Eurosport. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Eurosport.

Saumon
03-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Eurosport sux! Discuss!! :p

RonE
03-20-2005, 01:42 PM
I will have to dig out some of my older eurosport threads- they were quite colourful for the most part.

Nikki♥
03-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Don´t say something like that about Eurosport. It rocks. I love it.

*karen*
03-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Eurosport does a reasonable job. It's not a pay per view channel. It just doesn't have the money to show live tennis all the time.

NATAS81
03-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Where's the congregation getting all over this man about Eurosport whining? Puhhhlease. ESPN didn't even show the #1 player in the world most of the tourney.

Aleksa's Laydee
03-21-2005, 06:00 PM
its alright but can be very shitty!!

TeeJay
03-22-2005, 04:01 AM
Wow, ok, me being a total gearhead, you mentioned "Eurosport", and my first thought was EuroSport (www.eurosportacc.com). Ha ha ha.

adele
03-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Eurosport is okay, but they don't show enough ATP. :ras:

I have nothing against WTA, but I think it's unfair that 75 % of their tennis programmin is from WTA.

And I like ATP more.

And they almost never show ATP... :sad:

RonE
03-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Where's the congregation getting all over this man about Eurosport whining? Puhhhlease. ESPN didn't even show the #1 player in the world most of the tourney.

The difference being, ESPN shows SOME of the world's best at TMS events while Eurosport doesn't even show these events at all. Therefore, if you are a fan of men's tennis and are forced to rely on Eurosport for coverage, you're pretty much screwed.

Rogiman
03-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Why are Eurosport so big about women's tennis, while they virtually ignore men's tennis? :confused:

Don't they want to telecast the "real game"...? :angel:

Truc
03-22-2005, 12:01 PM
The difference being, ESPN shows SOME of the world's best at TMS events while Eurosport doesn't even show these events at all. Therefore, if you are a fan of men's tennis and are forced to rely on Eurosport for coverage, you're pretty much screwed.
Exactly. We must wait for the French Open to see men's tennis again on Eurosport, since they won't show any ATP match in april and they have no coverage of the Masters Series tournaments.
I think the last finals we got to see live on Eurosport (except the finals in Scottsdale) was the finals of the Australian Open.
So no comparison with ESPN.

Puschkin
03-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Exactly. We must wait for the French Open to see men's tennis again on Eurosport, since they won't show any ATP match in april

They might show one of the Spanish tourneys, I vaguely remember having seen one of them last year on Eurosport.

I think the last finals we got to see live on Eurosport (except the finals in Scottsdale) was the finals of the Australian Open.

Not true ;) . Eurosport showed Dubai.

RonE
03-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Not true ;) . Eurosport showed Dubai.

Yes but not live .

Truc
03-22-2005, 12:44 PM
The finals in Dubai was not live, at least in Germany.
Last year they showed some clay tournaments, that's true, but I checked the programms of april and there are only WTA-tournaments (Amelia Island, Charleston and Warsaw). I hope it's not true, but that's what I read on several websites.

Puschkin
03-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Yes but not live .

well, compared to what we get from IW and Miami, it was heaven :devil:

Lady
03-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Dubai was LIVE on Eurosport 2, and Milan too! ;)

BTW, ES is WTA sponsor, that's why they show it much more! ;)

Truc
03-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Yes, you're right, I forgot Eurosport 2 because we don't get it here in Germany.

JustmeUK
03-22-2005, 09:10 PM
they don't suck that bad.. sometimes their lack of multifeed programming is a little irritating as when Federer lost to Kuerten in the FO last year and we didn't get to see it on Eurosport. but they do the best they can bearing in mind they can't compete with Sky in the UK for the TMS events (and to be fair I think Sky does a great job on these). so overall from a UK perspective they provide backup coverage for some of the smaller events (indoor at Vienna for example). not too many complaints from me.

Dinkie
03-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Why are Eurosport so big about women's tennis, while they virtually ignore men's tennis?

Because they already paid for WTA (sponsor) and they can't afford ATP.
At least they show some women's tennis and some Grand Slams. I'm more fed up with all the Champions League re-runs and 'highlights' and those snooker trash and World Championship Curling on Eurosport.

NATAS81
03-23-2005, 02:13 AM

OK, obviously I'm a bit uneducated here on world TV broadcasts. But, it seems the exact same way for N.A. when the ATP travels abroad. :confused:

It's all about ratings, and understandably so. They don't want to focus on the non-Americans here because it doesn't appeal to the casual tennis fan in the States. But to not include the top players in a Quarterfinal/Semi is downright ludicrous.

And unless it's in the country (which most TMS are), once again, ESPN will not show it barring it being a GS.

So, how about when you do receive minor tourney coverage on Eurosport? What is it like as far as the rounds? Early round? Semis? R16? etc..

Thanks for your input. :wavey: