Federer is to Hewitt as Sampras is to Agassi? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer is to Hewitt as Sampras is to Agassi?

sprinterluck
03-22-2005, 01:41 AM
IMO, Safin-Federer will be the best rivalry with Agassi-Sampras like magic if Safin doesn't go walkabout.

But, the following Agassi quotes could apply to
Hewitt's form against Federer recently if you replace
"Sampras, Sampras, Sampras, Sampras and Sampras" with
"Federer, Federer, Federer, Federer, and Federer"

AGASSI QUOTATIONS:
*Being number two sucks.
*It has meant a lot to me to challenge the best players in the world and to beat them. And it means a lot to me to be out here and fighting for the title and, you know, it hurts not to win it.
*Sampras, Sampras, Sampras, Sampras and Sampras"--Andre Agassi's reply when asked who are the best five players of all time

erik-the-red
03-22-2005, 01:46 AM
I think Federer / Hewitt is closer to Sampras / Chang.

Chang is actually the only player to have ever beaten Sampras five times in a row. Of course, he did between 1989 and 1990, but the point is, he did it.

Before last year, Hewitt actually had a winning record against Federer. Not anymore.

sprinterluck
03-22-2005, 01:50 AM
I think Federer / Hewitt is closer to Sampras / Chang.

Chang is actually the only player to have ever beaten Sampras five times in a row. Of course, he did between 1989 and 1990, but the point is, he did it.

Before last year, Hewitt actually had a winning record against Federer. Not anymore.

Good one! Sampras:Chang is to Federer:Hewitt

And both Chang and Hewitt reached success early in their careers.
But Hewitt has more weapons than Chang.

Sampras : Agassi is to Federer : Safin

(Federer-Safin in that amazing tiebreak at the TMC Houston 2004 and their epic Aus Open Semi this year produced the same magic as some of the Sampras-Agassi GS classics).

sigmagirl91
03-22-2005, 01:54 AM
What, kryptonite?

alfonsojose
03-22-2005, 02:02 AM
On clay and rebound ace, Andre could handle Pete. On clay, Hewitt is even more vulnerable against JesusFed, so definitely NO

World Beater
03-22-2005, 06:06 AM
yes but roger can handle safin on clay, hard and grass...sure safin has one big win...but its still 6-2.