

fucking DEIVID23 is a moron for sending me PM messages....who the fuck care what you think and how much money you make....I don't give a shit :)

That's right....mofo sends me a message saying...."I make 14k in few hours betting on TENNIS" who the fuck cares dude...... :)
:lol: did he seriously do that?

happy928
11-05-2005, 05:27 PM
:lol: did he seriously do that?

hold me adee-gee....im scared....he used alot of vulgar languages in his PM message he sent me.....I'm scared bro....ask BG to hold me as well..... :haha:

I can't believe some ppl on this forum man....

Aren't we all here to MAKE MONEY? Why start shiet-talking.....shioet talking ain't making you money.......Hope ppl realize that soon enough..... :p

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 05:30 PM
hold me adee-gee....im scared....he used alot of vulgar languages in his PM message he sent me.....I'm scared bro....ask BG to hold me as well..... :haha:

I can't believe some ppl on this forum man....

Aren't we all here to MAKE MONEY? Why start shiet-talking.....shioet talking ain't making you money.......Hope ppl realize that soon enough..... :p
:lol: thats pretty low

I've given up posting in the tennis betting forum, there's too many jokers in there. I still post my plays in other areas though.

happy928
11-05-2005, 05:39 PM
:lol: thats pretty low

I've given up posting in the tennis betting forum, there's too many jokers in there. I still post my plays in other areas though.
i hear ya......too many jokers....man, keep posting......ppl like you need to keep preaching and get some sense into these morons thick skulls.... :worship:

Deivid23
11-05-2005, 05:43 PM

The asshole came proud at his 14k betting profit at US Open and asked me how about me. I only stated that´s not big profit for 2 weeks and gave the jerk facts.

Btw, nice call on Stepanjerk :lol:

happy928
11-05-2005, 05:45 PM
The asshole came proud at his 14k betting profit at US Open and I only stated that´s not big profit for 2 weeks and gave the jerk facts.

yet,

this jerk follows me here to talk shiet again....shows alot of his CLASS now.....yea, No CLASS what so ever......

Wwhere were you when STEPPY won the 2nd set? U were probably barried under your pillow crying your eyes out.....:haha:

BTW, talk is cheap JOTABE.....I won 1 million last night.....:retard:

happy928
11-05-2005, 05:46 PM
The asshole came proud at his 14k betting profit at US Open and I only stated that´s not big profit for 2 weeks and gave the jerk facts.

do you even know the meaning of FACTS? :haha: moron.

Deivid23
11-05-2005, 05:49 PM
BTW, talk is cheap JOTABE.....I won 1 million last night.....:retard:

You can´t make nice profit at gambling cause you´ve always been a dumb degenerate. Once a jerk, always a jerk

happy928
11-05-2005, 05:49 PM
JOTABE,

do i need to point out all the LOSERS you picked this week? :haha:

Steppy was a small play today (Documented at other site) and LJ was a HUGE play....
so, now what moron? :haha:

Deivid23
11-05-2005, 05:52 PM
JOTABE,

do i need to point out all the LOSERS you picked this week? :haha:

Feel free to do it, it looks like you can´t read, as I´m up large on the week :retard:

Steppy was a small play today (Documented at other site) and LJ was a HUGE play....
so, now what moron? :haha:

Who cares about your posted plays? I wouldn´t even bother to open a thread with picks from yours :lol:

happy928
11-05-2005, 05:53 PM
You can´t make nice profit at gambling cause you´ve always been a dumb degenerate. Once a jerk, always a jerk
there you go again....:haha:

NO CLASS.....do you know the meaning of CLASS? :haha:

happy928
11-05-2005, 05:55 PM
JOTABE,

:haha: just go away man......do yourself a favor and put me on an ignore list cuz, I just did......

FUGGg YOU JOKINg ABE :haha:

happy928
11-05-2005, 05:58 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh....gotta love IGNORE LIST :) now, i don't have to deal with his non-sense and just make some $$$..........

He picks 2 winners out of 8 picks and he says, he makes profits? :haha"

joker! :haha:

aftermatch
11-06-2005, 12:10 AM
take your :boxing: outside or to GM area, this is suggestions thread :silly: :silly:

Gamblore
04-17-2007, 11:30 AM
What is the purpose of vCash?

xcrap
04-17-2007, 02:13 PM
its play money to bet on tennis matches.

Olao
06-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Hi Bad G,

Regarding bashing on the forum and erasing posts - can we bring the discussion out in the open here?

On the one hand, you erase some posts, but you allow and thereby indirectly encourage phrases like these (Mistaflava's post):

"Well right now Igor Andreev is cinderella and a lot of you are going to have brain cramps and want to bet on another upset. However, for all the idiots betting on Andreev, please let me warn you that for this whore the clock struck midnight the minute his opponent was determined..."

Is this the forum tone and content that you want...? I'm not personally a basher but I have lashed out at people calling other forumites Nazis e.g. and also at types like It's like that and Mistaflava who are both clearly arrogant, condescending, mocking and disrespectful even when you take into account that some of the trash-talking macho-stupidity is fairly superficial.

With all respect - as a moderator, where is your consequent line here as you don't (not to our knowledge, at least) react towards e.g. Mistaflava? And to be honest, I think that you have a responsibility towards newbies in the betting world - of which there is an increasing number today as the global market evolves... - meaning that you should point out that betting/gambling is a bit more complicated and challenging than just throwing out phrasing like "a lot of you are going to have brain cramps..." and stating that you have a guaranteed money-winning system when you have shown great flaws in other areas.

Let's look at Mistaflava as an example. He's on an impressive streak during this French Open (respect and congrats) - yet, as impressive as his good streaks are, as astonishing are his bad streaks where he has lost control several times and overstaked. Haven't we all overstaked from time to time...? Of course, we have -like we have made the other classical mistakes. But there's a distinction - Mistaflava posts his records and boasts about his winnings as he takes on the role of an authority. Given that he - and yes, I will mention this again as it is relevant imo - lost control completely with his NFL betting this season, increasing his stakes and losing 100 unit plays in series, shouldn't you, as a moderator, intervene and point out concretely to people (and not only in remote "strategy threads" that this is not the way to approach betting/gambling? Imo, Mistaflava's approach is far too volatile and emotional.

It may be easy for you, me and others with experience on this forum to look through this, but many won't - and even if they would, it's a matter of what kind of forum you want. Fine if you "just" want an open discussion forum where picks can be discussed and where people are allowed to throw out any kind of gambling thought - imo, you do as moderators also have an obligation to maintain a line and react/intervene when forumites send unhealthy signals - and imo, this is what a character like Mistaflava is doing. Betting/gambling is not as simple as he makes it look (even though his write-ups are detailed and serious, I'll give him that), and to be concrete, I think you should intervene vs this very black and white'ish mentality towards betting. Not saying you should be a babysitter - intervening is not necessarily babysitting.

Finally, you could argue that I seem a bit too preoccupated with forum ethics given how little I contribute picks-wise on this forum. So even though I'm a professional (tennis) market trader, I will post my pick of the day below (and more in the future) as I enter pre-match. Yet, I think that it is fair to react and show an interest in the ethics of this forum and point out that something could be improved.

bad gambler
06-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Bad G,

Regarding bashing on the forum and erasing posts - can we bring the discussion out in the open here?

On the one hand, you erase some posts, but you allow and thereby indirectly encourage phrases like these (Mistaflava's post):

"Well right now Igor Andreev is cinderella and a lot of you are going to have brain cramps and want to bet on another upset. However, for all the idiots betting on Andreev, please let me warn you that for this whore the clock struck midnight the minute his opponent was determined..."

Is this the forum tone and content that you want...? I'm not personally a basher but I have lashed out at people calling other forumites Nazis e.g. and also at types like It's like that and Mistaflava who are both clearly arrogant, condescending, mocking and disrespectful even when you take into account that some of the trash-talking macho-stupidity is fairly superficial.

There is a clear difference between the post I deleted and the one you quoted from Mistflava. The one I deleted was a direct attack and attempted belittlement of another user of these forums. That under any circumstance will not be tolerated here in the gamblers forum.

With respect to Mistaflava's writeups some common sense has to be applied here. Whilst I want to ensure certain standards are met within here, I am not about to become power hungry moderator and suppress any form of light hearted humour and that is what I see his writeups as, the wordings are not to be taken seriously. This is a member consensus as well because up till now I have yet to receive a complaint about them because people see it as just that, entertainment. Within all of it, he does invariably come up with some good points about why he backs certain players.

With all respect - as a moderator, where is your consequent line here as you don't (not to our knowledge, at least) react towards e.g. Mistaflava? And to be honest, I think that you have a responsibility towards newbies in the betting world - of which there is an increasing number today as the global market evolves... - meaning that you should point out that betting/gambling is a bit more complicated and challenging than just throwing out phrasing like "a lot of you are going to have brain cramps..." and stating that you have a guaranteed money-winning system when you have shown great flaws in other areas.

Let's look at Mistaflava as an example. He's on an impressive streak during this French Open (respect and congrats) - yet, as impressive as his good streaks are, as astonishing are his bad streaks where he has lost control several times and overstaked. Haven't we all overstaked from time to time...? Of course, we have -like we have made the other classical mistakes. But there's a distinction - Mistaflava posts his records and boasts about his winnings as he takes on the role of an authority. Given that he - and yes, I will mention this again as it is relevant imo - lost control completely with his NFL betting this season, increasing his stakes and losing 100 unit plays in series, shouldn't you, as a moderator, intervene and point out concretely to people (and not only in remote "strategy threads" that this is not the way to approach betting/gambling? Imo, Mistaflava's approach is far too volatile and emotional.

This is where I definitely disagree with you. My role in this forum is as a moderator where I think you are confusing me as is as a mentor, which I am not. This is not to say that if someone has a general betting question I won't help them, certainly not the case because we all have the same objective here which is to get ahead of the man. But end of the day who am I to act as a mentor in the first place? I don't post my record nor the stake of any of my plays, I am just an average 'mug' punter like the rest of us.

It may be easy for you, me and others with experience on this forum to look through this, but many won't - and even if they would, it's a matter of what kind of forum you want. Fine if you "just" want an open discussion forum where picks can be discussed and where people are allowed to throw out any kind of gambling thought - imo, you do as moderators also have an obligation to maintain a line and react/intervene when forumites send unhealthy signals - and imo, this is what a character like Mistaflava is doing. Betting/gambling is not as simple as he makes it look (even though his write-ups are detailed and serious, I'll give him that), and to be concrete, I think you should intervene vs this very black and white'ish mentality towards betting. Not saying you should be a babysitter - intervening is not necessarily babysitting.

I think you are insulting the intelligence of the people here with this comment - as I mentioned my experience ever since Mistaflava began posting here is that there have not been any people who have actually taken those type of one liners by him seriously.

Again not meaning to sound like I am Mistaflava's number 1 fan or anything but he has not once in my recollection stated that gambling is easy. Sure when he does his 'recaps' he beats his chest but who doesn't? By the simple fact that anyone actually quotes themselves after the bet has won with a comment along the lines of 'winner' or '$$$" to that effect we are all tooting out own horns. I know I always do it, and so do many others. The only problem I have with that approach is when those go MIA and not do the recap on a losing wager.

Finally, you could argue that I seem a bit too preoccupated with forum ethics given how little I contribute picks-wise on this forum. So even though I'm a professional (tennis) market trader, I will post my pick of the day below (and more in the future) as I enter pre-match. Yet, I think that it is fair to react and show an interest in the ethics of this forum and point out that something could be improved.

I'm glad there are people like yourself who want to raise point like these with the intention to improve the forum, nothing wrong with that at all :)

Rosco
07-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Gentlemen,
Great discussion guys..... as a "mug" punter myself I have posted a minimal amount of times too....and have received some negative comments through the "add to so and so's reputation". I came to this forum through a positive recommedation from a fellow punter and have been welcome by several online members but have also been given the "cold shoulder" by others. I have now decided to not bother posting my plays but still log in to view the highly intelligent and researched views and plays by some extraordinary punters. I wanted to learn the "tricks" of the trade and make some cash but I feel there doesn't seem to be a very welcoming, or for a better word, understanding from some of the more seasoned veterans towards a "rookie" punter...
just my two cents..

BTW BG your doing a great job!
Good luck to all!!

Straby
07-06-2007, 10:40 AM
and have received some negative comments through the "add to so and so's reputation". I came to this forum through a positive recommedation from a fellow punter and have been welcome by several online members but have also been given the "cold shoulder" by others.

Are you serious? Just because you are new here? That's ridiculous. :cuckoo:
Don't let them spoil the fun here. After all everyone has been starting as a "rookie punter".

bad gambler
07-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Gentlemen,
Great discussion guys..... as a "mug" punter myself I have posted a minimal amount of times too....and have received some negative comments through the "add to so and so's reputation". I came to this forum through a positive recommedation from a fellow punter and have been welcome by several online members but have also been given the "cold shoulder" by others. I have now decided to not bother posting my plays but still log in to view the highly intelligent and researched views and plays by some extraordinary punters. I wanted to learn the "tricks" of the trade and make some cash but I feel there doesn't seem to be a very welcoming, or for a better word, understanding from some of the more seasoned veterans towards a "rookie" punter...
just my two cents..

Good luck to all!!

Mate that reputation function is a farcical tool, people on MTF abuse it left right and centre so I wouldn't take any negative comments made through it by others to heart.

Hope to see you posting your plays here

Cheers

sports freak
07-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Mate that reputation function is a farcical tool, people on MTF abuse it left right and centre so I wouldn't take any negative comments made through it by others to heart.

Hope to see you posting your plays here

Cheers

Everyone has their good and bad days,its human nature!!Not everyone is supposed to get along with everyone,thats' life :)

sports freak
07-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Hi Bad G,

Simple answer -Give and Take,reason everyone is different and no one is the same,therefor personalities are gonna collide whether you like it or not just deal with it,Flava has more postives then negatives therefor lets concentrate on the positives :wavey:

Rosco
07-07-2007, 04:45 AM
Everyone has their good and bad days,its human nature!!Not everyone is supposed to get along with everyone,thats' life :)

Agree 100% SF. You cannot agree with what someone is saying but from my background in sports and coaching you cannot/do not get along all the time but at the end of the day you must RESPECT them. Everyone brings something to the table in this forum and I believe if you are to be good at betting you must be very well informed. Some of the guys here are AFL experts, some NRL, some NBA/NBL etc., but all have something to give! I'm not saying I know a hell of a lot (quite the opposite), hence why I like this forum which gives me an opportunity to discuss plays with blokes (and ladies) from areas I would never be able to due to my geographic isolation to the big sporting capitals.
This forum is great and most of the punters here are pretty humble but a few bad seeds like Olao and myself have come across tend to stick in your mind.

Thanks for the comments SF, BG and Strabavy.....will be back posting soon!

rod_steel
07-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Gentlemen,
just my two cents..

Good luck to all!!

Now I would like to know why your friend "Mr Flamboyant" is PM'ing me on another site telling me to stop 'bucketing' you with abuse which I am apparently giving you via the reputation function? Interesting seeing as I have not logged onto MTF for over a month until today given I was on my honeymoon, nor have I ever used the reputation function (apart from the good rep I just gave you) and before now I don't believe I have ever had any correspondence with yourself.

By the way I hope you know the story with your friend Mr Flamboyant, he was ripping off plays from myself for a few months and reproducing it on another website. I bet he never mentioned that to yourself as well?

This is probably the best small gambling area on the internet with posters here who are very knowledgeable and know their stuff inside out I'm sure you will learn more if you post your thoughts and interact instead of lurking. Just my 2 cents.

Look forward to seeing your plays, good luck and welcome. :wavey:

bad gambler
07-10-2007, 01:58 PM
If there is a problem here PM me please. But yes Mr Flamboyant was banned from these forums for lifting plays from others which will not be tolerated under any circumstance. I don't see how that should effect Rosco from posting his plays

Also Rosco I did check your reputations and there was nothing untoward in any of them. There was one from a certain poster (its like that) but it was automatically removed given he has now been banned from the forums.

rod_steel
07-10-2007, 03:16 PM
And now I get a message from your friend Rosco about an elaborate cover up by bad gambler who apparently deleted reputations to back my story. :retard:

No offense Rosco but get new friends, your mate is twisted either that or he has too much time on his hands.

dave nz
07-11-2007, 05:25 PM
And now I get a message from your friend Rosco about an elaborate cover up by bad gambler who apparently deleted reputations to back my story. :retard:

No offense Rosco but get new friends, your mate is twisted either that or he has too much time on his hands.

Don't worry about him mate, you just keep doing what u do- winning.

That clown has some serious issues :eek:

He started to plagiarise my plays too as u know. That is as low as it gets and that will never get him anywhere, all it means is good cappers like yourself become reluctant to post plays, understandable too, same thing has happened to me in the past.

There is always an idiot or three that spoils it for the good members who contribute, are good people and want to learn.

Low lifes.

Horatio Caine
07-30-2007, 01:09 PM
www.tennisform.com - stumbled upon it recently, by accident (tennisinsight link), but it looks like it might contain a wealth of information, certainly if the first page is anything to go by.

A_Skywalker
07-30-2007, 01:14 PM
www.tennisform.com - stumbled upon it recently, by accident (tennisinsight link), but it looks like it might contain a wealth of information, certainly if the first page is anything to go by.

Looks nice, I found something like that before 1 year, but I formatted and lost my favourites :o

Horatio Caine
07-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Crap - wrong thread! Sorry Prabu.

Horatio Caine
07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Looks nice, I found something like that before 1 year, but I formatted and lost my favourites :o

:sad:

Henry Chinaski
09-12-2007, 04:47 PM
A sticky FAQ thread for the tennis betting forum might be useful because the same questions seem to pop up over and over again.
What do handicaps mean, what is laying, what are units, different retirement rules etc.

bad gambler
10-07-2007, 12:38 AM
A sticky FAQ thread for the tennis betting forum might be useful because the same questions seem to pop up over and over again.
What do handicaps mean, what is laying, what are units, different retirement rules etc.

Sorry for the tardy response..only seeing this now

Sounds like a good idea, I'll try and get something up over the next week which covers a few areas.

bossboss
10-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Can we get rid of the Tennis Live scores in the Tennis section?

my point of view that you need to browse to the subforum to see if there is new posts on the day's topic because there is always a post in the live scores that is newer than everything else

bad gambler
10-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Can we get rid of the Tennis Live scores in the Tennis section?

my point of view that you need to browse to the subforum to see if there is new posts on the day's topic because there is always a post in the live scores that is newer than everything else

Main reason why the livescoring in the gamblers forums has been introduced is because of this

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=111541

If you want quick access to the daily tennis picks thread you can always subscribe to the thread and access it through your user cp

FitDave
11-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Setting up a challenge for next year would be cool.

This could be done in each subforum (Basketball, Soccer, NFL, whatever).
Some bookies might even donate something, ha!:)

Then we could finally get rid of those 30unit plays because the maximum stake would be 1unit.

bad gambler
12-30-2007, 11:41 PM

Henry 3 months on and I obviously haven't done this as yet - you interested to put something together? Or we can leave it as an open blank thread and build on it as the questions are asked.

bad gambler
12-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Setting up a challenge for next year would be cool.

This could be done in each subforum (Basketball, Soccer, NFL, whatever).
Some bookies might even donate something, ha!:)

Then we could finally get rid of those 30unit plays because the maximum stake would be 1unit.

I don't understand what you mean here? :confused:

Lebowski
12-31-2007, 12:34 AM
Only post winning picks

Gamblore
01-02-2008, 03:54 AM
Whats this new credit system about? Hardly post as i've been developing a football system at Betfair with soccer.

bad gambler
01-02-2008, 05:20 AM
Whats this new credit system about? Hardly post as i've been developing a football system at Betfair with soccer.

No difference to the v-cash system. Just a more fancy name.

Henry Chinaski
06-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Henry 3 months on and I obviously haven't done this as yet - you interested to put something together? Or we can leave it as an open blank thread and build on it as the questions are asked.

haha. I've just seen this now. I have the tennis forum bookmarked and don't venture beyond too often.

I actually had some stuff in mind when I first thought of the idea but it's all gone but anyway, If I get time I'll put some basic stuff together in the next few weeks and PM you. If not, well I'll give you a definitive answer by then anyway.
The open thread idea could work too.

Actually, funnily enough there doesn't seem to have been as many enquiries so far this year. There'd been a real flurry of them when I first suggested it.

ignatius
07-31-2008, 09:29 AM
haha. I've just seen this now. I have the tennis forum bookmarked and don't venture beyond too often.

I actually had some stuff in mind when I first thought of the idea but it's all gone but anyway, If I get time I'll put some basic stuff together in the next few weeks and PM you. If not, well I'll give you a definitive answer by then anyway.
The open thread idea could work too.

Actually, funnily enough there doesn't seem to have been as many enquiries so far this year. There'd been a real flurry of them when I first suggested it.

It would be cool if you guys put together a FAQ section related to tennis gambling. I have just gotten started and I'm not familiar with the jargon.

Things like...

What is a UNIT?

A treble (I already got the answer for that, but)

A fold?

What's the best site for tennis gambling?

Do you guys recommend sites like http://www.tennisbettingtips.com/?

maconick
07-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey BG i think it would be good if at the livescores page http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?&f=12.

You inserted this free livescore its http://www.livexscores.com/?p=16&sport=sport because its one of the only that has in game scores like 15-0 15-15 etc

FedAce
09-15-2008, 01:12 AM
OK guys, i posted this in my own thread. but here it is. at BETUS.com, Spain is +150 to win the matchup next week against United States. what this means is this if you bet $1000, you will win $1500. In my opinion, this is a Easy $500 in your pocket with virtually NO risk. US will NOT pull off an upset of the Century in spain, not going to happen. What do you think.??

FedAce
09-15-2008, 01:24 AM
If you guys think this odds is too good to be true, go to www.BETUS.com and it is all there. Just Don't crash them trying to put the bet in. I don't want them to wise up. Click on sportsbook then click on tennis then click on daviscup.

RaghuBhai
04-12-2009, 09:56 PM
hey i am in US...is it legal to bet in US???