Getting to know other A-Rod Fans better. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Getting to know other A-Rod Fans better.

Pages : [1] 2

Volcanic Tennis
03-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Hi!

Well, you might guess, I'm new :)
my name is Matt and I'm 14 and from Canada. I'm homosexual. I thought I'd get that out in the open.

Anyways, I just wanted to know stuff about other A-Rod fans. Oh, and, by the way, if you have AIM, contact me @ Zaiaku Zetsumei. ^^

Volcanic Tennis
03-22-2005, 12:15 AM
No one wants to tell me about themselves? =( -feels rejected-

Deboogle!.
03-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Deb, 22, from Boston, then Houston, now LA. Female, been a tennis fan for a long time. Law student, purple is favorite color.

What else?

kellyrae07
03-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi! I'm Kelly from Iowa. I am almost 23. I lived in Canada for about 5 months!! I was in Winnipeg. Nice to meet you! By the way, Sharapova is my favorite female player as well!

Volcanic Tennis
03-22-2005, 12:21 AM
:) YAY! This isn't a desert anymore.

I live in Quebec ^^ Very french here. Hmm.

My favorite color is Green. I like Autumn over other seasons..

Deboogle!.
03-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Quebec! Aha! Tres bien! :)

blosson
03-22-2005, 12:38 AM
Halloow, blosson from london and i hate andy :inlove: ops

welcome!

blosson
03-22-2005, 12:39 AM
what's zaiaku zetsumei? it sounds japanese

Volcanic Tennis
03-22-2005, 12:42 AM
It is :) For "Sin Death". I wanted to make it Zetsumei no Zaiaku though [Sin of death].

Tres bien, Deb!

Deboogle!.
03-22-2005, 12:43 AM
Est-ce que tu sais que c'est un forum francais? C'est tres chouette :cool:

Volcanic Tennis
03-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Je n'aime pas parler cette langue... trop d'accents, etc.

superpinkone37
03-22-2005, 01:32 AM
16, female, from so. california, like not too far from LA. I also hate Andy...until he wins again. And I play tennis and I like the color pink and I like Marat...I dunno lol

andyroxmysox12191
03-22-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm Manpreet or Mani...14 and female...live in southern NJ...love blue...and the number 21...12191 stands for Jan 21st 91 (my birthday)...i also hate andy :p...love marat and a bunch of others....I play basketball and I'm gonna do tennis in hs. Just ask if you wanna know more :p

Havok
03-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Naldo, 19, montreal, male. That's enough.:p

Whatup86
03-22-2005, 01:51 AM
Hi!,

I'm Mary, 18 from Northern Caifornia now living in Oklahoma. I will graduate May 20th and will go to Vet school and my fave color is blue. I also show dogs that I own and I also show other people's dogs.

Becarina
03-22-2005, 02:00 AM
Wow, I think I am the oldest one here! Ugh...Im Becky, 27 years old, live in Austin Texas, don't hate Andy but I also love Marat and want to have his children someday, who knows ;) I am learning to speak Russian, slowly. I am the assistant manager of a hotel .... :)

hmm...maybe too much info!

Volcanic Tennis
03-22-2005, 02:20 AM
It's funny though. I've noticed:
- Most Roddick fans are female [So far, I'm the only guy who posted in this topic, and I'm gay :P];
- Most Roddick fans are under 30 [This just seems true... or maybe the older folks don't use forums :P];
- We all "hate" Andy until he wins again :P LOL

I just can't wait for Andy to win a tournament again >:O

MisterQ
03-22-2005, 02:20 AM
Hi!

Well, you might guess, I'm new :)
my name is Matt and I'm 14 and from Canada. I'm homosexual. I thought I'd get that out in the open.

Anyways, I just wanted to know stuff about other A-Rod fans. Oh, and, by the way, if you have AIM, contact me @ Zaiaku Zetsumei. ^^

Hi Matt. I'm Matt! ;) :wavey:

Volcanic Tennis
03-22-2005, 02:21 AM
Holy moly! Another male on this forum! I'm like... o_o halucinating.

Deboogle!.
03-22-2005, 02:22 AM
We have a few males - Naldo, Nicolas, Rodney, Mr. Man, Q, Fumus.... plenty of guys!

Volcanic Tennis
03-22-2005, 02:26 AM
But I'm one of a kind... seriously, lol.

o_o @ your avatar Deb

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 02:28 AM
you know that I'm Lizzie and I'm 20... I'm a student at Oxford University studying law... and have serious issues with an ex boyfriend... :mad:

Volcanic Tennis
03-22-2005, 02:32 AM
Aww. Men! LOL!

I think I want to study law. That or become a writting-related person. o_0

Havok
03-22-2005, 02:35 AM
I did write "male" in my little info thing there.;)

Volcanic Tennis
03-22-2005, 02:40 AM
>> LOL! I'm so sorry Naldo. I was looking through it quickly... kinda was multitasking. >> I guess I imagined two other letters before it :P LOL, sorry. Ncie to see a nice ratio of Canada in here ^^

Jennay
03-22-2005, 02:41 AM
Jennifer (Jen), female, Florida, 14.

aceit
03-22-2005, 03:17 AM
And I like the way he puffs his cheeks out and sticks his booty around when he serves.
:lol:

Lauren/14 (15 in exactly a month)/female/freshman in high school/obsessive with not only following tennis but playing it

Welcome Matt. :wavey:

zoltan83
03-22-2005, 03:31 AM
Est-ce que tu sais que c'est un forum francais? C'est tres chouette :cool:
:yeah:
Faudra y refaire un tour ma très chère :)
Je n'aime pas parler cette langue... trop d'accents, etc.
Elle est très bien cette langue :mad: ;)

I'm Nicolas. I'm a male. I'm 22 years-old and live in Belgium. And I study law.

zoltan83
03-22-2005, 03:32 AM
Naldo, 19, montreal, male. That's enough.:p
:o And from the start, I always thought that you came from Toronto :o

aceit
03-22-2005, 03:35 AM
Wow so many law students.

Havok
03-22-2005, 03:54 AM
:o And from the start, I always thought that you came from Toronto :o
Nicolas, Toronto folk don't know how to speak French.;) That's a dead giveaway considering you know I can speak the language.:p

J. Corwin
03-22-2005, 04:15 AM
I'm Jace, male, 22, and live in Cali. :) Go to UC Berkeley and play some tennis. :cool:

Cya around! :wavey:

Deboogle!.
03-22-2005, 04:17 AM
:yeah:
Faudra y refaire un tour ma très chère :)

Ah bien sur, je sais, je sais.... desolee :sad:

jace your sig! :worship:

J. Corwin
03-22-2005, 04:33 AM
jace your sig! :worship:

Camp Anawanna will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

It was one of my fave childhood shows. :lol:

I just added a nice link to my sig. :angel:

Noelle
03-22-2005, 06:10 AM
Hi, I'm Noelle. I'm new here as well, but I've been around the Andy fandom since August 2004. :) I live in the Philippines, am 21 years old, and am taking up my master's degree in Journalism.

Peta Pan
03-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Peta, nearly 27. I live in Melbourne Australia and go to the Australian Open every year. Been an Andy fan since September last year, but my very favourite players are Andrei Pavel, Sebastien Grosjean and Jerome Golmard.

fangirl
03-22-2005, 11:35 AM
You forgot to mention Sexay Rogerer Peta ;)

blosson
03-22-2005, 01:23 PM
No one wants to tell me about themselves? =( -feels rejected-

Mr Volcanic, now you have loads of friends.

Most Roddick fans are female [So far, I'm the only guy who posted in this topic, and I'm gay :P];

I did not write my gender. I could be a male alien...

Wow so many law students.

Andy fans are a really clever bunch! We are actually thinking in donating pieces of our own brains to Andy so he could get over his mental issues.

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 02:04 PM
he can't have my brain until my finals are over... then he can have it all, though Im not sure he'd want it... mine's in a worse state than his!!

zoltan83
03-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Nicolas, Toronto folk don't know how to speak French.;) That's a dead giveaway considering you know I can speak the language.:p
I should not forget this...
:bolt: *run away from Naldo*

jasmine(usa)
03-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Jasmine ,28, so you're not the oldest one here Becky. I'm from Knoxville,Tn, but I live in the Smoky Mtns now. I still love Andy even though my husband thinks he chokes too much. Thinks all the guys in her sig is sexy especially the Argentine and the Russian. I also like Sharapova, but Kim Clijsters is my fave in the wta. I love to play and follow tennis as much as I can.

joske
03-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Joost (short: Joske), 20-year old (since last week! lol) guy from Westerlo, a small town in Flanders, Belgium and I study Tourism (first year)... oh yes, and I'm gay too :p

and I think Andy is God.. well, together with JC Ferrero that is ;)

Bienvenu à MTF, chérie :kiss: j'espère de t'parler ici dans le futur!! :wavey:

tangerine_dream
03-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Tangy. One of resident geezers here (think Andre's age ;) ). Married with cats.

Favorite MTF Hobby: bashing the shit out of the Roddick-haters :devil: Deb doesn't like my stupendous trolling abilities but it's a good trade-off because I have to put up with her constant criticism and negativity about Andy when he **eek** loses. :p :rolleyes: :lol: :hug:

Also a slutfan of Sexaaay Rogerer. :bowdown:

That's all you get for now. Welcome :wavey:

Deboogle!.
03-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Favorite MTF Hobby: bashing the shit out of the Roddick-haters :devil: Deb doesn't like my stupendous trolling abilities but it's a good trade-off because I have to put up with her constant criticism and negativity about Andy when he **eek** loses. :p :rolleyes: :lol: :hug:

:ras: it's a good thing you're cute :p

am&a
03-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Also a slutfan of Sexaaay Rogerer. :bowdown:ditto. d:

snaillyyy
03-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Carole, 27 yo, occassional has half a brain :rolleyes: also a lover of Lord Carlos(that came out so wrong :devil: better run from renaterer and gang)

Black Adam
03-22-2005, 05:21 PM
It's funny though. I've noticed:
- Most Roddick fans are female [So far, I'm the only guy who posted in this topic, and I'm gay :P];
- Most Roddick fans are under 30 [This just seems true... or maybe the older folks don't use forums :P];
- We all "hate" Andy until he wins again :P LOL

I just can't wait for Andy to win a tournament again >:O :wavey:
15 yrs old, Rodney,male, Paris, I always like and support andy even when he is playing crap :p
Enjoy yourself here :yeah: :rocker2:

P.S if you hear some heavy Roddick Bashing on GM do not be bothered....that's all GM is about senseless bashing on A-Rod ;) :o

PinkFeatherBoa
03-22-2005, 06:04 PM
OK I'll introduce myself to the newb { you can find out a bit more in the "Questionnaire" thread if you care to ;o}.

I'm Jenny, 19, female {um}, London. Oh, and I too like pink.

Volcanic Tennis
03-22-2005, 08:00 PM
LOL! Lots of people. -no longer a reject... I think-

Andy can I have my brain over Easter, too. I won't be... well, thinking. :) LOL

What is GM?

And it's nice to know I'm not a minority - Canadian, Male or French - either. Par contre, je préfère la langue Anglaise au Français. Mais je suis bon en Français (je dois l'être, je vais à une école française...)

I don't have any other favorites, really. I've been playing tennis a while (on hiatus right now though) but only REALLY started following it at the US Open 2004. Clijsters seems cool, but I don't really know her, you know? So right now I'm sticking with my two faves- Maria (who got beaten so badly by Serena...) and Andy (he's lucky he's cute and has all of us to get brains from). lol

Tytta!.
03-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Carole, 27 yo, occassional has half a brain :rolleyes: also a lover of Lord Carlos(that came out so wrong :devil: better run from renaterer and gang)

I know you did it to get the better of me :o

And I'm Renata, 17, female from Brazil. I pray to Lord Carlos each 7 seconds and Rogerer is really sexay :) Welcome ;)

adeegee
03-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Adam, 20, from Scotland but studying in London. Am I a legitamate poster in here if Andy's my 2nd favourite player? He used to be my favourite until young Rafa came along. Although I've enjoyed my several Roddick arguments with many annoying haters on MTF

Deboogle!.
03-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi Adam! :wavey: Nice to see you in the Andy forum, I enjoy your additions to the live tourney threads and whatnot - I didn't know you liked Andy at all.

Of course you are a legitimate poster here if Andy's your 2nd fave!!! Heck, we have plenty of legitimate posters here who don't even like Andy at all :):lol: Hope to see you around more.

liptea
03-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Adam, 20, from Scotland but studying in London. Am I a legitamate poster in here if Andy's my 2nd favourite player? He used to be my favourite until young Rafa came along. Although I've enjoyed my several Roddick arguments with many annoying haters on MTF

Andy's not my favorite player, even though I like him a lot. But I spend more time here than at the Moya forum. Oh well.

Deboogle!.
03-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Andy's not my favorite player, even though I like him a lot. But I spend more time here than at the Moya forum. Oh well.

It's a testament to our :cool:-ness

:lol:

adeegee
03-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Hi Adam! :wavey: Nice to see you in the Andy forum, I enjoy your additions to the live tourney threads and whatnot - I didn't know you liked Andy at all.

Of course you are a legitimate poster here if Andy's your 2nd fave!!! Heck, we have plenty of legitimate posters here who don't even like Andy at all :):lol: Hope to see you around more.

Yeah, I've kept it under wraps a little bit. I became a fan when I saw him for the 1st time at the French Open against Chang when he'd never played a 5 set match before and was cramping like mad in the 5th, but just unleashed on everything and finally won. He's had quite a few matches like that, I like his energy and passion on court. I was starting to think he was losing it a bit recently but his match against Hewitt the other day has reignited my support :p . Also the tragic amount of Andy-haters has made me like him more, and I just wish he'd stuff Roger in the near future.

MisterQ
03-22-2005, 09:25 PM

Similar situation here, because Andy's forum is much more active than Andre's. :worship:

blosson
03-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Debs, your avatar looks wierd. It looks like the poor duck is giving himself a blow job.. (dirty mind of mine) huh

Deboogle!.
03-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I've kept it under wraps a little bit. I became a fan when I saw him for the 1st time at the French Open against Chang when he'd never played a 5 set match before and was cramping like mad in the 5th, but just unleashed on everything and finally won. He's had quite a few matches like that, I like his energy and passion on court. I was starting to think he was losing it a bit recently but his match against Hewitt the other day has reignited my support :p . Also the tragic amount of Andy-haters has made me like him more, and I just wish he'd stuff Roger in the near future.

lol! Ah yes, the Chang match, one of my faves. I wish he'd battle and dig deep like that more often now! I hear what you mean about Andy-haters making you like them even more LOL. And we all feel that way about Roger I think ;) Well you don't have to keep anything under wraps here, we're glad to have ya :)

Sorry, blosson.. just try to think about it more in terms of he's trying to find his head, which is up his ass right now, y'know? :lol:

tangerine_dream
03-22-2005, 09:30 PM

The administrators may as well move the Moya forum in here seeing as how even the die-hard Moya fans are making pit stops in here. :lol:

Who else do we have in here? A couple of Hippos running around loose. Call the circus. :devil:

EDIT

Volcanic: GM = General Morons, er, Messages :rolleyes:

Q: but the Andre forum has really picked up since last year. Gigan's a die-hard fan. :)

EDIT AGAIN

blosson wrote: Debs, your avatar looks wierd. It looks like the poor duck is giving himself a blow job.. (dirty mind of mine) huh

I'll bet Andy can do that :devil:

adeegee
03-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Debs, your avatar looks wierd. It looks like the poor duck is giving himself a blow job.. (dirty mind of mine) huh

:haha:

blosson
03-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Sorry, blosson.. just try to think about it more in terms of he's trying to find his head, which is up his ass right now, y'know? :lol:

I think the duck is trying to find something else...
:)

Carito_90
03-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi, I'm Carito (Carolina), Female, from Argentina (yeah I speak Spanish lol) and I'm 14. Um... not much to say. Nice to meet you :)

MisterQ
03-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Q: but the Andre forum has really picked up since last year. Gigan's a die-hard fan. :)

You're right about that. He deserves a lot of credit for his persistence. :yeah:

blosson wrote: Debs, your avatar looks wierd. It looks like the poor duck is giving himself a blow job.. (dirty mind of mine) huh

yet another reason to envy Andy Roddick :mad: ;)

blosson
03-22-2005, 09:48 PM

Andy ain't got a girlfriend so I'm sure his hands been busy!

star
03-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Jasmine ,28, so you're not the oldest one here Becky. I'm from Knoxville,Tn, but I live in the Smoky Mtns now. I still love Andy even though my husband thinks he chokes too much. Thinks all the guys in her sig is sexy especially the Argentine and the Russian. I also like Sharapova, but Kim Clijsters is my fave in the wta. I love to play and follow tennis as much as I can.\

Jasmine -- visit the Lleyton forum sometime. We have a thread dedicated to all things Kim. :)

MissFairy
03-22-2005, 10:13 PM
hiya :wavey: im Sarah, 17 from London :) er..okay im a girl, i thought i might point it out, in case there are male sarahs, well you never know :shrug:

I HATE ANDY, not roddick but someone else...and im in the process of failing so much im gonna flunk school.

lifes good :)

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:17 PM
hiya :wavey: im Sarah, 17 from London :) er..okay im a girl, i thought i might point it out, in case there are male sarahs, well you never know :shrug:

I HATE ANDY, not roddick but someone else...and im in the process of failing so much im gonna flunk school.

lifes good :)
AWESOME!! :) you're right..life IS good!!

(unless of course you were being ironic!!..but still life is good down Oxford way!!)

snaillyyy
03-22-2005, 10:19 PM
I know you did it to get the better of me :o

Actually for once I didnt, shocking as it may seem :rolleyes: but after I typed it, it seemed to good to let it pass :kiss:

MissFairy
03-22-2005, 10:20 PM
AWESOME!! :) you're right..life IS good!!

(unless of course you were being ironic!!..but still life is good down Oxford way!!)
well..erm...yes flunking was my life aim :p :lol: actually life is good, seriously! easter break :dance:
oxford sounds cool, i wanna come! (not to the uni, i need smarts for that)

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:23 PM
well..erm...yes flunking was my life aim :p :lol: actually life is good, seriously! easter break :dance:
oxford sounds cool, i wanna come! (not to the uni, i need smarts for that)

Woo hoo!!! easter break.. unfortunately I have exams to revise for...:sad:

come to Oxford, stay at the Cribbatoruim...;)

MissFairy
03-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Woo hoo!!! easter break.. unfortunately I have exams to revise for...:sad:

come to Oxford, stay at the Cribbatoruim...;)
consider me there :)

:secret: i need to revise too :sad:

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:27 PM
what you revising for? what subjects do you do.. I can help with politics, history, english language, german, law...

MissFairy
03-22-2005, 10:29 PM
um im doing bio, chem maths and english lit :o not your forté then? :p

but im cool, i just need to concentrate and not get distracted by you lovely people :hug:

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:30 PM

but im cool, i just need to concentrate and not get distracted by you lovely people :hug:
:hug: for that!!

bloody hell... why on earth you doing that... oh yeah you want to be a doctor person don't you?

my life is about to get very hectic... it's time to get the gown out again...eeek!!

when are your exams?

blosson
03-22-2005, 10:31 PM
oh, this thread is now owned by the British empire...

roisin
03-22-2005, 10:32 PM
what you revising for? what subjects do you do.. I can help with politics, history, english language, german, law...
german eh?? well ive been doing it in school for 5 years and i still cant form a sentence.....is there any hope for me?? :shrug: :lol:

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:33 PM
oh, this thread is now owned by the British empire...
THE EMPIRE!! *clinks glass*

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:34 PM
german eh?? well ive been doing it in school for 5 years and i still cant form a sentence.....is there any hope for me?? :shrug: :lol:
erm... after 5 years... it's time to learn a different language mate... :lol:

only joking.. I struggle with my French.. keep at it... you'll be fine..

I have to learn Afrikkans... joy of joys!

adeegee
03-22-2005, 10:35 PM

could you have chosen any harder subjects :eek: :eek: :eek:

don't bother studying, all your educational needs can be found on MTF

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:37 PM
could you have chosen any harder subjects :eek: :eek: :eek:

don't bother studying, all your educational needs can be found on MTF
physics. now there's a killer apparently... however one of my best friends is pursuing an MChem...(a masters in Chemistry) and it's apprently the hardest thing you can even think of doing... ever!!

roisin
03-22-2005, 10:39 PM
erm... after 5 years... it's time to learn a different language mate... :lol:

only joking.. I struggle with my French.. keep at it... you'll be fine..

I have to learn Afrikkans... joy of joys!
hahaha yeh i've been telling myself that for ages now! erm.... danke schon! :p im deadly at french too {so much sarcasim there} erm..... bonnes anneé!! :haha:
nah dont bother learning a new language, just make everyone else speak english! sorted! :yeah:

oooh i never introduced myself...
I'm a 16 year old female irish fecker called roisin {shockingly enough} and i have a soft spot for alcohol, hot guys and sport. that should be all u need to know ;)

adeegee
03-22-2005, 10:41 PM
I'd love to speak Spanish but I was never taught it at school :sad: only french and i'm truly awful. anyone wanna teach me some spanish?

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:41 PM
It's kinda required to be able to speak Afrikkans in Cape Town... I'll give it a go.. I know some already..

I suck badly at French, but I can get by... I wanna be able to speak Italian properly though, what a beautiful language that is...:drool:

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:42 PM
I'd love to speak Spanish but I was never taught it at school :sad: only french and i'm truly awful. anyone wanna teach me some spanish?
Queso (can't spell it sorry)... means cheese... but that's literally all I know!!

adeegee
03-22-2005, 10:48 PM
It's kinda required to be able to speak Afrikkans in Cape Town... I'll give it a go.. I know some already..

are you south african originally? i know a few south african words, there's so many that have moved over to britain, my best friend is from cape town originally. and also that south africans seem to say 'man' at the end of each sentence! :p

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:50 PM
are you south african originally? i know a few south african words, there's so many that have moved over to britain, my best friend is from cape town originally. and also that south africans seem to say 'man' at the end of each sentence! :p
no.. my ex, who I'm going to live with, don't ask, complicated situation... is South African and I learnt some when I went out with him.. it's a very very harsh language..I don't like it much but hey, when in Rome and all....

oh and they say "ah" (with an inflection like they're asking a question) at the end of every phrase!!

"how are you ah?"
"nice try ah"
"good morning ah"
"cracking ah"....

etc etc etc...

roisin
03-22-2005, 10:51 PM
i think german is a :ras: language. its horrible, all the hard words and all, it just sounds horrible

lizzieh
03-22-2005, 10:52 PM
i think german is a :ras: language. its horrible, all the hard words and all, it just sounds horrible
that's just coz you suck at it!! ;)

it's a harsh language I agree.. but a very impressive one when spoken at speed..

Katdiva7
03-22-2005, 11:29 PM
:wavey: Hi all. Katie (Kat), 17, from a boring little state I like to call Oklahoma. Andy and I have a love/hate relationship. As in I love him when he wins and what to throw a rock at him when he loses ;)

Tytta!.
03-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Actually for once I didnt, shocking as it may seem :rolleyes: but after I typed it, it seemed to good to let it pass :kiss:

You hide the truth and I pretend to believe you. We're even ;) :kiss:

Jennay
03-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Pfff, German kicks ass. ;) Ich liebe es. :p (Ok, so that is like the only sentence I can form, give me a break.)

Jessica
03-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Hi! :wavey:

Jessica, 14, lives in Northern California.

Nice to pseudo-meet you :D

PinkFeatherBoa
03-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Pfff, German kicks ass. ;) Ich liebe es. :p (Ok, so that is like the only sentence I can form, give me a break.)

Along comes Jen to stick up for German. :yeah: Wundervoll!

I personally quite like the language too, but it is my third language, so its one I'm quite proficient in.

Oh, and hello to the newbs. :wavey:

Dinkie
03-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi, I'm Dinkie from Amsterdam, the Netherlands, probably the oldest on this board. Graduated from Uni and work as an event manager. Speak 5 languages but that is a result of living in a small country with a language no one across the border understands except for Flemish Belgiums, South Africans and Surinamese.

My favourite tennis players are Andy Roddick, Marat Safin, Kim Clijsters, Jennifer Capriati, Anna Kournikova and Gabriela Sabatini.

Coverage of ATP and WTA tennis is bad in the Netherlands. WTA tennis is sometimes on Eurosport but we don't have that channel in Amsterdam (!!!), the cable company cut it of because they wanted more money. I can sometimes watch women's tennis on Belgium tv (mainly Kim and Justine) but for the men's I have to be satisfied with written match reports on these boards unfortunately. Dutch players are only shown on TV if they have a good result in an important tournament or if there is a local tournament like ATP Rotterdam. Grand Slams are in general covered on commercial Dutch TV. So I come to this board to get extra behind-the-scene information on tennis.

lizzieh
03-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Hi, I'm Dinkie from Amsterdam, the Netherlands, probably the oldest on this board. Graduated from Uni and work as an event manager. Speak 5 languages but that is a result of living in a small country with a language no one across the border understands except for Flemish Belgiums, South Africans and Surinamese.

My favourite tennis players are Andy Roddick, Marat Safin, Kim Clijsters, Jennifer Capriati, Anna Kournikova and Gabriela Sabatini.

Coverage of ATP and WTA tennis is bad in the Netherlands. WTA tennis is sometimes on Eurosport but we don't have that channel in Amsterdam (!!!), the cable company cut it of because they wanted more money. I can sometimes watch women's tennis on Belgium tv (mainly Kim and Justine) but for the men's I have to be satisfied with written match reports on these boards unfortunately. Dutch players are only shown on TV if they have a good result in an important tournament or if there is a local tournament like ATP Rotterdam. Grand Slams are in general covered on commercial Dutch TV. So I come to this board to get extra behind-the-scene information on tennis.

you must teach me to speak afrikaans!! i move to South Africa soon!! :eek:

Jennay
03-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Along comes Jen to stick up for German. :yeah: Wundervoll!

I personally quite like the language too, but it is my third language, so its one I'm quite proficient in.

Oh, and hello to the newbs. :wavey:
I will always stick up for German. :banana:

Cool, Jenny, what other language do you speak? (Other than English and German)

snaillyyy
03-23-2005, 01:00 AM
You hide the truth and I pretend to believe you. We're even ;) :kiss:

hmmm :shrug: ok

PinkFeatherBoa
03-23-2005, 01:04 AM
I will always stick up for German. :banana:

Cool, Jenny, what other language do you speak? (Other than English and German)

I also speak Welsh, French and some Maltese {I'm still working on my Spanish/Portugese, so sort of speak these}.

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 01:10 AM
OMC Jenny you speak portuguese??? WHAT???? :eek:

Deboogle!.
03-23-2005, 01:11 AM
oh god. Renata freak-out alert!

:bolt:

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Run, baby run! :rolls:

Well, at least you do know when I freak out!

PinkFeatherBoa
03-23-2005, 01:30 AM
:lol:Freak out time!

OMC Jenny you speak portuguese??? WHAT???? :eek:

Eu falo Portugese muito pequeno mas eu sou melhor no discurso do que a escrita.

So basically, I'm learning, my friend has been teaching me but until I go classes for it, it will be very patchy.

Jennay
03-23-2005, 02:11 AM
Jenny :worship: I love languages. :)

andyroxmysox12191
03-23-2005, 02:40 AM
That's awesome Jenny :banana: wish I knew more than my 3 lol

Volcanic Tennis
03-23-2005, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the welcomes and the pages of sensical chat :)

I know two languages fluently -- English [I hope so, LOL] and French -- am learning Spanish, but I want to know German, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Russian and Madarin. LOL. Too bad, though, I can't take classes. =(

MisterQ
03-23-2005, 04:22 AM
I love speaking German, it's a very rich language. The words are so meaty you could take a bit out of them. :lol:

Portuguese is a language I would love to learn. :hearts:

ataptc
03-23-2005, 04:35 AM
I dont post here much, mostly because I cant catch up with all the posts here! You can say i'm a lurker then ;) I'm Evelyn, turning 18 this year from Singapore, like jiat :)

sarah, are you studying for your A levels? So am I! I'm doing chem, bio and maths

MissFairy
03-23-2005, 09:31 AM
:hug: for that!!

bloody hell... why on earth you doing that... oh yeah you want to be a doctor person don't you?

my life is about to get very hectic... it's time to get the gown out again...eeek!!

when are your exams?
end of may :eek: and i havent even begun to cover stuff...:fiery: i dont like exams, i was oging to write hate, but hate is such a strong word :angel:

british empire, blosson, where? :bolt: i live in the caribbean...i wish :p

sarah, are you studying for your A levels? So am I! I'm doing chem, bio and maths
yeah i am :) hehe we're like doing the same subjects :dance:
theyre hard :sad: and im failing maths, but the others i love :) :)

and deegee, mate, physics is the killer seriously. the works mental. maths is :mad: but bio, chemistry and english are :cool: esp english lit, its very hot :)
and yeah i know my educational needs are met here, all i'd ever need to know (about German)

i can only speak english and a little french...i only picked up a little french and i studied it for 5 years and got a GCSE in it :rolleyes:

ataptc
03-23-2005, 10:17 AM
I love English lit, but since I didnt take that subject for GCSE, I dont wanna take a risk for As :( I love Maths, though it's difficult. I really cannot stand chem!! My ideal subjects would be english lit, geog, maths and bio :cool:

MissFairy
03-23-2005, 10:22 AM
awww i heart geography, i wish i took it instead of maths :mad:
but wise choice, i spose, not doing it without the GCSE, i did quite well in englsih last year so i thought id be okay. and things are coming along nicely :) :)

roisin
03-23-2005, 01:06 PM
that's just coz you suck at it!!
ok ok, it shan't be denied ;) im sure i'd like it if i found it easier :)

geography is cool! :cool: so is business, i could write for hours on business, its great i just make it up if i get stuck in tests and it works! :yeah:

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 03:06 PM
:lol:Freak out time!

Eu falo Portugese muito pequeno mas eu sou melhor no discurso do que a escrita.

So basically, I'm learning, my friend has been teaching me but until I go classes for it, it will be very patchy.

Tá quase perfeito :p

You just need like to actually talk and practice that you'll be kicking ass soon :)

PinkFeatherBoa
03-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Tá quase perfeito :p

You just need like to actually talk and practice that you'll be kicking ass soon :)

Obrigado. :)

I will probably take proper classes one day because I find Portugese a lovely language.

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Well if I can help you with anything just let me know :)

tangerine_dream
03-23-2005, 04:04 PM
I love how we manage to derail every thread. ;)

edit: added winkie smilie before anyone takes offense to what I thought was a facetious comment.

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 04:09 PM
:o

lizzieh
03-23-2005, 05:08 PM
I love how we manage to derail every thread.
it's certainly a skill!!

ataptc
03-23-2005, 05:28 PM
awww i heart geography, i wish i took it instead of maths :mad:
but wise choice, i spose, not doing it without the GCSE, i did quite well in englsih last year so i thought id be okay. and things are coming along nicely :) :)
well all the best to ya! I still have a year and 8 months to go.. :(

MissFairy
03-23-2005, 05:39 PM
well all the best to ya! I still have a year and 8 months to go.. :(
good luck to you too :hug: 8 months till yours AS level exams? mines are like in two months! :eek:

blosson
03-23-2005, 08:31 PM
I love how we manage to derail every thread. ;)

edit: added winkie smilie before anyone takes offense to what I thought was a facetious comment.

haha that's part of 'getting to know a-rod fans better'...

from andy anonymous fans to foreign languages, history and geography.

Éowyn
03-23-2005, 09:29 PM
ok i'm gonna try and get back on topic without leaving the off topicness at the same time :confused:

ok i'm JJ i'm 24 and i'm an alcoholic ...ooh no wait wrong place, been an andy fan long long time! i'm in england i can only speak english well i can speak some elvish too but no one else can :sad: and i'm weird coz my best subject in school was maths! mainly coz PE didn't become an official GCSE subject option til the year after i took mine!

okay yeah so thats it! i'm gonna wander off o post more hot pics of random people in the hot guys thread :)

aceit
03-23-2005, 09:34 PM
I have a math quiz tomorrow .. would you like to take it? ;)

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 09:38 PM
I do I do I do I do!

aceit
03-23-2005, 09:38 PM
:aparty: Yay. ;)

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 09:40 PM
What do I get for making it for you? ;)

aceit
03-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Carlos sex.

snaillyyy
03-23-2005, 09:44 PM
LMFAO!!!!!! now that would be great incentive do to math...even when Renata LOVES math ;) :D

am&a
03-23-2005, 09:44 PM
i'll do it, i'll do it! d:

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 09:46 PM
I said it first, Amanda, no way

SOOOOOO bad you don't like math ;)

aceit
03-23-2005, 09:46 PM
i'll do it, i'll do it! d:
You two will have to fight it out yourselves. ;)

Tomorrow in class when we get the quiz this will be my line, "No, Mrs. DeMarco. One of my ducklings will be here soon and take the quiz for me. That's alright, isn't it? They are really good at math, and I'm also rewarding them with Carlos sex. Wouldn't you take someone else's quiz for Carlos sex?"

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Oh Carlos I SAID I WANTED TO MAKE THE QUIZ FIRST!!!!!!!!

am&a
03-23-2005, 09:52 PM
fine, you can have the carlos sex. i'll just go cut sexay rogerer's hair and make him pay for it with something other than money. d:

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 09:52 PM
DO NOT TOUCH SEXAY ROGERER!!!!!!!!

aceit
03-23-2005, 09:53 PM
How many men do you need? :p

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Uhm, depends of which day of the week you're talking about

am&a
03-23-2005, 09:57 PM
DO NOT TOUCH SEXAY ROGERER!!!!!!!!shall we move this discussion elsewhere? d:

Tytta!.
03-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Sure, go ahead ;)

superpinkone37
03-24-2005, 12:32 AM
wow this thread has grown since i have last been on.... I guess I'll just say hi to all the new people :wavey:

ataptc
03-24-2005, 07:04 AM
good luck to you too :hug: 8 months till yours AS level exams? mines are like in two months! :eek:
AS level means end of year exams for year 1 right? Yup mine are 8 months away..

williaer
03-24-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi everyone! :wavey:
I'm Ellen, I live in Melbourne, Australia (used to live in Houston though...) and im 14 years old.

I love andy, my fav colour is blue, im a swimmer, and i love andy!!! (especially when he wins!!)

i like this thread, its good to get to know everyone!

Jessica
03-24-2005, 07:29 AM
Hi everyone! :wavey:
I'm Ellen, I live in Melbourne, Australia (used to live in Houston though...) and im 14 years old.

I love andy, my fav colour is blue, im a swimmer, and i love andy!!! (especially when he wins!!)

i like this thread, its good to get to know everyone!
Hello! :wavey:

I'm 14 as well, and my favorite color is blue, too :p

WestMeister
03-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Hi... I'm Wes. :wavey:

Been a fan of Andy for a few years. I'm from sunshining Southern California (Burbank) but not of late. :rain: It's been rainy here. I graduated from USC a few years ago. Now I'm working full time in television broadcasting and webcasting. But my ultimate goal is to become a full time screenwriter, director and producer of feature films. Not there yet... but hopefully soon.

I play tennis :tennis: on weekends or when I can. On my free time... well... for one... I'm here meeting all of you guys and gals. :secret:

Deboogle!.
03-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi Wes, welcome! :wavey: I'm in SoCal, too, downtown LA area.

Good luck with your goals! I'm in law school and I want to do entertainment stuff too :)

lizzieh
03-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi Wes, welcome! :wavey: I'm in SoCal, too, downtown LA area.

Good luck with your goals! I'm in law school and I want to do entertainment stuff too :)
I didn't know you were in law school Deb?!!

I'm about to finish my law degree... :eek: exams :eek:

Deboogle!.
03-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Yep, my first year :) You're only 20 and about to finish??? omg! we have to do 4 years of regular university then 3 years of law school THEN take the bar - don't get to finish til at least 25 :o:o:o

MisterQ
03-24-2005, 03:42 PM
howdy Wes :hatoff:

lizzieh
03-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Yep, my first year :) You're only 20 and about to finish??? omg! we have to do 4 years of regular university then 3 years of law school THEN take the bar - don't get to finish til at least 25 :o:o:o
we do it differently over here... we do our A levels, which can be 3, 4 or in my case 6 subjects for two years, then we go to university where we study at undergrad level for 3 years, then go to do a postgrad for a year, then for a solicitor(we diferentiate between lawyers in England) you do 3 years of "articles" which is training on the job...doing four or five "seats" in different departments... and for a barrister its a year of "pupilage" under a senior barrister...

but I'm not doing that... I'm decamping to Cape Town!!

lizzieh
03-24-2005, 03:43 PM
did that make any sense?

Deboogle!.
03-24-2005, 03:43 PM
So you're really gonna go? Good luck, girl, I hope it works out!

What is the difference between a solicitor and a lawyer?

roisin
03-24-2005, 03:45 PM
oooh lizzie are u gonna buy that deadly gaff?!

lizzieh
03-24-2005, 03:48 PM
So you're really gonna go? Good luck, girl, I hope it works out!

What is the difference between a solicitor and a lawyer?

a solicitor is someone who does all the paperwork, property, commercial, international trade etc etc etc...

a barrister goes into court and argues the case in front of the judge, the ones you see with the wigs and gowns..

oh and roisin... yeah... he said yes this morning...he's been on the phone to his people in Cape Town so fingers crossed... :worship:

roisin
03-24-2005, 03:51 PM
i might sound really dumb here, but why oh why do barristers wear wigs? is it to get some entertainment on the court room or something? :shrug: :confused:

woo! deadly lizzie! that gaff is sooooo beautiful. {remember now, one bedroom, painted red - with fridge :lol: }

lizzieh
03-24-2005, 03:56 PM
i might sound really dumb here, but why oh why do barristers wear wigs? is it to get some entertainment on the court room or something? :shrug: :confused:

woo! deadly lizzie! that gaff is sooooo beautiful. {remember now, one bedroom, painted red - with fridge :lol: }
ok.. they don't teach you this on the particular law degree I do... but here goes...(oh and if anyone has a better explanation I won't be offended)..

not everyone has the same amount of money with which to fight a court case. Often you will get a single plaintiff(claimant) against a massive corporation... it's been this way for centuries, David and Goliath so to speak, so the idea of the wig and gown is that the barristers look the same to the jury.. that they can't decide on who's shoes they like better or who has the best hairstyle... it's supposed to foster fairness and equality before the law...much like school uniform...

oh and one red room wth four poster and fridge coming up!

Winston's Human
03-24-2005, 04:12 PM

After a while in the daily muck of the legal profession, you will look fondly on the seemingly-endless law school days. At 24, when I finished law school and passed the bar, I was in such a hurry to practice law. Now, although I love my job, I wonder what the rush was all about.

ataptc
03-24-2005, 04:48 PM
ok.. they don't teach you this on the particular law degree I do... but here goes...(oh and if anyone has a better explanation I won't be offended)..

not everyone has the same amount of money with which to fight a court case. Often you will get a single plaintiff(claimant) against a massive corporation... it's been this way for centuries, Davis and Goliath so to speak, so the idea of the wig and gown is that the barristers look the same to the jury.. that they can't decide on who's shoes they like better or who has the best hairstyle... it's supposed to foster fairness and equality before the law...much like school uniform...
Didnt know that! Thanks for the explanation :)

Carito_90
03-24-2005, 07:38 PM
K now after reading what you guys have seaid I feel bad for not being able to speak 325424363246 different languages. I'm gonna start German classes soon though, so I'm excited :banana:
Ich... that's all I can say :sobbing:

roisin
03-24-2005, 08:36 PM
'ich habe hunger' means i am hungry ;)

{ive learned so much from studying it the past 5 years}

williaer
03-24-2005, 09:50 PM
omg, i really really want to do law!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - and become a barrister!
however, i have to get like 99.4 (or something equally ridiculous) on my VCE to get into it, which is seemingly impossible. i think year 12 for me will be my nerd, anti-social year where i'll have my head in my books 24/7 so i can get in!

Jennay
03-24-2005, 10:06 PM
K now after reading what you guys have seaid I feel bad for not being able to speak 325424363246 different languages. I'm gonna start German classes soon though, so I'm excited :banana:
Ich... that's all I can say :sobbing:
Caro :haha: You can say "ja" too ;) I hope.. :lol:

But :rolleyes: I sent you three pages from my coursebook, so you know all those words and phrases as well.. ;)

Jennay
03-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the welcomes and the pages of sensical chat :)

I know two languages fluently -- English [I hope so, LOL] and French -- am learning Spanish, but I want to know German, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Russian and Madarin. LOL. Too bad, though, I can't take classes. =(
Cool :yeah:

I want to continue learning German, know Italian/Spanish better, and eventually try Portuguese and French. Chinese/Japanese/Russian all seem too hard for me. :o I would love to try though. :)

williaer
03-24-2005, 10:29 PM
im learning french, and i used to learn spanish

i really want to learn german!!!!!!!!!!!

J. Corwin
03-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Caro :haha: You can say "ja" too ;) I hope.. :lol:

But :rolleyes: I sent you three pages from my coursebook, so you know all those words and phrases as well.. ;)

I can say some German! :cool:...I think :angel:

Ich mach dich!
Ich liebe dich auch!

And totally random ----> rosinen :lol::haha:

I need to brush on my German you know. ;)
:banana:

J. Corwin
03-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Welcome Wes! and everyone! :hatoff:

superpinkone37
03-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Welcome everyone :wavey:

I think languages are so awesome and I would love to learn....but I am so not dedicated enough, so yeah, so much for that idea.

zoltan83
03-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Welcome everyone! :wavey:

Why not create an international lawyer's firm with all roddick's fan who study law (or want to be a lawyer)??? :lol: We are so much. :cool:

MisterQ
03-24-2005, 11:45 PM

Ich mach dich!
Ich liebe dich auch!

Ich mag dich = I like you.

Ich mach dich = I do you. ;) :o

MisterQ
03-24-2005, 11:45 PM
Welcome everyone! :wavey:

Why not create an international lawyer's firm with all roddick's fan who study law (or want to be a lawyer)??? :lol: We are so much. :cool:

Call it Ace Associates. :banana:

Jennay
03-25-2005, 12:12 AM

Ich mag dich = I like you.

Ich mach dich = I do you. ;) :o
Hmm.. For some reason, I really don't think that was a typo. :angel:

star
03-25-2005, 01:08 AM
Why are so many Andy fans lawyers? :eek:

Volcanic Tennis
03-25-2005, 04:45 AM
Hmmm.... >> I don't know. I was trying to find a witty response, but I haven't slept since 6 in the morning... >> No brain po. Oops, not "po", power. See? I can't type out complete words.

zoltan83
03-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Why are so many Andy fans lawyers? :eek:
For instituting proceedings against all bashers in the GM who casted a slur on Andy. :p

Tytta!.
03-25-2005, 02:02 PM

Deboogle!.
03-25-2005, 03:49 PM
For instituting proceedings against all bashers in the GM who casted a slur on Andy. :p

:haha: :haha:

hey I mean, it makes sense to me. Lawyers are obviously the stupidest people around and you have to be pretty stupid to like Andy, obviously.... so it works :p

tangerine_dream
03-25-2005, 03:52 PM

:haha: Too bad I already repped you, Nicolas, that's a keeper :yeah:

fangirl
03-25-2005, 03:54 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

And into my siggy that is going!

Jennay
03-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Nico :haha: :haha:

snaillyyy
03-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Nicolas :worship: :haha: that is great!

tennnisgirl7
03-26-2005, 01:33 AM
Hey the names Codi from Houston everything is bigger and better and texas! And i couldent love andy anymore i plan on marrying him(im a girl by the way).

gorgeous
03-27-2005, 09:04 PM

Ich mach dich!
Ich liebe dich auch!

:haha: Rosinen? Where did that come from?

Becarina
03-28-2005, 04:33 AM
Hey the names Codi from Houston everything is bigger and better and texas! And i couldent love andy anymore i plan on marrying him(im a girl by the way).

Oh sorry, didn't you hear?

Andy only dates men like Mardy...

J. Corwin
03-28-2005, 06:00 AM
:haha: Rosinen? Where did that come from?

It's a long story. :p

MisterQ
03-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Kalifornien Rosinen? ;)

http://www.angelfire.com/wi/raisin/grads.jpg

tangerine_dream
03-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Andy only dates men like Mardy...

He has said that he has a thing for blondes. ;)

k-rod83
03-28-2005, 06:09 PM
im kelly...21 from manchester england. fave player is lindsay davenport, then andy. also like safin,clijsters and jen cap....work in a petrol station, been a tennis fan since 96 olympics....er....love csi, will and grace an crappy reality/compotition shows, listen to all music esp the killers at the moment

Kristen
04-01-2005, 04:52 AM
Hi :wavey:
I'm not an Andy fan, but I keep finding my way to this forum so might as well introduce myself! I guess he's just not European enough for me :p I don't dislike him, he's just probably too good a player to make it to my list! (Check my signature). Plus, he beats all the guys on my list, so...

I'm Kristen, 23 from Sydney Australia. I study the environment at university and I want to work for a group like IFAW or WWF when I graduate ;) My favourite players are Jonas, Alexander Popp, Jürgen Melzer, and Jarkko Nieminen. I don't follow the WTA. I would rather watch grass grow, unless there are really strong women playing. I actually don't mind the Williams girls, and Amelie Mauresmo/Alicia Roddick are :cool: in my book :D

See you! ^_^

liptea
04-01-2005, 04:54 AM
He has said that he has a thing for blondes. ;)

Andy + Mardy = (damn, I lost my :molest: smiley)

Deboogle!.
04-01-2005, 04:58 AM
Hi Kristen!

Well, you don't have to like Andy to come and have fun with us. Especially now that Andy's off for a couple weeks, there's a lot more chat than there is Andy talk :lol:

Alicia Roddick...

:eek: I didn't know Andy had a sister!!!! :eek: LOL :p Freudian slip, mayhaps? ;)

Chloe le Bopper
04-01-2005, 05:00 AM
Ooh! An intro thread. Have I posted in here before? I'm my favourite topic :hearts:

Kristen
04-01-2005, 05:31 AM
:eek: I didn't know Andy had a sister!!!! :eek: LOL :p Freudian slip, mayhaps? ;)

:eek: You didn't know :o
:lol: I guess he didn't get all the talent. Oops! :D

tangerine_dream
04-01-2005, 06:00 PM
What is it about our wonderful forum that you always find yourself coming back here, BG? http://www.terranuts.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin3.gif

I noticed that our forum has been attracting a lot of trolls lately. (don't worry, BG, we know you're not one of them :hug: ) It's funny justice that Andy continues to attract haters to him like the american idol that he is. :p

fangirl
04-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Tangy, I wish that we could say that Andylah is the American Idol, but sadly he has gone home due to grave errors on the part of both the American public and Fox.

I am mildly attached to our resident trolls though. They were excellent for taking bad moods out on when I spilt open my knee and was in all sorts of pain and general disgruntledness with life.

fangirl
04-01-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm not an Andy fan, but I keep finding my way to this forum so might as well introduce myself! I guess he's just not European enough for me :p I don't dislike him, he's just probably too good a player to make it to my list! (Check my signature). Plus, he beats all the guys on my list, so...

I'm Kristen, 23 from Sydney Australia. I study the environment at university and I want to work for a group like IFAW or WWF when I graduate ;) My favourite players are Jonas, Alexander Popp, Jürgen Melzer, and Jarkko Nieminen. I don't follow the WTA. I would rather watch grass grow, unless there are really strong women playing. I actually don't mind the Williams girls, and Amelie Mauresmo/Alicia Roddick are :cool: in my book :D

See you! ^_^

Hi Kristen! I am always happy to have another Aussie around here because if I ever insult Mark Holden, at least someone will be able to giggle slightly because dissing Mark is teh fun in my book.

And I think the reason you keep finding your way back here is because people (i.e - me) are cool beyond words :)

Golfnduck
04-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Welcome to Duckyville Bjorkman_Girl :hug:

snaillyyy
04-01-2005, 06:40 PM
:bigwave: Hi Kristen :D!!

Jennay
04-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Kristen :hug: :wavey:

Tytta!.
04-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Hey! :bigwave:

williaer
04-01-2005, 09:51 PM
I am always happy to have another Aussie around here because if I ever insult Mark Holden, at least someone will be able to giggle slightly because dissing Mark is teh fun in my book.

haha, i HATE mark holden, with a passion!!!! wait, dicko sucks too! so does that whole show!!!!!!!!!
and the x-factor, well, meh.

zoltan83
04-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Hi Kristen! :hug:
Welcome here :wavey:

francine^78
04-03-2005, 07:09 AM
hey! im new here. so... hi?! lol. my name's francine and im 15 yo from the Philippines.

Deboogle!.
04-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi Francine! Welcome!!!

J. Corwin
04-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Howdy Kristen and Francine! :wavey:

Kristen
04-03-2005, 08:17 AM
:lol: I think I keep coming back because you guys seem to be a bit nutty, in a :cool: fun kind of way :)

OMFG Mark "I wanna make you my lady" Holden... not at all constructive... he just sits there scowling at performers, for like ten seconds until :drool: Daniel moves on to another, more worthwhile judge. What an ass. I like Dicko on Aus Idol, but on Restaurant Rules... his voice just sounds so condescending...or something :rolleyes:

Peta Pan
04-03-2005, 01:39 PM

See you! ^_^

Holy crap Kristen! Now you've stunned me. You DO realise this is DUCKland don't you? :lol:
Also... I'm gonna keep that "I don't dislike him" quote handy for January ;)

See you, bye ;) :p

zoltan83
04-03-2005, 10:28 PM
hey! im new here. so... hi?! lol. my name's francine and im 15 yo from the Philippines.
:wavey: Francine! Welcome here!

PinkFeatherBoa
04-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Welcome Francine and BG. :wavey:

Clara Bow
05-04-2005, 05:14 AM
Hi- I'm Elisabeth :wavey:
*I live in Austin and my friends have seen Andy out running when they have been running but I never see him when I am out running. I was able to briefly meet him at a charity event in town though.
* I work in the non-profit arena and recently completed my work for my Masters in History.
*I'm in my 20s and married to a third year associate (attorney) who works until at least 11 around three times a week but that I have a lot of fun and goofy times with when we are together.
* I'm a horrible speller. My friends aren't all that keen into tennis so I have to get most of my yayas out here on MTF.
* Played tennis in high school but now mainly watch it because of shoulder issues. Have watched tennis since I was around 4.
* I like a wide myriad of players (including Andy of course). Players that I like include Federer, Nadal (rapidly becoming one of my top favorites), Safin, Nalbandian (am I still welcome here?), Blake (have met him- he is soooo nice), Baghdatis (he plays with such joy), Henman, Coria (despite his questionable oncourt behavior), Gaudio (when he's not being a "chowderhead" to quote Mary Carillo), Guga, Andre, Pim Pim, and others.

Deboogle!.
05-04-2005, 05:18 AM
:wavey: welcome Elisabeth! I've enjoyed your posts for a while, so I'm so glad to see you in the Andy forum. Get comfy, we're kinda crazy! Congrats on your Masters! :bounce: What kind of history? and :yeah: :dance: :yippee: for liking a lot of different players! :)

Clara Bow
05-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the welcome Debstah. I have enjoyed your posts for quite a while too. :) In fact I have enjoyed the posts of several of the people who post in this arena so I thought that I'd jump in.

My area of focus was (US) colonial history, and my thesis was about prostitiution in the New England and Mid-Atlantic British colonies (and a little bit in the post- Revolutionary period as well.) I can't tell you how many times I have typed the words "bawdy house" in the past year. ;)

Deboogle!.
05-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome Debstah. I have enjoyed your posts for quite a while too. :) In fact I have enjoyed the posts of several of the people who post in this arena so I thought that I'd jump in.well we're glad to have you :D

My area of focus was (US) colonial history, and my thesis was about prostitiution in the New England and Mid-Atlantic British colonies (and a little bit in the post- Revolutionary period as well.) I can't tell you how many times I have typed the words "bawdy house" in the past year. ;)Hooray for colonial history! That was my favorite part of US history, too. New England! :rocker: (Bostonian at heart here). What a fascinating thesis :p Did you get your Masters from UT?

Clara Bow
05-04-2005, 06:07 AM
Did you get your Masters from UT?

No, I'm not a Longhorn. :) I did my course work at Loyola when we were living in Chicago and then have completed the writing since we have been in Austin. It took me quite a bit longer than I thought because of work and social stuff. It's hard to get motivated when your thesis advisor is several states away. :D

Bostonian at heart here

I love Boston! I really love walking cities with history and a real "feel" to them. Plus, as a Cubs fan, I gotta love a city that really cares about baseball.

superpinkone37
05-04-2005, 06:39 AM
Hi Clara Bow!! :wavey: :banana:

J. Corwin
05-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the welcome Debstah. I have enjoyed your posts for quite a while too. :) In fact I have enjoyed the posts of several of the people who post in this arena so I thought that I'd jump in.

My area of focus was (US) colonial history, and my thesis was about prostitiution in the New England and Mid-Atlantic British colonies (and a little bit in the post- Revolutionary period as well.) I can't tell you how many times I have typed the words "bawdy house" in the past year. ;)

We had prostitutes come into our class today ;). Our very pro-feminist professor invited three sex workers as guest speakers for our class. They're very educated and two of them hold Ph.D's. I must admit I had some faulty preconceptions about sex workers before the lecture today...

Anyway, welcome! :wavey:

fangirl
05-04-2005, 03:09 PM
I love Boston.

Boston Rob that is ;)

blosson
05-04-2005, 06:26 PM
We had prostitutes come into our class today ;). Our very pro-feminist professor invited three sex workers as guest speakers for our class. They're very educated and two of them hold Ph.D's. I must admit I had some faulty preconceptions about sex workers before the lecture today...

I wonder what kind of PhD's they have. Public Services or Human Anatomy?
Nothing against prostitutes, however it it still a degrading type of job if you have studied that much.

J. Corwin
05-04-2005, 07:12 PM
I wonder what kind of PhD's they have. Public Services or Human Anatomy?
Nothing against prostitutes, however it it still a degrading type of job if you have studied that much.

I hear ya but remember this is a very pro-feminist class lol. They're all about giving women the power to choose and some choose this kind of life. Not because they are forced to or have no other means to survive. The professor herself wore a shirt that said "Sluts Unite!" :lol: And she even lifted her shirt once in class to show her stretch marks, cuz she's "liberated". :rolleyes:

aceit
05-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Welcome Elisabeth!

I hear ya but remember this is a very pro-feminist class lol. They're all about giving women the power to choose and some choose this kind of life. Not because they are forced to or have no other means to survive. The professor herself wore a shirt that said "Sluts Unite!" :lol: And she even lifted her shirt once in class to show her stretch marks, cuz she's "liberated". :rolleyes:
What's the name of this class exactly? :p

Deboogle!.
05-04-2005, 08:39 PM
WOW Jace.... there are pro-feminist classes at Berkeley? I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

aceit
05-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Debbbbbb ... how was the exam(s)?

snaillyyy
05-04-2005, 08:41 PM
:wavey: Elisabeth, welcome, lovely to see you hear :D

Deboogle!.
05-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Debbbbbb ... how was the exam(s)?Who knows... I mean, this professor is like a psycho-bitch crazy woman, so who knows what she was looking for. I don't think I did horribly, but I kinda wrote this one off as a BLAH exam anyway lmao. I just wrote and wrote and wrote for 2 hours.. hopefully some of it was worth points :lol:

Thanks for asking:hug:

J. Corwin
05-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Welcome Elisabeth!

What's the name of this class exactly? :p

Something like "Introduction to Critical Social Theory"...

There was an interesting discussion on Thailand's sex tourism industry. ;) And I thought it was interesting that one of the ex-sex workers would get paid $10,000 for spending a day with a high-roller, for her brain! :p She would engage in intellectual debates with the client over dinner and over the course of the day. It was "intellectual foreplay" as she called it...sex was expected at the end of the day too of course. ;)

She was supposedly on TV in one of CNN's debates and was profiled on A&E in the past. :eek: She's written several books too. Many guys call her up because they see her on TV or read one of her articles and are just fanscinated with her. Quote "I just need to meet you!" :lol:

aceit
05-04-2005, 11:31 PM
That's very weird, but interesting.

Jennay
05-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Welcome, Elisabeth! :hug: :wavey:
Nalbandian (am I still welcome here?)
OF COURSE! :yippee:

zoltan83
05-05-2005, 12:39 AM
:wavey: Elisabeth!!

Seleshfan
05-05-2005, 04:12 AM
Something like "Introduction to Critical Social Theory"...

There was an interesting discussion on Thailand's sex tourism industry. ;) And I thought it was interesting that one of the ex-sex workers would get paid $10,000 for spending a day with a high-roller, for her brain! :p She would engage in intellectual debates with the client over dinner and over the course of the day. It was "intellectual foreplay" as she called it...sex was expected at the end of the day too of course. ;)

Would you call this "intellectual stimulation" or a mind f*ck?

acoffeygirl
05-17-2005, 02:08 AM
Hi - I'm Amber, age 31, single - I live in LA (close to LA anyway) been an Andy fan for a while.....spend way too much time reading posts on this site - Should be working more but it is Monday!

aceit
05-17-2005, 02:10 AM
Welcome Amber! :wavey:

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 02:15 AM
OH! LA! :rocker2: You going to the Mercedez-Benz Cup? I live near downtown :p

Welcome, Amber. Glad you "officially" introduced yourself! :hug:

tangerine_dream
05-17-2005, 02:15 AM
Hi - I'm Amber, age 31, single - I live in LA (close to LA anyway) been an Andy fan for a while.....spend way too much time reading posts on this site - Should be working more but it is Monday!
:woohoo: Another 30-something. Welcome aboard Amber :wavey:

Winston's Human
05-17-2005, 03:37 AM
Who knows... I mean, this professor is like a psycho-bitch crazy woman, so who knows what she was looking for. I don't think I did horribly, but I kinda wrote this one off as a BLAH exam anyway lmao. I just wrote and wrote and wrote for 2 hours.. hopefully some of it was worth points :lol:

Thanks for asking:hug:

Just remember one thing. Very little of the substance you learn in law school will be useful in the real practice of law.

I spent much of my 1L year wondering what the H was going on. To this day, I am still befuddled as to what was taught in civil procedure.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 03:39 AM
Just remember one thing. Very little of the substance you learn in law school will be useful in the real practice of law.

I spent much of my 1L year wondering what the H was going on. To this day, I am still befuddled as to what was taught in civil procedure.:haha: thanks :) That's what everyone has told me :p

I think i've forgotten it all already and my exams just ended Friday! :lol:

blosson
05-17-2005, 01:45 PM

:wavey: Hi Amber.

J. Corwin
05-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Howdy Amber! :hatoff:

MissFairy
05-17-2005, 03:32 PM
:wavey: Hiya Amber :) :hug:

Tytta!.
05-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Welcome :D

Golfnduck
05-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi Amber :wavey:

zoltan83
05-17-2005, 07:01 PM
:wavey: Hi Amber!

SwiSha
05-17-2005, 07:06 PM
whats up Roddick fans ... i hope Andy is okay ... have a good one at RG ..

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Hi Swisha! :wavey:

SwiSha
05-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi Swisha! :wavey:

hi there .. i m still optimistic that Andy can make some good results at RG ..at least i hope so.. very unfortunate matches against Verdasco and Massu on clay.. i saw improvement on his clay game :wavey:

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 07:19 PM
I hope so too. Yes, he definitely improved, that's great to see. But his head doesn't seem to want to let him :lol: And the weather in Paris is not supposed to be so nice. that will get into his head even more and be even worse for him :o As long as he tries his hardest I guess :shrug::o guess we'll find out soon enough

Come say hi again soon :)

SwiSha
05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
I hope so too. Yes, he definitely improved, that's great to see. But his head doesn't seem to want to let him :lol: And the weather in Paris is not supposed to be so nice. that will get into his head even more and be even worse for him :o As long as he tries his hardest I guess :shrug::o guess we'll find out soon enough

Come say hi again soon :)

i will Debstah ;) all the best to you and Andy :wavey:

Faik Kheft
05-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi, I'm Fran, and I'm from rainy old England. I stumbled across these boards completely by accident - and I'm very glad I did! The average IQ here seems to be mountains higher than on any other tennis messageboards.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi Fran! :wavey: Welcome! I'm Deb :)

No comment about the IQs here, but the Andy forum is lots of fun :p

All I will say is - be careful if you go to the General Messages and the tournament threads.... you've been warned :p

Faik Kheft
05-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi Fran! :wavey: Welcome! I'm Deb :)

No comment about the IQs here, but the Andy forum is lots of fun :p

All I will say is - be careful if you go to the General Messages and the tournament threads.... you've been warned :p

Yeah, I noticed the posts in General Messages.....which is why I introduced myself here instead :D

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 09:37 PM
AH! smart one you are ;)

Well, jump right in - but watch out we're kinda nuts :p

Agent X
05-17-2005, 09:41 PM
:wavey: fellow Andy fans. I'm new around here, thought I'd just pop in and say hello.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2005, 09:43 PM
:wavey: Hi! :)

andyroxmysox12191
05-17-2005, 09:46 PM
:wavey: hi everyone! :D

J. Corwin
05-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Welcome Fran and Agent X! :wavey: