Do you play, watch or gamble on tennis? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you play, watch or gamble on tennis?

Angle Queen
03-23-2005, 12:19 AM
First attempt at a poll here...but I'm curious (as those over in the Chat Forums can attest ;) ).

What is your participation level in tennis?

Check all that apply...and discuss if so inclined.

adeegee
03-23-2005, 12:20 AM
I see no poll but here are my answers.

I play tennis 4-5 times a week
I gamble on tennis whenever there is a tournament on :p
I watch tennis whenever there is tennis on tv, which isn't too often outside of GS and TMS

Quite an addict I am!

Angle Queen
03-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Try now...adeegee. Me and my browser had a :boxing: . Sorry.

AQ

adeegee
03-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Try now...adeegee. Me and my browser had a :boxing: . Sorry.

AQ

yeo works now! i ticked them all! :D

Booshie
03-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Great idea for a poll! :yeah:

I play for fun, as often as I can. I would play real matches and in a league if we had one. Unfortunately I'm in a small town with limited opportunities. Of course I watch tennis, whenever it's on. :)

bad gambler
03-23-2005, 01:01 AM
all of the above for me

El Legenda
03-23-2005, 01:05 AM
I play once every 2 or 3 years
I bet on once every 4years
and i never watch it.

:)

lucashg
03-23-2005, 01:07 AM
I never played tennis. All I know came from watching and reading quite a lot about it. I discovered tennis as my favorite sport not too long ago (during the Olympics) and quite addicted to watching it during the US Open. I just never attempted playing tennis because I couldn't/can't as I'm recovering from an injury. A month before I got addicted to the sport I broke my right arm, at least I'm left-handed and hopefully will be able to play one-handed backhand when I finally join a club at the end of the next month.

I'll play for fun. I wished I had discovered it earlier 'cos I'd really like to play competitive. Now I just can't, am 18 already. Don't even know if I'll be able to learn properly in the first place. :sad:

gravity
03-23-2005, 01:09 AM
I like to play, watch and have gambled away my life savings more than once. :p

Angle Queen
03-23-2005, 01:14 AM
I'll play for fun. I wished I had discovered it earlier 'cos I'd really like to play competitive. Now I just can't, am 18 already. Don't even know if I'll be able to learn properly in the first place. :sad:Have faith, Lucas. I never picked up a racket until I was 16...and even then only in a high school gym class. Even if it is only for fun...it is still for fun!

I have been on the court with men in their 70s...so you have plenty of time to learn. While it might be frustrating at first (especially if you watch all the professionals)...it will give you a lifetime of enjoyment.

MisterQ
03-23-2005, 01:20 AM
I play for fun, but since I play two silly little tournaments each year (one is intramural, and the other is a faculty tournament, lol), I put that down too. ;)

I also play often in order to stay active, since I am bored to death by treadmills, jogging, etc.

I love to watch tennis too, of course.

lucashg
03-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Have faith, Lucas. I never picked up a racket until I was 16...and even then only in a high school gym class. Even if it is only for fun...it is still for fun!

I have been on the court with men in their 70s...so you have plenty of time to learn. While it might be frustrating at first (especially if you watch all the professionals)...it will give you a lifetime of enjoyment.

Thank you, that's really encouraging. ;) :D

I do wanna learn and play and will, as soon as I can. I'm sure if I play as good as I play table tennis, it will be a enjoyment :p (obviously, in the for-fun category, because I could never play like those chinese :eek: ).

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-23-2005, 02:44 AM
i play for fun, watch it on TV, and bet vcash (when i can remember to)

Jennay
03-23-2005, 02:50 AM
I play competitively (tournaments and/or leagues).
I play for fun.
I like to watch.
I bet vCash on tennis.

ataptc
03-23-2005, 02:59 AM
I never played tennis. All I know came from watching and reading quite a lot about it. I discovered tennis as my favorite sport not too long ago (during the Olympics) and quite addicted to watching it during the US Open. I just never attempted playing tennis because I couldn't/can't as I'm recovering from an injury. A month before I got addicted to the sport I broke my right arm, at least I'm left-handed and hopefully will be able to play one-handed backhand when I finally join a club at the end of the next month.

I'll play for fun. I wished I had discovered it earlier 'cos I'd really like to play competitive. Now I just can't, am 18 already. Don't even know if I'll be able to learn properly in the first place. :sad:

awww all the best to you lucas! i liked tennis since i was 12 but never had a chance (nor money sadly) to play till I was 15, but even so I never had coaching (it's expensive here)..Really wanted to play competitive for school too :( Now i'm saving up money to pay for coaching myself so I guess I play for fun. I love watching and vbetting too :)

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2005, 03:05 AM
I play for fun AND like to watch, but was being brain dead and forgot to click the latter. Watching came before playing for me.

Daniel
03-23-2005, 03:12 AM
play fro fun :)

NATAS81
03-23-2005, 03:19 AM
I hope to play it on some of the outdoor courts around here.

Watch it whenever we're lucky enough to in the US. Which is kind of a downer with the way ESPN fails to show the top players without an American on the opposing end of the card.

And you're looking at the surprise of the season as far as vBetting. I'm a real Nadal in the making with a PimPim first serve.

Now, had I known in the past that Safin was a big screw up I never would have bet all in on him in the tournament after AO and would be giving Filipo a run for his v$$$. Literally.

Billabong
03-23-2005, 03:29 AM
play and watch:p!

knight_ley
03-23-2005, 03:38 AM
play watch and bet vcash :)

Auscon
03-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Although tennis is the only sport that I've always liked from when I was a little kid right through til now, I really only started to seriously follow the game in 2003....

I started playing at the start of 04, and play twice a week with some mates for fun. I wish I had started to play as a kid because after only having started playing the same time as my mates, I'm already leagues ahead in terms of what I can do on court. Nevertheless, I hope to make it more serious, join a club, maybe get some lessons etc

I only have free-to-air tv, so I watch every single match that we get on tv....aussie summer series, wimbledon, uso, and dc. And for pretty much every match that isnt on tv, as long as I'm at home I'll be sitting on the computer watching the livescoreboards

I've gambled with vcash a few times...last time though was when I bet that Coria would beat Nalbandian at the AO

Other: I read alot about the game, not the 'how to' stuff, but every book on the history of the game, and autobiography/biography that I can get my hands on....really interested in learning as much as I can about all the different eras of the sport, and not just the era that existed when I seriously started to follow the game.

Havent gambled real money on the game though

~EMiLiTA~
03-23-2005, 09:04 AM
I watch...and occasionally do Vcash

I used to play...played for 9 years but stopped about 5 years ago...want to start again though

CooCooCachoo
03-23-2005, 09:50 AM
i play for fun, watch it on TV, and bet vcash (when i can remember to)

Ditto ;)

The latter I don't do often though :p And when I do, I suck ;)

ataptc
03-23-2005, 10:11 AM
I watch...and occasionally do Vcash

I used to play...played for 9 years but stopped about 5 years ago...want to start again though
awww why did you stop?

Mrs. B
03-23-2005, 10:28 AM
i play for the fun of it, but play competively during Interclub and at our club tourney and i love watching live matches when i can, but mostly it's tv.
i bet vCash only 4 times so far, but small amounts. :p

User ID 4783
03-23-2005, 10:39 AM
I like to play for fun, watch, and sometimes bet vcash :)

*Ljubica*
03-23-2005, 11:13 AM
I watch avidly - both on TV and live at as many tournaments as possible - Wimbledon, Roland Garros, all the European Masters' and many other European tourneys as well. I haven't played for 15 years now due to a back operation - never was very good at it anyway - not really a sporty person - definately a watcher not a player! I bet occasionally (both VCash and real money) but not very often.

bad gambler
03-23-2005, 11:15 AM
I haven't played for 15 years now due to a back operation - never was very good at it anyway

so last time you played was when you were 3? ;)

Smankyou
03-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Very smooth, BG.

*Ljubica*
03-23-2005, 11:18 AM
so last time you played was when you were 3? ;)

LOL - I love you :hug: If I could GoodRep such a sweet-talker I would, but it tells me I must spread the love again first!!

savesthedizzle
03-23-2005, 11:44 AM
I bet with vCash obsessively, and I played for a month or so in gym class in high school, but I'm planning on taking Beginners Tennis next semester at college, so that should be fun.

Douggie Style
03-23-2005, 11:44 AM
I like to watch and play vCash. Don't play very often.

Deivid23
03-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Like to watch and bet real money

syd
03-23-2005, 12:27 PM
i don' t play
i watch, the other play better

Aguante_el_Gato
03-23-2005, 03:29 PM
I used to play when I was between 10 and 15 years. Later I began with rugby, and now I play soccer and golf.
I watch all the tennis that I can. Luckily in Argentina we have very good cover (between Latin ESPN America, FoxSports and TyC sports)
I only make bets with vcash

Turkeyballs Paco
03-23-2005, 03:36 PM
play a few times a week
usually watch if it's the guys, only sometimes if it's the ladies
haven't started gambling yet, but probably will. I suck at gambling.

Goget
03-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Play and gamble a lot, watch sometimes :)