Teams 2005 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Teams 2005

Björki
03-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Already confirmed are:
Sweden (Joachim and Thomas Johansson)
Germany (Nicolas Kiefer and Tommy Haas)

It looks like ARG (Nalbandian and Coria) and Chile
(Massu and Gonzalez) will play in Düsseldorf as well.

http://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.php?Idx=173478&IdxSeccion=100443

Sommarsverige
03-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Great news, Peggy ;)
Do you think Coria will play? I cannot really imagine this..
When will we know the rest of the teams for sure??

So much looking forward :banana: :banana: :banana:

Björki
03-23-2005, 07:19 AM
:worship: to Jime for the link and translation.

http://www3.terra.com.ar/canales/tenis/110/110618.html
Coria and Nalbandian would play in Dusseldorf

Mission Dusseldorf. Argentina will try with its best players to recover the World Team Cup, that will be played in Germany between the 15th and 21st of May, and which had Chile as the winner the last two years.
The National team would be made by the top ten, Guillermo Coria and David Nalbandian, in a clear response as how Dusseldorf became something more than a compromise tournament.
La Legión took the tournament in 2002 with a team formed by Cañas, Acasuso, Etlis, Arnold and Hernan Gumy as the captain. And now, they'll try to repeat and finish with the Chilean dominance.

Björki
03-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Gaudio confirmed he will play in Düsseldorf.
german article (http://de.sports.yahoo.com/050324/14/3pdy.html)

Sommarsverige
03-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Gaudio confirmed he will play in Düsseldorf.
german article (http://de.sports.yahoo.com/050324/14/3pdy.html)

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Björki
03-25-2005, 08:49 AM
@ Birte so our both favourites (from ARG) are there :)

elletrista
03-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Coria, Nalbandian and Gaudio

Dream Team Argentina on Clay (and Cañas???)

:wavey:

Go Argentines .....

*Ljubica*
03-25-2005, 06:55 PM

Go Argentines .....

The 4th player hasn't been confirmed yet - but I truly hope it's Cañas :)

Vale
03-25-2005, 07:25 PM

Go Argentines .....

Great news! Never believe anything you read in Infobae - luckily ESPN and Olé have confirmed that Gaudio will play! :D
VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!

Sommarsverige
03-25-2005, 09:03 PM
The 4th player hasn't been confirmed yet - but I truly hope it's Cañas :)

I also think it´s a great Argentine team :inlove:
I would love to see Willy or Mariano as the 4th man, but please not Chela!!!

Vale
03-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Will Coria play?
In yesterday´s La Nación of Argentina, Josep Perlas, Coria´s coach, says: "If he´s played sufficient matches, we will rest, and otherwise we will study the possibility of Düsseldorf".

Eugenia
03-27-2005, 08:10 PM
I also think it´s a great Argentine team :inlove:
I would love to see Willy or Mariano as the 4th man, but please not Chela!!!

Why not Chela??? :(

Sommarsverige
03-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Why not Chela??? :(

I do not like him as much as the other Argentine players, cos I have had some negative experience with him. But this is just my opinion.

*Ljubica*
03-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Will Coria play?
In yesterday´s La Nación of Argentina, Josep Perlas, Coria´s coach, says: "If he´s played sufficient matches, we will rest, and otherwise we will study the possibility of Düsseldorf".

I think this is what happens every year - the really top players like Nalbandian, Coria and Gaudio will "hedge their bets" about Dusseldorf and not commit definately until about a week before. If they get knocked out early in Hamburg and feel they need some extra match practice then they will participate, - but if they reach semi final stages in Hamburg they may decide they would benefit more from a week's rest before RG, where they are realistically expected to reach the second week, whereas people like Zabaleta, Calleri and Chela are probably not. And don't worry Eugenia - I like Chela :) My ideal team would be David, Gaston, Willy Canas and Agustin Calleri - but we'll just have to wait and see.

Eugenia
03-28-2005, 12:38 AM
I do not like him as much as the other Argentine players, cos I have had some negative experience with him. But this is just my opinion.

Oh, it's OK. :)

Eugenia
03-28-2005, 12:42 AM
I think this is what happens every year - the really top players like Nalbandian, Coria and Gaudio will "hedge their bets" about Dusseldorf and not commit definately until about a week before. If they get knocked out early in Hamburg and feel they need some extra match practice then they will participate, - but if they reach semi final stages in Hamburg they may decide they would benefit more from a week's rest before RG, where they are realistically expected to reach the second week, whereas people like Zabaleta, Calleri and Chela are probably not. And don't worry Eugenia - I like Chela :) My ideal team would be David, Gaston, Willy Canas and Agustin Calleri - but we'll just have to wait and see.

Totally agree! I like your team, I would love to see Coria too. But it depends on their physical status...

*Ljubica*
03-29-2005, 07:28 AM
Totally agree! I like your team, I would love to see Coria too. But it depends on their physical status...

I am not a fan of Coria at all - but it seems he has definately committed to WTC this year whereas David is now saying it is not in his schedule - so maybe Juan will go after all for you.

smucav
03-29-2005, 04:40 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050329/sp_wl_afp/tennisatpteamaus_050329151720Australia get wild card for ATP world team cup

DUSSELDORF, Germany (AFP) - Australia, represented by Lleyton Hewitt and Wayne Arthurs, have been handed a wild card entry for the ATP world team cup to be held here between May 15-21.

"Lleyton Hewitt is currently the second best player in the world which guarantees top level as well as attraction. This made the decision for Australia relatively easy for the ATP and us," said tournament organiser Dietloff von Arnim on Tuesday.

Seven other teams have already qualified for the tournament thanks to the rankings of their two best players.

They are the United States (Andy Roddick, Andre Agassi), Argentina (Guillermo Coria, David Nalbandian), Spain (Carlos Moya, Tommy Robredo), Russia (Marat Safin, Mikhail Youzhny), title holders Chile (Nicolas Massu, Fernando Gonzalez), Sweden (Joachim Johansson, Thomas Johansson) and Germany (Tommy Haas, Nicolas Kiefer).

Björki
03-29-2005, 04:46 PM
I am not a fan of Coria at all - but it seems he has definately committed to WTC this year whereas David is now saying it is not in his schedule - so maybe Juan will go after all for you.
hope you are not right about David Rosie :) I really hope he will come to Düsseldorf this year.

*Ljubica*
03-29-2005, 05:02 PM
hope you are not right about David Rosie :) I really hope he will come to Düsseldorf this year.

He honestly hasn't made up his mind yet Peggy - I know that for a fact. It's not in his schedule - if he loses early in Hamburg he will go - if not he'll take that week off. Nothing is definate either way at this stage despite some press comments to the contrary.

jazz_girl
03-29-2005, 06:48 PM
In one newspaper Coria is saying that he'll go for sure in another one that it will depend on his results in the clay season. David is not sure about it yet, and the only player which said he will go for sure is Gastón.

Björki
04-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Coria just told the tournament office that he will play in Düsseldorf.

*Ljubica*
04-07-2005, 12:57 PM
David defintely won't play Dusseldorf so the 3rd Argentine player has yet to be decided yet.

Björki
04-08-2005, 06:35 AM
USA is coming with Dent and the Bryans. (from yahoo.de)

smucav
04-13-2005, 07:44 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2005/wtc_participants2005.aspNews
April 11, 2005
2005 ARAG World Team Cup Participants Set

2004 Roland Garros champion Gaston Gaudio and fellow Argentine Guillermo Coria will be the top stars at this year's ARAG World Team Cup in Düsseldorf's Rochusclub. Australia, led by World No. 2 Lleyton Hewitt received the Wildcard from the tournament organization and the ATP. Up and coming players like Joachim Johansson (Sweden) and Taylor Dent (USA) will also give the event special quality.

Germany will be represented by local heroes Tommy Haas and Nicolas Kiefer (Coach: Patrik Kuehnen). Haas will appear on an 80-meter high poster on ARAG tower -- headquarters of main sponsor ARAG -- before and during the event.

http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/other/aragtower_180x304.jpg

Chile will try to defend the trophy with Gold medal winners Nicolas Massú and Fernando Gonzalez. WDR TV broadcasts 24 hours live from ARAG World Team Cup which will be shown in more than 175 countries again.

Participants 2005:
1) ARGENTINA (17) Guillermo Coria (7) & Gaston Gaudio (10)
2) GERMANY (37) Tommy Haas (17) & Nicolas Kiefer (20)
3) CHILE (40) Nicolas Massu (18) & Fernando Gonzalez (22)
4) SWEDEN (42) Joachim Johansson (12) & Thomas Johansson (30)
5) USA (51) Vincent Spadea (19) & Taylor Dent (32)
6) SPAIN (57) Tommy Robredo (13) & David Ferrer (44)
7) FRANCE (60) Sebastien Grosjean (15) & Michael Llodra (45)
8) AUSTRALIA (100) Lleyton Hewitt (3) & Wayne Arthurs (97)

+alonso
04-25-2005, 03:08 AM
:bigclap: CHILEEEEEEE ! ! ! :clap2:

Björki
04-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Guillermo Canas will play in Düsseldorf too.

binkygirl
04-26-2005, 07:51 PM

What happened?

Daniel
04-27-2005, 06:15 AM
Good luck Argentina :dance:

Bratzo
04-28-2005, 05:36 AM
vamos chile y argentina! quiero una final sudaka!

DeccyB123
04-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Go Australia!!! Especially Wayno!!! :yeah:

Björki
04-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Go Australia, Kom igen Sverige :banana:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
04-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Vamos Chile and Argentina!!!!

Alvarillo
04-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Santiago Ventura joins David Ferrer and Tommy Robredo
Santi will play doubles with Ferrer (they've won 2 ATP titles this year on south america's clay season)
good luck!

Fergie
05-01-2005, 02:44 AM
Vamos Chile y España!!! :yeah:

DanEd
05-01-2005, 03:29 AM
This tournament is overrated since it is practically an exhibition-training for roland garros . what a wrong name (very far from being a world cup ).

cobalt60
05-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Well that will depend on who plays for their country I guess. ;) It could be a great tounie and really mean something! That said- Vamos Chile make it 3 years in a row! We know what playing for their country means to Massu and Gonzalez! :worship:

Daniel
05-02-2005, 08:00 AM
This tournament is overrated since it is practically an exhibition-training for roland garros . what a wrong name (very far from being a world cup ).

The name doesnt matter it it the players who make the tournament and havin gCoria and Gaudio playing here says a lot.

smucav
05-05-2005, 03:03 AM
http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/05/04/notennis.shtmlRussian Tennis Team Barred From World Championship After Safin Refuses to Play
Created: 04.05.2005 17:06 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 17:06 MSK, 12 hours 49 minutes ago
MosNews

The Russian tennis team will not take part in the World Team Championship in Dusseldorf on May 15-21 after Russia’s top player Marat Safin refused to play for the national team reducing its rating critically.

Russia’s RIA-Novosti news agency on Wednesday quoted a source in the organization committee of the championship as saying that Safin’s refusal to head the Russian team had led to a drastic drop in the team’s rating as it is composed of the individual players’ ratings. As a result, Russia’s place in the championship was taken by the French team.

The Russians have taken part in 10 world team tennis championships, but won none so far.

Until, I saw this article, I hadn't noticed that Russia had been removed from the original list of qualifiers that came out in November (http://www.arag-world-team-cup.com/en/news/stories/newsarticle_6743_rx.asp) & replaced with France.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
05-05-2005, 04:32 AM
Vamos Spain - Tommy,(have to play well in the single :boxing: )Ferrer and Ventura!
& Chile - Gonzo and Massu! :yeah:

smucav
05-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Hewitt out:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1650020&postcount=31

DeccyB123
05-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Anyone know who''ll take Lleyton's spot?

Neely
05-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Anyone know who''ll take Lleyton's spot?
I just got news that Australia withdrew completely from the World Team Cup.
Czech Republic will replace them.

SwissMister1
05-11-2005, 04:58 PM
I just got news that Australia withdrew completely from the World Team Cup.
Czech Republic will replace them.

Thanks for the news, I guess that hurts for Arthurs and Luczak though.

CocoT_Do
05-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Vamos España !!! :yeah:

musicilike
05-13-2005, 06:41 AM
The Czech Republic will play at the World Team Championship at
Duesseldorf's Rochusclub replacing the original wild card team, Australia. The
team from “Down Under” was forced to withdraw because top player Lleyton Hewitt
suffered two broken ribs when falling down a stair. The Czechs will compete with
veteran Jiri Novak and youngster Tomas Berdych.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
05-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Great news :) Allez Jiri & Tomas! Vive La République Tchèque :worship: and get well soon Lleyton :hug: Bec pls take care of him. That's life...